Charleston Bay Gourmet Reviews

15 | Mount Pleasant, SC

15 Reviews for Charleston Bay Gourmet

15 Charleston Bay Gourmet Reviews

Alex · Married on 05/26/2018

Charleston Bay Gourmet did an absolutely incredible job for this party. The staff was unbelievable and helped with every detail they were very friendly and very thorough made for a great evening

Ashley · Married on 03/25/2018

They did a great job catering my rehearsal dinner. Food and service were excellent. I absolutely recommend.

Emily · Married on 02/10/2018

Could not have been more pleased with our experience with Charleston Bay Gourmet. Food, service and presentation were all above and beyond what we expected. Hands down the best value for the quality.

Dana · Married on 05/03/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Grace and the great team at Charleston Bay Gourmet who catered both our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception! We wanted to have a delicious Lowcountry food at our Lowcountry wedding and CBG was the perfect choice. Not only was Grace a joy to work with and put our worries at ease, they worked great with our other vendors and coordinated a fantastic overall experience...but most importantly, the FOOD WAS TO DIE FOR!!! Thank y'all for making our day/night exactly what we wanted!

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2013

Charleston Bay Gourmet catered our reception and (weeks later) we are still getting compliments on the food! The food was delicious but that is not the only reason I am writing this review. In Charleston there are plenty of places to get good food but CBG had excellent service as well and that is what made me want to write this.
    Our reception was on an open piece of land forty-five minutes outside of Charleston. Months before the wedding, Barrett met me with my wedding coordinator so she could figure out where to put things and make sure we had the correct utilities. Barrett was very prompt to respond to emails and almost acted as a wedding planner before I actually had one! She helped me plan the rentals we would need and addressed small details that I had not even thought of! She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. We also used their bartending service but bought our alcohol wholesale; they were very easy to work with on this. Also, we had late night food set out but people were so busy dancing they didn't walk to the back to get it. At the end of the night, they made sure the boxes were packed with food and handed them out as people were leaving. They helped make a difficult reception location look like it was a breeze and it was all supposed to be exactly the way it was!
    I highly recommend Charleston Bay Gourmet due to their wonderful food as well as dedicated staff!

• W

wynne · Married on 09/22/2012

Beth, of Charleston Bay Gourmet did a fantastic, top notch job, on our recent wedding in Isle of Palms, SC. From start to finish was good communication to make everything just the way we wanted-stress free for us. Everyone commented on how great the food was. The caterers present were professional and very nice. The cost we found very reasonable. And everyone said those were by far the best fried green tomatoes ever. We did the lo country boil, and it was fabulous. highly recommend!!!!

• Corrine

Corrine · Married on 06/03/2012

Hill was AMAZING!!! He catered my rehearsal dinner, reception dinner, AND the morning after brunch. Absolutely quality service. Everyone loved the food and had absolutely no idea it was the same caterer, not until we told them. The staff were incredibly friendly, and it felt personal seeing them all throughout the weekend. Food's amazing; highly recommend.

Lisa · Married on 04/06/2012

Choosing Charleston Bay Gourmet simplified the process of entertaining for the entire weekend of our son's wedding. In addition to catering our rehearsal dinner, family who came to town for the wedding stayed through the weekend and CBG delivered delicious prepared food to us so we had no fuss, fabulous food! The entire team at CBG was so very friendly, helpful and professional. They met every timeframe (even though we constantly changed our agenda) and were very attentive to our guests. An added bonus to choosing this team is that they brought such personality to our group that we truly enjoyed having them at our party! For service, value, and local flavor this team is the best!

Pam · Married on 10/15/2011

Hill was so helpful in helping us in every way. I was 2 hrs from Charleston and trying to plan a wedding and he gave wonderful recommendations.He knew our budget and helped us stay within our limits. The food was outstanding and guest still comment on how tasteful the food was.All the staff are so professional and aim to please.they was nothing more I could ask for.

A · Married on 09/24/2011

I can’t say enough about how wonderful Charleston Bay Gourmet’s food and service was for my wedding reception. After the wedding, my mom and I heard amazing reviews of every dish served at our reception--we found them amazing, too! I don’t know of a single other caterer who leaves guests telling the bride they wanted to take the barbeque home in their pockets because it was so delicious!

The presentation of the food was beautiful, especially the gorgeous whole hog display (we chose buffet style). Working with Hill Durant and his team during the planning process was so easy and I trusted them completely to help me make decisions. In fact, Hill’s experience and expertise in my venue outranked my day-of planner by leaps and bounds. He helped me make cost-effective and intelligent decisions, both about the catering, and beyond, especially when dealing with the rental company. I appreciated both his attention to detail and his respect of my budget. I can’t imagine a more low-stress vendor to have the pleasure of working with.

Charleston Bay Gourmet also managed our bar, where we served beer, wine, and a signature cocktail. In addition to the service affordable, my guests complimented me on the fast and friendly service they received from the CBG team, and the tastiness of the Firefly cocktail!

I would 100% recommend Charleston Bay Gourmet to friends or family looking for the best caterer in the Charleston area. I can’t wait to have another excuse to work with them!

Michelle · Married on 06/19/2010

My husband and I live on a tidal creek with a beautiful marsh view. We decided to get married in our back yard with traditional Charleston cuisine. Charleston Bay Gourmet did a fabulous job from beginning to end and we received so many compliments on the quality and style of their food. We used them again for a memorial service for my mother in law and the compliments were flying again. They were so gracious to our guests and went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. I would highly recommend their food and services!!!

Melissa · Married on 12/03/2011

The only company we wanted to cater our wedding was Charleston Bay Gourmet! They provided excellent service during our reception, and definitely exceeded our expectations!

Brooke · Married on 05/28/2011

Charleston Bay Gourmet provided impeccable service and great quality food for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. I was extremely pleased with the wide variety of menu items offered and felt that Charleston Bay Gourmet went above and beyond to make my special day perfect! Hill Durant was always willing to work with me and my wedding planner, whether it was setting up a time for tasting of our featured menu items to meeting at the venue to plan the layout for our reception. I would highly recommend Charleston Bay Gourmet to any potential bride and groom looking for a one of a kind experience!

dana · Married on 05/07/2011

4.2
      3.0

My husband and I wanted our out of town guests to experience some true southern cuisine. Charleston Bay Gourmet was the perfect choice. We used them for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception. Our guests raved about our low-country offerings. We were able to work out a price that stayed within our budget, still allowing us to have the foods we enjoy and wanted our guests to enjoy. Hill and his crew were very flexible during our planning process. They met us at our venue site 2 weeks before the wedding at the last minute. We also asked to use their bartender services at the last moment, costing a very minimal fee compard to other beverage services, and they took all of our wedding day beverages and brought them to the venue the day of the wedding. They also stayed at the wedding until the end to assist with clean up.
    The only negative comment we have to make is that their response would take multiple days after emails/phone calls. Our requests would always be completed, but it was frustrating that we had to wait for a response.