Robin-Banks Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Alec
    Alec R. Getting married on 12/10/2021

Amazing Wedding Band

Downtown Sound was so great to work with start to finish. They helped us put together the perfect (COVID friendly) day! Lucy is so responsive and helpful and we just could not recommend them enough for both ceremony and reception. They sure know how to keep the party going! Thank you so much DTS.
  • Jamie
    Jamie S. Married on 06/05/2021

Let's just say, guests from our wedding are STILL talking about this band!

Wow, where do I even start. Finding a band for our June 5th, 2021 wedding was exciting yet somewhat difficult. My husband and I weren't sure what the COVID-19 situation would be like by the time our wedding rolled around...would there be dancing?? Would we have to cut our guest list?? These were questions that remained, basically up until a month before our wedding. Finding the right band was very important to us, but we also had more important things on our mind. My Dad had been trying to recover from a cancer surgery and other unknown health challenges at the time. He unexpectedly ended up passing away in March, a few months before our wedding. With the passing of my Dad, my family and I were devastated, still are of course. I made the difficult decision to move forward with the wedding, knowing that it would be extremely hard without Dad by my side. The good news is, Dad was able to listen to recordings of the band and helped me select them before he passed. This is where the tears come....Lucy, who is one of the lead singers of the band, was so incredibly kind the entire way through - from consistent communication leading up to the wedding, to the organized planning of our song selection, to being INCREDIBLY open minded and dedicated to how I wanted to honor my Dad on our special day - Lucy treated us like family. To better paint the picture of how AMAZING she truly is, many wedding guests came up to me afterwards asking if Lucy and I were long-time friends, or if she was part of the family and knew Dad. As Emcee of the night, she truly made those personal moments meaningful.

Ok, so now let's talk about the actual music. WOAH WOAH WOAH. So, as I mentioned above, we were concerned about people wanting to dance coming off of COVID...WRONG. When you hire this band I can PROMISE you people will be up dancing ALL NIGHT LONG. During the planning stages, we decided to eliminate any songs from 2000 and beyond and boy am I glad we did. We had every single guest up out of their seats dancing their butts off. Lucy, Josh, and the rest of the band were absolutely incredible. If this tells you anything, my sister went up and asked Lucy if they would play for an additional hour. She offered Lucy a Venmo payment on the spot! Haha! We didn't want the night to end nor did we want the music to stop. Every member of the band is all so incredibly talented and I promise you won't be disappointed.

I also had a custom song played when I walked down the aisle. Since Dad was not physically there, I walked down the first part of the aisle with each of my uncles (Dad's brothers) on both sides, and then they passed me to my Mom to walk me down the rest of the aisle. Josh sang "Walk With You" by Edwin McCain. There will never be enough words to truly articulate and express how beautiful he sang this song and how deeply thankful I am that he was able to give me that precious gift on my wedding day. Josh, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

At the end of the night for our special send-off, the band played "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" as my husband and I ran off into the darkness and up into the field. After running a good bit away we stopped to look back. The crowd was completely lit up by the barn lights, and everyone was waving at us goodbye as the band played their hearts out. It is a vision my husband and I will never forget.

Hire this band. You will be completely blown away by how much they care and how talented they really are. Watching all of our favorite people from all over the world, in one spot, with huge smiles on their faces, and coming together as they danced the night away was just magical. I know Dad was dancing his butt off too, and smiling that big ole' smile of his while he watched the band in awe.
  • Julie
    Julie D. Married on 05/22/2021

Central City Orchestra is AMAZING

The best wedding band!!! Working with Katie was so easy and she made the night amazing. They provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception and everything was great. The second the dance floor opened it didn't stop until the end of the night, and even then people wanted to keep dancing! I didn't have many song requests, I just wanted everyone to dance and they definitely did that! Super happy with CCO!!

Robin-Banks Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Julie!! We were so honored to be a part of your special day!!! ❤️❤️ Hopefully it will be an evening you and your guests will never forget!!
  • Laura
    Laura M. Married on 04/09/2021

Oh my gosh! They rocked the place!

Choosing this band was the best decision we made for the wedding! Totally professional and unbelievably talented. A joy to work with. Everyone complimented the band and guests who NEVER dance at weddings were on the floor! Our goal was for everyone to have a great time and this band was the key to making it happen. 200% satisfied.
    Brandy K. Married on 02/29/2020

Top Notch!

I hired CCO for my daughters wedding. They provided ceremonial, cocktail and reception musicians for the entire evening! They played all of our requested music and did an amazing job.
  • F
    Faith Married on 02/08/2020

Beyond delightful to work with!

I was able to communicate exactly what I was looking for, and they completely out did themselves. They were even able to display great flexibility and sing acoustically songs they weren’t even familiar with! They put in so much love and warmth on our most splendid day!
  • Rosie
    Rosie J. Married on 12/28/2019

Best wedding band

After seeing CCO at my friends daughters wedding I knew that when the time came I would want them too! The time came... my daughters immediate response was “no we want a DJ”. I guess it’s a millennial thing, we vetoed her! About 5 minutes into the first set, my daughter came running up to me”Mom this band is amazing!” Cue the “ I told you so’s! No one sat down the entire night, they are simply terrific. What a show, but not a show that steels the spotlight from the bride and groom, just a show that entertains both young and old. Worth every penny! My daughter is still telling me it was the best decision. “They made the wedding”!
  • Sally
    Sally R. Married on 12/10/2019

The Dance Floor was packed all Night!!

Katie and the band made my daughter's wedding so much fun!! She kept the party organized and rolling the whole night. She was super to work with! It could not have been a better night!
  • W
    Will B. Married on 11/05/2019

Best night of my life with this band!

Simply put, Central City Orchestra was amazing. They have such high energy, great style, and everyone in the band is incredibly talented. They are very professional, but very warm and friendly. Many of our guests went out of their way to tell me this was the best wedding band they have ever seen (including some guests who a band at their own wedding). Hiring this band will be one of the best choices you make for your wedding. I cannot recommend them enough.
    Samantha Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Wedding Day thanks to Katie & CCO!

Katie & her team played a huge role in making our wedding day absolutely perfect. To start, Katie was professional and highly communicative. She set up a call with us prior to our wedding to discuss logistics and put aside an hour of her time to ensure that the day would run smoothly. She also communicated with our wedding coordinator months before our wedding to discuss the size of the space and options for ceremonial and cocktail music. When our venue did not allow for amps at cocktail hour, Katie quickly problem solved and found an option that would work. The guitarist was amazing! Finally, on the day of the wedding, Katie and her team exceeded all expectations we had for a band. They played all night and had guests on the dance floor the entire evening. Our wedding coordinator shared that CCO was the only band they have ever had that took such a short break and even switched off so that musicians were essentially playing at all times. This kept guests dancing and excited to be there. We were truly blown away by the effort CCO put in to make our day so special! Would HIGHLY recommend to other brides & grooms!
  • Ella
    Ella M. Married on 10/04/2019

Top Notch Professionals

I grew up with musicians, been in bands myself, and have seen Robin-Banks Entertainment in action multiple times. They are true professionals and put on an awesome show. Better than when I saw Britney Spears live in 1999. You will only be disappointed if you do NOT hire them for your wedding. Do it.
  • Blair
    Blair M. Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible Band for any Event!

We could not have asked for a better band! Our wedding was heavily themed around music since we got engaged at our favorite music festival, so we knew we needed a great live band. Downtown Sound blew away our expectations and were absolutely amazing throughout the entire reception. They performed the perfect set-list and kept guests on the dance floor the whole night. Their energy level is great and musicianship would definitely be hard to beat. The band was incredibly easy to work with through the entire process and put all of our questions at ease. They even helped recommend and plan the last song of the night based on our wedding theme and song request, which ended up being incredible and we will always look back on that moment as perfect. We cannot recommend Downtown Sound enough and you'd be lucky to have them be part of your wedding.
    Lorraine R. Married on 09/21/2019

CCO Rocks!

CCO made my daughter's and son-in-law's wedding a blast. They were professional from the day we contacted them all through the process and rocked it the night of the wedding, They're fabulous!
  • Madeline
    Madeline Married on 09/14/2019

Best best best experience ever!

If you want to have the best wedding EVER, hire CCO! We got married this past September on the Eastern Shore and I was very picky when it come to who I hired for vendors-not only did CCO perform so well but they exceed every high expectation I had. They were organized and listened to everything I wanted. Katie even met me and some other vendors at our venue to discuss important details/timeline for the wedding day. She also called me (bride) a week before the wedding to finalize everything and go over any last minute details. On the day of, and I can't emphasize this enough, they were INCREDIBLE. I wish I could give them 10 stars, honestly. Every guest was dancing and singing along during our reception and it made for the perfect night. They truly made our wedding perfect and were hands down one of the best vendors. We are so so so happy we hired them, people are still talking about how we had the best band among any wedding they had ever been to! Several people have asked for their contact info to hire for their own future weddings. If I have not already made this clear, hire these guys! CCO are upbeat, fun, lively, and can play a killer version of "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. Love you guys and thank you for everything!
  • Johanna
    Johanna S. Married on 09/01/2019

Highlight of the Wedding!

Central City orchestra was SENSATIONAL! They were the most highly complimented part of our wedding. Katie went above and beyond to add special elements to our wedding that blew us away. Our friends and family instantly hit the dance floor, and we had the time of our lives dancing the night away.

Robin-Banks Entertainment's reply:

Johanna, it was our pleasure! Lot's of love to you and Matt. Thanks again for having us on your special day!
  • James
    James G. Married on 08/28/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever!

My wife and I were at a museum party and Central City Orchestra was the band. We loved everything about them - the musicians, the vocalists, the playlist and the energy. We knew that had to provide the music for our daughter's wedding. Everyone (literally) from 5 to 97 was up and dancing. Nothing but raves from all!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 06/08/2019

I Highly Recommend This Band!

My husband and I hired Central City Orchestra for our wedding this past June and they truly were the highlight of our entire night! As big music lovers, having a live band with great energy and sound was the number one priority for us and Central City Orchestra surpassed every expectation! They were absolutely PERFECT! We went to go see one of their showcase shows and we could hear the music outside as we walked up to the venue. Before even walking through the door we knew we had found our band! We loved them so much we decided to use them for our ceremony and cocktail hour as well which added that special touch. They are all such talented musicians! Not only do they sound amazing and know how to get the party going with their high energy performance, they were also very professional and accommodating throughout the whole process. They helped keep the flow of the wedding going and there was never a dull moment! They also learned a couple of our favorite songs which helped make our night even more special. Hiring Central City Orchestra for our wedding was the best decision we made for our wedding. Our guests still make it a point to tell us how amazing they were! Thank you CCO for making our wedding day the best party ever!
  • Tom
    Tom Married on 06/01/2019

10 out of 10!!!!

What an incredible band! The dance floor was packed all night! At one point during our daughters outdoor wedding, the power needed to be shut down for a little while due to lightning. CCO didn't let that stop them as the horn section continued to play and kept the party going. All night long, our guests started every conversation with, "where did you find this band?" They were shocked to find out that they were a central Pennsylvania band. Everybody assumed they were from NYC or Philadelphia. Katie was very easy to contact and always available as we planned the wedding. She worked great with us and the caterers to manage the flow of the evening. Everything was perfect! 10 out of 10!
    Mikah V. Married on 05/04/2019

Performed at my March wedding

Central City Orchestra blew the roof off the our wedding! We were a very lucky couple that had our wedding just before COVID hit. CCO met every expectation we had and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had! Thanks CCO!
    Corissa M. Married on 05/04/2019

Fun and reliable

We hired Katie and her team to help set up our wedding reception and also provide the entertainment. Katie was so personable and polite to deal with it was a weight lifted off our shoulders! Her and her team really understood what we were looking for and made suggestions about things that I couldn't have even thought about myself. From lighting to performance everything was perfect... and so much fun! This group really knew how to get everyone on the floor dancing and having a good time!
    Lauren F. Married on 04/27/2019

Absolute Best Band/Wedding Vendor!

Central City Orchestra was amazing! Not only were they extremely talented musicians, but they were extremely professional to do business with.

Katie was amazing to work with and went above and beyond what any band even came close to doing. She helped us not only plan out our music, but helped us setup the venue, times, and went through our entire wedding itinerary with us multiple times.

They were upfront about costs and did not charge us any hidden fees and we knew exactly what we were going to be charged from the moment we talked to them.

When we had questions Katie immediately followed up and we had answers within a few hours (if not minutes).

It was great to have them on our wedding day as they genuinely care about their clients and you can see it. It is not just a ‘job’ to the band, but something they love.

We had two VERY different families with two VERY different styles of what they expected at a wedding and Central City Orchestra helped pull our two families together with their sensational music, flare, and style.

We had many compliments on our wedding, but EVERYONE talked about how great Central City Orchestra was and how much fun everyone had dancing and singing with them. Our guests keep telling us that our wedding was the best one they’ve been to recently, and we truly owe that to CCO. Our dance floor was packed all night long!

The band even learned 3 special song for us! I am a huge Queen fan and one of the songs they learned for our wedding day was “You’re My Best Friend” for our mother/son dance and it was truly great, as well as a special Beatles song for my wife’s dance with her family. This was just one of the many special things CCO does for their clients. We truly cannot thank them enough, and if we have another event or opportunity to hire another live band, we will definitely book CCO again!

Robin-Banks Entertainment's reply:

You guys are simply amazing! Thank you so very much for such a detailed review! Lots of love from the CCO Crew!
  • Donna
    Donna Married on 03/31/2019

The Best Music in The Mid-Atlantic Area!!

Central City you were amazing...Perfect....people still raving about you. We hope to see you again soon!
    D. Mark S. Married on 03/09/2019

Central City Orchestra was Fabulous!

Our agency, The Arc of York County, hired Central City Orchestra for our gala fundraiser, our 2nd annual The Arc Ball and Auction on March 9, 2019. They were an instant and absolute hit with our guests, and Katie was wonderful to work with from the planning side of things. She worked closely with me to make sure that everything was in place and we had a good plan for the evening's flow. When we had an unexpected narrower timeframe to set up, the band worked within the constraint and were still ready to perform before they were needed. I had the chance to see CCO in performance both before and after we hired them for our gala. What I love about them is, as a group and as individual performers, they are so versatile and so consistent at the same time --- every time I hear them, the show is never the same; but it’s always excellently performed! The vocals and the instrumentation are always on point, and you can tell that each of the CCO members is having as good a time performing as the guests are experiencing their shows.
  • Michael
    Michael T. Married on 10/29/2018

Our guests are raving!

Our guests won't stop asking about the band. They really made the party great! They were loud, enthusiastic, and interactive with the crowd. I remember being in the bridal suite waiting to get announced and I could hear them through the Bridal Suite speakers - i honestly didn't know if it was the band or the DJ playing - they are that talented!

I wish i could post a video. I have 2 epic ones. They even learned the 76ers Song for us! and perfected it!
    Kristin S. Married on 10/06/2018

Central City Orchestra for the WIN!

We hired Central City Orchestra for our alumni weekend which included an audience of over 600+ guests during our grand finale event. Central City Orchestra did not disappoint! They were incredible to work with and our audience RAVED how great they were! Katie and her team had a lot of great ideas and were fabulous partners. Their stage /lighting was extremely professional and their upbeat energy was contagious! We look forward to working with them for many years to come!