Catering Works Reviews

96 | Raleigh, NC

96 Reviews for Catering Works

• blkeraseboard

Frances · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Working with catering works was one of the single best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding! They're world class service made me feel like I was in a 5 star restaurant at my own wedding! All of the people that I had encounters with were awesome, you could tell that they really loved making people happy. My
    representative Kelli was amazing and Rebecca at the wedding was as well. I have no words for the food as it was so awesome I can't find the words to describe it. If you want a full service caterer which we had with catering works (food and linens) look no further; THE FIRST AND LAST STOP SHOULD BE HERE!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Dan Chang · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Catering Works is the best!

Catering Works was amazing! We worked with Sara, who was very responsive and helped us design the perfect menu. We went for a private testing as well as to one of their frequent events and both times the food was top notch. The quality of food did not change for our wedding day. Our guests could not stop raving about the food. Some of our guests had allergies or dietary restrictions and they handled this quite well. In addition, they were nice enough to set aside some food for us and afterwards, there was plenty left over.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Courtney Pope · Married on 11/30/2019

Great food and service!

I’m not sure what this says about us, but the first decision we made about the wedding was the food choice: we knew we wanted a taco bar! And, much to our delight Sarah and her Catering Works team brought our dream to life! They were creative (Mexican street corn anyone?) but also helped us hold true to what we wanted. All of our guests raved about the food. And, as a self-proclaimed guacamole expert, I’ve got to admit, it was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Liz

Liz Hurley · Married on 11/09/2019

Phenomenal food

Catering Works was a joy to work with for our wedding! My husband and I have multiple food allergies and the staff with catering works at our tasting were SUPER knowledgable and accommodating, we were able to create an incredible buffet menu that accommodated both of our allergies easily. On the day of we were able to have a handful of special plates to accommodate those with food allergies and the staff on site were super knowledgable and through as well, willing to confirm ingredients with us. The dishes we chose were unique takes on some basics and were a huge hit! Our guests were super impressed with food and service and we enjoyed it as well, it was incredible! We could not recommend them more and enjoyed working with the whole Catering Works team!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Bearden · Married on 11/02/2019

Such a wonderful experience!

Catering Works was professional and flexible from the beginning! They quickly responded to emails and scheduled a tasting for us on our schedule. We asked to change things up on our menu (even had them come up with a new BBQ sauce recipe) and they were more than happy to do it! Their staff was extremely professional and so kind on our big day. I would definitely recommend Catering Works for your wedding or any other event. They make everything easy - from choosing your menu, to online payments, to changing things at the last minute. They even made us an adorable to go box (including a bottle of champagne) that we were able to take on our minimoon! Kelli was a pleasure to work with and all of the staff there on our wedding day was just amazing. Thank you Catering Works!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Emily

Emily Peters · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Service

I'm still in awe of our wedding. The attention to detail and level of service Catering Works brought to the event was astounding. The menu, service and rental assistance helped elevate our wedding style and attendees are still raving. Kelli took great care of us from the very first meeting and the onsite team at both locations were phenomenal. I can't recommend this organization enough.

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic buffet - and they did it all vegan for us!

Thank you so much Catering Works!! We got lots of compliments from our (non-vegan) guests on the vegan buffet, and we loved the food! Working with Catering Works in advance was like a dream - SO much easier than anyone else I'd been in touch with. They were so accommodating, but without sacrificing quality at all - I feel like they could take any food vision and do it wonderfully. And the price was just right for us! The tasting was great before the wedding, too. At the wedding, they made sure my husband and I ate, which was so appreciated. And they also made a great little basket for us with leftovers after the wedding which was sweet to find in the car! Would give Catering Works an even higher score if I could - use them for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Carly · Married on 09/28/2019

The Most Delicious Cakes!

We used Pastry Works for our wedding cake and the grooms cake at our rehearsal dinner. I worked with Nicole--and she was amazing. She was super responsive and gave me great examples of cake ideas when I wasn't sure what I wanted. They truly went above and beyond for our Grooms cake. I was surprising my husband with a Clemson themed rehearsal dinner and wanted the cake to look like the field. The pastry chef took that information and just ran with it producing the most amazing cake I have ever seen. They absolutely went above and beyond. Everyone was so amazed by the cake, taking pictures of it all night. It also tasted amazing! It was so fluffly and delicious. Our wedding cake was beautiful, it was just perfect and exactly what I wanted. We went with the cinnamon flavored cake and buttercream frosting. OMG! Everyone was again talking about how great the cake was. It was so delicious. My husband who is not a sweets person, couldn't stop eating it.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Catering Works's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your cake. You looked absolutely stunning on you wedding day and we were honored to be a part of it.

Thank you for having us!

Michele Grabow · Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious food and wonderful team to work with!

Catering Works did an amazing job at our wedding, we are so glad that we hired them! They were so flexible and easy to work with, responded quickly to any inquiry and provided delicious food that our guests were raving about. Everything was done professionally and efficiently, we were extremely impressed and satisfied. They even sent us with a gift basket of leftover food from appetizers to entrees to sides to desserts, which meant a lot to us since we didn’t have much time to enjoy it during the day! It made the perfect day after the wedding meal! I couldn’t recommend Catering Works more, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Janelle

Janelle Studdard · Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful Experience; Delicious Food!

Having worked with Catering Works previously (we use them for all of our major events at my job), it was a no-brainer that this would be who we would hire for our wedding.

We hired Catering Works for our Labor Day weekend wedding, and we couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out! We are still receiving compliments on how delicious the food was 2 weeks later.

We had an in-person consultation with Kelli, and we worked closely with the team via email to pare down what we wanted our menu to look like. Kelli and Jill were extremely helpful and patient while we decided on what our final menu would look like.

It helped that they were also familiar with our wedding venue and had previously worked with a number of the other vendors we selected. All of this, combined with their professionalism, helped everything run seamlessly.

Having never planned a wedding before, Kelli was extremely helpful in offering suggestions for the menu and even ideas for how things would be plated/presented on our big day.

In the end, Kelli and the rest of the Catering Works team planned and executed: 2 cocktail hours, passed hors d'oeuvres, plated salads, a beautiful buffet-style dinner (with everything clearly labeled), bananas foster station, and our wedding cake.

We were able to do tastings prior to our big day, and the food was incredibly delicious and thoughtfully presented - even during our tastings.

We'd also like to take a moment to point out that as we made our way to our sweetheart table at the wedding, one of the Catering Works staff members came right over to us with two sampler plates of food. They had gone above and beyond to make sure we were fed first so that we wouldn't have to worry about getting our own food! They also checked in with us throughout the evening to see if there was anything else we needed.

Little, thoughtful details like this made such a huge difference - especially when you're caught up in the emotions of the day and facing tons of distractions.

Additionally - at the end of the evening - I was lamenting the fact that I didn't get to have seconds on some of the food... Well, didn't you know that after we had our sendoff and had gotten to our hotel, we discovered that Catering Works had put together a beautiful basket full of neatly packaged food from our wedding!! It was one of the most thoughtful things.

We are incredibly grateful to Catering Works for helping to make our big day so memorable. Food is such a key part of any big event - especially a wedding (believe us - we've been to our share of bad weddings where people complained about the food). We wanted our guests to be well fed with only the highest quality food and beverages, and that is exactly what we got.

Thank you, again, to Kelli and Jill and the rest of the Catering Works team. We will be forever grateful, and we will sing your praises to anyone who asks.

We highly recommend Catering Works for your next big event!

With gratitude,
    Janelle & Greg Studdard

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Marie-Crane Williams · Married on 06/08/2019

Catering Works and Bloom Works are the best!

My husband and I were married in June 2019 and we feel so fortunate to have worked with Nicole, the Chef, and EW at Bloomworks. What a team. First of all the tasting was an amazing experience. The food was so good and they sent us back to the hotel with leftovers. We met the Chef and had a great conversation about food and cheese. He was so knowledgeable and passionate about his work. After the tasting we knew they were the ones. We did other tastings but none held a candle to Catering Works. Besides the food the other thing that grabbed our attention was Nicole, what a Power house. She is kind and patient with a fierce attention to details and a supernatural ability to plan and organize. Wow, she should be a Fortune 500 president. Our wedding would never have been as beautiful without her help. We were both living in other states so everything we did was from afar. She held it all together and was always prompt with communication. She is sooooo good at what she does and she has a great sense of style. Finally, I want to brag about the flowers and decor. They were the most beautiful. I wanted a very particular set of flowers for my bouquet, peonies, irises, parrot tulips, and roses...in white and green. He created every piece with such a flair and artisanal sense of composition and aesthetics, everything was stunning. But that’s not all...we were supposed to get married outside, but it rained. EW and his amazing staff busted their a**ses transforming a beige banquet hall into a magical garden complete with gauzy rosette umbrellas, a gorgeous arbor, a tree with all of our favors, and gorgeous centerpieces based on Dutch still life paintings. It was even prettier than the garden. He is a magician. If we do other events in the triangle we will only use these companies. They are 5 star all the way and they made our wedding so special.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Anh · Married on 05/19/2019

Great experience with Catering Works

I am the kind of bride who puts a lot of time and effort into researching each and every vendor till I find a perfect match. I ranked my wedding vendors in an excel spreadsheet and Catering Works was my number one choice in the Caterer category. We worked with Bridget and Nicole and they were both responsive, nice and professional. Our tasting went well and we got the table linens and silverware from CE Rental through Catering Works. On our wedding day, the staff were punctual and professional. The food was served in a timely manner and our guests were pleased with the entrees and dessert. Catering Works wrote us a very nice card and packed the leftover for us. We highly recommend them and appreciate all of their help!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Hall · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent experience!!!

We hired Catering Works for our wedding reception and it was OUTSTANDING!!! We had a dip buffet for cocktail hour, a Tex-Mex fajita bar for dinner, and an ice cream sundae bar for dessert and each dish was more scrumptious than the next. We had so many guests raving about the deliciousness of it all!! What impressed me most about them was how they went above and beyond just the food aspect of our wedding. We had our wedding in the pasture at the groom’s parents’ house so it was a much more DIY event than having it at a proper venue. Catering Works staff helped move chairs and decorations from the ceremony site to the reception tent and after the night was over, they packed up all of our dirty dishes to return to the rental company and cleared off every table. It was so wonderful to show up the next morning thinking we had hours of clean up to do and discover the majority of it was taken care of!!! They packed up all of the extra food and even sent us home on the wedding night with a goody basket of champagne and enough leftovers for a late-night snack!! We would without a doubt recommend Catering Works to any bride planning a wedding, they helped make the best day of our lives even more special!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Stephanie · Married on 04/27/2019

Tons of options, good food, affordable prices!

I was so pleased with the food at our wedding! Kelli was so responsive and helpful in providing menu options during the planning process. Everything tasted great and the service was awesome. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Taylor Brader · Married on 12/08/2018

Fantastic service, food, and value

We worked with Kelli from Catering Works, and I could not recommend her more! I cannot imagine a vendor being more patient and responsive than Kelli was as I changed my mind continuously about the menu and tweaked it right up until a few weeks prior. In the end, the food was wonderful, the service top notch, and we even got a wonderful gift basket with prosecco and the leftover food to take home. On top of all this, I found the value that catering works offered incredible compared to other companies we spoke with. From start to finish, working with catering works was a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/08/2018

Great experience

The staff at CateringWorks is amazing. During the planning process and the day of, Nicole was super responsive and on top of every detail. From bringing us food before we entered the cocktail hour, to sending us home with a basket full of treats, they really care about their clients and it shows.

Also, I recommend getting a dessert bar and a small cake because everyone ate at the dessert bar and we got to take most of the cake home with us (which they packaged up for us). The cake was honestly my favorite part of all the food. After Raleigh got hit with 6 inches of snow the next day, my new husband and I sat on our couch eating our wedding cake, watching the snow fall, and it was amazing. Their bar staff was amazing. I had multiple people tell me that after they ordered their first drink that the bartenders remembered them and what they ordered. No long lines at this wedding! They really know what they are doing and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Courtney Doyle · Married on 11/04/2018

Wouldn’t even know you had catering staff!

The entire catering works team was amazing. You wouldn’t even know they were there. They were so quick to send everyone through the buffet, they brought my husband and I food right away. Checked on us every chance they got and had everything set up just the way I wanted it. They listened to my vision and really executed them perfectly. I will always recommended catering works. They are just the best !!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Jian · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome food, cakes and team!

Catering works served the food for my reception. I highly recommend them. My guests were talking about how good the food was. My coordinator, Bridget, did an awesome job! She responds very quickly, is very detailed and made sure that she adjusted the contract based on the wants and needs of the bride and groom. She also coordinated all my rental needs for the reception. I'm so glad I chose them. The whole team was nice and professional. I also ordered my cake and cupcakes from their bakery, Pastry Works and they were so delicious! Wedding cakes could be a hit or miss but I loved our wedding cake and cupcakes. Thank you, Catering Works, especially to Bridget and her team.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious.

Bridget and her team were amazing! The food and cupcakes were delicious and perfect. We received so many compliments on the food

Sent on 10/27/2018

Madeline Merrill-Litardo · Married on 10/14/2018

The food was AMAZING

Okay, so we all know wedding food can be kind of meh; this was so NOT the case with Catering Works! I loved all the food and rentals, and I heard from several guests that they enjoyed the food as well. Nicole was easy to work with and knew her job very well.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Kelli & Catering Works are great!

Kelli was wonderful to work with on the catering for our wedding! She was super responsive to email throughout the planning process and very accommodating of my requests to make slight changes to a couple of menu items. I also really appreciated all of her help in coordinating our rentals with Party Reflections. Catering Works gave us great options to come up with a unique combination of themed stations that reflected our personalities and the food at our wedding was absolutely delicious (all of our guests loved it)! We were also delighted that they packed up a basket of food and wedding cake for us to take with us at the end of the night given how busy we were throughout the evening- so thoughtful!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/01/2018

Catering Works is awesome!

Catering Works was everything I wanted in a caterer and more. They were so easy to work with and responded immediately any time I had a question or sent them an email. It felt like I was the only wedding they were working on. The food was AMAZING and our friends and family loved it! They even gave us a basket of some food and cake to take with us at the end of the night, which was so thoughtful.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

I was introduced to Catering Works through my Day-Of Coordinator and I am so thankful I was! Once you hire them, ask for Nicole. Best. Consultant. Ever. I got to completely customize my menu for my wedding and Nicole worked with me to make sure I got what I wanted in the budget I wanted. She was so quick to respond with changes (and there were several) and I got the menu of my dreams. She also coordinated our linen rentals and went with me to pick them out. During our tasting, the chef came out to meet us and made sure he gave us exactly what we wanted. They have fun options like a french fry bar that I used for my cocktail hour and a donut bar that I used for my dessert. My guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was and I even had some text me after my wedding telling me that they were craving the food that I had! They served my husband and I first (we did a buffet) so we actually got to eat! The event manager checked with us multiple times throughout the reception to make sure that we had everything that we needed. They also packed us a picnic basket to take with us that included food, a bottle of champagne, and a sweet note! You will not find better service, better people, or better food anywhere else. I am so thrilled to have worked with them and if I ever need another caterer for any event, they will be the ones I go to no question!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Natalie · Married on 05/19/2018

Catering Works did both our dinner and our cake, and they did an amazing job with both! We got endless compliments after the wedding about our food, and even 3 months later, people are still mentioning it to me! The mashed potato bar, brie and raspberry phyllo cups, and shrimp and grit fritters were all a total hit just to name a few, and all of our guests were impressed that it wasn't your "typical wedding food." I worked with Kelli from our initial consultation onward, and she was an absolute joy the entire time. She was incredibly patient with us when we changed our minds many times or wanted to explore other options. The pricing was very reasonable for both the food and the cake. The staff the day of were just wonderful, especially the catering manager who not only prepared dinner plates for my new husband and me, but went out of her way to come ask us what our preferences were. Not to mention that they sent the two of us home with a basket FULL of food and cake in our "getaway" car! I will definitely be using Catering Works for all of my future catering and cake needs!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Shannon · Married on 04/27/2018

Catering Works helped us cater our recent wedding this past Spring. The entire experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend them for any future event. The process was extremely smooth and easy. The tasting at their office was delicious and they even set up a cake testing for us to do at home prior to the event. The day of our food was delicious and we were so pleased at the accommodations they made for a couple of vegan and gluten free guests. The cake was also amazing and we were so happy that we had them do both the cake and food for the day. Catering Works also took care of our bartending needs and were excellent at making sure the bridal party was taken care of the whole time. At the end of the night, they sent us home with a basket with meals for the two us and cake. This was a fantastic gesture and really cemented our great experience using them.

Sent on 05/13/2018