Chart House - Dana Point Reviews

Chart House - Dana Point 1
  • Brittani

Brittani · Married on 05/18/2019

Most amazing food & views

Our wedding is still being talked about. Breathtaking views, amazing food and great service.

Sent on 06/22/2019
    Chart House - Dana Point 2

carilly · Married on 08/19/2017

Food, views overall was an excellent wedding venue at our daughter's wedding last Saturday 08.19.2017.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/30/2017

Positively perfect!! Marisa, the banquet manager, was absolutely amazing! She made things so easy and worked around our Tiki Wedding. Being able to decorate how I wanted to made everything absolutely perfect. The food and beverages were stellar! The site is on a beautiful bluff overlooking the Pacific and the gorgeous harbor. The pricing was reasonable and I can't imagine a more glorious wedding!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Angie · Married on 06/11/2017

The Chart House was PERFECT for our wedding day. Marisa was amazing to work with! We had an initial walk-through, came back to sign the contract, and had two more meetings with her before the rehearsal dinner. She was very helpful in planning the day and had no problems meeting up with us so many times. We got so many compliments on the view. Doing a day time wedding here was so nice because we were able to have the entire venue to ourselves and everyone told us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. I couldn't have imagined my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 08/14/2017
  • Jessica424

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

This is a wonderful location that is perfect for a daytime wedding on the beach. This location has everything you need in one location. Ceremony done on site with wonderful food served by the Chart House. Marisa is a dream to work with too! Don't hesitate to check it out!

The wedding was perfect that day. Marisa kept things running very smooth and I never noticed anything go wrong or get messed up because it was seamless. The guests LOVED the view and food! Our wedding at this location set the bar high!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Sharon · Married on 08/13/2016

This review is way overdue, as my husband and I were married at the Chart House in August 2016, however we wanted to leave a review for the staff, especially Marisa, our wedding day coordinator. From the beginning of our wedding planning up until our wedding day, Marisa was extremely helpful. We live on the east coast so planning a wedding in California was a challenge, but Marisa made it so easy for us. She was so excited for us and her enthusiasm was contagious! She coordinated all of the vendors and provided us with recommendations to use, which was really helpful and we ended up using three vendors from her list. The food was fresh and delicious and the staff was professional. My husband and I highly recommend the Chart House in Dana Point for a wedding ceremony and reception as we had such a good experience. I hope Marisa is still employed at the Chart House because you will be in good hands and your wedding planning will be easier and more enjoyable.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Judy · Married on 03/26/2016

Our recent wedding at The Chart House Dana Point was everything we had hoped for and more. The restaurant has everything you need for a daytime wedding. A private setting with an outdoor area for the ceremony and a beautiful restaurant for the reception, with Dana Point Harbor and the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop. Marissa McQuillan, their sales manager, provided exceptional service both before the wedding and as the day-of-wedding coordinator. She was very accommodating, promptly responding to our questions and meeting with us to go over details so that our wedding day went smoothly. The Chart House staff was friendly, professional and provided excellent service. The food was superb with many of our guests complimenting us on how delicious it was. Thank you, Marissa and the staff at The Chart House, for a beautiful and memorable wedding.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Anita · Married on 10/13/2015

My husband and I travelled from Australia to be married at the Chart House in Dana Point. We booked the venue and organised all of the arrangement via email/skype.
    The venue was a perfect choice for us and we could not fault a single thing on the day. The view from the venue was stunning and provided a magnificent back drop for our special day. Marisa and her team were amazing in coordinating the whole event. They truly went above and beyond and nothing was too much trouble for them. From answering my 1000 emails to laying out the place cards, help was always on hand. The food was some of the best we have ever eaten and was very much enjoyed after the hectic day.
    The Chart House is the perfect wedding venue. From the view, to the food, and the staff. All of our guests are still commenting about how fabulous the venue is, how delicious the food was and how friendly and helpful the staff were.
    I have no doubt that organising a wedding from Australia would have been a dreadful task if we didn't have Marisa and the wonderful staff from the Chart house in our corner to take care of everything.

Sent on 05/07/2016

Everything about the Chart House is amazing. First, the view. The pictures speak for themselves. You can't beat it. Second, the price. Surprisingly affordable especially considering the view and the quality of the food. If you have a day wedding, you get the entire restaurant for your wedding. Third, the food. I have eaten here a few times and we just had our tasting. The quality of the food (esp. the filet) was superb. And last but not least, Marisa. She has been so responsive and organized throughout this whole process. We really appreciate how communicative she has been and just how pleasant she is to work with. We can't wait to have our wedding here.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Dana · Married on 05/23/2015

Our wedding at the Dana Point Chart House was everything we hoped for and more! Marisa was absolutely amazing; words cannot describe how wonderful and accommodating she was. We decided on the Chart House because the views of the Dana Point harbor were stunning but Marisa really went the extra mile to make our day so special. Marisa made the wedding planning so easy; all I had to do was ask and she took care of everything. The Dana Point Chart House has amazing views, delicious food (I'm still getting compliments on how wonderful the food was), and Marisa made the event successful without adding extra stress!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Janice · Married on 10/18/2014

Omg!!! If you are planning a wedding out doors. Check out the Chart House in Dana Point (I promise you will not be disappointed and it was very price reasonable). Not only is the place beautiful, but Marisa McQuillan the Catering Sales Manager is awesome! Not only did she make us feel comfortable but also she did what very few people know how to do, she listened.

Her staff is very professional they made our day better than we could have ever imagined! Marisa is on it. Anything you need she will know where to get or how to find it. Our wedding was so amazing. I can't say enough about the venue, Marisa, and her team. You go girl!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

An Absolutely Drop Dead Gorgeous Wedding Venue & Restaurant ....

This must be one of the best kept secrets in Orange County as it was FABULOUS and an incredible Price/Performer.

The first thing is that you can book the entire restaurant ALL for yourself between 11AM and 4PM. It's architecture (I understand it was designed by a student of the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright) is beautiful. The views are stunning. I would defy any location in Orange County, let alone Dana Point, to have a more incredibly beautiful setting. Among other things, what this meant for us were visual backdrops for wedding pictures that were beyond comparison: beautiful blue skies, a few puffy clouds, and a backdrop of the Dana Point Harbor, Pacific Ocean and sailboats.

It is situated on a point high above the crowds below, it is like you are in a cloud-like setting. While there is all sorts of scenery and potential activity around you, you are above it all ... really in a very private setting. The food is both exceptional and reasonably priced.

Marisa McQuillan was wonderful, essentially serving as both the Event Coordinator AND Wedding Planner. You can't buy service like she provided ... but she GIVES it to you!

This site does not allow enough room for me to properly review all of the Chart House's pluses. I put a full review on TripAdvisor. Link to it for more information as well as my pictures that, unfortunately, do not do it justice. If you can be flexible on the time of day (11AAM to 4PM) for your Wedding, you will be incredibly pleased with the Dana Point Chart House.

This is a great place for your Wedding as well as many other large, fun gatherings.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Teresa · Married on 09/28/2013

The wedding coordinator, marissa, was fabulous to work with! Chart house has a fantastic outdoor area for the ceremony as well as beautiful decor on the inside, but it's really all about the view!!! The food was outstanding! The whole wedding went so smoothly. It was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • User3220393 · 2+ years ago

We had our wedding at the Chart House restaurant and it was gorgeous!! The day was lovely and the view of the ocean and harbor was a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony and reception. Marisa, the event manager was great to work with and always answered emails in a prompt manner. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful location that offers a pretty comprehensive package. The food was delicious. We got a lot of compliments.

Sent on 04/25/2013

Joel · Married on 04/13/2013

Marissa and her staff at the Chart House were great. The view was amazing, the food was fantastic and I would highly recommend this site for your event....

Sent on 04/15/2013

Christina · Married on 03/16/2013

Marisa was AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much for a wonderful day!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Diana · Married on 09/22/2012

We had our wedding here a couple weeks ago and it was breathtaking! We booked back in January and by that time all of August was filled already. We wanted September anyway though, and since it was an unusually warm year it was plenty warm (even a little too warm, surprisingly, for the beach!) But we had bright sunny skies and a beautiful view.

The planning process was organized with Ken, who is the catering manager and coordinator. He is very experienced and knows how to run the wedding smoothly. He was prompt with email replies. The price point is very fair, especially considering the normal caliber of food. Ever since discovering this as our wedding venue, we have been a few times for happy hour and have tried every food and drink on the menu. It's all delicious! We especially loved our trial tasting when we got full sized portions of every item and took home the leftovers! The mahi mahi is scrumptious, as my guest at the wedding Bridget (Yelp elite) also agrees on.

Ken has a usual schedule he follows which is included in the wedding packet, so if you do plan on changing anything, do let him know. If you want fondant from your cake, do let the servers know as they usually pull it off. Also specify if you want smaller slices, as we did run clean out of cake.

The staff was great and very friendly but they were a little too quick in cleaning tables when people left. There was uneaten food and favors that would have been taken along if they had waited.

The size of the place lends itself better to a smaller/medium sized weddings, whereas ours was more average (125) so it was a little tight and you can only fit 116 in the main room, so we had a little spillover into the other room.

Can't beat the view of the ocean and the harbor, and in my opinion, the place is much nicer than Cannons next door. Cannons is also more expensive.

I will always treasure my wedding =)

Sent on 10/08/2012

The Chart House is gorgeous and reasonably priced. The restaurant comes with a coordinator, so it's great for people who do not have a wedding planner. He is on top of it!! If you already have a wedding planner, Ken, their coordinator works well with them as well. They have had so many weddings there and are really efficient at setting up, breaking down, cake cutting, food serving, etc. They come with everything, chairs, trellis arch if you want it (i did not), staff, guest book attendant, silverware, table cloths, napkins, everything you need! They even polish the wine glasses before your wedding for crying out loud! The food is delicious. It is NOT your typical wedding food. We did prime rib and teriyaki chicken which doesn't sound that exciting but I can assure you it was the best food I have ever tasted at a wedding. The chef there is so kind and they work well with people who have dietary restrictions, they don't charge extra or give you a hassle if you need a special meal made. The only complaint I had is that they put the cake in a spot that wasn't accessible to guests so a whole lot of our guests couldn't find it and were asking me for it! I had to track down someone (in my wedding dress...) to ask them to please get my friend a piece of cake. That's not really a huge deal, just specify ahead of time that the cake needs to be visible to all.

If I was getting married again, I'd do it here.. AGAIN! I loved it, and wish I had a reason to throw a gigantic party so I could use this service again.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Sheila · Married on 06/23/2012

My daughters wedding was perfect thanks to Ken and his staff at the Chart House. Food was excellent, venue was beautiful, service was exceptional. Thanks so much Ken!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Courtney · Married on 10/22/2011

We are so happy with our venue choice of Chart House. They were so accomodating- making suggestions on what might be enjoyed the most and also setting up for our cocktail hour outside per our request. The service was great- effortlessly helping everyone out, while never being a distraction or getting in the way. The food speaks for itself, but when combined with the location-- your guests will continue to talk about your perfect wedding months later. Ken was great to work with and always super easy to get a hold of. Overall a wonderful experience :)

Sent on 01/02/2012

Shawna · Married on 09/17/2011

If you are a bride that wants an affordable, beautiful, intimate California wedding...Chart House is it!

Seriously, I was racking my brain trying to figure out where to have a beautiful California wedding on an affordable budget. Geeze, over priced hotels with reheated food, out dated facilities, and fee after fee made me want to cry. I wanted a unique venue, nothing cheesy.

Planning a wedding is a huge task. It's basically like a part time job. I searched all over Southern California for the best value wedding venue. The Chart House had everything we wanted from a gorgeous view of the harbor and ocean to fabulous drinks with a variety of fresh food for our guests. Even the building's architecture is cool. A student of Frank Lloyd Wright designed it.

You can have your ceremony outside overlooking the Pacific Ocean and your reception inside with even a dance floor! Wow, Ken at the Chart House is a professional event/catering manager. He knows his stuff. Everything was flawless because of him! The best thing is that you rent out the entire venue in the daytime, which makes it super private. No wedding crashers here.

We even looked at Cannons next door. It can not compare. Chart House has better food, nicer facilities, its more private and more affordable. Thank you Ken and Chart House staff for a memorable wedding.

Shawna and Matt, Sept 17, 2011

Sent on 10/01/2011

Stefanie · Married on 06/25/2011

The Chart House was an ideal location for our June wedding - the view during the ceremony was AH-MAZING! Our wedding photos are stunning, the food was delicious, it was an A++ venue. It has been almost a month since I got married and I am still receiving compliments on how beautiful my wedding was and how tasty the food was. I would highly recommend having your wedding at The Chart House!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Laura · Married on 04/29/2011

Ken was so willing to work with us to make our Big Day so very special. We had an intimate wedding, and it was PERFECT!! He handled all the details and the walk-thru to make it a breeze! And gave great recommendations for other vendors... I would recommend Chart House over and over again to anyone planning ANY event - not just weddings. The decor was beautiful, the food was incredible. Loved every stress-free minute!
    On top of it all, my husband and I were in Texas and my mom and sister were handling coordination of details for us long-distance and it STILL turned out fantastic!

Sent on 11/06/2011
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/25/2010

We absolutely loved this location. It was a dream wedding and the cost was very reasonable. The view is amazing and the food was delicious. We loved the fact that you have the whole restaurant for yourself. Our guests have told us repeatedly how beautiful it was. The value for cost should really be 10 stars! Thank you!

Sent on 10/30/2010

Jaime · Married on 08/15/2010

The Chart House was such a great wedding location! I got so many compliments on what a beautiful wedding it was. Ken, the catering manager made everything go smoothly. Everything went perfectly without me having to worry about a thing. I got a lot of compliments on how it was the best food people had ever had at a wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2010