Catering by Uptown Reviews

Catering by Uptown 7
  • Erin

Erin Mahoney · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Anne was amazing!

We scheduled a tour of Anchor Inn and Celebrations at the Bay, and Anne was the staff person assigned to us. She was so helpful and answered every question I had. She spoke to me like a friend rather than a sales person which I really appreciated. The company is very helpful and responded quickly to every message. Great value and great price!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Irvin · Getting married on 10/04/2019

Professional and affordable

Great services in an affordable, all inclusive package.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Sharla

Sharla · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Great service

Catering By Uptown was great to work with. Olivia was my planner and Haley was my day of person. They were both so kind and responsive. They were very flexible and they executed my vision perfectly.
    I was nervous about my planning appointment and trying to pick out my menu, china, table clothes, timeline, etc all within a couple hours. It was great! Olivia left me feeling so calm and confident in my choices. I had a lot of questions and changes after this and Olivia always was so nice about it.
    I met Haley for a drop off appointment and we went through everything in detail. She set-up everything perfectly. It was seriously beautiful! The food and cake was also amazing!
    My only complaint is I was told I would have two bartenders but I only had one. It turned out to not be an issue. The bartender I did have was so quick and nice. We had maple old fashions as our signature drink and they were incredible!
    I would 100% recommend them!

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Catering by Uptown 15
    Catering by Uptown 16
    Catering by Uptown 17
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Service

I got married at the historic Waverly mansion in Marriottsville, MD. Uptown did a great job getting everything set up for the ceremony and reception. Our day of coordinator Vicki was a rockstar! She kept us on our timeline and made sure everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Catering by Uptown 18
    Catering by Uptown 19
    Catering by Uptown 20

Robert Wiggington · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing experience

Catering by uptown made my wedding go flawlessly, we had a slight delay when traffic was holding up I’m number of my family members but Amy came right in and made everything OK push back the ceremony Family could be there in at the end of the day we honestly did not lose any time for anything we made up the time but we made sure that the family was still there to witness everything if I had to do it all again I would definitely choose catering by uptown also the location in celebrations at the Bay was absolutely gorgeous with the tent in the view that we had. Family could be there in at the end of the day we honestly did not lose any time for anything we made up the time but we made sure that the family was still there to witness everything if I had to do it all again I would definitely choose catering by uptown also the location in celebrations at the Bay was absolutely gorgeous with the tent in the view that we had The staff was the most amazing They were all always friendly and ready to help and serve never once did we have one problem which is what I was hoping for no problems in and made the wedding day go a lot smoother! I totally recommend this company 1000% and anyone that is looking for an amazing wedding planner please look at Amy! Cassidy was one of my wedding planners as well she made sure that everything went through all this before the day of the wedding and for that I could not thank her enough even though I kept emailing her and calling her for more stuff to be added or to be corrected! Anne Portell was amazing to as she helped me with a few items as well! Totally a great company to be around!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Catering by Uptown 21
    Catering by Uptown 22
    Catering by Uptown 23
    Catering by Uptown 24
    Catering by Uptown 25

Christina Beauzile · Married on 03/02/2019

Incredible Vendor!

My husband and I were extremely please working with Catering by Uptown. We had a small wedding, so we celebrated at the Knollview House location off the water. It was so beautiful. Everyone had a great time. People loved the food. They handled everything! They were very professional and accommodating. It was also a great value for all that they do! We would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Dawn84

Dawnita · Married on 11/30/2018

Best Wedding Ever!

Jeff and Olivia made the pre-process extremely easy to complete.

I absolutely LOVED our day-of coordinator Brittany! She was a pure joy to work with. She was fun, attentive, and professional. All of my bridal party adored her and my guests felt the day went without a hitch. She made sure the staff was ready for us and my vendors. Brittany also was super wonderful with our almost 5yr old daughter/flower girl. She made her feel like a princess and that definitely helped keep the day running smooth. As soon as I met with her face to face, I knew we would be in good hands and she did not disappoint. If possible, she needs a raise because she is just that good! She even was able to help me solve some last minute issues with her original ideas. I just don't know how this day would have worked out without her. Also, I appreciate her assistant, Lauren, who was hard at work as well. I didn't spend as much time with her, but she was floating along with the plans perfectly.

Our guests are still raving about the food, beverages, and service. They said that the day went so smooth and they felt like all of their needs were met. We had a few surprise meal adjustments, and those guests said they were amazed at how quickly the staff responded. Both my husband and I were catered to with first-class service. At our sweetheart table, we were given much attention by the staff when it came to our food and drink choices. They made us feel like royalty and I am ever thankful.

My DIY decorations looked wonderful under the lighting of the space (we went with a dim white light and then changed to red when the party really started -- an awesome suggestion by Brittany). Everything was glowing and perfect when I saw the room.

If I had to, I would choose this venue all over again!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Madison

Madison Allen · Married on 11/10/2018

Infinity and Beyond

No words can describe the experience I had when working with Celebrations at the Bay to plan my wedding. By the end of the journey, they became family. They are beyond helpful, responsive, creative and so hardworking to ensure your day is perfect. No question whatsoever than to use Catering By Uptown. Special shoutout to Anne and Tracy, I highly recommend the two wonderful ladies!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 10/13/2018

October wedding

We had our wedding there in October. There were a few hiccups, but the staff was very helpful in resolving our concerns. The staff the day-of was attentive and quick to respond to our changing needs as the weather turned from okay to terrible. I'd happily recommend Catering by Uptown to my friends and family, especially after having a chance to work directly with Rob of the management staff. Thanks to everyone who was involved in our event, especially Rob, for your dedication to the standards of excellence that your company upholds.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/07/2018

Loved My Wedding at The Bayfront Club!

Working with everyone from Catering by Uptown was fantastic. From initially booking the venue, (The Bayfront Club, to the planning day, to the actual event was great. Catering by Uptown REALLY makes the process easy and as stress free as possible. Any questions I had were instantly answered by the planning staff. It was very comforting knowing they were only an email or phone call away. I loved that everything was included. The food was amazing! All of my guests and other vendors talked about how awesome the crab cakes were and how delicious the cake was. The wait staff and bartender were also great. Overall, I would highly recommend Catering by Uptown for weddings, or any event.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Detr

Detr Smith-Sykes · Married on 10/06/2018

Great!!! I had a wonderful experience w/ The Villa, Catering by Uptown,

Great!!! I had a wonderful experience w/ The Villa, Catering by Uptown. The team was extremely helpful in their presence, calls, emails, and their interactions with me. I was able to sit down with the group a total of three times (total) to try the food selection in which I changed when the wedding date was changed to the following day. I am delighted and grateful the I chose Catering by Uptown. Olivia was awesome and her professionalism was out of this world. I could not ask for any one else. Olivia not only helped us though out the process but she was able to help us on the schedule wedding day which was perfect because she knew every fine detail. It was extremely beautiful and everything was great!!!! Thank you so much to Olivia, The Villa and Catering by Uptown 😊😊😊

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Catering by Uptown 26
    Catering by Uptown 27
    Catering by Uptown 28
    Catering by Uptown 29
  • Mastarin

Mastarin · Married on 10/06/2018

Rob & Mas October wedding

We got married at the Celebrations at the Bay in October. We had so many ups and downs and difficulties throughout the entire process with Catering by Uptown but they always tried to make sure to figure things out and make sure everything was taken care of. To be honest we were so terrified of things not turning out well because we hadn't read good reviews and our personal experiences adding to it didn't help either but we both loved the venue and decided to take the risk. We're definitely glad that we did. It wasn't an easy process but every member of catering by uptown that assisted us were all so helpful and accommodating. Everything turned out amazing and the day was absolutely beautiful. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the fact that they have so many different people handling each wedding. I feel like it should just be 1 person from beginning to end because it's stressful for a bride to have worked with 1 person thru the whole process and then have someone else being your day of coordinator. Other than that I would definitely recommend to anyone thinking about using them. The food was great, all the staff were professional.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Jessie · Married on 09/29/2018

Catering by Uptwon

The food was beyond phenomenal, the cake was out of this world and everything was delicious. They were super helpful in accommodating my guests with food allergies/diet restrictions. I do not have enough good things to say about Catering by Uptown!

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Lori

Lori S · Married on 09/21/2018

Loved them!

We initially worked with Anne for the initial sale and then worked with Tracy to execute the party. Both were outstanding. They were incredibly responsive, cheerful, knowledgeable, and accommodating. For wedding day stress, it was wonderful to have Tracy as the day-of coordinator/maitre’d. She knows her stuff! The food was plentiful, tasty, and beautifully plated. Not an easy feat with an off site kitchen!

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Catering by Uptown 30
    Catering by Uptown 31
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Kline · Married on 09/15/2018

Catering by Uptown Saved the Day!

Catering by Uptown swooped in to save the day when my wedding venue cancelled four days before my wedding due to Hurricane Florence. Cassidy helped me pick out all the details and Olivia made sure the day of coordination went off without a hitch despite only meeting with me once. All my guests said that if they hadn't known I'd had to change the venue last minute they would not have been able to tell! I got married at the Bayfront Club which is a beautiful waterfront location and have some amazing pictures. Catering by Uptown saved my wedding and I'm so thankful for their flexibility and professionalism which allowed me to have the wedding I had imagined.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Maira · Married on 09/07/2018

My wedding was this past Friday, my day of coordinator Kathy was exceptional!!!! I could talk about her efficiency, calm demeanor and friendliness all day. I’ve never seen someone so organized, quick to think, just amazing. I was honestly very nervous especially after some mishaps but Kathy really helped me stay calm.. I loved the place, the service, the food is amazing. Chef Ricardo is truly gifted, his food is always delicious. The villa offers a whole package, if you are looking for a nice wedding with an elegant place, great food and amazing planners please visit The Villa, you won’t regret it! My husband and I will forever be grateful! We shall share pictures as soon as we receive them.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Steven · Married on 08/24/2018

and it was catered by uptown. The place was amazing and the team asigned to us was absolutely stellar. I truly didn't think we would find a similar place once our youngest daughter decided to wed.

We live in Sparrows Point, Maryland and we were beyond words when we heard that the same folks had a similar place, ON THE WATER, literally 2 miles from our house. On August 24th, 2018, our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception went so smooth thanks to Uptown and our coordinator that the wife and I had goosebumps and tears of joy all night. The catering staff was so attentive to our every need and the coordinator Eileen and her assistant treated the entire immediate family like we were royalty. The place was so beautiful and although the interior of the building was perfect, we couldn't keep our guest indoors because the grounds and pier were breathtaking. There is TONS AND TONS of parking so no need to carpool to this venue. We packed the building and grounds and the parking lot was about half full, amazing.

When finding this little piece of heaven, do not use your GPS, either use the directions provided by their coordinator or just take North Point road, make a right on Lodge Farm and follow that to the end (Their Parking Lot).

I would highly, highly recommend this venue to any one that wants a beautiful wedding on the water and wants to be dazzled all night. If you now nautical navigation like I do, if you stand on the pier and look out across the water just beyond Fort Howard Veterans park, you can see Celebrations at the bay venue. This place is as beautiful at night as it is during the day.

I really want to thank them for the lifelong memories
    The Goodman's

Sent on 09/01/2018

Christopher · Married on 08/11/2018

Catering by Uptown is the best catering service I have used. They were very professional, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. I will definitely use them for any other events I have. My wedding was a great success due to the service we received. Our day of coordinator TISHA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

TANYA · Married on 08/10/2018

On August 10, 2018, my daughter's wedding took place at Newton White Mansion, Bowie, MD. Uptown was the catering service and we were assigned Brittany as our Day of Coordinator. Brittany and her team were fabulous. Words cannot describe how professional there were and Brittany made sure that all of our needs were met from the beginning to the end of the evening. I also sent Brittany a picture of how I wanted the cake decorated and when I tell you it was the most beautiful design ever. The next day so many of our guess texted, called and on social media stated how elegant and amazing the wedding was. Uptown …..the Emmy goes to BRITTANY for BEST DAY OF COORDINATOR. I would definitely use Uptown again hands down. Well done Brittany well done!!!!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Meredith · Married on 07/21/2018

The food was excellent!! Even the usual finicky folks in the crowd ate well. They also made us feel so special with beautiful linens, tables, chairs and excellent customer service. The process and the access to a website showing us important stuff helped both my husband and I work together to create something memorable for our family. We look forward to working with them again...

Sent on 07/22/2018

Mary · Married on 07/01/2018

Our daughter just got married this past Sunday 7/1/18. It was absolutely perfect in every way!!!!! We met our "day of coordinator" Brittany on Thursday and from that moment on we worried about absolutely NOTHING!!!!! There were several issues we hadn't thought about and much to be done, and yet none of it was done by us. Brittany was professional, efficient, always positive, and our questions were always answered with a YES we can get that done. I have never worked with anyone whom I felt more confident in and knew without a doubt everything would be exceptional.

She met us early on the day of the wedding and never stopped for a second. Having never hosted a wedding we were clueless and she seamlessly got us in the right places all evening and really just took charge and made the day simply outstanding. There is not one single thing I would have changed and all evening we got compliments about the food, the venue, the employees, and especially that woman (Brittany) who is amazing.

Catering by Uptown owned the venue and provided everything from soup to nuts. The Bayfront Club was a beautiful venue and well worth the price. We visited a number of different places and they were by far the best bang for the buck. Everyone we dealt with was good but Brittany was exceptional!

Not one single regret from either family and only wonderful things to say about the whole evening.

Thank You Uptown and Thank You Brittany

The Hartman Family

Sent on 07/07/2018
    Catering by Uptown 32
    Catering by Uptown 33

Kerry · Married on 06/29/2018

We had a great experience with Catering by Uptown at the Bayfront Club! We got a lot of compliments on the food and location. Brittany was an amazing day of coordinator and made sure everything went smoothly on our special day. Everything went exactly as planned down to the last detail. We highly recommend CBU!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2018

I can’t thank Uptown enough for such a perfect wedding day. Planning with them was a breeze!!! You have one meeting to plan and taste test. Then one close to wedding day to drop off supplies and all the go over all the details. I had Aimee as my day of coordinator and she was amazing!!!! She really knows what she’s doing and won’t let you down. When we met her to drop off all of our decorations I just showed her what I had and told her what my vison was and she made it happen. She even made sure we were getting served our favorite drinks and hors d'oeuvres while we were taking pictures. Everything looked amazing! The cake was beautiful and delicious! Everyone loved all the food and the drinks were flowing and tasted great. Wedding day was perfect and I didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 08/13/2018
    Catering by Uptown 34

Jackie · Married on 06/02/2018

We had the most phenomenal experience with Catering by Uptown. You would not believe it. Marissa treated us like we were her family. From the very beginning until the very end - she made certain that we had exactly what we needed. She stayed throughout the whole reception and checked to see if we were completely satisfied at all times. It was unbelievable. The filet mignon was outstanding. You did not need a knife. The appetizers were to die for. On the day of our event, Maryland had record rainfall - and our venue (Celebrations) was on the bay. It rained all day - but, this did not prevent us from enjoying our reception. The view was absolutely gorgeous. In fact the rain almost made you feel like you were on a cruise ship watching the storm. Every single one of our guests (approximately 130 people) raved about the service; the venue; the food. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this experience was for us. Anne Portell, the Account Exec for Catering by Uptown - was the first person we met with. She graciously showed us all of the possible venues we could use. She was patient, kind and answered all of our questions. We immediately signed the contract by the end of the day. I would recommend Catering by Uptown and Celebrations at The Bay. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Sent on 07/25/2018