Chanteclaire Farm Reviews

Chanteclaire Farm 2
Chanteclaire Farm 3
Chanteclaire Farm 4

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Get staff and wonderful venue! Still receiving compliments on how perfect and unique our wedding was! Leigh and her staff provided a stress free and fantastic day for us. We loved every second and the bonfire was the cherry on top!

Chanteclaire Farm 5
    Chanteclaire Farm 6
    Chanteclaire Farm 7

Haley · Married on 08/12/2017

Chanteclaire Farm is a dream wedding venue. Our day was absolutely perfect. I'd have my wedding there again in a heartbeat.
    I'd probably describe myself as a hands-off bride. I looked at a few similar venues, but I would have to plan everything. I didn't want to plan decorations or choose a caterer. And I didn't want to be chasing birds out of the barn rafters!
    Chanteclaire...WOW! From decorating, catering, timing, etc, the staff at Chanteclaire does it all. The barn is so beautifully decorated that I barely did anything (which is exactly what I wanted). But if you want to decorate, they have decorations from previous weddings you're welcome to use.
    The food is delicious and the variety is amazing. Cake, cookies, pie, donuts. I was a gluten free bride and they were very accommodating. Gluten free cake, yum! After years of hosting awesome weddings, they have timing down to a science. They kept our day moving smoothly. The staff is just amazing.
    This was a destination wedding for us. I've been to Deep Creek dozens of times, but we didn't know any vendors in the area. They were able to provide me with a list of people they work with and trust, so I didn't even have to think about finding other vendors.
    My guests were blown away. I had so many compliments and people had a BLAST. I've never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding, and I'm still getting compliments a few months later.
    I love Chanteclaire. I would recommend them to anyone.
    Thanks for an amazing experience, Chanteclaire team!

Chelsea · Married on 07/30/2016

I was married at Chanteclaire Farm July 30th, 2016 and it was by far the best day of my life! My girls and I stayed in the farmhouse and the guys stayed in the cabin (both available for rent on property). To be able to rent both the farmhouse and the cabin was such a stress reliever and couldn't have been more accommodating for my vendors to come in for hair/makeup. The cabin was great for the guys and had such a masculine feel.

We also held our rehearsal dinner at the farm Friday before the wedding and if I could offer one word of advice it would be to have your rehearsal there! The food is AMAZING! We had BBQ Night and everyone raved about the pies and Mac and Cheese. Leigh, the owner of Chanteclaire went through every motion of the ceremony with us before dinner. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was covered right down to how you properly hold your escorts arm. I felt confident my ceremony would be organized and smooth. Zero worries... Zero work on my end... All I had to do was show up in my white dress!

Our wedding day was very rainy, the kind of rain that pounds on the roof ....so you can't ignore it..... I truly believe it was God and Chanteclaire magic that let our outside ceremony go off without a hitch. Leigh and her team kept an eye on the radar and we were able to dry off the chairs and get everyone seated and start the ceremony. The rain started again right as we said I DO. Amazing..... Nothing short of it. If it wasn't for Leigh and her team the day could have been ruined by the rain but they kept my spirits high (even coming to visit me in the farmhouse).

Everyone could not stop talking about the food..... The cake ..... The EXPERIENCE! Chanteclaire is a very special place and I hold it very close to my heart. I couldn't imagine being married anywhere else. Leigh, you are one of a kind and your staff is beyond fabulous.

Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Oh, Chelsea!!!! Thank you for the kind words. It makes us so happy to hear them. Please stay in touch, and I hope to see you in October! Big hugs. Leigh

Kelsey · Married on 05/14/2016

Chanteclaire Farm was the perfect choice for our wedding ceremony and reception! As a bride, Leigh took away all my worries for the day of the wedding. She had every detail in order and knew how to handle anything you threw at her, such as mud on my dress, misplacing my bouquet, and weather changes quickly and calmly. I'm a worrier, and her demeanor gave me the feeling that there was nothing that could ever ruin the wedding day.

Even when the weather turned chilly and rainy right before the ceremony, Leigh and her team were still able to get our ceremony off without a hitch outside before the rain showers started. Guests were kept happy despite the abnormally cold temperatures with the help of outdoor heaters and smooth transitions from bus to ceremony to cocktail hour.

Leigh and her team were able to give helpful opinions on the ceremony and reception when requested and made every idea Matt and I had for the wedding, such as popcorn before the ceremony, work out perfectly. Leigh and the DJ's were not even phased when Matt and I decided to switch around the bridal processional music at the last minute.

The DJ's were also amazing and had great timing with transitions and song changes. They stuck to the songs we liked and knew when to play them in order to keep all the guests dancing until the last song. Everyone from Chanteclaire involved in our wedding day were more than just vendors by the end of this experience. They were friends and welcomed guests at our wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Kelsey, thank you so very much for the kind words. It was such a blast being a part of your wedding. We just adored you and Matt, and can't wait to see you again. Please keep in touch. Big hugs. Leigh

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

Chanteclaire farm made our wedding not only the best day but a complete breeze. I couldn't be more thankful for all their help and efforts in planning our special day!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It's only been two weeks but we already miss you all. Give hugs to everyone from all of us. :-)

Brittney · Married on 08/15/2015

My fairytale dreams came true here! I still look at our wedding pictures in awe because I cannot believe how perfect our special day was! From the wedding planning down to the most fun I've had in my life, it was a wonderful experience! The staff was amazing and so helpful. I wish I could relive it over and over again :)

Sent on 05/13/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Brittney, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You were so much fun to have at Chanteclaire. Big, big hugs to you, Ryan and your growing clan! :-)

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I got married at Chanteclaire Farm last June and could not have picked a better venue. If we had to do it all over, we would do it there again in a heart beat! I had the wedding of my dreams at Chanteclaire Farm thanks to the beautiful venue and the amazing staff!!! I can not brag about the staff enough. They were all so nice and easy to work with! You can feel the love and compassion they have for helping couples experience the best day of their lives! I must also say the food is spectacular. By far the best wedding food you will eat! They take pride in every aspect of what they do at Chanteclaire and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. We hope more of our friends choose this venue just so we can go back and enjoy the food and fun again!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Jennifer, THANK YOU!!!!!!! Every time I think about your wedding I imagine you flying around the dance floor like you're at the helm of Titanic! It always makes me giggle. I hope you and Eric are doing GREAT and that you come visit us whenever you're back in Deep Creek. :-)

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

You cannot go wrong with this venue, their service, their food, their staff and their recvomendations. As a bride that wanted to enjoy my wedding and not worry about details this was the perfect choice! Leigh and staff had all the details done perfectly (more perfect that I even imagined/ expected). The food was the best food I've ever had at a wedding, my cake was amazing (looking and tasting), her staff was so friendly with my guests, my DJ was spot on, the venue itself was perfectly decorated and my guests had a blast. My fiancé went a little nuts with the guest book/things people sign and Leigh made sure that everything we wanted was there for us. If I had the chance to do it all over again the only thing I would change is buying one more bottle of the most popular bourbon!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Amanda, you wonderful woman!!! It's so great to "hear" your voice again. Give Ali a huge hug from me and tell him that we thought everything he did was PERFECT. Big hugs from all of us, and we hope to see you in October.

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2014

Wedding was great! Guest still talk about it years late! Leigh and Carla are AMAZING! If you are looking for the best rustic all in one venue you have found the right place!!!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! It was such a pleasure having you all at Chanteclaire. Please come visit us sometime so we can give you a big big hug!

Margot · Married on 10/12/2014

My wife and I got married at Chanteclaire Farm last month and have nothing but wonderful things to say about our experience! From the moment we set foot on the property we just absolutely fell in love and knew immediately this was the place. Leigh and Ann gave us a tour and we sat in the kitchen drinking tea with them for more than an hour while they answered all of our questions. As a same-sex couple we really wanted to feel comfortable at our venue. Leigh and her team at Chanteclaire were very open from the start and we never had any concerns.

The barn looked absolutely stunning. Everything was set up the night before and we were able to add our decorative touches the morning of the wedding. Amy did our flowers and they blew us away! We had the ceremony outside by the pond. We lucked out with the weather, but just this year they put a roof over one of the outdoor decks and have heat lamps, which was great for guests while they waited for the ceremony to begin. It is also a great rain alternative if you still want to be outside.

Carla is an amazing cook. The food was elegant, country comfort-food. Our guests raved about our choice of duck with a cherry glaze and cod with a lemon-thyme sauce. They also made our desserts on-site and we did a combination of pies and a delicious cake! Again, our guests raved. We choose the fancy artisanal cheese platter for the cocktail hour with local cheeses – amazing!

Sounds Fun Entertainment does most of the weddings at Chanteclaire. We didn’t know anything about them but were very pleased. They know the team at Chanteclaire so well and coordinated everything perfectly. After dancing we did a late night bonfire. They had everything set up for us, including music and moved our bar outside for us. It was a perfect way to keep the night going.

Overall, we couldn't have been happier! It was such a pleasure working with Leigh - she really listened to us and understood our vision for the day and made us feel relaxed!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Margot, I'm just reminiscing about your wedding and how beautiful it was. I hope you and Anne are doing great, and loving each other something fierce. Big hugs to you both! - Leigh

Caitlin · Married on 04/30/2014

My husband and I could not have asked for a more amazing wedding and venue. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and it was the most relaxed, comfortable atmosphere where everyone felt at home. My family stayed on the grounds at the beautiful farmhouse which was so worth it. The staff at Chanteclaire are the most wonderful people who did everything they could to make us feel so special - by the end of the wedding weekend I felt like we had made new friends. The food was absolutely delicious - I have gotten so many compliments on the perfectly cooked steak and the cake was best cake I've ever had in my life. The perfect day ended with an awesome bonfire with all of our guests which just set everything over the top. Everyone has told us how absolutely perfect everything was and we owe that to Carla, Leigh, Ann and all of the other wonderful people at Chanteclaire that made our day so special.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Hi Caitlin! I recently saw a picture on our website of your handsome husband and wanted to remind you of how much fun WE had hosting your wedding. We hope you bring those babies to visit us soon. Big hugs!
  • Iryna

Iryna · Married on 07/27/2013

Excellent service, food, venue and staff. There are two houses on property, so we had 12 people stay overnight after the wedding as well! Beautiful country/rustic decor. Loved it!

Leigh was amazing and everything went off without a hitch. She went above and beyond, making an arch in case of rain, and changing table numbers at the last minute- she never acted annoyed, despite my needless worrying! The food was amazing and the barn is so beautiful and relaxing that people can't help but enjoy!

Kyle · Married on 09/25/2010

We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony/reception at Chanteclaire Farm. We are from Northern VA, outside of DC, and were lucky enough to stumble across this amazing venue.
    Fred and Christiane are an amazing team! They worked with us on every detail and we and an absolutely amazing day! Christiane makes all of the food hot out of the oven for your reception - it was incredible!
    Chanteclaire Farm is an adorable venue and the perfect Farm-esque type location we were looking for. All of our guests absolutely loved it and were constantly complimenting us on our choice.
    We were extremely happy with our choice and were able to get a lot of bang for our buck!

Gina · Married on 09/18/2010

I could not have asked for a better Ceremony and Reception Venue! EVERYTHING was AMAZING!!!!

Christina · Married on 08/28/2010

Absolutely amazing place to have our wedding !!!
    Extremely detailed about all aspects of the planning process.
    We just can't say enough about how wonderful this venue is !!!

• DeniseandMatt

Denise · Married on 10/10/2009

Absolutely the most PERFECT everything!

We had both our rehearsal dinner and reception at Chanteclaire and can't imagine having it any other way.

Fred & Christiane worked closely with us to plan the most perfect rehearsal dinner and reception. They guided us through the planning process, gave us many options, and helped us plan a very personal reception that suited us to a tee. Our guests are still raving about it, saying that it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Their farm is absolutely breath-taking - perfectly situated, decorated perfectly, but most of all comfortable. We could not have asked for a more perfect setting.

Christiane's gift is her unwaivering quest for perfection. She has been doing this for years, and truly knows her stuff. She worked tirelessly on our menu (and the food was exquisite!), our cake (delicious and beautiful!), and ensuring that all of our guests felt right at home. She is a consummate professional, but lots of fun too.

I am delinquent in sending them a personal note to say "thank you" (in part because I'm not sure I can adequately express my sincere gratitude), but STRONGLY encourage anyone looking for a wedding venue to contact them.

They are fabulous, and we cannot imagine a more perfect day. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you so much, Fred & Christiane!

Phil · Married on 08/06/2017

OK…let’s skip the gushy post-wedding reviews (all of which is true about Chanteclaire) and focus on the business side of things. The dollars and time involved throwing a wedding are significant. As parents of the bride, did my wife and I have concerns about a barn wedding in a fairly remote area? Yes! How did it turn out? Great!!
    Start the thinking with people. Leigh (Chaneclaire owner) has a well thought out approach to business. Ask her a question about any aspect of the event and she has it well thought out. We had concerns about how hot the top level of the barn might be (August wedding), wondered about the Chanteclaire staff given the seasonality of the business and concerns about dietary restrictions about a number of guests. Not an issue. Leigh handled all wonderfully.
    Now move over to the planning process at Chanteclaire. Yes, we had concerns about planning a wedding away from our home city and in a barn venue. The business arrangement with Leigh includes everything other than photography, flowers, alcohol and transportation (to/from hotels). Leigh has a number of choices of well vetted service providers whom you can talk to and make your own selection. Unlike many other “barn venues” where you have to find most or all service providers, the goods and services are easy to arrange. We found all providers flexible and very nice to do business with. They really just want to make your big day fun and memorable. One word of caution, if you are a Big City dweller), get used to receiving responses a bit slower than what you are used to (Leigh will tell you this). Do not worry as it all comes together wonderfully.

One more business item (no, I am not an attorney). Running a business for years taught me about “liability”. Keep in mind; you purchase the alcohol. Purchase a “special event policy” (Leigh will tell you this as well). Cost is a few hundred dollars. Do not kid yourself about the liability.

Chanteclaire Farm 8

Ashleigh · Married on 07/09/2016

The hardest part about being a bride is that, for most, you are a novice attempting to create something perfect on your first try. I had never even been part of a wedding until my own, so many of my friends and family were also not experts. Working with Chanteclaire Farm took the guesswork and stress of planning a wedding away from me. I worked closely with Leigh Clarke to plan every detail of my big day, and I can say that she is certainly an expert! Not only does Chanteclaire have an incredible chef (the food was amazing) and an in-house DJ, but Leigh was also able to recommend a fabulous photographer, florist and officiant. Instead of scavenger hunting to bring all of these people together and sitting through endless meetings and conference calls, I was literally handed professional, high quality businesses who had worked with the farm previously. Pictures of Chanteclaire do not do its beauty and charm justice, our guests couldn't stop talking about how awesome and unique our venue was. Working with Leigh was organized, simple and stress-free. She is incredibly responsive and runs a tight ship to make sure every second of your planning and execution play out flawlessly.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Chanteclaire Farm's reply:

Hi Ashleigh! Thank you for the wonderful comments. It was such a pleasure having you at Chanteclaire. Be sure to stay in touch, and let us know whenever you're in town. Big hugs. Leigh