Chagrin Valley Athletic Club Reviews

Chagrin Valley Athletic Club 2
  • Candace

Candace Walsh · Married on 06/29/2019

Chagrin Valley Athletic Club

We had our wedding ceremony in CVAC's beautiful garden and reception in the ball room w/a private outdoor veranda. Kate is an exceptional event planner who is quick to respond to questions and offers options and solutions that made planning our wedding easier than I had imagined. If you are looking for a place that goes above and beyond to make your event the best that it can be, don't hesitate to check them out. You will be happy you did! We could not have had a better experience and our guests really enjoyed themselves, too!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Chagrin Valley Athletic Club 3
    Chagrin Valley Athletic Club 4
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/27/2018

The Perfect Day

I loved having my wedding at the CVAC. Kate was absolutely fantastic and worked with me on the budget. We received compliments on the food and the overall vibe of the venue. The CVAC is gorgeous and was perfect for our late October wedding. We weren't able to have our ceremony on the grounds due to rain but Kate and her team worked to bring our ceremony inside with no problem. Kate was responsive to my many emails and offered feedback when asked. I emailed her to order food for the bridesmaids the day of the wedding when we arrived at the venue and upon arriving at the venue Kate was bringing in the wraps for the girls to enjoy! They have three suites that can be used to get ready in during your big day. It was great to have the suite so I could hide from guest arriving! I highly recommend the CVAC - you can't go wrong having your wedding at the Chagrin Valley Athletic Club.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Tanya · Married on 09/08/2018

Very pleased with Chagrin Valley Athletic Club! The food was amazing and our coordinator Kate was amazing! Everything went perfectly and I couldn't of asked for a better day!

Sent on 09/22/2018
  • jtillie316

Janet · Married on 09/17/2016

I cannot say enough good things about CVAC.... Jane and Kate are the dream team! They were always quick to respond and very patient with me, especially when I had long emails and millions of questions. The staff is incredible.... many of my guests complimented us on both the venue and the wait staff. We wanted for nothing during our reception. Kate particularly took amazing care of anything I threw at her on the wedding day... she always answered with a smile and made it happen!. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and it was the perfect place with veranda right off the reception hall... even if you wanted to step out to get fresh air, you were still right by the action. The food was fantastic... it tasted even better than the day we had our tasting! I would go back there in a heartbeat for an event and will certainly recommend the venue to any future bride!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Chris · Married on 08/20/2016

My wife and I had our wedding on August 20th 2016. It was such a memorable day. Everyone from Jane, brad and staff were very accommodating. They wanted to do what we wanted. Everything was chosen by us. From the food to the drinks and how we wanted everything to look. This was the first venue we looked at and looked at several others after and ended up being the best venue and in our price range. The garden were ceremonies are held looked awesome and very beautiful. The food was amazing. Everything is made on site and made accommodations to any allergies that were brought up. If we had to do it again we would choose CVAC as our wedding venue again.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2015

Kate was amazing. We had a lot of changes throughout the year of working with her, and she responded promptly and professionally each time. The day of, she was on hand for everything, making sure the day ran smoothly. She made sure our bridal party got food in between the ceremony and reception and the bar staff was fantastic! We got so many compliments on the food. We decided to do heavy appetizers, and had 10 different things coming out at a perfect pace. Nobody left hungry! Also, we had planned on getting married outside, but Mother Nature disagreed with us and we ended up having to decide the morning of to move inside. It still turned out to be a beautiful ceremony on such short notice.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Desiree · Married on 08/22/2015

Starting with Jane, the sales representative for Chagrin Valley Athletic Club, continuing through Kate, the event coordinator, our wedding was absolutely amazing. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and several of my family members have commented that they want to renew their vows there and wondered how I stumbled upon the venue. The staff was very courteous and responsive to all of our needs. The wedding day would not have flown by as smoothly without the assistance of Kate and her amazing staff.

Sent on 11/08/2015

My wife and I decided to have both the ceremony and the reception at CVAC, and it was the easiest of decisions! We wanted a summer wedding and a natural environment for our ceremony decorations. The gardens at CVAC are so gorgeous and they made the ceremony absolutely stunning! The reception hall is a great size and the food is amazing! My wife has Celiac's disease at it runs in her family so we wanted to make sure that everyone would be able to eat anything that was served. CVAC went through the process of ensuring nothing was cooked with gluten and there was no additional cost! Not one guest knew that the bread, the pasta, the crackers, etc. were gluten free! The staff at CVAC are awesome and they make the big day so special yet easy to plan. There are dressing rooms for the bride and groom and their wedding party, which made our experience very unique. Overall, the grounds are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is very helpful and wonderful to work with. The price can't be beat for what you are receiving in service and quality.

Sent on 10/20/2015

CVAC was beyond amazing. It rained on my wedding day (which is supposed be good luck right) so I couldn't use the outside patio but they all bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect. They set up my millions of decorations for me and made everything so perfect. Wouldn't change a thing. Would Recommend CVAC to my closest family and friends.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Denise · Married on 09/21/2013

I held my wedding reception at the Chagrin Valley Athletic Club 9/21/13. Working with the staff was wonderful. Jane, the sales manager, was very relaxed through the whole planning process, putting me at ease. Several times I couldn't believe how easy it was to put together the whole reception. Clay and his event team were amazing as well, going as far as putting the flowers in each vase for my centerpiece the morning of. Just a super helpful and friendly team.

Beyond that the food is probably the best catered food you'll find -- and at a great price! The price per person is inclusive, so even if it looks steep at first, it works better than most independent catering services that charge for rentals, etc. I had been looking for a vintage inspired location all over Cleveland, and trust me when I say you won't find a better deal for ambiance, great tasting food, and service.

The grounds at CVAC are beautiful and well maintained. The beauty struck me even as a child playing there, and will surely be something your guests will remember. I can't rave about them enough. Great food and drink options, service, and they will totally work with you to make your event exactly how you want it. I would definitely pick them again!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2012

The best day of our lives & CVAC made it all happen. We were very pleased & would high recommend this venue to anyone planning their big day. Staff & coordinator listened to every request & fulfilled them. Very easy to work with & we have amazing memories!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Jane · Married on 05/26/2012

Our wedding was amazing! The banquet room is beautiful. Our families and friends did not stop talking about how incredible the food was. We got married in the gardens, the weather was not perfect but everything went well. Having drinks and hors d'oeuvres on the veranda overlooking the Club property was beautiful. Staff bent over back wards for us. You can tell they have experience with weddings. The price for our entire day was very good. Be sure to use the bridal suite, it is a great place to get away and relax.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Laura · Married on 06/06/2009

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

The Venue itself was Perfect! I had my ceremony and reception here and all we got were compliments from our guests! The outside was beautiful with flowers and a pond and mini-beach. The biggest problem I had was with the contact I worked with. The dinner was served late, I was pressured to have the cocktail hour longer than I wanted, and he was very difficult to get in touch with. I had to initiate everything myself. I wasn;t even given a final bill until I asked for it.

I highly reccomend using this venue but requesting to work with someone else.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Bethany · Married on 06/18/2016

2.5
      3.5
      3.0

Jane is AMAZING, but the dinner was a bit of a problem. Despite multiple meetings with the chef, he got the meal completely wrong ( e.g., I wanted a vegan tofu scramble and he put meat in it, which kind of defeated the purpose). They also forgot to put out serving utensils for the cake cutting, and started serving ice-cream before it had been planned as well. Other than that, the venue was amazing, and Jane really worked to make every part of my plan come to life. If you want a wedding planner who is responsive and will help you every step of the way, Jane is the woman for you. On top of that, the pictures from the site were fantastic.

Sent on 12/08/2016