Charles Riverboat Co. Reviews

5 | Cambridge, MA

5 Reviews for Charles Riverboat Co.

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2016

We got married on the Valiant on 6/4/16 & LOVED it. We definitely made the right choice. The whole staff was kind, professional, responsive and so helpful in helping us put together an amazing evening, right down to personal touches such as glasses of sparkling wine for guests as they came aboard. We did the entire ceremony and reception on the Valiant, and it provided the elegant but laid-back feeling we were looking for. The amazing weather helped! Brooke did a great job keeping everyone on track for the rehearsal and she and her team made the whole night seamless and responded to a number of our requests on the fly. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Morgan · Married on 09/12/2015

We booked the Valiant for our Rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. It exceeded our expectations - it felt like a luxury yacht and all of our guests loved it! Young and old! The staff was super friendly & the drinks and food were great!

I didn’t work with management with regards to booking & ironing out details (the groom’s parents handled that), but the guest experience was amazing! Great sunset views made for beautiful pictures!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I live in Boston and wanted to show our guests some of many reasons we love about this wonderful city. What better way than a private harbor cruise aboard the Lexington?

Emily was an absolute pleasure to work with. She met us on a frigid day in February to show us the boat and calmed my nerves about the weather and waves. In the end, we had an 80 degree day at the end of September that couldn't have been more perfect. Emily was so flexible and accommodating with everything from adding craft beer to the bar menu, extending the length of the charter, to organizing the rehearsal the day before between other charters.

The captain, crew, and servers were also wonderfully friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding on the Lexington; it was an absolutely extraordinary day. I cannot say enough good things about the Charles Riverboat Company and their part in that; I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/29/2014

For our wedding, we opted to have the ceremony and dinner at one location and then hop on board the Lexington for cake, coffee, and some dancing. This was all my husband’s idea; I was uncertain, since it was a little different, but it worked out AMAZINGLY! EVERYONE loved it. We walked over to a point near the Cambridgeside Galleria, past the low-hanging bridge and boarded for a nighttime cruise and it was great! I had some songs on a iPod that the captain put on for us, so we were able to dance. And…I GOT TO DRIVE THE BOAT. SO COOL!!!

We also had our cakes delivered there and everything worked out great. It was perfect. They set up the cakes for us so we could cut them on the lower deck. The entire crew was so helpful and kind. My family was so excited to see the Zakim Bridge from underneath. It was just great.

They are very busy so make sure you book EARLY. We worked with Melissa and she was great. This perfectly capped off an amazing night and could not have gone better.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Matthew · Married on 06/09/2017

We did our ceremony/cocktail hour on the Valiant and our reception at the Multicultural Arts Center. We saw the Valiant on our first day looking at wedding venues and nothing quite measured up after that. We loved having the first half of the wedding on the Valiant - you get beautiful views of the Boston skyline and the boat itself is the most beautiful boat you can charter in Boston at its size. The idea of the boat itself also felt very unique, special and very reflective of us/our relationship - since we really love the water/boats and wanted a nautical wedding in Boston. Melissa at Charles Riverboat Company helped organize things. She was really great: responsive, easy to work with, very nice. One of our best vendors!

Sent on 08/27/2018