Celia Milton Celebrant Reviews

Celia Milton Celebrant 6
Celia Milton Celebrant 7

Caroline · Married on 12/08/2018

Unforgettable ceremony

I got married last Friday at 26 Bridge in DUMBO, Brooklyn and Celia was our officiant. From our first Facetime call with Celia my husband and I loved her! We were both raised Catholic but did not want a religious wedding. She worked with us to create a ceremony that was personal, unique to us, and entertaining for our guests. Leading up to the big day we had multiple conversations and she really got to know our love story and what brought us together. Our guests are still talking about our ceremony and asking how long we've known Celia - people literally thought she had known us our whole lives. Some of my friends loved the way she spoke so much that they said she should have her own podcast. Also, when we signed a contract with her she sent us the cutest little box of sentimental items and just sent us a card saying congratulations again. She just makes you happy throughout the whole process.

If you are looking for a completely custom, personal, AWESOME, heartfelt ceremony...and want to work with an overall cool person, hire Celia.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hi! Thank you for your kind words. I think you created one of the most quintessential NYC weddings! From the moment that I saw you leaning against a graffiti-covered wall taking photos, I knew it was going to be a stylish, fun night! Best wishes for a lovely **married** Christmas!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Veneski · Married on 11/17/2018

Most beautiful personal ceremony

We love Celia! From the first meeting over FaceTime we knew we wanted Celia to officiate our wedding. She has the best personality and is so attentive to every single detail. As soon as we sent our first payement Celia sent us the cutest box with pre wedding goodies in it! Filling out the extensive questionnaire about our relationship and lives was a great way to reminisce about the years me and my fiancé had spent together. We keep hearing from our guests how personal our ceremony was and that is all thanks to the work Celia puts into writing her ceremonies. One of our guests asked us if Celia knew us personally because of the words she said. I can’t recommend Celia enough. Thanks for making our ceremony super memorable!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! It was so much fun to work with you; the setting was amazing, and there were so many personal touches (even the tiny bit of snow was pretty)! Best wishes for a happy *married* Christmas!

Holly · Married on 10/13/2018

highly recommend

Celia was the highlight of our wedding day! She took the time to speak with us several times before our wedding and get to know us which resulted in a very unique and personal ceremony that many of our guests complimented. She was also very helpful through the process of obtaining our license.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

You were such a joy to work with! Your families and friends were just delightful and the weather DID cooperate too!! Congratulations!

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Celia is truly amazing! She goes above and beyond to make sure your dreams and visions come true. She works with you to get to know you and tell YOUR story. We were in awe of how personal she made our ceremony. Our guests raved about how absolutely beautiful our ceremony was. We spoke so much that by the end of it I felt like we had known each other for years. Celia is so sweet and caring. We highly recommend her!

Diane · Married on 09/29/2018

Celia was WONDERFUL! Since the moment my husband and I spoke with her over the phone, we knew that we wanted her to be our officiant. She delivered the most beautiful ceremony and made it extremely special, personal and memorable. All of our guests kept telling us that it was the best ceremony they had ever attended – it had the perfect amount of tear jerking moments, but also the right amount of humor! Not only was our ceremony excellent, but Celia was great to work with. She worked closely with us throughout the entire wedding process and was always cheerful, professional, accommodating and readily available. I absolutely recommend her!

lisa · Married on 09/23/2018

Omg!! We absolutely love Celia. We first saw Celia perform a ceremony at my cousins wedding two years ago and I was in complete awe of how personal and touching she made their ceremony. What is so unique about Celia is that she truly listens to you as a couple and is always right on board with any changes/suggestions to your own ceremony. We wanted a ceremony that spoke about us as a couple intimately and our journey as a couple up until that point of marriage. In her ceremony script, Celia truly illustrates to the audience how the couple fell in love, what makes them work together, what is important to them etc. Celia gets to know you very well over the course of time with facetime, emails, and phone calls. We loved always speaking to her on the phone because of her lively spirit, great laugh, and happy go lucky attitude. Celia also responded with record speed with emails or any questions we had and also went over with us our ceremony script several times to ensure everything was ok for us. She also has great ideas about doing certain traditions during the ceremony or honoring certain family members. For the day of the ceremony Celia arrived early and spoke to all our vendors, we didn't have to worry about a thing!! She took care of our marriage license as well and sends you info on steps to change your name etc. We actually just received a thank you card from her for letting us perform our ceremony! She is the sweetest. EVERYONE who came to our ceremony said they absolutely loved it and how beautiful it was. I recommend Celia times a thousand.

Celia Milton Celebrant 8

Justine · Married on 09/22/2018

Celia put together a ceremony for us unlike anything our guests have ever seen and they could not stop raving about it! All we heard all evening was how unique, personal and beautiful our ceremony was. So many of our guests came up to us and said "It was like she knew actually knew you!" and "How did you find her??" Celia worked with us to create exactly what we wanted and put in so much effort into finding a balance between a traditional ceremony that our families were used to and the more non-traditional personalized ceremony we were hoping for. She was accommodating, helpful and considerate, always making sure we were happy and comfortable with the words she wrote. Overall, our ceremony was perfect and we would highly recommend Celia to anyone looking for that personal touch to their ceremony.

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

I lost count of how many guests came up to me and complimented Celia and our ceremony. Celia also helped us pick out a unity ceremony which was unique to us. She guided us through the marriage license, vows, and anything else we felt we needed guidance on. Thank you Celia! You are truly amazing

Sent on 09/03/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hi! And congratulations again! Thank you so much for your kind words; what a fun group of guests, and your lighthearted approach to your wedding really came through too. Best wishes for a long, happy, laugh filled life together!

Denise · Married on 08/19/2018

Celia is the best!! Our guests told us, over and over again, that this was the best wedding ceremony they had ever been to. We (and they) loved how personal it was, how it told the story of us as individuals and of us as a couple, and the little dashes of humor. Her enthusiasm about weddings is truly infectious. I still can’t believe how well Celia got to know us in such a short period of time, and it showed in the readings she found, the wordings she chose, and the traditions she suggested. We feel so lucky to have been able to work with her!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Congratulations, and thank you so, so much! It was so fun to work with you and to get to meet your family and friends. I know the weather wasn't exactly what you expected, but nothing seemed to dampen the spirits in the room! Best wishes for a fun-filled, exciting future together!

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

When I first spoke to Celia over the phone it was such a fun conversation that I knew we wanted to have her as our officiant. Unfortunately she had a wedding earlier that day and couldn't guarantee she would be at our place on time, which quite frankly I appreciated the honesty. Instead we worked with Cari [one of her associates] and boy was that a great thing too!

Cari provided fun readings that 100% spoke to me and my husband [we're the type of people who like to laugh] and she nailed it on the spot! Even now I have people asking me about one poem she read because it was hilarious. And I think it helps that people LOVED her voice [they asked me if they could have recordings so they can listen to her speak]. I fully believe officiants make the wedding, after all they are marrying you, but when your guests start to tell you on a consistent basis on how awesome she is.....that truly speaks volume to me!

Besides the ceremony itself both her and Celia were fantastic to work with- so on point and ready to answer me within minutes! I loved their suggestions and willingness to add/remove anything we did or didn't want and made our lives so much easier. I HIGHLY recommend them because you will never regret their high energy!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hi! Thank you so much! Cari is terrific and she does have quite the repertoire of readings, lol! I'm glad your guests had so much fun! Best wishes for a fabulous *married* summer and thanks again!
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/15/2018

My Wife and I have received many compliments on our wedding, but none with more praise than for Celia. Not only did she take the time to get to know us and work with us on what we were looking for in our wedding, but she moved our audience so thoroughly that we were still hearing about it weeks later. So emphatic is the praise we've received that we've learned that two of our wedding guests who were engaged, were interested in booking Celia for their own wedding!

If you are looking for an incredible public speaker and outright fantastic person to get to know you and perform your ceremony - I cannot imagine looking elsewhere. We can't recommend Celia enough and encourage you to consider speaking with her and seeing for yourself.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so, so much! Working with you was so easy because you really knew what you wanted to say in the ceremony, and you made my 'job' a breeze! Best wishes for many, many years of fun and surprises!

Susan · Married on 06/07/2018

Celia worked hard to get to know us as a couple. She was happy to include readings which were important to us. The guests loved her humor and relaxed tone. I highly recommend her!

Sue · Married on 06/02/2018

Celia was great to work with, she was patient and professional. She help tailored our ceremony to speak who we are as individual and as a couple. The ceremony was casual, fun and joyous! Thank you, Celia!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to be part of your wedding. Every detail really expressed your personalities perfectly! Best wishes for a lovely **married** summer!
  • I

Isaac · Married on 05/24/2018

Celia delivered an amazing ceremony! She helped us along every step of the way by personally Skyping with us, having us fill out a detailed questionnaire to personalize the stories and speech (which itself was an entertaining process), and was always available by phone or email. She has plenty of great ideas as well, for people who may not know where to start! She arrived at the venue early with plenty of time to go over the elements of the ceremony again, and the post-ceremony paperwork was filed right away. We couldn't ask for better. Thank you again!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you! You added so many personal touches to your wedding that it really did reflect you and your families in the most warm and gracious way! I hope you enjoyed every minute! Congratulations again!

Jeff and Yumie · Married on 05/20/2018

Call Celia, you will not be disappointed. Celia performed our ceremony last week and we couldn't have been happier. She was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning phase and helped us get exactly the ceremony we wanted. All of our friends and family kept telling us how beautiful and unique the ceremony was. Thank you, Celia!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank YOU! What a sweet, personal wedding day! AND as a bonus, you really managed to outsmart the rainy skies too. I hope you enjoyed every minute. Congratulations again!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2018

Celia is the BEST!!!! You need her at your wedding. Seriously. All of my friends and family have been telling me that our ceremony is one of the best they've ever seen!!! I could not have been happier with my experience working with Celia. Not only was our ceremony extremely special, personal, original, romantic, tear-jerking, joyous, and bring just the right amount of giggle (to keep me from crying), Celia goes above and beyond. After sending out deposit, Celia sent us a wonderful gift box full of little trinkets and gifts to celebrate our engagement and prepare us for our wedding day. It included mints, chopstick and tips for the perfect wedding kiss! Following up with our ceremony, she sent me a list of places I will need to change my name and send us a thank you card to the house. Just so sweet!!!!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! What a fun wedding; I really enjoyed discovering your venue too; it was so pretty! Best wishes for a fabulous *married* summer!

Nick · Married on 05/03/2018

Celia was the first officiant we spoke with, and we didn't need to do any searching after that! She's EXCELLENT. Our wedding ceremony itself was very important to us -- we wanted to create a really special moment for ourselves and our guests that would be remembered forever. We couldn't have pulled it off without Celia. She took so much time with us to craft our story -- and not just to get the details, but to understand the root of our relationship so she could convey it to our audience. Celia's incredible -- engaging, genuine, heartfelt, and funny! -- and helped make our wedding day everything we hoped it would be. We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Your wedding was such a pleasure! All the carefully planned creative touches you added to the ceremony and the reception truly made your celebration so unique to you. Best wishes for a fabulous *married* summer!

Robert · Married on 04/13/2018

Celia was amazing to work with. She was such a pleasure to talk to and she took the time to really get to know us. All of our guests raved about Celia.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you had such a beautiful day; it certainly became a participant in the celebration! Best wishes for many happy years together!

Suzanne · Married on 04/07/2018

Where do I even start? Celia Milton put together the most perfect ceremony for our April wedding at the Indian Trail Club. She took so much time to understand who we are as a couple and created a ceremony that reflected us as a couple. Our ceremony was funny, romantic, personal and thoughtful -- it was as if she was a family friend of ours who knew our love story and couldn't wait to tell it. Her tone and delivery was so calming during the ceremony that you could hear a pin drop. So many people have told us that it was the most personal, best ceremony they have ever been to -- and that is because of Celia. She was such a pleasure to work with and made us so calm leading up to the big day (indeed, she proactively called me to put my mind at ease when they predicted a snow storm in April and told me she wouldn't allow snow -- and she delivered on that too since it was a perfect day!). We cannot thank (or recommend) Celia enough.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! Snow? Nope!! While I like to think I have cosmic powers, the universe was truly cooperating with us, and I think all the cherry blossoms in the room had a magic all their own. Just stunning! It was such a pleasure to work with you and to have a chance to meet your friends and family; so much history together and so much enthusiasm for your wedding! Best wishes for many, many years of love and laughs!

Jessica · Married on 01/27/2018

Our guests asked us, "How long have you known the officiant? Which of you two grew up with her?" That's because she wrote the most personalized ceremony that really talked about us and our love story in a very intimate way. But we only found her through searching on this site! Celia took time to talk with us for hours - whereas other officiants quickly asked questions than told us pricing - and really worked with us to make sure everything felt true to who we are. She's also a beautiful, comfortable speaker who will engage the crowd (go to YouTube to see her very poetic style), and she'll make you smile and laugh the whole way down the aisle. We are so happy we found her!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so, so much! I have to say that I had a total advantage because you both were so enthusiastic about the process of writing together and gave me so much to work with! It was my pleasure. Best wishes for a long, and exciting life together!

Melanie · Married on 12/29/2017

I was referred to Celia Milton through a florist. From the moment we started talking I knew she was the right person to marry us. I am Jewish and my now husband is Catholic. She was able to provide knowledge on both traditions and when needed had personal resources she would reach out to. She was patient with me while we spent hours on the phone and exchanged various emails about the ceremony. No matter how many times my mind changed she went with the flow and offered guidance as needed. The ceremony itself was beautiful, unique and such a representation of both of us. I can't tell you how many people have come up to me to tell me how amazing Celia and the entire ceremony was. I can't thank her enough!! Chose Celia you won;t regret it!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Congratulations, and what a fabulous way to usher in the new year! There were so many interesting, personal touched to your day; it really did reflect your relationship and your families too. I loved that your uncle helped with the wine, and having close relatives read the 'seven blessings' was just so touching. I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful celebration!

Liz · Married on 12/02/2017

First and foremost, My wedding was 2 days ago and I have not stopped getting glowing feedback from all of my guests in regards to my ceremony! Celia was nothing less than perfect from start to finish! My now husband and I didn't necessarily have a clear vision of our exact ceremony but we knew the vibe we wanted --sentimental and serious without being mushy and stuffy. We wanted there to be some humor without it being one big, long joke and wanted it to feel important without being dull. Celia hit ALL of those points for us! We found her through our venue - The Barn at Perona Farms in Andover,NJ-- and she was just so easy to talk to that we knew she was right for us. After just one skype phone call and a questionnaire, she as able to get a first draft together of our ceremony that was just about perfect for us. She was helpful without being pushy and was able to capture all of the sentiments we wanted. She not only takes control of the ceremony so you really don't have to worry about anything but she also makes sure you don't forget any of the important stuff (like actually picking up your marriage license and bringing it with you on the big day!) I would HIGHLY recommend Celia for any wedding or event! She honestly made our ceremony perfect for us and I could not be happier.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Congratulations! What a fun wedding and such a beautiful way to kick off the holiday season; the decor was so gorgeous! I hope you had an amazing party. Thank you again for including me in the fun!

Stacey · Married on 11/04/2017

Celia officiated my wedding on 11/4/17 at the Tides Estate in NJ. The vows were personalized, light-hearted, not too mushy, and best of all, short! My hubby was super nervous and anxious so we wanted to keep it as simple and quick as possible. Celia put him at ease with her friendly and fun demeanor. Everyone kept asking if she knew us personally! Nope, she just made us fill out a 7-page questionnaire in order to get to know us and tailor the vows to our own love story. We wanted to keep it informal, funny, and brief and she delivered! I highly recommend Celia!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! Your wedding had so many beautiful personalized touches, and your style really stood out! I'm so glad you had such a beautiful day too! Congratulations again!

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

Celia is absolutely amazing and everything we could have hoped for as an officiant. She is super easy to work with, extremely creative, accommodating, and has such a unique personality. Our wedding ceremony couldn't have been more perfect for us and we owe it all to her. We also worked with Celia to incorporate both a hand-fasting and a ring warming--which we loved--Celia very quickly and efficiently taught our Best Man and Maid of Honor what they needed to do during the ceremony and kept us ALL very calm and confident. Celia truly captured us as a couple in her ceremony script, and also captured the attention of our audience. We received a ton of compliments on our ceremony and our guests couldn't stop talking about it!

Sent on 11/25/2017
    Celia Milton Celebrant 9
    Celia Milton Celebrant 10
    Celia Milton Celebrant 11
    Celia Milton Celebrant 12
    Celia Milton Celebrant 13
    Celia Milton Celebrant 14

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! It's always a pleasure to work with couples who have such a clear vision of how they want their ceremony to happen! I loved your flower rings too; every detail was simply perfect. Happy **married** holidays to you!!