CD & ME Reviews

CD & ME 6
CD & ME 7

Stacy Deming · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful Venue, Great to work with

We had our wedding at The Loft location in October this year-everything turned out wonderful! Catherine, Marnie and the staff at CD & ME were such a pleasure to work with, were very professional and handled many details so we could have a fun and beautiful day! It poured rain earlier in the day and they were on the spot, checking weather and ready as the ceremony approached to pull the ceremony inside if needed. We didn't need it as the weather ended up clearing, but they were ready, and able to do what was needed. They had the right amount of "we've got this" mixed with asking us what we would like or what our preference would be. I highly recommend this location. It's a bit pricey, but I thought it was well worth it given the beauty of the location, the professionalism and preparedness of the staff, ease of working with them and things they did that went above and beyond for making our wedding day extremely special-highly recommend!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Sarah Young · Married on 09/01/2018

The perfect venue

We had the pleasure of having our September 1st ceremony and reception in The Loft at CD&ME. We knew we wanted a unique venue and from the first time we toured CD&ME, we knew it was special. Catherine immediately felt like family and was so easy to work with. No matter how many emails/questions we sent her way, she was always prompt in response. The whole team at CD&ME was so organized and professional. Every detail was thought of and planned for. Catherine communicated with all the vendors to arrange setup, deliveries, and take down - we didn't have to worry about a thing! Our day of coordinator, Kathy, was fantastic. She seemed so genuinely excited for our special day and kept everything running smoothly. We had a few last minute changes to our seating chart the day of the wedding and Catherine & Kathy took care of everything. We could not be happier in our choice to have our wedding at CD&ME!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Barb · Married on 05/25/2018

Catherine and her team was OUTSTANDING!!! The Loft that we used was perfect for my daughter's rustic wedding. The venue was so accommodating! Everyone was saying how beautiful the grounds where from the waterfall to the lake to the large fire pit. Everything was PERFECT. Thank you so much for a fairy tale wedding for my daughter.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Kristen · Married on 10/21/2016

Cd & Me was perfect. Catherine was so amazing and helpful from the time we first viewed the venue to the day of our wedding! Cathy was absolutely amazing the day of the wedding and made sure everything went perfectly. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding thanks to Cd & Me

Sent on 11/03/2016
  • Future Mrs. Y

Brittany · Married on 08/02/2015

I have not actually had my wedding yet but I feel I should post a review now anyway! I fell in love with this venue from the moment I walked in the door! It has a beautiful rustic feeling for anybody looking for that type of rustic country wedding! The people that work there are awesome! Catherine always responds right away to any of my emails and they are very accommodating! The price for what you get is not bad because they include all of the tables and chairs and open bar! If you email them they will send you pricing and information!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Laura · Married on 07/25/2015

Absolutely amazing- Catherine & Marni were amazing to work with, always quick to respond to any questions/concerns. Most beautiful location we'd looked at by far.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Kelsey · Married on 07/11/2015

I had my wedding at CD&ME on July 11th, 2015, and my husband and I had a truly wonderful experience.

From the moment we walked in, we fell in love with the rustic-yet-elegant feel of the Loft location. I especially loved that we could use the outdoor gazebo for the ceremony and then be steps away from the indoor-outdoor reception area. The glass garage doors are beautiful, and all of the landscaping is professional and well-maintained. It was visually a stunning location.

We really enjoyed working with Catherine for the planning. She was very professional, organized, and made us feel comfortable. My favorite part was how flexible everything was and how much they supported my slightly non-traditional requests. They also kept me on top of things, which was very helpful!

When it came to the day of the wedding, we worked with the hostess Marni, who I adored. We had some drizzle right before the ceremony, but Marni watched the radar and we ended up being able to start right on time with no rain. She made sure the staff dried off the chairs and that everything was ready to go. During the reception, she made sure the vendors were being handled properly and that we stayed on time. I didn't hear any complaints!

Overall, I had a really incredible wedding at CD&ME. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a unique venue in the Chicagoland area.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Melanie · Married on 04/24/2015

CD & Me made the whole wedding planning process painless and smooth. They were so helpful, covered so much, and were so comforting during the process that I never felt stressed about the big day being a success-and it was everything I wanted to be. My guests loved the location too! We got a lot of compliments. Also because the venue has so much character and beauty already you don't have to really decorate-which saves money, time, and stress. GREAT venue!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Amy · Married on 09/20/2014

Where do I begin! Beautiful venue and amazing people to work with! Catherine, the wedding coordinator, makes sure you are on track the whole time through planning. She is extremely knowledgeable and makes you feel at ease through the process. The DJ is included in the cost, and they are great! They have a huge tasting that you are invited to where they decorate the tent (Mica, where my wedding was) just like a wedding, and all of their preferred vendors set up and are there to answer your questions. The caterers (there are 3) all have food that you can try, and the cake place does as well. Really fun night! On our actual wedding day, is was raining in the morning, but I was not worried at all. Catherine and her team are great at watching the doppler so that you can fit your ceremony in perfectly. Luckily, the rain stopped for us just when we needed it to. The team there also takes down all of your centerpieces and such for you afterwards and you can pick it up the next morning. Very accommodating! It was also perfect because we didn't want your typical banquet hall wedding. The landscaping is so nice that we didn't have to purchase flowers to decorate outdoors. It is also quite reasonable for this day and age, but your price per plate will vary depending on the caterer you choose. I really just can't say enough positive things about this place...we LOVED every part of it! Thank you CD&ME!

Sent on 10/08/2014

From the moment we took our first step on the grounds, everything was absolutely perfect!!! I suggest you check it out, the landscape is absolutely breathtaking. But having a beautiful landscape isnt what makes your big day run smooth, its the staff! CD and Me's staff ALWAYS went above and beyond! Catherine, the coordinator, responded quickly, was always available to meet or speak to and was very flexible and helpful. This made the planning process so painless and fun! I really enjoyed meeting with her and talking. The entire staff is amazing!!!! The DJ Ray was very nice and he knows how to get people on the dance floor. The other coordinators where there to help make sure my big day ran smoothly and did a fabulous job! We were married on the patio of the Mica, and were at the mercy of mother nature that day, trying to beat the storm for the ceremony. Catherine and her team did such an excellent job that I never panic, stressed or worried about how this might turn out. We started the ceremony a few minuets early, which we discussed in our meetings that could be a possibility if weather was an issue. It began to lightly drizzle and the CD and Me crew were right there handing our guests umbrella's so they would not get wet. We finished our ceremony just in time and everyone made it into the tent right before the rain came. It was such a memorable ceremony! The reception was amazing !!!! The Mica is one strong tent and held up pretty well against strong winds and heavy rain. My overall experience with CD and Me was nothing short than exceptional and I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for an unique and beautiful venue! You will not be disappointed! Thank you CD and ME

Sent on 07/22/2014

My husband and I got married at CD & ME. The venue provided a lot of the elements that would be needed for the day of the wedding as part of the cost- this made planning, and the actual wedding day very carefree and much less stressful. We are so glad we chose this venue. Our wedding day at CD and ME was absolutely beautiful and perfect.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Caroline · Married on 08/11/2012

Loved everything about our wedding here :) what a magical place!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Caitlin · Married on 09/15/2018

When we looked at CD & ME the price was a little steep, however the venue is so worth it! We booked in the loft and it is such a unique venue that is unlike any of the traditional banquet halls that you see at most weddings. Also if you are looking for something rustic feeling without going so far as a barn, the loft is the perfect blend. It has a rustic, romantic, industrial, indoor/outdoor feel that really sets it apart from many other venues. It has a bit of the rustic flare without being a true barn. The lighting and the grounds are so beautiful during the day but at night, OMG! We got married at 5:30pm and the sun was setting (but not in everyone's eyes) and then enjoyed cocktail hour on the patio. By the time we settled in for dinner the string lights were on and there was a very romantic, cozy feel. They also have three huge garage doors that they open up to the patio space to promote the feel of an indoor/outdoor wedding. We got super lucky in that we had a perfect night where everyone ventured in and out all night long. I was a little weary of putting some of the guests upstairs in the loft but we just made sure that they were some of the younger guests that wouldn't be afraid to come back downstairs for dancing and drinks. Also, the bar is open during dinner!! This was a huge selling point for my husband as he hates the mad dash when everyone gets drinks before dinner. Finally, I will say the staff here is simply to die for! I really contemplated getting a wedding planner for all the details but once I started working with Catherine and Kathy I realized there was no need. These ladies are fantastic! Catherine took care of so many of the details in the week before the wedding and ensured that all the vendors knew where to go and when to get there. Kathy was with us for the evening and really was amazing at making sure everything was taken care of and nothing got missed. Our guests raved about how beautiful the place was and how unique it truly was.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    CD & ME 14
    CD & ME 15
  • John & Kimberly

John & Kimberly · Married on 06/04/2011

BEAUTIFUL ceremony & reception! They were incredibly accommodating. It poured prior to the ceremony, and they delayed the ceremony so it could remain outside. They also got all the water off the ground and cleaned off all the seats (several times since it started to rain again). I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Deanne · Married on 07/03/2010

We were looking for a wedding venue that offered something different than your traditional banquet hall- and CD & ME was perfect! We worked with Catherine up until our wedding day. Everything we wanted to do, she was okay with (and we were picky!). They were extremely flexible in allowing us to personalize our big day. A few days before the wedding we dropped off 3 car loads of decorations - they were set up perfectly by the CD & ME staff the day of our wedding. We also worked with two wedding coordinators the night of our wedding, Jen & Kris. We were very nervous considering we hadn't met them before the wedding day, but they went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. While CD&ME is very expensive, its a guarantee you will love having your wedding there!

Sent on 07/20/2010

Erin · Married on 06/15/2007

Excellent outside wedding ceremony under the gazebo, great DJ included in the price who does music for the ceremony as well! Staff take care of everything! Beautiful outside, cool inside, I would suggest this location for anyone!

Sent on 05/03/2008

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2018

Sweetest Day

We wanted to have the wedding outside, but were having a Midwest weather kind of day: snow, wind, and sun. The ceremony inside was beautiful and we were able to still get the outside feel by having the door open and the fire going. Cathy and Kathy took good care of us!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Stacy · Married on 08/13/2010

3.0

The entire staff was fantastic, I highly recommend this place! The only downfall is that the DJ is included with the cost and you don't get to pick him. My DJ never returned my phone calls and played songs that I had asked him not too. Luckily I had a band playing most of the night to make up for it. Other than that the place is perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2007

3.0

CD and Me was an awesome ceremony and reception location. It has beautiful landscaping and has a great feel that was perfect for what we wanted. It is not like a typical banquet hall and is both casual and elegant at the same time. The staff is great and easy to work with. It was sometimes hard to get a response back during planning, but everything worked out and was fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone for any event.

Sent on 03/29/2008

3.5

CD & ME provided the showcase for a truly memorable evening. We absolutely adored working with Catherine (their head planner and event booker) and everyone on her team. The team and venue exceeded our expectations in many ways. We received so many compliments on our venue selection after the weddding. It was especially wonderful having so much confidence in their team from the very beginning andt they delivered without a doubt.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/16/2015

3.4
      3.0

Cd & Me is a beautiful venue with outside landscaping. When my husband and I were looking for a venue we did not want a traditional venue in a church or a ballroom and thought this would be an excellent alternative. Though are wedding was absolutely beautiful, it was highly expensive. The only thing Cd & Me offers is the venue itself and the dj with premium 4 and a half liquor package including NO shots, which is fine. Our wedding was a beautiful outside wedding that was a great time also the representatives at Cd & Me could have gotten back to my husband, father, or I much sooner than expected with regarding questions. Other than that it was a good experience.

Sent on 05/29/2015