Catering Connection Reviews

50 | Santa Barbara, CA

50 Reviews for Catering Connection

• Greg

Greg Wiles · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Fantastic Food and Service at a Reasonable Price!

Working with Philippe at Catering Connection was a breeze. He prepared a delicious menu for our 110 guests at a very reasonable price. He communicated effectively with us, accommodated some last minute menu changes, and the day-of service was fantastic. We were also impressed by his staff. Our guests kept complimenting the quality of the food during and after our big day. I highly recommend these folks for your Santa Barbara wedding!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Kaye Swanson · Married on 12/10/2019

White Glove experience

Philipe and Ursula did a phenomenal job with ease. This team knows how to pull off a wonderful, elegant event with very low stress. I can't think how they could be more helpful. They guided us through and accommodated where we needed changes and took care of absolutely everything. They are more than a catering company, they manage all the details in a caring and flexible manner

Sent on 12/18/2019

Kai · Married on 11/09/2019

Absolutely Spectacular

Philippe and his team at Catering Connection made our wedding day absolutely perfect. The number one response from our guests about our wedding was that this was the greatest meal they had ever had at a wedding. From the very beginning of the process, Philippe went above and beyond to create a spectacular menu, meat our budget needs, and make my fiancé and I feel like an absolute priority. During the planning process, Philippe promptly answered every one of my emails and answered every question thoroughly and kindly. He was extremely flexible with every one of my requests and worked so hard to put together a menu and layout that worked perfectly for us. The week of the wedding, we were devastated with an unexpected rain forecast, but Philippe worked tirelessly with my wedding coordinator (Toby Theule, Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator) to come up with a new plan that was both beautiful and functional. On the day of, the staff was so kind and hardworking, and the food was absolutely mind blowing. We took the buffet route and even the last of our 150 guests said the food was piping hot. Specifically, the braised beef short ribs were out of this world. I highly recommend hiring Philippe and Catering Connection to cater your next event.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Alex M · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing Caterer

Catering connection completely went the extra mile to make our wedding exactly what we wanted, all within our budget. Could not recommend Casey, Phillipe, and the rest of the team more highly!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Alex,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We loved being a part of your special day with Matt. Best wishes & happy holidays!

Jennifer M · Married on 10/08/2019

Amazing food! Amazing people!

Working with Philippe and his team was a lovely experience. He was responsive, easygoing and the consummate professional. Catering Connection took care of EVERYTHING which made for a stress free event. Plus, the food was out of this world delicious!

Sent on 01/05/2020

Steph · Married on 09/28/2019

Great experience with Phi

We worked with Phi - it was a wonderful experience. He was very helpful throughout the wedding planning process and the food was delicious! We highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Powers · Married on 06/07/2019

Great food, great service!

Philippe and his team were absolutely amazing! Besides the food (build your own taco bar) being delicious and incredible, everything from the drink service to the set up to clean up was done so smoothly and without a hitch. The entire team was attentive and detail-oriented, making sure everyone had a great time. I had guests coming up to me, saying how much they loved the tacos and dessert. I truly thank them from the bottom of my heart for helping to make my day so special!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you! Nice way to start my Monday! We appreciate your kind comments, and we were happy to help with all of your amazing vendors!
    Best wishes again!
  • Britney

Britney Zavada · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Caterer you could ask for

Would gladly hire Philippe and the entire crew for another event. From the beginning they were fantastic, responsive and reasonable. The staff was amazing at our wedding and the food was just as delicious as it was at the tasting. Truly, you couldn't have a better catering experience. They even sent over food to us to make sure we ate on our wedding day and routinely checked in with us. Their level of professionalism and attention to detail is unparalleled. We tried several other caterers, and they were far and away the best.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Britney for your kind review. I am so glad we were there to help you and Aviv celebrate! Much appreciated!

Mihui Eckels · Married on 03/09/2019

Fancy-schmancy level at an affordable price

Philippe was so helpful in picking out a good balance of different types of apps as well as portioning for the size for our party size. The day of, he was so professional and helpful to our guests, they had an amazing time eating and drinking. They also provide beverages, and coolers with ice, they were so kind to have it all covered. Saved us so much work and time. We're such a fan!

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Kassia

Kassia Wilhelm · Married on 02/23/2019

Delicious food and a stress-free experience

Catering Connection did such a wonderful job at our wedding from initial planning to final cleanup. Our initial calls were really straightforward and helpful. They were very flexible when I wanted to add and remove different things. We chose to have served appetizers and a buffet menu, we also did our rentals through them which made the whole process seamless and easy. On the day of we felt so taken care of, the Catering Connection team was kind and friendly, and they even made sure to bring us drinks, appetizers, and entree plates throughout the evening so that we didn't forget to stop and eat. I would recommend Catering Connection to anyone, they made our wedding day feel so special and the food was delicious :).

Sent on 12/23/2019

Ksenia · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing catering experience

We had our wedding party of 30 people, and the catering experience was awesome. Great team, good arrangements, excellent service!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Staci

Staci · Married on 10/20/2018

The nicest catering company!!!

Phi and his team at Catering Connection created the most spectacular menu for our October wedding in Santa Barbara!
    First, the watermelon welcome refreshment was the perfect way to kick off the warm October evening -- super delicious and refreshing.
    For apps, we offered 4 different ones to our guests during our cocktail how...which was perfect! Phi's team has a HUGE variety of what they offer -- and everything we sampled was so so good!!
    Lastly, for the food...we decided to have a buffet because we wanted our guests up and mingling as much as possible...and this really helped make that happen. Again, the food -- there is so much to choose from. It is impossible to go wrong. People say "wedding food" never is that great -- but let me tell you...this was amazing!!!
    One thing worth mentioning: We didn't use Phi's bar services because we had a connection elsewhere. However, based on their service throughout the night...I have to imagine their bartending services would be stellar.
    Thanks for a great evening Phi and team!!!

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Staci! I appreciate your kind comments and so glad it all worked out! All of us at Catering Connection work hard and nice to hear we succeed!
    My best
  • Paula

Paula Bottiani · Married on 10/19/2018

"Top Shelf" in every way

I have worked with Catering Connection for 15 plus years; both on personal events and corporate events. They are by far the best group I have had the privilege to work with. They are professional, consistent, honest, generous with portions, but most of all personable. They make the event "yours"!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Victoria Smith · Married on 10/06/2018

The FINEST of people.

In brief, hire this team. Philippe, Ursula, Heather and the rest of the team made magic happen. They worked with our budget, they went back and forth with us to perfect the menu, and they took amazing care of us when on our special day we had a family health issue. They took care of every last detail and then some. We recommend them to the fullest. ~Victoria and Chris

Colleen · Married on 10/06/2018

Fabulous in every way!

I can’t begin to rave highly enough about the fantastic Catering Connection Team!! This amazing company was outstanding in every way! Our daughter and son-in-law got married in October, and thanks in huge part to this phenomenal catering company, their wedding was the most perfect day ever! The professional and caring ways of all of their team members were extraordinary. Philippe was absolutely wonderful! He was by our side every step of the way during the entire planning process. His friendly, kind and very prompt responses to all of my emails and phone calls were so reassuring to us, especially with the many questions I had along the way. Philippe was so great also in helping us stay within our budget, and together with his expertise and our daughter’s and son-in-law’s food choices, he helped us design the most fabulous gourmet appetizers and entrees ever! And he made this so extra special and fun at a food tasting, in which he created a lovely sit-down atmosphere for the Bride and Groom and a few of us family members to enjoy before making our final selections. Philippe and staff went above and beyond also the day before the wedding and also the day of, not only with all of the food and drink set up but also in setting up of chairs and decorating the ballroom dining room tables to perfection! Ursula was absolutely amazing as the woman in charge the day of our wedding! Her professionalism and that of her staff was so outstanding! Ursula had everything running so smoothly time wise with every aspect of our dining and drinking pleasures for the evening! All of our guests loved the food! Everything was so wonderful and tasty and every aspect of the display of the food was beautiful! And the entire serving staff during the reception couldn’t be beat – so super friendly and 100% attentive to all the guests! I cannot even begin to tell you how very grateful we all are for all that the Catering Connection Team did to make our daughter’s and son-in-law’s wedding day celebration the most magical and perfect day of their lives! This wonderful catering company came very highly recommended to us from many sources and we are forever grateful that we were able to have them for our wedding. Thank you so very much again to Ursula and Philippe and all of your wonderful Catering Connection staff!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Catering Connection's reply:

Colleen, thank you for your kind word! It was a true pleasure working with you, Tom, Kat and Cole and we are so glad it all turned out well! It is always a team effort from our staff to the wonderful team of vendors helping us as well! Congrats to Kat and Cole again!

Lindsay · Married on 08/11/2018

Delicious food and kind and courteous staff!

I am so happy I used catering connection for my wedding. I had my reception on a yacht and all my food was passed. Catering connection knocked it out of the park. Our guests loved the food!! I know bride and grooms don’t usually get much food during a wedding but my husband and I both ate so much since it was so good :)

Sent on 11/14/2018

James Nichols · Married on 08/11/2018

Worry-free Event!

We really appreciated Philippe's enthusiasm and "can do" attitude. He was very responsive to all of our requests. Our event went extremely smoothly with no oversight from us.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Cody Reber · Married on 08/11/2018

Wonderful planning, perfect execution, and delicious food!

Ursula and Phi were absolutely amazing; we could not have put together such a perfect wedding experience without Catering Connection. Every detail was handled with professional ease, which pricelessly removed stress and truly highlighted their expertise throughout the process. We couldn't have been happier with the execution and attention to details on our wedding day, and absolutely loved the delicious food - we are still hearing raving reviews from our family and friends months later!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Cody! Both Ursula and I are so glad you and C had a great time! It was a pleasure working with you both in the planning process and for Ursula to be there on your special day!
    Best as always!

Mckenzie Rasmussen · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent experience

The team at Catering Connection were helpful & responsive in the planning stages and the food was awesome.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Jim Kalagher · Married on 06/16/2018

Kalagher Wedding

Catering Connection was amazing. They gave our wedding a 5-Star quality meal on a VERY reasonable budget, and they could not have been more polite or accommodating.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Kathleen · Married on 06/02/2018

Wouldn't change a thing!

Catering Connection made our catering choice easy for our wedding. We provided an idea of what type of food we wanted and Catering Connection nailed it! At our tasting, we didn't change the menu at all! The day of food was delicious, top-notch quality and the arrangement was very beautiful and appeasing. With the day of and reception being a little chaotic, Phi brought us a plate and ensured our families also ate. Overall the first-class service from the food to the care and thoughtfulness, we were very happy with Catering Connections. Our guests are still raving about how amazing our food was and it's all because of Catering Connection. I'd love to work with them again in the future!! Thank you so much Catering Connection and a special thank you to Phi!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Kathleen - We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and will pass it on to our staff, as it is always a team effort!
    My best!

La Ro De · Married on 05/26/2018

Winery Wedding in May

We enjoyed working with Catering Connection very much. Phi was always professional and very responsive. We did have a couple of minor hiccups (and all of my guests ate our cheese before we arrived!), but Catering Connection resolved our issues quickly and very much to our satisfaction. Guests commented how delicious the food was and overall I am thrilled with their service.

Courtney Sagundo · Married on 05/20/2018

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!

Catering Connection was wonderful to work with! They are so creative, an EXCELLENT value and provide EXCELLENT food and EXCELLENT service. Peace of mind has no price tag, and they ensured a perfect day without a second thought or worry.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

Love love love Cating Connection!!!

We used Catering Connection for our wedding reception after having used them several times in the past for holiday parties and other events. As always, they did not disappoint. We've worked with the owner, Ursula, in the past and she is wonderful. This time around our main contact and event manager was Philippe. He is just as amazing. We started the process right around the time of the Thomas Fire and Montecito Mudslide, but despite road closures and utter chaos around us, Philippe made sure that we stayed on track and he even met with us on his day off. He consistently went out of his way to ensure our reception went smoothly. Not only did he plan the menu and manage the event, but he also assisted us with décor, rentals, figuring out a timeline, and helping us with other logistics for the evening. The food was delicious and we received tons of compliments from our guests. We highly recommend Catering Connection. You cannot go wrong with them.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/22/2017

The team at Catering Connection was absolutely amazing. Philippe worked with us on everything from budget to smaller details. He was so helpful in organizing the entire event. I did not have an event coordinator and so having him and Zohe help with executing my special day made everything go off without a hitch! And the FOOD! We wanted a specific style of service and Philippe went out of his way to make it happen, ordering from different rental companies to negotiating with the venue. My guests RAVED about the style, setup, and flavor of the food. We wanted particular apps for the cocktail hour and they went above and beyond with our bacon bar! Thank you to the team at Catering Connection for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Catering Connection's reply:

Thank you Caitlin. We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and so glad it all worked out!
    Best as always!