Catering Connection Reviews

40 | Santa Barbara, CA

40 Reviews for Catering Connection

• Sarah

Sarah Powers · Married on 06/07/2019

Great food, great service!

Philippe and his team were absolutely amazing! Besides the food (build your own taco bar) being delicious and incredible, everything from the drink service to the set up to clean up was done so smoothly and without a hitch. The entire team was attentive and detail-oriented, making sure everyone had a great time. I had guests coming up to me, saying how much they loved the tacos and dessert. I truly thank them from the bottom of my heart for helping to make my day so special!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you! Nice way to start my Monday! We appreciate your kind comments, and we were happy to help with all of your amazing vendors!
    Best wishes again!
  • Britney

Britney Zavada · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Caterer you could ask for

Would gladly hire Philippe and the entire crew for another event. From the beginning they were fantastic, responsive and reasonable. The staff was amazing at our wedding and the food was just as delicious as it was at the tasting. Truly, you couldn't have a better catering experience. They even sent over food to us to make sure we ate on our wedding day and routinely checked in with us. Their level of professionalism and attention to detail is unparalleled. We tried several other caterers, and they were far and away the best.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Britney for your kind review. I am so glad we were there to help you and Aviv celebrate! Much appreciated!
  • Staci

Staci · Married on 10/20/2018

The nicest catering company!!!

Phi and his team at Catering Connection created the most spectacular menu for our October wedding in Santa Barbara!
    First, the watermelon welcome refreshment was the perfect way to kick off the warm October evening -- super delicious and refreshing.
    For apps, we offered 4 different ones to our guests during our cocktail how...which was perfect! Phi's team has a HUGE variety of what they offer -- and everything we sampled was so so good!!
    Lastly, for the food...we decided to have a buffet because we wanted our guests up and mingling as much as possible...and this really helped make that happen. Again, the food -- there is so much to choose from. It is impossible to go wrong. People say "wedding food" never is that great -- but let me tell you...this was amazing!!!
    One thing worth mentioning: We didn't use Phi's bar services because we had a connection elsewhere. However, based on their service throughout the night...I have to imagine their bartending services would be stellar.
    Thanks for a great evening Phi and team!!!

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Staci! I appreciate your kind comments and so glad it all worked out! All of us at Catering Connection work hard and nice to hear we succeed!
    My best
  • Paula

Paula Bottiani · Married on 10/19/2018

"Top Shelf" in every way

I have worked with Catering Connection for 15 plus years; both on personal events and corporate events. They are by far the best group I have had the privilege to work with. They are professional, consistent, honest, generous with portions, but most of all personable. They make the event "yours"!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Victoria Smith · Married on 10/06/2018

The FINEST of people.

In brief, hire this team. Philippe, Ursula, Heather and the rest of the team made magic happen. They worked with our budget, they went back and forth with us to perfect the menu, and they took amazing care of us when on our special day we had a family health issue. They took care of every last detail and then some. We recommend them to the fullest. ~Victoria and Chris

Colleen · Married on 10/06/2018

Fabulous in every way!

I can’t begin to rave highly enough about the fantastic Catering Connection Team!! This amazing company was outstanding in every way! Our daughter and son-in-law got married in October, and thanks in huge part to this phenomenal catering company, their wedding was the most perfect day ever! The professional and caring ways of all of their team members were extraordinary. Philippe was absolutely wonderful! He was by our side every step of the way during the entire planning process. His friendly, kind and very prompt responses to all of my emails and phone calls were so reassuring to us, especially with the many questions I had along the way. Philippe was so great also in helping us stay within our budget, and together with his expertise and our daughter’s and son-in-law’s food choices, he helped us design the most fabulous gourmet appetizers and entrees ever! And he made this so extra special and fun at a food tasting, in which he created a lovely sit-down atmosphere for the Bride and Groom and a few of us family members to enjoy before making our final selections. Philippe and staff went above and beyond also the day before the wedding and also the day of, not only with all of the food and drink set up but also in setting up of chairs and decorating the ballroom dining room tables to perfection! Ursula was absolutely amazing as the woman in charge the day of our wedding! Her professionalism and that of her staff was so outstanding! Ursula had everything running so smoothly time wise with every aspect of our dining and drinking pleasures for the evening! All of our guests loved the food! Everything was so wonderful and tasty and every aspect of the display of the food was beautiful! And the entire serving staff during the reception couldn’t be beat – so super friendly and 100% attentive to all the guests! I cannot even begin to tell you how very grateful we all are for all that the Catering Connection Team did to make our daughter’s and son-in-law’s wedding day celebration the most magical and perfect day of their lives! This wonderful catering company came very highly recommended to us from many sources and we are forever grateful that we were able to have them for our wedding. Thank you so very much again to Ursula and Philippe and all of your wonderful Catering Connection staff!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Catering Connection's reply:

Colleen, thank you for your kind word! It was a true pleasure working with you, Tom, Kat and Cole and we are so glad it all turned out well! It is always a team effort from our staff to the wonderful team of vendors helping us as well! Congrats to Kat and Cole again!

Lindsay · Married on 08/11/2018

Delicious food and kind and courteous staff!

I am so happy I used catering connection for my wedding. I had my reception on a yacht and all my food was passed. Catering connection knocked it out of the park. Our guests loved the food!! I know bride and grooms don’t usually get much food during a wedding but my husband and I both ate so much since it was so good :)

Sent on 11/14/2018

James Nichols · Married on 08/11/2018

Worry-free Event!

We really appreciated Philippe's enthusiasm and "can do" attitude. He was very responsive to all of our requests. Our event went extremely smoothly with no oversight from us.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Cody Reber · Married on 08/11/2018

Wonderful planning, perfect execution, and delicious food!

Ursula and Phi were absolutely amazing; we could not have put together such a perfect wedding experience without Catering Connection. Every detail was handled with professional ease, which pricelessly removed stress and truly highlighted their expertise throughout the process. We couldn't have been happier with the execution and attention to details on our wedding day, and absolutely loved the delicious food - we are still hearing raving reviews from our family and friends months later!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Cody! Both Ursula and I are so glad you and C had a great time! It was a pleasure working with you both in the planning process and for Ursula to be there on your special day!
    Best as always!

Mckenzie Rasmussen · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent experience

The team at Catering Connection were helpful & responsive in the planning stages and the food was awesome.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Jim Kalagher · Married on 06/16/2018

Kalagher Wedding

Catering Connection was amazing. They gave our wedding a 5-Star quality meal on a VERY reasonable budget, and they could not have been more polite or accommodating.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Kathleen · Married on 06/02/2018

Wouldn't change a thing!

Catering Connection made our catering choice easy for our wedding. We provided an idea of what type of food we wanted and Catering Connection nailed it! At our tasting, we didn't change the menu at all! The day of food was delicious, top-notch quality and the arrangement was very beautiful and appeasing. With the day of and reception being a little chaotic, Phi brought us a plate and ensured our families also ate. Overall the first-class service from the food to the care and thoughtfulness, we were very happy with Catering Connections. Our guests are still raving about how amazing our food was and it's all because of Catering Connection. I'd love to work with them again in the future!! Thank you so much Catering Connection and a special thank you to Phi!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Kathleen - We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and will pass it on to our staff, as it is always a team effort!
    My best!

La Ro De · Married on 05/26/2018

Winery Wedding in May

We enjoyed working with Catering Connection very much. Phi was always professional and very responsive. We did have a couple of minor hiccups (and all of my guests ate our cheese before we arrived!), but Catering Connection resolved our issues quickly and very much to our satisfaction. Guests commented how delicious the food was and overall I am thrilled with their service.

Courtney Sagundo · Married on 05/20/2018

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!

Catering Connection was wonderful to work with! They are so creative, an EXCELLENT value and provide EXCELLENT food and EXCELLENT service. Peace of mind has no price tag, and they ensured a perfect day without a second thought or worry.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

Love love love Cating Connection!!!

We used Catering Connection for our wedding reception after having used them several times in the past for holiday parties and other events. As always, they did not disappoint. We've worked with the owner, Ursula, in the past and she is wonderful. This time around our main contact and event manager was Philippe. He is just as amazing. We started the process right around the time of the Thomas Fire and Montecito Mudslide, but despite road closures and utter chaos around us, Philippe made sure that we stayed on track and he even met with us on his day off. He consistently went out of his way to ensure our reception went smoothly. Not only did he plan the menu and manage the event, but he also assisted us with décor, rentals, figuring out a timeline, and helping us with other logistics for the evening. The food was delicious and we received tons of compliments from our guests. We highly recommend Catering Connection. You cannot go wrong with them.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/22/2017

The team at Catering Connection was absolutely amazing. Philippe worked with us on everything from budget to smaller details. He was so helpful in organizing the entire event. I did not have an event coordinator and so having him and Zohe help with executing my special day made everything go off without a hitch! And the FOOD! We wanted a specific style of service and Philippe went out of his way to make it happen, ordering from different rental companies to negotiating with the venue. My guests RAVED about the style, setup, and flavor of the food. We wanted particular apps for the cocktail hour and they went above and beyond with our bacon bar! Thank you to the team at Catering Connection for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Caitlin. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and so glad it all worked out!
    Best as always!

Rick · Married on 10/01/2016

Philippe at Catering Connect did an outstanding job from beginning to end. He even helped with picking out the rental stuff. The food at our Wedding was exactly what we were served at our tasting event. It could not have been any better. Philippe, I feel we were friends by the event! Thanks so much

Sent on 12/19/2016

Catering Connection's reply:

Rick, thank you very much for your very kind words. I am so glad it all turned out well and you and Veronica enjoyed our services and food. It makes for a very good start of my day!
    Congratulations to you both again!

Emily · Married on 09/10/2016

Philippe at Catering Connection was absolutely amazing. Our food was delicious and everyone is still talking about it!!! I would absolutely recommend their services for a big day because he created a great menu and also helped us with our rentals and all of the stress we faced at this crazy time!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind comments and review - it is greatly appreciated. We always work as a team, both with our staff and other exceptional vendors such as the rental companies and will make sure to pass that on to them as well!
    Best wishes from all of us!
    Philippe

Linnea · Married on 04/23/2016

We had an amazing experience using Catering Connection to cater our April wedding in Santa Barbara. Catering Connection handled everything for us: food, beverages, service, bar tending, and coordination of rentals. When creating the menu for your event, you have the option to chose from their extensive selection of menu options, or to customize your menu with pretty much anything you might want. We had a few specific requests (like Churros for dessert) and they were able to accommodate them no problem. And the food is delicious! We worked with Philippe and he was a pleasure to work with, very responsive to all of our questions and requests and was sensitive to our budget and helped us come up with a menu and plan that worked perfectly for us. We were so impressed by the team that helped us on our wedding day, each of them were professional and friendly and made sure that we didn't have to worry about a thing. They took care of all the rentals, the food and beverage service, set up and clean up. Not only was the food delicious but they take great care in the display of the food and beverage stations as well. We were blown away by the way everything turned out, and we would recommend them to anyone looking for catering services in the Santa Barbara area.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Catering Connection's reply:

Dear Linnea, thank you for your kind comments. We strive to make it happen for you and create wonderful memories for years to come for you, your families and friends, and it is rewarding to know we succeed! As you said, it is always a team effort and I will make sure to pass it on to the entire crew!
    Congratulations to both of you again!

Kelly · Married on 04/16/2016

One of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding was choosing Catering Connection as our caterer. We had the pleasure of working closely with Philippe there.
    Philippe was extremely knowledgeable about what is popular and in season, what set-up works well with our venue and was open to a few special requests we had. The tasting they supplied was so impressive and professional. I could tell just by the service we received prior to even tasting the food that Catering Connection would be a great choice. But then, when we tasted the food, there were no questions asked. Everything was delicious, cooked perfectly and the presentation was beautiful!
    The food at the wedding was just as I remember it from the tasting…which can be very rare (coming from a corporate event planner). Our wedding was in April and even up to last week, I received a note about how great the wedding was and how GOOD THE FOOD WAS!! In addition to the food, the service was top notch. Service was a huge hot button for me and the Catering Connection team blew me away. They made my husband and I feel like VIPs and I witnessed them take good care of our guests all night long. Philippe also worked with my mom to surprise us with a family recipe for our late night snack which was so special!
    I can’t say enough about how much I enjoyed working with Catering Connection and Philippe. They made such a huge impact on how successful and enjoyable our wedding was.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Catering Connection's reply:

Kelly, thank you for this wonderful review and for taking the time! It is sincerely appreciated. We strive to make it happen for all of our clients and their guests, and it is nice to hear we succeed! It was fun planning the event with you (being in the "industry" too) and as always, a team effort with the full crew of stellar professionals you hired! We were set for success! Thank you again!

Leah · Married on 04/09/2016

Food was absolutely amazing. We received numerous compliments on the food from guests. The food and bar service was great and very friendly. During cocktail hour, it was easy to find passed appetizers. Our event manager Ina kept making sure we had everything we needed and set aside a separate plate of appetizers for us. During the meal, servers did a great job keeping everyone's glass full. Leading up to the wedding, Philippe was very helpful with questions, responded to emails quickly, and was very accommodating, even when I changed my mind at the last minute about the tablecloth color. They take care of all rentals for you as well. Affordable and well worth it!

Sent on 05/07/2016

Elisa · Married on 04/09/2016

My husband and I got married in April 2016 and we had such a great experience working with Catering Connection. Philippe was incredibly helpful and so easy to work with. He helped plan everything out as far as food and even the layout for the tables. Ursula was the one who was there the day of, but she knew exactly what was going on and how everything was supposed to go. Their teamwork is flawless. Not only were they incredibly helpful, but the food was amazing too. We had so many compliments on the food and how delicious it was. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the Santa Barbara/Ventura area.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Catering Connection's reply:

Hi Elisa, thank you very much for your kind comments! Both Ursula and I are happy it worked out for you and Peter, and appreciate your great work putting everything together as well! We can do so much without our clients' vision!
    Congratulations to you both again!

Catering connection far exceeded my expectations as to what a wedding caterer could offer- their service, attention to detail and food quality was second to none. So many guests commented that this was by far the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I had the pleasure of working with Phillipe who was a dream from start to finish. His extensive experience in the food- catering world offered a wealth of knowledge about all things food and entertaining. He helped me come up with a fun an creative menu and worked with me every step of the way to create the wedding of my dreams. I plan to use catering connection for any event, big or small, in the future. It felt like I was planning a party with a friend, who also happened to be an expert in this field. The servers and bartenders they provided were incredibly professional, attentive and polite.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank You for taking the time to give us a great review - We LOVE it!
    It was such a pleasure to work with you over the past year and we are delighted that all your dreams and vision's for the day came true Such a fun day filled with love, fireworks and happiness Cant wait to see all the photos
    Have a great honeymoon Congratulations to you both

John · Married on 06/27/2015

I've read a few reviews and a lot of them say it all.

Ursula, and the crew, were more than caterers. Depending on what was needed, she was a wedding planner, she was very patient, a friend, a guide and, she made you feel like nothing could go wrong on your special day. I can't overstate how "above and beyond" Catering Connection goes. And MY GOODNESS....the food was fantastic!

The food, professionalism of the crew, accuracy of the quotes, communication along the way is all enough for a 5 star recommendation. If there was a way to give 10 stars for the intangibles I would click away. They care, they make it special, and no detail gets left behind. We opted for a plated salad and a buffet and the main courses were as good, or better, than any sit down restaurant in the area.

Like the other reviews said - look no further or you may regret it. This is your best value. This is the best team. Any other choice is simply irrational!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Hi John,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a delight to be apart of your wedding and assist in making it a special night for you and Taylor
    I thoroughly enjoying our creative and planning sessions over the past year and look forward to seeing you again soon Ursula

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

Working with Phillipe and Catering connection was a true delight. We interviewed a number of caterers for my wedding, and he's the only one who walked through the venue and really had a plan for the flow of the whole event instead of just the food. He had priceless suggestions about bar placement and flow.

I was planning the wedding from across the country, so I didn't get to sample the food before we booked, but my proxy tasters were very impressed so we went for it. So glad we did. Phi even set up a special tasting for my husband to be and I which was magical. We'd been having a typical overwhelming day of wedding errands, and Phi welcomed us into the beautiful tasting room, and brought out all of the courses of delicious food (including our special requests)! Everything was perfect and we felt so much more relaxed. Plus Phi introduced us to the wine that we ended up serving at the wedding.

Day of service was great. Bride and Groom always had snacks and drinks, and we got tons of compliments about the food.

I would recommend Phi and CC to everyone!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Catering Connection's reply:

Dear Jessica, Thank you so much for your kind comments and review. All of us at CC appreciate those and glad to know our hard work pays off, but it is always a team effort, and along with CC, you had some amazing vendors, which makes our job easier! Congratulations to you and M. again!