Celebrations at the Bay Reviews

52 Reviews for Celebrations at the Bay

• Nijeria

Nijeria Thompson · Getting married on 07/01/2021

Just excellent

Bre was enthusiastic and smart

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/25/2020

Such a great experience!

Breanna was so easy to work with! She was honest, considerate and understanding! First venue we toured and we didn’t look any further.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Sharnai

Sharnai · Married on 09/13/2020

Before the wedding

Extremely helpful and lovely space

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Dumisani

Dumisani H Solwazi · Married on 08/01/2020

Uptown Catering

If you would told me that we could pull off a “Covid” Wedding in 3 weeks...I would’ve told you that you were crazy! Well...Jeff and Shonda, along with the Uptown team did just that! Knollview House was the location...the atmosphere was priceless! It gave the perfect backdrop for my Amazingly Beautiful Wife on our special day.

I’m very appreciative of the time and attention shown to our family in such a strange time...what thought was impossible became a very beautiful reality.

If you happen to make “Uptown” your choice...request Shonda Cherry as your day of coordinator and just enjoy your day...she will handle the rest!

Thanks Again
    Dumisani & Crystal

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Gemma

Gemma Okeefe · Married on 07/26/2020

Covid couldn't stop the love!!

Where to even begin? My daughter chose Celebrations as her venue last July, love at first sight! She had Maddy as her awesome wedding planner and we were all set by Jan with most details done for the June wedding. Then Covid struck. Maddy always remained in contact and provided updates as the quarantine lingered into April and May. We then were given the option to postpone at no cost, and due to her fiancé’s military obligations, we could only move it back one month.
    July came, the venue was open and Brittany, the amazing day of coordinator came into our lives. She went above and beyond to make the wedding the best it could be despite the craziness and circumstances we are in. Our guests wore masks, we danced with masks but so what? We had FUN and were able to still have the wedding. The food was absolutely superb, drinks were plentiful and everything was just perfect. The staff were all very friendly, and were working so hard all night with the new regulations in place ! I cannot recommend this venue more to anyone!!! And it is just a BEAUTIFUL venue!!!! Thank you so much !!!!

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany Willis · Married on 07/04/2020

Literally perfect!

Anne, Shonda, Tish, and the entire Catering by Uptown family made our wedding day beautiful and memorable! Thank you!

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • F

Fera Mo · Married on 03/15/2020

Beyond Perfect!

Celebrations at the Bay - Catering by Uptown made our special day very special!!! 😍🍾🥂

From food to decorations and services, Everything was done to perfection!!! I cannot thank them enough for doing a fantastic job.
    I appreciate everyone's hard work including Shonda, Tracy and all the office staff.
    Special thank you to Aimee, the event manager who went above and beyond to make my dream wedding come true! She is the Best event manager anyone could ask for. She made sure all my requests were met and re-created the looks I wanted.
    I'm beyond impressed with this company and their professional, enthusiastic employees.

Thank you very much for giving me the wedding I have always wanted. I know this was a very stressful time, but you guys made it a time to Remember! Our guests wouldn't stop talking about how beautiful, and perfect everything was.

Hire them, you won't regret it, Ever!!!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Bobby

Bobby Watts · Married on 12/10/2019

Beautiful Venue, Amazing Food & Staff!

Celebrations At The Bay was an absolutely amazing venue for our big day! Since day one of speaking with them, they were kind, professional, diligent and catered to our every need.

During the process, Cassidy and Anne helped us with the venue information, showing and food tasting. Alma was assigned to us as our "Day of Coordinator" and she was great! She helped out with everything from the timing of the event, to decorations, minor details - you name it- she was on top of it. She kept telling us "Your job is to have the best day ever and my job is to take care of everything else!" :)

The venue itself was absolutely gorgeous! We chose the Chesapeake Ballroom but for whatever reason, the venue next door was not being used- so we did our Bridal Party photos there as the rest of the guests came in for the ceremony. That really worked out nicely! The ceremony was held out back overlooking the water and it was absolutely gorgeous! The reception was inside and was the perfect size for 125 guests.

Our first look was on the dock overlooking the water and it was literally a storybook moment. To top if all off, we were treated to a full rainbow across the entire bay as we were taking photos! Having a rainbow in our photos at such a beautiful venue- there are simply no words....

The food was absolutely amazing! All of our guests kept commenting on just how good the food was. As the bride and groom, we were well cared for, constantly having Hors d'oeuvres & appetizers handed to us before the big meal. This was a huge plus- as we are always hungry!

Can't recommend them enough! Thank you again Alma!

Carly & Bobby

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie Tolson · Married on 11/17/2019

Wonderful experience

Celebrations was amazing to work with! They are an inclusive venue. They provide ceremony and reception space, catering, bar, cake, day of coordinator, and other necessary staff.

When touring Anne was very energetic and upbeat. She answered all of our questions, or was honest and told us she would have to look into it and email us a proper answer.

After booking, Lauren helped coordinate appointments and helped with any questions we had about their planing website. She checked in via e-mail often, and responded to any e-mails in a reasonable amount of time.

Our day of coordinator, provided by the venue, was Aimee and she was beyond amazing! She definitely made sure I didn't have anything to worry about that day, she did a fantastic job at keeping everything on track, and even if we made last minute changes to the time line, she was on top of it ( having a Sunday wedding means we ended up moving things up as we went) .

Everyone we worked with was great and we had a wonderful experience with them!

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Irum

Irum Ahmad · Married on 11/15/2019

Wedding Dreams Came True

I had a two day-bi cultural wedding at Celebrations at the Bay and the team there made my wedding dreams come true! From their kindness, professionalism to the level of accommodations they made for us for our unique wedding, they truly were the best team and venue to work with! Outside of the standard necessities for an American wedding they also were able to make all the accommodations for a South Asian Bangladeshi wedding. They were able to provide halal food for all of our guests both nights, were flexible and genuinely excited by a ceremony of a different culture and even had their own vendors (such as food and staging) that were necessary for the Bangladeshi ceremony. They are extremely hands on and helpful during the planning process and day of they go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable, relaxed and most importantly excited for your big day! Thank you for the wedding of our dreams Celebrations!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Irvin · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing View and Experience Worth Every Penny

Breathtaking view with reasonable pricing and all inclusive packages. Anne Portell was wonderful and spent a lot of time with us running numbers and answering all of our questions.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/10/2019

Breathtaking views and amazing experience all around!

My husband and I were married at Celebrations just about 2 weeks ago and we were so happy we picked this place for our ceremony and reception! We wanted a waterfront wedding and this place was everything we envisioned at a price right in our budget! We had our ceremony and reception on the Vista Tented Ballroom side on a gorgeous day in mid-August. All of our guests were blown-away with the breathtaking views of the water and greenery when they walked in. Celebrations actually has 3 venues within this particular property and there were 2 other smaller weddings happening at the same time as ours, however we did not even know because of the amazing acoustics and the way they separate and stagger each event. Celebrations was the perfect place to make our wedding vision come to life and we are so happy we picked this venue for our special day!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Jessie · Married on 09/29/2018

This venue is AMAZING. We got married on the ballroom side and our ceremony was on the deck overlooking the water. We had phenomenal weather which made for a picture perfect ceremony. The venue is simply gorgeous no matter whether you decide for the ballroom side or the tent side. The staff is beyond compare. I don't think we would have been happy getting married anywhere else. Other venues we looked at were ok, but once we saw the view we would be having, we knew Celebrations was the only choice. We loved that everything was included. We did not need to hire a wedding coordinator/planner or find a caterer/bakery. It was effortless and stress free. We loved our consultations and deciding on how we wanted the tables set. There are endless patterns, colors, cloth textures, folded napkin styles, flatware, and more, to choose from. They take care of it all. Not to mention, there are a variety of beautiful centerpieces to choose from as well. I was honestly worried that we needed to "jazz up" the centerpieces but they were beautiful as it. Celebrations really knows what they are doing. They are also super flexible. There were modifications to the guest count AFTER the final headcount was due and we were accommodated. Cindy and Eileen were beyond amazing to work with. Both so friendly and always willing to help. The waitstaff was off the charts spectacular. They were very attentive and polite. They all had a smile on their faces. Some of our guests had been to weddings at Celebrations before and they left our wedding saying it was better than when they had been previously! I can not say enough good things about Celebrations by the Bay. The food was amazing, all the guests left every well fed! With (most) everything taken care of by Celebrations, the wedding planning process was very stress free and easy!

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Vitoria

Vitoria · Married on 08/25/2018

A blast experience!

Since the moment we got in touch with Olivia, she was always being very kind and attentive with us, always making sure we were understanding each point and giving her best to make our day as much perfect as it could be. Olivia and all the team who worked in our special day did a great job. Our guests enjoyed the food, the decorations, the hospitality and specially the drinks, so did we - Specially Messi, the waitress who was always serving us (groom and bride). She was the sweetest one and we didn’t spend even one minute without drinks! Lastly, what a place! We were really luckily to find it. We highly recommend Celebrations at the Bay just as the whole team. Thanks for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2018

Beautiful venue!

Everything was picture perfect! Food, set up, coordinator, absolutely everything was amazing! I have not one single complaint. I’m so glad we got married here!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2018

Marissa and the entire staff at celebrations at the bay are amazing! Our wedding was flawless and they tended to our every need and want. I cannot say enough about how great Marissa was as my day of coordinator. She made me feel at ease and I really was able to enjoy our wedding day. The decor was exactly as I imagined. The food was delicious and she even helped to make sure my guests were able to use a cotton candy machine that I provided. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to ensure everyone had a great time. I highly recommend celebrations at the bay, you will be so happy on your big day!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

We were married yesterday and from the beginning back in January our experience has been nothing but extraordinary! Celebrations first made it a possibility to come view the place the day we called! They worked it out for us on short notice. Once we decided this was it Katelyn contacted us. She basically communicated with us to set up our tasting. She was ALWAYS very prompt in answering my many email questions! When we met her for the tasting she was very knowledgeable, professional, but most important to us, she was so warm and friendly that we felt like we were making arrangements with a friend rather than with a business!
    The next few months Katelyn went farcabd beyond the service we ever were expecting. She always made us feel like it is our day and made sure everything was to our liking! And again, always answered my questions promptly and closer to the date there were many!
    For our actual wedding day Ashley would be taking care of us. I must say who ever was following Katelyn had some big shoes to fill and Ashley was just as great as Katelyn!
    She first told me that I am the guest and I will not have to worry about anything, that was her job and she was true to her word.
    She ran out wedding professionally but yet so politely! She took care of us as if she knew us, and wanted us to have a special day the same way our friends and family wanted us to!
    She kept to our time agenda without ever being pushy and always with a smile!
    If you want to be married at a place where they plan for you like you are a friend rather than some stranger then Celebrations at the Bay is for you! And I must mention the surrounding! With the bay as your back drop makes for a beautiful and romantic setting.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Nushat · Married on 09/16/2017

I had my wedding on 9/3/2017 at the venue and I loved it! I knew I would. I had a brunch wedding and the ceremony was outside on the pier. It was amazing. Everyone loved the food. Ms. Vicky the day of coordinator that comes with your package is the absolute best! She kept me calm, she helped in so many ways even with my outside vendors. Because of her, everything flowed, she made sure that it was the best day ever. I wouldn't change anything about where I held this special day! Oh and the pictures and video were all amazing as well because the venue has such a lovely backdrop!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kristina · Married on 07/01/2017

Everyone helping with our wedding was very responsive. Brianna was wonderful during our consultation and viewing the venue for the first time. Cindy was very responsive during the process of designing or wedding look and food tasting. Aimee was our day of coordinator and helped make my vision come alive. She was very helpful making sure all decor was placed how I had hoped and made sure I stayed calm during the day. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding with a spectacular view and an awesome staff!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2016

Great experience and my day of coordinatier was Elaine and she was awesome!!!! She made sure everything was perfect!! We had a beautiful night and an amazing wedding!!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kendall · Married on 08/20/2016

This venue is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I had found this venue online years before my husband and I were even engaged, it was on Pinterest and the pictures were amazing. Three days after we were engaged, we went to visit the venue, it was a beautiful morning in July, and it was STUNNING! The idea of getting married there made me so giddy, and my husband loved everything about it. We had the tented ballroom side and it did not disappoint! That day we had them draw up a contract and we signed it and gave them our deposit on the spot. It was our dream space. We didn't have a specific date in mind, just that we wanted it to be summer of 2016, so we took the next and basically only available one they had.

The planning journey had begun. This place includes caterer, food, bar, linens, tables, chairs, place settings, staff, cake and much much more! The planning night you have is where you meet the wedding coordinators and go over everything you want for the wedding, linens, table settings, food tastings, it was this night we met Sandra, our wedding coordinator. SHE IS AMAZING!!! I am a very particular person and was an extremely particular bride, I had a vision and Sandra helped bring it to life! She did everything and I mean EVERYTHING to make sure all my details were in place, if something went wrong that day I didn't know! She even hand picked the staff so that our day would run as smoothly as possible. Our wedding day was beautiful and magical and I owe it to all her time and patience. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Bruce · Married on 05/28/2016

Memorial Day weekend wedding for 170 people. Beautiful venue with views of the Chesapeake. The food and service is nothing short of awesome. The planning staff (Miranda Clark) and day of coordinator (Elisabeth Olateau) were terrific to work with and made sure that everything was thoroughly and well planned and executed smoothly. Everyone had a wonderful time and it was an memorable event for our daughter and son in law. We also used many of the parent company (Catering By Uptown) preferred vendors: Maher Florist, Hampton Inn BWI as base hotel, and DJ Delights. Tom Gavin at DJ Delights in particular was awesome and really kept the party going. Everyone was up and dancing the whole night. A great experience.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Kevin · Married on 10/17/2015

The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. The venue is picturesque and welcoming. All the staff are incredibly courteous, professional, and kind to guests. The office staff is phenomenal as well (they responded to my emails usually within the hour). There is an incredible selection of hor d'ouerves and entrees and the once selected the food is delicious and amazing. Everything about this place was wonderful for our wedding and I couldn't be happier. The only "flaw" I would say is the price in that things may be a bit over-priced. However, the experience more than compensates.

Sent on 10/25/2015
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/11/2015

We just had our ceremony and reception at Celebrations and it was perfect! Eileen was our coordinator and she was amazing. I didn't worry at all because she was on top of everything. She went above and beyond to help give us a perfect wedding. She was so helpful and even took all of our ceremony floral arrangements to decorate the reception space, making the most out of our beautiful flowers. The food was great and the venue was beautiful. We were lucky enough to have perfect weather, which gave us an amazing view of the water and sunset. I would definitely recommend Celebrations to anyone looking for a beautiful venue.

Sent on 10/28/2015