Catering By Robert Reviews

127 | Tampa, FL

127 Reviews for Catering By Robert

127 Catering By Robert Reviews

Kate · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with the Catering by Robert team will be the best decision you make wedding planning! Seriously! Planning our wedding from afar, I contacted several caterers to find the right one. After my first phone consult with Susan I felt an immediate sense of relief and joy knowing I found the perfect company to help us on our big day. They are much more than catering; they handle any planning aspects you need - they coordinate rentals and vendors, help with décor, do all set up and clean up, you name it and they'll do it! Coordinating with Susan was so easy because she was always so responsive and willing to work with our ideas. Their expertise in the field helped our planning process go much smoother than we could have ever imagined! On the day of, they took care of EVERYTHING! The staff was incredibly interactive and helpful to all of our guests. Not to mention that the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD! We had a delicious variety of different cultures and tastes to honor the different cultures our families come from. They even worked around any dietary restrictions our guests had and made sure they were well taken care of. We would use Catering by Robert again - for any type of event - without a question! We HIGHLY recommend them to any couple planning a wedding in the Tampa/St. Pete area. THEY WERE INCREDIBLE!

Catering By Robert 1
    Catering By Robert 2
    Catering By Robert 3

Lucy · Married on 06/09/2018

Where to begin! Susan and her staff are responsible for making our wedding day seamless, dreamy, and magical. From the moment we first talked to Susan nearly a year before our wedding, we knew we had found someone who truly cared about creating an amazing experience for us, and who had a ton of experience and knowledge in doing so. From the first phone call she was so warm and excited to help us. The wonderful thing about Catering by Robert is that they are not just a catering company, they have a hand in helping coordinate your entire event - all at a very fair and reasonable price. In the months leading up to our wedding, we talked to Susan numerous times with questions about planning/execution, while also seeking her advice on vendors, colors, traditions, and much more. There was not one time where she wasn't eager to help us. We felt as if we had a guiding mentor to walk us through the sometimes chaotic wedding planning process.
    The day of our wedding went better than I could have EVER imagined - and we really attribute this success to Susan and the Catering by Robert Staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how professeinal, kind, and accomadating the entire staff was. Susan and her team completely set up and decorated our ceremony and reception areas - and it was breathtakingly beautiful. We planned for a modern Hawaiian beachy wedding, and they couldn't have captured the tropical feel any better. The staff, and particularly Rita, treated me and my now husband as if we were royalty - constantly making sure we were okay.
    The food was an absolute HIT! With a family full of foodies - I wanted the meal to be fantastic, and it blew away my expectations. I still have family and friends telling me how delicious the food was, and that they were all going back for seconds!
    Overall, Susan and her team went above and beyond to give us our dream wedding, and we are forever grateful!

Catering By Robert 4
    Catering By Robert 5
    Catering By Robert 6
    Catering By Robert 7
    Catering By Robert 8
    Catering By Robert 9
    Catering By Robert 10

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

We loved Catering by Robert! Susan made our reception hall look amazing! The food was phenomenal as well. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about the paella, personally my favorite was the chopped pork!

• aray

Abbey · Married on 04/21/2018

Susan and her team were wonderful! We reached out to Catering by Robert at the same time that we booked our venue, Tampa Bay Watch, so we would be certain to be able to work with them! Their all inclusive approach made planning and hosting our wedding much easier, especially since Tampa Bay Watch is a "blank canvas" venue. Susan was always quick to respond to my (many) e-mails and helped us design both our decor and menu. We used elements of their in-house centerpieces and decor items as well as some of our own personal finds. Susan was able to recommend excellent vendors and get us table runners at cost! She and her team worked seamlessly with our other vendors and our wedding pros. As a bonus, we were able to go to quite a few tastings and really sample all the offerings -- the food was always delicious, as it was on wedding day.

Alexa · Married on 03/24/2018

We worked with Catering By Robert for our wedding on 3/24/18. Susan and the entire Catering By Robert team are wonderful! Susan and Rita helped with our planning and event design. They understood our vision and made it a reality. Susan was always quick to respond to ALL of my questions throughout the planning process. She also coordinated with our other vendors, allowing us to have a stress-free day. Kaitlin and Crystal were our banquet captains and made sure everything was perfect throughout the night. The food is also delicious! The open-house tastings are great to try a variety of dishes. Their prices are very affordable and include planning, coordination, linens, and decorations- they can't be beat!

We cannot thank them enough for helping us create the best night of our lives! We highly recommend Catering By Robert for catering and event planning!

Dianne · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband & I hired Catering By Robert for our wedding on March 10th and were so pleased with their services. We met them at a bridal show and once we tried their paella, we knew we had to go with their services! CateringbyRobert isn’t just a catering company, they also provided linens and decor for our wedding day. Literally a one stop shop !! Susan was great through it all! Her attention to detail at our designs meeting helped ensure that we got exactly what we wanted. They also provided tasting events where we were able to taste pretty much their whole menu and really choose what we liked best. We got so many compliments on their food & the services of their staff. They were so friendly & did everything we asked in a timely manner. I HIGHLY recommend Susan and her staff for any big catering event. You will not be disappointed with their service & affordable price !!

Jessie · Married on 02/24/2018

I absolutely LOVED working with Susan and her team! From the beginning Susan was nothing but generous and helpful towards us. She gave us suggestions we completely forgot/didn't realize and just went above and beyond for us to make our day perfect. The day of they made sure EVERYTHING went smoothly, not just the standard catering tasks but everything from making sure our bridal party was ready to walk down the aisle to cleaning up the whole event. Food was absolutely phenomenal and we received tons of praise from it.

Jo · Married on 02/18/2018

Where do I started! I discovered Catering By Robert while attending a Bridal Show at the Davis Island Garden Club. They were showcasing a French Quarter Menu that night which couldn't be any better for me since I was set and determined to have a New Orleans stayed wedding. I was immediately attracted to the vendor and upon tasting the Jambalaya in the huge paella pan I was pretty much sold. My Husband and I met up with Susan shortly after and went over all of the offerings. CBR provided in house decorations, linen, china, glassware and even bar services. Not to mention the client tastings that was held every other month. I think we will definitely miss those the most. What we loved MOST about CBR was working with Susan was a breeze and the communication was always on point. We definitely also loved the fact that we didn't have to add as many vendors with the decor items, linens, napkins, china and bar services. Typically these can be separate and costly. CBR does have a few menu options however they always stood up for the challenge of anything we wanted. Food was really important to us for our wedding as most of our friends and family knows us for cooking but we certainly couldn't cater our own wedding. Our wedding was held on 2/18 and we still have guests calling or telling us that the food was superb and definitely not wedding food. One of Must haves was finishing the night with beignets to complete the New orleans style wedding and Susan and her staff delivered. The Jambalaya with crayfish was a hit, the whipped mashed potatoes was a hit, the crab cakes and pickles was amazzzinng and the beignets was the icing on the cake! We could not have asked for anything more in a wedding caterer. We really enjoyed working with Susan and the staff and I recommend them to all of my friends constantly. They were professional and shared a ton of expertise in the wedding/catering industry.

Peter · Married on 02/10/2018

Catering by Robert is the best catering service for those who are planning small to medium size weddings (60 people or less) in the Tampa area. The staff - especially Susan! - went the extra mile to ensure our wedding went smoothly. The food got rave reviews from my guests, and we were able to choose from a wide and diverse menu. Susan was very flexible in allowing us to create our menus, which was much appreciated in that it allowed me to ensure everyone was taken care of in terms of preferences.

More than the food, however, Susan took it upon herself to plan out the details of the entire event, including our ceremony which was at a different location away from our reception. She gave me advice on things like how much alcohol I needed, and provided recommendations for vendors like the DJ, florist, and transportation, which all turned out great. This certainly alleviated the stress on my end, the groom, as we didn’t hire a planner or even a coordinator for our event. Turns out we didn’t need to!

Most importantly, despite having a busy schedule, Susan would always make herself available via text and email, and always responded promptly to any questions we had. There’s no substitute to having someone you can reliably communicate with.

I wholeheartedly recommend Catering by Robert!

Karolina · Married on 12/31/2017

Catering by Robert is simply amazing. 2nd to saying I do to my husband on my wedding day is choosing Catering by Robert for my ceremony and reception. The service and quality of everything they do is definitely 5 Star. Susan was so great to work with throughout the whole process. She is very timely, responsive, detail oriented, easy to communicate with, and an over all sweet & genuine person. We got lots of compliments on the tasty food at our reception. I loved how beautifully our reception was decorated and set up, it was better than I imagined. Everything went perfectly and I have Catering by Robert to thank for that! I would highly recommend to anyone!

Corinne · Married on 12/10/2017

Where do I start?? We cannot express how happy we are with our decision to work with Susan and Catering by Robert. Right from the beginning, I knew it was the right choice. She was always incredibly punctual in answering all my questions. Not only did we work with an amazing company, but more importantly- we got to work with an amazing person. Susan was always compassionate and understanding with any requests that I had. She truly made everything happen, and I will forever be grateful for that. I am certain that no other catering company provides the kind of service that this one does. From answering all of our questions, to placing our DIY materials, to being the "design masterminds" of the wedding, Catering by Robert takes care of it all. Not to mention, the food was amazing and came at a reasonable cost. On multiple occasions at our wedding, I heard things like, "this is the best wedding food ever," and "the paella is incredible". Guests were raving about our appetizers as well. All in all, words can not describe how thankful I am for them. We give our highest recommendation possible!

Laura · Married on 12/02/2017

Susan and her team were absolutely wonderful. From Day 1 Susan was there giving us advice and helping us with every little detail, things we never would have thought about.
    The food was as absolutely delicious and everyone raved about the paella, the presentation alone is spectacular.
    I don' t think I could have been more relaxed on the day of our wedding because I knew Susan and Crystal were taking care of everything. At the end of the day my husband and I both said we could not have asked for anything more, everything exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend Susan and the everyone at Catering by Roberts. Very professional, courteous and outstanding service!

pam · Married on 05/06/2017

Susan and her staff were very attentive and acted as good or better than a wedding planner for my daughters wedding. They did everything from centerpieces to cleanup. I would recommend them for any special occasion!!!.

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2017

Susan was great! I'm from the area but lived out of state, and to top it off went through a move to another state while I was planning our wedding. Susan was incredibly patient and helpful. She took my ideas and ran with them, as nerdy and spacey as they were. The day of the ceremony went beautifully. The venue was beautiful, and the food was amazing! Oh my God, the paella...everyone loved the paella. Susan will work with you and your budget, you just need to be clear on what is important to you on your day. I cannot recommend the team from Catering by Robert enough!

Tracy · Married on 02/18/2017

Catering by Robert is an all-inclusive catering service that specializes in estate weddings. In addition to providing by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding, this company provided many other services. For example, they handled the table and chair rentals along with beautiful linens to go with them. They set up our ceremony site as well as our reception site, and provided extras such as centerpiece glassware for the reception. As a bride who finds the planning process of a wedding incredibly overwhelming and even stressful, this service was priceless. I worked closely with Susan which was an absolute pleasure. She worked with me to come up with my table setting design and many other details for our big day. She was in contact with my other vendors when planning out our timeline so that everything ran smoothly. Every step of the planning process she was there to answer my questions and ease my mind. I would highly recommend Catering by Robert to anybody for their wedding… Especially one that I’m invited to, because the food really was amazing! Yum!

Alexa · Married on 02/10/2017

Susan and her team are amazing! We just had our wedding at the beginning of February at Villa Adriana. It was absolutely perfect! During the entire wedding planning process, Susan was so attentive and helpful. She was able to give us our dream wedding while staying in the budget! The food was great- we received many compliments on the food and service of the staff. The displays of the food during the reception and cocktail hour were great as well. Reflecting back I could not have imagined planning our wedding without Susan! Catering by Robert is the best!

Jennifer · Married on 02/04/2017

They do it all here and provide the best service. Susan is attentive and responded so quickly to all my questions and concerns. Our wedding day was perfect and they took care of EVERYTHING when it comes to the reception. The have an array of decorations and they provide all the table linens and chair covers. Susan sets up the room and makes it look beautiful. It looked better than I could have imagined!
    And the food was delicious!! All our guests keep talking about how great the food was. The paella was amazing and the staff was so attentive to us.
    They kept the reception running smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about this company. They are truly amazing and very, very affordable for what they do!! I wouldn't change a thing.

Vanessa · Married on 01/14/2017

We had such a great experience with Catering by Robert. From planning out all the important details to tastings and designing our wedding guest tables, Susan and Rita were so helpful and amazing. All of our guests loved the food! The event space looked amazing and Susan did an amazing job making it just how I wanted it to look. They also took care of all the details during the reception so there was no need to worry about anything. I would definitely recommend and use Catering by Robert!

• User4955365 · 1+ year ago

Do yourselves a favor and pick this caterer! They take care of EVERYTHING and do a magnificent job! I loved, loved, loved the decorations to my wedding they they put all together. The food was amazing and the service was extraordinary!

• User4955365 · 1+ year ago

Look no further.... price includes everything.

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/08/2016

Catering by Robert was by far the best choice my husband and I made for our wedding. They are truly AMAZING! Susan is such a wonderful person to work with. Our wedding was on 10/08/16. We booked Susan on 02/14/15 so we had alot of time to spend getting to know her and tasting all the wonderful food! They have client open houses that you are exclusively invited to once you book with her. You get to try all the food, so when it comes time to pick your menu-you know exactly what you are getting! Catering by Robert is way more than just a catering company. Not only do they provide delicious food but they also help decorate all the guest tables, buffets, & any other tables you need for your big day. They really do go above and beyond to make sure your event is a huge success! My sweetheart table and cake table were so BEAUTIFUL! When I walked into my venue and saw how everything looked, it literally took my breath away and made me cry because it was SO amazing! The staff was also SO helpful, they got us drinks when we needed them, they brought my husband and I plates from the buffet so we didn't need to get up! We were treated like royalty! Our friends and family could not stop raving about all the delicious food! I has so many different people approach me during the wedding just to tell me that the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding! That made me so happy, because food is a very important part of your wedding day! The seafood paella is the BEST dish, and it is HUGE! It was so fun everyone was amazed by it! My husband and I are very blessed to have found Catering by Robert. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and they were a huge part in making that a success. We HIGHLY recommend Catering by Robert for your wedding or next major event. We promise you won’t be disappointed!

Kari · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I were so happy that we hired Catering By Robert as our wedding caterer! Susan and her team were a pleasure to work with and they did an amazing job! CBR is more than just a caterer, they helped design and coordinate our entire reception. Included in the food price was the many of the table linens and decorations so this was an excellent value; CBR is definitely more all-inclusive than any of the other caterers that we researched. We also saved money because CBR allowed us to provide our own alcohol for the bar service.
    We met with Susan in her studio on several occasions leading up to our wedding day so that we could figure out the table design, venue layout, timeline, and almost every other detail of our reception. Susan was always very responsive to emails and phone calls whenever we had a question; she even referred us to a few of our other terrific vendors. My husband and I didn't live in Tampa during most of our engagement so we were unable to attend the CBR open houses, but my parents attended several of these events where they enjoyed sampling food and gathering design ideas.
    On the night of our reception, everything was perfect! The venue and table decorations were beautiful, the service was top-notch, and all of our guests commented on how much they loved the food! We even had a ton of food left-over that they boxed up and sent home with us. CBR truly provided us with peace of mind throughout the entire planning process! We definitely recommend CBR to anyone who is looking for a wonderful wedding caterer!

Alison · Married on 05/07/2016

I can not say enough about Susan and her team. She was so attentive and listened to every detail that I mentioned for my dream wedding. We had our wedding this weekend at a private home. Catering by Robert handled everything and it was absolutely beautiful! From the tables to the chairs to the food!! And oh the food!! Everyone loved it!! It was a beautiful presentation and I can not thank Susan, Krystal and the entire team at Catering by Robert enough! Thank you for making my special day amazing.

Brittany · Married on 04/09/2016

Selecting Catering by Robert was the best vendor decision we made for our wedding and highly recommend them to any couple in Tampa. Going into wedding planning, I was not certain what to expect from vendors, and never would have imagined that there was someone as helpful, informative, considerate and dedicated as Susan. The more I met with other vendors, the more I really learned that not all companies are created equal, and I grew to appreciate her talent, years of experience, and assistance even more. She truly felt like a partner during the process and you can tell she enjoys helping couples with their special day. We didnt feel like just another bride and groom with Catering by Robert, and the attention to detail and prompt communication we received made us feel so at ease.
    I wasnt entirely certain what I was looking for in a caterer, other than affordable, not bland hotel food, and reasonably priced. With Catering by Robert, we got that and so much more. From helping us select our table designs to discussing menu options, they do it all. Susan worked with us in a non pushy way and really made us feel like she was there to help our vision become a reality and ensure our wedding was everything we hoped for. Her years of expertise and knowledge were so beneficial when werent certain how to proceed with various aspects of the wedding. The food at our wedding was great and we had tons of leftovers (having enough food was very important and they delivered!), The service we received before the wedding and during was phenomenal, and many guests commented on how nice the servers were. I was really pleased with the number of additional wait staff Catering by Robert offered, and having a day of coordinator at the reception hall was so wonderful. I cannot recommend Catering by Robert enough!! Thank you to Susan and all the Catering by Robert staff who made our wedding unforgettable.

Peggy · Married on 02/27/2016

CATERING BY ROBERT DOES IT ALL!

Susan did a SUPERB JOB! No need for a wedding planner with Catering By Robert. They absolutely do it all. I wish I could add pictures, the tables were totally gorgeous and the food fabulous! All our guest said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The Jambalaya was as delicious as the presentation! Everyone also loved the Chicken Marsala and I heard the Roast Beef was to die for. Every minute detail was covered, Susan did it all. Thank you so much for making my daughter's wedding so wonderful!
    We could not have done it without you Susan. You're the best!