Ceremonies By Design Reviews

Ceremonies By Design 4
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Ceremony

Joan was able to capture our relationship and the right tone for our ceremony perfectly. We loved working with Joan to get the ceremony exactly how we wanted it. We received many, many complements on our ceremony and Joan. Would highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 07/06/2019
    Ceremonies By Design 5
    Ceremonies By Design 6

Erika Duelge · Married on 10/13/2018

Exceeds expectations

Joan is truly exceptional. She provided guidance and insights into our ceremony from the very beginning. She was able to capture the essence of our relationship from start to finish, and there wasn’t a dry eye in the place! She made us feel confident and comfortable with everything and when we renew our vows someday, Joan will be there for us again.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 09/22/2018

Joan did an amazing job for our wedding! She is very responsive, polite, and thorough. Our ceremony was beautiful and she was so helpful in helping plan the ceremony for two people who had little to no idea what we wanted. She took what we said and liked and helped guide our ceremony selections for the most beautiful wedding. It truly was amazing working with Joan and I feel our guests loved the ceremony and the special touches we added during the ceremony that Joan helped to create!

Sent on 09/25/2018

DiAnna · Married on 08/04/2018

Joan was referred to my husband and I through our wedding coordinator. We have only been to a few weddings so my husband and I weren’t really sure what to expect with an officiant. We are so thankful that we went through with a professional, like Joan. She brought up ideas that we wouldn’t have even thought of. She was extremely accommodating to meet with. She even responded to a text message that I accidentally sent at 8:30pm! There was no pressure to go with her as our officiant but we knew from our first meeting that we needed her. She made our wedding ceremony warm and memorable. She knew to take control before the ceremony and I’m very thankful for that.

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Ceremonies By Design 7

April · Married on 05/26/2018

Joan was the officiant to our wedding over Memorial Day weekend of 2018. There are not enough stars for us to give. Joan was great. She customized the ceremony to be unique. She let it be about us and what components we wanted for our special day. She truly made our wedding memorable. Guests commented all night about what a unique and beautiful ceremony. It was perfect. We would HIGHLY recommend Joan to any bride and groom looking for a personalized and customized wedding ceremony.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

Rev. Joan did an amazing job with our ceremony. Since we lived out of state we were only able to meet her over the phone before the "big day." Despite this, she personalized our ceremony perfectly and made it feel intimate and loving, and like we had known her all our lives. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

Joan created a very personalized and heartfelt ceremony that had our entire family talking about how it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. On top of making our ceremony so special, she was responsive, professional, helped us understand the steps of the license/certificate/etc., and had a lot of fantastic ideas to add into the ceremony to make it that much more meaningful. We couldn't imagine our ceremony being any more perfect than it was. We were so happy to have Joan as our officiant!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Jason · Married on 10/13/2017

Joan gave us the ability to completely customize our wedding ceremony from the ground up. She helped us perform a traditional Celtic handfasting, and allowed us to be outside of the "typical Wisconsin wedding" stereotypes. She holds no judgements regarding who you are, or what type of church/religion you attend. She's there to make your day the best day you want it to be.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

The moment we met Joan, we knew she would be the perfect fit for us. We met her at Panera for our first meeting and she provided a detailed menu of all her available services and we discussed what options would be best suited for our wedding ceremony. She made sure she got to know my husband and I and sent us detailed questionnaires so she could write a personal ceremony script.

When she sent the first proof, she truly captured exactly what my husband and I were after for our personalized ceremony. Her words were so accurate and true that they made us cry when reading them.

Throughout the entire process, she communicated and responded quickly and efficiently and made sure we loved our ceremony experience.

For the rehearsal ceremony and wedding day, Joan was consistently available for us and answered any and all questions we had. She was organized, calm, and made me feel very comfortable with the whole process.

I would definitely recommend Joan Pape to anyone looking for a ceremony that is personal, unique, and custom. It definitely is evident that this is her passion and I am honored to have had her as our officiant on our wedding day! Thank you, Joan!

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Ceremonies By Design 8

Hannah · Married on 08/19/2017

Joan did a fantastic job officiating our wedding! She offers such a wide range of ceremony styles, and took the time to get to know us and understand what kind of wedding we wanted, down to the smallest details. She helped us keep track of deadlines and was so helpful on the big day!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

After much research I came upon Reverend Joan M Pape. I wanted to find an officiant that we felt comfortable with and someone who would make our ceremony unique and personal. She replied fairly quickly to all of our emails and was very accommodating to scheduling a skype meeting since we live in a different state. Once we had our skype meeting we knew that she was the one whom we wanted to marry us and we just had to book her. She shortly sent us a questionnaire for us to fill out to help make the ceremony more personal, which I loved. She gave us samples of readings and a guide ceremony draft for some guidance. we were able to go through a couple of drafts perfecting it until it was the ceremony we wanted and she helped us through it all. On the day of the wedding she was beyond nice and professional. She did a great job and truly helped make our ceremony special. Thank you Reverend Joan M Pape!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Carly · Married on 06/03/2017

Joan was an amazing officiant. She was always very timely in her responses and provided several selections (both traditional and contemporary) for us to choose from. She provided guidance and advice that was much appreciated as we put together our ceremony. She was willing to meet with us several times to get to know us and to answer any and all questions. I would highly recommend Joan as a wedding ceremony officiant!! -Carly & David Mendelsohn

Sent on 06/13/2017

Devon · Married on 06/03/2017

We are so happy we hired reverend Joan for our ceremony. Even though we were planning our wedding from across the country she still took the time to give us a phone call to get to know us and was very easy to communicate with through email. Also, Joan was very helpful when my husband and I were writing our vows giving wonderful suggestions and edits. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and how beautiful it was and that is because of her. Any bride would be lucky to have Reverend Joan.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Joan as our officiant for our wedding. She is so friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We highly recommend Joan to any couple looking for an officiant!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

Joan was referred to me by a co-worker. After our first meeting at Panera Bread in Feburary of 2016 it was love at first sight! She has an amazing energy about her, wonderful sense of humor and much appreciated experience that will help you feel confident and secure in knowing your wedding ceremony is going to be everything you ever wanted it to be. Through scheduled phone chats Joan helped me piece together our beautiful ceremony and provided a much needed counsel for this stressed bride-to-be :) No matter what style of ceremony you desire Joan will accommodate you and your vision while providing top notch guidance. Look no further for professional, prompt, kind hearted service! Joan is your top choice for a wedding officiant!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Michaela · Married on 09/24/2016

Joan and Karen were amazing throughout our entire wedding process. They both took a very personal interest in the vision we had for our personalized ceremony. Living in a different state, communication through e-mail and phone was essential to ensure everything was on track. I never had to worry that things were not being done, and that itself was a gift. Karen also made sure that things ran efficiently and smoothly for the rehearsal and actual wedding. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and would recommend them highly to anyone!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Joan was amazing to work with. She was quick to respond to any questions we had and offered her help when we had questions. She helped make the process smooth so it was one less thing we had to stress about.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Sara · Married on 09/17/2016

Reverend Joan was a pleasure to work with. She made everything easy and helped us to customize our ceremony to exactly how we wanted it. She guided us through every step and even allowed us to make last minute changes. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Kari · Married on 09/07/2016

Look no further for the perfect ceremony! Rev. Joan has made our wedding absolutely perfect! She helped us customize the most beautiful ceremony. We have received so many compliments from guests on how personal and unique our ceremony was. She has so much wedding knowledge, and was such a calming presence for me. Talking to Rev. Joan made me feel at ease, and trust that everything would turn out right. She was always easy to reach and responded quickly. We loved designing our ceremony together. Before meeting Rev. Joan I was not excited about the ceremony. I felt like it was something I had to get through to get to the party. Now it is truly the best part of the whole day. I was more excited for our ceremony than anything else on the day, and it was perfect. She helped incorporate so much sentiment and personality. I recommend Ceremonies by Design to every couple!

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • Haley A.

Haley · Married on 08/13/2016

I cannot say enough good things about both Joan and Karen. They both did everything to make our wedding day PERFECT! would highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2016

Joan was absolutely amazing! She helped us make our ceremony uniquely ours, and we received so many compliments on the service! Honestly, I think she is a bargain for the price! She was super flexible and very responsive to all of our last minute concerns and changes. I have no regrets, and am so glad we had her officiate our ceremony!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kristin · Married on 07/09/2016

Joan was exactly what we needed. We got to customize our ceremony, reviewing every word that would be said, but she also walked us through the process of putting the ceremony together. She gave us ideas for reading, vows, unity ceremonies, and everything in between. It can be as religious or secular as you want. I would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Suraya · Married on 06/04/2016

Rev. Joan was phenomenal! My husband and I chose the personalized ceremony Joan offers and wouldn't have had it any other way. Our guests commented and continue to tell us how original and inspiring our ceremony was. We loved it and so did everyone else. The process was easy and relaxed. I would highly recommend Rev. Joan to anyone who is looking for a unique and personalized ceremony. She also provided us with a very nice booklet of our ceremony, which I absolutely love because I didn't remember to have anyone record our ceremony. So at least we still have the words :)

Sent on 06/10/2016
  • User5620164 · 2+ years ago

She was extremely helpful answering any questions and she helped us create a unique ceremony.

Sent on 11/16/2015