Celebrations By Amy Bacon Reviews

135 | Phoenix, AZ

135 Reviews for Celebrations By Amy Bacon

Minnie · Married on 03/24/2012

I'm writing this review as Mother of the Bride. My daughter has already posted her own review about how thrilled she was to have Amy there taking care of everything. We originally hired Amy as our 'month of" coordinator but looking back, I wish I had just hired her from the very beginning to plan the wedding. Amy is a professional. She loves what she does and she is very good at it. You really don't fully appreciate everything a planner/coordinator does until after the event. Celebrations by Amy Bacon is worth hiring as your wedding planner because you're pretty much assured that your wedding will be organized and planned with the utmost care. From the moment I spoke to Amy, I knew right away that she deeply cared about making my daughter's wedding special. On the day of the wedding, everyone kept complimenting me on how wonderful, beautiful and special my daughter's wedding was. Well, it was all thanks to Amy. It was largely because of her that my daughter's wedding turned out so well.

Amy was always available to answer questions no matter how silly they seemed, she was flexible with her time and met with me when it was convenient for me even though she wasn't feeling well that day, she always had a back-up plan for any contingency and her organizational skills are stellar. Amy can juggle multiple "to-do's" very well. She created a timeline so my daughter's very large wedding party knew what was going on, she coordinated all the vendor deliveries and pickups, she completely handled everything at the ceremony and reception venue so neither my daughter nor I had to lift a finger to do anything.

So if you're a parent or a bride and you're unsure about hiring a planner, I urge you to make room in your budget and hire Celebrations by Amy Bacon. She and her staff are clearly the most important vendor you can have at your wedding because Amy will bring it all together in a way that makes you - whether you're the bride or the mother of the bride - look good.

Sent on 04/02/2012
  • Joanne

Joanne · Married on 03/18/2012

Celebrations by Amy Bacon provided the candy buffet at our recent wedding. She was able to tailor the buffet to fit our wants and needs, including the number of people we wanted to serve and the colors included. She was also able to provide us with rice krispie treats to go along with the candy buffet - they were perfect!! The table looked amazing as well, with decorative tags and pretty crystal candy dishes. I think Amy does a wonderful job with her candy buffets, and would recommend her to anyone looking for easy wedding favors!!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Angelica · Married on 03/17/2012

Oh where to begin... We originally met with Amy Bacon to do a Candy Buffett. Low and behold my fiance and I fell in love with her wedding planning services! When we met Amy she was very humble and super sweet! We wanted to sign a contract right there but she stated that she likes for her potential clients to think about everything and give it a day or so and then decide. This was because we met her at a wedding expo where everything you see you want to buy. We were not even out of the parking lot and I looked at my fiance and I said "I really like Amy!!! What do you think???" He stated "Whatever makes our wedding day your dream go for it!" (okay so maybe he didn't say it like that but something like that) So that night we called Amy and made arrangements to have her as our "Day of Planner". BEST decision I made! Just 2 months before my wedding day I lost my dream venue! I thought that my dream day was ruined and I did not know where to start with finding a new one in the middle of March with the same price tag! I called Amy's cell phone hysterically crying begging her to help me. She stated "Calm down, no stress, give me 3 days and I will find you something!" and she did!!! Not only did Amy find "something" she found a venue that blew my previous venue out of the water! Amy did all this and none of it was even in our contract it was all done out of pure kindness! I continued to call or text Amy for the next few months just to vent or ask her opinion and every time she made me feel like I was her only Bride that she was working with. She returned every text, phone call or Facebook message promptly. Everything was falling into place until I lost my bartender a week before our wedding. Again, I called Amy and asked her if she knew anyone. Yet again, Amy stated "Angel, give me a few days and I promise we will figure this out!" Amy had us a new bartender within 24 hours!

Fast forward to the day of the wedding....

I thought the day of my wedding was going to be spent in sweatpants decorating my venue sweating and running around like a chicken with my head cut off. BUT... I hired Amy Bacon!!! I woke up on March 17th 2012 in my hotel room and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with one of my Bridesmaids! Followed by 5 fun hours of laughter and getting ready with my Matron of Honor, Bridesmaids, and my mom!!! None of us had to lift a finger! As I was sitting in my room gettting my make-up and hair done I had a knock on the door!!! One of Amy's wonderful assistance came by to see if we needed any food or Starbucks! She stated if we needed ANYTHING to let her know! What a great feeling! I felt like a Celebrity!

As we all arrived to the venue I wanted to just cry! Not because I was about to marry my best friend and see all of my friends and family but because Amy made all of my wedding dreams come true!!! Amy made sure my groom was no where in site as we took a few pictures and she made sure I was as happy as I could be! If I said "Do you have any mints?" Before I could finish the sentence she pulled out TWO different flavors! My guests and family raved over how professional and amazing Amy is! She is still a top topic of conversation when I ask "What was your favorite part about my wedding???". Nothing about my wedding as "traditional" and Amy understood just how I wanted everything to flow and never said "Well one time I had a bride..." She listened to what I had to say and made it happen! I found out the day after my wedding Amy had another wedding within 12 hours after mine! I never even knew this! Amy ALWAYS made me feel as if MY WEDDING WAS HER ONLY WEDDING. Amy will always be a close friend of mine from here on out!

Thank you Amy Bacon! You are one of the most inspiration women I have ever met!

Angelica Dietsch =)

Sent on 03/30/2012

stephanie · Married on 02/24/2012

When I first met Amy Bacon I wasn’t looking to hire a wedding planner, in fact I had no clue what one did. However, she helped me to feel at ease looking at my first dress and introducing me to someone who could help my Maid of Honor and I try it on, that I honestly thought Amy worked for the dress shop that was at the Bridal Show we were attending. Even before I hired her she had given me so many ideas and ways to create my perfect day. I was so excited to learn more after buying the dress that looked so perfect on me, I ran home and couldn’t stop talking about Amy Bacon and how we needed to have her help us plan our wedding. My fiancé (now husband, YAY!) said he would meet her and learn more…. Amy was not only wonderful at giving us ideas and helping us create a vision of our perfect day, but was super patient with our son… he even calls her the Amy “the candy lady” now.
    Our plan was to be married in 2013, unfortunately we needed to change the date to be married within just a few months due to family situations. Amy told us to calm down and relax, while she called not only all the vendors we had already met with, but also had our next steps already in process and how to make it happen. Amy Bacon took so much time to create, plan and truly understand our needs. Even when disaster strikes and timelines change or the world spun out of control we always knew we could contact Amy and she would fix it. I cannot honestly tell you how many times I personally called Amy crying because I thought disaster had struck again. All she had to say was “breathe” and I felt better, knowing that she was on my side made all the difference. Little did we know when we hired Amy Bacon as a wedding planner we were hiring a Super Hero.

Thanks to Amy Bacon (Celebrations by Amy Bacon), our wedding day was more than just beautiful. It was the fairytale ending and beginning of every little girls dream…. And then some.

Sent on 03/22/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2011

I am SO HAPPY that we found Amy. She is not only one of the sweetest people on the planet but she is also so good at what she does. She created such a beautiful candy buffet for our wedding. People continue to talk about it as one of the highlights of the day! When my hubby and I were done taking pictures Amy came up to us with ice water (how did she know we were DYING of thirst? ha). She also gave me a few pieces of delicious dark chocolates (my absolute fave) and made the hubby and I bags of candy so that we wouldn't miss out on anything. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with Amy. She is so professional and passionate about her work and she really does just have a gift when it comes to making a wedding day extra special. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. My hubby and I are sooooooooooo happy that we met Amy!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Dustin · Married on 11/12/2011

I love candy and I was very happy that I was able to have candy at our wedding. Amy was really great. She was very helpful and her candy buffet looked awesome. All my friends are still talking about it!

Sent on 12/17/2011

Valerie · Married on 11/11/2011

I must say that Amy is absolutely AMAZING!!! I was debating for a while on whether I should hire Amy or not and let me tell you I don't know how I would have gotten through my wedding in once piece without her! She took all of the stress away from my husband and I and made sure she took care of it all! She helped make all of my dreams come true! We didn't have the "traditional" wedding and Amy really understood that about us. We didn't want the formal sit down dinner, or the formal hello to everyone. We are a more casual couple and we really wanted that to shine the day of the wedding. If it wasn't for Amy helping us along to way I don't think that it would have gone as well as it did! We still had a lot of elegance and some traditional stuff but it was also very casual at the same time! Amy was my right hand man the entire month before the wedding! I didn't feel one ounce of stress but instead I fealt relief that everything was taken care of and I 100% trusted her!

If you are questioning if you need to hire a planner for the month or day of the event I would say make sure to fit it in your budget! Amy will ensure that you have the time of your life! Why spend a ton of money on your wedding and something go wrong when you can spend a littel extra money and she will make sure it absolutely perfect and you have no worries what so ever!

Amy also surprised us with an AMAZING surprise!!! That is just how awesome she is, she will make sure you have one of the best day's of your life!

Amy helped make our dream wedding come true and I couldn't thank her enough!! No words can express how much we adore, love and cherish everything that she has done for us! Thank you so much Amy!!1 You truly are the BEST!!!

Sent on 11/17/2011

jenny · Married on 10/18/2011

Amy was amazing at helping me make my wedding day perfect. She was so helpful in helping me find just the right vendors to meet our needs. I couldn't of done it without her. She is AMAZING!!!!!!

Sent on 12/30/2011

Scott · Married on 09/24/2011

Celebrations by Amy is on outstanding company. They were hired to provide a Candy Buffet and The Buffet provided was outstanding. Amy went above and beyond on her services. When the Buffet was set up she stayed and assisted my daughter through the evening. man what a relief she was. So if you need a Candy Buffet... Hire Amy..... If you want a wedding coordinator.... Hire Amy.... If you want Both.... Hire Amy....... She is the best.

Sent on 09/25/2011

Tiffany · Married on 09/24/2011

She did a fantastic job. She showed up last minute. I only hired her for the wedding day because I didn't think that I had the money. She was very affordable and not only coordinated the wedding and helped me in any way she could but she also created a beautiful candy buffet that was done in our colors.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Celebrations By Amy Bacon's reply:

Tiffany, I'm so glad that you decided to allow me to jump in at the last minute and assist you to make your wedding even more perfect. I loved making the Purple Candy Buffet and assist you with the last minute details on the day of your wedding. Your bridal party and family were so much fun to be around and your love for one another was felt by everyone.
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 09/03/2011

Amy Bacon with Celebrations by Amy Bacon, was my wedding fairy godmother! She swooped in and just took everything off my hands and mind. The greatest gift I could have received was just being able to enjoy my wedding without a million stresses on my shoulders. She was able to take my ideas and run with them. She connected with everyone involved with the wedding and made sure things were running smooth from my view point so that I could have fun and not worry about a thing! I couldn't be more grateful for all that she did. My wedding would have been nothing without her or there would have been one very sleep deprived and delirious bride. From getting everyone to there marks on time to applying lip gloss on me as I was about to walk out to my reception, You did amazing!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU Amy for creating an event that our family will never forget and that I could hold tight to my heart!

Sent on 09/23/2011

April · Married on 08/26/2011

VERY responsive to my needs! She gave me ideas I didn't even know I needed. The nicest person and sooo professional. Would (and have) recommend her to anyone I know that's getting married or even having a big event. Thanks Amy!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Evangeline · Married on 05/14/2011

‎5 Stars all the way. Amy Bacon is my rockstar from our wedding. First off, I’m a very Type A, highly organized bride who planned many many details and as my wedding day got closer. I was one of the brides who told myself anything to not ask for help. The best decision I made started when I realized I couldn’t be my OWN wedding planner. I wanted to be a bride that day and not be worried about anything but being happy. I needed someone who could help me the day of my wedding… but not JUST anyone. I needed someone I could trust … someone who could really LISTEN to what I envisioned and planned .. someone respectful of ours plans, our family, and our decisions… someone special. Amy was that someone. Amy was such a blessing. Since I met her, I was sold. She was honest, sincere, and I could tell she cared about me and wanted to help me with such a big day in my life. She is respectful, informative, polite, highly organized, and an amazing communicator. On top of that, she was so sincere that I really felt comfortable having her at my wedding. By the “day of” she was my friend, my “go to” girl, and my saving grace when it came to unexpected situations. Bottom line is that we trusted her. We hired her as my wedding day-of coordinator and she went above and beyond to ensure that my wedding dreams/vision came through. Everything was perfect. My fiance was skeptical at first about why we would need a wedding planner but at the end of the day he was super thankful she was there. He was thankful that Amy showed up at rehearsal picking up all our items for the Big Day and just seeing the stress come off his fiance really put his heart at ease that she’s worth every penny. On our wedding day, he said "lets ask amy" or "im glad amy is helping you baby.” I really felt at ease knowing that he needed her as much as I did :). Our families raved about how personable, helpful, and hardworking she was throughout the evening and the next day at brunch. They complimented at how hard she worked that day and how helpful she was to the bride/groom/ and every single guest. The morning of, we had to switch wedding cars and it was not decorated but my maid of honor and called Amy and she was there for the rescue – no issues, no complaints .. just a “I’ll take care of it.” And Boy did she deliver. Not to mention, Amy helped us at the hotel after the wedding. She had checked into our suite for us earlier that day, decorated it, surprised me with my favorite snack (cookies and milk), a gift for me and my new husband, and even waited outside the door so she could pick up my wedding dress for preservation and his tux for return. The next day she was still working, dropping off my bouquet, my dress, the tuxes. She’s superwoman for sure. There are no words to express how important it is for a bride to not just hire a planner.. but to HIRE Amy Bacon. I planned the wedding and when the week of the wedding came, she was there to take it off my hands and deliver. If you're a bride and doesn't want to plan the wedding, EVEN BETTER. Whatever help you need for the wedding, she is THE BEST. Now i have gained a life long friend and I couldn't have imagined my wedding day without her. I remember thinking multiple times before the wedding day and during, "How does a bride do it without her?!" Don't be one of those brides :) Trust me and INVEST in Celebrations by Amy Bacon. Worth every penny. Worth every celebration.

Cynthia · Married on 03/27/2011

I could go on for days about how great Amy was at my "daughters" wedding! She helped everyone that needed it, there was not a single thing that the family had to do, she was everywhere all at once. I do not know how she did it! The candy buffet was so much fun! Amy made my daughters most important day so spectacular! I am so glad that Amy was a part of it all. She didn't just make the bride and groom comfortable and happy, but everyone that came to the wedding came away feeling like it was their day as well. AMY is the best!!!! When my biological daughter gets married (in a few years) Amy is the person we will be hiring to take care of it all for us! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 12/18/2011

Lena · Married on 03/27/2011

I started planning my wedding about 4 months before the wedding day and figured I could easily make it what it want it to be. Well about 2 months into planning I realized I was hopelessly lost and absolutely overwhelmed with the whole process. Fortunately my florist Michelle from Crazy Daisies suggested for me to hire Amy Bacon to help me out. From the day that we met, Amy was there to help me with whatever I needed. No matter what problem, question or concern I had I was always able to contact her. My husband was also relieved because from the day Amy came on board he did not have to listen to me freaking out about the planning of the wedding any longer.

About a week before my wedding I realized that I had not managed to come up with an affordable and special favor to give to my wedding guest. Amy quickly came up with a Candy Buffet matching my wedding colors. She made it all happen within those last few days and even provided personalized candy bags. Of course the Candy Buffet was a hit, all the guests loved it and they are still talking about it.

My wedding was amazing, I could not have imagined it to be any more beautiful. Amy made sure I did not have to worry about anything. She kept all issues away from me, so that I could enjoy the day without any worries. For example I later found out that some guests did not show and that others brought friends which totally messed with my carefully thought out seating arrangements. Of course Amy took care of the issue without me knowing that there even was anything going on.

I am so glad that I hired Amy to plan my wedding because I am sure that if she had not been there I would have been a stressed out mess. But thanks to her I had the most wonderful wedding. For me it was a dream come true, a day I will never forget.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Corina · Married on 03/26/2011

When you are the person that everyone counts on to bring things together, plan the events, think of every detail, and make an event look like it cost a fortune on a budget, you hope to find someone as good or better to run the show for the most important and memorable day of your life.

Amy wasn't better, she was the best. She thought of every little detail and followed through with every request and idea I had or wasn't able to close out. She is thorough. She managed all of the events, emotions, and details that could easily trip up a bride. She works well under pressure, maintains a positive spirit and even in the most challenging situations, prevailed.

I felt like Amy catered to me and my husband that week leading up to our big day and all day on our wedding day. We truly felt like royalty. My guests talked about what a wonderful job she did with the preparations, guests, and flow of events. Best of all, she coordinated a delightful surprise for our bridal suite. So, I can certainly go on and on about Amy's level of service, but I would rather encourage you to experience the passion and imagination that Amy can add to your event. Hiring Amy was the best choice I made.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Ashley · Married on 03/12/2011

Having the perfect wedding has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I had so many ideas and so many small details that I had envisioned, I knew I would need someone to help me put it all together. Amy did this for me, and then some. My only job on my wedding day was to be the bride. I was relaxed and happy all day, because Amy was taking care of all of the hard stuff. She was there for me in so many ways, I don't know if I could ever truly express how grateful I am for her hard work. Even now, my guests comment on just how seamless the day's events were. I would highly recommend Amy Bacon to any bride who wants to enjoy her big day as a bride should.

Sent on 07/23/2011

Darius · Married on 03/12/2011

The only thing that mattered to me at my wedding was making sure that my wife and I could enjoy our day and that our guests would have a great time. I'm certain that hiring Amy made that happen. We were really impressed by her and we are very thankful for her hard work.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Robin · Married on 03/05/2011

I met Amy Bacon at one of the local bridal shows in the early stages of planning our wedding and was so impressed by her energy and demeanor. Once we decided that, yes, we absolutely needed a planner I called her immediately. As lead Wedding Planner for our event, Amy was on top of things from day one, referred several fantastic vendors to us, and made sure that we stayed on track with everything we needed to do to have the celebration of a lifetime.

She followed up with me - and more importantly - with every single one of my vendors to ensure that every single detail was managed appropriately. Day of, I had no stress at all since all of the details had been managed appropriately.

I also hired her to do a candy buffet for our reception. It was a huge hit and ended up being the perfect wedding favor for our guests. Everyone just loved it - young and old and it was a gorgeous decorative element for the room.

It was so nice to be able to relax on my wedding and totally enjoy the day - something I definitely would not have been able to do without her services. I'd give her 10 stars if I could.

Julie · Married on 01/16/2011

If you’re debating whether or not you need a day-of coordinator, trust me, you do. And if you want someone super organized and sweet for a great price, you need Amy Bacon. She had wonderful vendor recommendations when I needed them, and did a great job of keeping everyone on the same page the week of the wedding. Amy was totally there for me every step of the way. When I had a flower crisis two days before the wedding, Amy was immediately on the phone and online looking for someone who could help me out. She also helped my mother pull herself together before the ceremony, for which I am extremely grateful. Amy, helped make our wedding day truly special and EXACTLY the way we planned. I wish I could give her more than five stars!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Kristen · Married on 11/20/2010

Amy Bacon was our wedding planner in November 2010. She was AMAZING!!! She went above and beyond anything that we ever expected in helping us plan our special day and helping by being there the day of our wedding. Investing in her was sooo worth it because we did not have to deal with any of the problems on our big day. And after our wedding we actually found out that she saved our day from being a disaster. I would have broke down crying if I didn't have Amy there to take care of everything. She made our day sooo special for us and we will always be grateful to her. We plan on using Amy's services in the future for sure!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Priscilla · Married on 05/01/2010

Amy is awesome! The level of professionalism and customer service is the absolute best you can find! From the beginning to the end she made sure everything went smoothly and made sure all the vendors were on the same page. She wants to make sure your special day is truly SPECIAL and everything you want it to be. If you are looking for a wedding planner look no further than Celebrations by Amy Bacon!!

Sent on 07/25/2011
  • F

Jean · Married on 10/03/2009

I came to Amy with tears in my eyes from all the furstrations of trying to plan our wedding by ourselves. I myself, having been certified in as a wedding coordinator could not possibly do what Amy was able to come in and do for us. This woman was amazing from beginning to end. We even had a wedding crasher that Amy handled in such a respectful way, that we still talk about it today! If you want the best, hire Celebrations by Amy Bacon!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Leah · Married on 07/24/2009

Amy is amazing! From the moment she started helping me, all the way through the end of my wedding day, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. She was taking care of things that I didn't even know needed to be taken care of. Her ideas for little extra details are awesome and she always gets back to you right away (even if you are calling during a "freak out" moment with some sill...y little thing that you can probably figure out yourself). The week of my wedding felt like a breeze because there was literally nothing for me to do because she had taken care of everything. She maintained all contact with vendors, fielded questions from other wedding contacts, facilitated the entire rehearsal and was at the reception site for set up before the on-site contact was even there! Professional, fun and friendly - she made the best day of my life look and feel effortless...

Sent on 08/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2005

I could not have enjoyed my wedding as much as I did if it were not for Amy Bacon. I had to put together a wedding rather quickly I could not believe how much money I saved by getting help! Amy introduced me to professionals that were wonderful to work with. She was always on top of things before I even thought of them. She made my… entire family, and wedding party understand what needed to done and made sure we were all on the same page. Her organizational skills and bubbly personality made her a joy to work with. She handled every thing on the day of my wedding that I thought I would have to stress about. I got to just enjoy every moment knowing it was all taken care of. I would, and have recommended her to friends. Celebrations By Amy Bacon can handle any and all of your events.