Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh Reviews

Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 6
Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 7
  • Rachel

Rachel Pepmeyer · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Wonderful space at such a deal!

The whole crew at St. Nick's was so wonderful to work with. Their quick and above-and-beyond help brought so much peace to the wedding process - one that has so much potential to be stressful. It was especially helpful that we could go in and set up the reception a few days in advance. HUGE bonus for anyone who is doing any of their own decorations! I would recommend them 10/10 times!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Jeffrey · Married on 06/01/2019

Very happy with our experience, excellent event coordinator!

We had an overall great experience hosting our wedding reception at the Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas. We got married at Heinz Chapel and did not want our guests to pay for parking. Since the Cathedral Room was only a block away from Heinz Chapel and since they provide free parking (very rare in the city) it was the best fit for our needs. Another big factor as to why we chose the Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas was their event coordinator, Stacie. When we initially toured the venue and met her we immediately felt that we would be in good hands if we decided to host our reception there. She was excellent to work with! We really felt like she cared about the couples she works with and was always available to answer questions and provide her opinion on different things if we asked. A few months before our wedding there was an issue with parking at the venue. As any bride could imagine, such a big hiccup so close to the wedding made me immediately stress out! But Stacie quickly helped us to find a resolution and made us feel like she had our backs no matter what. Our guests had plenty of parking and there was not an issue at all. Stacie also put into place new policies that would prevent this same issue from happening to another couple. She is truly a huge asset for this vendor!! She was as involved as we wanted her throughout all the planning and was always quick to respond. She is very friendly and took the time to meet and chat with our parents. Another great thing about hosting our reception here was that at the end of the night we did not have to clean up a thing! They gathered all our decorations after the guests left and placed them in a secure location for us to grab the next morning. It was so nice for our families not to have to worry about packing anything up. The only complaint I would have is the limited number of caterers they allow you to use. While it all worked out with the caterer that we used, we really wished we had a few more options. However, at the end of the day, we were very satisfied with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas. Thank you again, Stacie, for all your help!!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh's reply:

Sarah and Jeff, So happy that you were pleased! We loved being a part of your big day! Keep in touch with life's next milestones!

Tiffany · Married on 08/11/2018

Stacie was very helpful in planning our reception start to finish. She was quick to respond to any questions. The Cathedral Room is great for any bride that wants to decorate the way she wants as the room is a blank slate! We had plenty of room for 220 people to move around.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2018

Besides the high ceilings, open space, and blank slate that the Cathedral Room offers, their best asset is their wedding coordinator, Stacie. Stacie is, without question, the best in the business. She is organized, thorough, and genuinely pleasant. She is on top of her game throughout the process. She ensures brides are on track to meet the rigorous timing a wedding demands, from booking vendors to planning details specific to each couple's wedding. My husband and I fell in love with the "make it your own" space the Cathedral Room has to offer, but what sealed the deal was Stacie's coordination of our wedding. Everything came together beautifully and we could not have had a better wedding reception.

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 8
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 9
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 10
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 11

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

We are so happy we chose St. Nicks! Stacie was wonderful to work with. She was so responsive and helped us through the process! Our day was perfect. We had a mostly diy wedding and were able to get in early to set up which made a huge difference. Our guests loved the amount of space and absolutely raved about the bartenders!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Kayla · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I used the Crystal Room on 10/20/17. We had a wonderful experience using St. Nick’s and would definitely recommend to others! Stacie, who was our coordinator, was amazing!! She was extremely accommodating, professional and just a phone call away. As soon as I met with her, I knew St. Nick’s was the right choice for our reception.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Krista · Married on 10/14/2017

We had our October 14th wedding at the Cathedral Room. The facility is awesome, and there is so much space. We had 250 guests and still had the biggest dance floor I have ever seen. Stacie was such a pleasure to work with--very responsive, had great ideas that she shared with us, and just an all around wonderful person. Leading up to the wedding Stacie was extremely available and willing to answer my many questions that popped up. Because there was no wedding or event the night before our wedding, we were able to get into the venue and decorate on Thursday and Friday, which was such a relief since we did all of our decorations and stuff ourselves. It took a huge weight off my shoulders that we were able to be there Thursday and get most of the stuff done so that Friday we only had to do our flowers. Stacie was so helpful and was a huge reason that our wedding day went perfectly. The staff of St. Nick's are superstars. All of my guests raved about how wonderful the bartenders were, and I wholeheartedly agree. Also, the bar package is fantastic and flexible. They also are very good at making sure there is enough (our group was apparently drinking a TON of Corona, and they even sent someone out to buy more cases during the reception so that we would not run out). Overall, I just love the facility and the people here. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Deborah · Married on 07/29/2017

Stacie and all of the staff at the Cathedral room were such a pleasure to work with, happy, personable, and geneuinly seemed excited to be part of my wedding day! Stacie was so responsive to my questions and was happy to accommodate my requests! The venue was so spacious for my wedding of 220 people. Not to mention absolutely gorgeous!
    My wedding was such a dream, and if I could do it all over again I would definitely choose the Cathedral Room all over again!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Stacie and the crew at St Nick's were just what we were looking for! We were aiming to have a large wedding with a somewhat limited budget, which meant a lot of diy and some non-traditional vendor options. Stacie was so flexible and willing to work with us and our vendors. We did a lot of our own decorating, including hanging our own lights and pennant banners across the hall, and Stacie generously accommodated us and the set up time that we needed. The hall and the church were beautiful, and allowed us plenty of space for 24 guest tables and a big dance floor. The set up and clean up crew were also very professional and helpful, as well as the bartending team!

Other unique perks for this site:
    -Parking!!! Having our reception close to the University of Pittsburgh and St. Paul's Cathedral was important to us, and a huge parking lot to accommodate our guests, especially those not used to navigating city parking, was so helpful.
    -Set up and clean up was a breeze! Since they are primarily a church venue, St. Nick's allows for much more flexibility than a traditional wedding venue. We were able to drop off and store many decorations (and even cookies and cupcakes!) a few days before the wedding, and pick everything up the day after the wedding.
    -The foyer upstairs and downstairs lobby made a lovely, unusual space for our cocktail hour, and allowed for a more dramatic entrance into the Cathedral Room for dinner and the rest of the evening.
    -The lighting and acoustics of the hall were also great -- I loved that the big windows let in tons of soft, natural sunlight for our cocktail hour and dinner, and that we could dim the overhead lighting for dancing later on.
    -Great bar package options that work for every one -- we really wanted a full bar and one really great craft beer option, and we got it!
    -Friday wedding discount :)

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 16
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 17
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 18
    Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh 19

ABSOLUTELY BOOK WITH THEM!! Stacie and her staff were AMAZING! They made sure we had a magical day! Having Stacie, was like having a wedding planner without paying for one! If you are getting married at Heinz Chapel you can have your guests use their parking lot so the guests only have to walk one block. It would have my reception their in a heart beat. PERFECTION!!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh's reply:

Thank you Anne! It was absolutely our pleasure to help you plan an amazing wedding! So glad you were thrilled with the outcome!

Great experience here! We booked the larger space and had plenty of room for our guests which was around one hundred twenty five. We had also gotten the bridal suites for when we arrived and it was well worth it! I would recommend this venue to any bride!!! :)

Sent on 03/11/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding reception at St.Nicks Cathedral Room and let me say it was amazing! We wanted a space that we could make our own and once we saw this amazing room and its potential we were hooked! We loved the location of the Oakland area as we had many guests from out of town and they really enjoyed being in the area and exploring the city! The bar package they offer was a great value and very flexible we added a few bottles for shots and my guests loved it! The food vendors they offer were great the one we used Elegant Accent Catering was excellent, I'm still hearing about how awesome our food was at our wedding! Stacie and Elaine were so helpful from start to finish with the entire process, they were available for meetings and questions and whatever help we needed. They even went as far as picking up a sign i ordered on our wedding day and even taking a few of the older guests at my wedding back to the hotel!! They were so sweet and a pleasure to work with! We used the space upstairs and downstairs for cocktail hour with a few tables in both areas it was so nice that we could decorate this ourselves and make it our own as well. Our guests were shocked by the cathedral room when you open the doors to the space very unexpected and elegant! I would recommend this venue to any couple as the options are endless if your on a budget or ready to spend some money this venue can literally turn into your dream wedding space! We had the perfect day.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh's reply:

So happy to have played a role in your "perfect" day! Thanks for the great recommendation.

Kristy · Married on 05/21/2016

St. Nicks for my reception was everything I could have dreamed of! It's basically a blank slate to make uniquely yours which I loved! The staff, coordinator, bar tenders everyone was so amazing! Definitely recommend this to any brides especially if you want to be in the city without having a boring hotel wedding :)

Sent on 10/17/2016

Cathedral Room at St. Nicholas, Pittsburgh's reply:

Kristy, It was our pleasure to help you plan an amazing wedding! By the way, I think you started a trend with the bistro lighting! Also, your wedding pictures were beautiful -- thanks for sharing! All our best!

Robin · Married on 08/22/2015

St. Nick's did everything to make my day perfect. They were super flexible and let me set up days in advance and also allowed me to clean up the next day so that I could fully enjoy the evening. They also stuck around all night to make sure that everything went smoothly. They went above and beyond and the value here is amazing!

Sent on 09/03/2015

I had a wonderful experience having my wedding at this venue. During the planning time, there was a change in event coordinators so I was a little concerned. BUT the new coordinator was wonderful and was better than the old one! She was very professional, had great communication skills, and was very flexible with my needs. I would highly recommend having a wedding at this venue.

Sent on 09/05/2014

What a beautiful place for a wedding! The hall is elegant, from the moment you walk through the front door. Definitely good value for the money we spent.. They had told us that the room seats up to 300 so we were worried about filling the space with our party of 150 guests, but once we set up the tables and the dance floor it turned out to be the perfect size. It was a perfect location, with plenty of cool places for wedding photos in and around the Oakland area. and I can't say enough how wonderful it was to have a reception hall in the city with plenty of on-site parking.

We were a little worried because the event coordinator left her position a few weeks before our wedding, but the person who stepped in to take care of things did a really great job!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

The Cathedral Room at St. Nicks was absolutely amazing and the staff and wedding coordinator, Constance, were such a pleasure to work with! They are so accommodating and made the wedding planning process so much easier for me. I had some pretty over the top decorating ideas I mentioned right from the beginning in hopes they would be lenient with me, and they were more than willing to let me do whatever I wanted (without of course tearing the place apart!) to create my perfect wedding! They let me come in 3 days BEFORE my event to start decorating, which was so awesome and such a relief and stress off of my shoulders knowing it would all be ready to go for the big day and not having to scramble at the last minute.
    The night turned out perfect and gorgeous! We would recommend the venue to anyone!
    Thanks Again St. Nicks!
    The happy bride and groom--Mandy and Geo

Sent on 10/30/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding was this past weekend and I cannot say enough good things about the Cathedral room. Constance was a delight to work with! She was very responsive to all emails and questions that we had and was very helpful with selecting our bar package. The room was setup beautifully for our reception, there were no lines at the bar all night and in general everything was taken care of by Constance. All of our guests had a wonderful time! I would recommend the Cathedral room to anyone planning a large party. You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Mildred · Married on 10/15/2011

Constance was great. They took care of everything for me from calling and coordinating with my vendors, to taking care of setting up my name cards, favors, etc.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Brandi · Married on 07/31/2010

I didnt have a single complaint with this venue! I had a very large wedding (325 guests) and we had more than enough room for all the guests, a dance floor, a large buffet table, large gift table, a two-tiered bridal table, a large candy buffet and the biggest cookie table ever done there! The room can easily be decorated into any theme you prefer. I could never have had my wedding anywhere else and had it turn out so well.

Sent on 10/01/2010
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/07/2018

We had a small but beautiful wedding reception at St. Nicks and I’m so glad we chose them! Stacie was incredibly helpful and flexible throughout our whole planning process and was a huge help the day before our wedding, and the day of as well. We still get compliments on the food and atmosphere to this day!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Anne · Married on 03/03/2018

St. Nick's was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding, since it was spacious, beautiful, and close to the ceremony location. The wedding coordinator, Stacie de la Parra, was exceptional! She was competent, helpful, flexible, accessible, and encouraging - from start to finish!... We chose Elegant Accent Catering (Dena Zaimes) and the food was awesome! Everything was delicious - from the entrees, to the side dishes, to the salad - and her prices were very reasonable, too! Great experience!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Alyssa · Married on 09/17/2016

I had the best time working with Stacie to plan my wedding. She was very flexible and available at any time by phone to answer any of my questions. The week before the wedding was obviously very stressful but she was there to help along every step of the way, including the day of the event. We loved the flexibility and independence that St. Nick's provided for the reception. Stacie provided a list of preferred vendors (we chose our caterer from this list) but we were able to do and choose everything on our own to create the atmosphere we always dreamed of. We didn't like any of the other venues we visited because they had all these EXPENSIVE "packages" where you paid per person for everything from tablecloths to cake to the DJ. At St. Nick's we were able to bring the cost per person down to meet our budget and still have everything the way we wanted. Stacie coordinated with all of of vendors for us and made sure everything ran smoothly. I could go on and on, but I was so happy with St. Nick's and would recommend 10/10 to anyone considering this venue.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Dear Alyssa,
    Thanks for the nice compliments! I loved your creativity, and came away with several tips to share with future brides. Thanks again.

Mallory Lacey · Married on 10/27/2018

Great experience with St. Nick's Cathedral Room!

St. Nicholas' Cathedral Room made for the perfect venue for us! We had our ceremony at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral, so having the reception in the Cathedral Room was stress-free and convenient for us as well as the guests. It was a great "blank canvas" so to say, where you can choose all of your own vendors. Stacie, the coordinator at St. Nick's, is wonderful to work with. She answers any and ALL questions quickly and thoroughly. We were really pleased with St. Nick's Cathedral Room for our wedding reception and would recommend it to other couples for their events!

Sent on 12/04/2018