The Springs in Cypress Reviews

14 Reviews for The Springs in Cypress

• Abdullah

Abdullah A. · Getting married on 06/08/2022

Wedding 08/30/20

We had our wedding at The SPRINGS this venue is gorgeous. The staff is very professional and nice.

Sent on 09/20/2020

The Springs in Cypress's reply:

Hi Abdullah! Thank you for your kind words and congratulations on your beautiful marriage! Your event was truly magical!

Alexis V. · Getting married on 11/05/2021

Stress-free.

Although 2020 was a bit different for couples who were originally planning their happily ever after amidst the chaos, I have to say that finding Megan and Hayley at the Chateu was one of the best things that happened to us! I am extremely thankful for you both! This is a venue that in my experience just felt right from the start. 🤍

The managers at this location were extremely knowledge, accepting, and sympathetic while wedding planning in 2020. Which is all we could really ask for; kindness. Hayley and Megan did not make us feel as if we were just another source of revenue for the Chateu. They made us feel extremely special, cared for, and got us even more excited for our wedding day! ✨

I truly cannot wait for you to experience your own story at this venue. Make sure to book an appointment ahead of time! I booked about three appointments because I was extremely indecisive but something just kept bringing me back! Logan and I cannot wait to continue our story and say “I do” in the Chateu’s secret Garden. 👨🏻‍🤝‍👨🏼

Sent on 01/08/2021

Hi Alexis!!

I cannot tell you how overwhelmingly happy we are to hear such warm words from you! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team has enjoyed every second of working with you and we are counting down the days until we get to host you and Logan's best day!! As always, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything at all. See you very soon!

Linda C. · Married on 03/20/2021

Elegant European Venue in Houston

We extensively researched multiple venues throughout Houston and outside of Houston. We had to find a venue that 1) allowed outside catering without additional charge, 2) hold capacity of at least 300, and 3) gives a feel being transported to another place without leaving too far from Houston. We visited this venue first and knew that nothing can beat it. This venue is a hidden gem tucked away in the Cypress suburbs as most of our guests and including ourselves before we did our search, had no idea this venue existed. The venue is a chateau that has a European elegance vibe with regal undertones. It is very well maintained property indoors and outdoors. This was ideal for us since we wanted outdoor ceremony and indoor reception without having to go between different locations. Great focal staircase feature when you first walk in. Also has bridal and groom suites which was also a big advantage for us getting ready there. Ample parking in front of the venue. Lot of little areas for beautiful photo opportunities. Since the venue is very much DIY type of venue (except bar and security from their list, which both were very reliable and great), you can decorate as much or as little as you want to see fit. Staff is responsive via email and text throughout the wedding process.

Sent on 04/12/2021

Hi Linda!!

Thank you so much for your incredible review! We are truly honored to have shared your special day with you and your guests. Love that we were able to provide you with everything you wanted and needed for your wedding! Can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures!

• Diana

Diana P. · Married on 02/19/2021

Great service! Beautiful venue!🤍

My wedding was unfortunately cancelled due to the winter storm in Feb, but The Springs venue was so kind to my husband and I. They walked us through the entire process, they never stopped communicating with us, never left us hanging, and answered all of our 1,000 questions without hesitation. They were so incredibly professional and again, so kind. I may not have had my wedding here after all, but I highly recommend it! Beautiful venue and beautiful people! 🤍

Sent on 04/22/2021

Hello Diana!

Thank you so much for your review! We wish we could have gotten to host your event, but are glad we were able to provide consistent support and a great experience regardless of the unusual circumstances. Cheers to a happily ever after for you and Matthew!

Amy E. · Married on 10/18/2020

Wonderful Venue

This is an amazing venue. The staff are very professional and very accommodating. The venue is well maintained and clean.

Hi Amy!
    Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to have been of great service to you! Best wishes!

Danielle S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Best venue

The most beautiful and accommodating venue in Houston!!! Hayley, the venue manager, is the most kind and helpful person!! She helped every step of the way and was there for every detail despite being in a pandemic. I would recommend this venue just BECAUSE OF Hayley. She will make sure your day is as smooth as possible with as much love as possible!! Book your wedding here!!!

Hi Danielle!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide the absolute best care for every one of our couples and are ecstatic to know that you were pleased with your experience with us. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and happy holidays!

Kimberly A. · Married on 07/17/2019

Amazing Venue

Everyone is so friendly and the venue is spectacular!!!

Sent on 12/10/2019

The Springs in Cypress's reply:

Thank you for such kind words, Kimberly! We can't wait for your special day, it is going to be beautiful!

Katherine G. · Getting married on 04/21/2022

Amazing and beautiful venue

The team is so great to work with and I loved meeting everyone. The venue is beautiful and picture perfect

Hi Katherine,
    Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are so glad you enjoyed our venue. We loved getting to work with you as well!
    Happy Holidays!

Kathy · Married on 02/13/2021

3.0

They were very helpful and responsive!

The Springs staff was always helpful and very responsive. I felt very comfortable reaching out to them every time! They made my day easy! The venue is beautiful and I would not have chosen to have my wedding anywhere else!!

Sent on 04/27/2021

Hi Kathy!

We were so honored to have hosted your beautiful wedding! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. Everything was truly amazing! We appreciate your kind words. We wish you and George a lifetime full of love, health + happinesss!

Megan Strenger
    Assistant Manager
    The Springs Event Venue - Cypress
  • Jamie

Jamie · Getting married on 11/26/2021

3.8

Great place under renovations

I went to visit this location, they are under renovations and didn’t have any pictures of the finished product so it was hard to get understanding of the full potential of this place. Still gorgeous even with the renovations going on

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • Ana

Ana S. · Married on 10/24/2020

2.6
      2.0

My fur baby had to leave

I got married here in October 2020. Where to start? Let’s start with my initial encounter with The Springs-Cypress. I toured the place September of 2019. I fell in love with the venue...even before it had been remodeled. The chateau style look, spacious outdoors area, and beautiful ballroom. I loved it. I thought about it for a week and decided that that would be the place where I was going to marry my lifetime partner. Before I signed my contract, I told the manager that my dog is a big part of our life and relationship and that we would like for him to be a part of our big day. I also informed her that I wanted to have alpacas pass out alcohol. She said no animals are technically allowed on the premises but that she would make that exception. She asked that my dog be on the leash for the ceremony and for pictures and that after he be in the kennel until the night was over. I signed the contract, and the planning process began. Flash forward to the day of my wedding. My fiancé brings our dog to the venue because he was going to be OUR RING BEARER. Literally I had told everyone about it, it was printed onto our programs and everything. I even bought him an expensive tux because I was so freaking excited to have him bring us our rings. The manager runs up to the grooms suite where my fiancé is and tells him that our dog is not allowed on the premises and if he was going to be in the ceremony he could only be there right before the ceremony and that he HAD TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY AFTER. Um, excuse me... what? Who is going to do that during a wedding? We told her that we had received permission to have him in our wedding. She later claimed that my dog was distressed because he was in the kennel...which was not true at all. He was just Uber excited and wanted to be with his owners. She ended up telling us that she was going to allow the dog to stay but that it had to be supervised at all times and couldn’t just be left in the kennel. Since I didn’t have anyone to babysit him in the kennel all night I ended up having to take him home. She literally ruined the most important and sentimental day of our lives. I will no longer have pictures of our dog in his tux, I can no longer say he was our ring bearer.

Besides the dog incident, the bridal suite needed some serious attention. The furniture had stains on it. The curtains had red stuff on them. My photographer was appalled because she tried to get a photo of me looking out the window and actually thought it was blood on the curtain.

Also- when I tried to schedule appointments to go visit the venue for planning purposes they told me I couldn’t because of events going on that day. Fine. I understand. But the day of my wedding- they were giving TOURS to people that were interested. The groomsmen had no privacy... they were brought to the groom suite to check it out.

Bottom line is- too expensive for what it is. Management needs to get it together and be one United front. And they need to remember that “THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.”

• Crystal

Crystal N. · Getting married on 02/26/2022

1.8
      1.0

Find another venue that's family owned.

The Springs doesn't actually care about you and your event. At the very least, negotiate your contract or get wedding insurance. You’ll need it with The Springs.

We were supposed to have our wedding here in February 2021.
    Planning from out of state is hard, but the _original_ management team worked really hard with me to iron out details.

1. Since we and 75% of our guests are from out of state and with the pandemic going on, we asked to postpone our wedding with 4-5 months notice. We offered to:
    - reschedule with a fee
    - postpone to a new date and pay for the 2nd date at some discount
    - resell the original date to another couple
    - _donate the original date to a charity event_
    The Springs declined all of the above.

2. My fiance got COVID just before the wedding, and we could no longer fly out. Corporate "kindly" offered to reschedule our wedding to "any remaining date in the next 2 months." Talk about a logistics nightmare for you, your vendors, and your guests.

_Eventually_, they offered any remaining 2021 date. The venue is popular and Saturdays are basically all booked up. RIP our dream wedding where our families can actually make it.

3. Between September of 2019 and December 2020, the ENTIRE management at the Cypress location had changed out. We don’t know any of them. They don’t know us. It just seems like bad business practice to have such drastic turn over.

Sent on 06/04/2021

Hello Crystal,

Thank you for your feedback. We take every review very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to leave your honest opinion. We are so sorry for the difficult year you and your fiancé faced in 2020. We know it was not easy to plan from out of state on top of the global pandemic that ravaged the world.

We are sorry we could not come to an agreement. We offered you many different solutions but you and your fiancé chose to cancel your event. We were more than happy to help but you ultimately made the decision that was the best for the two of you. Again, we are sorry we could not host your event.

As far as management changes at Cypress, we have had the same GM and AM since May 2020. We’re sorry if you were not able to connect with our team but again, planning from out of state presents many challenges. We wish you and your fiancé the best and know you have a bright future ahead.

The Springs in Cypress

Nicole M. · Married on 04/25/2020

1.0

Money grabbers and horrible communicators

The only nice thing I have to say is The venue is gorgeous. Our wedding was originally a Saturday in April. This was by far the worst vendor during our whole covid wedding ordeal. They wouldn’t let us cancel but gave us minimal options. A Sunday wedding in July would have normally been $3k cheaper but did we see that no. It was also apparent that there was no wedding the Saturday before, so we just weren’t given the options that we should have been given. They said they couldn’t communicate over the phone so we were forced to only email. Imagine trying to figure out details over email. Then the night before the wedding they said we would have to wear masks. The chair guy complained to me, the bride, because it was hot outside and asked why I wouldn’t have my ceremony inside. I told him because he wouldn’t reset the chairs. And his reply was well it’s not that hard for each guest to grab a chair.

The Springs in Cypress's reply:

Hello Nicole - We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We take all of our client’s reviews to heart. We are sorry to hear your wedding experience was not ideal. We know planning during COVID can be a stressful and unenjoyable experience and we are so sorry you had to go through that. We did everything we could to work with clients and offer them date transfers. You were offered a complimentary transfer and given a new date. We’re sorry if this transfer option was not to your liking. We did have a wedding the Friday and Saturday before yours, so that is why those dates were not offered to you. We apologize for the confusion. It is a testament to our cleaning crew that you did not notice the previous event. We apologize if you feel there was lack of communication during some of your planning. We unfortunately had to temporarily furlough the majority of our staff at the beginning of the pandemic and that could have contributed to the less than stellar communication. We apologize. Once we were up and running again, our general manager spoke directly with your mother for weeks leading up to your new date. Mask orders were established by the judge of Harris County but not enforced for private events such as yours. And our contract clearly states that we set your ceremony and reception space one time and any additional room flips would be your responsibility. Again, we are sorry if you felt your wedding was not ideal and clouded with some confusion. We try to be completely transparent with all our couples and hate that you felt let down by the experience. We will take your words to heart and learn from this experience. We wish you and your husband the best and are thankful that you chose us as the starting point for your lasting relationship.
    All the best,