67 Reviews for Catherine Ann Photography

Prints (6)
Destination / Travel (2)
Wedding Portraits (2)
Canvas (2)

Katie and her husband were so amazing and went above and beyond! We decided to do an elopement and they were so flexible and helpful with everything! My husband is in the military and we had to change the date a few times and she never once made me feel bad about it, she was so accommodating. She communicated so well with us and put us at ease - she took care of everything! The day of the ceremony they were on time and found the perfect spots for us to take pictures at. I was a little stressed that day and she constantly reassured me that everything would be fine! The pictures we received were beyond anything we could have ever imagine -- they were PERFECT! Katie and her husband really listened to what we wanted and before we finished they made sure we had every shot we wanted. She said it would take about a month to get our pictures back but we got them way earlier than that! I would highly recommend Catherine Ann Photography to anyone and my husband and I can't wait to go back to Charleston and have more picture taken by her :)

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay are AMAZING! They photographed my sister and her husbands wedding 2 years ago. We fell in love with the way my sisters photos came out. It is completely different then the way photographers photograph in New York. Katie and Jay's photos are bright, vibrant and soft instead of dark and mysterious. We are from Westchester, New York and Katie and Jay were so nice to travel up to New York from Charleston, South Carolina to be our photographers. They were very accommodating and very reliable. Katie always answered my emails and texts right away. She made a timeline for the day of the wedding. We have a huge family so it was SUPER helpful and very organized. They made sure to get all of the pictures we wanted and MORE! The timeline also allowed us to be at cocktail hour so that we could engage with our guests. My husband and I just got our pictures back and we couldn't be any happier. Their attention to detail is amazing! We are forever grateful that Katie and Jay were there to document such a memorable day! We can't wait to look at these for the rest of our lives! Thank you Katie and Jay!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay were so amazing to work with! This was a destination wedding for us, so we weren't able to meet them until the wedding day. But, they immediately put us at ease so we felt comfortable and natural during all of the photos. They are so professional and captured everything in a very unobtrusive manner. We already decided we will be doing an anniversary shoot with them next year because they were so awesome!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/26/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay captured the special moments and details of our wedding so beautifully! They were incredibly professional yet so easy and comfortable to work with. We had so much fun working with them and I am absolutely amazed at how many of our wedding shots we love!! They do an incredible job of making sure to capture all of the little details of the day and all of the special moments. We love love love all the family and wedding party shots but cannot get enough of all the candid shots they took that truly show the emotion and energy of the day! They have an incredible ability to capture the special moments in a way that allows to relive it every time you look at the picture, which we absolutely love! We highly recommend Catherine Ann Photography!!

Profile Picture Elly, 5/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Katie & Jay from Catherine Anne Photography were amazing. I am truly so glad I was able to book them for our wedding day! From booking early on Katie and I chatted a few times about what type of photography my husband and I were looking for, what we like to do together and details about us as a couple that they incorporated into our wedding day shots (how sweet). These two go above and beyond photographer expectations. The wedding day was seamless with Katie and Jay shooting, our families even enjoyed their company! Katie made sure the lighting was perfect for all our wedding shots, and they all turned out beautiful. If you are looking for amazing photographers, look no further. Run, go book them!

Profile Picture Haley, 4/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay are incredible! Not only are they both awesome photographers, but they’re also amazing humans. I reached out to Katie for my destination wedding because I fell in love with her style and she seemed like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with on my wedding day! Personality and being able to have fun with all of our close friends as well as photography style was really important as it was a small wedding, and boy, did Katie come through on everything! I’m so thankful that Katie and Jay were willing to travel to Key West (even though it was basically right after they came back from their own honeymoon- talk about dedication!!). Katie perfectly captured the feel and emotions of our event and we couldn’t be happier. She and her work are unparalleled. If you’re loving her aesthetic and thinking about it, just book her. As soon as you can. She’s magic.

Profile Picture Allie, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can’t say enough good things about Katie!! Not only is she one of the most talented photographers I’ve ever seen, she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She makes taking pictures so easy and fun! It rained our entire wedding day yet Katie was still able to capture our day beautifully. I can’t recommend her enough. Her husband is also a wonderful addition to her talent!!! We felt so blessed to have them photograph our wedding day! We will forever cherish our photos.

Profile Picture Ally , 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Katie (Catherine) and Jay were incredible! We chose Katie and Jay not only because of their beautiful, soft photography style, but also because we instantly clicked with their personalities. Our dog was in our wedding ceremony; Katie and Jay are fellow animal lovers, so we knew they would do a great job! They made us and our entire wedding party feel very comfortable. They took their time to get all of the pictures that we wanted. Katie is very detail-oriented, and she did a great job of keeping everyone on schedule. We won't receive our photos for a few more weeks, but I know the pictures will be incredible. The sneak peeks that we've seen so far are amazing! I am SO glad that we chose Catherine Ann Photography!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/17/18, 14 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Digital Files

WE LOVE THESE TWO AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS! I highly recommend Catherine Anne Photography! Katie and Jay are an adorable married couple who work together to produce fantastic work. They are so easy to work with, they are kind, professional, fun, friendly and SO cute! Worth every penny! Check them out on Instagram to see their amazing work. After working with them throughout the year, Eric and I definitely consider these two friends for life. Feel free to write me on here to ask specific questions. You will not regret choosing Catherine Ann Photography! x, Caroline

Profile Picture Caroline, 3/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Katie and John are incredible! They are some of the nicest people who I have ever met, not to mention that they are ridiculously talented. And they're dog people! We had our dog in our engagement and wedding photos and they were so patient with us, whether standing out in the August heat or in the January cold. I am so, so grateful that we ended up choosing Catherine Ann Photography and I would recommend them for any bride and groom who love vibrant colors, natural light, soft, romantic photos, and dogs!

Profile Picture Kat, 1/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

I cannot say enough about Catherine Ann Photography! Katie and John were so easy to work with. Katie is great at giving direction when needed and keeps everything flowing with ease. Her bubbly and sweet personality made her so easy to be around and she truly became a friend along the way. As a Charleston wedding vendor myself, the first vendor I went to book was Katie once I got engaged! Not only are her and John truly a joy to work with, the photos from our engagement session and the sneak peeks we have seen of the wedding are stunning! My husband and I ended up both getting the flu the day of the wedding and the way she captured us still made us look fabulous and she made taking photos fun even when we did not feel good. We cannot recommend Catherine Ann Photography enough and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for makin our day so special!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I could go on and on about how amazing Katie and Jay were as our wedding photographers. They were incredibly timely, professional (but fun and comfortable to be with too), and very responsive before and after our wedding. They captured our day perfectly and provided us with many many photos we will forever cherish. Their photography style is timeless. Katie and Jay have a great way of being there to capture every special moment.

We also had Katie and Jay take our engagement photos prior to our wedding. I highly recommend couples to do this - it was a great way to get to know Katie and Jay before our big day and it was a fantastic way for Katie to see how my fiance and I interacted and what our personalities were like together. Our engagement session allowed us to be completely comfortable in front of the camera for our actual wedding day.

We would highly recommend Katie and Jay to capture your special day.

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay were an absolute joy to work with - from our engagement shoot in NYC to our Chinese Tea Ceremony/wedding day in Charleston. There are so many wedding photographers in Charleston and your choices are endless, but Katie and Jay are top-notch. We received our wedding photos in a quick turnaround (in both film and digital) and could not be happier with how they turned out. They truly listen to what's important to you on your wedding day and the outcome truly exceeded our expectations. They capture a beautiful mix of portraits and all the candid moments my husband and I will cherish for many years to come. Thank you, Katie and Jay!

Profile Picture Donna, 10/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Catherine Anne Photography did a great job! Can't wait to have these pictures for years to come.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wedding planning can be pretty overwhelming— especially picking a photographer in Charleston because there are so many to choose from! Photography was very important to us because we knew that it would be an investment, but also the only element of our budget that would be kept and cherished for generations to come. Choosing Catherine Ann Photography for our wedding and engagement photos was undoubtedly one of the best decisions we made. If you’re looking, save yourself the time and stress and book Katie and Jay! We did a lot of research and decided we just loved the gorgeous natural feel of the photos on their website and their philosophy on photography. It didn’t hurt that they’re also an engaged couple planning a wedding themselves—we knew we could relate! Katie was a dream to work with from start to finish and always easy to communicate with. My husband and I met Katie first during our engagement shoot, and immediately felt at ease! She made us feel so comfortable (even though we were running late) and confident which is just how you want to be feeling during your big day! Our December downtown Charleston engagement session and October wedding photos both turned out absolutely stunning— our friends and family can’t stop raving either! They took the perfect amount of candid photos that capture personality and emotion as well as “staged” photos that look so relaxed, natural and not even remotely awkward or forced. They picked out the best locations and were clearly everywhere during our wedding because they caught ALL of the details. We cannot stop looking through all of our pictures are so thankful to have had the pleasure of working with Katie and Jay!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Katie & Jay were awesome! We loved having them capture our wedding day. We will cherish our photos forever! Don't hesitate to use them! :)

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Planning a wedding can be stressful! But when our planner narrowed down options for a photographer it was a no-brainer that we wanted Catherine Ann Photography! We loved the aesthetic of the website and the gorgeous natural light pictures full of color from the galleries. From that point on, she just led the way and was incredible from start to finish. My husband and I met Katie first during our engagement shoot, and felt at ease right away! She made us feel so comfortable and confident which is just how you want to be feeling during your big day! We had a wedding in July and of course were nervous about the heat. Katie and Jay turned those nerves around when we saw them! They still captured every perfect moment throughout the day and made everyone look their best. We cannot stop looking through all of our pictures from our special day and are so fortunate to have had Katie and Jay capturing the moments we will cherish forever! We are forever grateful for all of their hard work!

Profile Picture Ellis, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough good things about Catherine Ann Photography. She was AMAZING! From beginning to end, she was a delight to work with. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We were a bit nervous about the schedule for our wedding day since we did not hire a wedding planner, but Katie created a timeline for us and every so often she would give us a gentle reminder what we needed to do next. The photographs are BEAUTIFUL and a great reminder of the wonderful day we had.

Profile Picture Mindy, 5/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

Catherine Ann Photography is the absolute best photographer that we could find and we booked her as quickly as we could for our Disney World wedding! Her style is on point, consistent, and beautiful! If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding then there are literally dozens of options but none that can compare to Catherine Ann Photography, I urge you to stop looking and seriously consider having Katie at your wedding because we have not had one second of regret since we made the decision to hire her.

Seriously, you can stop looking because she is so amazing that there is no reason to continue looking. This is it. You've found the best photographer. Congratulations. You can move on to planning other parts of your wedding. Contact her today to make sure she has your date available. You are not going to regret Catherine Ann Photography as your wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Matt, 4/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Katie of Catherine Ann Photography was an absolutely amazing photographer- I would choose her again in a heartbeat. Her and her fiancé’s (they team up for the wedding day to photograph everything from different angles and perspectives) pictures are full of light and color, and captured the essence of every beautiful moment of our wedding day (and of our engagement shoot- which was really fun and a great way to get to know her!). It is obvious from her photos that these two have an adept understanding of light and movement, and the ninja skills to unobtrusively catch every detail. Looking through her photos makes me feel like I’m living the day all over again- no video necessary! Katie is a stellar communicator, professional, friendly, genuine, and has a relaxing influence that allows you to feel comfortable around her from the very start. Her orientation packet was incredibly helpful in making some of our wedding day scheduling decisions, and her surveys regarding exactly which pictures we wanted ensured that no shot of our crazily branched family was forgotten! I am so grateful for this perfect collection of moments from the best day of my life crystallized in time- I will treasure them and shamelessly share them with everyone I know. If you’re thinking about booking Catherine Ann Photography don’t hesitate- it will be the best wedding decision you make.

Profile Picture Megan, 3/31/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay are AMAZING! We worked with them for both our engagement photos and wedding day and we could not be happier with our choice! Fist of all, Katie and Jay are two of the nicest people you will ever meet--it was truly fun to hang out with them on the wedding day. And they made the whole day so easy-- they kept us on a timeline and made sure our bridal party and family members were in the right place at the right time. We shared what our must-have photos were and then the rest was up to them and they could not have captured the day more perfectly! The pictures are stunning and natural-looking and we keep hearing comments like "these belong in a magazine!" It is going to be such a challenge deciding what to put in our album- we love them all!! Book them ASAP!!

Profile Picture User7945424, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We found Catherine Ann Photography through our wedding planner Lindsay Bishop Events. We had no hesitations booking with them once I talked to Catherine I knew she would be perfect for us! Lindsay gave us the option of two photographers. We chose Catherine because her photos were so natural and fun and you could see the pure happiness in every couples photos she had done. Anyone loookibg for a great, fun, and natural photography session should choose Katie and Jay! My husband is not a fan of getting pictures taken at all and even he raved about how amazing Katie and jay were. And how comfortable they made him feel!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Katie and Jay are AWESOME! We could not have chosen a better photography team. I'm from Upstate SC, so I asked one of my photography friends in the area if she knew of any photographers in the Charleston area that did outdoor/historical weddings. She send me a list of about five names. As I looked at all the different websites and Instagram accounts, I knew Katie was the one I wanted! Her photos are bright and fresh, and you could really tell that she was passionate about wedding photography. Katie made the entire process as easy as possible which was great because being the bride is stressful! We were unable to meet Katie and Jay before the wedding because we lived in different locations, but as soon as we met, it was like we had known each other for years! They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and we were laughing all day! I don't think I have ever worked with two people more personable than Jay and Katie. They are wonderful photographers and they truly care about their clients.

Profile Picture Ragan, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where to begin with how grateful my fiancé and I are for Katie at Catherine Ann Photography?! She was gracious enough to squeeze in a last minute engagement session with us just before Christmas in Charleston, SC! We recently moved to the area and wanted to get our engagement photos in during a very short time window due to my fiancé being in the military and having a limited schedule. Katie was on board without even meeting us first and we ended up having a blast! She is kind hearted, funny, and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, which was difficult for me at first! Her photos are bright, beautiful, and captured us so well! Packages are affordable and completely worth the investment! Catherine Ann Photography is a must, especially if you are interested in outdoor and historic venues!!! Love love love!!

Profile Picture Sam, 6/26/16, 15 Reviews