Celestial Sights Photography Reviews

36 | Earlysville, VA

36 Reviews for Celestial Sights Photography

36 Celestial Sights Photography Reviews

Stacey · Married on 05/05/2018

Celeste was amazing. She capture all the amazing memories that made our wedding perfect. She was so much fun to work with and she was able to capture our personalities in our engagement and wedding photos. I can’t to work with her again. Pregnancy and family photos we know who to call.

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Celestial Sights Photography 10
    Celestial Sights Photography 11
    Celestial Sights Photography 12

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Stacey! I had such a great time with you both and can't WAIT to see your growing family over the years!

Kylie · Married on 11/25/2017

I'm so grateful that I found Celestial Sights Photography, not only was Celeste super fun to do a photoshoot with, she made us feel comfortable and her pictures turned out amazing. She caught all the silly, fun moments of my wedding but also the sentimental and intimate moments as well. She gave us way more pictures then I was expecting and they all were beautiful, thought out and the quality was perfect. I highly recommend her and her team.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Awww! Thanks, Kylie! I was utterly charmed by you :) I'm so glad I got to photograph your day!

Katie · Married on 11/11/2017

Celeste was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process! Our engagement and wedding photos turned out wonderful! She was flexible with scheduling our engagement session rather quickly since we had only hired her two and half months prior to our wedding. For our wedding day I was worried about the lack of daylight we would have due to it being in November and having a 30 minute drive in between the church and the venue, but she took control, was organized, and made sure we got all of our shots at both the church and the venue before we ran out of daylight. I didn't have to worry about a thing. She was very responsive throughout the process and a quick turnaround for receiving our photos. We loved working with Celeste, and to top it all off her photos are phenomenal! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Manda · Married on 10/28/2017

Celeste was amazing from top to bottom. I first contacted her about an engagement shoot, warning her that we wanted to be adventurous and had some fun locations in mind. She was totally down with that! So, of course, we did the same for the wedding itself! She braved ladders, broken down buildings, river crossings, and tunnels for us to get the perfect pictures. During the wedding itself, she and her assistant captured all the moments I requested and kept the portraits moving along. The photos turned out gorgeous and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Celestial Sights Photography 13
    Celestial Sights Photography 14
    Celestial Sights Photography 15
    Celestial Sights Photography 16

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Hurray! I am SO glad y'all love your photos! I had such an incredible time with you all!

Allison · Married on 10/07/2017

Working with Celeste was such a delight! We first met her for our engagement photo session, and she did such a wonderful job putting us at ease and also directing us (we were pretty darn clueless!). Our engagement photos were beautiful and had us looking forward to the wedding photos she would also be taking for us!! Celeste was very organized throughout the process, and made sure that we thought through what we wanted on our wedding day by asking us a series of questions in the form of a short worksheet. This was super helpful and made us sit down to think through all the group photos we would need to get that day. On our wedding day, Celeste and her helpers were efficient and organized, taking so many INCREDIBLE photos! She captured the day so well, and my husband and I tear up when we look through them. She caught so many lovely moments and all of our emotions on the day. Celeste was also very timely about getting photos back to us (for both engagement and wedding photos) and made that process very easy. I would HIGHLY recommend working with Celeste!!!

Sent on 01/01/2018
    Celestial Sights Photography 24
    Celestial Sights Photography 25
    Celestial Sights Photography 26

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Allison, working with you two didn't feel like work at ALL! You are perfect for each other, and I'm so grateful that we got to share in your special day :)

Cailin · Married on 09/23/2017

Celeste and her team were professional and so efficient on the day-of, which is what you need when you have so many other things on your plate. She is friendly, but authoritative so everyone knows where to be and when for pictures. They stay organized and on-schedule and make sure to get any shots that you want! We couldn't have asked for more from a photographer.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Such kind words! We had such a great time participating in your wedding! Thanks for letting us be part of your day!

Kirsten · Married on 08/12/2017

Celeste is SO good at what she does, and it's evident from the first meeting that she is attentive, responsive, organized, and - on top of all of that - absolutely passionate about capturing the sweetest, most precious of life's moments. She is a clear communicator, always speaks kindly but doesn't beat around the bush, and is accommodating to your requests and concerns. During our wedding day, she was PERFECT at keeping things moving, keeping people laughing, and quickly explaining the next shot so that everyone was on the same page. Our images turned out absolutely beautiful, and I would 10/10 recommend Celestial Sights Photography for your wedding -- you won't have to worry about a thing, and you'll get some seriously stunning images from Celeste and her careful eye for beauty.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Yes! All the laughing! I love it when my clients enjoy themselves throughout their day :) Every part of the wedding, even the photos, should feel like celebration. So many blessings!

Kacie · Married on 05/20/2017

I love my wedding photos from Celestial Sights! Photography was one of my biggest priorities for my wedding and Celeste did a superior job in capturing every little detail on my big day. She was fun and easy to work with which helped my husband and I to feel perfectly comfortable in front of a camera. The photos turned out beautifully and there are so many of them! Thank you Celeste!

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I loved working with Celeste for our engagement and wedding photos! She made us feel really comfortable in front of the camera, which definitely came across in the beautiful portraits she captured. Celeste was also a pro at herding our guests for group shots, even when we asked for a photo with everyone in attendance! She is both easy-going and organized, which made planning the elements of our photography package really simple. We hope to have the opportunity to work with Celeste again!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Thanks Rebecca! I had a great time getting to know you both and was so honored to be part of your day!

CJ · Married on 08/13/2016

Celeste did such a fantastic job with our wedding photos.

When we first started planning, I was hesitant to hire a professional photographer--we thought we'd hire a friend/amateur photographer in order to keep things "simple." But then we figured, heck, might as well hire a pro! We were so glad we did. Celeste is SUCH a pro. She got so many awesome shots & knows exactly what to look for. She knows how to find/frame you in the random chaos of the wedding day and make you look great even if you're a sweaty mess.

Celeste took the time to get to know us, and she was able to figure out the kind of people we are and the kinds of pictures we'd want. It was really a very personal experience without being overwhelming. Our biggest fear with hiring a professional photographer was that he/she would get in the way--Celeste *never* got in the way...but she somehow always captured the perfect shot. On top of this professional excellence, she's just a great person! Get to know her. Wouldn't change a thing about this experience. Also--those sunset pictures? Who knew we were such models?! ;)

Thanks, Celeste.

Hannah · Married on 06/26/2016

Celeste is THE BEST! As soon as I met with Celeste I knew she was the best fit for me and my husband. Not only is she super talented, but she's just a wonderful human being. Talking to her felt like talking to a friend and so I knew that I wanted her to be the one following me around on my wedding day.

First, her wedding package includes a free engagement photo session and ours was amazing. Celeste helped us a beautiful venue and and the photos were just as gorgeous. Now, my husband is not the kind to love having his photo taken, but Celeste did such an awesome job directing while also letting us have fun and be ourselves, that not only was she able to capture his real smile (the one I can never seem to get him to use in pictures) but hubby actually admitted to having fun and enjoying himself!

Second, Celeste was great, not only during the planning phase before the wedding but also on the day of. Leading up to the day she was very responsive and super on top of things. She's done so many weddings that she knows all the right questions to ask so I really felt like I knew what to expect for the big day. The day of our wedding Celeste and her assistant were awesome at wrangling our families and wedding party and making sure to get all of the specific shots I requested. She easily handled the chaos and got things done quickly and efficiently while still somehow making us feel loved.

All in all working with Celeste was 100% the best decision. She's awesome and our photos turned out so beautifully, even better than I imagined, and I couldn't be happier. Plus, Celeste also does family portrait, maternity, and newborn sessions, so I'm sure we'll be working with her again in the not too distant future!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Oh, Hannah! Thank you! I had SO much fun with you two, and I definitely can't wait for more sessions together :)

Celeste is super friendly and honest about her services, which we appreciated. We also liked the complimentary engagement session because that gave us a chance to get to know the photographer but also to understand our style too. The pictures in the church and on the water were stunning. Thank you!

Leah · Married on 05/28/2016

Celeste is amazing!!! Our pictures turned out better that we ever could have imagined and have received endless compliments on them already! Celeste also made amazing use of our time...capturing such perfect images without us having to pose and smile for hours on end (which my husband especially appreciated since pictures are certainly not his favorite activity). We also appreciated her sneaking us away as the sun was setting to snap some pictures that ended up having the most amazing lighting.

Celeste was so sweet and easy to work while staying organized and vocal with directions which we so appreciated. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

COREY · Married on 11/07/2015

Celeste did a wonderful job providing photography for our wedding. She utilized the engagement session to get to know us better and understood which types of pictures we valued the most. On the wedding day, Celeste and her shooting partner, Evan, did a remarkable job capturing all the most important moments, including those in the pre-wedding, ceremony, and reception. We were very satisfied with the quality of pictures Celeste produced and highly recommend her for any special event requiring the resources of a professional photographer.

Celeste was phenomenal! My husband and I had so much fun with her behind the camera. Having had our engagement session with a different photographer -who made both my husband and me uncomfortable- it was so wonderful to spend our wedding day with Celeste.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a sweet review! I want all my clients to feel like I'm just another friend at their wedding!
  • Heather AG

Heather · Married on 05/23/2015

We absolutely love our wedding photos! Celeste was wonderful to work with - she helped us determine the best package and price for what we needed. She is very professional and also very friendly, which made wrangling family and friends for portraits relatively easy. Of course, what really matters are the photographs - they are beautiful. We love how she captured the beauty of the venue and the ceremony. There are so many photographers to choose from - we highly recommend Celestial Sights!

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/14/2014

Celeste was the perfect photographer for our wedding! What first led me to hire her were just looking at her portfolio! Celeste uses light extremely well to make the most breath-taking photos! Additionally, she captures emotions, glances, expressions...truly MOMENTS, not "scenes," unlike any photographer I've seen! She will blend perfectly with the wedding party and be loved by everyone on the wedding day! She is sweet, kind, direct when needed, and always has a million ideas of great poses and shots if you feel uncomfortable or run out of poses of your own! I definitely recommend her! Also, her prices are amazing!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Oh, Thank you! I do have to say, I LOVE feeling like I'm supposed to be in the bridal party the day of the wedding :) Along with the bridesmaids, I want to help your day run smoothly and beautifully! Thanks!
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 08/09/2013

Celeste was wonderful to work with. She made me comfortable with the entire process. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

So glad you felt I was easy to work with! Thanks!

Bill · Married on 06/01/2013

We just got the photo cd in the mail and were able to relive the wedding once again through Celeste's absolutely fabulous photography. We are so thrilled with the pictures and it was such a pleasure working with Celeste. During her initial contact she met with my wife and asked many questions to learn, not only about the wedding, but about us as a couple. This attentiveness to the personalities was something we were very much looking for and she exceeded all our expectations.

During the events she captured every important moment of not only us, as the bride and groom but all the family and in fact every guest as far as we can tell. And she did all this without ever intruding on any of those moments. But she was so fun to work with and be around and got along so well with all the other vendors that we felt like she was there as a guest as well as the photographer.

Everyone I have spoken with since the wedding who has seen copies of the pictures online and previewed on her blog have remarked at how well she captured those personalities and how they "felt like they were at the wedding" even if they weren't. And that's exactly what we wanted out of our wedding photography.

She was open to every idea we had and facilitated first look photos prior to the ceremony so we'd have more time to enjoy our reception. She captured every aspect so perfectly and we could not more highly recommend her if you are having a wedding in Charlottesville or any surrounding central Virginia location.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Celestial Sights Photography's reply:

Love hearing from my clients that in their experiences my goals were met! So glad you love your photos!

We were so glad to have Celestial Sights Photography capture our special day. Celeste was professional, energetic, and very accommodating. We would highly recommend her!

Mita · Married on 10/20/2012

After searching for countless professional photographers I finally found Celeste's website. I wanted to have some professional pictures taken for my 3 month old little boy, for my engagement pictures and also for my wedding pictures. I am so happy to have found Celeste!! What attracted me most to Celeste was her personality, I think she and I just clicked from the beginning (hope she feels the same way too :-) ) even though we did most of our correspondence via email but I felt very comfortable working with her. Her quality of service is outstanding, to say the least. Her prices are also very reasonable. My overall experience with Celeste has been nothing but great, and I'd definitely recommend her to a friend or to anyone that is looking for a professional photographer.

• JonEll

JonEll · Married on 09/29/2012

Lance and I were so happy with the photography done by Celestial Sights Photography. Not only was Celeste a lot of fun to work with but we were completely thrilled when we got the pictures back! We have received a ton of compliments on the photographs. We are very pleased with the service we were given and the quality of the work. Celeste was assertive when we needed her to be and very professional. We were so grateful to have such a wonderful photographer!

Ana · Married on 07/29/2012

Celeste is amazing!
    She is friendly and professional. We were pretty awkward at first but she did a good job of calming us down and getting us comfortable in front of the camera. After a while it was like if she was not even there, and we could enjoy our wedding without being worried about pictures. Her use of color drew us in, and our pictures did not disappoint. I could not be happier with them. Thank you again Celeste!

Newly · Married on 04/21/2012

Great pics and she is so creative!! We had lots of fun with Celeste taking pics and look fwd to viewing more pics in our wedding gallery.