Catering By Tara Reviews

114 | Charlotte, NC

114 Reviews for Catering By Tara

Jill · Married on 11/23/2019

Phenominal!

We hired Chef Tara to cater a client event for us. The food, the service, and total experience was excellent! We would definitely recommend Chef Tara!

Catering By Tara's reply:

Jill we so look forward to working with you again! You are wonderful! I hope they know how hard you work Maam! I hope you enjoyed your box of chocolate covered strawberries! We will see you out there! Thank you for our awesome review! Chef Tara

Abbie McDonald · Married on 04/13/2019

Excellent Experience with Catering By Tara

Chef Tara and her crew are amazing! My family has used her for several wedding rehearsal dinners/receptions and each time they do an excellent job. She is always prepared and helps decrease the stress of the wedding day. She made sure that we always had something to eat and drink. We could not have asked for a better crew to cater our wedding and will definitely be using her in the future for any big events!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

I adore your family! I am elated you always call us to serve and cater for you. Your wedding was beautiful! I am so happy for you both! Many thanks to you! Blessings to you always!
  • Neisha

Neisha · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing Service!!!

Chef Tara and her team were amazing and she brings so much energy to the space. She made sure we ate, she made sure my wife received a meal without the sauce because she does not like tomatoes and she took wonderful pictures of our day!! She was amazing to work with extremely flexible with us throughout the planning process. They cute and passed out the cake, passed out food during cocktail hour I mean they went above and beyond!!! They were constantly checking on us to make sure we are alright it was GREAT!!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much! We LOVED catering for you and Shonice! We are still telling everyone how gorgeous your wedding was! It was an honor to cater and serve for you! Lucky us to be part of your most important day! May the Love that filled the room follow you, be with you and grow for you Ladies for the rest of your days.. We will see you out there! Anything for you both! Much love and blessings always!
  • Bailey

Bailey Zobel · Married on 03/23/2019

Dinner Party

Tara cooked for us for my mom’s birthday and the experience could not have been any better. The planning and brainstorming process was simple and the whole night went flawlessly. Tara was professional, personable and the food was delicious. It made for a very special event!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thanks so much for our review! I would cook for your family anytime! Wonderful folks! I especially enjoyed talking to your son he is super smart! I look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you! Hello to MOM for us!

Carrie Taft · Married on 02/21/2019

Chef Tara & Team are the Best!

Chef Tara and her staff did an amazing job at our launch performance! She helped us stay in budget while also providing a beautiful presentation. Our guests were blown away!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thanks you Mrs Taft! Your Showcase was amazing! We were privileged to hear your A'cappella Group as we worked. What a treat! So much talent! We are here if you ever need anything it would be a joy to work for you again!

Minna Elliott · Married on 01/12/2019

Great experience

Tara was easy to work with and a lot of fun. The food was delicious and there was lots of it. It was a great experience.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much Ms. Minna! We appreciate your business but really are so grateful to have met you all! We would love to work with you all again anytime you need us! Happy New Year Ma'am!
  • Hannah

Hannah R Bendfeldt · Married on 12/29/2018

Absolutely incredible!

Top quality service and food! Tara stood out from the other caterers because of her clear dedication, passion, and thoughtfulness. We didn't even do a tasting and everything came just how we wanted it-- AMAZING! Amazing mashed potato bar, amazing carving, amazing charcuterie and bread bar, amazing salad, and AMAZING CHEESECAKE! Plus the hot cocoa bar they added as a touch of Christmas! I would recommend Tara for any special occasion!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

Oh Hannah! You are a Gorgeous Bride! I am so excited for you! What a beautiful family you have and you husband is a Doll! Thank you so much for the honor of catering for your special day! We had so much fun on this one! 206 mini cheesecakes! lol No problem! We hope to cook for you agin some day. Many thanks and blessings to you and Zach!
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 12/29/2018

December Wedding Reception

Tara and her staff did a wonderful job for my daughter's wedding last weekend. She is very responsive to emails, is very personable and gives honest feedback. Her food was delicious and plentiful. She has a wide range of menus and items for any taste. People raved about her chai and hot chocolate, bread, ham, turkey and herbed mayonnaise as well as her cheesecakes. We are so glad that our daughter chose cheesecake over wedding cake. The cheesecake was absolutely spectacular! I would definitely recommend Chef Tara!

Mrs Bendfeldt,
    I seriously will miss chatting with you! Keep in touch! Your love for your daughter really shows! You get Mom of the year for us! Thanks for our wonderful review! I really from the bottom of my heart appreciate it! We have much Bendfeldt love! I hope we "run into" you soon! Our pleasure working with you both!

Vikki Rivera · Married on 12/15/2018

My experience was great 👍🏽

Chef Tara is amazing, the food was delicious 😋 I would definitely recommend her and use her again !!

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thanks so much! We would help out for you anytime! We appreciate your review, t means a lot to us! Happy New Year! See you soon!
  • W

W Wine · Married on 11/24/2018

Bar Mitzvah party

Working with Chef Tara and her crew was a great experience. She was flexible, accommodating, pleasant and professional. For what can be a stressful process, she made everything easy. Her pricing is reasonable and competitive and the food was delicious. She even graciously accommodated our need for gluten free options. I happily recommend her and would use her services again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Corinna

Corinna · Married on 11/03/2018

Still dreaming of my wedding food!

There is no other catering team and Chef like Catering by Tara!

The SERVICE of the staff and the genuine care and pride they show in their craft is unmatched. The staff went above and beyond to cater to my guest and there was one very special server I'll always remember.
    The server went out her way to assist my deaf/mute family member to dinner service and assisted with his meal and selections. This will forever be a special memory to me from this amazing crew!

The food blew my guests and family away. I think there's nothing better to say than, my guests had seconds and thirds of Chef Tara's food and were wanting extra dinner servings (which there was plenty of) instead of cake. Yes, the food was that amazing.

A huge huge THANK YOU to Chef Tara and her amazing team.
    SO much love!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thanks a million! My team still talks about your wedding! Love and Happiness overflowed at your wedding! An abundance of fun for your guests everywhere we looked and you should be a wedding planner! I cannot wait to see you and Gavin again it would be our honor to cook for you again! Much love and many blessings to you and Gavin always!

Bill & Sally Harrington · Married on 10/27/2018

Tara and her staff were fantastic!

From the day we met to discuss our rehearsal dinner, until the day of the event, she was great. She helped us out every step of the way. We had a tasting to decide our final menu, and the food was amazing! She was easy to work with and her staff was very courteous. All of our guests commented on how delicious everything was and she even accommodated a few with allergies! I would definitely hire her again, she can handle anything! And she has a terrific personality!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you soooo much! I loved this event! You executed everything perfectly! You are wonderful to work with. Anytime you need us we would jump at the chance to cook for you again. All our best to the family!
  • Y

Yin-Chu · Married on 10/06/2018

Chef Tara was SO amazing to work with from first planning meeting all the way to our wedding day! She made sure the wedding menu was exactly what we wanted and within our budget. Most of all, she took excellent care of us on our wedding day!! She made sure we were well fed and well hydrated throughout the entire day/night even though my husband and I were busy running around taking pictures and greeting people. Her staff helped out so much and were super great to work with as well. We enjoyed working with her so much that we actually referred her to our other family members who both are using/used her for their wedding/rehearsal. Our guests were so impressed by the food and service, several people have asked her for her info so that they could hire her as well. We LOVE her :) you seriously cannot go wrong working with Chef Tara.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much! We love our review and we loved catering for you and Andrew! Congratulations again! Anything your family needs, we got it! Thank you for the referrals that alone says so much! We will see you soon! Blessings to you both!
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding pro says best caterer in CLT

Oh Chef Tara, you're a QUEEN!! I cannot recommend her enough! We had a terrible tasting with another caterer with horrible and cold food that we couldn't even choose from. In contrast, Chef Tara met us at a local starbucks and got to know us as a couple. My husband is Honduran and I'm from the South, so she created a custom menu for us that blended our two cultures. Before we even tasted her food, we knew it was going to be so good! And then for the tasting she came to our house and served us the food for the wedding! No surprise, it was amazing that day and on the day of the wedding. Her team made for a seamless reception and were so incredibly kind to us. Their service is seriously unmatched! As a wedding photographer, I've tried lots of caterers in the area and Chef Tara is the BEST!! Hands down! She's sweet, fun, and attentive and she was the perfect caterer for our elegant September wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

My goal is to keep running into you Maggie! We loved your menu! Your family is amazing and we are all about faith and prayer too! What beautiful speeches and family time we witnessed in a magical classy setting! Thank you for choosing us! I wold cook for you over and over again! We would go wherever you need us to! Love to David and may everyday of your lives be as blessed and beautiful as your wedding day, xoxo

Ginny · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience with Chef Tara and her team for our daughter's wedding at Boxwood Estate last weekend! From start to finish, she was great to work with. She went above and beyond to make sure that we would have a menu that appealed to all our guests. My favorite was the chicken with chimichurri sauce and mango chutney, but the whole spread with delicious! She joined us at the venue (Boxwood Estate) for the walk-through a couple of weeks before the wedding to make sure she made a good connection with the venue team and the wedding director so she knew exactly what they needed and expected from her. Her team was professional, polite, effective without being intrusive and FUN! After all their work was done, we LOVED it that they joined us on the dance floor for a couple of songs near the end of the evening! We can't say enough good things about our experience working with Chef Tara and recommend her wholeheartedly!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

You would get a 5 star review from us as well! Thank you so much for being an awesome Mother of The Bride! We are so happy you all enjoyed everything! This wedding was amazing and it was our pleasure to cook for you and your family. We wish Maggie & David the very best! We sure hope to see you all again soon! Thanks a million! Eat well!

Toni · Married on 09/15/2018

We love Chef Tara! We are thinking of many future celebrations for her and her team to provide the best food, best service and wonderful fun personalities. I look forward to many more gatherings with Chef Tara!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Ms. Toni,
    You are truly the life of the party! Thank you for allowing us into your beautiful home for Tim & Laura's Rehearsal dinner! We decided we want to see you at every event! Thank you for your business and referrals! We look forward to working with you again! Sending you hugs and menu ideas for next time!

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

Chef Tara and her team were absolutely amazing. I was currently living in California planning a wedding to take place in NC where I’m from. I wasn’t able to meet up with chef Tara however she went out of her way and met up with my mom and FaceTimed me during their meeting. Immediately I could just tell how genuine and honest chef Tara was. I knew right after that FaceTime I wanted to hire her. Her and her team went out of their way to make sure Greg and I were very well taken care and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. Chef Tara and her team make you feel like family and that was very important to us. You will not be disappointed when you book chef Tara!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany!
    We loved catering and serving for you! I am so happy everything turned out wonderful for planning from so far! We hope to see you soon!
    Congratulations again!

Karen · Married on 05/20/2018

Chef Tara catered by daughter's wedding in May and I cannot say enough about her. Tara is wonderful!!!! She goes above and beyond and puts 110% into her work. I highly recommend Catering by Tara for any event if you want everything done right and to work with a caring, genuine, sassy and funny lady.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Ha ha ha! Thanks so very much! You know me well!
    It was fun working with you all! It was an honor to be chosen to cater this beautiful wedding! Thanks bunches and I just know I will see you all soon! Many blessings to you!

kim · Married on 05/06/2018

Tara and team was so wonderful catering our event. Not only was the food delicious...many, many compliments...she attended to our every need and want during our meal! She was delightful to plan with and had great ideas to make our daughters day special for her! We could not have been anymore pleased with her !!!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much Ms. Kim! I really hope to see you all soon! Such an awesome family you all are! All our best in blessings to you! It was our pleasure!

Brittany · Married on 04/28/2018

Tara was great! Easy going and always responded the same day to anything I had questions about. The food was amazing and everything we could have wanted. Myself, my husband and all of our family and friends and the other vendors we used were so impressed by her and how awesome she is. I will definitely be calling her again for any catering needs we have. She’s the best!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Our pleasure Brittany! We loved creating both Southern and Mexican Cuisine menus with you both and executing exactly what you wanted :) Thank you for choosing us for your wedding caterer! We look forward to seeing you again! Our best wishes to you both always!

Marsha · Married on 04/14/2018

Chef Tara and her assistants were Awesome! They were so easy to work with, very accommodating and professional. Above all other things the food was delicious!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much!!! We enjoyed our tasting with you and cooking for you and your loved ones for this very special dinner.
    Many blessings to you always!

Gail Hoffmann · Married on 11/23/2017

Chef Tara and her staff provided a great experience for all of us.

The food was amazing. Chef Tara was very easy to work with. She was flexible and patient with us as our plans were constantly evolving and changing. She had many wonderful suggestions for vendors and room configuration.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Catering By Tara's reply:

Mrs. Hoffman thank you so much! It was wonderful to work with you as well! Everything turned out beautiful. Your planning was awesome! We are here for you if ever you need a Chef or the whole catering team. Take care, our love to the family !

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2017

Chef Tara and her team were absolutely amazing! She had every detail covered! From the food to the service, everything was top notch!

At our first meeting with Tara, we told her our vision of a wedding with southern comfort foods and she helped us craft the perfect menu! The food was absolutely delicious and our guests have raved about it especially the appetizers of mini chicken and waffles and Mac & cheese bites! I was pretty sad the next day that I didn't make plans for any leftovers to come home with us! Other caterers we talked to gave us a preprinted list of dishes that we could choose but none that really wowed us.
    During our meetings, I mentioned serving drinks outside during the cocktail hour and have them moved them back in for the reception- no problem for her whereas other caterers told us they would charge a crazy amount extra to do this. My dream wedding included vintage china and again other caterers told us they would charge extra for handling this- Chef Tara recommended an amazing rental company to us, her team set every place for us and had them packed and ready to go for my Mom at the end of the night.

We had a server who brought us our food and she and Chef Tara checked on us at our table throughout the reception.

I could go on and on but just trust us and hire Chef Tara! You will not regret it. The experience was completely stress free and we felt like royalty!

Thank you and your team so much!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney and Ryan! I saw the family all together and I was so happy your day came alive with all the details you planned! Your wedding was amazing and beautiful! It was our pleasure to serve you, mu honor to cook for you and your loved ones. We wish you blessings upon blessings always! Thank you!

James · Married on 10/28/2017

Chef tara is the best hands down! You couldnt get a more outstanding chef and catering team to cater for you! From start to finish they are the only ones we didnt have to worry about at our wedding! Thank you team and chef!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you very much! I was nervous on this one. James is a Chef and had many Chef guests present. I put my heart in because you and Nichole are just lovely people. Thank you for choosing me and my team. We would go anywhere to cook for you :)
    Much love to you both always!

Lynne · Married on 10/21/2017

Chef Tara come to my rescue when we needed a caterer at the very last minute! Her personality won me over but the food took me over the top! It was for my son’s 30th birthday and the food was the best part! Fresh, creative, fun. I Wouk highly recommend Chef Tara!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Catering By Tara's reply:

Thank you so much! You were wonderful to work with. It was my pleasure to assist you. We work well in a "crunch"! Happy 30th again to Andy and we hope to see you all soon! Anything you need, we are here for you!

Many thanks!