Catering Works Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• James
    James G. Married on 09/11/2021

The Catering Works Team made us so happy!

Kayla and her team at Catering Works are an elite level catering provider. Kayla will work hard to win your business by giving you options on your occasion's menu. She will clearly communicate pricing and give you a variety of options. It doesn't stop once she's won your business. Kayla really enjoys what she does and it shows in the final product.

Michelle, the Catering Works Event Manager the day-of, helped execute our event perfectly and everything ran so smoothly. Last but not least, our guests were blown away by our wedding day meal. Many saying it was the best meal they'd ever had at a wedding, and my wife and I couldn't agree more.

If you have a big event like a wedding planned, Kayla and her team at Catering Works are the best in the business. They truly care about making the customer happy and they provide support at every step in the planning process. The next time we need catering for an event, there is only one place we'll turn and that's Kayla and Catering Works.
  • Hannah
    Hannah L. Married on 06/27/2021

Perfect Experience!

We had our wedding at The Laurelbrook in June 2021 and could not have asked for a better experience. Through COVID, I think we planned half a dozen different weddings as things kept falling through or changing. We came to Catering Works with fairly late notice and they executed everything without a hitch. We were able to use them for our ceremony and reception venue, food, bar, and flowers. Kelli was phenomenal in helping us through the entire planning process and David anticipated every need we had during the day-of and was ready to help before we even knew what we needed! Our event was beautiful and hassle-free. Guests raved about the food and venue, and the courtyard provides several fantastic backdrops for photos. I would highly recommend Catering Works and The Laurelbrook to anyone planning a wedding or another event in the Raleigh area!
    Sara K. Married on 05/30/2021

Food & Cake Were Delicious!

We loved working with Catering Works for a number of reasons. First, they were willing to work with our budget and give us options that were close to our preferences. After our tasting, we ended up changing some of the appetizers, there were so many great options it was hard to do! The food was delicious! We also ended up booking a cake with Pastry Works, their affiliated baking company and that was one of the best decisions we made. My husband and I had strong preferences for 2 different flavors, so pastry works accommodated us by doing different tiers with the different flavors. We were extremely pleased! Kelli at catering works was especially wonderful to work with. She was super helpful as we navigated through this process for the first time and was responsive to our emails!
    Adam Married on 05/14/2021

A Wonderful Catering Choice!

We worked with Kelli and her team to create a lovely dinner and cocktail hour appetizer menu for our wedding! One half of our couple and many guests were vegetarian or had food preferences/allergies that we wanted to take into account. Catering Works created a vegetarian-friendly meal that wasn't just mac n' cheese. In fact, most people seemed to love the veggie option we chose! The team was responsive and even helped set up some homemade desserts our family brought. During the event, Catering Works staff were friendly, super helpful, and helped create a really positive and upbeat atmosphere. Our venue has them on a select list of catering companies they wanted to work with and we saw why. CateringWorks was a great choice and we highly recommend them!
    Lindley S. Married on 03/27/2021

Wonderful food and hospitality!

Catering Works didn't only serve AMAZING food (we can't stop talking about their shrimp and grits!!) but, they were also a very kind and helpful team. Kelli was very helpful during COVID rescheduling and protocol changes. She helped me to design the perfect menu, along with making sure I had an appropriate amount of rentals. Right before the ceremony, a thunderstorm surprised us. The Catering Works Team stopped everything to help us move the ceremony inside. Additionally - the servers made sure the Bride and Groom had food and drinks all night. We couldn't have chosen a better caterer!
  • Janice
    Janice Y. Married on 03/26/2021

Food was great!!

Awesome food and super easy team to work with! Kelli did a great job listening to my vision and what I want for the big day. They are definitely a team that cares about the quality of food the produce and the overall experience of the big day.
  • blkeraseboard
    Frances Married on 11/07/2020
    Working with catering works was one of the single best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding! They're world class service made me feel like I was in a 5 star restaurant at my own wedding! All of the people that I had encounters with were awesome, you could tell that they really loved making people happy. My
    representative Kelli was amazing and Rebecca at the wedding was as well. I have no words for the food as it was so awesome I can't find the words to describe it. If you want a full service caterer which we had with catering works (food and linens) look no further; THE FIRST AND LAST STOP SHOULD BE HERE!
  • Lauren
    Lauren F. Married on 11/07/2020

Hiring Catering Works was one of the best wedding decisions we made!

Catering Works surprised and delighted us every step of the way for our 11/7 wedding! Due to Covid, we had to find a new caterer on short notice that could do a plated menu for guest safety reasons and I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to find a vendor with about 6 weeks notice OR one that would meet our expectations. Our representative Kelli was amazing with prompt responses, customizing our menu, providing a virtual tasting and setting up all of the details for our wedding. On our wedding day, the staff took amazing care of us and everyone raved about how good the food was. I was so surprised when we unpacked everything to find a beautiful basket with wrapped leftover plates and our desserts along with a bottle of champagne. We felt so taken care of and cannot recommend Catering Works enough!
    Dan C. Married on 11/01/2020

Catering Works is the best!

Catering Works was amazing! We worked with Sara, who was very responsive and helped us design the perfect menu. We went for a private testing as well as to one of their frequent events and both times the food was top notch. The quality of food did not change for our wedding day. Our guests could not stop raving about the food. Some of our guests had allergies or dietary restrictions and they handled this quite well. In addition, they were nice enough to set aside some food for us and afterwards, there was plenty left over.
  • Audrey
    Audrey M. Married on 10/10/2020

Great food and great service!

Catering works surpassed our expectations with the quality of their service. The food was great and the staff made sure we were well taken care of on our wedding day. They were very easy to coordinate with and went above and beyond to add special touches to our special day. We could not be happier with everything they did for us.
  • Emma
    Emma Y. Married on 10/10/2020

The PERFECT food vendor!

Totally open to making ANYTHING for us. We went with Pimento cheese-stuffed chicken, shrimp & grits, and four-cheese ravioli. They even agreed to make a separate dish for a cousin who couldn't have cheese. It definitely helped that we were at their venue, the Laurelbrook.
  • Lauren
    Lauren P. Married on 10/03/2020

Phenomenal service & food

We hired Catering Works to cater our small backyard wedding. This was not our original wedding plan, but due to COVID restrictions, we had to make a few last-minute pivots, including finding a new catering vendor. Although having to make last-minute changes is never your hope when planning a wedding, we could NOT be happier with this change. I could not have imagined my wedding day with another catering company. From our first conversation with Catering Works through to the end of our event, every single thing was perfect.

We worked with Kelli to build our perfect wedding menu and service needs. She was extremely responsive and accommodating, and even came to our home to ensure that she was able to provide the team with the exact information needed to make sure our event was perfect. From start to finish, Kelli was absolutely excellent and a joy to work with.

When it comes to the food and the service at the actual wedding, I literally cannot say enough great things about our experience. Every single thing was absolutely exceptional and beyond our expectations. The food was AMAZING, the service was absolutely outstanding and the level of service and food completely elevated our backyard wedding experience.

Every single staff member was completely engaged and attentive to our guests' individual needs - they made every single person feel like they were getting individual special attention. Truly over the top, it really did make what could have been a small backyard wedding into what felt like a real wedding venue!

One of our servers, Stefan, was truly exceptional. He went completely above and beyond our expectations, and made me and my husband feel incredibly special and well taken care of. And that same treatment didn’t just end with us, it was the talk of the whole night! Everyone knew him by name and was commenting on him specifically. Fifteen minutes before our ceremony, we had a power malfunction that caused power to everything outside to turn off. Stefan was right there to help and was extremely calm under pressure, calming down my soon-to-be husband who was probably a little less calm under the pressure given it was 15 minutes until our wedding began!!

At the end of the night, we found our space even better and cleaner than we'd left it. Like I said, I literally CANNOT say enough good things about this Catering Works team. I would hire them for any event I ever do in the future (hopefully not another wedding though!). Thanks so much for such an amazing experience :).

• Megan
    Megan Married on 09/19/2020

Delicious & Attentive

We choose Catering Works as our wedding venue without even trying the food! We are from out of state and were impressed with the customer service we received from beginning to end. The staff we worked with were responsive, flexible with multiple changes and answers all the questions we had. We were able to do a food tasting a month before our wedding, and were blown away! The day of, the caterers were very attentive, fast paced and available for all guest needs. Most certainly recommend!
    Courtney P. Married on 11/30/2019

Great food and service!

I’m not sure what this says about us, but the first decision we made about the wedding was the food choice: we knew we wanted a taco bar! And, much to our delight Sarah and her Catering Works team brought our dream to life! They were creative (Mexican street corn anyone?) but also helped us hold true to what we wanted. All of our guests raved about the food. And, as a self-proclaimed guacamole expert, I’ve got to admit, it was absolutely delicious!
  • Liz
    Liz H. Married on 11/09/2019

Phenomenal food

Catering Works was a joy to work with for our wedding! My husband and I have multiple food allergies and the staff with catering works at our tasting were SUPER knowledgable and accommodating, we were able to create an incredible buffet menu that accommodated both of our allergies easily. On the day of we were able to have a handful of special plates to accommodate those with food allergies and the staff on site were super knowledgable and through as well, willing to confirm ingredients with us. The dishes we chose were unique takes on some basics and were a huge hit! Our guests were super impressed with food and service and we enjoyed it as well, it was incredible! We could not recommend them more and enjoyed working with the whole Catering Works team!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin B. Married on 11/02/2019

Such a wonderful experience!

Catering Works was professional and flexible from the beginning! They quickly responded to emails and scheduled a tasting for us on our schedule. We asked to change things up on our menu (even had them come up with a new BBQ sauce recipe) and they were more than happy to do it! Their staff was extremely professional and so kind on our big day. I would definitely recommend Catering Works for your wedding or any other event. They make everything easy - from choosing your menu, to online payments, to changing things at the last minute. They even made us an adorable to go box (including a bottle of champagne) that we were able to take on our minimoon! Kelli was a pleasure to work with and all of the staff there on our wedding day was just amazing. Thank you Catering Works!
  • Emily
    Emily P. Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Service

I'm still in awe of our wedding. The attention to detail and level of service Catering Works brought to the event was astounding. The menu, service and rental assistance helped elevate our wedding style and attendees are still raving. Kelli took great care of us from the very first meeting and the onsite team at both locations were phenomenal. I can't recommend this organization enough.
  • Kim
    Kim Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic buffet - and they did it all vegan for us!

Thank you so much Catering Works!! We got lots of compliments from our (non-vegan) guests on the vegan buffet, and we loved the food! Working with Catering Works in advance was like a dream - SO much easier than anyone else I'd been in touch with. They were so accommodating, but without sacrificing quality at all - I feel like they could take any food vision and do it wonderfully. And the price was just right for us! The tasting was great before the wedding, too. At the wedding, they made sure my husband and I ate, which was so appreciated. And they also made a great little basket for us with leftovers after the wedding which was sweet to find in the car! Would give Catering Works an even higher score if I could - use them for your wedding!!
    Carly Married on 09/28/2019

The Most Delicious Cakes!

We used Pastry Works for our wedding cake and the grooms cake at our rehearsal dinner. I worked with Nicole--and she was amazing. She was super responsive and gave me great examples of cake ideas when I wasn't sure what I wanted. They truly went above and beyond for our Grooms cake. I was surprising my husband with a Clemson themed rehearsal dinner and wanted the cake to look like the field. The pastry chef took that information and just ran with it producing the most amazing cake I have ever seen. They absolutely went above and beyond. Everyone was so amazed by the cake, taking pictures of it all night. It also tasted amazing! It was so fluffly and delicious. Our wedding cake was beautiful, it was just perfect and exactly what I wanted. We went with the cinnamon flavored cake and buttercream frosting. OMG! Everyone was again talking about how great the cake was. It was so delicious. My husband who is not a sweets person, couldn't stop eating it.

Catering Works's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your cake. You looked absolutely stunning on you wedding day and we were honored to be a part of it.

Thank you for having us!
  • Janelle
    Janelle S. Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful Experience; Delicious Food!

Having worked with Catering Works previously (we use them for all of our major events at my job), it was a no-brainer that this would be who we would hire for our wedding.

We hired Catering Works for our Labor Day weekend wedding, and we couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out! We are still receiving compliments on how delicious the food was 2 weeks later.

We had an in-person consultation with Kelli, and we worked closely with the team via email to pare down what we wanted our menu to look like. Kelli and Jill were extremely helpful and patient while we decided on what our final menu would look like.

It helped that they were also familiar with our wedding venue and had previously worked with a number of the other vendors we selected. All of this, combined with their professionalism, helped everything run seamlessly.

Having never planned a wedding before, Kelli was extremely helpful in offering suggestions for the menu and even ideas for how things would be plated/presented on our big day.

In the end, Kelli and the rest of the Catering Works team planned and executed: 2 cocktail hours, passed hors d'oeuvres, plated salads, a beautiful buffet-style dinner (with everything clearly labeled), bananas foster station, and our wedding cake.

We were able to do tastings prior to our big day, and the food was incredibly delicious and thoughtfully presented - even during our tastings.

We'd also like to take a moment to point out that as we made our way to our sweetheart table at the wedding, one of the Catering Works staff members came right over to us with two sampler plates of food. They had gone above and beyond to make sure we were fed first so that we wouldn't have to worry about getting our own food! They also checked in with us throughout the evening to see if there was anything else we needed.

Little, thoughtful details like this made such a huge difference - especially when you're caught up in the emotions of the day and facing tons of distractions.

Additionally - at the end of the evening - I was lamenting the fact that I didn't get to have seconds on some of the food... Well, didn't you know that after we had our sendoff and had gotten to our hotel, we discovered that Catering Works had put together a beautiful basket full of neatly packaged food from our wedding!! It was one of the most thoughtful things.

We are incredibly grateful to Catering Works for helping to make our big day so memorable. Food is such a key part of any big event - especially a wedding (believe us - we've been to our share of bad weddings where people complained about the food). We wanted our guests to be well fed with only the highest quality food and beverages, and that is exactly what we got.

Thank you, again, to Kelli and Jill and the rest of the Catering Works team. We will be forever grateful, and we will sing your praises to anyone who asks.

We highly recommend Catering Works for your next big event!

With gratitude,
    Janelle & Greg Studdard
    Michele G. Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious food and wonderful team to work with!

Catering Works did an amazing job at our wedding, we are so glad that we hired them! They were so flexible and easy to work with, responded quickly to any inquiry and provided delicious food that our guests were raving about. Everything was done professionally and efficiently, we were extremely impressed and satisfied. They even sent us with a gift basket of leftover food from appetizers to entrees to sides to desserts, which meant a lot to us since we didn’t have much time to enjoy it during the day! It made the perfect day after the wedding meal! I couldn’t recommend Catering Works more, you won’t regret it!
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 06/08/2019

Catering Works and Bloom Works are the best!

My husband and I were married in June 2019 and we feel so fortunate to have worked with Nicole, the Chef, and EW at Bloomworks. What a team. First of all the tasting was an amazing experience. The food was so good and they sent us back to the hotel with leftovers. We met the Chef and had a great conversation about food and cheese. He was so knowledgeable and passionate about his work. After the tasting we knew they were the ones. We did other tastings but none held a candle to Catering Works. Besides the food the other thing that grabbed our attention was Nicole, what a Power house. She is kind and patient with a fierce attention to details and a supernatural ability to plan and organize. Wow, she should be a Fortune 500 president. Our wedding would never have been as beautiful without her help. We were both living in other states so everything we did was from afar. She held it all together and was always prompt with communication. She is sooooo good at what she does and she has a great sense of style. Finally, I want to brag about the flowers and decor. They were the most beautiful. I wanted a very particular set of flowers for my bouquet, peonies, irises, parrot tulips, and roses...in white and green. He created every piece with such a flair and artisanal sense of composition and aesthetics, everything was stunning. But that’s not all...we were supposed to get married outside, but it rained. EW and his amazing staff busted their a**ses transforming a beige banquet hall into a magical garden complete with gauzy rosette umbrellas, a gorgeous arbor, a tree with all of our favors, and gorgeous centerpieces based on Dutch still life paintings. It was even prettier than the garden. He is a magician. If we do other events in the triangle we will only use these companies. They are 5 star all the way and they made our wedding so special.
    Anh Married on 05/19/2019

Great experience with Catering Works

I am the kind of bride who puts a lot of time and effort into researching each and every vendor till I find a perfect match. I ranked my wedding vendors in an excel spreadsheet and Catering Works was my number one choice in the Caterer category. We worked with Bridget and Nicole and they were both responsive, nice and professional. Our tasting went well and we got the table linens and silverware from CE Rental through Catering Works. On our wedding day, the staff were punctual and professional. The food was served in a timely manner and our guests were pleased with the entrees and dessert. Catering Works wrote us a very nice card and packed the leftover for us. We highly recommend them and appreciate all of their help!
  • Taylor
    Taylor H. Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent experience!!!

We hired Catering Works for our wedding reception and it was OUTSTANDING!!! We had a dip buffet for cocktail hour, a Tex-Mex fajita bar for dinner, and an ice cream sundae bar for dessert and each dish was more scrumptious than the next. We had so many guests raving about the deliciousness of it all!! What impressed me most about them was how they went above and beyond just the food aspect of our wedding. We had our wedding in the pasture at the groom’s parents’ house so it was a much more DIY event than having it at a proper venue. Catering Works staff helped move chairs and decorations from the ceremony site to the reception tent and after the night was over, they packed up all of our dirty dishes to return to the rental company and cleared off every table. It was so wonderful to show up the next morning thinking we had hours of clean up to do and discover the majority of it was taken care of!!! They packed up all of the extra food and even sent us home on the wedding night with a goody basket of champagne and enough leftovers for a late-night snack!! We would without a doubt recommend Catering Works to any bride planning a wedding, they helped make the best day of our lives even more special!!!
    Stephanie Married on 04/27/2019

Tons of options, good food, affordable prices!

I was so pleased with the food at our wedding! Kelli was so responsive and helpful in providing menu options during the planning process. Everything tasted great and the service was awesome. Definitely recommend!