Catering by Uptown Reviews

Catering by Uptown 7
  • Jen

Jennifer Bogart · Getting married on 10/04/2020

Amazing Service

Planning a wedding is stressful especially on a budget but they made everything simple and worked with our budget to get the venue I wanted. Also they include everything expect DJ, Photographer, and Flowers. Now that I have a date set I can move forward with the extras.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Erin

Erin Mahoney · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Anne was amazing!

We scheduled a tour of Anchor Inn and Celebrations at the Bay, and Anne was the staff person assigned to us. She was so helpful and answered every question I had. She spoke to me like a friend rather than a sales person which I really appreciated. The company is very helpful and responded quickly to every message. Great value and great price!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • LaTasha

Latasha Dorsey · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Amazing Venue

Catering by Uptown and their staff made sure our day was extra special. From the planning process to our ceremony, the food and venue was wonderful. If you are in need of the water front wedding, please reach out to our friends at Catering by Uptown.

Thanks again

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Irvin · Married on 10/04/2019

Professional and affordable

Great services in an affordable, all inclusive package.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2019

Love Uptown! They are amazing!

Our wedding with Uptown could not have been more magical. All of our guests were blown away by how beautiful the venue and location was, they loved the food, and we were so grateful for the great staff. They even went dumpster diving to find my husband's glasses when they were accidentally thrown away and found them! We were so happy with everything and would recommend them in a heartbeat! They gave us a perfect wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Hopkins · Married on 09/15/2019

Celebrations at the Bay, The Knollview House

We planned our wedding within a 3 month period of time and Anne and Shonda made it such an easy and stress free process. They were always available and responded quickly to all of our questions. They made our day so special! From their availability, decorating, professionalism, staff and most importantly the food they by far get an A+ and 5 Star rating in our book!!! We couldn't have been more happy about how our special day turned out! Thanks to Anne, Shonda and staff for outstanding work!!! We couldn't have done this without you!!!
    Ken and Ashley Hopkins

Sent on 09/19/2019
    Catering by Uptown 8
    Catering by Uptown 9
  • Areole

Areole Hamilton · Married on 09/08/2019

Wonderful experience!

Finding catering by uptown was a true blessing every thing came out perfectly. Our coordinator Messi was so helpful I couldn’t have done it without them.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Evette

Evette Aponte · Married on 09/08/2019

Beautiful venue

They went above and beyond my expectations!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Sharla

Sharla · Married on 09/07/2019

Great service

Catering By Uptown was great to work with. Olivia was my planner and Haley was my day of person. They were both so kind and responsive. They were very flexible and they executed my vision perfectly.
    I was nervous about my planning appointment and trying to pick out my menu, china, table clothes, timeline, etc all within a couple hours. It was great! Olivia left me feeling so calm and confident in my choices. I had a lot of questions and changes after this and Olivia always was so nice about it.
    I met Haley for a drop off appointment and we went through everything in detail. She set-up everything perfectly. It was seriously beautiful! The food and cake was also amazing!
    My only complaint is I was told I would have two bartenders but I only had one. It turned out to not be an issue. The bartender I did have was so quick and nice. We had maple old fashions as our signature drink and they were incredible!
    I would 100% recommend them!

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Catering by Uptown 10
    Catering by Uptown 11
    Catering by Uptown 12

Laura Ann Abel · Married on 08/18/2019

Wonderful and magical

Food was excellent staff was tentative and polite Tracy worked my wedding and she is just overall amazing wish we had faded more time on we didn’t want the night to end ! That’s the only thing I would change is have the packages go a little longer. They do offer for you to add it and we should have venue is gorgeous right over the water they made my special day perfect

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • NAKIA

NAKIA · Married on 08/15/2019

Don't underestimate the Villa

We did our August 15th wedding at The Villa. The food was amazing! The staff from planning to day of were great. My guests loved the bartender! Lol. We picked this venue for the value...bar, food, space, linens, glassware, some decorations, china, chairs (yes, some venues do NOT include tables and chairs) all packaged in one reasonable price. The location was perfect for all of our out of town guests. Right off of 95. 30 minutes to the airport.
    Do not sleep on this gem! It is truly a great experience and our day of coordinator was BOMB!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Oneida

Oneida Oscar · Married on 08/04/2019

Wedding was everything I imagined!

Stress Free planning! Everything from planning to food to venue was Perfect!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Catering by Uptown 13
    Catering by Uptown 14
    Catering by Uptown 15
  • Abbey

Abbey Neuberger · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Venue Ever!!

Celebrations made my wedding day a dream come true. When we went to tour the venue, Anne was so friendly and answered all of our questions. We were sold and booked that day!! She also continued to keep in touch with us and even came by on our wedding day. She is top notch!! Our planning coordinator Olivia was amazing. She took care of everything!! She made my life as the bride so much easier. We would email back and forth multiple times a day and she would always make it her mission to make me happy. Our day of coordinator Aimee was also amazing!! She kept everything right on schedule and was everywhere!! She always made sure we had drinks in hand and were taken care of. She knew exactly what needed to be done and made sure everyone was happy and taken care of! The venue is gorgeous and the food is AMAZING. Our guests are still talking about the delicious food. Thank you Anne, Olivia and Aimee, and all the staff at Celebrations for making our day so perfect!!!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Catering by Uptown 21
    Catering by Uptown 22
  • Krystal

Krystal Hart · Married on 07/27/2019

I wouldn't change my wedding day for the world!

Whtas can I say other than THEY MADE MY WEDDING DAY AMAZING! We have not one complaint! Our guests are STILL talking about the food. The staff was amazing and the bartender didnt disappoint our guests! Our Day of coordinator Lauren exceeded our expectations so well that we personally requested her to be there in our wedding day. Anne made it all happen at a reasonable price so we have NOTHING but good things to say! You wont be disappointed

Sent on 08/14/2019
    Catering by Uptown 23
    Catering by Uptown 24
    Catering by Uptown 25
    Catering by Uptown 26
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Price · Married on 06/13/2019

Bay Front club- incredible!!!!

We got married at the Bay front club in Edgemere, MD 6/13/19. Everything from start to finish was perfect.... we booked a little over a year ago with Anne who was absolutely wonderful! The wedding planning website was so easy to use and a lot of fun too. The FOOD ... omg the food :) it was amazing, everyone kept telling us how delicious everything was and cooked / seasoned perfect! Our cake was beautiful & extremely good also. My guest that don’t really care for cake even said it was one of the best cakes they’ve had! Madison was our day of supervisor / coordinator and I seriously can’t thank her enough! She dealt with all my crazy questions the week of the wedding and never missed a beat and was such a sweetheart from day 1! Everything that day ran so smoothly- all thanks to her! I seriously wouldn’t change a thing if I could... so glad I chose uptown catering & Bayfront club for our special day! Thanks to the whole team!!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Catering by Uptown 33
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Service

I got married at the historic Waverly mansion in Marriottsville, MD. Uptown did a great job getting everything set up for the ceremony and reception. Our day of coordinator Vicki was a rockstar! She kept us on our timeline and made sure everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Catering by Uptown 34
    Catering by Uptown 35
    Catering by Uptown 36

Robert Wiggington · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing experience

Catering by uptown made my wedding go flawlessly, we had a slight delay when traffic was holding up I’m number of my family members but Amy came right in and made everything OK push back the ceremony Family could be there in at the end of the day we honestly did not lose any time for anything we made up the time but we made sure that the family was still there to witness everything if I had to do it all again I would definitely choose catering by uptown also the location in celebrations at the Bay was absolutely gorgeous with the tent in the view that we had. Family could be there in at the end of the day we honestly did not lose any time for anything we made up the time but we made sure that the family was still there to witness everything if I had to do it all again I would definitely choose catering by uptown also the location in celebrations at the Bay was absolutely gorgeous with the tent in the view that we had The staff was the most amazing They were all always friendly and ready to help and serve never once did we have one problem which is what I was hoping for no problems in and made the wedding day go a lot smoother! I totally recommend this company 1000% and anyone that is looking for an amazing wedding planner please look at Amy! Cassidy was one of my wedding planners as well she made sure that everything went through all this before the day of the wedding and for that I could not thank her enough even though I kept emailing her and calling her for more stuff to be added or to be corrected! Anne Portell was amazing to as she helped me with a few items as well! Totally a great company to be around!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Catering by Uptown 37
    Catering by Uptown 38
    Catering by Uptown 39
    Catering by Uptown 40
    Catering by Uptown 41

Christina Beauzile · Married on 03/02/2019

Incredible Vendor!

My husband and I were extremely please working with Catering by Uptown. We had a small wedding, so we celebrated at the Knollview House location off the water. It was so beautiful. Everyone had a great time. People loved the food. They handled everything! They were very professional and accommodating. It was also a great value for all that they do! We would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Dawn84

Dawnita · Married on 11/30/2018

Best Wedding Ever!

Jeff and Olivia made the pre-process extremely easy to complete.

I absolutely LOVED our day-of coordinator Brittany! She was a pure joy to work with. She was fun, attentive, and professional. All of my bridal party adored her and my guests felt the day went without a hitch. She made sure the staff was ready for us and my vendors. Brittany also was super wonderful with our almost 5yr old daughter/flower girl. She made her feel like a princess and that definitely helped keep the day running smooth. As soon as I met with her face to face, I knew we would be in good hands and she did not disappoint. If possible, she needs a raise because she is just that good! She even was able to help me solve some last minute issues with her original ideas. I just don't know how this day would have worked out without her. Also, I appreciate her assistant, Lauren, who was hard at work as well. I didn't spend as much time with her, but she was floating along with the plans perfectly.

Our guests are still raving about the food, beverages, and service. They said that the day went so smooth and they felt like all of their needs were met. We had a few surprise meal adjustments, and those guests said they were amazed at how quickly the staff responded. Both my husband and I were catered to with first-class service. At our sweetheart table, we were given much attention by the staff when it came to our food and drink choices. They made us feel like royalty and I am ever thankful.

My DIY decorations looked wonderful under the lighting of the space (we went with a dim white light and then changed to red when the party really started -- an awesome suggestion by Brittany). Everything was glowing and perfect when I saw the room.

If I had to, I would choose this venue all over again!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Madison

Madison Allen · Married on 11/10/2018

Infinity and Beyond

No words can describe the experience I had when working with Celebrations at the Bay to plan my wedding. By the end of the journey, they became family. They are beyond helpful, responsive, creative and so hardworking to ensure your day is perfect. No question whatsoever than to use Catering By Uptown. Special shoutout to Anne and Tracy, I highly recommend the two wonderful ladies!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 10/13/2018

October wedding

We had our wedding there in October. There were a few hiccups, but the staff was very helpful in resolving our concerns. The staff the day-of was attentive and quick to respond to our changing needs as the weather turned from okay to terrible. I'd happily recommend Catering by Uptown to my friends and family, especially after having a chance to work directly with Rob of the management staff. Thanks to everyone who was involved in our event, especially Rob, for your dedication to the standards of excellence that your company upholds.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/07/2018

Loved My Wedding at The Bayfront Club!

Working with everyone from Catering by Uptown was fantastic. From initially booking the venue, (The Bayfront Club, to the planning day, to the actual event was great. Catering by Uptown REALLY makes the process easy and as stress free as possible. Any questions I had were instantly answered by the planning staff. It was very comforting knowing they were only an email or phone call away. I loved that everything was included. The food was amazing! All of my guests and other vendors talked about how awesome the crab cakes were and how delicious the cake was. The wait staff and bartender were also great. Overall, I would highly recommend Catering by Uptown for weddings, or any event.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Detr

Detr Smith-Sykes · Married on 10/06/2018

Great!!! I had a wonderful experience w/ The Villa, Catering by Uptown,

Great!!! I had a wonderful experience w/ The Villa, Catering by Uptown. The team was extremely helpful in their presence, calls, emails, and their interactions with me. I was able to sit down with the group a total of three times (total) to try the food selection in which I changed when the wedding date was changed to the following day. I am delighted and grateful the I chose Catering by Uptown. Olivia was awesome and her professionalism was out of this world. I could not ask for any one else. Olivia not only helped us though out the process but she was able to help us on the schedule wedding day which was perfect because she knew every fine detail. It was extremely beautiful and everything was great!!!! Thank you so much to Olivia, The Villa and Catering by Uptown 😊😊😊

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Catering by Uptown 42
    Catering by Uptown 43
    Catering by Uptown 44
    Catering by Uptown 45
  • Mastarin

Mastarin · Married on 10/06/2018

Rob & Mas October wedding

We got married at the Celebrations at the Bay in October. We had so many ups and downs and difficulties throughout the entire process with Catering by Uptown but they always tried to make sure to figure things out and make sure everything was taken care of. To be honest we were so terrified of things not turning out well because we hadn't read good reviews and our personal experiences adding to it didn't help either but we both loved the venue and decided to take the risk. We're definitely glad that we did. It wasn't an easy process but every member of catering by uptown that assisted us were all so helpful and accommodating. Everything turned out amazing and the day was absolutely beautiful. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the fact that they have so many different people handling each wedding. I feel like it should just be 1 person from beginning to end because it's stressful for a bride to have worked with 1 person thru the whole process and then have someone else being your day of coordinator. Other than that I would definitely recommend to anyone thinking about using them. The food was great, all the staff were professional.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Jessie · Married on 09/29/2018

Catering by Uptwon

The food was beyond phenomenal, the cake was out of this world and everything was delicious. They were super helpful in accommodating my guests with food allergies/diet restrictions. I do not have enough good things to say about Catering by Uptown!

Sent on 10/21/2018