Celia Milton Celebrant Reviews

Celia Milton Celebrant 6
Celia Milton Celebrant 7

Erik Herrington · Getting married on 03/05/2021

A Joy to Work With

Celia was enthusiastic, helpful, and open-minded. She helped us craft a unique wedding, was quite flexible in incorporating our own requests, and provided some much needed guidance where appropriate. We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you Eric and Victoria! What a singular, unique wedding ceremony! The setting you picked was simply perfect; I really can't imagine a better backdrop for such an intimate and intentional service.
    Best wishes for many years of love and laughs!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2019

Great Wedding!

Celia was recommended to us by our DJ and since the moment we talked I knew she’d have to marry us! She is so kind and caring, funny too! She put my mind at ease with a lot of things! She was of course patient with me as I love to procrastinate and so does my husband! The ceremony was amazing and she incorporated everything we love about our life into it!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you Danielle and David! Congratulations!!
    What a monumentally gorgeous day you had as a backdrop for your wedding. I'm so, so glad you got to take all your photos (and photos of the random joggers too) with the ocean as a guest!

Best wishes for many, many years of love, laughs and Cheddar Sour Cream Ruffles!!

Carla · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

Celia wrote a magnificent ceremony script for our wedding. She took the time to learn about us as a couple and about our vision for our celebration. She is warm and welcoming and recommended beautiful readings as well as rituals. Our friends and family were moved by the ceremony and gave us many compliments about how meaningful and personalized it was. She guided us through the process perfectly and kept our minds at ease. We were not able to have a rehearsal but no one could tell--Celia kept things running smoothly and seamlessly. She was a true pleasure to work with and we were so happy to have her with us on our special day.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Ashley Pollitt · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful!

Choosing Celia to officiate our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! Our DJ recommended her (after having previously booked her for his wedding). From the start, she was punctual, professional, kind, reassuring, and an absolute pleasure. She took away all of the stress behind, really, the most important part of the day... the ceremony! Celia 1.) learned our entire love story, 2.) drafted and shared a script, 3.) handled the paperwork, and 4.) advised "next steps" post-wedding. Thank you, Celia!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Celia Milton Celebrant 8
    Celia Milton Celebrant 9
    Celia Milton Celebrant 10

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Congratulations!! Thank you so much weighing in on our collaboration! While I'd like to take ALL the credit for the day, you made such smart choices; a terrific, gorgeous venue, an amazing DJ; that is such a good start!
    Best wishes for an exciting **married** summer!

Jessica C. · Married on 05/26/2019

Memorable ceremony

If you're looking for a highly personalized and moving ceremony, Celia is just that officiant who can convey your love story! From our very first call with Celia, she has been so invested in learning about us as a couple and how to make our story transcend into components of our ceremony. We worked closely with Celia in selecting readings and passages that were most meaningful to us. When it came to our wedding day, Celia's delivery provided the perfect mix of engagement and meaning. Many of our guests came up to us after the wedding and commented how much they enjoyed our officiant Celia and the beautiful ceremony. We are so pleased Celia helped make our ceremony such a memorable part of our wedding day!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hello! Thank you so, so much! You put so much thought into every detail of the whole celebration, it really reflected you perfectly.
    Best wishes for many years of love and laughs~!
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing experience

My husband and I got married 2 weeks ago and Celia was our wedding officiant. Celia was a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive to emails and phone calls and made the ceremony planning so easy! I got so many compliments on our ceremony!! It was exactly what we envisioned it to be! We highly recommend Celia!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! What a gorgeous setting, and such a nice group of guests too! I bet you had a fantastic celebration!

Congratulations again!
  • O

Olga Kuskova · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing experience

Celia and Michael did amazing job with our ceremony! Everything was extremely professional! We discussed everything in details and added personal touch to the scenario:) The team completely guided us through the process what gave us an opportunity not to stress about ceremony and marriage license at all. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so, so much! I absolutely love your venue; I hope you had a fabulous time. Thank you again for choosing us! And Congratulations!!!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Michael Yelle preformed our wedding ceremony & it absolutely beautiful! All our guests could not stop talking about it. We were the first in our families to do a non traditional wedding so people weren’t sure what to expect. Michael has a way of getting people’s attention & all feel connected during this very special moment! He’s personality was very welcoming & I love his sense of humor. He knows how to make to less nervous about vows. We are so happy to have found them for our wedding!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Claudia · Married on 03/23/2019

Made our day!

Celia was amazing! She tailor made our ceremony so it was exactly what we wanted. Every detail was adjustable and carefully considered and of course, delivered beautifully. The ceremony was perfect. For any couple looking for a wonderfully flexible officiant, look no further!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Congratulations to you! What a fun wedding, and such a lovely setting too! I thought the special touch of having *your* roller coaster on all the plasma TVs at cocktail hour was just hilarious!
    Best wishes for lots of love, lots of laughter and lots of thrill rides!

Caroline · Married on 12/08/2018

Unforgettable ceremony

I got married last Friday at 26 Bridge in DUMBO, Brooklyn and Celia was our officiant. From our first Facetime call with Celia my husband and I loved her! We were both raised Catholic but did not want a religious wedding. She worked with us to create a ceremony that was personal, unique to us, and entertaining for our guests. Leading up to the big day we had multiple conversations and she really got to know our love story and what brought us together. Our guests are still talking about our ceremony and asking how long we've known Celia - people literally thought she had known us our whole lives. Some of my friends loved the way she spoke so much that they said she should have her own podcast. Also, when we signed a contract with her she sent us the cutest little box of sentimental items and just sent us a card saying congratulations again. She just makes you happy throughout the whole process.

If you are looking for a completely custom, personal, AWESOME, heartfelt ceremony...and want to work with an overall cool person, hire Celia.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hi! Thank you for your kind words. I think you created one of the most quintessential NYC weddings! From the moment that I saw you leaning against a graffiti-covered wall taking photos, I knew it was going to be a stylish, fun night! Best wishes for a lovely **married** Christmas!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Veneski · Married on 11/17/2018

Most beautiful personal ceremony

We love Celia! From the first meeting over FaceTime we knew we wanted Celia to officiate our wedding. She has the best personality and is so attentive to every single detail. As soon as we sent our first payement Celia sent us the cutest box with pre wedding goodies in it! Filling out the extensive questionnaire about our relationship and lives was a great way to reminisce about the years me and my fiancé had spent together. We keep hearing from our guests how personal our ceremony was and that is all thanks to the work Celia puts into writing her ceremonies. One of our guests asked us if Celia knew us personally because of the words she said. I can’t recommend Celia enough. Thanks for making our ceremony super memorable!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! It was so much fun to work with you; the setting was amazing, and there were so many personal touches (even the tiny bit of snow was pretty)!

Best wishes for a happy *married* Christmas!

Samantha Wells · Married on 10/27/2018

Look no further!

Celia is absolutely amazing! She really took the time to get to know my husband and I and spoke such beautiful words about us and how we felt about each other. We had so many family members come up to us after saying it was the most beautiful ceremony they have ever heard. Thank you so much Celia for being so attentive and being such an integral part of making our day so special!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

You rock! Thank you so, so much for posting about our work together. Happy **married** Valentines' Day !!

Holly · Married on 10/13/2018

highly recommend

Celia was the highlight of our wedding day! She took the time to speak with us several times before our wedding and get to know us which resulted in a very unique and personal ceremony that many of our guests complimented. She was also very helpful through the process of obtaining our license.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

You were such a joy to work with! Your families and friends were just delightful and the weather DID cooperate too!!

Congratulations!

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Celia is truly amazing! She goes above and beyond to make sure your dreams and visions come true. She works with you to get to know you and tell YOUR story. We were in awe of how personal she made our ceremony. Our guests raved about how absolutely beautiful our ceremony was. We spoke so much that by the end of it I felt like we had known each other for years. Celia is so sweet and caring. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Diane · Married on 09/29/2018

Celia was WONDERFUL! Since the moment my husband and I spoke with her over the phone, we knew that we wanted her to be our officiant. She delivered the most beautiful ceremony and made it extremely special, personal and memorable. All of our guests kept telling us that it was the best ceremony they had ever attended – it had the perfect amount of tear jerking moments, but also the right amount of humor! Not only was our ceremony excellent, but Celia was great to work with. She worked closely with us throughout the entire wedding process and was always cheerful, professional, accommodating and readily available. I absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2018

lisa · Married on 09/23/2018

Omg!! We absolutely love Celia. We first saw Celia perform a ceremony at my cousins wedding two years ago and I was in complete awe of how personal and touching she made their ceremony. What is so unique about Celia is that she truly listens to you as a couple and is always right on board with any changes/suggestions to your own ceremony. We wanted a ceremony that spoke about us as a couple intimately and our journey as a couple up until that point of marriage. In her ceremony script, Celia truly illustrates to the audience how the couple fell in love, what makes them work together, what is important to them etc. Celia gets to know you very well over the course of time with facetime, emails, and phone calls. We loved always speaking to her on the phone because of her lively spirit, great laugh, and happy go lucky attitude. Celia also responded with record speed with emails or any questions we had and also went over with us our ceremony script several times to ensure everything was ok for us. She also has great ideas about doing certain traditions during the ceremony or honoring certain family members. For the day of the ceremony Celia arrived early and spoke to all our vendors, we didn't have to worry about a thing!! She took care of our marriage license as well and sends you info on steps to change your name etc. We actually just received a thank you card from her for letting us perform our ceremony! She is the sweetest. EVERYONE who came to our ceremony said they absolutely loved it and how beautiful it was. I recommend Celia times a thousand.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Celia Milton Celebrant 11

Justine · Married on 09/22/2018

Celia put together a ceremony for us unlike anything our guests have ever seen and they could not stop raving about it! All we heard all evening was how unique, personal and beautiful our ceremony was. So many of our guests came up to us and said "It was like she knew actually knew you!" and "How did you find her??" Celia worked with us to create exactly what we wanted and put in so much effort into finding a balance between a traditional ceremony that our families were used to and the more non-traditional personalized ceremony we were hoping for. She was accommodating, helpful and considerate, always making sure we were happy and comfortable with the words she wrote. Overall, our ceremony was perfect and we would highly recommend Celia to anyone looking for that personal touch to their ceremony.

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/07/2018

"Best ceremony I've ever been to" - direct quote from wedding guest

Celia was so wonderful, she crafted a personal wedding ceremony that everyone who attended the wedding was very impressed with. One friend said she hates wedding ceremonies but loved ours. Everyone told me they were laughing and crying throughout the entire thing. She managed to speak about us and our relationship as if she'd known us for years. She was very flexible, sent us multiple drafts of our ceremony and samples for our review. Truly could not have been happier with our ceremony. She is a very warm, kind and funny person and was so easy to talk to while we were planning our ceremony. She's very engaging and kept our guests engaged throughout the ceremony.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much! What a lovely wedding; really the quintessential NYC 'do'! I loved your idea to use the scale as a metaphor for balance in a relationship; it was a WONDERFUL idea and you KNOW I'm going to steal it, lol!!
    Best wishes for a happy **married** new year!

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

I lost count of how many guests came up to me and complimented Celia and our ceremony. Celia also helped us pick out a unity ceremony which was unique to us. She guided us through the marriage license, vows, and anything else we felt we needed guidance on. Thank you Celia! You are truly amazing

Sent on 09/03/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hi! And congratulations again! Thank you so much for your kind words; what a fun group of guests, and your lighthearted approach to your wedding really came through too.
    Best wishes for a long, happy, laugh filled life together!

Denise · Married on 08/19/2018

Celia is the best!! Our guests told us, over and over again, that this was the best wedding ceremony they had ever been to. We (and they) loved how personal it was, how it told the story of us as individuals and of us as a couple, and the little dashes of humor. Her enthusiasm about weddings is truly infectious. I still can’t believe how well Celia got to know us in such a short period of time, and it showed in the readings she found, the wordings she chose, and the traditions she suggested. We feel so lucky to have been able to work with her!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Congratulations, and thank you so, so much! It was so fun to work with you and to get to meet your family and friends. I know the weather wasn't exactly what you expected, but nothing seemed to dampen the spirits in the room!
    Best wishes for a fun-filled, exciting future together!

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

When I first spoke to Celia over the phone it was such a fun conversation that I knew we wanted to have her as our officiant. Unfortunately she had a wedding earlier that day and couldn't guarantee she would be at our place on time, which quite frankly I appreciated the honesty. Instead we worked with Cari [one of her associates] and boy was that a great thing too!

Cari provided fun readings that 100% spoke to me and my husband [we're the type of people who like to laugh] and she nailed it on the spot! Even now I have people asking me about one poem she read because it was hilarious. And I think it helps that people LOVED her voice [they asked me if they could have recordings so they can listen to her speak]. I fully believe officiants make the wedding, after all they are marrying you, but when your guests start to tell you on a consistent basis on how awesome she is.....that truly speaks volume to me!

Besides the ceremony itself both her and Celia were fantastic to work with- so on point and ready to answer me within minutes! I loved their suggestions and willingness to add/remove anything we did or didn't want and made our lives so much easier. I HIGHLY recommend them because you will never regret their high energy!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Hi! Thank you so much! Cari is terrific and she does have quite the repertoire of readings, lol! I'm glad your guests had so much fun!

Best wishes for a fabulous *married* summer and thanks again!
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/15/2018

My Wife and I have received many compliments on our wedding, but none with more praise than for Celia. Not only did she take the time to get to know us and work with us on what we were looking for in our wedding, but she moved our audience so thoroughly that we were still hearing about it weeks later. So emphatic is the praise we've received that we've learned that two of our wedding guests who were engaged, were interested in booking Celia for their own wedding!

If you are looking for an incredible public speaker and outright fantastic person to get to know you and perform your ceremony - I cannot imagine looking elsewhere. We can't recommend Celia enough and encourage you to consider speaking with her and seeing for yourself.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so, so much! Working with you was so easy because you really knew what you wanted to say in the ceremony, and you made my 'job' a breeze!
    Best wishes for many, many years of fun and surprises!

Susan · Married on 06/07/2018

Celia worked hard to get to know us as a couple. She was happy to include readings which were important to us. The guests loved her humor and relaxed tone. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Sue · Married on 06/02/2018

Celia was great to work with, she was patient and professional. She help tailored our ceremony to speak who we are as individual and as a couple. The ceremony was casual, fun and joyous! Thank you, Celia!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Celia Milton Celebrant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to be part of your wedding. Every detail really expressed your personalities perfectly! Best wishes for a lovely **married** summer!