73 Reviews for Catering Works, Inc

House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
Signature Drink (1)
73 Catering Works, Inc Reviews

I was introduced to Catering Works through my Day-Of Coordinator and I am so thankful I was! Once you hire them, ask for Nicole. Best. Consultant. Ever. I got to completely customize my menu for my wedding and Nicole worked with me to make sure I got what I wanted in the budget I wanted. She was so quick to respond with changes (and there were several) and I got the menu of my dreams. She also coordinated our linen rentals and went with me to pick them out. During our tasting, the chef came out to meet us and made sure he gave us exactly what we wanted. They have fun options like a french fry bar that I used for my cocktail hour and a donut bar that I used for my dessert. My guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was and I even had some text me after my wedding telling me that they were craving the food that I had! They served my husband and I first (we did a buffet) so we actually got to eat! The event manager checked with us multiple times throughout the reception to make sure that we had everything that we needed. They also packed us a picnic basket to take with us that included food, a bottle of champagne, and a sweet note! You will not find better service, better people, or better food anywhere else. I am so thrilled to have worked with them and if I ever need another caterer for any event, they will be the ones I go to no question!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Catering Works helped us cater our recent wedding this past Spring. The entire experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend them for any future event. The process was extremely smooth and easy. The tasting at their office was delicious and they even set up a cake testing for us to do at home prior to the event. The day of our food was delicious and we were so pleased at the accommodations they made for a couple of vegan and gluten free guests. The cake was also amazing and we were so happy that we had them do both the cake and food for the day. Catering Works also took care of our bartending needs and were excellent at making sure the bridal party was taken care of the whole time. At the end of the night, they sent us home with a basket with meals for the two us and cake. This was a fantastic gesture and really cemented our great experience using them.

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Clean Up, Set Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Plated, Tastings

We were absolutely thrilled with Catering Works! From the moment we contacted them to learn about their catering services for our wedding reception, they were a pleasure to work with! The communication in the planning stages was amazing (big shout out to Nicole for her amazing work and being the best email responder ever!). Nicole helped us work through a change from stations to plated (which was the BEST decision in the end!), taught us about late night snacks (which were a big hit!), and was with us every step of the way. She was helpful but not pushy and so encouraging and positive the whole time! The staff at the reception (at the Rickhouse in Durham) was phenomenal! They were attentive to the needs of our guests without us really even knowing they were there! And the food - all of it - was AMAZING! We have heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests and also from the other vendors about how awesome it was to work with this company! Thank you Catering Works for making the food experience at our wedding so perfect! We give our highest recommendation for this group!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Cake, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

Such a wonderful and flexible company to work with. Everyone is so friendly, and the food is IMPECABLE!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Choosing Catering Works to cater our wedding was absolutely one of the best decisions we made. We had so many guests tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The day-of event staff were extraordinary in all aspects - attentive, discreet, professional, and clearly top of the line (in what was a very challenging kitchen to bus / prep in). The food was perfect and exactly what we were hoping for. The cake was the best wedding cake we have ever had. Throughout the whole planning process they were focused totally on what we wanted for our event, which really set them apart from other catering companies and made our event very uniquely us, while still inserting their knowledge and experience where appropriate to suggest better ways to accomplish what we wanted.

The ultimate reason we chose Catering Works was because of Kelli and her professionalism, obvious experience and knowledge within the industry, and her understanding of what we were envisioning. All of her assistance in the planning along the way was invaluable and made our event perfect. Her experience and knowledge of what was needed and what would / wouldn't work in our challenging reception space was invaluable. Her responsiveness and attention to our order and every specific detail was sincerely appreciated and made the day-of so stress free and perfect for us and our guests. We would absolutely recommend Kelli and Catering Works to anyone who wants to throw a perfect event for a reasonable price and delicious food.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

My experience with Catering Works was great! From the beginning of my first inquiry to the weeks leading to the wedding, Donna provided excellent service. She was always willing to provide suggestions when menu changes were requested and provided prompt responses to all of my questions and emails. The day of the wedding, the event coordinator (I believe his name was Patrick, but the day is a blur) was very helpful. He ensured that my husband and I received appetizers while we were waiting on introductions, brought us plates from the buffet so that we could eat first, and made sure I had a new drink when needed. He is the reason I was able to eat and enjoy a couple of beverages on my wedding day. Our guests complemented the food, and I am thrilled with the service we received. Thanks so much for everything! Oh and I highly recommend the mashed potato bar.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I am so impressed with Catering Works! Nicole coordinated my daughter's wedding and EW did our flowers. They were very professional, organized, and easy and fun to work with. They obviously love their jobs! All the guests raved about the food. If you have concerns about serving salmon on a buffet, you can rest assured that it will be done with perfection by Catering Works. The bride and groom chose 3 different types of cake and frosting for each layer and our guests were surprized and excited to have a choice. And it was incredibly delicious! Everything was just beautiful! I will definitely be working with them again!

Profile Picture User7390627, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Catering Works team did an amazing job! The food was delicious and all of our guests raved about it. We're still hearing about how much everyone loved the food. Kelli, the sales lead, went above and beyond to help us pick our menu and helped with coordinating everything the day of our wedding. The catering staff were professional and ensured that we were taken care of through out the whole day, including consistently bringing us food and drinks throughout the entire day to make sure we ate. The floral team designed our bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, and flowers for the arbor at our ceremony. The flowers were gorgeous and better than what we had imagined.
We highly recommend using Catering Works!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, American, Chairs, Tables

The best advice I can give to brides is to surround yourselves with vendors you love and trust. Seriously, that will make the planning process and the wedding itself one thousand times better. We did just that with hiring Catering Works.

I honestly don't know where to begin with my thanks to Nicole and Catering Works for everything they did for our wedding. We first reached out to Catering Works in April 2016 for our September 2017 wedding. Nicole was extremely responsive from the beginning and was patient with all my neurotic bride questions and frequent menu indecisiveness. We went in for our first tasting in July 2016 and the food was both delicious and beautiful! We had some suggestions for minor tweaks, and Nicole was open to all of them. She really wanted to work with us to put together our dream menu.

Nicole was also our lead vendor in terms of managing the flow of our wedding day. Prior to the wedding, we mapped out the exact schedule with her team doing WAY more than what a standard catering company does. They are really full service including setting up our ceremony chairs to setting up all the tables, bringing the linens, taking out the trash, and breaking down the tables.

On our wedding day itself, everyone was excessively kind and accommodating. We had so many guests comment how CW was the best catering team they have ever seen. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. We seriously could not have asked for anything more.

Mimi deserves a special shout out as she was the drink delivery wizard of the night. I was under the impression she was catering to only my husband and myself, but it turns out she was personally catering that to the entire bridal party (22 people). She would just appear (before and after the ceremony) with our requested drinks and was so friendly in doing so.

The evening was nothing short of sheer perfection, and the CW team contributed in such a large way. Going with CW was one of the best

Profile Picture Annie, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Southern, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Delicious food, attentive service-wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Kris, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Local, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Catering Works is amazing! I worked with Nicole Flynn and she was absolutely wonderful. They are so professional, accommodating, and understanding of everything - how important this day is, what your needs and budget are, everything! They made us feel special throughout the planning process and were able to find anything we asked for. They handled all of our food, setup, and rentals seamlessly, eliminating a ton of extra work for me. Nicole and the Catering Works team were simply amazing!

Profile Picture Avery, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Tables, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

We loved Catering Works Inc,

When we were decided between two catering companies, Catering Works was the obvious choice because of their professionalism, promptness with communication, and quality of food.

During our wedding we wanted half of our food to be Indian dishes. They were able to provide us a list of dishes they had made in the past and work with us on any requests we had. During our tasting we tasted the Indian dishes that we had ordered. They were all delicious. The cook really worked hard to make the dishes authentic and was open to suggestions as well.

Catering Works also helps you rent table cloths, plates, silverware, and glasses. I enjoyed this experience of picking out what we liked, seeing it displayed, being able to take photos, and take a sample of the fabrics home. Going through catering works I was provided with more options/selections that other rental companies I had checked with. Catering works works this cost into their estimate so there are no surprises.

Along with providing our food, Catering Works had a cake special that we decided to go with. The cake was delicious! We has chocolate cake.

I think the biggest hit at our wedding was the Dosa bar. Guests were able to select from different fillings and chutneys.

Guests commented on how good the food and cake were. The staff that worked our wedding were friendly and professional. They did an amazing job and everyone at the wedding enjoyed both the food and service.

If you go with Catering Works you will not have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Italian, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I had the pleasure of working with Catering Works on a wedding recently that I coordinated. I have worked with many caterers, and was extremely impressed by the entire experience. Working with Kelli was great, I can't thank her enough for the responsiveness, availability and flexibility in accommodating my clients needs. The onsite team of servers were great, kept the tables clean, worked well with small shifts in timeline and were extremely pleasant to work with. This was my first time working with Catering works and look forward to working with them again!

Profile Picture Jayme, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We booked Catering Works after speaking with one other vendor. After meeting with Kelli, we knew Catering Works was the right fit. We loved working with Kelli and she understood exactly what we were looking for in our cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and our reception dinner. There were a few last minute items that we needed to add on, and Catering Works accommodated our needs with ease. Our family and friends raved about the food on the day of and in the days after our wedding.

Profile Picture Kelcey, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern

Cateringworks did an amazing job pulling together our Garden Party wedding in our backyard. Donna was simply amazing to work with and took care of us throughout, including making sure the tent had the right fabrics in the right areas for better pictures! We received so many compliments on the food and the staff and how wonderful they were to all of our guests. They really just made a perfect day for us!

Profile Picture Paula, 5/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you need a caterer in the durham area book this one!They are the best, so easy to deal with, excellent food, service, and the most beautiful flowers!

Profile Picture Marsha, 3/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: No Pork, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Chairs, Tables

Absolutely book Catering Works! They have over 25 years of experience and it shows! It is so worth going with a company who is a one stop shop! Food, flowers, cake, service, set-up, etc.! Donna and Joseph are wonderful and have been so easy to work with!

Profile Picture User5570916, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Italian, Southern, Spanish, Buffet, Dessert, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

The caterer was one of the first vendors we settled on in our wedding planning and it was one of the most painful choices. Planning a wedding from Dubai for Durham without a wedding coordinator was no easy task, and we essentially chose our caterer based on pricing and reviews, rather than on food. But working with Nicole immediately allayed any fears I might have that I was working with the wrong company. Nicole was incredibly responsive, even on her days off and handled everything from meal choices to linens and chairs and revised the invoices no less than 15 times.

On our wedding day my fiance and I were so happy to have chosen Catering Works and so grateful to have worked with everyone on their catering team. They were marvelously prompt and attentive from the start and you absolutely saved our wedding day and even the broken strap on my dress! I honestly think Catering Works is 98% responsible for how smoothly everything went--again long-distance planning and no day-of coordinator or planner--and for the effortless look of our wedding. They even fed us during our very long photography session following the ceremony. We're forever grateful!

Profile Picture Tina, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Catering Works is absolutely outstanding! I have been in the Hospitality industry for a long time and I have seen every different level of service. These folks are top notch. From start to finish we were taken care of with finesse and care. Kelly at the office was super helpful and knew the business well and had it down to the details, we could tell she truly just wanted us to be happy with our decision in regards to a caterer. She did not pressure us at all. She was even so kind as to recommend gluten free options for my wife-to-be and plug them into the menu she sent us. Patrick! I have to say, in all my years as a hotel manager, rarely have I seen someone with such a knack for service and an eye for detail as Patrick. The job he and his team did taking care of us and our wedding guests seriously made the evening that much more special. Literally everyone enjoyed everything they ate and drank. I could tell he and his team had this down to a science and every detail was meticulously planned. I cannot say enough good things about Catering Works other than you should definitely at the very least consider them among your final contenders when choosing your caterer, and trust you will be hard pressed to find a better choice.

Profile Picture Steven, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I just can't say enough about this vendor! Kelli was warm and responsive, and helped us plan our menu from an archive of 10,000 recipes! We held the event in a private lodge, so the space had to be 'flipped' from being set up with chairs for viewing the ceremony to a dining room with tables and chairs, to finally, a dance floor. They did it all quietly and efficiently. They handled all the rentals-- tables, linens, dishes, silverware, etc. so it was literally one-stop shopping. The food was incredible and our guests all raved! I was especially pleased that the salmon was not farmed salmon, and the chicken was local and free-range. The service at the tables was fantastic but they were never intrusive. I don't know how they can make all this work look so effortless. If I could give them 6 stars instead of 5, I would gladly do it. What a top-notch business! You would never regret having them cater your event.

Profile Picture User7144536, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Catering is hands down one of the most important items to think about for a wedding. My wife and I were recently married in NC and choosing catering works for the wedding was in the end the best possible choice we could have made. Kelli worked with Jennifer, our wedding co-ordinator like a well oiled military machine and they made sorting the catering for our wedding easy. Seriously easy. I cannot say this enough, catering works charges a premium price but they give you a more than premium service. Their staff were phenomenal. Absolutely amazing. From the bar staff, who made cocktails all night and poured beer and wine without ever having to make anyone stay at the bar waiting for a long time. To the servers who were always present and handy and ever helpful to Kelli, the best catering co-ordinator ever. We were never in any doubt that we were in good hands. The food is to die for and the peace of mind was the best. On the day of, my wife and I did not need to think of or do anything and best thing was they looked after us. It's tiring, doing all the stuff in the wedding and on the day we were fed and watered and brought drinks etc. Catering works looked after us, and for that we will be forever thankful. Pro tip, choose the menu and then go for the tasting, this will give you the best idea of what you are going to get on the day, and don't be shy of stating your ideas. Kelli, you are the best, thanks for the help on our big day and being so awesome!

Profile Picture Mars, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

I LOVED using catering works for our wedding! It was so nice to be able to book the majority of what we needed through one vendor. They also really helped us stick to our budget. On top of that, the people, service, and products were great. Our main point of contact was Kelli and she was so helpful and accommodating with tips and advice through out the whole process. All of the staff that was on site the day of were also very helpful. The food was delicious, they have tons of options and will help tailor your menu to fit your budget. Our cake was gorgeous, it turned out exactly like the pictures I showed them. It was also delicious, I highly recommend their chocolate cake. Lastly, the DJ they booked for us was also great. He was very experienced and knowledgeable which was very helpful when planing out the schedule for the reception.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Vegetarian

Catering Works is awesome, they know what they are doing! Ask for Donna. They have the knowledge, experience, and professionalism to help you plan your event. I found them on Yelp after interviewing 3 other catering companies. We had a budget we wanted to work with and they were able to accommodate our every need and even more. They were the only catering company that said yes to all of our requests. We wanted a brunch wedding reception and Catering Works went above and beyond. Best tasting waffle I've ever had in my entire life! We were so impressed with the food and quality, event manager, service from the staff, and timely setup and cleanup. My bride and I didn't have to worry about anything. They even fixed us up with plates of food at our table for us. Being so busy greeting our guests and taking photos, we were so happy we could have cried. They delivered on everything they said they would do and more. The price was right, the presentation was gorgeous and the service was even better. All of our invited guests showered us with complements on our selection for the caterer and the accommodations that they provided. Everyone loved the food. I can't say enough great things about Catering Works, they really helped make our wedding day the wonderful occasion that it was. I would highly recommend them for any event. The owner even showed up on our wedding day and checked that everything was going well. We felt so cared for. One more thing...our wedding was at a private residential home and the owners of the estate were so impressed with Catering Works that they canceled on a different caterer they were planning on using for a future event and went with Catering Works instead. They are the best! Thanks Donna and all the Catering Works staff and a special thank you to the event manager, I can't remember her name. Catering Works has my unequivocal recommendation for any event! They are the flawless model that all catering companies should strive to emulate.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture William, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Catering Works was awesome. The food was tasty and the bartenders and waitstaff were attentive to all of our guests.

Working with Nicole was an absolute dream. Not only was she incredibly flexible with my husband and I, but I really appreciated how Nicole took charge being the intermediary between the venue, other event companies and I. It was so nice working with someone who I knew was always on it and willing to help.

I would absolutely use Catering Works and Nicole again!

Profile Picture User4839426, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian