Chateau La Mer Reviews

Chateau La Mer 6
Chateau La Mer 7

Rabeel · Getting married on 08/16/2019

August Wedding

Looking forward to my wedding here on August 16, 2019. Sam is my point of contact, he’s very responsive and helpful.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/20/2018

First off, thankyou chateau la mer team♡ I am so grateful to have chosen you as my forever memory. I will always remember my wedding night. They were so great at managing everyone's time and place. They made sure rob and I had everything we needed. I was the only wedding of the day and when my plans fell through with getting ready in my hotel, chateau took me in with open arms for my big day
    They allowed me and my bridal suite to get ready there at 11am when my wedding wasn't until 5pm. Rob and I are so happy that it went so well. I thought I was going to be stressed and chateau took that all away from me. Thankyou thankyou for your hardworking!!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Wedding - Great Service!

The personnel at Chateau La Mer were helpful and responsive from day one. Our point of contact was Bill and he was there to answer any questions we had and ensured that everything ran smoothly. He went over every detail with us ahead of time so there were no surprises the day of. On the wedding day, the entire staff made sure that everything ran on time and according to schedule. The bridal attendant and bridal assistant were there with us the entire time, making sure that we had everything we needed. Golda was extremely helpful, from holding up my dress and helping me walk down the stairs to handing me drinks on the dance floor! The staff made sure that I saw the reception room setup when I arrived to ensure that the decorations were set up correctly. Every detail was perfect. The food was very good. The only thing I would say is for the sit-down meal, to make sure you tell the waiters specifically if anyone has food allergies, even if you write it ahead of time. The bartender was fast and accommodating. We had special bride and groom drinks that we came up with and he sought me out to make sure that he got it just right and adjusted it to be perfect. We had a Saturday morning to afternoon wedding and the pricing was very reasonable. The place itself is absolutely gorgeous and makes for beautiful wedding photos. Overall, I highly recommend this venue! Weddings can be very stressful to plan and having a good venue that is responsive, accommodating, and detail-oriented (and timely!) is just one less thing to worry about!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Chateau La Mer 12
    Chateau La Mer 13
    Chateau La Mer 14

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2017

I am so happy with how my wedding came out with Chateau. Very accomodating. I would just suggest bigger glasses for the bride and groom. At least for water.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Nahomie · Married on 09/10/2017

Everything was to the perfection. The day of my wedding, the Maitre D and her her assistant made sure that my day was perfect. I have absolutely no complaint. Bill was very good. Very accommodating. He worked with my busy schedule. My guest enjoyed themselves and were very pleased with the service received at chateau la mer. Thank you again for everything. Highly recommend this place to any future couple.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/22/2017

Our wedding was beyond what we could have ever imagined. Lou, Alex, and Laura went above and beyond to make our day extra special. We did not have to do a thing on our wedding day because we were in such great hands. We can't thank them enough for what they did for us. They have excellent packages, so it made the planning process even easier. If you are having a large wedding, we definitely recommend Chateau la Mer!

Sent on 08/05/2017
  • Sheila580

Sheila · Married on 09/24/2016

I have booked at Chateau La Mer and am sooo looking forward to having an AMAZING wedding there! It was absolutely love at first sight. All my questions and concerns were responded to. I was so happy to meet Derek, he is wonderful and extremely responsive. When we were having a misunderstanding with a recommended vendor he immediately responded to our phone calls and within 48 hours the issue was resolved and confirmed by email. I feel so comforted knowing this major item is not an issue. Now as for the tasting...OMG the food was delish! 308 days and counting!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2016

I had my wedding at Chateau La Mer in August 2016. It was the best night of my life. Chateau La Mer played a wonderful part of our night. I have so many great things to say about the venue! The view was beautiful. It was great for pictures. The boat entrance was incredible. Chateau did a great job at letting our guests know about the boat entrance. There were so many people outside to greet us even on a hot night. The boat was also a nice moment for my husband and I to have a few quiet minutes together. The cocktail hour was full of delicious food, and there was a ton of it! There was so much food we were already full before dinner. Then we went into the Atrium room. It was beautiful and set up exactly how I imagined it. The food at the reception was also great. We were full, but wanted to keep eating! Luckily we got a box to go. It was nice to have the next day! Laura was our bridal attendant and she was amazing. She was so kind, and took care of so many things for us. Our drinks were constantly full. Monica was the maître d, and she was also amazing. She made sure everything ran smoothly. We also worked with Lou as our banquet manager. He made sure we were taken care of and had everything we needed and asked for. I would highly recommend Chateau La Mer for a wedding or party. We had a great time, and everything worked out so well. We were happy and our guests seemed happy. We are so thankful for the memories!!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Angela · Married on 08/12/2016

My fiance and I had our engagement party at Chateau La Mer and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. I made my own centerpieces and favors using ideas I found on Pinterest. Lou let us drop everything off in advance so we wouldn't feel overwhelmed the night of the party. I also ordered custom table signs and business cards with our hashtag. On the night of the party, I arrived early to set up everything I had brought. To my surprise, the staff had already set everything up perfectly! The room looked beautiful! Their Christmas decorations served as a great backdrop for our photos. Tino was our maitre d and he was fantastic! He was so helpful throughout the night and overall just a great guy! I highly recommend requesting him if you are planning a party there.

On the night of the party, the bridal suite was filled with food and drinks, even though we were just having an engagement party. As our guests arrived, they were greeted with candy cane martinis. I have been to so many parties where it is obvious that the liquor is not top shelf. This was not the case at Chateau. I watched the bartenders take seals off of top shelf liquor bottles throughout the night. The bartenders worked hard and were extremely accommodating. They had no problem making all kinds of fun shots. Prior to the party, I met with Lou to select our menu. I asked him for advice about what he felt the best options were. I'm glad I did this because our guests raved about the food! Most importantly, the service was fantastic. The servers really kept an eye out for half filled drinks. They brought refills right to the dance floor for so many of our guests.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our experience. The food and drinks were great, the staff was hardworking and friendly, and the place was beautiful. Everyone had a great time! People keep telling us it was one of the most fun parties they've ever attended. Thank you, Chateau La Mer!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Kristina · Married on 07/24/2016

They catered to our specific requests, their food was DELICIOUS, service was excellent! Our maitre'd Monika and our bridal attendant Agnes were so sweet! Our banquet manager, Derek, was so fantastic and worked well with our requests and responded to all our questions. At the end of the night, all the items we dropped off were already packed and ready to be put in our cars!

The site was beautiful, everyone had wonderful things to say! We shopped around a little for a reception site that would fit the number of guests we had, while remaining intimate and had a lovely backdrop for a fair price. Chateau La Mer was the perfect fit!

We were informed there was a Sweet Sixteen happening upstairs at the same time as our wedding reception, but WE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE!

We had a wonderful experience with planning and celebrating the day of! THANK YOU DEREK, MONIKA, and AGNES!

Sent on 07/27/2016

ava · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I had our wedding here on 6/18/16 and it was the best day of our lives!! From start to finish everything was PERFECT!!! people are still calling & texting us saying how amazing our wedding was! Even though I didn't get to eat much as I hoped to the food was spectacular! My guests ranted and raved about how delicious everything was. The spread during cocktail hour was insane! Everything was set up beautifully and the day flowed perfectly thanks to my banquet managers Lou & Derek, matre D Monika and my bridal attendent Agnes!!!! Monika and Agnes went above and beyond to make sure our day went as smooth as possible! Between bustling my dress, to making sure I had everything I needed, and even bringing me food and drinks when I needed it! They were truly amazing and so on top of everything! I would have to rate this place a Perfect 10!! Oh! And Coming in on a boat and making a grand entrance to our cocktail hour was absolutely amazing too!! Everyone thought it was so cool & the boat ride was nice and relaxing! Every time We think about our wedding there's a huge smile on our faces and we have Chateau la Mer to thank for it!!! If you are thinking about having your wedding here, go for it!! You will not regret it!!!! Thanks again to everyone at Chateau la Mer who made our day unforgettable!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2015

Everything for our wedding went so smooth. We had a great time Derick and Lou are awesome! They accommodated our every need and made us so comfortable during the change of ownership. All of our guests raved about the food which was delicious and said they had a wonderful time.

Sent on 10/20/2015

We had our wedding here last week and all I can say is wow. They did such an amazing job with everything. They made sure everything was perfect. And it sure was!!! Wish we can do it again

Sent on 10/03/2015

Alex · Married on 09/05/2015

Having our wedding at Chateau La Mer was probably one of the easiest choices that we had to make. We are incredibly happy that we chose to go with them. They are everything and more in terms of what we wanted from our wedding venue. We initially dealt with Lou who is absolutely a joy to deal with. He gave us the tour of the place and explained all the available options. Derik was also helpful and incredibly friendly. They are incredibly easy and flexible to deal with. Extremely communicative, not one phone call or email went unanswered. The venue is also a good value, you get a lot more for the money than you do at other places. Let's start with location.... it's gorgeous. The ceremony took place outside with the sunset in the background. We entered the cocktail hour by yacht. It felt like we were in a fairy tale. The Maitre'D and bridal attendant were incredibly helpful and attentive. Everything went off without a hitch, like clockwork. The food was amazing and consistent with what we tried at the tasting. Their fillet mignon is comparable to what you would have at a high end steakhouse. Drinks were consistently refilled and flowing. Waiters were incredibly professional and attentive. The venue is also equipped with a bridal sweet which is a convenient place to keep spare clothing or items that you no longer need in the dining room (i.e. Gifts, etc). Overall, could not ask for one thing to be different about Chateau. It was truly the best night of our lives.

Sent on 10/06/2015

My son and his beautiful wife were recently married at Chateau La Mer. They had an outdoor ceremony that was just perfect. Then, the bride and groom left on a boat only to make a grand dockside entrance. The new uplighting in the room was a nice added touch. The food was incredible and so much of it! For dessert we had the flaming apple pie that our guests are still raving about! The staff was professional and attentive to the needs of each guest.

Sent on 11/11/2015

We loved our weedding at chateau la mer.The people very profecional.We had an amazing time.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2015

Gorgeous venue, delicious food, amazing service, and even better value. our cocktail hour was absolutely amazing with the jewels of the sea addition. our 4 tier wedding cake was included in the price and looked amazing and tasted delicious. we made our grand entrance on the yacht while our guests welcomed us from the deck. top shelf open bar. great bartenders and waitstaff. Monika our maitre d and Agnes my bridal attendant were absolutely amazing and sooooo helpful. at one point my dress ripped from the strings to tie the bustle. I had no idea, and Agnes got down on the ground and acted like she was bustling my dress and meanwhile she was using huge safety pins to pin the bottom of my dress up without me having any clue it had even ripped. Highly recommend this venue for any affair.

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • Eboni

Eboni · Married on 05/17/2015

My wedding was amazing. Nothing short of perfection. Everyone at Chateau la mer helped to make my day turn out even better than i imagined. We worked with Tino as our banquet manager. He always answered all my questions and was very easy to work with. My maitre d and bridal attendant were wonderful. they made sure that anything we needed was available to us. We were lucky enough to have great weather on our wedding day so our ceremony was outside. It was breath taking. The boat ride during cocktail hour was a wow factor. Our guest loved the food as well. Not one complaint about them.

Sent on 06/01/2015

michelle · Married on 11/01/2014

We were the third family wedding at Chateau La Mer and they did not disappoint. They accommodated all of our requests right down to the hot apple cider and pumpkin ale with a sugar rim. Lou, Rob and JIm were magnificent in making sure our day went as smooth as possible. The food was amazing and the service impeccable. My guests continue to talk about how great the food was and how many selections they had to choose from in cocktail hour.

Sent on 12/05/2014

elyse · Married on 10/25/2014

I don't have a single negative word to say about this venue or the staff!! Every single aspect was perfect, the staff made planning so easy and were so accommodating, there was no hidden clauses, super upfront about everything, the food was to die for! The staff was so accommodating from the beginning planning phases to drop off the week of and right down to our wedding. My bridal attendant was their before I even knew I needed her every time and the Maitre D made sure every single detail, for this super picky bride, was perfect!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2014

I think I always knew I was going to get married at CLM! I use to tell people when my husband and I first started dating, that we would get married there! We worked with Lou the majority of the time as he was a BM. Lou was great to work with. He answered all of our questions, really made sure we were in good hands!

The night of the wedding we at Tino as the MD. Tino was great. Super attentive to me and husband, and made sure we always had what we wanted. My BA was great!

Everyone is STILL talking about how great of a wedding it was - from the food to the service!

Sent on 11/18/2014

jennifer · Married on 08/31/2014

Everything was wonderful. The food, the staff, the location, everything. Lou was so helpful and he was always available. They made sure I had nothing to worry about and everything went according to plan. We had no complaints, we loved every minute of our wedding.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/30/2014

Chateau LA Mer is affordable, beautiful and professional for any event whether you are getting married, having a sweet 16 or whatever your occasion is. Our banquet manager Robert took excellent care of us from the time we decided to schedule our event to taking pictures of us at the very end of our night. Our bridal attendant Agnes was awesome and very mindful of our needs. Our guests loved the food, the ambiance and the staff. I would highly recommend anyone getting married to have their wedding here.

Kris and Nicole Muller

Sent on 09/09/2014

Linda · Married on 07/27/2014

Rob was by far the most amazing person to have as my banquet manager. I worked in this business for a few years so I know how much work goes into everything, I also was part of many weddings. Rob made our wedding run so smooth I didn't even have to worry about anything. Between not knowing if the grooms mother was going to make it from out of the country until a few days before the wedding, all the way to making sure each and every guest was getting the best service possible he made sure I was not stressed or worrying about anything. The night went by so fast but it was so amazing. People are still talking about the food (quality and quantity) and how gorgeous the place was.
    Rob and his staff are not the type that are going to try to rip you off, they are straight forward and to the point. They will not hit you with hidden fees, when they quote you a per person amount, that is the amount no extra fees added at the end.
    Rob was very patient with me and not the pushy salesman type that I ran into with most of the banquet halls I looked at. He made me feel comfortable and not rushed (which is what I need). I was able to look at a few other venues and nothing compared to Chateau La Mer.
    If I could do it all over again I would and I would not change a thing!

Truly and honestly the best place to get married and make sure you ask for Rob!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Christine · Married on 06/29/2014

Chateau La Mer is a phenomenal catering hall sitting on the great south bay in Lindenhurst Long Island! Absolutely breathtaking views of the water and Fire Island in the distance. Bride and Groom arrive to cocktail hour on a boat! Rob was our banquet manager and Maitre D. Wonderful! He made sure we were taken care of and never hadf an empty glass! Our bridal attendant was Mya. She was fabulous! Whenever I needed something, Mya was right on top of it taking care of it! She thought of things that I didnt even know I needed! Our guests are still calling to let us know that the food was AMAZING!!! I would recommend this hall again and again! I cannot wait to attend another party at Chateau La Mer!
    Christine and Anthony