Catering by Uptown Reviews

Catering by Uptown 5
Catering by Uptown 6
Catering by Uptown 7

Laura · Married on 06/06/2015

Catering by Uptown was an amazing company to work with. They are very helpful, responsive, and I didn't have to worry about 1 single thing on my wedding day. They took care of our every need and made our ceremony and reception so beautiful.

Sent on 06/25/2015

My husband and I had a great experience with Celebrations at the Bay and Uptown Catering.

Celebrations at the Bay is a great alternative to high priced DC venues. We reserved hotel blocks at Annapolis and provided shuttles to and from the venue. It worked out perfectly.

The ballroom is perfect for a small to medium sized wedding. The view, deck for ceremony, and windows in reception ballroom provide a lot of natural beauty, which decrease the need for decorations. And to that point, the venue provides a package service, which includes catering, booze, linens, table settings, pretty gold chairs, the basics for centerpieces, lights and lanterns, and lighting, etc. This package approach was perfect for our 6 month engagement as it consolidated a lot of the decision making process. The venue was also very helpful in keeping us at our budget, although we were flexible in making that happen (chose to get married on a Friday, which worked out great for us!)

They also provide a day of coordinator (mine, Bethany, was awesome!!) and before then are very communicative over email and phone. I never went more than a day or two without a response and I was a very active e-mailer. :)

The day of went perfectly. I had an issue with a late vendor and Bethany took the reigns on dealing with it and moving timing around to make everything work. And some little things I hadn't thought through, she had already thought of and covered or told me what I should do. The catering service and food were also perfect, lots of compliments on both. I never felt like I needed anything.

Overall, I highly recommend this venue and/or catering company, particularly for those wanting a package experience (with plenty of opportunity to customize) at a venue with a lot of natural beauty.

Thank you to Bethany, Celebrations, and Uptown for a great wedding experience!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Catering by Uptown was so Organized! I was a bit worried in the beginning because I wasn't given a direct person to work with. Instead it was a shared mailbox and phone number. This actually made it much better because I got responses to my questions much faster! They group was very organized and they had an extensive file for each wedding with details that were discussed. I felt very comfortable throughout the wedding planning process that they had everything under control and the day of the event went PERFECT! Everything from the food being amazing (I served dual entree with steak and crabcake which made it easy for invitations!). Everything was on time, from the appetizers, to salads, to main course and cake cutting. The Day-of planner kept everything moving through and I didn't have to worry about anything the day of except to have fun! I would recommend using Catering by Uptown and don't be afraid to ask questions to tailor for how you want your day to be/look/feel. They are very accommodating! I couldn't have asked for a better Catering Company who also acted as a wedding planner to ensure everything went smooth! Also, their baker is incredible! I went with their standard cake and had so many compliments!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Catering by Uptown's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words. We're thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us - especially our "team" approach in our planning department. We want to make sure that you've always got someone to connect with however often you need to connect. :-) Best wishes for a fabulous newleywed year!

I had my wedding at the Celebrations at the Bay location. The day was absolutely perfect! Literally, nothing went wrong. If it did, then the venue took care of it without me knowing because everything was great! Mary was my coordinator for the day and she was as nice as she was organized. I really didn't have to do anything but sip on wine, get dressed, and say I do. EVERYTHING WAS HANDLED FLAWLESSLY. I received constant comments about how amazing the crew was and that nothing was left undone and no one needed anything because the staff was ready and available.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/27/2015

I had my wedding reception at Celebrations at the Bay in March in the ballroom and I couldn't be any happier with how the way the day went. it was absolutely flawless. The room itself is gorgeous. It has huge windows that allow for amazing views of the bay. It was a little chilly on our wedding day but our guests still went out on the deck to capture the beauty of the water and the venue.

From the beginning, as soon as my husband and I stepped into the venue we were sold. We booked our date the day after we looked at the venue and from there on out everything went smoothly. We were given a website to help us plan which came in handy many times. The staff was very responsive and didn't leave any questions unanswered. A few weeks before our wedding reception we were put in touch with our coordinator Mary who was so helpful and super friendly. She was organized, fun, and kept us on schedule. The week of the wedding we left Mary with some of our decorations, favors, etc. and she set everything up better than I could have dreamed. When I walked into the room on the wedding day it looked like a fairytale. It was absolutely perfect! Mary made our wedding flawless!

As for the food, hands down the best food I have ever had at a wedding. We had guests during and even days after the wedding telling us how amazing the food was and how much better it was than any other event they had ever been to. Everyone especially loved the lobster bisque martinis. From the appetizers to the cake everything was so delicious. If you want the perfect wedding experience I would highly recommend using Catering by Uptown. You and your guests will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/29/2015

I got married here in March and I couldn't imagine anything more spectacular. I first met with Christina who was simply amazing. She answered all of my questions and even helped me with the design of my wedding. I must of talked to her every other day asking her questions and she was always there with an answer or suggestion. Then I had Karen for my day of coordinator who made sure everything went smooth. She was just so awesome to work with. I give this place 2 thumbs up. We planned a wedding in only 3 months and not once was I stressed with the planning. They have it all very detailed and organized. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Vicki · Married on 03/14/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at Celebrations at the Bay. It was absolutely amazing! We had a few snags with the planning but every time we brought up any issues with Catering by Uptown they immediately addressed and solved the problem with professionalism.

Our guests raved about both the venue (it was beautiful even though the weather forced us indoors) and the service. Everyone we talked to said the wait staff was extremely courtesy and that there was always new hors d'oeuvres coming through. Our guests were stuffed full of appetizers, (DOUBLE) entrees, and so much dessert and cake.

The staff went above and beyond the call of duty. We have to give out a special shout out to our day-of-coordinator (included in price), Mary. Mary was absolutely amazing. We were originally told that the staff would not be able to set up our centerpieces because they had too many parts. But Mary and the rest of the staff set it up with no problem and set-up the decorations even better than I could have hoped or planned for between the ceremony and reception. It allowed our wedding party to spend more time taking pictures instead of setting up. It was such a lifesaver!

I couldn't endorse this venue enough. In the beginning we were unsure about the price, but you really get what you pay for (and it really is all inclusive, no nickel and diming for additional food or linens). The service and quality far exceeded my expectations. They truly made our wedding special and a day that we will always remember.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Jennifer · Married on 12/13/2014

Celebrations at the Bay was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at! As soon as we arrived and saw the location and amenities we were sold! Most people choose this location for an outdoor wedding, but since we got married in December we obviously got married indoors. Our ceremony took place inside the Ballroom with the beautiful water back drop behind us. The cocktail hour was in the smaller ante room while the fabulous staff flipped the ballroom over into our reception area! The staff at Celebrations and Uptown are amazing!! Every single thing on the day of our wedding went perfectly!!
    We worked with several people along the way and they took care of every need and worry we had. I was so nervous with 150 people and 15 tables that it would be too crowded and no one would have room to dance, but I was soo wrong! The ceremony was beautiful, the cocktail hour was simple and elegant, and the reception was to die for. They made my dream come true!! And the food....OUTSTANDING. Every single guest raved about how delicious everything was from the cocktail hour, dinner, cake, and the chocolate fountain! I still can't get over how amazing it all was - I know everyone says their wedding day is the best day of their lives but ours truly was and I'm not sure it can ever be topped (some of our guests even said it was the best day of their lives too!!) and it is a lot in thanks to the amazing people at Celebrations and Uptown!!
    Rachel and Bethany - thank you for making the last few weeks before my wedding stress free and smooth! The rehearsal was perfect and Bethany helped through every step and made sure she knew exactly how we wanted everything! And Rachel - thank you for making my wedding day a dream! You were amazing!! Everything that we requested/needed was done without even asking! You were always there to support us and make sure everything was perfect. I can't thank you enough!!

Celebrations and Uptown are the perfect location/choice for ANY event!!!!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Sondra · Married on 12/06/2014

I just held my Sisters Wedding Reception on Uptown's yacht Chesapeake Charm ( approx 65ppl). The event was fabulous and my coordinator Jen Shaefer was the best. She responded quickly throughout the entire planning stage and assured me that I could relax and just enjoy the event. She was right, I dropped everything off before hand and when I walked in, my vision had come alive and it was beautiful. The food was absolutely delicious, I got great reviews on the bartender and the staff was on point all night. Jen was right there assisting me in anything I had planned during the night. My Sister and New Husband had a night they will always cherish. Thank you Uptown and Jen for an awesome night and to the Captain for a safe tour of the bay!!!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/25/2014

Catering by uptown made our dreams come true! We had an AMAZINGLY beautiful ceremony and reception at celebrations at the bay on a warm fall day, and it was breathtaking! The day turned out to be stunning, and with all of the great hard work from the planning team, it came together PERFECTLY. The planning team is responsive to detail through the planning process, they provide meetings and detailed website to help the bride and groom plan. The day of coordinator reached out the week before the big day and she was so supportive, helpful and I knew she would help make the vision come true! We had a lot of details for the decor, and the team did it perfectly! The food was amazing, and the guests raved about it, our cake from touchet touchet was delicious, fresh and they did a beautiful job with the decor! We couldn't speak more highly of the planning, catering or delivery of the most beautiful wedding ever. Highly recommended :) especially on a lovely fall day!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Thomas · Married on 10/25/2014

Excellent service made for an excellent wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Great value, amazing good, classy service

Sent on 02/27/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2014

I really wish that I could give Uptown more stars! I loved working with them and loved, loved, LOVED the food. We just got back from our honeymoon and we really wish that they were a restaurant and we could go and get dinner from them.

I got in touch with them almost as soon as we got engaged. I was looking at one of their venues, which we ultimately didn't even use. Their staff were so kind, patient, and helpful. They ended up helping us decide where to do our reception (not even at one of their venues). We did our tasting well in advance of our wedding and then couldn't WAIT to eat at our wedding.

It's true that on the day of, you don't have a lot of time to eat and drink. However, we had the amazing Jeff Ditter as our catering coordinator the day of and he was always close by to hand us a drink or to give us a plate of our passed appetizers with our dinner because we just wanted to eat more of them! They were extremely professional and really wonderful the day of. There was plenty of food and the food was beautiful and delicious. We opted to have them do our open bar (even though they are flexible in terms of if you want to buy your own alcohol) and they provide incredible value.

You can get your cake through them and we chose to do that. It was delicious and absolutely beautiful! Again, we want to just go buy a cake and enjoy it at home :)

Uptown knows what they are doing. They know how to do it right and they will provide you with guidance and advice while still making sure to keep your vision. We loved them and want to host parties again just so that we can use them again!

PS. Get the lobster bisque martinis for your cocktail hour. BEST EVER!

Sent on 09/25/2014

DeLisia · Married on 09/07/2014

Catering by Uptown and Celebrations at the Bay were absolutely amazing! The venue, food and service were great, professional and beautiful! They made our day turn out perfectly!

Sent on 09/11/2014
  • Liz

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2014

Our wedding was held at Celebrations on the Bay with Catering by Uptown. The food was AMAZING and our guests still rave about the selection and quality, to this day! The services were just as great as the food... everyone was extremely professional, friendly, accomodating and flexible. Catering by Uptown ensured our wedding day was everything we wanted and more!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Raquel · Married on 08/22/2014

My inquiries were first answered by Jeff and the first sentence in his email to me was “I can’t believe I’m getting so much for this price” and he couldn’t have been more correct. From the moment we contracted with Uptown their attention to detail and personalization was great. I loved how easy they made everything with the setup on their website, it was great. The day of the wedding was no different. When I walked into the reception area and saw how beautiful everything was set up I was in awe. The food tasted as good as the day I had the private tasting. My day of coordinator was there at all times to make sure everything was perfect (and it was). If you’re looking for a caterer who pays attention to detail and wants to ensure you have your dream wedding Catering by Uptown is the way to go.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Angel · Married on 08/01/2014

My coordinator Eileen was the BEST!!!! She was very attentive to me, and every detail of my anniversary party for my parents!!! The food was great. The venue was beautiful, and most of all everyone had a wonderful time. I don't have any complaints!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/04/2014

Our wedding was nothing short if perfect. Thank you so much to everyone that made it be that way!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Wondering, my wedding was amazing. Celebrations at the Bay is an amazing venue with a great few and a wonderful staff. The food a staff are all amazing. They were very accommodating and provided us with anything we asked for and my guests are still talking about them. I will cater with them for anything and everything if I can.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Our planner, Eileen, was great. The wedding was so elegant and the food was outstanding

Sent on 07/07/2014

Celebrations at the Bay was a beautiful place to have our wedding. It was a wonderful experience from the very beginning. Our day or coordinator was wonderful and took care of everything small or large.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Kayla · Married on 05/16/2014

My husband and I found this venue by accident when we were checking out a marina to possibly have an outdoor wedding reception on the water.We thought they were just a catering company so we wandered in on a Sunday with no appointment.Everyone was more than happy to help up and Lindsey gave us a tour of both sides of the venue.I fell in love with the garden / tent side even though the ballroom / deck was also breathtaking.There was something about the little bridal house that really sold me.I could just imagine my girls helping me get ready in there.We sat down and got a price quote which I thought was going to be WAY out of our budget and we were pleasantly surprised.They are definitely not the cheapest place around but for the service that they provide, it is well worth it!! They worked with our budget and we were sold. We didn't sign immediately because we wanted to think about it but soon after we went back to set a date. When we arrived, they greeted us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Once they gave us the contract they also gave us a lobster bisque martini. We took one bite and asked for a pen!! Immediately we were set up with a planning website that had EVERYTHING that needed to be done and a suggested date for it to be completed. This was SOOOOOO helpful. We went to a tasting and fell in love with the food and don't even get me started on the cake!! We went with the lemon cake which I would definitely recommend.The cake is included and we spent the extra 100 dollars to add icing flowers and a few decorations. Well worth it.It came out beautiful!On the day of, they allowed me and my girls to arrive 1 and a half hours early to get my dress on and take pictures.We were greeted with champagne with strawberries in it and bottles water.As my guests started arriving, they were greeted with fruit water and escorted to the beautiful garden.Tiffany and Jennifer made everything go so smoothly and everything was absolutely PERFECT!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Laurie · Married on 05/09/2014

I had my ceremony and reception at the Anchor Inn in Pasadena, MD. It was a beautiful location for 60 guests. The entire wedding went off without a hitch. Catering by Uptown provided everything I could have asked for, the entire process was so easy. It really allowed me to enjoy my wedding without worrying about the details.

The food was incredible. Mostly all of the guests I was able to speak with raved about all of the food. People are still talking about the food days later!

I would recommend the Anchor Inn to anyone with a smaller crowd, the venue was perfect. It is a beautiful location and the décor of the building alone was beautiful with the lighting they provided.

If your looking for a venue on the water, this is the place!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Dede · Married on 05/04/2014

From soup to nuts, they have you covered. We chose their Celebrations on the Bay Venue in Pasadena. Not only is on the water and beautiful..but we also did luck out with the weather. The food was plentiful, beautifully presented, and very good. This organization has all the details down to the wire. They are professional and very easy to work with. We were very pleased with our end result. We also had a few guests that were newly engaged, who are also going to contact this venue...they were very impressed!!! Thanks for the great job!!! Dede

Sent on 05/08/2014

Elena · Married on 05/02/2014

I used Catering by Uptown for catering for my wedding and cannot say enough good things about them. Our experience started with Lauren, who we met while looking at one of Catering by Uptown's venues. Lauren could tell that we were unsure about our venue choices. She recommended Walters Art Museum based on what she heard from us about what we were looking for. She hit the nail on the head! We fell in love with the Walters at first site. Lauren led us through the menu process and even accommodated our request for silver chairs with pink cushions to match our colors.
    The great service continued with Mary, who we met at our tasting. She walked us through every detail from plate style to linen colors to exact menu choices. She was very responsive to my several questions between the tasting and the actual wedding.
    We met our day of coordinator, Jeff, when we did the walk through at the Walters. Again, we felt like we were his only clients. Our wedding day could not have gone any smoother. Jeff and his staff provided excellent service and food. We had a dual entree of filet and crab cake, but Catering by Uptown accommodated our guests with dietary restrictions with no questions asked. They even provided gluten free meals. Our guests are still commenting about the amazing food and its presentation.
    We would use Catering by Uptown again in a heartbeat! Exceptional food and service!

Sent on 05/17/2014