Celebrations Catering Reviews

160 | Thurmont, MD

160 Reviews for Celebrations Catering

• Sue

Sue Plitt · Getting married on 05/08/2022

We just can't say enough about this team of professionals!!

Looking for a caterer for your wedding? Look no further!!

We had the pleasure of working with the Celebrations Catering team in June 2017 when we hosted our daughter's wedding at Walker's Overlook. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that 3 years later our guests are still commenting about how delicious the food was at the wedding.

Fast forward to 2020, our second daughter and her fiancé planned their wedding to be held on August 29th at a venue that had an exclusive caterer...we were honestly devastated that we were not able to work with Chip and the Celebrations team again and frankly concerned that the food would not meet our guests high expectations!
    Fortunately for us, fate has a way of intervening. Due to restrictions caused by the COVID pandemic, we were unable to follow through with our large scale wedding, or the smaller gathering scheduled at a restaurant in Baltimore. Three weeks prior to the wedding date, the Mayor of Baltimore further limited the number of event attendees so our small, immediate family wedding needed to be relocated to our home. We had less than three weeks to coordinate this event...my first call was to Celebrations Catering with hopes that they would be available to cater our wedding.

I cannot even begin to tell you the weight that was lifted off of my shoulders when Meg Coblentz contacted me within hours of my completing their online form to let me know they were indeed able to work with us. I had no need to have a tasting, we trusted that the Celebrations team would develop a menu that would be excellent and they went above and beyond expectations. Their staff of professionals safely served beverages and delivered plated meals to our guests. Our kitchen was left cleaner than when they arrived. And, as expected, we once again heard compliments from our guests about the high quality, delicious food served to them.

It is hard to find words that express our deep appreciation for everything the Celebrations staff did for us to provide our daughter and now son-in-law with an evening they will never forget. Thank you just doesn’t seem to be enough, so I am taking the time to share this message with you. You will not be disappointed by your decision to work with this fine group of people.

Sent on 09/03/2020

Robert Declement · Married on 08/21/2020

Absolutely the best!

I would highly recommend Celebrations Catering! Amber was the best! Good was great, team was accommodating. Couldn’t ask for better caterer!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Bride

Hannah Achilles · Married on 08/21/2020

Excellent communication with us! They had a wonderful selection of linens and china as well as delicious food!

This catering company exceeded all expectations! We could not have been happier to have working with Amber. I truly am happy wedding planning is finished, but sad to longer work with Amber. She couldn’t have done a better job making our dinner amazing and coordinating such smooth transitions. Phenomenal! We wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/15/2020

Best Catering in the Area

My daughter just had a "COVID" friendly wedding this weekend. We used Celebrations for food, serving and linens. They were fabulous every step of the way. From our first meeting a year ago to the wedding many things changed (obviously) :) - the guest list was cut in a third, the venue was a place they had never been before, masks, for sure, were something a bit new for all of us. They never missed a beat! Additionally, they were nice through it all! They even came back the next day and picked up the linens since one of the employees lived not too far away. I guess I should mention we had many complements on the food! How nice is that? I recommend highly. Thank you! Jane (mother of the bride) and Sam (the bride)

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • April

April Shea · Married on 07/10/2020

Great team, quality food!

Amber and the team at Celebrations was the best from our first meeting and tasting right through to the cleanup of our wedding! Leading up to the event Amber was so helpful and responsive via email and nobody wanted for anything the day of the wedding. I got nothing but positive comments from friends and family about how delicious the food was and I totally agree. One of the features that made us go with Celebrations is that they have a trailer with a generator and cook on-site, regardless of what amenities the venue has...I think it makes such a difference in the quality of the food! Additionally, everything flowed so smoothly; there were absolutely no hiccups throughout the night. We had a great experience and would totally hire Amber and her team again if we ever have a need to cater a large event!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Susan

Susan Ritter · Married on 11/05/2019

Beautiful and delicious food/drinks with truly perfect service!

Celebrations made all of my son's wedding weekend events lovely and memorable on so many levels! They are passionate about their food and service, which is stellar! Nicole was our side of the family's coordinator, Tammy and Amber and the entire staff all functioned perfectly with excellent attention to detail. The food was totally top-notch and presented artfully, personalized for our guests down to special requests for kid's meals and dietary needs. The servers blended seamlessly but appeared instantly to transition courses. They were loved by our guests, and were ahead of us every step of the way. Nicole is pretty much a miracle worker, she came through for us in a time crunch more than once. She planned and advised, decorated, helped serve, and afterwards was still super efficient and calm until our last box of decor was packed in our car. Celebrations made it all exceptional, we are so thankful to the whole amazing team!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Claire Cunningham · Married on 11/03/2019

Wish I Could Give 10/10

Stop looking for a caterer in Nashville because Celebrations is it. They were the best of all of our vendors and went absolutely above and beyond and exceeded our expectations! We had guests from not only around the country but around the world and a lot of different dietary requirements - meaning we had a lot of different tastes to think about! We wanted to have classic Southern comfort food and our personal favorites, fried catfish and mac and cheese. My mom hates catfish and fried food so we were really pushing the limits with her - after she had the catfish, she wanted the recipe and said it her favorite dish of the night! We cannot say enough wonderful things about Monica, the team, and the food. Everything they provided was outstanding, presentation was beautiful and easy for guests to use, and they gave stellar service. Monica was an angel to work with in the lead up, did all the hard work for us and was incredibly flexible. On the day they were amazing and then even gave us take away boxes on the night of to take some food back to the hotel (which we quickly devoured after dancing all night). In addition to our little to-go bags, they gave us an extra special gift to have on the wedding night that really just added to their perfection as a caterer and vendor. We looked at a lot of different food options for our wedding and picking Celebrations was easily the best choice we made. Our guests have been raving about the food since and many have said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I really wish we could give them a 10 out of 10 star rating. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/26/2019

October Wedding

Absolutely loved Celebrations Catering. They are so accommodating and professional. The food was delicious and creative. Nicole basically became the second coordinator of day which was so helpful. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Kristine, Greener · Married on 10/06/2019

Best decision ever!

We were so grateful we chose Celebrations to cater our daughter's wedding a month ago at Dulany's Overlook. It was the BEST DECISION EVER!!

I can't say enough good things about Nicole and the team at Celebrations Catering. They were AWESOME!!

From the warm welcome we received from Nicole at our initial consult to the excellent service from the entire Celebrations team the day of, I knew my daughter's day would be amazing and memorable.

The planning process was stress free with Nicole's help:) She is wonderful to work with and truly loves what she does.

My daughter's wedding day was absolutely MAGICAL!! The food was incredible and the service outstanding. Nicole and her team even joined in on the fun at my daughter's pirate themed wedding.

I highly recommend Nicole and the Celebrations team for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Paige Schmidlin · Married on 10/05/2019

Great people

Tammy and her team catered our wedding in October, and everything was amazing. Since the first time we walked in to do a tasting, everyone was so helpful and organized. The food was absolutely incredible and I couldn’t have asked for better service. Tammy most definitely went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I highly recommend.

Sent on 11/23/2019

June · Married on 10/04/2019

Simply outstanding!

Celebrations did an absolutely incredible job at my wedding! Nicole kept me updated and on track throughout the whole wedding process and was so easy to talk to. The food tasted amazing and she made sure we (bride and groom) were always with food and/or drink. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Cathy B · Married on 09/15/2019

Baker/Ruiz 9/15/19

Nicole at Celebrations was incredible, she guided us through the entire process, was so patient when we couldn't decide on the menu and amazing ensuring we had drinks and food after the ceremony! Thanks Nicole!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Noelle · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Caterer team Ever!

Celebrations Catering is the absolute best !!!..not to mention the food is AMAZING! We will be be recommending their team to everyone planning a wedding and event!! We worked with Amber from the start and she is so sweet, nice, professional, organized, provided great guidance and expertise!! We loved working with her! I work full time hours so I preferred to email communicate in the initial planning stages- and she was so fast in response via email and I felt that personal connection through the emails. I know Celebrations Catering was it once I started talking to Amber! She is so detailed oriented, answered all of my million of questions and provided so much support. She really made us get excited for our big day!! The tasting was absolutely delicious and wonderful. Celebrations catering is so professional and allows that time for the couple to really experience the food and decide on the menu! They have so many amazing options from appetizers, meals, and even desserts! We chose shrimp wrapped in bacon, watermelon with feta and pomegranate reduction, crab dip, pork sliders; chicken Brusetta, beef tips with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, salad, vegetables, rolls ; for dessert mini cheesecakes, chocolate chip cookies, and mini choc mousse!! Our guests loved the food and mini desserts from celebrations. Celebrations also has options for plates, linens, glasses and supplied all of our drinks and mixers! They are the real deal!!! Celebrations Catering team on the wedding day blew us away with how truly professional all of their team members are, nice, and made the day focus on the celebration and everything running so smoothly! Their team made my husband and I a plate full of the amazing food- prior to our cocktail hour they made sure to bring us over a huge plate full of the appetizers- and truly made sure we ate and enjoyed the food we selected!!, rest assured that all guests allergies were attended to, family members going first in our buffet serving line! They celebrated along with us and truly were such a big part in making our wedding day the best day of our lives! I HIGHLY recommend contacting Celebrations Catering today and looking no further! They will make your dreams come true!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • MONICA

MONICA · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious Food!

I worked with Tammy at Celebrations and have nothing but great things to say about my experience with the team there. Tammy was super responsive and easy to work with through the entire process from planning our first tasting to the day of the wedding. They created some awesome stations for our guests that were very customized to our unique requests and even were able to flash fry pierogies for our guests on the spot which everyone raved about! The staff also made sure that we got to actually enjoy the food at the wedding which is a rarity! I would definitely recommend working with Tammy and the team for any of your future events!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly Recommend!!

From the first phone consultation through the wedding day, Celebrations was such a pleasure to work with. Nicole was our point of contact and she helped us create a menu that was personalized to us while still being affordable (and included an awesome S’mores bar!). We loved our tasting experience, and they even allowed us to do a second tasting with our parents once we had booked them for our wedding. Leading up to the day, Nicole dealt with more than a few panicked emails and phone calls from me and never failed to make me feel better because it was clear that she had everything under control. On our wedding day, the Celebrations staff was so friendly and professional and Nicole make sure that my husband and I had everything we could need throughout the night. I can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Carpenter Cunningham · Married on 06/01/2019

The Backbone of our Reception

We got married on 6/1/19 at Walkers Overlook and are SO grateful we chose Celebrations. They work with this venue almost every weekend and were the backbone of our 225 person wedding reception!

EVERYONE ASK FOR NICOLE! She is amazing. When we initially reached out for an appt, I mentioned to Nicole that I was interested in blue and white striped napkins. When we showed up, she had the table set and the napkins on display for me - I didn't even have to ask! We booked her on the spot. It is those subtle touches that you remember and that make this company so amazing. She was organized, detailed and on top of every single thing. We did not have to worry about a single thing.

The food was incredible, the service was outstanding and they provide every single thing you could possibly need for your reception. BOOK them, it is worth it. Thank you for everything!!!!! Shout out to you Nicole for being a rockstar!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/18/2019

Celebrations Catering is truly something special

Celebrations Catering is truly something special. The staff is amazing and consider yourself lucky if you get to work with Amber; she is a godsend. I threw so many curve balls at her and she gave me her suggestions and made sure everything worked perfectly. We wanted something a little different for our wedding dinner and we requested Peruvian food since my husband is Peruvian. They whipped up the most delicious food and it was simply amazing! We even served it family style which everyone loved! We loved their food and working with them so much we even decided to have Celebrations cater our rehearsal dinner! I do not know how my wedding would have ran if it hadn't been for Celebrations and Amber helping to coordinate the reception; she seriously did an amazing job from helping us to create a floor plan, helping us to create a time line, helping us to create a menu, and even catering to guest with special dietary needs. A huge thank you to Amber, Celebrations catering, and the entire Celebrations staff!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Libby · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Tammy, Amber, and the rest of the Celebrations staff were absolutely amazing and a joy to work with. From our very first meeting, they were prepared and eager to help us turn our dream wedding into reality. They truly captured our vision for the day. They went above and beyond than just catering the food- they helped with decor, timeline, bar service and above that they were patient and flexible with changes we made during the planning process (there were quite a few). Tammy was always very responsive via phone or email- always thoroughly answering all of our questions. Not only did they help with the wedding, but they also catered our rehearsal dinner as well- both events turned out better than we could ever have imagined!

In terms of the food, everything was so DELICIOUS!! We did family style and chose balsamic peppercorn beef tenderloin, chicken bruschetta, truffle mashed potatoes, crab Mac and cheese, and Brussels sprouts. And paired it with a fresh spring salad and bread with pesto to dip (so good and fit with our greenery theme). Everything was so delicious but we especially loved the crab Mac and cheese! To top it all off- they served an assortment of mini pies that were amazing - bourbon pecan pie was a huge hit. Perfect way to end the night!

With family style, Celebrations was on top of it - if there was ever a dish running low, the servers were there right away to offer a fresh bowl. We were all very impressed, they also made sure to bring the bridal party and bride/groom their own separate cocktail hour appetizers while taking a break from photos. We loved this!

Would 100% recommend this caterer to anyone looking for delicious food plus comprehensive service in planning your special day!! The entire staff was kind, courteous, hardworking, and professional from the start to the end. I can’t say enough good things about this company! Hire them!!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Bella

Bella · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful catering company

We has such an amazing experience with Celebrations catering. The chef went out of his way to experiment and customize Asian fusion dishes for our guests . Amber is our catering coordinator, and we're so thankful for her organizing skills, professionalism, and creativity. Amber and her team think about every little detail to make our party go smoothly. If you're looking for a trustworthy catering company with fair pricing, Celebrations Catering is definitely the one.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Marion Barrie · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful Expetience

Great service, exquisite food!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Veverka · Married on 01/11/2019

Look no further!

I cannot stress enough that Tammy and her team at Celebrations will make you feel like you are on top of the world! My husband and I were from 4 hours away and were concerned with planning while at a distance, but Tammy put us at ease with food, china, linens, and many other planning aspects. She is truly a rock star and knows the in’s and out’s of the business. Our guests are still talking about how our food was the best they’ve had in a long time; especially the crab cakes (which is special since Marylanders don’t mess around with crab)! They were also so shocked to hear that my husband and I had already eaten dinner when we started walking around to welcome guests. Tammy made a point to place herself and a server in front of our table, so that we had a chance to chat with each other and eat our much-anticipated food! If this isn’t enough, we will forever be grateful for Celebrations and Tammy for bringing my husband and I into a quiet room in the venue to have a few moments alone with each other to enjoy our cocktail hour food and mini margaritas! I will forever remember that moment of my day and I have this wonderful team to thank for that.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Kassab · Married on 11/03/2018

Everything & MORE! They ROCK!!! :)

They’re family now! My older sister and twin brother both hired Celebrations for their weddings, while I didn’t want all the same things as my siblings, for my own wedding— hiring Celebrations was MOST DEFINITELY one thing I would “repeat” no question! Not only is their food delicious—I mean EVERYTHING! The presentation is creative & beautiful! Oh and their entire staff is a dream to work with!!! Extra shout-out to my girls: Tammy & Amber who handled the major logistics for my wedding! They were so personable and bending over backwards to help my dream wedding become a reality! From start to finish, they guided my family, (now) husband and I with every step & made it FUN! We chose to have a “late night snack” instead of cake—soft pretzel bar and cookie dough bites were more our thing! Without us even requesting, they handmade the coolest custom pretzel bar for our wedding—that’s just one example of their exceptional customer service! They are always slammed with events and weddings, but they made us feel like we were their only clients and top priority, always! We cannot express how grateful we are to have found them and have celebrated so many magical weddings with the help of their amazing team!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Kara Beisswanger · Married on 10/20/2018

Above and beyond expectations

Choosing Celebrations was the best decision I made for my wedding day. Tammy and Nicole made sure that all my needs were met and they surpassed my expectations. My venue was a bit hard to deal with and Celebrations made sure to pick up the pieces and help with everything they could. The food was AMAZING (thanks Amber!), service was perfection (servers made sure to feed the groom and I during cocktail hour which we greatly appreciated), and the night was seamless thanks to Celebrations. They were very responsive and reasonably priced, I am so happy we hired them and highly recommend them for anyones catering needs!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Carmen

Carmen · Married on 10/19/2018

Above and beyond

Celebrations Catering was one of the preferred vendors by our venue, and we understand why. Celebrations Catering was professional and affordable. We worked with Tammy, and she was an absolute delight! She provided an initial quote, and was very accommodating to all of our requests, and wasn’t pushy at all. She checked in on us before the wedding, and was super helpful for the big day. Tammy and her staff not only helped us with our catering needs by providing delicious food and service, but they helped with decorating the reception space. When I walked into the reception, I was blown away with how beautiful it looked. Tammy and her staff helped to add that special touch, and made sure that all of the guests got their food in a timely manner. We are so thankful for Tammy and the rest of the Celebrations Catering staff for all of the hard work that they put in to help make our wedding perfect.

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Day!

I cannot recommend Nicole and the celebrations team enough. The food was amazing, the bar tenders and staff were amazing, and Nicole saved the day on many occasions without even needing to involve us. Five stars!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018