Chapel at A. D. Bruce Religion Center Reviews

13 Reviews for Chapel at A. D. Bruce Religion Center

• Joyce

Joyce · Getting married on 11/10/2019

Great Experience!

The representative who assisted us was a student of U of H. She was very professional, friendly and helpful. She gave us a tour of the chapel and the facilities, answered all of our questions. We even received a complimentary gift for booking with them!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Adam · Married on 02/03/2017

The A.D. Bruce is a beautiful building located in the Center of the University of Houston Main Campus. A very bright venue. Lots of natural light. The staff was wonderful and accommodating and their rates are VERY affordable. I was married there because I am an alumni of the University, however I think it would be a great place for anyone to be married.

Sent on 02/17/2017

Bridgett · Married on 10/04/2008

Everything was lovely!

Sent on 10/25/2008

Laura · Married on 10/29/2016

The AD Bruce Religion Center was a wonderful and beautiful place for our wedding ceremony. We had the ceremony at 3pm on a Saturday, so we decided to double-book the chapel in order to assure we didn't have to rush through anything. Even with double-booking, the price was very reasonable compared to other ceremony venues around Houston and was well worth it. Months before the wedding, we ran across a few issues with our ceremony details (one of the staff was confirming details and had mixed my wedding up with another that was scheduled a week prior to mine) but they were resolved quickly once the mistake was realized. Other than that, everything went very smoothly and our guests still talk about how beautiful the chapel was, inside and out! I would highly recommend this chapel for any small to medium ceremony venue.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Holly · Married on 12/07/2013

I got married at A D Bruce and had my reception about 10 minutes up the road at Nouveau Antique Art Bar. AD Bruce was convenient to the reception site and a non-denominational chapel where our Austin-based pastor could come and officiate without too many restrictions.

AD Bruce is much more affordable and easier to rent than other big churches in the area that require membership, a large donation, or that you meet very specific guidelines. In terms of ceremony design, you are allowed to do pretty much anything you want: communion, secular music, bring in flowers or other altar elements, etc. You are restricted only on candles (only allowed unity candle) and time frame. They are very tight on the timeframe that you reserve the chapel so we rented the chapel for two back to back time slots. It was about the same price to do that as rent another church in the area and it was completely worth it to not be rushed in setting up or taking pictures after.

The guests might have a little bit of trouble finding the chapel and understanding that parking is free. Also, the chapel was in perfect condition for our wedding day but the bridal and groom suites had no heat turned on that day so someone ran out to get a little space heater so I wouldn't freeze.

The staff was very helpful and responsive the entire process. They were very friendly and wonderful to work with. The chapel itself was perfect for our wedding. It photographed BEAUTIFULLY and felt intimate and warm with our ~150 guests. We would have been swallowed up in a larger chapel and we didn't have to worry about the weather as we would have with an outdoor ceremony. I would definitely recommend the chapel to other brides.

Sent on 12/21/2013
  • W

WYNONA · Married on 07/20/2013

Love the ADBruce Religion Center. My daughter got married on July 20, 2013 and my husband and I got married 27 years ago. I just wish they would give you a little more time. You only have 2 hours start to finish, it works but more time would be appreciated, even for a little more money. Beautiful venue and great staff!!

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 03/31/2012

Ceremony was beautiful! This chapel is soooo pretty! Very good value! Only down side is that you have to be in & out in 2hrs total & that was a little difficult. Overall great venue!

Sent on 05/01/2012
  • Paola

Paola · Married on 05/02/2009

This was the site for our ceremony, and it was absolutely perfect! The Building is all white with a lot of windows, so the lighting in this place is truly amazing. The people there are incredibly nice, and they are always really quick to answer any of your questions. They are a bit picky about their timing, so you have to make sure you are out of there when your 2 hours time slot is over; that is also because they fill up pretty fast so they want to make sure they are ready for the next one: and no I didn't run into another bride or wedding before or after. :o) Price wise I thought it was a really good deal, specially if you're a student or alumni. Everyone is welcome but they just charge a little more.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Ashleigh · Married on 05/26/2007

3.0

This is an absolutely GORGEOUS chapel! Originally I was pursuing a place that looked almost exactly like this chapel, but it was going to cost around $15,000 (everything was included in that package, but still way over my budget). If you don't mind for-going the fancy bridal room and bringing in your own flowers, decorations, etc, this is such a beautiful place to get married on a tight budget. They will take good care of you. =)

Sent on 10/17/2007

Rosa · Married on 07/12/2009

4.2

It is a beautiful chapel to get married in. The people are as helpful as they can be, and although there are quite a bit of restrictions we were able to work though all of them and everything came out perfect.

Sent on 09/13/2009

Becky · Married on 05/24/2009

4.2
      3.0

The UH Chapel is great & SO SO SO beautiful. It gets booked really quickly, so go as soon as you have your date. If you're having a long ceremony I would recommend booking 2 time slots if you have the money. You won't feel as rushed to get out of there and you can have your wedding at whatever time you'd like. We booked the 4-6 timeslot and had our wedding at 5. The sun was coming in through the back window and shinning right on my husband and i at the alter. It was beautiful!! There are also 2 seperate rooms upstairs so the men can have one and the ladies can have another before the wedding. They are pretty strict about time and decorations, but our florist & other vendors knew the rules well and it wasn't a problem.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Krystal · Married on 10/23/2010

3.5

When we first chose the chapel, it was difficult because the lady we were dealing with was very by the book. The rules were the rules and don't ask her any differently. We weren't allowed to book more than a year in advance, but she told us that we could come up on 1 day of the month a year in advance to leave our deposit. I called a day ahead to let her know we were coming the next day (because we lived 3.5 hours away) so she wouldn't let anyone take our place. Well, because a girl left her an e-mail, she let her have our timeslot. LUCKILY, we had our reception hall booked about 6 months before that, and the other girl didn't, so the hall she wanted wasn't available for that day. Therefore, she had to forfeit the slot to us. That was the only issue we had working with A.D. Bruce Religion Center. Management changed not long before our wedding, which worried me, but we had absolutely no hiccups that day with anything. We were late for the rehearsal the night before (thank you Houston traffic) and the management and organist were VERY cooperative, so I was very grateful for that because they let us stay a little past our scheduled time, which I was told in the beginning was a HUGE no-no. I would definitely recommend it to future brides because it is affordable, gorgeous and makes for the most part, hassle free. Just get past all the rules and you'll have no problem at all!

Sent on 11/16/2010
  • Mrs. Montoya!!!

Renee · Married on 10/09/2011

3.8
      2.0

I had my wedding here on 10/9/11 in the Large Chapel (main chapel). It was beautiful, and really affordable esp. since I was getting married on a Sunday. My only complaint is that they have a lot of rules and are really strict about the time slot. You cant even get in early to use the dressing rooms, pictures, or drop of stuff. Besides that they are great and a great value for the money!!

Sent on 10/12/2011