Cathy Ebrada Atelier Reviews

Cathy Ebrada Atelier 3
Cathy Ebrada Atelier 4
Cathy Ebrada Atelier 5

Grace Fennell · Married on 10/06/2018

Grace Fennell Bergin (Bride)

I could not have been happier with the professional, expert, and affordable services I received from Cathy Ebrada!!! Having Cathy Ebrada customize my wedding dress and design/make a custom veil out of both my grandma’s wedding dress and my mom’s wedding dress was the most enjoyable, meaningful, and special part of the wedding planning process! Both my dress and veil turned out perfectly - absolutely breathtaking and timeliness. The fact that both my dress and veil included/incorporated three generations of my family and the most important women/people in my life, made me so happy. I am so happy that my wedding dress and veil are now a family heirloom containing three generations that can be passed down to future generations to come in my family.
    Not only is Cathy Ebrada an incredibly talented artist and designer, she was an absolute joy to work with! Cathy was incredibly responsive, flexible, accommodating, and able to work in a very condensed timeline (we had a very short engagement because we really wanted to get married Columbus Day Weekend at my family’s farm in Leesburg, VA). Cathy Ebrada was able to customize my wedding dress, design, and make my veil from scratchy from my grandma’s and mom’s wedding dress, and customize/design my mom’s Mother-of-the-Bride dress for the wedding (that looked absolutely perfect on my mom and she looked so beautiful!) – in less than 7-weeks time! Cahty Ebrada made the whole process so relaxing and enjoyable – traveling to my mom and I for all of our fittings and design sessions.
    Most incredible of all, Cathy Ebrada and her assistant came to help dress me in my wedding dress and put on my veil before the wedding ceremony. Additionally, Cathy Ebrada and her assistance carried my veil and ensured it was laid out on the ground perfectly up until the moment my Dad and I began our walk down the aisle to the alter. Likewise, Cathy Ebrada stayed to help ensure everything was perfect with my dress and veil while we were taking photographs after the wedding during the cocktail hour. Furthermore, the Monday after the wedding, Cathy personally traveled to our house to pick up my wedding dress and veil to clean and preserve.
    At all times, Cathy Ebrada was respectful, poised, professional, and wonderful to work with. Cathy Ebrada made my wedding dress and veil (and wedding!) even more special than I ever thought possible! I highly recommend Cathy Ebrada for your wedding dress and veil needs and/or any event you may have coming up and need a beautiful dress custom made or have a dress tailored!!!

Cathy Ebrada Atelier 6
    Cathy Ebrada Atelier 18
    Cathy Ebrada Atelier 19
    Sent on 10/16/2018

Serina · Married on 10/15/2017

This review is super late, but I wanted to wait until I had a nice photo of my dress. Cathy runs a very small business in which she does all of the design and bead work in-house. She provides you with a sketch of your dream gown and then sees you through the entire process. I have never designed anything. However, Cathy helped me from start to finish and gave me ideas on how to improve the design to make sure I kept within my theme. Each time I see a photo of my wedding dress, my eyes fill up with tears. I couldn't possibly be anymore happy with the finished product. If you are a bride that wants a unique look for their wedding day, I would highly recommend Cathy's services.

Cathy Ebrada Atelier 20
    Sent on 03/06/2018

Taylor · Married on 08/12/2017

I had a great experience using Ebrada Atelier for my wedding dress alterations for my wedding on August 12th, 2017. Cathy was so helpful, friendly, and accommodating. My dress was very unique and very difficult to alter, but Cathy did a great job with it and it turned out beautifully. She really made sure that my dress was altered properly and she didn't do what was easiest, but what was best for the dress. She is very knowledgeable and experienced, and I feel grateful that I was able to have such a talented and passionate person do my dress alterations. Cathy was very responsive to texts and was very flexible with scheduling dress fittings, and letting us come by outside of normal business hours since I do not live in the area and could only do fittings on the weekends. She also altered my bridesmaids' dresses, and they also turned out great.
    Cathy came to the venue on my wedding day to steam my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and the mothers of the bride and groom's dresses. Cathy did us a huge favor by bringing my dress to the venue in the morning. We were on such a tight schedule as the wedding was at 11:00 AM and we would not have made it there in time with the dress for the photographer to take photos of my dress before I put it on. She helped me get into my dress and was able to make quick alterations to any of the dresses if necessary. She also made sure to show my bridesmaids how to bustle my dress before the ceremony so they would be able to do it before the reception. Cathy was so great to work with, and I would definitely recommend Ebrada Atelier to anyone needing dress alterations!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Leiah · Married on 12/31/2016

Cathy saved me from having to wear a dress I hated that I bought from Leesburg Bridal. They never asked me how tall I was and when I received my dress I quickly realized it was too short to wear with heels. I was devastated and the other boutique refused to refund my money. Cathy went above and beyond with my new gown to make sure I was in love with it and even let me borrow a custom made belt that I didn't want to pay the extra money for. Yes, Cathy is a one person designer and sometimes she does have to adjust her schedule if appointments run long. This is only because she has a heart of gold and wants to be able to spend an appropriate amount of time with each client to ensure they're getting what they want. Cathy is very honest with regard to what can and cannot be altered due to the brides size, fabric, etc. She comes with an enormous amount of experience and anyone should really feel privileged to work with her. Cathy is in the process of making me a custom gown and I will never use another designer other than her again. She's fabulous!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Arlene · Married on 09/16/2016

Cathy is such a lovely lady! She altered my wedding dress and created a bustle.

I had many fittings with Cathy and my dress came out PERFECT!

She was responsive, quick, and a joy to work with!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Ellen · Married on 08/27/2016

One of my favorite parts of my whole wedding was my dress. And I owe that all to Cathy Ebrada of Ebrada Atelier. She designed my dress to my liking and included me in every aspect of the design process. Cathy chose high quality materials and follows the Coco Chanel couture method, so I was assured that my dress was well made. It was so exciting to go into her cute shop for my fittings. And anything I wanted changed or altered, she immediately fixed. She also sent me pictures of the dress between fittings.

In addition, Cathy came to my house the morning of the wedding to steam the dress and put me in it! That way, I was reassured that the dress would look perfect. She made my dress top priority from day 1. I felt beautiful and confident the entire day- I didn't even take it off until 3 a.m.! Cathy also designed and made my mother's Mother of the Bride outfit. My mother is petite and struggles to find clothes to fit her properly, and Cathy made her so happy and confident in her outfit.

We cannot say enough about the exceptional customer service and top quality craftsmanship of Cathy and her studio. I highly recommend to all brides in and out of the area.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Katie · Married on 07/02/2016

I couldn't have been happier with my experience with Ebrada Atelier! Cathy is a true professional and did an amazing job with the alterations to my wedding dress. She is a perfectionist and it shows in her work. On top of that, her customer service is unmatched! Cathy helped me get into my dress on my wedding day...a service she provides to brides getting married in the Leesburg area. She made sure everything was just right with my dress before I walked down the aisle and her presence helped put me at ease. At the end of this whole process she felt like family! I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Cathy and her team are amazing! She has so much knowledge that she is able to find the perfect silhouette and knows exactly how to make it look the way you want. My wedding isn't until April and my dress isn't done yet but I am already thrilled and have recommended her to others!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/03/2015

I brought my wedding gown to Ebrada Atelier for alterations before my wedding. My gown was not an easy one to work on because it had a lot of delicate stitching, but was very simple so any mistake would have been painfully obvious. Cathy and her team did an amazing job, and made me feel exceptionally beautiful on my wedding day. Cathy was so patient with me as I continued losing weight, and altered the dress perfectly to fit me. Likewise, she was incredibly flexible in accommodating my schedule leading up to the wedding. I'm so grateful I found Cathy and entrusted her with my wedding gown!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Katie · Married on 09/26/2015

I found Cathy and her team purely by luck and I am so glad I did! I had tried on dresses at other places and nothing was just right, and everything was so expensive! Cathy was able to work within my budget to make me a custom wedding gown that was exactly what I had envisioned. Cathy was very friendly and responsive throughout the whole process; she worked with all of the requests I gave her, and also gave me her input/professional opinion when I asked about it. All the little details and perks I got from her are something I would never have gotten from a "big" store- she drove to my bridesmaid's house to do an in home fitting, she got me ties for the groom and groomsmen that perfectly matched the bridesmaid dresses, and she came to the venue the day of my wedding to help dress me and steam my dress and all the bridesmaid dresses. I am so glad I found Cathy, she truly helped me get the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Monica · Married on 09/12/2015

I cannot say enough kind words about Cathy and her work. Because of her, I was able to truly enjoy my wedding reception with a second dress. I bought a beautiful wedding gown, but after picking it up from alterations, I realized I was not going to be comfortable dancing in it. I frantically started looking for a dress that I could change into later in the reception for dancing. I gave Cathy a call a week before my wedding and she graciously offered for me to come to her shop right away. After meeting with her, we realized that a custom dress was the best option to meet the vision of my second dress. Cathy was so sympathetic and offered to make a custom gown for me in a week! Unbelievable!! We sat down together and she sketched out a dress. She then took my measurements right away, researched and purchased the material (after showing me a number of beautiful options to pick from), AND added hand beaded embellishments. It doesn’t stop there… Since I was scrambling those last couple days before the wedding, she drove an hour to my home for one of the fittings and then again to deliver the final dress to me. The dress was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, so comfortable, and impeccably tailored to my body. I received so many compliments. It truly made my day so special and a lot more enjoyable!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/29/2015

HIGHLY recommend! Helped me find the perfect dress. Excellent seamstress Fixed it to make it even more perfect. Worked with me to Accommodated my crazy schedule so I got my dress in time for my special day. Wonderful people! Very reasonable! Very satisfied!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Cathy is outstanding and I'm so thankful a friend pointed me in her direction. I did not purchase my dress from Ebrada, but Cathy was more than happy to take me on as a client, even though my ballgown dress and its 5 layers of tulle required a lot of alterations. A few weeks out from my wedding now, it fits perfectly, but Cathy has made it clear she is available for me if I need any last minute adjustments or another steaming.

Throughout the entire process Cathy was super friendly, took the time to explain every step and respond to all my questions very quickly. She was also very flexible with appointments to work around my crazy schedule. And when I couldn't find a veil I liked anywhere, Cathy designed one for me and it complements my dress perfectly. When I get back from my honeymoon I will be visiting Ebrada again to find that perfect cocktail dress for the three friends' weddings I have coming up next. Highly recommend Cathy and Ebrada to anyone who has to go to a wedding, whether your a bride, bridesmaid or guest!

Sent on 07/17/2015

ML · Married on 05/24/2015

Cathy Ebrada literally saved me! I was the step-mother of the groom and my company was catering the wedding....no pressure there. No, because the real pressure was self-inflicted when I waited until the week before the wedding to realize that I really needed a dress. The dress that I favored needed to be ordered months prior. Whoops! I kept saying to myself that I would lose that pesky twenty pounds before the wedding. Well that didn't happen and before I knew it, the wedding was HERE! My assistant, well aware of my panic and angst, jumped to my aid and called every bridal shop in the surrounding area looking for "the dress". While many laughed at my assistant, Cathy from Ebada Atelier answered her phone assuring my assistant that she could help. The appointment was made and off I went. Now Ebrada Atelier is a little difficult to find but don't dismay because once you meet Cathy you quickly learn that she knows her stuff. She has a keen eye and is a master seamstress. While "the dress" wasn't available, Cathy offered to make one for me but luckily I noticed this royal blue dress on her sample rack and to my relief it was my size. Cathy suggested some alterations for the dress to better suit my body style. In two days and on my 50th birthday, I had "The Dress" in hand relieved and ready to dance the night away.
    I have only the highest of praise for Ebrada and highly recommend this talented seamstress but please plan early. Ebrada made me feel like a million bucks. I will be returning with my step-daughter very soon and I will lose that twenty pounds!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Cathy truly cares about her work. She wants you to be happy and stress free. Cathy is very personable. We ordered my bridesmaid dresses through her and she will be altering my wedding gown. I am very excited for her to make my dress perfect. I will write another review once the alterations are done!!! Thanks, Cathy!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Cez · Married on 12/15/2013

ebrada atelier created the perdect wedding gown on my big day! I didn't want an off the rack gown and when i described to Cathy what i wanted, she gave me a sketch of the perfect gown for me! One fitting was all it took as she captured everything from the design to the fit of the gown. She provided an honest opinion of what is okay and not okay- and I'm so happy that trusting her expertise I was able to walk the aisle a happy bride! Definitely HIGHLY RECOMMENDS this bridal shop!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Monica · Married on 09/05/2013

I wish I could give Atelier Ebrada more than 5 stars! Cathy is amazing. She went above and beyond to make our dresses perfect and special. She even hand made a dress for my 9 year old daughter so that she could match my bridesmaids as my maid of honor. Then to boot - her assistant Lorena made clutches for my girls so I could give it to them as my gift! The personal touches were wonderful and I truly feel indebted to Cathy professionally and I feel that I have also gained a friend. Thank you Cathy!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Jacinta · Married on 08/03/2013

Cathy worked very hard to accommodate me and my bridesmaids - she fitted my dress for me at an excellent price, although it was a very difficult gown to work with, and fitted all the bridesmaids only a few days before the wedding because they were from out of town. She did excellent, thorough work, was professional, kind, and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Casey · Married on 04/06/2013

Ebrada Atelier is a great way to go for bridesmaids dresses or bridal gowns. Cathy is wonderful and a very hard worker! She'll make sure the job is done right, and leaves you stress-free on the special day. Cathy made/designed my bridesmaid dress.

Sent on 04/24/2013

Roxann · Married on 06/22/2017

Cathy was simply amazing! She was willing to accommodate my schedule and the fact that I only got my gown to her with less than 30 days for alterations- yikes! I was nervous about the time crunch, but Catchy delivered on every promise and delivered me with a gown that fit like a glove. She made some suggestions with my train and I'm so happy I listened to her expert opinion. Cathy is so very talented. You can trust your dress in her hands!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Cathy was great and custom-altered an Aire Barcelona dress for my May wedding! When I first tried it on I loved the gown, but I wanted a sweetheart, strapless neckline whereas the gown had a high-neck lace covering. Cathy removed the lace, created the neckline I wanted, and fit the form-fitting gown to my curvy body! She also custom made my two-tier veil to match the lace on the dress. We just got our pictures back and I seriously could not be happier with Cathy's work!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Angelica · Married on 04/11/2015

Cathy did an incredible job with my dress. She designed and made in a short time and she understood what I wanted in my wedding dress. I am very happy with her job and I loved my wedding dress. She is amazing, and really creative.

Angélica Moreira Maia Ford

Sent on 05/07/2015

Bluann · Married on 06/11/2017

I found my dress for under $100 and was looking to get it altered while staying under the $500 line. Cathy and her team did an amazing job opening the back, removing the zipper and making a keyhole back design for me. All I had to do was try it on, tell Cathy what I envisioned and she sketched it quickly by hand and told me it would be down within the next week. I am so happy with the results and the worry and stesss that was eliminated by finding her! Thanks to Cathy and her team I have my dream dress that I can't wait to get married in!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Layna · Married on 08/07/2015

I found Cathy by chance - i was looking for a certain bridesmaid dress and she came up as a vendor in the area. So happy I went there. I ended up not going with that dress but did find one I loved even more. She took care of everything and even provided complimentary alterations for my bridesmaids. The best part is I was trying to figure out how I could use my mom's veil. Cathy took the lace from the headpiece and made me my own veil at an amazingly reasonable price. Some boutiques wanted an insane amt for a veil. She also added the left over lace to handkerchiefs I had ordered for myself and my dad. Thank you Cathy for everything.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Carla Oswald · Married on 08/22/2014

The owner, Cathy Ebrada Cleveland, is a fabulous designer & seamstress. She helped me find the perfect purple long dress for the Sacred Union celebration with my partner last August except it had a boatneckline & I am more flattered by a v-neck. "No problem," she said & altered it to a beautiful, flattering v-neckline that looked like it was original to the dress. She also took the extra fabric & created boutinieres for the lapel on the suit of my spouse & my grandson attendants. She was working from her home at that time but now has her facility in Leesburg. I highly recommend her for her friendly attentiveness to detail, designer aesthetic eye, & seamstress skill.

COR, Sterling, VA