Catherine Ann Photography Reviews

Catherine Ann Photography 3
Catherine Ann Photography 4
Catherine Ann Photography 5

Ellis · Married on 07/01/2017

Planning a wedding can be stressful! But when our planner narrowed down options for a photographer it was a no-brainer that we wanted Catherine Ann Photography! We loved the aesthetic of the website and the gorgeous natural light pictures full of color from the galleries. From that point on, she just led the way and was incredible from start to finish. My husband and I met Katie first during our engagement shoot, and felt at ease right away! She made us feel so comfortable and confident which is just how you want to be feeling during your big day! We had a wedding in July and of course were nervous about the heat. Katie and Jay turned those nerves around when we saw them! They still captured every perfect moment throughout the day and made everyone look their best. We cannot stop looking through all of our pictures from our special day and are so fortunate to have had Katie and Jay capturing the moments we will cherish forever! We are forever grateful for all of their hard work!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Mindy · Married on 05/28/2017

I can't say enough good things about Catherine Ann Photography. She was AMAZING! From beginning to end, she was a delight to work with. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We were a bit nervous about the schedule for our wedding day since we did not hire a wedding planner, but Katie created a timeline for us and every so often she would give us a gentle reminder what we needed to do next. The photographs are BEAUTIFUL and a great reminder of the wonderful day we had.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Matt · Married on 04/20/2017

Catherine Ann Photography is the absolute best photographer that we could find and we booked her as quickly as we could for our Disney World wedding! Her style is on point, consistent, and beautiful! If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding then there are literally dozens of options but none that can compare to Catherine Ann Photography, I urge you to stop looking and seriously consider having Katie at your wedding because we have not had one second of regret since we made the decision to hire her.

Seriously, you can stop looking because she is so amazing that there is no reason to continue looking. This is it. You've found the best photographer. Congratulations. You can move on to planning other parts of your wedding. Contact her today to make sure she has your date available. You are not going to regret Catherine Ann Photography as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Megan · Married on 03/31/2017

Katie of Catherine Ann Photography was an absolutely amazing photographer- I would choose her again in a heartbeat. Her and her fiancé’s (they team up for the wedding day to photograph everything from different angles and perspectives) pictures are full of light and color, and captured the essence of every beautiful moment of our wedding day (and of our engagement shoot- which was really fun and a great way to get to know her!). It is obvious from her photos that these two have an adept understanding of light and movement, and the ninja skills to unobtrusively catch every detail. Looking through her photos makes me feel like I’m living the day all over again- no video necessary! Katie is a stellar communicator, professional, friendly, genuine, and has a relaxing influence that allows you to feel comfortable around her from the very start. Her orientation packet was incredibly helpful in making some of our wedding day scheduling decisions, and her surveys regarding exactly which pictures we wanted ensured that no shot of our crazily branched family was forgotten! I am so grateful for this perfect collection of moments from the best day of my life crystallized in time- I will treasure them and shamelessly share them with everyone I know. If you’re thinking about booking Catherine Ann Photography don’t hesitate- it will be the best wedding decision you make.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Sydney · Married on 03/17/2017

Katie and Jay are AMAZING! We worked with them for both our engagement photos and wedding day and we could not be happier with our choice! Fist of all, Katie and Jay are two of the nicest people you will ever meet--it was truly fun to hang out with them on the wedding day. And they made the whole day so easy-- they kept us on a timeline and made sure our bridal party and family members were in the right place at the right time. We shared what our must-have photos were and then the rest was up to them and they could not have captured the day more perfectly! The pictures are stunning and natural-looking and we keep hearing comments like "these belong in a magazine!" It is going to be such a challenge deciding what to put in our album- we love them all!! Book them ASAP!!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Marissa · Married on 09/08/2016

We found Catherine Ann Photography through our wedding planner Lindsay Bishop Events. We had no hesitations booking with them once I talked to Catherine I knew she would be perfect for us! Lindsay gave us the option of two photographers. We chose Catherine because her photos were so natural and fun and you could see the pure happiness in every couples photos she had done. Anyone loookibg for a great, fun, and natural photography session should choose Katie and Jay! My husband is not a fan of getting pictures taken at all and even he raved about how amazing Katie and jay were. And how comfortable they made him feel!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Ragan · Married on 08/06/2016

Katie and Jay are AWESOME! We could not have chosen a better photography team. I'm from Upstate SC, so I asked one of my photography friends in the area if she knew of any photographers in the Charleston area that did outdoor/historical weddings. She send me a list of about five names. As I looked at all the different websites and Instagram accounts, I knew Katie was the one I wanted! Her photos are bright and fresh, and you could really tell that she was passionate about wedding photography. Katie made the entire process as easy as possible which was great because being the bride is stressful! We were unable to meet Katie and Jay before the wedding because we lived in different locations, but as soon as we met, it was like we had known each other for years! They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and we were laughing all day! I don't think I have ever worked with two people more personable than Jay and Katie. They are wonderful photographers and they truly care about their clients.

Sent on 09/07/2016
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 06/26/2016

Where to begin with how grateful my fiancé and I are for Katie at Catherine Ann Photography?! She was gracious enough to squeeze in a last minute engagement session with us just before Christmas in Charleston, SC! We recently moved to the area and wanted to get our engagement photos in during a very short time window due to my fiancé being in the military and having a limited schedule. Katie was on board without even meeting us first and we ended up having a blast! She is kind hearted, funny, and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, which was difficult for me at first! Her photos are bright, beautiful, and captured us so well! Packages are affordable and completely worth the investment! Catherine Ann Photography is a must, especially if you are interested in outdoor and historic venues!!! Love love love!!

Sent on 01/26/2016

ashley · Married on 05/08/2016

We couldn't have asked for better photographers to capture our special day. Katie and Jay went above and beyond in order to make our day super special and they kept everything running smoothly. They made sure every shot we wanted was captured, and Katie is super creative and really does anything to make sure that your pictures will be absolutely perfect. They are also extremely easy to connect with and there were times where I felt like we weren't even working with vendors, but just hanging out with friends! We will definitely be using them again in the future and recommended them to anyone!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Virginia · Married on 05/07/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Catherine Ann Photography. To start, Katie and Jay were a dream to work with. When I first spoke to Katie on the phone, I felt such a great connection with her and knew that she had to be our wedding photographer. From the first minute we met at our engagement shoot, my husband and I felt so comfortable with Katie and Jay. They have such a great style of shooting- there were times when I didn’t even realize they were there and other times, Katie/Jay told us just what to do to make our photographs look great.

I was particularly drawn to Catherine Ann Photography because of the look of their photographs. Katie is able to photograph people in such a way that the colors are vivid while somehow remaining soft and a bit whimsical. Jay is a spectacular landscape photographer, and we were looking for someone who could take great photographs of the beautiful outdoor venue where we got married.

On our wedding day, it was great to have both Katie and Jay, because they were able to split up and photograph both my husband and me getting ready in separate areas. During our first look, they did such a fantastic job of remaining in the background so that we could share the moment privately while still having amazing photographs. Katie was great at using the time we had for photographs very efficiently. Jay took a spectacular landscape photograph with my husband and me just as the sun was setting. They are so skilled at capturing the smallest (but most meaningful) moments of the day- they even got a photograph of my husband quickly wiping a tear from my cheek during our vows.

As you can see, I could go on and on about how much we loved working with Katie and Jay as our wedding photographers. They truly are two very talented photographers, and my husband and I feel so fortunate that they were the ones to capture our special day. We would HIGHLY recommend choosing Catherine Ann Photography as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Julianne · Married on 04/22/2016

Oh my goodness...I cannot recommend Catherine Ann Photography enough! Katie and Jay were SO easy and fun to work with, both for our engagement photos, and on our wedding day. My husband and I felt so comfortable with them, and so we were truly able to be ourselves in front of the cameras, which was what we were hoping for! They captured our wedding day so perfectly, and we had our photos less than a week after the big day!

I absolutely loved their 80/20 approach as photographers. Basically, 20% of the photos are posed, and 80% are candid. This approach is so perfect because it helps to tell the story of your day. Our wedding was a destination wedding, so we had many loved ones who could not be there to celebrate with us in person. However, our wedding photos told a story, and I have heard from so many people that they feel like they were there simply by looking through the photos. Katie and Jay are artists, and I am so thankful for their gift!

Our photos were authentic, joyful, romantic, and FUN! Catherine Ann Photography is simply the BEST!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Morgan · Married on 04/16/2016

We were absolutely thrilled with the quality, responsiveness and great experience we had with Katie and Jay from Catherine Ann Photography. They were quick to get our engagement pictures and wedding pictures back after each event and we have loved the outcome! They were very flexible with location for each part of our wedding day and offered advice when needed. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a photography team!

Sent on 05/24/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 04/08/2016

Katie and Jay were absolutely amazing!!! I can’t say enough about the quality of service they offer and how wonderful they are as people. We got married in Disney World and photography was incredibly important to us. There was certain feel I wanted in our photos that was missing from Disney’s photography. I stumbled across Katie’s work by accident and IMMEDIATELY fell in love with her style. I hadn't done ANY research and wasn't sure what I was looking for but as soon as I started exploring Katie's page I knew I had to book her. I emailed her that day and she responded within a few hours just as excited to be a part of our wedding as we were to hire her! Katie and I exchanged several emails over the months leading to our wedding, some business related and some just for fun. She was always quick to respond and answer any questions we had. It’s clear she cares about each of her customers and takes the time to make sure the service her and Jay provide is personalized to that couple. It was so much fun working with them and felt like we were best friends by the time we finally met. True to their site, Katie and Jay took the time to help us pose and look good during family photos and portraits then faded into the background to capture all the natural joy and magic of our day. I had so many friends and family comment on how professional and unobtrusive they were and even more compliments on their actual work once Katie shared a few sneak peek shots. Looking through our photos I am blown away by the quality. Every picture tells a story and glows with romance and whimsy. Katie worked with us to customize a payment plan allowing us to have our dream photographer and not break the bank. It's a small thing and required a little trust on her part, but we’re so grateful for her understanding and willingness to accommodate us. It was a pleasure and joy to work with Katie and Jay. I'm already trying to figure out plans for a 1 year anniversary shoot!

Sent on 01/17/2017

All I can say is that Katie at Catherine Ann Photography is amazing! We booked her to do our one year anniversary pictures at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World. Once we booked our photography shoot with her she sent out a questionnaire to fill out so she can get to know us better and what type of pictures we were looking for, it was really helpful and a fantastic idea. I know that when I take pictures that I never think about how my feet are positioned so most of the time they are awkwardly posed I mentioned this to her and she made sure to tell me how my feet should be positioned for each shoot, I’m really grateful for that. You can really tell that she knows what she is doing because she really knows how to position you so the light hits you just right and the photos look natural and not so staged. She did a wonderful job of capturing all of the poses I asked for and all the shoots at different locations around the Magic Kingdom. We booked her for a two hour shoot and we got tons of pictures with the castle from multiple angles, Rapunzel’s tower, the Tea Cup ride, the carousal, and even on Main Street. My husband and I have always felt very awkward taking pictures because we are a bit camera shy so most of our pictures usually come out looking very rigid. Katie was extremely easy to talk to and she made us laugh and loosen up and we also got some really cute action shoots. Everyone I've showed my pictures too have just been blown away with how fantastic they are. Katie is very reasonably priced especially for the high quality service and photos she provides. She was prompt to respond to all of my emails and very professional. He fiancée was even kind enough to come to the shooting as well and helped as a backup shooter as well too also of carrying my bag so I wouldn’t have to worry about it during the shooting. I would book Katie again in a heartbeat and if I ever get the chance to go back to Orlando and take pictures!

Sent on 04/10/2017

Jenny · Married on 11/25/2015

I can't think of a better way to start this review than to say that Katie and Jay took some of the best pictures that have even been taken of me. They photographed our civil ceremony in Bluffton, SC and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both my partner and I have a tendency to look stiff in photos, but Katie and Jay were inobtrusive during the ceremony and made us feel completely comfortable in the portrait session afterward. The result are beautiful, soft, natural photos that captured special cadid moments, the beauty of the surroundings as well as our love for each other. We treasure our photos! I only wish there was some way I could have them out to photograph our wedding in Italy!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Blayne · Married on 10/11/2015

Katie is AMAZING! The way she can capture the most magical photos is mind boggling. I can't imagine a more perfect wedding photographer. She is kind, professional and RIDICULOUSLY talented. Hire her. Now. Don't wait. She's too good not to have as part of your big day!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Nikki · Married on 08/02/2015

I immediately fell in love with Katie & John's photography after seeing the photos of another friend of mine's wedding. My husband and I loved how natural their shots looked, and the passion and emotions that each frame emphasized. Picking a wedding photographer can be stressful and nerve-racking, especially because you want to make sure you can trust whoever to get every special moment of your big day, and all the extra little things too. Choosing Catherine Ann Photography was the best decision we made throughout our entire year of wedding planning. Although they used to be located in Tampa, FL, within the last year they relocated to Charleston, SC. My husband and I, both being from Tampa, coincidentally had just set the venue to be under a tree in Charleston, SC... as if it couldn't get any more perfect!! Out of ALL the things that we bought for our wedding: the decorations, the food, the drinks, etc. I am most happy with the choice we made by choosing Catherine Ann Photography. My husband and I will now be able to relive that day for the rest of our lives by looking through these photos that Katie and John took. They were very professional and energetic throughout the entire process, they were easy to talk to, and most importantly, made wedding planning SIMPLE. I did not have a wedding planner, but I feel as though I did with all of the extra help we got from Katie and John. I recommend them to any bride planning on having their wedding outside or at a historic venue!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Ali · Married on 06/30/2015

Where do I begin? I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Catherine Ann Photography!
    Because my fiance and I decided to have an intimate wedding, having beautiful photos to share with family and friends who wouldn't be there was incredibly important to me. Catherine Ann Photography exceeded all expectations that I could ever have! The photos that Katie and Jay took look so natural - they literally captured the love between my husband and I in a picture. It wasn't until I saw the pictures that I actually realized what their method was - while Katie was working directly with my husband and I, Jay was off to the side getting the shot from a unique angle; this allowed us to have some great candid photos. Both Katie and Jay are so extremely talented and I was lucky enough to have them both there photographing my special day. Katie was such a joy to work with throughout the entire process - totally professional, quick with correspondence, and easy to relate to. At the end of the day she and Jay were part of the family! I was so impressed with how quickly we were able to view our gallery, as I've heard horror stories of brides not receiving their photos for months! We were even featured on Catherine Ann Photography's blog before we were even home from our honeymoon - it was great being able to see a sneak peek! I thoroughly enjoyed working with Catherine Ann Photography and highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Mary · Married on 05/23/2015

Catherine Ann Photography, (i.e Katie and Jay) were fabulous to work with. We felt so comfortable during our engagement shoot and had an amazing time. She made wedding day pictures stress free, she was efficient without making any of us feel rushed.She is open to ideas from the Bride and Groom but also makes sure to get all the classic wedding pictures that we all love so much. When I was initially picking photographers I fell in love with how a similar pose could look so different- because she truly captures the personality of each bride and groom. She is enthusiastic and you can tell she loves her job and takes pride in her work. She was flexible always available for questions or concerns. My husband and I and my family loved my wedding and engagement pictures so much that she is now doing my sister's wedding!! You would be crazy if you didn't use Catehrine Ann Photography!!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/07/2015

I cannot recommend Catherine Ann Photography enough to any bride and groom looking for not only an extremely talented pair of photographers, but also two fun people to be around during such a special time!

Working with Catherine and Jon was wonderful -- from an engagement shoot in NYC to the big day in Florida, they were so easy to work with and so professional. Catherine has been around the block and knows her stuff!! She makes the entire process so easy, lending amazing advice and thinking of things I never would have. She's also so very thoughtful and caring with her brides, making me feel so lucky to have had her with me through the whole wedding planning process.

To top off the amazing experience we had with Catherine and Jon, the photographs we have with us now are utterly amazing. Having worked in the wedding magazine industry, I know what it takes to have wedding photos featured in a glossy magazine, and our photos from Catherine Ann Photography are on THAT level of beauty. Without a doubt. We constantly receive compliments on all our photos from friends and family.

Book Catherine Ann Photography for beautiful photos, an easy planning process, and to get to know two amazing people!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Lina · Married on 04/04/2015

Katie and John captured the magic of our big day perfectly! Some pictures make me laugh out loud and others make me cry happy tears. Pictures are the only part of the wedding day that lasts forever and I couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out. Katie's style is so romantic, natural, light and airy. I highly recommend her. She's super talented, a total sweet heart, and very easy to work with. We can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Kevin · Married on 03/14/2015

We had a destination wedding in Charlston S.C. Didn't know anyone there and luckily found Catherine and Jay. With all The things going on, we never had to worry about our photographers. They truly made not only our wedding worry free, also the engagement photos as well.
    They were a lot of fun to work with, and made the whole experience a true joy! We had a lot of fun, and Jodi and I are so appreciative of how simple and effortless you both made this seem.
    Within a week we had all of our photos to share with all of our friends and family.. Yes within a week! I've heard horror stories of people waiting months for there photos to get back to them. Then the photos they received were not even that good. All the photos we received were incredible. Not to mention about a month later we received our very own personalized wedding album!
    Very professional, tons of fun to work with, and just a all around great experience.. Also no hidden fees, what They said Is what we got! Highly recommended to anyone looking for a worry free and fun time!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Catherine · Married on 11/01/2014

Catherine Ann is an absolute treasure! I interviewed almost a dozen photographers looking for the right fit, and Catherine Ann was the best choice without a doubt. Catherine was sweet and I was very comfortable around her. Her talent speaks through her gorgeous photos and she did an excellent job with guiding our families and friends on the day of the wedding. We had a lot of personalities to manage! I was (and still am!) thrilled with her work and I am looking for every excuse possible to book her for another photo shoot:)

Sent on 07/07/2015

Liz · Married on 10/11/2014

We absolutely adored having Catherine and John photograph our wedding! Having a wedding out of state is definitely a challenge, but right from our very first phone call Catherine put us at ease and we knew we had a couple to help us on every step of the way. Our wedding pictures we so much better then we could of imagine. Everyone is still raving about how great our photographers were and on how stunning our pictures were. I LOVED how quickly we got to view our pictures (they were available by the time we were home from our honeymoon!)

Thank you Catherine and John for being such amazing professionals to work with!!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Melanie · event on: 08/19/2014

We had such a great time working with Katie & John for anniversary photo shoot! They made great recommendations for poses that would make the photos come out amazing! We had a hard time picking what ones we would print because there were so many that we loved!

Sent on 09/21/2014