Ceresville Mansion Reviews

269 Reviews for Ceresville Mansion

• Porsha

Joshua R. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Perfect Venue!

After meeting with Michele at Ceresville there was no doubt in our mind that is was the venue for our wedding. The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for the our guest count of 75 people. Working with Michele and Ali was a joy and they helped us plan a well-organized event. The fact that they provide a day of coordinator is amazing, and our wedding won't have run smoothly without Alison's organization. All of the staff were helpful and the food was delicious.

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Doreatha

Doreatha · Getting married on 06/26/2021

I had my wedding and reception and everything was wonderful staff, food and I really loved Meghan she was wonderful I couldn't ask for a better place to have my wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2013
  • Lizzy

Lizzy D. · Married on 01/30/2021

Like having professional family organize your wedding

The team at Cersville is so responsive and helpful when something comes up. Planning during Covid was rough, but everyone was very flexible and understanding. We had to make changes up to the day before and they had no problem rolling with it. Social faux pas abound were handled with grace during our event, and when EMTs were needed the day of, our event coordinator was great at keeping things together and keeping myself and my husband updated without having to give up our day to the unexpected circumstances.

The on-site catering and food service is fantastic; everything is delicious and the staff is so thoughtful. We needed a break for a bit in the chaos and without being prompted they not only got us food and drinks to a private room, but the head chef even came to check on our personal situation, not just the food. It was just so thoughtful and kind and made our day feel magical despite all the things that could, and did, go wrong at no fault of the Ceresville staff.

I've wanted to get married here since I was a little girl, and Ceresville did not disappoint.

Sent on 02/02/2021
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin C. · Married on 05/03/2020

Beautiful Venue - the Total Package!

I cannot recommend the Ceresville Mansion highly enough. We were originally supposed to get married there on May 3, 2020, and with the initial shutdowns due to COVID, we had to reschedule to September 13, 2020 with about six weeks notice. The staff here were so incredibly helpful every step of the way. We worked primarily with Alison, but even when she was on vacation for a week the staff member who filled in for her (Ali K.) was top-notch. They are incredibly prompt in all of their communications and very patient in answering our (what felt like hundreds of) questions. The space is gorgeous, the outdoor areas are picturesque and well maintained, and the food was absolutely delicious. This place really is a package deal and 100% worth the cost.

Sent on 10/10/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 01/11/2020

So Happy We Chose Ceresville!

I researched basically every single venue in the DMV for my winter wedding and narrowed my search down to my top 5 or so. Well, I only had to visit 2 of them to know that Ceresville was the place for me. Ali Kuchman was amazing about listening to what we wanted and making you feel like she truly cared about your wedding even when you were only in the searching phase. She also sent us a (very reasonable) quote almost immediately. Ali was the perfect POC throughout the year of planning. The other great thing about Ceresville is how much they provide: food, beverages, tables, linens, decor, coordination. The list goes on! Let me tell you, having an “all-inclusive” wedding makes things so much less stressful.

The day itself could not have gone more smoothly. My girls and I (all 12 of us!) were able to get ready in the upstairs of the mansion, which made things incredibly easy. The outside pergola, which is obviously beautiful in warmer months, was the perfect backdrop for night time photos, especially with the holiday decor and lighting, which they left up for me at no extra cost. All of my guests raved about the venue too. I highly recommend Ceresville, any time of the year!

Sent on 02/12/2020
  • Abby

Abby R. · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic experience!

We had our wedding there last month and could not have had a better experience. Excellent food, excellent ambiance and very helpful staff who seemed just as excited about our day as we were. We can't say enough good things about Ceresville, and neither can our guests!

Photo credit to Tori Nefores Photography!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Ceresville Mansion's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, we all enjoyed working with you and loved the sweet surprises that were added to the day to make it extra special!

Michele Dure-Chavis
    Sales Director

John · Married on 10/18/2019

Caring and Professional

Our experience with Ceresville was pleasant from start to finish. We worked with Ali for about a year an a half prior to our wedding day, and she has been exceptional at ensureing that everything that we wanted was executed well. They also worked with us with complex requests with meals and decoration and coordinated with all our vendors to ensure setup went flawlessly. Our wedding day was as incredible, and the venue being beautiful just added to it. Staff was always available to assist in every way possible through the event.

Ceresville Mansion comes highly recommended to anyone looking to get married or have a reception there.

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Slightly Off-Center

Hannah · Married on 09/01/2019

The best decision in all of wedding planning was choosing Ceresville

From start to finish, Ceresville was the most helpful, flexible, cooperative, and exciting decision we made during the whole process. We would do it again and choose them again in a heartbeat. Kate was our coordinator and she was very organized and precise, extremely appreciated. Amanda was our event manager and everything ran SO smoothly and perfectly under her guidance. Robin the bridal stalker was fantastic and we ate so much food. I wish we could have fit more into our stomachs! XD All the weird little things we did and different touches we asked for were executed flawlessly, and we cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Ceresville Mansion's reply:

Thank you Hannah and Eric! I am so glad you enjoyed your day. It was a pleasure meeting and working with you both.

Kate

Ngoc-Han · Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing wedding

First of all, let me preface by saying that we did not plan this wedding until March 2019. When I went to search for a venue, Ceresville Mansion stood out because of the budget and because I fell in love with its terrace. While most couples do their ceremony there, my vision was to have an alfresco reception on the terrace and the ceremony on their big meadow. When I first contacted Michele, she was absolutely on board with my vision and even showed me a few photos of a similar wedding. Throughout the process, I coordinated with Michele who was so patient with me because I was not the most organized bride. Because the wedding was in August, we also had contingency plans set up in case of bad weather but months of praying helped because we had the best weather for an outdoor ceremony and reception (a high of 79F in August with low humidity)! We were also able to make use of the ballroom for the cocktail hour and then dancing after dinner. The day of went very smoothly and Vicky and Amanda helped set up for the wedding and also with making sure that we stayed on time and on schedule. Lauren my bridal attendant was fantastic and made sure we always had food and something to drink.
    The wedding was so great and the staff at Ceresville was extremely nice and helpful. We have gotten many compliments on the venue, the staff and the food. Overall, I highly recommend Ceresville Mansion!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Carli F. · Married on 06/08/2019

Fantastic!!!

I immediately knew as soon as we walked in for the first tour that this was where I wanted to have my wedding. The price made us hesitate but it is ABSOLUTELY worth every penny. Ali out coordinator was so responsive and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. There were no other events planned before ours so Ali let us show up early so we could take our time getting ready and setting up the decorations.

Vicki our day of coordinator kept everything running so smoothly and Lauren my bridal assistant was fantastic! Carrying my train down the stairs, saving us a plate of hors d'oeuvres that we did not have a chance to sample during pictures. And the food, OMG, was to die for! We received so many compliments on the food and no trouble accommodating some of ours guests severe food allergies.

The pergola out back was so beautiful, full of greenery that was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and at night the lighting was magical! Half our guests ended up wandering outside to talk selfies there. Cannot say enough about how gorgeous the venue is, and how fabulous the entire staff was!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Lydia · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent staff, beautiful venue

Gorgeous venue for an ouriasw spring wedding. The staff was fantastic keeping everyone on schedule the day of. Alison was great to work with leading up to the wedding. Definitely great value for the service received.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Ximena

Ximena T. · Married on 04/05/2019

Surpassed our expectations!!! Amazing!!

Ceresville Mansion exceeded our expectations, Michele Dura-Davis helped us plan everything from the very beginning always answered any questions I had quickly. She also helped us by making sure we were on track to submitting everything before the big day which was a big help. Overall she was wonderful and we are so glad she helped us! The staff from the mansion went above and beyond to make sure everything on our special day was perfect. The attention from Vicki our day of coordinator was amazing, she made sure everything ran smoothly and that we were on track with the sequence of events of that day. Everything was perfect, all my guests can’t stop talking about how amazing the attention was, everyone felt important that day. Lauren was my bridal assistant and she was wonderful! She was always making sure I didn’t need anything and even helped me carry my bridal train before I walked in to the Venue because it was raining outside! The attention and great customer service from all the employees at the mansion was more than what I had expected, I am so thankful I choose Ceresville Mansion as our reception venue. It was an unforgettable day all thanks to them!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 01/19/2019

Ceresville made my day magical!

I could not have imagined having my wedding at any other venue. Ceresville has been professional and helpful every step of the way. The staff let me take a second tour of when my mother was in town visiting to give her a chance to see it in person. My planner had left, and they were quick to assign a new planner to work with me. Natalie and Alison helped me to plan out everything that I needed to make my wedding run smoothly. Vicki, my day of coordinator, keep everything running and on task. Lauren, my bridal assistant, was wonderful and made sure that anything I needed help with was taken care of. I cannot stress enough how wonderful everything was. The whole team was fabulous at Ceresville!

Sent on 01/24/2019
  • JILLIAN

Jillian · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing venue

The employees all worked so hard to make my dream wedding come true. I did not have to stress at all the day of the wedding and everything went smoothly.Michelle was a pleasure to work with and the venue its self is beautiful.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Stephen

Stephen · Married on 11/08/2018

Beautiful venue, inside and out

Ceresville Mansion is a hidden treasure. It's very easy to miss, as it's RIGHT off of a major road, but I'm so glad we found it. All of the staff that helped us coordinate our wedding were able to quickly and knowledgeably answer all the questions we had right up to the time we walked down the aisle. The rehearsal was smooth, and the day of was even better. Neither of us had to worry about a thing thanks to the fantastic staff, even with some last-minute changes on our end. Food was provided by the venue, and their entire menu is to die for. We opted for a brunch wedding, with about half of the menu being vegan-friendly (and DELICIOUS!). Could not be happier with choosing Ceresville!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Britney · Married on 09/16/2018

Ceresville Mansion is an amazing wedding venue! We decided to choose Ceresville because of the excellent quality of service, great value for our money and not to mention, the beauty of the mansion. Once we decided on this location for our wedding, the event director, Kate, worked with us throughout the year to make sure things were coming into place. She was always responsive to emails and calls and always courteous. She was a delight to work with. We were even given a list of recommended vendors and a suggested timeline to follow while planning. The price was unmatched for the value. Everything was included...catering, linen, tables and wedding day coordination.

My wedding day was incredible thanks to the Ceresville team. Phillip coordinated the day making sure everything was in place, all vendors arrived on time and the timeline for the day was followed. I had no worries throughout the event because everything was taken care of. My guests had a blast! They couldn’t stop telling us how wonderful the staff and venue were.

I highly recommend this wedding venue! The entire Ceresville team was a dream to work with. My husband and I couldn’t have made a better choice for our big day.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Aiko · Married on 09/15/2018

Ceresville Mansion venue is amazing! We had a beautiful fall wedding there. I had the pleasure of working with Kate,Vicky, and their awesome staff. Kate was there every step of the way working on our wedding plans and Vicky made sure the day of the wedding ran smoothly and was perfect! They were all very accommodating. My guests loved this venue and I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone we know! Thank you for making our wedding day soo special!

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/01/2018

Best Day Ever

Picking Ceresville was one of the best decisions that we made. Our event coordinators made everything so easy. We started out with Stephanie who was more than perfect introducing us to Ceresville and getting the planning process started. When Stephanie left Ceresville we were seamlessly handed off to our second coordinator Kate. Kate went above and beyond answering all of my last minute emails and assisting me and getting all of the last minute additions.
    We planned to get married outside with a back up plan of getting married inside. However, we got hit with a surprise storm that threw off both plans. Our Ceresville team went into action and at last minute we ended up getting married on the dance floor which created one of the most intimate experiences of my life!
    Our guest still cannot stop talking about how great the food was! We had the pleasure of attending two tastings so we got to try a lot of the options at Ceresville. ALL of them were great and a fan favorite seemed to be the shrimp and grits. The in house catering made everything so easy.
    Lastly, I want to give special thank yous to our day of coordinator and wedding attendant. They spent the day running around and doing everything in they could to make us happy. If I could do it all over I would pick Ceresville every time!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Alethia · Married on 08/04/2018

I contacted Ceresville Mansion with regard to holding a Rehearsal Dinner for my son and future wife, and I needed to take the time to write how we could not have been more pleased with how our event turned out, and the service we received.
    From beginning contact, with Natalie, to our host that evening, Jessica, we could not have received better service. Natalie was extremely informative and helpful from the very beginning. Answering questions, returning emails right away, meeting with me, etc. On the night of our event, Jessica could not have been more kind to us, more helpful or professional. She was fantastic. We were so happy when we left that evening.
    I was disappointed throughout the day knowing that it was going to rain, and that our event most likely would be moved inside, as opposed to outside by the pond. ...but, when I walked in to drop decorations off for the evening, the room looked so beautiful already. Jessica, along with her support staff, from the moment I pulled up were hands on. They even helped unload my car! She listened to my desires and wants, and some concerns, and made me feel completely at ease in knowing she would take care of everything, and would fix anything I wasn't sure about. And she did. The attendant behind the bar (I regret not getting her name) was attentive and polite to guests and to me. And lastly, the food was visually appealing and delicious. It was so appreciated and it was easy to recognize the chef's hard work. You could not look around and not notice all the hard work...it showed.
    I could go on and on, but only have so much space. I believe businesses like this can live or die based on reviews, and it is my desire to make every effort, to let you know how wonderful our event was. And you can rest, in complete confidence, having an event here, knowing that Ceresville Mansion will do all they can to make your event just as you envisioned -- wonderful and stress-free. Kudos to them and their team!

Sent on 08/15/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/29/2018

Highly recommended

Ceresville is a beautiful location and their employees are on top of it. We felt like royalty on our wedding night!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Heather · Married on 06/01/2018

Ceresville Mansion was absolutely wonderful! We could not have picked a better place to have our wedding!

Jenni was incredibly responsive and extremely patient with my (many, many) questions. All of our guests enjoyed the service and meals the night of the wedding, and everyone told us how beautiful the venue was.

I highly recommend Ceresville. We would love to have an event with them again in the future.

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • NancyCtoA

Nancy · Married on 05/12/2018

From the first day we visited Ceresville, till we were driving away on our wedding night, Ceresville has been a stunning location that will always have a special place in our hearts. The mansion has gorgeous historic charm that offers versatility of indoor and outdoor entertaining areas. On top of that, the Chef and his kitchen staff create the most amazing food. After our tasting we had a hard time deciding what to serve because everything was so good! Our guests raved about the beauty of Ceresville, the delicious food, and the great service from the entire staff. Robbie and Vikki were our day-of coordinators and they were a fabulous team to work with. Special thanks to Heather who made sure that we were taken care of throughout our event. Last but not least, Stephanie was undeniably amazing to work with. She was super friendly and very responsive throughout the planning process. She was always accessible to help with on-site planning and handled our changes and curve balls that came along with the wedding planning process. She prepared numerous estimates for us so we could keep an eye on the budget, and she gave us suggestions based on previous successes at Cersville. This was absolutely the best place to get married. I can’t wait too have an anniversary celebration there!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Lori · Married on 01/06/2018

Couldn't ask for a more beautiful venue to have our wedding. There step-by-step help and assistance from beginning to the very end was professional, helpful and awesome. They stepped in with things I didn't even think about and when a problem arose they were on it and fixed it! Not one hiccup to think of and for that it was awesome. Everyone was amazed how beautiful our wedding was

Sent on 01/08/2018

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2017

The first best decision that we made when it came to our New Year’s Eve wedding was having it at Ceresville Mansion - my wife and I cannot endorse this venue enough. If you are considering Ceresville, do yourself a huge favor and book. It will be the best gift you give yourself and all of your guests. We have heard from countless people that our wedding is the best they have ever been to and that the food (served buffet style) ranks at the very top. These are high compliments from seasoned wedding-goers and foodies. Most of that praise should go directly to Ceresville and its staff. Ceresville is gorgeous and accommodating - they made it possible for us to stick to a very reasonable budget for space, food, and drink without seeming like we spared any expense. As an all-inclusive venue, they boast a beautiful house and grounds; onsite mouth-watering catering and well-stocked bar; in-house furniture, linens, centerpieces, etc. - plus at the holidays, it is spectacularly decorated. They also provide you with a wedding coordinator to walk through the planning process; a day-of coordinator; and on the wedding day, a staff member is personally assigned to the marrying couple to be sure you have everything you need at any given time. All of these elements added up to give us a wedding we could not have dreamed of without Ceresville and our personal wedding team lead by the incomparable Stephanie Lindsey. Stephanie consistently went above and beyond; she is also just a delightful person who we genuinely enjoyed getting to know. In addition, we were lucky to have Jessica and Jane as our day-of coordinator and bride-shadow. They went equally above and beyond to make sure we were thrilled with our wedding. That was a theme: everyone at Ceresville deeply wishes for you to have the wedding of your dreams and will do everything to make sure that you get just that. And we had a wedding that went beyond our dreams all thanks to Ceresville.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Emily · Married on 11/17/2017

We were recently married at Ceresville Mansion and I can't imagine a better venue. I fell in love when we visited and the mansion was absolutely gorgeous. I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to afford the venue at all. We had a Friday wedding in November. We worked with Kate whom my sister recommended from planning past corporate events and she was the best. She looked out for us to help us along and make sure we were on schedule with all of our planning needs. She also helped out by recommending affordable and talented vendors including our DJ, Cake Baker, and flowers. When my photographer fell through two months before the wedding she was able to suggest several excellent alternatives. In the days leading up to the wedding I felt at ease and confident that everything would do according to plan because I knew Kate and her team at Ceresville were on it. They took care of everything we asked for, and all of the things we didn't know we needed as well. The wedding itself was beautiful and so much fun. We had our ceremony there and the timing of appetizers and cocktails directly after was much appreciated by our guests. Our meal was delicious and again the timing and professionalism with which it was served were great. I cannot recommend this venue enough.

Sent on 12/18/2017