Cattus Quartet Reviews

18 | Pacific Palisades, CA

18 Reviews for Cattus Quartet

18 Cattus Quartet Reviews

Cipriano Macabuhay · Married on 09/08/2018

An enchanting element to any ceremony, professional and courteous, brilliant in their execution

Lydia was our primary contact and she was a dream to work with. Her professionalism, attentiveness, and creativity made for such a pleasant experience. She was instrumental (pun intended?) in helping us select the perfect music choices for every element of the wedding day. Their music selection is incredibly diverse and versatile; from classical staples to contemporary covers, Cattus beautifully performed music that appealed to our guests of all ages and musical tastes.

Cattus Quartet provided the ceremony music and also performed during our cocktail hour. The ceremony music was angelic, having strings accompany my bride's walk down the aisle created a perfect soundtrack to a memory I will never forget. Their performance during cocktail hour was fun, energetic, and unique; weeks after the wedding, I am still receiving so many compliments on their music.

Music is such an integral element in creating the perfect atmosphere and tone for your wedding. Having a string quartet was such a fun and intimate detail. Cattus is an absolute dream to work with. Their professionalism and experience distinguish them in an industry that has many quality options; their beautiful music creates memories that you will cherish forever.

Jan · Married on 08/11/2018

Cattus Quartet made a wonderful contribution to our son's wedding! Many people remarked how lovely their presence and their music were during the ceremony, reception and dinner. Cattus Quartet has a repertoire of music that was perfect for the celebration and ballroom venue. Our son and his wife loved having them as part of their wedding. I highly recommend Cattus Quartet and would use them again!

Jen · Married on 01/13/2018

Cattus Quartet played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We had trio instead of quartet and I have to say I was so BEYOND happy that we hired them. They are wonderful and have a huge song library! Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was and right as I was about to walk down the aisle, I heard the music start and it just set the tone for me (in the best way). Lydia was wonderful to work with. Very professional and always responded in a timely manner! I HIGHLY suggest hiring them! You will not be disappointed!

Daniel · Married on 12/30/2017

I was initially indifferent when my wife suggested we have a string quartet for our outdoor wedding ceremony, but I am so glad I listened to her as we were able to seamlessly customize the tone of our ceremony to our music selection and transition from each portion of our ceremony smoothly! I only realize this after the fact, but you really have more creativity latitude with your ceremony when using a live performing group like Cattus Quartet. I recently went to a beautiful outdoor ceremony where the music was played from a stereo and the moment, the effect, the vibe was just not the same.

My wife found Cattus Quartet off of Gigmasters and ultimately went with Lydia and her group not only because of their vast library of songs and affordable rate, but because they also donate a portion of their proceeds to animal welfare groups. Lydia was extremely easy to work with. For instance, I wanted to add some background music during my vows and was able to secretly coordinate that with Lydia. My wife also really wanted to walk up to Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap, but specifically wanted me to see her for the first time at a specific part in that song; Cattus Quartet made that happen without a hitch. They sounded great and added to the already beautiful ambiance of our ceremony site at Westlake Village Inn.

If you are looking for a string quartet, go with Cattus Quartet. If you are thinking of using a stereo, please listen to your fiancee, reconsider, and then go with Cattus Quartet. Our only complaint was not being able to host their cat Kiki. ;)

Emi · Married on 10/28/2017

Cattus was superb! We were looking for a classy string quartet for our botanic garden reception, and selected Cattus for their musicianship, repertoire, and responsiveness. Their cohesiveness as a group (evident in their videos) immediately stood out to my husband, who’s a musician himself. Lydia, the group’s manager, was very friendly and easy to work with as we coordinated details and came up with a song list that included classical during the meal, and then a medley of some of our favorite pop, rock, and musical hits for the remainder of the evening. Cattus more than delivered on our event day and performed memorable custom arrangements of Kenny G’s “Songbird” for our father-daughter dance and Celine Dion’s “The Power of Love” for our last dance. Many of our guests commented to us how impressed they were by the music, and that they felt they could sing right along. The string quartet added elegance to and accentuated our garden setting on a warm Southern California evening. We highly recommend!

Cattus Quartet 1
    Cattus Quartet 2
    Cattus Quartet 3

Scott · Married on 09/23/2017

5 stars, as good as it gets. We hired them for our wedding and couldn't have been more pleased. Lydia was amazing, along with the rest of string quartet. The whole experience was great. It took a little longer than planned to start the ceremony and they didn't miss a beat. They kept playing and ran the whole ceremony seamlessly. Lydia was responsive and was very friendly when answering all my dumb questions. They were very professional, looked great, and sounded incredible. They really put a special touch on our ceremony and can't thank them enough. Don't hesitate you found the best!

Cattus Quartet 4
    Cattus Quartet 5

Elizabeth · Married on 07/21/2017

If I could I would give this group six stars! They were so wonderful to work with have enormous talent. If you are looking for live wedding music provided by a group of dedicated, brilliant, and professional musicians, look no further. I was very impressed by the range of their repertoire - everything from Beatles to Bach... and even more. They will arrange songs not on their repertoire for a nominal fee, so there's no excuse not to hire this lovely group. If you need another reason to hire these talented people... they give a portion of their earnings to animal charities! I highly recommend Cattus Quartet!

Sue · Married on 07/01/2017

From beginning to end, Cattus Quartet was amazing. They were great to work with, incredibly talented, accommodating and added so much to our wedding ceremony. Cattus Quartet was the perfect way to start our special day and I still get a little emotional thinking about how beautifully they played. I would highly recommend this group and would hire them again.

Michael · Married on 06/10/2017

I can't be happier with my experience with Cattus. I wanted to hire a string group to play All You Need is Love while I proposed to my girlfriend, so I did a ton of research. I was simply blown away by their video samples, and when I contacted them, they were so helpful and quick to respond to all my questions, so I knew I was in great hands. On the day of, their playing was excellent and even better than their samples. My girlfriend said it was the perfect touch and added so much to the experience. I've already recommend them to my buddy who is getting married next June.

Thanks so much Cattus!

Sally · Married on 04/22/2017

We were looking for a quartet for our daughter's wedding and found Cattus Quartet. We couldn't be happier. They did an amazing job. Planning was so easy as Lydia answered all of my emails within minutes. I am so happy to have had them perform and I can't say enough nice things about them. My daughter walked down the aisle to Here, There and Everywhere. It was just gorgeous. At cocktail hour they played all of our requests and more. They are just amazing!

George · Married on 04/15/2017

Cattus Quartet provided our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Lydia was very easy to work with and responded to all our inquiries in a very timely manner. Her professionalism, talent, and organization were very commendable. They also give a part of their proceeds to charities supporting animals which I love. Many people asked us at our wedding about them and I would not hesitate to give my highest recommendation.

Ellen · Married on 02/04/2017

They were absolutely the best vendor I hired for my wedding. They were prompt with their responses and super helpful in deciding songs for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I was so impressed by their videos and website, and they didn't disappoint in person. My uncle, who is a professional musician, raved about their playing. I could not be happier with their level of professionalism and playing. Highly recommended!!

Justin · Married on 12/17/2016

I've always wanted a string section to play at my wedding. When I came across videos of the Cattus Quartet I was blown away and contacted them immediately. Lydia was my point of contact. She was super friendly and quickly responded to my emails. Cattus Quartet played during the cocktail hour at my wedding. I chose songs from their contemporary list of music. When I had asked them if they could play some Drake songs (since it wasn't on the list they provided) they were very accommodating and made sure to play a couple of his songs during the cocktail hour. If that didn't win me over already, they donate a portion of each completed engagement to various charitable organizations. All in all, they were absolutely amazing and exceeded all my expectations!

Jaxon · Married on 12/07/2016

I was looking for both classical music and more fun pop songs played at my wedding, so I hired Cattus because I was so impressed by their videos. They are obviously great musicians who can play all these genres of music. And I wasn't disappointed. They helped make my wedding ceremony so classy but really added to the upbeat and lively mood we envisioned. I highly recommend this exceptionally talented group!

Jenna · Married on 11/12/2016

I couldn't be happier with Cattus Quartet. They made my wedding so special! I chose them based on their videos, and they sounded even better in person. I asked them to play some songs for my ceremony and cocktail hour that are a bit unusual, but their versions of the songs were so awesome. I had people commenting on how great they sounded and how cool it was to hear these songs played by a string quartet. If you want to add a classy and fun touch to your wedding, they are the group to pick! Super professional and easy to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Mischa · Married on 10/11/2016

Great group, totally professional, easy to work with. I definitely recommend this group to anyone in search of a String Quartet!

Esther

I just received a handwritten card from Cattus Quartet in the mail after they played at my wedding. I couldn't have been happier with them. They were a pleasure to work with and made the process so easy. They provided the perfect ambiance to the cocktail hour and their renditions of Beatles hits and other non-classical songs was super fun but still classy. My guests raved about how wonderful they sounded. I highly recommend Cattus Quartet! For their level of playing and professionalism, they're worth every penny.

Audrey · Married on 10/15/2016

I can't recommend this group highly enough. I heard them play at my friend's wedding, and their rendition of John Legend's All of Me as she walked down the aisle was so beautiful and moving. I recently hired the quartet for an an event at work and they were super responsive and helpful, always responding back to my emails within hours (or even minutes). On the day of the event, they all showed up early and were friendly and professional.

What stood out to me was that they even staggered their breaks so that there was music continuously playing (duos playing during breaks). They told me later that they did this because people were dancing, and they did not want to interrupt the music. Talk about caring about the needs of your clients! Not only do they sound great (I had people commenting on their playing all night), I really can't say enough about the professionalism of this group. Thank you, Cattus Quartet!