83 Reviews for Ceremonies By Design

Non-religious (5)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Agnostic (1)
83 Ceremonies By Design Reviews

Joan was the officiant to our wedding over Memorial Day weekend of 2018. There are not enough stars for us to give. Joan was great. She customized the ceremony to be unique. She let it be about us and what components we wanted for our special day. She truly made our wedding memorable. Guests commented all night about what a unique and beautiful ceremony. It was perfect. We would HIGHLY recommend Joan to any bride and groom looking for a personalized and customized wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture April, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Joan did an amazing job with our ceremony. Since we lived out of state we were only able to meet her over the phone before the "big day." Despite this, she personalized our ceremony perfectly and made it feel intimate and loving, and like we had known her all our lives. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joan created a very personalized and heartfelt ceremony that had our entire family talking about how it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. On top of making our ceremony so special, she was responsive, professional, helped us understand the steps of the license/certificate/etc., and had a lot of fantastic ideas to add into the ceremony to make it that much more meaningful. We couldn't imagine our ceremony being any more perfect than it was. We were so happy to have Joan as our officiant!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joan gave us the ability to completely customize our wedding ceremony from the ground up. She helped us perform a traditional Celtic handfasting, and allowed us to be outside of the "typical Wisconsin wedding" stereotypes. She holds no judgements regarding who you are, or what type of church/religion you attend. She's there to make your day the best day you want it to be.

Profile Picture Jason, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

The moment we met Joan, we knew she would be the perfect fit for us. We met her at Panera for our first meeting and she provided a detailed menu of all her available services and we discussed what options would be best suited for our wedding ceremony. She made sure she got to know my husband and I and sent us detailed questionnaires so she could write a personal ceremony script.

When she sent the first proof, she truly captured exactly what my husband and I were after for our personalized ceremony. Her words were so accurate and true that they made us cry when reading them.

Throughout the entire process, she communicated and responded quickly and efficiently and made sure we loved our ceremony experience.

For the rehearsal ceremony and wedding day, Joan was consistently available for us and answered any and all questions we had. She was organized, calm, and made me feel very comfortable with the whole process.

I would definitely recommend Joan Pape to anyone looking for a ceremony that is personal, unique, and custom. It definitely is evident that this is her passion and I am honored to have had her as our officiant on our wedding day! Thank you, Joan!

Photo for Ceremonies By Design Review - Joan, my husband, and his mother.
Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Joan did a fantastic job officiating our wedding! She offers such a wide range of ceremony styles, and took the time to get to know us and understand what kind of wedding we wanted, down to the smallest details. She helped us keep track of deadlines and was so helpful on the big day!

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

After much research I came upon Reverend Joan M Pape. I wanted to find an officiant that we felt comfortable with and someone who would make our ceremony unique and personal. She replied fairly quickly to all of our emails and was very accommodating to scheduling a skype meeting since we live in a different state. Once we had our skype meeting we knew that she was the one whom we wanted to marry us and we just had to book her. She shortly sent us a questionnaire for us to fill out to help make the ceremony more personal, which I loved. She gave us samples of readings and a guide ceremony draft for some guidance. we were able to go through a couple of drafts perfecting it until it was the ceremony we wanted and she helped us through it all. On the day of the wedding she was beyond nice and professional. She did a great job and truly helped make our ceremony special. Thank you Reverend Joan M Pape!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joan was an amazing officiant. She was always very timely in her responses and provided several selections (both traditional and contemporary) for us to choose from. She provided guidance and advice that was much appreciated as we put together our ceremony. She was willing to meet with us several times to get to know us and to answer any and all questions. I would highly recommend Joan as a wedding ceremony officiant!! -Carly & David Mendelsohn

Profile Picture Carly, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

We are so happy we hired reverend Joan for our ceremony. Even though we were planning our wedding from across the country she still took the time to give us a phone call to get to know us and was very easy to communicate with through email. Also, Joan was very helpful when my husband and I were writing our vows giving wonderful suggestions and edits. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and how beautiful it was and that is because of her. Any bride would be lucky to have Reverend Joan.

Profile Picture Devon, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Joan as our officiant for our wedding. She is so friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We highly recommend Joan to any couple looking for an officiant!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joan was referred to me by a co-worker. After our first meeting at Panera Bread in Feburary of 2016 it was love at first sight! She has an amazing energy about her, wonderful sense of humor and much appreciated experience that will help you feel confident and secure in knowing your wedding ceremony is going to be everything you ever wanted it to be. Through scheduled phone chats Joan helped me piece together our beautiful ceremony and provided a much needed counsel for this stressed bride-to-be :) No matter what style of ceremony you desire Joan will accommodate you and your vision while providing top notch guidance. Look no further for professional, prompt, kind hearted service! Joan is your top choice for a wedding officiant!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, No Denomination

Joan and Karen were amazing throughout our entire wedding process. They both took a very personal interest in the vision we had for our personalized ceremony. Living in a different state, communication through e-mail and phone was essential to ensure everything was on track. I never had to worry that things were not being done, and that itself was a gift. Karen also made sure that things ran efficiently and smoothly for the rehearsal and actual wedding. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and would recommend them highly to anyone!

Profile Picture Michaela, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joan was amazing to work with. She was quick to respond to any questions we had and offered her help when we had questions. She helped make the process smooth so it was one less thing we had to stress about.

Profile Picture User7253211, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Joan was a pleasure to work with. She made everything easy and helped us to customize our ceremony to exactly how we wanted it. She guided us through every step and even allowed us to make last minute changes. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Look no further for the perfect ceremony! Rev. Joan has made our wedding absolutely perfect! She helped us customize the most beautiful ceremony. We have received so many compliments from guests on how personal and unique our ceremony was. She has so much wedding knowledge, and was such a calming presence for me. Talking to Rev. Joan made me feel at ease, and trust that everything would turn out right. She was always easy to reach and responded quickly. We loved designing our ceremony together. Before meeting Rev. Joan I was not excited about the ceremony. I felt like it was something I had to get through to get to the party. Now it is truly the best part of the whole day. I was more excited for our ceremony than anything else on the day, and it was perfect. She helped incorporate so much sentiment and personality. I recommend Ceremonies by Design to every couple!

Profile Picture Kari, 9/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough good things about both Joan and Karen. They both did everything to make our wedding day PERFECT! would highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Haley, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Joan was absolutely amazing! She helped us make our ceremony uniquely ours, and we received so many compliments on the service! Honestly, I think she is a bargain for the price! She was super flexible and very responsive to all of our last minute concerns and changes. I have no regrets, and am so glad we had her officiate our ceremony!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/12/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Joan was exactly what we needed. We got to customize our ceremony, reviewing every word that would be said, but she also walked us through the process of putting the ceremony together. She gave us ideas for reading, vows, unity ceremonies, and everything in between. It can be as religious or secular as you want. I would recommend her services to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Joan was phenomenal! My husband and I chose the personalized ceremony Joan offers and wouldn't have had it any other way. Our guests commented and continue to tell us how original and inspiring our ceremony was. We loved it and so did everyone else. The process was easy and relaxed. I would highly recommend Rev. Joan to anyone who is looking for a unique and personalized ceremony. She also provided us with a very nice booklet of our ceremony, which I absolutely love because I didn't remember to have anyone record our ceremony. So at least we still have the words :)

Profile Picture Suraya, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

She was extremely helpful answering any questions and she helped us create a unique ceremony.

Profile Picture User5620164, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Joan is the absolute best - super easy to work with, SUPER flexible, and such a calming presence - we felt totally confident placing our ceremony in her very capable hands, and she delivered times 10. Our ceremony was memorable and personalized. I can't recommend her enough or sing her praises more highly. Hire her now!

Profile Picture User6078728, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Agnostic, No Denomination

Reverend Joan was WONDERFUL! She was willing to meet us 1/2 way between our place and hers for our first meeting and was completely prepared and very knowledgeable from the start. She provided us with drafts of "traditional" and "contemporary" wedding ceremonies; each of which had multiple examples for each section of the ceremony. From there she let us completely customize our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. We picked our favorite pieces from the examples she provided and added in some of our own ideas. In the end, we had our dream ceremony. We got so many compliments from our guests on the ceremony. They loved how personal and unique it was. We couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Alex, 10/23/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

Reverend Joan Pape was totally awesome and is someone I would highly recommend!! She created a beautiful wedding ceremony!! She has many great ideas to share but is also very open to the couples thoughts and ideas as well. She tailors the ceremony to be exactly what the couple wants!! She is very reliable, efficient and truly enjoys what she does!!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev Joan was amazingly professional, and helpful in helping create the perfect ceremony for my wife and I. She took the time to get to know us, and our relationship very well before drafting our ceremony. She created an incredibly personal and intimate ceremony which gave us exactly what we wanted for our big day. I couldn't recommend her more highly as an amazing officiant.

Profile Picture Christian, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews