93 Reviews for Celebrations Catering & Special Events

Spanish (1)
House Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
93 Celebrations Catering & Special Events Reviews

The food was absolutely phenomenal! Everyone was raving all night about how great the food was!!!

Profile Picture Susie , 6/23/18, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Vivian Ritchie and the celebrations team was truly a pleasure! Vivian was phenomenal - very responsive and always answered my 1,000 questions & many menu changes with ease. The staff at our wedding were truly wonderful - so kind, helpful and showed great hospitality to us, the couple, and our guests. Our guests absolutely loved the service and the food! Many said it was the best wedding food they have ever had - wow! The entire meal was absolutely delicious and we were so happy. It made me very happy to hear how great the servers and bartenders were to our guests... they treated everyone like family. It was a magical day and we are very grateful!

Profile Picture Debbie, 4/21/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Celebrations Catering food is DELICIOUS. We had the BBQ Chiq menu for our wedding - all of our guests loved it. For cocktail hour we had meatballs, crab dip, and a cheese spread. We worked with Vivian to coordinate our menu and tasting - she was very responsive and helpful in planning. On the day of, the catering staff went above and beyond. They set up everything perfectly, the food was amazing, the bartenders were great - it couldn't have been better.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: American, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Although we were required to use this vendor by our venue, we were absolutely pleased and impressed with them throughout the planning process - and, especially, on the big day! Honestly, having such amazing food and such an incredible staff "required" took planning stress away from us - I'd highly recommend Celebrations Catering for any event! Vivian worked with us to design an incredible menu and made sure to assist with special meal options for some of our guests (vegan, children). The complimentary tasting was done professionally, in a beautiful location, and allowed us to fine tune the selections we'd made. And then we get to wedding day - we were BLOWN AWAY by the celebrity treatment we got from the 10-crew staff. They anticipated our every need (kept our drinks full, carried our buffet plates to our sweetheart table, brought food/drinks to our photography shoot, etc.), overwhelmed us with kindness and professionalism, and made our wedding so incredibly wonderful! The food was AMAZING, and all of the guests raved about how deliciously full they were! THANK YOU for being an absolutely perfect company, from beginning to end, to cater such an important day for us!

Profile Picture Joia, 7/16/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: American, Vegan, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

I recently had my wedding at Rosemont Manor and had Celebrations Catering cater our reception and our rehearsal dinner. David worked with us to design menus for both nights that our guests (and us!) enjoyed immensely. We got a lot of compliments on how delicious the food was and we were so impressed with the service of the catering staff. We were especially impressed with our banquet captain, Adolfo, who went above and beyond to make us feel like royalty on our special day. We highly recommend Celebrations Catering and couldn't be more pleased with their service.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/15/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Southwestern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated
2.7

I had my wedding in July 2017 at Lost Creek. We worked with Vivian and everything before the wedding day went pretty well. She responded to my emails. She seemed to understand my requests and what we wanted for our wedding. They were kind enough to give us a second tasting for their salmon and we were feeling confident that everything was going to be okay for our wedding. We were wrong. We had requested to have cocktails brought to us at the vineyards while we were taking photos. That did not happen. We were already
having a rough time since we had been informed about our cake being dropped so we did not pay too much attention to the cocktails and just tried to enjoy our day. Then, when we walked into the reception hall, I noticed that the linens were the wrong color. I had requested silver linens with ivory napkins; the tables were set with ivory linens and ivory napkins. Then, as if things could not get worst, our family informed us that their food was cold. We tried to contact celebrations catering and we were told that we could work something out as long as we do not defame the company. We are writing a review so you know what we opted to do. Please think twice before booking with this catering company. They have good ratings because they make deals with their customers who complain. I could give them a 0 but our family and friends' love and support made these little things be seamlessly. I just want you all to know this because if
you are a bride who wants everything to go as close to perfect as possible then I will advice you to book somewhere else.

Profile Picture Marjory, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I am a mother of the bride and I just want to say that Celebrations Catering made my daughter's wedding day run so smoothly that I had a wonderful day. We had our event at Historic Rosemont Manor in Berryville Virginia and Celebrations is their most frequent caterer. First of all the chef, David O. Weinschel was extremely nice and accessible. He charmed us at our tasting, made delicious food and patiently answered our questions via email. The way our venue works it, you not only have your food from Celebrations but you are also renting your tables, chairs, linens and glassware from them, so it may seem pricey, but you have to realize what you are getting for that price. When Adolfo and Walter showed up around 2 for a 5 pm wedding I wondered how they would get it all done (they had set up the tables the previous day), but they worked very hard and had everything ready with a half an hour to spare. The bar operated seamlessly (the venue and the caterer allowed us to buy our own alcohol which was a substantial savings), the dinner was served promptly and was hot and delicious, and everyone had ready access to all the water, tea, and coffee they wanted (even before the ceremony). Adolfo was incredibly polite, checked in with myself and the father of the bride several times, and his staff impressively moved a huge cake twice with no disasters. I am told he has 20 years of experience and it showed. I would highly recommend this caterer and this venue.

Profile Picture Pam, 7/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: American, Southwestern, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Attentive and professional, Celebrations is without a doubt the best you can get. The food is amazing and the staff work very hard to make your event a success.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We actually found our venue through an initial meeting with Celebrations Catering. Right off the bat, Vivian was extremely responsive and never left any questions or concerns of ours un-answered. As the wedding grew closer, they were also easily able to adapt to any alterations or changes that we encountered along the way. Vivian was always cheerful and happy to help no matter how many time we would check back in with another request. Finally, on the day of, the entire staff was nothing short of spectacular. Without asking for any special treatment, they constantly went out of their way to not only make us (bride and groom) feel special but every single guest received the perfect amount of attention and service. While we were too busy taking picture to enjoy cocktail hour, they even sent staff over to us multiple times to make sure we had out choice of appetizers and wine. Long story short, this team consistently goes above and beyond what is expected which clearly elevated the entire event.

Profile Picture Nick, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies

Vivian and her staff are amazing! We hired them bc they were the only carter accepted in the first venue we booked. Then, about 60 days before the wedding, we decided to have it at Morais Vineyards. Vivian was okay with working in there as well. It was perfect, since we didn't have to deal with choosing another carter, or loose our pre-payment. The table sets we rented from her were so beautiful, and appropriated for the new venue. Everything run so smoothie in our wedding day, that we did not have any stress. Vivian took care of everything! I loved that we hired her, and I totally recommend her company to other brides do be :)

Profile Picture Edna, 5/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: American, Italian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Lactose Free, Vegetarian

We had our wedding at Rosemont Manor and had to use Celebrations Catering and we are so happy we did!!! The whole experience was amazing. David was incredibly professional and accommodating. We were a little overwhelmed at the beginning because they have such a vast a la carte menu but that quickly disappeared once we started discussing the menu with David. He was flexible and worked with us to create our perfect menu for the cocktail hour and the reception. My husband comes from France and his family works in the restaurant industry so we knew we wanted to fuse the two cultures. David fully delivered on this!! The hors d'oeuvres were incredible (we were busy during cocktail hour with pictures but we did get to taste them at the tasting). Our guests said it was a perfect balance of the passed hors d'oeuvres and the cocktails. The reception food was spot on. Any changes we discussed at the tasting were perfected by the reception. Every detail of the service was attended to and the staff was top notch. The banquet captain handled any situations that arose and made sure everything went smoothly. All of our guests mentioned to us how wonderful the food was and that they could tell the menu and service were very well thought out. The price was very reasonable as well. We brought all our own French wine, beer and liquor and were not charged a corkage fee. We were also able to bring our own French cheese and baguettes with no issues. David fully understood how important it was for us to have these little nods to France at our reception. Celebration Catering definitely made our reception an incredible event and one that we will always cherish!! I would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Vegetarian, French, Southern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Vivian and her staff are excellent! They go to all extents to make your event special and worry free! Vivian was on top of every little detail. She listened to our wants and needs, added great suggestions, and stayed with us through the entire process of creating a magical wedding reception for our daughter! The food was marvelous - all of the guests remarked on how good everything was - and there was a wide menu to chose from! I wholeheartedly recommend Celebrations to everyone who appreciates friendly & professional staff, high quality food and service - with the added benefit of the personal touch to make your event everything you dreamed of!

Profile Picture Karol, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had the pleasure of working with Vivian and her team for our wedding at Lost Creek. The food was amazing and we received many compliments from guests afterwards. Vivian is a rockstar, she ran our event flawlessly from start to finish and ensured that the night went off without a hitch. She made sure that everyone involved knew what was going on and where to be at what times. She was very responsive throughout the whole process and provided a detailed, itemized bill that made it easy to see what you were paying for. All the servers and bartenders were excellent and there was never a long line at the bar and the tables were clean.

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
4.7

Celebrations was fantastic! They are the only caterer that my venue (Lost Creek) would allow, but they delivered great food and service. We chose to do a buffet and open bar (we had to use the venue's wine but were able to bring our own beer, mixers, and liquor). The food was great! My guests were full of compliments for how tasty and not-dry it was (which can be unusual for wedding food). The service was also fantastic... the bartenders kept the drinks flowing, and the servers kept the food coming. They also made sure that my groom and I had everything we needed, from appetizers to drinks, and packaged up leftovers for us afterwards. Vivian, the sales manager, was extremely responsive and easy to work with. Finally, I appreciated that they were very detailed in their billing and cost breakdown... there were never any unpleasant surprises.

Profile Picture Alena, 10/2/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: American, Asian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

Celebrations Catering was an absolute hit for our wedding. Our wedding was held at Lost Creek and since they are the caterers here, things run like a well oiled machine. We received so many compliments on the food and service from our guests. Vivian was awesome in helping us create a menu that spoke to us and was traditional to our cultures. They were very responsive and accommodating.

Profile Picture User4668595, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Celebrations catering was amazing. The food was great and the service was spectacular. The servers were friendly, attentive and very professional. There were so many little details that they took care of without being asked. They allowed us to bring our own alcohol and didn't charge a corkage fee. There was also no cake cutting fee. They are very upfront about their prices and easy to work with. They also do not add on a tip. You just pay the servers and chefs a tip at the end of the night as they refuse tips from guests.

Profile Picture User5178112, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Champagne Toast, American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Gluten Free, Vegan

Celebrations catered our wedding. The employees were incredible throughout our entire wedding. The food was spectacular. This company knows what they are doing and they do it well! I highly recommend Celebrations Catering and will use them again.

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American

We had the pleasure of working with Celebrations for our wedding reception and rehearsal dinner. They were able to fit within our budget and gave us tasty meals, that weren't your traditional wedding foods (a taco bar and snacks for the rehearsal dinner and a BBQ feast for the wedding!). This includes accommodations for dairy and gluten allergies for a few of our guests. The choice was easy because they are the vendor you need to book at Lost Creek Winery, but I'm really glad for the opportunity to work with them. Celebrations and Lost Creek work incredibly well together and we had a seamless event.

I'd like to give special recognition to Vivian who was so speedy we her emails and helped to make a lot of my special requests (a few that were last minute) happen. She was a true pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/5/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southwestern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian

Vivian and her team were absolutely incredible! The entire reception and service ran like a well oiled machine and they took fantastic care of us as the bride and groom as well as all of the guests. They had appetizers and drinks for the wedding party ready for us as we went for pictures and the entire reception was a complete success. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for any event!

Profile Picture David and Kristen, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, House Wine, Vegan, Vegetarian, American

Vivian, you and your team are rock stars. The pulled pork was to die for. The planning (helping me plan from half way around the world) was speedy and professional. We had very little leftovers so that shows me you guys know what you are doing with number of guests and food selection. Yes there are budgets but Vivian is honest and will tell you what works and what amount of food won't work. One recommendation she suggested was having some finger food delivered by her team to where we were with photographers. I am so glad I agreed!!! One very small recommendation, ketchup on the buffet table for the potatoe wedges!

Profile Picture Catherine, 5/27/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American

We had to go with Celebrations Catering as part of the package deal with our wedding venue (Rosemont Manor) but we were so pleased with them, we'd choose them all over again! Their team (especially David and Adolfo) both were very professional and so pleasant and easy to work with. They were very accommodating to us having our own ethnic food for part of the meal at our rehearsal dinner which was huge because so many vendors/venues aren't at all flexible. That was important to my husband and I as we were having a dual culture wedding. The food and service they provided both nights was so, so good; we got lots of great feedback from guests. Thanks again to David and the Celebrations team!

Profile Picture User5557067, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews

1 review
5.0 star rating 4/14/2016
Amazing food and amazing service! We got married at Historic Rosemont Manor and they made the day go off without a hitch. Since our first conversation with David, I have been impressed. They went over the top for our tasting and David was always quick to answer our questions and change the seating plan right up to the day before the wedding. Everyone has told us how delicious the food was. We had to move several tables after people finished eating for dancing, and I didn't even notice it happening. Adolfo and Walter were so helpful and attentive at the reception. Every time my drink got a little low or I looked around with a questioning look on my face, Adolfo was there to help. We were there to enjoy our night and he made absolutely sure we did. You will be in great hands with Celebrations.

Profile Picture Mary Beth, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American

Celebrations catered the food for our wedding on April 2016 at Harvest House at Lost Creek Winery. Everything was delicious! The cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres were great and the dinner was fantastic. Vivian is a pleasure to work with helping us select the menu and then providing a tasting that was amazing in quality and quantity. Their on-site staff was very professional and accommodating doing a great job on our wedding day. We would highly recommend this company to anybody looking for exceptional food and high quality service. All of our guests raved about the food. You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Sandra, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Spanish, Gluten Free, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, House Wine
4.7

Currently in the stages of our wedding planning for February and Vivian is so helpful! She asked our budget an was flexible working up different menus that would work close to what we can afford. While the distance of the catering company is a bit of a distance, Vivian was easily reached by email and phone call. She even gave us her time to make a conference call on a Friday evening! We are very appreciative of her patience thus far.

Profile Picture Ana, 2/21/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you, Celebrations! The food choices were many and delicious. Vivian was a paragon of patience and assistance in planning our October 25 reception. The staff was uniformly gracious, friendly and on-task. From the first minute our guests were beautifully cared for. You helped make the day memorable for everyone.

Profile Picture Christy, 10/25/15, 1 Review