Chateau Bellevue Reviews

33 | Austin, TX

33 Reviews for Chateau Bellevue

33 Chateau Bellevue Reviews

Jak · Married on 04/26/2018

I hosted my wedding reception at Chateau Bellevue 10 years ago (2008). It was a truly extraordinary experience from start to finish. The property is stunning, the staff professional, food was delicious, and the location is perfect.

Fast forward to 2018. I wanted to do something special for our 10 year anniversary. I contacted Caitlin who helped me plan something wonderful to surprise my wife.

A decade later the Chateau Bellevue Austin Woman's Club continues to impress me.

Thank you Caitlin, Mandy, and Chateau Bellevue for your help!

Chateau Bellevue 1

Allie · Married on 11/11/2017

We got married at Chateau Bellevue in the romantic courtyard under the magnolia tree. Our ceremony was very intimate in the courtyard and we felt so connected to our guests. Following the ceremony, the upper lawn is the perfect place for guests to mingle during cocktail hour. If you have already toured this place, you know it is absolutely dreamy and I am sure you can imagine yourself as a princess in your own fairytale.

Beyond the charm and naturally romantic ambiance that embodies this gorgeous late 19th century chateau in historic downtown Austin, the staff that comes with it is equally as wonderful. While it may give you hesitation at first to not be able to select your caterer, do not worry! Both ourselves and the guests were gushing about the food! The head chef, Jeff, allowed us to customize our menu to exactly what we wanted, which was spiked with fall flavors. We even got to do a french fry bar during cocktail hour and I must say, they were some of the best fries of all time - and I am a fry aficionado! Aside from the food, the overall planning process with Mandy was so easy! She is super friendly and helpful and never made me feel like I was pestering her with the millions of questions I asked.

Last, and important to note, are two things: 1. We live in Houston and most of my family and friends live on the east coast, so it was a destination wedding. Chateau Bellevue is located centrally and is nice for those getting their first taste of Austin to be able to explore and have hotels so close by. 2. I avidly researched upwards of 25 venues in and around Austin. Chateau Bellevue hits every mark - it is reasonably priced versus comparable venues such as Allen House and Barr Mansion as well as venues further out like Camp Lucy and the Winfield Inn. However, you don’t sacrifice having a stunning wedding here!

I would wholeheartedly recommend CB to any prospective brides with confidence, and am so happy with the choice we made for our special day!

Jenny · Married on 10/21/2017

Having my wedding at Chateau Bellevue was a DREAM. The location is perfect (in downtown, but you wouldn't know it just looking around. It looks so elegant, and you can't even see the more modern buildings around from the ceremony area!)

Mandy was the one we were in contact with, and she was always prompt with her responses, and more than accommodating. I had multiple instances where I had to change things after confirming it prior (such as an appointment to view the venue, then had to change the date a week later) and she was always understanding. The rest of the staff were very helpful and the price for this venue is fantastic.

The food was spectacular. I still dream about their potatoes and crab cakes. We also had the beef tenderloin and it was cooked to perfection. My guests were all very impressed with the food and the venue, and the pictures turned out so well! I wanted to get married in a location with a little history and elegance and this venue was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Chateau Bellevue 2
    Chateau Bellevue 3
    Chateau Bellevue 4
    Chateau Bellevue 5
    Chateau Bellevue 6

Tamara · Married on 05/21/2016

I toured the venue for our May 2016 wedding and fell in love. Jeff, the Manager/Executive Chef, was very friendly and although I know they were very busy setting up for a wedding that day, he took the time to show me around the venue and explain all the beautiful history and architectural features of the building. He was really helpful, friendly, and you can really tell that he loves this special and unique venue. Thank you.

Julie · Married on 05/07/2016

This is a great location especially if you have never planned a major party before, Mandy the event manager was very helpful in guiding us through the process and putting us in touch with really good vendors, plus the food is fantastic and the bartenders took the recipes we gave them and made up some great cocktails that our guests love. Plus the venue itself is a really beautiful piece of old Austin that is very close to downtown.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Chateau Bellevue's reply:

Thank you so much Julie! We really enjoyed having you guys here!!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

Chateau Bellevue came up on my planning radar because of its location. We wanted a downtown venue for about 100 guests that had space for an indoor reception, and the free parking was an added bonus. We scheduled a tour with Mandy, and knew we were in good hands. Mandy was helpful and quick to respond--she even recommended our officiant when we were chatting with her about planning progress during our food tasting.
    Speaking of food, yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. After tasting Jeff's delicious creations, I immediately contacted my planner to make sure she knew it was a priority to box up a meal to be sent to our hotel after the wedding. Our guests were wild about the buffet we served (apps--chicken salad sandwiches, risotto balls, sides-green beans, potato gratin, entrees--herb-crusted beer, pecan chicken), and my first post-reception action included eating potato gratin (from both of the boxes my planner sent with us--sorry husband).
    On our wedding day, we knew we had a stream of storms heading our direction, and CB staff was so perfect with their weather radar apps to determine if an outdoor ceremony was possible--they knew exactly how much of a window we needed to put out chairs, seat guests, and get through our 18-20 minutes ceremony without soaking everyone. With a 7 minutes delay, we hit the window they calculated perfectly, got married under the sweet magnolia, and even had most of the cocktail hour on the lawn before CB staff gave us the 7 minute storm warning to get inside. 8 minutes later we were enjoying the torrential storm from our comfortable ballroom.
    Additional notes:
    -use the 2 hours of free bridal portraits
    -upgrade to the Chivari chairs even if it hurts (they're really pretty).
    -Invite us to your wedding. I need more potato gratin and risotto balls.

Chateau Bellevue was the perfect setting for our wedding. We'd do it all over without any changes.

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

Chateau Bellevue was the perfect place for my wedding, I knew it the first time I stepped foot on the property. It was so beautiful and unique. The staff were also AMAZING to work with. We got so many compliments on the venue, but also the food. The food was great! I would recommend this venue to ANYONE looking to get married in Austin.

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2014

I couldn't of asked for a better venue. The place is beautiful and historic, which makes for wonderful photos. Best of all the food is all made in house and was fantastic. We had numerous guests say that it was the best wedding food that they ever had, and I had to agree. I never expect much from catered food but they did a great job with it. Also, Mandy, the events coordinator was great to work with. She was very responsive with email in answering all my questions.

Nick · Married on 03/02/2014

Chateau Bellevue hosted our wedding ceremony and reception in early March of 2014. We were extremely happy with the pre-wedding communication, flexibility, helpfulness, and knowledge of Mandy, the events coordinator, and Jeff, the head Chef. Although our ceremony was supposed to be held outside in their lovely courtyard, Texas weather kicked in the morning of, the temperature dropped 30 degrees and it started raining in a matter of hours. Mandy and her team moved the ceremony inside, rearranged everything, and the whole night was flawless (the guests never knew it was to be held outdoors). Let me tell you about the food... the appetizers are delicious and the dinner was remarkable. I am a foodie, I grew up helping my mother cater weddings, and I cook the dinners at home, so I appreciate a great meal, and even more a great meal served plated with a variety of food choices, and all allergies accommodated. Jeff, the head Chef, and his team are skilled, hard working, and friendly as heck.
    The historic beauty of the venue, 80 parking spots for your guests, the proximity to some great after party bars, the quality of food and service, and the reasonable fees make Chateau Bellevue an immense value. Our guests had an amazing time and my bride and I are greatful to the staff at Chateau Bellevue for making it all happen.

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2013

The Chateau Bellevue is gorgeous and the staff are excellent. We began planning during the turnover and Mandy was immediately there to answer any questions. She is fantastic! She worked with us on our budget and found prices/packages that fit. The weather in November turned out perfect and we were able to have our ceremony in the romantic Courtyard. The reception was located in the Chateau Ballroom with more than enough room for our guests, 10 piece band and a huge dance floor. The decor is stunning. We used both their banquet chairs and table cloths. With the perfect lighting you can really get the chairs to match any color pallet beautifully. The food at the reception was a highlight. I've never heard such high praises for not only "wedding food" but dinner in general. We had passed hors d'oeuvres with a buffet dinner. Jeff and his team are unbelievable and every guests ask that we give complements to the Chef! Chateau Bellevue is quite simply perfect. Oh, and did I mention you receive 80 parking spaces for your guests? Downtown. Complimentary. Your guests will thank you!

Abby · Married on 09/14/2013

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Chateau Bellevue. Mandy was such a pleasure to work with and was able to accommodate special requests. Everyone at my wedding raved about the food and said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. It is a beautiful venue with classic charm in a great location. I would highly recommend this venue overall.

We used Chateau Bellevue as our reception site and were so, so happy we did! The food was absolutely delicious, the location was perfect, lots of characters, warm and romantic, wonderful staff and its byob! It really was everything we wanted! Mandy, the events manager, was so sweet and so great to work with too! She was super responsive to any and all questions via phone or email.

On the day of everything went very smoothly, and all of the staff did a fantastic job of serving and accommodating all of our guests. Everyone was so impressed! Mandy even brought us plates of appetizers and dinner so we could be sure to enjoy all the delicious food! We could not be happier with our reception choice!!

• Erica

Erica · Married on 04/26/2013

An absolutely beautiful venue and, hands down, the best wedding food I've EVER had! Stacy was so helpful and kind and all of my guests were thoroughly impressed.

Louis · Married on 03/16/2013

We loved having our wedding at the Chateau Bellevue. The place was beautiful. The staff (everyone loved the bartender), especially Stacey, was very helpful and quick to respond to every request. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting the food - it was amazing. Two things disappointed us, though - the parking was poorly managed. SXSW attendees parked at the Chateau and created a hassle for our guests and wedding party. Also, the lack of extra electrical sockets meant that the magnolia tree where we got married was not lit up. It made for some pretty dark pictures. We would highly recommend the Chateau to everyone - beautiful venue, excellent location, great staff, and spectacular food. We applaud the great job they did.

Kelly · Married on 09/22/2012

Our wedding here was everything I dreamed of! The best value in downtown Austin, if not the whole city. Stacy is just wonderful to work with and Jeff, the chef, is highly skilled. We had crab cakes and prime rib for our dinner and everyone raved! Don't be fooled, the prices are very competitive! You can bring in your own alcohol as well, which saved us a pretty penny. The venue is breathtaking. We took photos here before our ceremony and they are stunning (The Mill Photography.) the courtyard is beautiful at night and we opened the doors to make for an airy night. We added up lighting, thanks to Stacy's recommendation, and it really added a romantic and modern twist to the historic sight. I can't say enough how much we enjoyed the night. If you don't consider Chateau Bellevue for your special night, you're really missing out! This place is quietly hid downtown and many people told us "we have parked here before and never even noticed the mansion", which is kind of funny. I guarantee this place will become a "hot" venue and will become difficult to book in the upcoming months! We used Jackie at Pearl Events as a day of coordinator. She and Stacy have impeccable communication and I didnt notice if anything went wrong... If it did i still dont know about it! Thank you Chateau Bellevue for making our night so beautiful!

Salena · Married on 07/15/2012

Our first initial visit with Stacey was very professional. She worked around our schedule to meet with us for the food tasting and this was done 3 weeks prior to her wedding. We only have one child and wanted to have a special place to make memories. He got married in Cali, had a beautiful wedding and reception and then off to their honeymoon from Cali. So after their honeymoon we wanted to have him a reception here in Texas. Well, the Chateau Bellevue was the perfect if not the most amazing place to have a special party! It is breath taking with a historical setting. We had finger foods and it was absolutely great! Our guest would come up to us and pay us a compliment and this went on for about a month after the event. Stacey is a newlywed and knows exactly what brides want! Thank you Stacey and God Bless you and your husband

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2012

Chateau Bellevue exceeded my expectations in every way! My wedding reception went so well and I got so many compliments from my guests. They LOVED the food. Chef Jeff Christenson is a very experienced and high quality chef, and the steak stuffed with gouda cheese and mushrooms was such a big hit! I am going to try to recreate this at home! The potatoes and salad were also awesome and got compliments.

The staff did a great job clearing dishes throughout the reception, which is very important to me. The bartender must have been good because my guests always had drinks in hand! Oh and you can supply your own alcohol which is a big money saver! The staff was just great. Stacy, the events manager, did a wonderful job planning with me then executing everything we discussed and then some. She really went above and beyond her job and I am so thankful for her.

The venue itself is so lovely. It is historic and beautiful, and the size was great for my 150 person wedding. Everyone had a seat and the atmosphere was great. There was room for dancing as well. I think it would also be great for a smaller wedding, or possibly even a larger wedding if your food didn't require people to sit to eat. The location is great for your guests to walk to the West 6th Street nightlife. And I must say the value is really good if you want to have a downtown reception. I don't think you can beat the pricing.

Overall, this place is wonderful and you should definitely check it out! You can have a beautiful, classy, downtown wedding with excellent service and food for a great value than anywhere else. Best wishes to you!

Kami · Married on 10/15/2011

The team at Chateau Bellevue were fantastic! The venue was beautiful, the food was fantastic and they were extremely flexible with any request we had (big or small)!

Lana · Married on 06/19/2011

Working with Amber was a pleasure. The chef here is wonderful!!! The food was great, the venue was beautiful. Overall a perfect day.

• User4419565 · 2+ years ago

After being shocked by the cost of other venues, we were ecstatic to find such a true Austin gem. Chateau Bellevue is absolutely gorgeous, a piece of Austin history and a practical downtown venue (with parking!). Mandy, Jeff, and the rest of the staff did an amazing job throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Everything was exactly the way I had envisioned it, and everything ran extremely smooth. Our guests raved about all of the food, and many said it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. I highly recommend Chateau Bellevue for a venue both on looks and service.

We loved Chateau Bellevue for our wedding. The stone work outside and wood work inside make for great photos, and the entire building is a beautiful setting for a wedding. All of our guests expressed how impressed they were with it. With separate spaces for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, it's easy to transition, and there is on-site staff to do the setup and changes. They provide everything from tables and chairs to linens to dishware at an unbelievably reasonable rental cost. Mandy and the staff were accommodating to all of our requests, and everyone was helpful and knowledgeable about all things related to the place and area. It was also really nice to have an on-site coordinator. My only complaint is the cost of the food, although it was excellent, and everything that came with the rental saved on costs we would have spent to rent them, so that made up for much of the cost of food.

Arianna · Married on 03/29/2014

I was thrilled with the way everything turned out at my wedding at Chateau Bellevue. The staff was helpful, and Mandy always responded to my emails leading up to the date quickly and professionally. Also, when there was a turnover in the events manager position (Stacy was equally helpful and responsive prior to Mandy!) I didn't even see a bump in their service. It was super smooth! They were great at being flexible with my requests (lavender toss, easel for my chalkboard menu, ladder to hang glass globes in the tree, special request cheeses for the cheese table, having to do a tasting on a holiday weekend because we are from out of town). The space is really beautiful, and flows so easily from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. It's a beautiful backdrop for photos. All of my guests raved about the food. I even got to eat some of it myself since they allowed us to do private dining upstairs! And they definitely took our requests on food preparation (rare salmon) and applied it. The space is the most cost effective I could find in downtown Austin, and beautiful to boot. My only (tiny) complaint is that they book up so early! I called on a Wednesday in February, more than 14 months out from my date, and confirmed the availability of the date I wanted the following March. By the time we came to our tour that Saturday, the place was booked through Easter weekend! I had to wait a nail-biting 48 hours to find out if another bride didn't pay her deposit, and fortunately ended up with my date. If you want this place, you had better start early. And it's worth it!

Jason · Married on 11/01/2013

Chateau Bellevue provided a fantastic wedding experience in a beautiful old Texas mansion in downtown Austin. The head chef, Jeff, provided a superb selection of food beyond your typical wedding offerings. The ability to bring your own liquor can help keep costs down, and the staff is very flexible in helping to make your wedding as great as ours was.

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2011

My wedding reception was held at the Austin Woman's Club and it was an absolute dream. The space is so unique, from the gorgeous old Victorian home where guests enter, to the courtyard and main dining area where we danced and lived it up in celebration. Our guests raved and raved about what a beautiful setting it was, and how it seemed like something out of a movie.

When choosing a reception venue, it was important to me to find a place that had in-house catering. The last thing I wanted was to add one more vendor to the list. But I'm also a foodie, so it had to be darn good and had to match the elegance of the reception I envisioned. Well, the chef at Austin Woman's Club did our food tasting in July and it was all so good that we asked for some of it to go! On our wedding night the food was presented so beautifully, and it was all so, so delicious. Our guests raved over the food! It is priced competitively with similar venues in Austin, too.

The ladies who work at the Austin Woman's Club are kind, accommodating, and have a great attention to detail. They had a staffing change a few months after we signed our contract, and I was worried what that meant for our planning, but they handled it very smoothly. We had one minor glitch on the wedding night, and it's minor enough that I don't need to mention it, but that's the only reason I didn't give a perfect rating because overall my experience was everything I hoped for.