Celebrations Catering & Special Events Reviews

96 Celebrations Catering & Special Events Reviews
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Smith · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent Job

We were required by our venue to use Celebrations Catering, but they did an incredible job. The process was pretty easy and Vivian made herself very accessible by email. They were very flexible and had no problem with changing things out and making substitutions.

For the wedding they were absolutely incredible! The Banquet Captain did a great job of checking in with us (the bride and groom) to see if we needed anything. She brought us snacks and drinks during photos so that we could also enjoy the cocktail hour as well. The bartender who had been at our tasting brought us some special mixed drinks once dinner started.

Their staff was incredibly accommodating, friendly and on top of everything from the moment they arrived to packing everything up to leave. We would definitely recommend them to anyone!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 08/11/2018

Celebrations was the required vendor for our venue, and we were highly satisfied with the variety of buffet choices, as well as their flexibility in tailoring the menu to fit our needs. Our tasting was wonderful, and we were happy with the linen colors and rental options. They provided the option for child meals, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free meals ad appetizers.

We went with the BBQ Chic and it was DELICIOUS!

Erin · Married on 07/29/2018

I highly recommend Celebrations Catering! The food was wonderful and they worked with us to provide the couple and guests with options and a great variety!

Susie · Married on 06/23/2018

The food was absolutely phenomenal! Everyone was raving all night about how great the food was!!!

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2017

Celebrations Catering food is DELICIOUS. We had the BBQ Chiq menu for our wedding - all of our guests loved it. For cocktail hour we had meatballs, crab dip, and a cheese spread. We worked with Vivian to coordinate our menu and tasting - she was very responsive and helpful in planning. On the day of, the catering staff went above and beyond. They set up everything perfectly, the food was amazing, the bartenders were great - it couldn't have been better.

Joia · Married on 07/16/2017

Although we were required to use this vendor by our venue, we were absolutely pleased and impressed with them throughout the planning process - and, especially, on the big day! Honestly, having such amazing food and such an incredible staff "required" took planning stress away from us - I'd highly recommend Celebrations Catering for any event! Vivian worked with us to design an incredible menu and made sure to assist with special meal options for some of our guests (vegan, children). The complimentary tasting was done professionally, in a beautiful location, and allowed us to fine tune the selections we'd made. And then we get to wedding day - we were BLOWN AWAY by the celebrity treatment we got from the 10-crew staff. They anticipated our every need (kept our drinks full, carried our buffet plates to our sweetheart table, brought food/drinks to our photography shoot, etc.), overwhelmed us with kindness and professionalism, and made our wedding so incredibly wonderful! The food was AMAZING, and all of the guests raved about how deliciously full they were! THANK YOU for being an absolutely perfect company, from beginning to end, to cater such an important day for us!

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

I recently had my wedding at Rosemont Manor and had Celebrations Catering cater our reception and our rehearsal dinner. David worked with us to design menus for both nights that our guests (and us!) enjoyed immensely. We got a lot of compliments on how delicious the food was and we were so impressed with the service of the catering staff. We were especially impressed with our banquet captain, Adolfo, who went above and beyond to make us feel like royalty on our special day. We highly recommend Celebrations Catering and couldn't be more pleased with their service.

Pam · Married on 07/03/2017

I am a mother of the bride and I just want to say that Celebrations Catering made my daughter's wedding day run so smoothly that I had a wonderful day. We had our event at Historic Rosemont Manor in Berryville Virginia and Celebrations is their most frequent caterer. First of all the chef, David O. Weinschel was extremely nice and accessible. He charmed us at our tasting, made delicious food and patiently answered our questions via email. The way our venue works it, you not only have your food from Celebrations but you are also renting your tables, chairs, linens and glassware from them, so it may seem pricey, but you have to realize what you are getting for that price. When Adolfo and Walter showed up around 2 for a 5 pm wedding I wondered how they would get it all done (they had set up the tables the previous day), but they worked very hard and had everything ready with a half an hour to spare. The bar operated seamlessly (the venue and the caterer allowed us to buy our own alcohol which was a substantial savings), the dinner was served promptly and was hot and delicious, and everyone had ready access to all the water, tea, and coffee they wanted (even before the ceremony). Adolfo was incredibly polite, checked in with myself and the father of the bride several times, and his staff impressively moved a huge cake twice with no disasters. I am told he has 20 years of experience and it showed. I would highly recommend this caterer and this venue.

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2017

Attentive and professional, Celebrations is without a doubt the best you can get. The food is amazing and the staff work very hard to make your event a success.

Edna · Married on 05/14/2017

Vivian and her staff are amazing! We hired them bc they were the only carter accepted in the first venue we booked. Then, about 60 days before the wedding, we decided to have it at Morais Vineyards. Vivian was okay with working in there as well. It was perfect, since we didn't have to deal with choosing another carter, or loose our pre-payment. The table sets we rented from her were so beautiful, and appropriated for the new venue. Everything run so smoothie in our wedding day, that we did not have any stress. Vivian took care of everything! I loved that we hired her, and I totally recommend her company to other brides do be :)

Karol · Married on 10/22/2016

Vivian and her staff are excellent! They go to all extents to make your event special and worry free! Vivian was on top of every little detail. She listened to our wants and needs, added great suggestions, and stayed with us through the entire process of creating a magical wedding reception for our daughter! The food was marvelous - all of the guests remarked on how good everything was - and there was a wide menu to chose from! I wholeheartedly recommend Celebrations to everyone who appreciates friendly & professional staff, high quality food and service - with the added benefit of the personal touch to make your event everything you dreamed of!

Rachael · Married on 10/08/2016

We had the pleasure of working with Vivian and her team for our wedding at Lost Creek. The food was amazing and we received many compliments from guests afterwards. Vivian is a rockstar, she ran our event flawlessly from start to finish and ensured that the night went off without a hitch. She made sure that everyone involved knew what was going on and where to be at what times. She was very responsive throughout the whole process and provided a detailed, itemized bill that made it easy to see what you were paying for. All the servers and bartenders were excellent and there was never a long line at the bar and the tables were clean.

Celebrations catering was amazing. The food was great and the service was spectacular. The servers were friendly, attentive and very professional. There were so many little details that they took care of without being asked. They allowed us to bring our own alcohol and didn't charge a corkage fee. There was also no cake cutting fee. They are very upfront about their prices and easy to work with. They also do not add on a tip. You just pay the servers and chefs a tip at the end of the night as they refuse tips from guests.

Celebrations catered our wedding. The employees were incredible throughout our entire wedding. The food was spectacular. This company knows what they are doing and they do it well! I highly recommend Celebrations Catering and will use them again.

David and Kristen · Married on 06/04/2016

Vivian and her team were absolutely incredible! The entire reception and service ran like a well oiled machine and they took fantastic care of us as the bride and groom as well as all of the guests. They had appetizers and drinks for the wedding party ready for us as we went for pictures and the entire reception was a complete success. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for any event!

Catherine · Married on 05/27/2016

Vivian, you and your team are rock stars. The pulled pork was to die for. The planning (helping me plan from half way around the world) was speedy and professional. We had very little leftovers so that shows me you guys know what you are doing with number of guests and food selection. Yes there are budgets but Vivian is honest and will tell you what works and what amount of food won't work. One recommendation she suggested was having some finger food delivered by her team to where we were with photographers. I am so glad I agreed!!! One very small recommendation, ketchup on the buffet table for the potatoe wedges!

We had to go with Celebrations Catering as part of the package deal with our wedding venue (Rosemont Manor) but we were so pleased with them, we'd choose them all over again! Their team (especially David and Adolfo) both were very professional and so pleasant and easy to work with. They were very accommodating to us having our own ethnic food for part of the meal at our rehearsal dinner which was huge because so many vendors/venues aren't at all flexible. That was important to my husband and I as we were having a dual culture wedding. The food and service they provided both nights was so, so good; we got lots of great feedback from guests. Thanks again to David and the Celebrations team!

Mary Beth · Married on 04/09/2016

1 review
    5.0 star rating 4/14/2016
    Amazing food and amazing service! We got married at Historic Rosemont Manor and they made the day go off without a hitch. Since our first conversation with David, I have been impressed. They went over the top for our tasting and David was always quick to answer our questions and change the seating plan right up to the day before the wedding. Everyone has told us how delicious the food was. We had to move several tables after people finished eating for dancing, and I didn't even notice it happening. Adolfo and Walter were so helpful and attentive at the reception. Every time my drink got a little low or I looked around with a questioning look on my face, Adolfo was there to help. We were there to enjoy our night and he made absolutely sure we did. You will be in great hands with Celebrations.

Sandra · Married on 04/09/2016

Celebrations catered the food for our wedding on April 2016 at Harvest House at Lost Creek Winery. Everything was delicious! The cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres were great and the dinner was fantastic. Vivian is a pleasure to work with helping us select the menu and then providing a tasting that was amazing in quality and quantity. Their on-site staff was very professional and accommodating doing a great job on our wedding day. We would highly recommend this company to anybody looking for exceptional food and high quality service. All of our guests raved about the food. You will not regret it!

Christy · Married on 10/25/2015

Thank you, Celebrations! The food choices were many and delicious. Vivian was a paragon of patience and assistance in planning our October 25 reception. The staff was uniformly gracious, friendly and on-task. From the first minute our guests were beautifully cared for. You helped make the day memorable for everyone.

Timothy · Married on 07/31/2015

We used this caterer through our venue at Rosemont Manor in Berryville, VA and they did a wonderful job. David was wonderfully flexible, offered advice and insight when appropriate, and let us decide for ourselves what we wanted for our day. Sampling the food was wonderful, and having to pick between all of the options was tough given that it was all amazing. We settled on a plated dinner of Apricot Chicken with two sides and a Vegetarian dish as well. Nothing but delight from every guest. The wait staff was prompt and professional, and we're always there to refill everything. Just another reason why our wedding was perfect.

Stephanie · Married on 04/26/2015

Celebrations catered the food for our wedding (at Whitehall Estate). Everything was great! The hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour were well-received, and the dinner was fantastic. They had accommodated us with a different fish option, and let us play around with the sides. The steaks were beautifully cooked, the chicken was moist and flavorful, and people seemed to really enjoy the fish. Celebrations and Whitehall, together, gave us the perfect wedding experience, and we could not have asked for more.

My husband and I got married at Whitehall Manor in Bluemont, VA and used the in-house catering company, Celebrations Catering. The food was amazing! We went to a food trial about 8 months before the wedding, which was delicious. However, the food at the wedding was exquisite! Our guests couldn't stop raving about it. The wait staff was so attentive during our reception and even brought us the hors d'oeuvres after the cocktail hour because my husband and I had been busy taking pictures. I highly recommend Celebrations Catering!

Brett · Married on 10/04/2014

Plainly, Celebrations knocked it out of the park. We had our ceremony and reception at Lost Creek, which exclusively uses Celebrations. Initially, I admit we were unsure since we did not get to choose our own catering company. However, we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. The food at the trial was very good, but the food at our wedding was absolutely delicious! The serving staff was awesome-- friendly, professional and quick! Vivian, my point of contact, was ALWAYS responsive to my many, many e-mails. I will always value her professionalism, patience and guidance. I would 100% recommend this company to anybody looking for exceptional food and high quality service.

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2014

If I could give David & his team 10 stars, I would. I cannot say enough positive things about Celebrations. WOW. The wedding tasting was very good (more like a feasting than a tasting) and David sat down with us and helped us design our menu, even creating a salad special for us with goat cheese! Day of, the Celebrations team was incredible - Adolfo was our captain and he was beyond amazing. He went out of his way to make sure that myself and everyone in the wedding party had a drink in their hands at all times and didn't need anything. Each time our drinks were getting low, he brought us out new ones! I heard that the salmon was a little dry, but everyone raved about the chicken charleston & the butternut squash ravioli. At the end of the night, Adolfo even packed up the leftover cake for my new husband & I to eat if we were hungry that night. If anyone made our wedding day easier and better, it was Adolfo & the rest of David's team. I'd recommend Celebrations to just about anyone! Thanks again David & Adolfo!