Celebrations Catering Reviews

174 | Thurmont, MD

174 Reviews for Celebrations Catering

• Sue

Sue P. · Getting married on 05/08/2022

We just can't say enough about this team of professionals!!

Looking for a caterer for your wedding? Look no further!!

We had the pleasure of working with the Celebrations Catering team in June 2017 when we hosted our daughter's wedding at Walker's Overlook. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that 3 years later our guests are still commenting about how delicious the food was at the wedding.

Fast forward to 2020, our second daughter and her fiancé planned their wedding to be held on August 29th at a venue that had an exclusive caterer...we were honestly devastated that we were not able to work with Chip and the Celebrations team again and frankly concerned that the food would not meet our guests high expectations!
    Fortunately for us, fate has a way of intervening. Due to restrictions caused by the COVID pandemic, we were unable to follow through with our large scale wedding, or the smaller gathering scheduled at a restaurant in Baltimore. Three weeks prior to the wedding date, the Mayor of Baltimore further limited the number of event attendees so our small, immediate family wedding needed to be relocated to our home. We had less than three weeks to coordinate this event...my first call was to Celebrations Catering with hopes that they would be available to cater our wedding.

I cannot even begin to tell you the weight that was lifted off of my shoulders when Meg Coblentz contacted me within hours of my completing their online form to let me know they were indeed able to work with us. I had no need to have a tasting, we trusted that the Celebrations team would develop a menu that would be excellent and they went above and beyond expectations. Their staff of professionals safely served beverages and delivered plated meals to our guests. Our kitchen was left cleaner than when they arrived. And, as expected, we once again heard compliments from our guests about the high quality, delicious food served to them.

It is hard to find words that express our deep appreciation for everything the Celebrations staff did for us to provide our daughter and now son-in-law with an evening they will never forget. Thank you just doesn’t seem to be enough, so I am taking the time to share this message with you. You will not be disappointed by your decision to work with this fine group of people.

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • Carla

Carla S. · Married on 03/04/2021

Above and beyond!

Amber and the whole Celebrations team went above and beyond for our wedding date! We had a postponed celebration a year after our first wedding and they were so helpful and kind (even when they had to do some work twice!) I am so so grateful we chose to work with Celebrations.

Sent on 04/07/2021

Sara A. · Married on 01/02/2021

Excellent Service from start to finish!!

We approached Celebrations Catering services for our daughter’s wedding during a very tricky planning time, in the midst of a pandemic. We were beyond thrilled with their communication, attention to detail, kindness, and the FOOD!!! The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of! From the initial tasting we knew Celebrations would be our top choice! Our point of contact, Meg Coblentz, was an absolute sweetheart and she always made sure we were happy and taken care of! In addition to their stellar service, Celebrations staff safely carried out their services in relation to the necessary COVID restrictions!! We highly recommend this catering company to anyone needing such service!!

Sent on 01/11/2021

Danelle D. · Married on 10/30/2020

Easy to work with

From our first meeting with Amber, we felt like we were in good hands. She knows her stuff, and was able to walk us through the decision making with ease. We didn't worry about anything on the day of the wedding, knew it would all run smoothly. That was a wonderful feeling, and it allowed us to really enjoy the day.

Sent on 11/07/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney F. · Married on 10/24/2020

One of the best decisions we made!

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was to use Celebrations Catering. We initially hired them for our big wedding in Frederick, but after COVID hit, we decided to downsize to a few of our closest family and friends at my childhood home in the Annapolis area. Tammy and her team were SO accommodating and took on our micro-wedding without a second thought.

Let's start with the food - it is absolutely INCREDIBLE. The grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters were a hit! Everyone said they were the most unique wedding appetizers they had ever had (chicken and waffles, mini burgers, bacon wrapped shrimp), and no one was left hungry. Dinner was beef tenderloin with mushroom sauce and crabcakes - SO delicious and really great sized portions. It was the best wedding food I've ever had.

But beyond the food, what makes Celebrations so special is the staff. They truly felt like part of the family by the end of the evening. Tammy's calming presence before I walked down the aisle was so appreciated, and she always made sure my husband and I had food while taking our portrait photos. Her staff were the kindest people I've ever met and I felt so blessed to have them there with us. They made sure everything went smoothly and handled our guests with such care, and I couldn't be more thankful for them. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

Go with Celebrations and I promise it will be the best decision you'll make for your big day!

Sent on 10/28/2020

Carol · Married on 10/17/2020

Wedding at Bluebird Manor

Celebrations was the first caterer to reach out to us as a new venue.
    I knew from our first meeting that Amber and Tammy were people I wanted to work with.
    After we had a caterer cancel at last minute (within 4 days of event and Covid) we called Amber.. within a few hours she figured out logistics and stepped up to the Rescue . Megan became our girl. She stepped up and took care of everything. Everything was run smoothly and turned out wonderful.
    I’m excited to have Celebrations As one of our preferred caterers and looking forward to working together for many years 🥰

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Susan

Susan D. · Married on 10/10/2020

Celebrations Was Awesome!

My daughter got married during 2020 (which in itself was challenging). We met with many caterers and knew immediately that we were going with Celebrations. Not only was all the food amazing but Amber was awesome to work with. I never had one worry knowing she was in charge. The team was respectful, masked, sincere, professional and very polite. I would recommend them 1000 times over.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Serena R. · Married on 10/01/2020

Flawless service

I’m not sure where to be begin...
    Tammy and Amber as well as all
    Of the other staff from Celebrations helped my husband and I have the wedding of our dreams. We had been planning for 2 years,
    Covid looked like it was going to threaten our big day but in the end it went off without a problem. Tammy and her team went above and beyond and decorated exactly as I was hoping. The food was to die for and the service was simply amazing.
    I can’t recommend their team enough. Thank you Celebrations!!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Michael W. · Married on 09/19/2020

The perfect caterers made it a perfect day

My wife and I couldn’t praise Celebrations enough. The food, service, and staff were more than could have hoped for on our wedding day. We heard over and over again from our guests that the food was outstanding as was the service. I would highly recommend Celebrations for any needs you have. They go above and beyond and provide the highest quality service.

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica K. · Married on 09/06/2020

Excellent Customer Service and Delicious Food!

Celebrations Catering met and exceeded our expectations! From the very beginning they worked diligently with us to meet us at our price point and deliver quality service. Chip runs a very efficient, professional, and successful business. Celebrations is a full service one-stop-shop for all of your catering needs. They provide absolutely everything you need to complete the details of your wedding. Not just delicious food, but linens and decor as well. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Ms. Amber Edmondson! She truly went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed for our wedding. She was so thorough and professional with every single detail. Every time we met or spoke she would recall details of our plans that I didn't even remember speaking about. She never missed a beat! I had a vision of placing lemons in the greenery on our tables and was just going to buy some in bulk the weekend of the wedding, adding another thing to my plate. But Amber quickly jumped in with a solution for them to add them to the order (for cheap I might add) and I didn't have to think about it again. She did so much of my thinking for me and made everything so easy. Every time I started overthinking things and stressing myself out with the details, I would talk to her and quickly be reminded that I had nothing to worry about and she had everything covered! She kept me calm and sane. She really made the stress of being a Corona Bride disappear. Chip and Amber were quick to help us reschedule our wedding date and worked with us seamlessly to accommodate all of our vendors easily. They were creative in providing solutions for every obstacle that the pandemic threw at us. Aside from their excellent customer service, the food was also absolutely delicious! Celebrations catered both our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding reception. The menus we collectively assembled fit my theme perfectly and everyone loved the food. There was also plenty food to go around and no one left our event hungry. The execution of the two events overall went so great! There were a few small things that didn't quite go according to the plan, but in the grand scheme of things weren't a big deal. I highly recommend Celebrations Catering!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Savannah H. · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing experience!

Amber and Celebrations Catering went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. The team was extremely professional, polite, and accommodating especially during this crazy year of 2020. We can’t thank you all enough for the experience and quality - we would highly recommend them for any size wedding or event !

Sent on 12/04/2020
  • Jackie

Jackie K. · Married on 08/29/2020

Most Professional Catering Service!

From the moment we started working with Celebrations we felt so at ease. Even though Amber was just a catering manager, she acted as a wedding planner making sure that every was taken care of. She never made me feel like I was reaching out to her too many times or asking her too many questions. When everything fell apart due to COVID-19, Amber helped me put all the pieces back together. Weddings are already so stressful and Amber made me fee like everything was under control and I could relax. The food was amazing and the service was even better. I would recommend Celebrations to anyone throwing their next wedding or event! Definitely ask to have Amber on your team :)

Sent on 09/28/2020

Robert D. · Married on 08/21/2020

Absolutely the best!

I would highly recommend Celebrations Catering! Amber was the best! Good was great, team was accommodating. Couldn’t ask for better caterer!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Bride

Hannah A. · Married on 08/21/2020

Excellent communication with us! They had a wonderful selection of linens and china as well as delicious food!

This catering company exceeded all expectations! We could not have been happier to have working with Amber. I truly am happy wedding planning is finished, but sad to longer work with Amber. She couldn’t have done a better job making our dinner amazing and coordinating such smooth transitions. Phenomenal! We wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/15/2020

Best Catering in the Area

My daughter just had a "COVID" friendly wedding this weekend. We used Celebrations for food, serving and linens. They were fabulous every step of the way. From our first meeting a year ago to the wedding many things changed (obviously) :) - the guest list was cut in a third, the venue was a place they had never been before, masks, for sure, were something a bit new for all of us. They never missed a beat! Additionally, they were nice through it all! They even came back the next day and picked up the linens since one of the employees lived not too far away. I guess I should mention we had many complements on the food! How nice is that? I recommend highly. Thank you! Jane (mother of the bride) and Sam (the bride)

Sent on 08/17/2020

Emily B. · Married on 08/14/2020

Professional and amazing to work with!

Celebrations Catering came recommended to us by a friend! We could not be happier with hiring Celebrations for our wedding! Amber was amazing throughout the whole process. From being a COVID bride and having to reschedule our original date, Amber was supportive throughout the whole process. She was able to reschedule our date and walk us through any changes we had with our guest count. She assisted throughout the whole wedding planning process and made my life easier! The best part that I will never forget, is right after our ceremony when we were taking newlywed photos, Amber came up to us with a tray of our hor d'oeuvres and signature drinks. Look no further and hire Celebrations Catering for your wedding!!

Sent on 11/20/2020

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2020

Bomb.com catering

Planning a wedding during Covid was super stressful, but Amber at Celebrations really helped to make sure our day was perfect. We had to switch dates and and then adjust capacity due to stare restrictions, which was handled with patience and care. We even ended up using them for our rehearsal dinner at our home, which was delivered promptly and personally by Amber. We heard rave reviews on the taste of the food and that’s definitely what you want for your guests to experience. 10/10 would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • April

April S. · Married on 07/10/2020

Great team, quality food!

Amber and the team at Celebrations was the best from our first meeting and tasting right through to the cleanup of our wedding! Leading up to the event Amber was so helpful and responsive via email and nobody wanted for anything the day of the wedding. I got nothing but positive comments from friends and family about how delicious the food was and I totally agree. One of the features that made us go with Celebrations is that they have a trailer with a generator and cook on-site, regardless of what amenities the venue has...I think it makes such a difference in the quality of the food! Additionally, everything flowed so smoothly; there were absolutely no hiccups throughout the night. We had a great experience and would totally hire Amber and her team again if we ever have a need to cater a large event!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Cora M. · Married on 05/10/2020

Everything we wanted AND MORE!

Celebrations Catering made our quaint wedding an absolute breeze. They took care of absolutely everything - linens, tables, chairs and food. Meg was incredible, she kept me calm before I walked down the aisle, was super responsive via email and text, and made great suggestions for food. People always say you won't get to eat on your wedding day, but not with these guys! They find you with food! They were super accommodating with dietary restrictions, even asked my grandmother if she wanted the appetizers without the seafood on site! The crab chowder is to die for, and they have excellent choices for your main course. We also opted for the s'mores bar and chicken tenders for a late night bite! We were stuffed! If I ever have an event in the area again, they will be my first phone call. Thank you, Celebrations Catering!

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Susan

Susan R. · Married on 11/05/2019

Beautiful and delicious food/drinks with truly perfect service!

Celebrations made all of my son's wedding weekend events lovely and memorable on so many levels! They are passionate about their food and service, which is stellar! Nicole was our side of the family's coordinator, Tammy and Amber and the entire staff all functioned perfectly with excellent attention to detail. The food was totally top-notch and presented artfully, personalized for our guests down to special requests for kid's meals and dietary needs. The servers blended seamlessly but appeared instantly to transition courses. They were loved by our guests, and were ahead of us every step of the way. Nicole is pretty much a miracle worker, she came through for us in a time crunch more than once. She planned and advised, decorated, helped serve, and afterwards was still super efficient and calm until our last box of decor was packed in our car. Celebrations made it all exceptional, we are so thankful to the whole amazing team!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Claire C. · Married on 11/03/2019

Wish I Could Give 10/10

Stop looking for a caterer in Nashville because Celebrations is it. They were the best of all of our vendors and went absolutely above and beyond and exceeded our expectations! We had guests from not only around the country but around the world and a lot of different dietary requirements - meaning we had a lot of different tastes to think about! We wanted to have classic Southern comfort food and our personal favorites, fried catfish and mac and cheese. My mom hates catfish and fried food so we were really pushing the limits with her - after she had the catfish, she wanted the recipe and said it her favorite dish of the night! We cannot say enough wonderful things about Monica, the team, and the food. Everything they provided was outstanding, presentation was beautiful and easy for guests to use, and they gave stellar service. Monica was an angel to work with in the lead up, did all the hard work for us and was incredibly flexible. On the day they were amazing and then even gave us take away boxes on the night of to take some food back to the hotel (which we quickly devoured after dancing all night). In addition to our little to-go bags, they gave us an extra special gift to have on the wedding night that really just added to their perfection as a caterer and vendor. We looked at a lot of different food options for our wedding and picking Celebrations was easily the best choice we made. Our guests have been raving about the food since and many have said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I really wish we could give them a 10 out of 10 star rating. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/26/2019

October Wedding

Absolutely loved Celebrations Catering. They are so accommodating and professional. The food was delicious and creative. Nicole basically became the second coordinator of day which was so helpful. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Kristine, G. · Married on 10/06/2019

Best decision ever!

We were so grateful we chose Celebrations to cater our daughter's wedding a month ago at Dulany's Overlook. It was the BEST DECISION EVER!!

I can't say enough good things about Nicole and the team at Celebrations Catering. They were AWESOME!!

From the warm welcome we received from Nicole at our initial consult to the excellent service from the entire Celebrations team the day of, I knew my daughter's day would be amazing and memorable.

The planning process was stress free with Nicole's help:) She is wonderful to work with and truly loves what she does.

My daughter's wedding day was absolutely MAGICAL!! The food was incredible and the service outstanding. Nicole and her team even joined in on the fun at my daughter's pirate themed wedding.

I highly recommend Nicole and the Celebrations team for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Paige S. · Married on 10/05/2019

Great people

Tammy and her team catered our wedding in October, and everything was amazing. Since the first time we walked in to do a tasting, everyone was so helpful and organized. The food was absolutely incredible and I couldn’t have asked for better service. Tammy most definitely went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I highly recommend.

Sent on 11/23/2019

June · Married on 10/04/2019

Simply outstanding!

Celebrations did an absolutely incredible job at my wedding! Nicole kept me updated and on track throughout the whole wedding process and was so easy to talk to. The food tasted amazing and she made sure we (bride and groom) were always with food and/or drink. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/16/2019