54 Reviews for Ceremonies and Celebrations

Single Religion (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Catholic (1)
54 Ceremonies and Celebrations Reviews

Irene was a complete contribution to our wedding----- Truly blessed to have found her. While she has many options to choose from the type of ceremony one may want, she made it simple, easy and stress-free.

Profile Picture Anthony, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene, is by far the best! She performed our wedding ceremony at Hotel Vitale in San Francisco & it was amazing!She is so confidence at what she does & definetly has a passion for it. I'm so glad we found her. Her professionalism is outstanding!I would recommend her services to my friends or family members who would love to get in the future. Thank you Irene your the best!

Profile Picture Evelyn, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

Irene was wonderful to work with. She sent a page of questions that we filled out and returned, and was able to craft a lovely ceremony that was about our relationship and our journey to the altar. We met prior to the wedding and she was able to guide our rehearsal practice just with the notes she gave us. She knows what she is doing and does a great job. We both highly recommend Irene. She's a very calming personality during the often chaotic process of arranging a wedding.

Profile Picture Spencer, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene was our favorite vendor during our wedding planning process. She was personal, warm and super efficient. We contacted multiple potential officiants in the beginning, but she was the only one who gave us the comprehensive details of how her approach would be. We knew she would be the one even before speaking to her. During our first phone conversation, we shared how we envisioned our wedding; she was a good listener and took a lot of notes. She sent us a questionnaire to get to know us better following our conversation. Next thing we know she wrote a beautiful personal story of us along with multiple versions of vows for us to choose. We also met her in person to rehearse what we need to do in the wedding. The rehearsal really helped us to get grips of what were the logistics, so we could fully embrace the emotions and joys during our ceremony. We don’t think our ceremony would be so warm, personal and touching without Irene.

Hilda and Bob

Profile Picture Hilda, 9/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene was the officiant for our wedding at San Francisco City Hall last month and came recommended by a friend of ours. The whole process was so easy and we enjoyed every step with her. She really took the time to get to know us with her questionnaires as well our in-person meeting. We could not have been happier with our wedding day, and that all started with Irene and the ceremony she put together. She made it feel intimate and special which is exactly what we wanted and we will remember her forever! Everyone asked for a copy of the ceremony afterwards because they wanted to be able to read her beautiful words.

Profile Picture Marissa, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were recently married at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park. Irene is recommended by the venue, and we decided to contact her. We are sure glad we did! After our first conversation with her, we never contacted anyone else.

We really appreciated how professional and experienced Irene was throughout the entire process and at the wedding. She had many examples of beautiful ceremonies, and we ended up building our ceremony structure from parts of the different examples. She was glad to accommodate any edits, suggestions, and requests -- she really just wanted us to love our ceremony. She had a detailed questionnaire that we filled out, and she used that to write a beautiful personal introduction story for our ceremony that we and our guests absolutely loved. Irene has an amazing speaking style and delivered the ceremony in such a heartfelt way. Many of the guests confessed to tearing up, and when I started crying happy tears, Irene was prepared with a tissue for me.

We really cannot imagine any part of the process or ceremony going better -- she was a joy to work with and succeeded in making a wonderful, memorable ceremony.

Profile Picture Diana, 4/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I received so many compliments about our ceremony, calling it "so sweet and personal," "funny," and "very special." We have Irene to thank. I don't think we anticipated how special the actual ceremony would be until we started talking to her. She provided us with resources that helped us customize our ceremony, making it a true reflection of our relationship and values. Irene did an excellent job at retelling our love story, guiding us through our vows, and her calm demeanor helped everyone feel at ease on the big day. I highly recommend working with her and I hope she exceeds your expectations like she did during our wedding.

Profile Picture Susie, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Non-religious

I found Irene when I attended a friend's wedding that was wonderfully personal, touching and humorous. I knew that she would be the perfect person to perform my marriage. I was right. Working with her was very easy. She is quite organized and provides many options and suggestions so that you can create a ceremony that fits your own personality and situation. She also provides questionnaires that the bride and groom fill out. She uses this information to write a personal story about the two of you that she tells during the ceremony. She has a calm and relaxed manner which really helps with nerves when you're standing up in front of everyone, but she is also lighthearted and there was quite a bit of laughter which was wonderful. The guests loved the ceremony and listened to every word. Many people told us afterwards, that our wedding ceremony was the best they had ever attended. We have wonderful memories of our day, and Irene was a very big part of that. I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Single Religion

We received a list of officiants from our venue. After receiving a few responses with different officiants and exchanging a few more with Irene. We decided that Irene was the one for us. With 3 weeks left before the weeding we are very happy that Irene decided to be our officiant. Irene was wonderful to work with. We exchanged a few question and answer emails and two weeks before the wedding we met with Irene in person. It was a pleasure talking to Irene and sharing our stories with her. She was very considerate about our background and any religious practices. We received a transcript of the ceremony shortly after and it included the stories we talked about in our meeting. She made it very personal and touching. All of our guests have told us that they throughly enjoyed the ceremony.

I would highly recommend Irene.

Profile Picture Chey, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows

Irene invited me and my husband to rehearse at her place since we were really busy and could not find time to rehearse everything at the church before. She insist that we at least go through everything one time. Moreover, she wrote personal stories based on the questionnaire she sent us and the story is perfect just as touchy and funny as I expect it to be. I have to say it is because of her sense of responsibility and professionalism that everything went smoothly. If you agree with me that officiant is the most important part of anyone's big day then Irene K is the one you can trust.

Profile Picture User6272597, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Single Religion, Catholic

Irene was the perfect officiant for our wedding this past October. Since my fiance and I were living apart at the time, we first "met" her on Skype and her calm and caring demeanor was exactly what we were looking for in an officiant. She sent us some questionnaires to help understand how we met, what our qualities were, etc. We visited her in her home office in Berkeley one month before our wedding and we went over the processional and some other details, and we had a lovely time meeting her in person for the first time.

With a few weeks to go, she sent us a draft of the ceremony, which we read and thought was beautiful. She also printed out our vows and kept them with her for the ceremony, which was a nice touch! On the day of the wedding she came up and saw us an hour before the ceremony to touch base, which we appreciated. The ceremony went perfectly; she had a loving, warm, and energetic delivery. The ceremony was very celebratory and had just the right amount of emotion and laughter. We were blessed to have had Irene officiate our wedding and we will remember that day fondly for the rest of our lives. Many of our guests had nothing but praises for the way Irene officiated our ceremony.

Profile Picture Beverly, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are pleased to recommend Irene as a wedding officiant. She was our officiant for our wedding in July 2015. Several people commented on how unique and personal our ceremony was and how impressed with Irene they were. She took time to read answers to questions on a questionnaire she sent us before the wedding; she incorporated these answers into the ceremony to give it that personal touch. She was easy to work with while composing and practicing for the ceremony. On the day of, she made the appropriate announcements regarding cell phones and guest participation. She made us laugh, she made us cry; she really helped make our day special.

Profile Picture Tracy, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows

Beautiful ceremony in Levi's Plaza Park in San Francisco. Irene was extremely helpful, very kind and caring. She made us feel very comfortable and made the day less stressful. My husband and I were very happy we chose Irene for our special day. (: Would definitely recommend her!!!!!!

Profile Picture Mariam, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were very happy with our decision to choose Irene as our wedding officiant. She was extremely professional and organized. I absolutely loved the personalized story she put together for our ceremony. I cried the first time I read it (happy tears!) I recommend Irene to couples who are looking for that personal touch!

Profile Picture User4458139, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Working with Irene was one of the highlights of our entire wedding planning experience. My husband and I didn't even know where to begin planning our ceremony. Irene guided us through the entire process and was very accommodating with our busy schedules. Her expertise and warm demeanor put us at ease, and the final product was just perfect. Our friends and family have all said how wonderful and moving the ceremony was, especially the personal details she incorporated. I highly recommend Ceremonies and Celebrations!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Immediately after our introductory call we knew Irene was the officiant we wanted for our special day. Living on the opposite coast made it impossible to meet in person so it was a pleasure dealing with Irene who was always so responsive, prepared, and easy to speak with. It was very refreshing to speak with someone who's flexible and more interested in hearing what we wanted rather than having their own established script. She provided many helpful suggestions in writing our vows and ceremony as well. We heard as many wonderful comments about our ceremony than our other wedding festivities.

Profile Picture User4654950, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene was the perfect choice for our elopement to San Francisco City Hall. We had to plan everything from England and without all the help from Irene, it could have been very stressful. We had a lot of contact before the big day and we have had contact since and with every email Irene has been very kind and helpful.

Irene is very warm, and obviously very caring. Her/our ceremony was perfect and we would not have changed a thing. She allowed us to write our own vows, with some help along the way, and we really could not be happier.

Thank you, Irene, for such a pleasant experience.

If you're reading this, you must need an officiant - do not hesitate to book Irene, you will not regret your decision.

Profile Picture Lindsey , 7/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

When we first spoke with Irene, we knew we wanted her to be our officiant. Irene is so calm and collective. Since our wedding party weren't close by, "rehearsal" was limited to verbal description. But I felt totally comfortable during the ceremony just because of her demeanor. Her words were very thoughtful and engaging with family and guests. We couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture User3584273, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My wife and I were married in the Bay Area on July of 2014. Being from Canada, we needed assistance on how to acquire a Marin County marriage certificate, how to commence a civil union and photography advice. I came across Irene’s website in a Google search of “Bay Area Wedding Officiants”. The layout was exceptional and I was able to answer some questions from her detailed site.

Irene and I then spoke on the phone after I emailed her to inquire on her availability. She was very professional and her response time to my emails was impeccable. Irene also had a number of templates depending on how we wanted to ceremony to go. We chose to go with a non-denominational Civil Union and Irene gave us questionnaires to fill out beforehand to add into the proceedings. The Skype call closer to the date was very useful. It gave my wife and I a better understanding of who would be officiating our wedding and was undoubtedly helpful for Irene as well.

Irene’s experience as a photographer also allowed her to point us in the direction of a number of photographers whose work she trusted. I was able to get in touch with Liza Head of Juniper Spring who did an exceptional job capturing the precious moments of the day.

After the wedding, Irene ensured the process of finalizing our Marin County marriage certificate was complete. We have stayed in touch over email and I would absolutely recommend Irene as an officiant. Without her, our wedding day would not have gone a smoothly as it did.

Profile Picture Fraser, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene Kane was our Angel. I can't express how comfortable she makes you feel and the genuine spirit she has. My fiance and I were so blessed to have been married by Irene. We will never forget our ceremony. Her warmth and caring nature shines through as she performs your union in what you will never ever forget. She will leave a lasting mark on your heart as one of the most endearing people you will ever come to know.

Thank you, Irene, for making my day so special. My husband and I will never forget you.

Profile Picture Monika, 7/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I recently got married in Clayton, CA. Irene Kane was our wedding officiant....we could not have been happier with our decision to have Irene officiate our wedding. As stated in many of these Yelp! reviews, Irene took the time to get to know each one of us through a personal questionnaire and in-person meetings. We had a cross cultural marriage, and Irene attended to these details very warmly and with professionalism. She even had many ideas on how to integrate both cultures.

Our guests throughly enjoyed the "personal story" she wrote and shared during the ceremony of how we met and our unique personalities. Irene spoke very eloquently and a voice that projected well throughout the hall we were married in. Her attention to detail was impeccable. We hired her for our rehearsal the night before as well. By the time she arrived, she gracefully organized and lined up the bridal party - calling each person by their name (this is her personal style - i felt I had known her for years - not just 5 months).

If you are looking for a very personable and reliable officiant, Irene is for you. She will make your ceremony (and wedding - our guests continued to talk about the ceremony at our wedding reception!), very memorable. Irene is truly doing her life's work. There are so many people out there with a "license to wed," but if you truly want meaning and passion in your ceremony, hire Irene. This is truly her calling...and it is evident when you meet with her and plan your ceremony. All the best in your wedding planning!

Profile Picture Krista, 11/16/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

When I wed my partner last week in San Francisco, I was was very happy with Irene's presentation and her care in helping us plan the perfect vows...Anyone seeking the perfect officiant for their wedding will be happy with Irene.....

Profile Picture Jerry, 10/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene put together such a thoughtful and well written wedding ceremony for us, we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had so many compliments from our guests and everyone said she performed such a nice and personal ceremony. She created a personal story for us based on a questionnaire that me and my husband filled out separately. We asked her not to show it to us before the ceremony and we were glad we kept it a surprise as it made the ceremony feel more special. Everyone enjoyed meeting Irene and we were glad she could also stay during our cocktail hour to meet our family and friends. Thanks again Irene.

Profile Picture Geoff, 7/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Irene was an all around great officiant. Very easy to work with, warm and friendly. She provided us different options to choose from on vows, readings, rituals, and other aspects of a wedding ceremony. This was very helpful - we were able to use this information and create our own ceremony that suited us by mixing and matching pieces we liked.

Irene also personalized our ceremony by getting to know us and writing a short personal history. We received several compliments after the wedding about how they enjoyed the ceremony and the warmth and personal touch Irene brought to it. Shortly after our wedding Irene provided us a copy of the ceremony as a keepsake, which was a very nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her during the entire process.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I cannot speak highly enough of Irene as a person and officiant. My bride and I are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with her. From the onset, we were struck by her calming and personable nature. She prepared us so well for the ceremony - which definitely made us less nervous and worried both before and during the ceremony. During our prep meetings, she always had plenty of options from which to choose - making it fairly easy to piece together the program. Irene also provided many helpful recommendations and showed clear command of various important details. I especially appreciated that she was flexible and willing to change parts of the program as we went along. Many of our guests were very complimentary of Irene - and she was a crucial component to help make our wedding a great success. If you would like to work with an experienced and compassionate professional who will put you at ease, you should look no further than Irene Kane as your wedding officiant.

Profile Picture Al, 6/15/13, 3 Reviews