14 Reviews for Celebrations Banquet Facility

Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Chair Covers (1)
14 Celebrations Banquet Facility Reviews

My wedding was perfect and Laurie and John were exceptional. I visited the place once and planned the entire wedding from across the country and they made it as easy as possible, especially with having most of the services in one place. The food was absolutely amazing as well. I'm the type of person who likes to do certain things myself, like decorations and centerpieces so I can make sure they're just right and they allowed me to do my own thing which was a big relief for me. Even 2 minutes before my groom arrived I was out arranging and rearranging tables and helping with the cake but they were more than ready to help me at any moments notice if I needed it. The ceremony went perfectly and they helped with all of the timing and everything. I didn't have to worry about anything. Excellent communication between their entire staff and as things changed they simply adjusted the schedule without a hitch. Absolutely recommend Celebrations for any occasion.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Photobooth, Tables, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor

We are so happy we chose to host our wedding reception at Celebrations. John and Laurie were very friendly and accommodating throughout the whole planning experience. I had some cultural traditions I wanted as part of the celebration, and they helped us make it happen. They were easy to reach and communicate with whenever we had questions or concerns. The space itself was very well decorated, both with Celebrations décor and Laurie helped put around decorations we brought in ourselves. We got countless compliments from our guests about how friendly the staff was, how good everything looked, and how tasty the food was. Definitely get the salmon for dinner and the bacon wrapped scallops! We also planned our wedding long distance, so having an in-house DJ, catering, and a photo booth made everything so easy and stress-free. There is even a wonderful cake baker a few houses down, Darling Cakes, who delivered and set up for free! The DJ was also wonderful, playing good music and keeping the dance floor packed. We highly recommend using Celebrations!!

Profile Picture Terezia, 11/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Parking, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Photobooth, Tables

We cannot say enough great things about Celebrations. The food was fantastic. The staff was responsive and courteous. Every detail was covered - even getting food and drink to the wedding party while pictures were being taken. The staff also stood by with umbrellas during the photo shoot because it looked as if a storm might begin. Our guests were completely impressed with how nice everything was. The wedding space is gorgeous. Beautiful setting. The landscaping is exquisite. Everything is prepared to perfection. We are so happy that we chose Celebrations for our daughter's wedding. The planning meetings are efficient and helpful. No surprises with money - everything is specified. The owners are helpful and very willing to answer questions. We could not be happier. Words our guests used: gorgeous, magical, amazing.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Janet, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was beautiful and perfect thanks to Celebrations! Highly recommended.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Melissa, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Photobooth, Tables, Tents, Shuttle, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I booked and found this venue over a year before my wedding date and the entire time John, Laurie, and the Celebrations staff were communicative, understanding, and flexible. They listened to all of my concerns, and what I wanted. They had no issues making recommendations to me or explaining how things typically worked. Also, when the wedding date was coming near they were incredibly quick to respond to my questions via email- which was really nice.

Furthermore, they set up everything for me; so on the day of the wedding I only had to worry about getting ready! It was really awesome considering I brought a ton of my own decorations that I had made (centerpeices, photo booth props, signs, paper flowers, etc). John and Laurie have so much experience that they even know how to time everything so your guests get the best experience!

All of my guests kept telling me how beautiful the venue was, how friendly the staff was and how great the food was. I seriously cannot recommend this venue enough. The main thing I enjoyed about the venue was that it is PRIVATE. There is no other wedding that you're on top of (say in a hotel, or a venue that does multiple weddings at once) and the venue is large and AFFORDABLE. Other venues were well over my price range once I added in my wants like an open bar, DJ, photo booth, etc.

They have options for you to do a photo booth, photographer, and DJ all in house- meaning they have people there already that have experience!!!! I used all but their photographer (I already had one chosen before I found this venue) and my guests LOVED their photo booth and had so much fun with it. Their DJ, Faith, is also amazing. She is super friendly and definitely knows how to feel the crowd and get them dancing!

If you are even considering doing your wedding in the Binghamton, Syracuse, Whitney Point, Ithaca area I say go check this place out. You will NOT regret it. They gave me such a perfect wedding day and I can't thank them enough.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Photobooth, Tables, Tents, Parking, Shuttle, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Covered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Celebrations was an excellent choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. John and Laurie throughout the whole process were reliable, organized, and efficient making the whole experience go smoothly. Celebrations has a lot to offer with the option of in house photography and DJ (and more recently photo-booth) and they also have a bunch of options regarding the food and drink so you can choose what is right for you. We opted out of the DJ and photography, but it was nice to have the option. We did participate in the photo-booth option and we don't regret that decision (all of the guests loved it). But, from the beginning to the very end, working with Celebrations was a wonderful experience. They truly made our day everything we ever imagined and I don't think we could have chosen a more perfect place for us to get married. Landscaping was flawless, food and drink were wonderful, and the staff was great. We would definitely recommend Celebrations to any one!

Profile Picture User4418209, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Event Planning, Outside Cake, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Our out of state son's and daughter-in-law's wedding was held here in August and was fabulous! They got married on the beautiful & immaculate grounds and the reception here could not have been more perfect! The staff was very helpful, friendly and efficient, the service was perfect, and the food/bar was spectacular. All the food from appetizers, dinner and dessert was beautifully presented, plentiful and delicious. The entire wedding day at Celebrations was a dream come true! Our guests raved about the facility and the reception, many said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Thank you to all the staff that made it all happen so perfectly!

Profile Picture User5526890, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography, Wedding Planning

Five stars do not do justice to the terrific job performed by Laurie, John, and the entire Celebrations staff! Beginning with our very first meeting almost a year before our wedding, my husband and I were so impressed with Laurie’s depth of knowledge about anything and everything having to do with weddings and receptions. Both Laurie and her husband John made it clear that Celebrations was committed to delivering a wedding ceremony and reception that my husband and I wanted. Every question we asked, every email we sent, and every request we made was answered by Laurie or John almost immediately and positively. Celebrations offers a wide array of options and can provide an amazing experience for any budget. Laurie was a tremendous help when it came to accommodating guests with special dietary requirements, making even dramatic changes without hesitation. Along those same lines, when we requested hors d’oeuvres that were not on their menu, they worked with their chefs to create exactly what we wanted, much to our and our guests delight.

My husband and I are from southeastern Pennsylvania and so we were thrilled to find out that Celebrations offered, in addition to catering, a photographer and a DJ. Having these options available to us made planning a destination wedding so much easier and also made our wedding day less stressful. Our photographer knew the best places to take photographs and was so efficient that we were able to enjoy the majority of our cocktail hour. In addition, a few days before our wedding day John told us that this was Celebrations first same-sex wedding ceremony and that he and their photographer Shannon had researched how to photograph same-sex weddings to make sure that we got the best pictures possible. Celebrations’ DJ, Dave, was so easy to work with! He took the list of songs we provided and effortlessly weaved in songs that complimented the overall mood we were trying to create.

After the ceremony our guests were taken back to the reception hall while the wedding party stayed down at the ceremony site to take pictures. Laurie and John sent down a bartender with drinks and then Laurie brought down a full complement of hors d’oeuvres so that we wouldn’t miss out on any part of our day.

My husband and I could not believe how many of our guests told us that this the best wedding they had ever attended and that the food was the best they had ever tasted at any catered event. These comments were coming from guests in their 50s and 60s who have attended dozens of weddings. After dinner had been served John and members of the Celebrations staff went to each table and asked each of our guests how their meals had been and if they needed anything else.

Laurie and John also have extensive experience with the best local florists and bakers, making coordinating flower and cake delivery and setup a breeze. After choosing a florist and baker for our event, it gave us tremendous confidence knowing that they had such positive relationships with the staff at Celebrations.

We cannot give Laurie and John enough credit for creating a wonderful wedding experience for my husband and me. We, and our guests, had a fabulous time and have so many great memories from that evening. Laurie and John are wonderful, knowledgeable people who will make your wedding day the most memorable experience of your lives.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/14/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very organized and quick to respond to questions during the planning process. Everything was beautiful and ran smoothly due to the owners who are right by your side the whole time for anything you may need. Beautiful grounds for an outdoor ceremony and very nice reception hall for a convienent location to party after the ceremony and guests don't have to drive anywhere. The food was amazing as well! This is a one-stop-shop (photography, DJ, linens, catering, and decorations are all taken care of should you choose to use all of their in-house vendors).

Profile Picture User2673380, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was amazing... The set up was perfect... Their DJ did a great job... The staff was helpful... The grounds were gorgeous... I don't have one bad thing to say about Celebrations! This was the first place my husband and I looked at am I am so glad we decided to have our picture perfect wedding there! John and Laurie were so helpful and made our wedding day even more enjoyable!

Profile Picture User1530736, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My groom and I can't say enough about the amazing job done by Laurie, John, DJ Faith, and all the Celebrations staff. Planning meetings and our rehearsal went very well - they walked us through everything and helped us plan things we hadn't even thought of. They did an amazing job decorating the facility for our wedding - I especially loved how they added some of their own decorations. It was wonderful not having to stress about set up, take down, or anything else. All of our guests thought the venue was perfect - nice reception hall, beautiful garden. The food was amazing. I also appreciated the bridal dressing room. During the reception, staff organized and packed up all of our things so me and my bridal party could just load it up and leave instead of spending an hour cleaning up. Very professional, great communication with us throughout the event - they obviously know what they're doing and have it down to an art. Thank you!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Photobooth, Tables, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres

This past September my wife and I were married in a small outdoor ceremony behind Celebrations Banquet Facility and then moved indoors there to have our reception. First off I’d like to say that we absolutely loved every minute of our wedding day and we have only heard wonderful things from other people.

We booked Celebrations at the end of last year after speaking to them via e-mail, over the phone, and also in person. Before I get too far into this review I would like to respond quickly to some of the other reviews that I have read regarding Celebrations and its owners. Many people have stated in their reviews about rudeness and not being able to have everything “your way.” The issue here first is that you choose a facility like Celebrations because you don’t want to do everything yourself. We live an hour and fifteen minutes away from Celebrations and in no way would have been able to do half of these things ourselves, so yes you do pay a little more for the convenience of not having to do things such as decorations, table place settings, etc… This is also probably why people think Laurie is rude. She isn’t. She is just very straightforward with people and has no problem telling you like it is. The fact is that they have a contract there that is quite specific as to what you can and can’t do and if you can’t do it, then Laurie will tell you. Personally, we liked that attitude because we knew in the end when the time had come for the wedding day, that everything would be the way it should be and that we didn’t have anything to worry about.

Now, on to all the good stuff. Booking Celebrations is easy as long as you have a deposit readily available. Note that you can not sign your contract until you have your deposit. The contract is very straightforward as to what packages consist of and how much all the fees associated with everything is, from adding on a photography package to using a more advanced table centerpiece to something as simple as upgrading the beef quality of an appetizer. Once signed and most of your final wedding decisions are made you sit down with Laurie and discuss what you want the room to look like and what decorations etc… you would like her to use. Then you just make you final payments and get together the last few things they need in the last couple weeks.

On our wedding day we arrived to an absolutely beautifully decorated room. The layout for both the ceremony and reception hall was perfect for our 100 guests. We had ordered a package that consisted of 6 appetizers, buffet dinner, and partial open bar. The appetizers were passed around graciously during the first hour or so after the ceremony and some were even brought down to the ceremony site for us to have during our pictures. The options for appetizers were tremendous and we picked a variety for everyone from chicken wings to baked brie to teriyaki steak medallions. Each and every appetizer was delicious.

Following this we entered the hall and after introductions were sat at a gorgeous well-lit head table. Dinner followed. The buffet style dinner consisted of a carved glazed pork loin, chicken cordon bleu, seafood jambalaya, and mushroom ravioli. I had some of each, except for the jambalaya (as it didn’t look like jambalaya to me and I wasn’t sure what it was at first). The chicken, pork, and ravioli were delicious and if I didn’t have room left for jambalaya anyways. After dinner you didn’t even know Laurie and John were around unless they ran out to say something to the photographer or shoot some photos themselves. They were rarely seen until the end of the night.

We also decided to hire Celebrations photographer. This was another decision we were very pleased with. Not only does the photographer herself run around taking photographs all day and night long, but John was also running around with a camera taking photographs. In the end we received almost 1500 high resolution images from them, 200 of them edited nicely, and some artistic edits as well.

I cannot attest to the abilities of their in-house DJ as we did not use them. We instead hired a live band, The Bob Cooper Band, to play for our ceremony and reception. From what I saw it seemed as if the staff of Celebrations, especially Laurie and John, worked extremely well with Bob Cooper while he emceed everything that went on throughout the day.

In the end we had an absolutely amazing time. Along the way Laurie and John are easily accessible to answer any questions you have regarding pretty much anything that they could help you with and they answer quickly. We would highly recommend Celebrations Banquet Facility for your event or wedding.

Profile Picture Jason, 9/18/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography

We had a beautiful and amazing wedding at celebrations. The decor was classy, the outdoor ceremony was heavenly, the food was to die for, and the DJ was perfect. All in all we couldn't have asked for any place better suited for the perfect outdoor venue and indoor reception. I would like to add that John was amazing, down to earth and really made you feel comfortable. Laurie on the other hand, I don't believe she should be dealing with the customers AT ALL! She was very unprofessional and rude before and during this special event which was uncalled for when it can be a stressful situation to begin with. If it wasn't for her they would have gotten 5 stars. She needs to stay behind the scenes.

Profile Picture Aimee, 7/31/09, 2 Reviews