Catering Works Reviews

81 Reviews for Catering Works

1 User photo

Catering Works 1

Courtney Doyle · Married on 11/04/2018

Wouldn’t even know you had catering staff!

The entire catering works team was amazing. You wouldn’t even know they were there. They were so quick to send everyone through the buffet, they brought my husband and I food right away. Checked on us every chance they got and had everything set up just the way I wanted it. They listened to my vision and really executed them perfectly. I will always recommended catering works. They are just the best !!

Jian · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome food, cakes and team!

Catering works served the food for my reception. I highly recommend them. My guests were talking about how good the food was. My coordinator, Bridget, did an awesome job! She responds very quickly, is very detailed and made sure that she adjusted the contract based on the wants and needs of the bride and groom. She also coordinated all my rental needs for the reception. I'm so glad I chose them. The whole team was nice and professional. I also ordered my cake and cupcakes from their bakery, Pastry Works and they were so delicious! Wedding cakes could be a hit or miss but I loved our wedding cake and cupcakes. Thank you, Catering Works, especially to Bridget and her team.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious.

Bridget and her team were amazing! The food and cupcakes were delicious and perfect. We received so many compliments on the food

Madeline Merrill-Litardo · Married on 10/14/2018

The food was AMAZING

Okay, so we all know wedding food can be kind of meh; this was so NOT the case with Catering Works! I loved all the food and rentals, and I heard from several guests that they enjoyed the food as well. Nicole was easy to work with and knew her job very well.

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Kelli & Catering Works are great!

Kelli was wonderful to work with on the catering for our wedding! She was super responsive to email throughout the planning process and very accommodating of my requests to make slight changes to a couple of menu items. I also really appreciated all of her help in coordinating our rentals with Party Reflections. Catering Works gave us great options to come up with a unique combination of themed stations that reflected our personalities and the food at our wedding was absolutely delicious (all of our guests loved it)! We were also delighted that they packed up a basket of food and wedding cake for us to take with us at the end of the night given how busy we were throughout the evening- so thoughtful!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/01/2018

Catering Works is awesome!

Catering Works was everything I wanted in a caterer and more. They were so easy to work with and responded immediately any time I had a question or sent them an email. It felt like I was the only wedding they were working on. The food was AMAZING and our friends and family loved it! They even gave us a basket of some food and cake to take with us at the end of the night, which was so thoughtful.

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

I was introduced to Catering Works through my Day-Of Coordinator and I am so thankful I was! Once you hire them, ask for Nicole. Best. Consultant. Ever. I got to completely customize my menu for my wedding and Nicole worked with me to make sure I got what I wanted in the budget I wanted. She was so quick to respond with changes (and there were several) and I got the menu of my dreams. She also coordinated our linen rentals and went with me to pick them out. During our tasting, the chef came out to meet us and made sure he gave us exactly what we wanted. They have fun options like a french fry bar that I used for my cocktail hour and a donut bar that I used for my dessert. My guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was and I even had some text me after my wedding telling me that they were craving the food that I had! They served my husband and I first (we did a buffet) so we actually got to eat! The event manager checked with us multiple times throughout the reception to make sure that we had everything that we needed. They also packed us a picnic basket to take with us that included food, a bottle of champagne, and a sweet note! You will not find better service, better people, or better food anywhere else. I am so thrilled to have worked with them and if I ever need another caterer for any event, they will be the ones I go to no question!

Shannon · Married on 04/27/2018

Catering Works helped us cater our recent wedding this past Spring. The entire experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend them for any future event. The process was extremely smooth and easy. The tasting at their office was delicious and they even set up a cake testing for us to do at home prior to the event. The day of our food was delicious and we were so pleased at the accommodations they made for a couple of vegan and gluten free guests. The cake was also amazing and we were so happy that we had them do both the cake and food for the day. Catering Works also took care of our bartending needs and were excellent at making sure the bridal party was taken care of the whole time. At the end of the night, they sent us home with a basket with meals for the two us and cake. This was a fantastic gesture and really cemented our great experience using them.

Laura · Married on 03/10/2018

We were absolutely thrilled with Catering Works! From the moment we contacted them to learn about their catering services for our wedding reception, they were a pleasure to work with! The communication in the planning stages was amazing (big shout out to Nicole for her amazing work and being the best email responder ever!). Nicole helped us work through a change from stations to plated (which was the BEST decision in the end!), taught us about late night snacks (which were a big hit!), and was with us every step of the way. She was helpful but not pushy and so encouraging and positive the whole time! The staff at the reception (at the Rickhouse in Durham) was phenomenal! They were attentive to the needs of our guests without us really even knowing they were there! And the food - all of it - was AMAZING! We have heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests and also from the other vendors about how awesome it was to work with this company! Thank you Catering Works for making the food experience at our wedding so perfect! We give our highest recommendation for this group!

Stephanie · Married on 10/27/2017

Such a wonderful and flexible company to work with. Everyone is so friendly, and the food is IMPECABLE!

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

Choosing Catering Works to cater our wedding was absolutely one of the best decisions we made. We had so many guests tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The day-of event staff were extraordinary in all aspects - attentive, discreet, professional, and clearly top of the line (in what was a very challenging kitchen to bus / prep in). The food was perfect and exactly what we were hoping for. The cake was the best wedding cake we have ever had. Throughout the whole planning process they were focused totally on what we wanted for our event, which really set them apart from other catering companies and made our event very uniquely us, while still inserting their knowledge and experience where appropriate to suggest better ways to accomplish what we wanted.

The ultimate reason we chose Catering Works was because of Kelli and her professionalism, obvious experience and knowledge within the industry, and her understanding of what we were envisioning. All of her assistance in the planning along the way was invaluable and made our event perfect. Her experience and knowledge of what was needed and what would / wouldn't work in our challenging reception space was invaluable. Her responsiveness and attention to our order and every specific detail was sincerely appreciated and made the day-of so stress free and perfect for us and our guests. We would absolutely recommend Kelli and Catering Works to anyone who wants to throw a perfect event for a reasonable price and delicious food.

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

My experience with Catering Works was great! From the beginning of my first inquiry to the weeks leading to the wedding, Donna provided excellent service. She was always willing to provide suggestions when menu changes were requested and provided prompt responses to all of my questions and emails. The day of the wedding, the event coordinator (I believe his name was Patrick, but the day is a blur) was very helpful. He ensured that my husband and I received appetizers while we were waiting on introductions, brought us plates from the buffet so that we could eat first, and made sure I had a new drink when needed. He is the reason I was able to eat and enjoy a couple of beverages on my wedding day. Our guests complemented the food, and I am thrilled with the service we received. Thanks so much for everything! Oh and I highly recommend the mashed potato bar.

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2017

I am so impressed with Catering Works! Nicole coordinated my daughter's wedding and EW did our flowers. They were very professional, organized, and easy and fun to work with. They obviously love their jobs! All the guests raved about the food. If you have concerns about serving salmon on a buffet, you can rest assured that it will be done with perfection by Catering Works. The bride and groom chose 3 different types of cake and frosting for each layer and our guests were surprized and excited to have a choice. And it was incredibly delicious! Everything was just beautiful! I will definitely be working with them again!

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2017

The Catering Works team did an amazing job! The food was delicious and all of our guests raved about it. We're still hearing about how much everyone loved the food. Kelli, the sales lead, went above and beyond to help us pick our menu and helped with coordinating everything the day of our wedding. The catering staff were professional and ensured that we were taken care of through out the whole day, including consistently bringing us food and drinks throughout the entire day to make sure we ate. The floral team designed our bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, and flowers for the arbor at our ceremony. The flowers were gorgeous and better than what we had imagined.
    We highly recommend using Catering Works!

Annie · Married on 09/16/2017

The best advice I can give to brides is to surround yourselves with vendors you love and trust. Seriously, that will make the planning process and the wedding itself one thousand times better. We did just that with hiring Catering Works.

I honestly don't know where to begin with my thanks to Nicole and Catering Works for everything they did for our wedding. We first reached out to Catering Works in April 2016 for our September 2017 wedding. Nicole was extremely responsive from the beginning and was patient with all my neurotic bride questions and frequent menu indecisiveness. We went in for our first tasting in July 2016 and the food was both delicious and beautiful! We had some suggestions for minor tweaks, and Nicole was open to all of them. She really wanted to work with us to put together our dream menu.

Nicole was also our lead vendor in terms of managing the flow of our wedding day. Prior to the wedding, we mapped out the exact schedule with her team doing WAY more than what a standard catering company does. They are really full service including setting up our ceremony chairs to setting up all the tables, bringing the linens, taking out the trash, and breaking down the tables.

On our wedding day itself, everyone was excessively kind and accommodating. We had so many guests comment how CW was the best catering team they have ever seen. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. We seriously could not have asked for anything more.

Mimi deserves a special shout out as she was the drink delivery wizard of the night. I was under the impression she was catering to only my husband and myself, but it turns out she was personally catering that to the entire bridal party (22 people). She would just appear (before and after the ceremony) with our requested drinks and was so friendly in doing so.

The evening was nothing short of sheer perfection, and the CW team contributed in such a large way. Going with CW was one of the best

Kris · Married on 09/03/2017

Delicious food, attentive service-wonderful experience!

Avery · Married on 08/26/2017

Catering Works is amazing! I worked with Nicole Flynn and she was absolutely wonderful. They are so professional, accommodating, and understanding of everything - how important this day is, what your needs and budget are, everything! They made us feel special throughout the planning process and were able to find anything we asked for. They handled all of our food, setup, and rentals seamlessly, eliminating a ton of extra work for me. Nicole and the Catering Works team were simply amazing!

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2017

We loved Catering Works Inc,

When we were decided between two catering companies, Catering Works was the obvious choice because of their professionalism, promptness with communication, and quality of food.

During our wedding we wanted half of our food to be Indian dishes. They were able to provide us a list of dishes they had made in the past and work with us on any requests we had. During our tasting we tasted the Indian dishes that we had ordered. They were all delicious. The cook really worked hard to make the dishes authentic and was open to suggestions as well.

Catering Works also helps you rent table cloths, plates, silverware, and glasses. I enjoyed this experience of picking out what we liked, seeing it displayed, being able to take photos, and take a sample of the fabrics home. Going through catering works I was provided with more options/selections that other rental companies I had checked with. Catering works works this cost into their estimate so there are no surprises.

Along with providing our food, Catering Works had a cake special that we decided to go with. The cake was delicious! We has chocolate cake.

I think the biggest hit at our wedding was the Dosa bar. Guests were able to select from different fillings and chutneys.

Guests commented on how good the food and cake were. The staff that worked our wedding were friendly and professional. They did an amazing job and everyone at the wedding enjoyed both the food and service.

If you go with Catering Works you will not have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding!

Jayme · Married on 05/20/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Catering Works on a wedding recently that I coordinated. I have worked with many caterers, and was extremely impressed by the entire experience. Working with Kelli was great, I can't thank her enough for the responsiveness, availability and flexibility in accommodating my clients needs. The onsite team of servers were great, kept the tables clean, worked well with small shifts in timeline and were extremely pleasant to work with. This was my first time working with Catering works and look forward to working with them again!

Kelcey · Married on 05/20/2017

We booked Catering Works after speaking with one other vendor. After meeting with Kelli, we knew Catering Works was the right fit. We loved working with Kelli and she understood exactly what we were looking for in our cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and our reception dinner. There were a few last minute items that we needed to add on, and Catering Works accommodated our needs with ease. Our family and friends raved about the food on the day of and in the days after our wedding.

Paula · Married on 05/14/2017

Cateringworks did an amazing job pulling together our Garden Party wedding in our backyard. Donna was simply amazing to work with and took care of us throughout, including making sure the tent had the right fabrics in the right areas for better pictures! We received so many compliments on the food and the staff and how wonderful they were to all of our guests. They really just made a perfect day for us!

Marsha · Married on 03/26/2017

If you need a caterer in the durham area book this one!They are the best, so easy to deal with, excellent food, service, and the most beautiful flowers!

Amerique · Married on 10/30/2016

Absolutely book Catering Works! They have over 25 years of experience and it shows! It is so worth going with a company who is a one stop shop! Food, flowers, cake, service, set-up, etc.! Donna and Joseph are wonderful and have been so easy to work with!

Tina · Married on 10/22/2016

The caterer was one of the first vendors we settled on in our wedding planning and it was one of the most painful choices. Planning a wedding from Dubai for Durham without a wedding coordinator was no easy task, and we essentially chose our caterer based on pricing and reviews, rather than on food. But working with Nicole immediately allayed any fears I might have that I was working with the wrong company. Nicole was incredibly responsive, even on her days off and handled everything from meal choices to linens and chairs and revised the invoices no less than 15 times.

On our wedding day my fiance and I were so happy to have chosen Catering Works and so grateful to have worked with everyone on their catering team. They were marvelously prompt and attentive from the start and you absolutely saved our wedding day and even the broken strap on my dress! I honestly think Catering Works is 98% responsible for how smoothly everything went--again long-distance planning and no day-of coordinator or planner--and for the effortless look of our wedding. They even fed us during our very long photography session following the ceremony. We're forever grateful!