Catering By Robert Reviews

Catering By Robert 5
Catering By Robert 6
Catering By Robert 7

Monica · Married on 03/22/2019

The absolute best caterer and coordinator!

We had our beautiful wedding at Tampa Garden Club in South Tampa where Susan was with us every step of the way helping bring our vision to life. We recommend her 10/10. She provided top notch service, helped break down the menu when we were confused. Gave us indepth insider information on our venue and provided details on best ways to navigate. She kept the menu flexible for us (greatly appreciated). She provided layout help, alcohol estimates help and vendor help. She stood in as our day of coordinator and made sure everything was perfect. She gave us VALUABLE advice and is not afraid to make suggestions when needed (even with us hard headed engagies). She coordinated with our florist (who she knew) and had a table sample night where we could make adjustments as needed. She is a staple in the industry and highly respected. Everyone loved the food... we thought the prices were extremly fair. Considering the service she provides... this is a no brainer. She even showed up to our rehearsal and set us up for success. Id also like to add that I am not easy to please... she did all of this with grace. Bravo!!! Catering by Roberts make dream weddings come true in all budgets.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Erin

Erin Cosgrove · Married on 03/15/2019

Saved my wedding!

Susan and her team were the best thing that could have happened to my husband and I when we planned our wedding; from the moment we met to the last piece of cake, she kept the show running. Susan was not just the caterer she was essentially my assistant wedding planner. She helped me put together decoration ideas, suggested places to rent items she didn't have in her storage for decor and even went above and beyond and borrowed items from friends! She also emailed a finalized list of everything we needed down to the number of liquor bottles for the reception to who was pinning up my dress after the ceremony; little things that you don't think of until it's too late! There was not one detail that went unnoticed or addressed before the big day. Her team was wonderful and very helpful throughout the entire night and did whatever they could to make our day seamless. My wedding would have seriously been a nightmare without Catering By Robert (Susan ;) She's worth every penny and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 09/19/2019
    Catering By Robert 14
  • Melissa

Melissa Melander · Married on 02/22/2019

Flexible, Helpful, Affordable & Friendly

Catering by Robert was truly amazing and a godsend for my wedding. Susan worked with me to not only supply me with amazing food, but helped as my wedding decorator and day of coordinator, and didn't miss a beat! Her prices are very affordable and she works to get you the best prices and create a wedding that is exactly as you want and unique to only you. She has years of experience and thus advice that is as helpful as having a wedding planner! Her expertise allows your wedding day to run smoothly. We did not have any hiccups in our day, Susan and her staff were amazing, super friendly and very helpful! Her prices are very affordable and she is worth every penny, and more. And the best part is, you don't have to supply decorations or hire a decorator, she has them for you already and delivers them the day-of so you don't end up with useless wedding decor afterwards! It was the best choice I made to have a caterer who was also our decorator and day of coordinator. She also supplied the bartender to serve our guests the liquor we provided at a very affordable price, even supplied mixers and champagne glasses!! Not to mention our guests were raving about the food during and even after our wedding. I couldn't have asked for anything better. You and your staff are amazing Susan, thank you all so much!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Catering By Robert 15

Catering By Robert's reply:

Thank you, Melissa for such thoughtful details. And I loved that you did the DIY aspect with the silk flowers. That was a special touch!
  • Jesslyn

Jesslyn Noel Kostopoulos · Married on 01/19/2019

Beyond wonderful!!

YUMMY Yum Yum, Catering by Robert did an outstanding job catering our wedding not only was the food delicious, but Susan was a joy to work with. I have never been to a wedding that everyone was complimenting the food so much, the leftovers were just as delicious as the first night we ate. The planning process was a breeze , we had meetings with Susan and she was always so quick to respond to any questions, the great thing about Catering by Robert is that they have wonderful get togethers to sample food items and to go over your tablescapes. The day of was flawless and Susan’s team and coordinators made our wedding day function without a hitch. We couldn’t have picked a better team to handle our food, bar tending and day of coordination. Thank you so much Susan and team for everything!

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 01/18/2019

We are so glad we picked them!

We can not begin to describe how amazing Susan and her team were not only on the day of our wedding but with the planning before hand. They made everything so very simple and easy the day of the wedding. Caitlin was an amazing coordinator and ensured we had everything we needed and kept us on schedule to ensure we didn't forget things. She was always checking in on my husband and I to ensure we didn't need anything. Including serving us our food because we were stuck talking with guests.

The meetings-
    We enjoyed the food tastings we were able to attend in the short planning process for our wedding. It was a great way to try different things from their menu. The meetings we had with Susan were always productive and the last planning meeting was amazing. The day of the wedding was based on that meeting. Susan know what she is doing for sure.

Setup-
    We literally dropped everything off in the morning and everything was done when we arrived to do first look. They even moved our ceremony chairs (rented) to our reception tables for us and moved flowers as well. They provided all of our table coverings and parts of the centerpieces and it was perfect.

The Food-
    It was delicious and everyone was raving about the paella. Including us. It was so nice to be able to have the extra food to take home. We had a lot of family still in town and it came in handy. They cut and served our cake as well.

The Bar-
    There was never a line and everyone was happy with the service. Very friendly and professional bartenders.

Vendor coordination-
    Susan gave us amazing recommendations on a bakery for our cakes and videography and DJ. We could not have been happier. Everyone was were they needed to be and setup with no problem.

Breakdown-
    They broke down all the tables and chairs and collected all of our stuff so it was very easy for my family to gather to leave. They also have worked with our venue before and knew what they needed to do to ensure we got our deposit back.

I will literally hire them for any event in the future when I need catering. Not just based on food, but for the relationship we built with her and her team. We are so glad we used them for our catering. They are more than a caterer. I had no idea what I wanted nor how to plan a wedding and she helped tremendously. The value of what we paid to what was included was huge. We cannot thank them enough for making our day so rememberable.

Abbey and Jimmy

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen Androlewicz · Married on 11/10/2018

Thank you Catering by Robert!

I cannot say enough about how much I love this team! They handled so many aspects of our big day and made it that much more enjoyable for us. Susan is always available leading up to the event and is so flexible with our ideas. We wanted to create a casual taco bar for our wedding reception. Not only was she open to our idea, but Susan and Bob ran with it and added their own flare to make it better than we imagined. Her experience in this field was so valuable to us when planning our wedding...she had so many great ideas that made everything so much more memorable. The staff the day of our wedding was amazing and made our dream a reality, from the table settings to the send off, they kept everything (and everyone) organized and elegant. The food was amazing and we still received compliments weeks after about the spread. People loved it! The staff was not only helpful, but warm and really seemed to enjoy what they do. Book this caterer, you will not be disappointed! Thank you to Susan, Bob, and their. incredible team!!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Camila Rudin · Married on 08/26/2018

Great Service

Where do I start? From the day I first spoke with Susan, I knew she was the person I wanted to work with. She answered all of my questions and gave me some suggestions I hadn't even thought of. She was patient and kind and went out of her way to make sure our day went flawlessly. In the midst of planning we decided that our original venue would not work, so Susan searched high and low to find a new venue that met our expectations and visions. We are from out of state so she even visited venues and facetimed me for a walk through. We never did a food tasting, and I was nervous but our guests raved about the food. The day of our event Susan and her staff were there to ensure that everything ran smoothly. She knew my vision like no one else because we spent countless hours planning and she ensured that the entire day went off with out a hitch. I highly recommend Catering by Robert and would work with them again if given the opportunity.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Kate · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with the Catering by Robert team will be the best decision you make wedding planning! Seriously! Planning our wedding from afar, I contacted several caterers to find the right one. After my first phone consult with Susan I felt an immediate sense of relief and joy knowing I found the perfect company to help us on our big day. They are much more than catering; they handle any planning aspects you need - they coordinate rentals and vendors, help with décor, do all set up and clean up, you name it and they'll do it! Coordinating with Susan was so easy because she was always so responsive and willing to work with our ideas. Their expertise in the field helped our planning process go much smoother than we could have ever imagined! On the day of, they took care of EVERYTHING! The staff was incredibly interactive and helpful to all of our guests. Not to mention that the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD! We had a delicious variety of different cultures and tastes to honor the different cultures our families come from. They even worked around any dietary restrictions our guests had and made sure they were well taken care of. We would use Catering by Robert again - for any type of event - without a question! We HIGHLY recommend them to any couple planning a wedding in the Tampa/St. Pete area. THEY WERE INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Catering By Robert 16
    Catering By Robert 17
    Catering By Robert 18

Lucy · Married on 06/09/2018

Where to begin! Susan and her staff are responsible for making our wedding day seamless, dreamy, and magical. From the moment we first talked to Susan nearly a year before our wedding, we knew we had found someone who truly cared about creating an amazing experience for us, and who had a ton of experience and knowledge in doing so. From the first phone call she was so warm and excited to help us. The wonderful thing about Catering by Robert is that they are not just a catering company, they have a hand in helping coordinate your entire event - all at a very fair and reasonable price. In the months leading up to our wedding, we talked to Susan numerous times with questions about planning/execution, while also seeking her advice on vendors, colors, traditions, and much more. There was not one time where she wasn't eager to help us. We felt as if we had a guiding mentor to walk us through the sometimes chaotic wedding planning process.
    The day of our wedding went better than I could have EVER imagined - and we really attribute this success to Susan and the Catering by Robert Staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how professeinal, kind, and accomadating the entire staff was. Susan and her team completely set up and decorated our ceremony and reception areas - and it was breathtakingly beautiful. We planned for a modern Hawaiian beachy wedding, and they couldn't have captured the tropical feel any better. The staff, and particularly Rita, treated me and my now husband as if we were royalty - constantly making sure we were okay.
    The food was an absolute HIT! With a family full of foodies - I wanted the meal to be fantastic, and it blew away my expectations. I still have family and friends telling me how delicious the food was, and that they were all going back for seconds!
    Overall, Susan and her team went above and beyond to give us our dream wedding, and we are forever grateful!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Catering By Robert 23
    Catering By Robert 24
    Catering By Robert 25

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

We loved Catering by Robert! Susan made our reception hall look amazing! The food was phenomenal as well. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about the paella, personally my favorite was the chopped pork!

Sent on 04/23/2018
  • aray

Abbey · Married on 04/21/2018

Susan and her team were wonderful! We reached out to Catering by Robert at the same time that we booked our venue, Tampa Bay Watch, so we would be certain to be able to work with them! Their all inclusive approach made planning and hosting our wedding much easier, especially since Tampa Bay Watch is a "blank canvas" venue. Susan was always quick to respond to my (many) e-mails and helped us design both our decor and menu. We used elements of their in-house centerpieces and decor items as well as some of our own personal finds. Susan was able to recommend excellent vendors and get us table runners at cost! She and her team worked seamlessly with our other vendors and our wedding pros. As a bonus, we were able to go to quite a few tastings and really sample all the offerings -- the food was always delicious, as it was on wedding day.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Alexa · Married on 03/24/2018

We worked with Catering By Robert for our wedding on 3/24/18. Susan and the entire Catering By Robert team are wonderful! Susan and Rita helped with our planning and event design. They understood our vision and made it a reality. Susan was always quick to respond to ALL of my questions throughout the planning process. She also coordinated with our other vendors, allowing us to have a stress-free day. Kaitlin and Crystal were our banquet captains and made sure everything was perfect throughout the night. The food is also delicious! The open-house tastings are great to try a variety of dishes. Their prices are very affordable and include planning, coordination, linens, and decorations- they can't be beat!

We cannot thank them enough for helping us create the best night of our lives! We highly recommend Catering By Robert for catering and event planning!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Dianne · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband & I hired Catering By Robert for our wedding on March 10th and were so pleased with their services. We met them at a bridal show and once we tried their paella, we knew we had to go with their services! CateringbyRobert isn’t just a catering company, they also provided linens and decor for our wedding day. Literally a one stop shop !! Susan was great through it all! Her attention to detail at our designs meeting helped ensure that we got exactly what we wanted. They also provided tasting events where we were able to taste pretty much their whole menu and really choose what we liked best. We got so many compliments on their food & the services of their staff. They were so friendly & did everything we asked in a timely manner. I HIGHLY recommend Susan and her staff for any big catering event. You will not be disappointed with their service & affordable price !!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Jessie · Married on 02/24/2018

I absolutely LOVED working with Susan and her team! From the beginning Susan was nothing but generous and helpful towards us. She gave us suggestions we completely forgot/didn't realize and just went above and beyond for us to make our day perfect. The day of they made sure EVERYTHING went smoothly, not just the standard catering tasks but everything from making sure our bridal party was ready to walk down the aisle to cleaning up the whole event. Food was absolutely phenomenal and we received tons of praise from it.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Jo · Married on 02/18/2018

Where do I started! I discovered Catering By Robert while attending a Bridal Show at the Davis Island Garden Club. They were showcasing a French Quarter Menu that night which couldn't be any better for me since I was set and determined to have a New Orleans stayed wedding. I was immediately attracted to the vendor and upon tasting the Jambalaya in the huge paella pan I was pretty much sold. My Husband and I met up with Susan shortly after and went over all of the offerings. CBR provided in house decorations, linen, china, glassware and even bar services. Not to mention the client tastings that was held every other month. I think we will definitely miss those the most. What we loved MOST about CBR was working with Susan was a breeze and the communication was always on point. We definitely also loved the fact that we didn't have to add as many vendors with the decor items, linens, napkins, china and bar services. Typically these can be separate and costly. CBR does have a few menu options however they always stood up for the challenge of anything we wanted. Food was really important to us for our wedding as most of our friends and family knows us for cooking but we certainly couldn't cater our own wedding. Our wedding was held on 2/18 and we still have guests calling or telling us that the food was superb and definitely not wedding food. One of Must haves was finishing the night with beignets to complete the New orleans style wedding and Susan and her staff delivered. The Jambalaya with crayfish was a hit, the whipped mashed potatoes was a hit, the crab cakes and pickles was amazzzinng and the beignets was the icing on the cake! We could not have asked for anything more in a wedding caterer. We really enjoyed working with Susan and the staff and I recommend them to all of my friends constantly. They were professional and shared a ton of expertise in the wedding/catering industry.

Sent on 03/21/2018

Peter · Married on 02/10/2018

Catering by Robert is the best catering service for those who are planning small to medium size weddings (60 people or less) in the Tampa area. The staff - especially Susan! - went the extra mile to ensure our wedding went smoothly. The food got rave reviews from my guests, and we were able to choose from a wide and diverse menu. Susan was very flexible in allowing us to create our menus, which was much appreciated in that it allowed me to ensure everyone was taken care of in terms of preferences.

More than the food, however, Susan took it upon herself to plan out the details of the entire event, including our ceremony which was at a different location away from our reception. She gave me advice on things like how much alcohol I needed, and provided recommendations for vendors like the DJ, florist, and transportation, which all turned out great. This certainly alleviated the stress on my end, the groom, as we didn’t hire a planner or even a coordinator for our event. Turns out we didn’t need to!

Most importantly, despite having a busy schedule, Susan would always make herself available via text and email, and always responded promptly to any questions we had. There’s no substitute to having someone you can reliably communicate with.

I wholeheartedly recommend Catering by Robert!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Karolina · Married on 12/31/2017

Catering by Robert is simply amazing. 2nd to saying I do to my husband on my wedding day is choosing Catering by Robert for my ceremony and reception. The service and quality of everything they do is definitely 5 Star. Susan was so great to work with throughout the whole process. She is very timely, responsive, detail oriented, easy to communicate with, and an over all sweet & genuine person. We got lots of compliments on the tasty food at our reception. I loved how beautifully our reception was decorated and set up, it was better than I imagined. Everything went perfectly and I have Catering by Robert to thank for that! I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Corinne · Married on 12/10/2017

Where do I start?? We cannot express how happy we are with our decision to work with Susan and Catering by Robert. Right from the beginning, I knew it was the right choice. She was always incredibly punctual in answering all my questions. Not only did we work with an amazing company, but more importantly- we got to work with an amazing person. Susan was always compassionate and understanding with any requests that I had. She truly made everything happen, and I will forever be grateful for that. I am certain that no other catering company provides the kind of service that this one does. From answering all of our questions, to placing our DIY materials, to being the "design masterminds" of the wedding, Catering by Robert takes care of it all. Not to mention, the food was amazing and came at a reasonable cost. On multiple occasions at our wedding, I heard things like, "this is the best wedding food ever," and "the paella is incredible". Guests were raving about our appetizers as well. All in all, words can not describe how thankful I am for them. We give our highest recommendation possible!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Laura · Married on 12/02/2017

Susan and her team were absolutely wonderful. From Day 1 Susan was there giving us advice and helping us with every little detail, things we never would have thought about.
    The food was as absolutely delicious and everyone raved about the paella, the presentation alone is spectacular.
    I don' t think I could have been more relaxed on the day of our wedding because I knew Susan and Crystal were taking care of everything. At the end of the day my husband and I both said we could not have asked for anything more, everything exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend Susan and the everyone at Catering by Roberts. Very professional, courteous and outstanding service!

Sent on 12/18/2017

pam · Married on 05/06/2017

Susan and her staff were very attentive and acted as good or better than a wedding planner for my daughters wedding. They did everything from centerpieces to cleanup. I would recommend them for any special occasion!!!.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2017

Susan was great! I'm from the area but lived out of state, and to top it off went through a move to another state while I was planning our wedding. Susan was incredibly patient and helpful. She took my ideas and ran with them, as nerdy and spacey as they were. The day of the ceremony went beautifully. The venue was beautiful, and the food was amazing! Oh my God, the paella...everyone loved the paella. Susan will work with you and your budget, you just need to be clear on what is important to you on your day. I cannot recommend the team from Catering by Robert enough!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Tracy · Married on 02/18/2017

Catering by Robert is an all-inclusive catering service that specializes in estate weddings. In addition to providing by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding, this company provided many other services. For example, they handled the table and chair rentals along with beautiful linens to go with them. They set up our ceremony site as well as our reception site, and provided extras such as centerpiece glassware for the reception. As a bride who finds the planning process of a wedding incredibly overwhelming and even stressful, this service was priceless. I worked closely with Susan which was an absolute pleasure. She worked with me to come up with my table setting design and many other details for our big day. She was in contact with my other vendors when planning out our timeline so that everything ran smoothly. Every step of the planning process she was there to answer my questions and ease my mind. I would highly recommend Catering by Robert to anybody for their wedding… Especially one that I’m invited to, because the food really was amazing! Yum!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Alexa · Married on 02/10/2017

Susan and her team are amazing! We just had our wedding at the beginning of February at Villa Adriana. It was absolutely perfect! During the entire wedding planning process, Susan was so attentive and helpful. She was able to give us our dream wedding while staying in the budget! The food was great- we received many compliments on the food and service of the staff. The displays of the food during the reception and cocktail hour were great as well. Reflecting back I could not have imagined planning our wedding without Susan! Catering by Robert is the best!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 02/04/2017

They do it all here and provide the best service. Susan is attentive and responded so quickly to all my questions and concerns. Our wedding day was perfect and they took care of EVERYTHING when it comes to the reception. The have an array of decorations and they provide all the table linens and chair covers. Susan sets up the room and makes it look beautiful. It looked better than I could have imagined!
    And the food was delicious!! All our guests keep talking about how great the food was. The paella was amazing and the staff was so attentive to us.
    They kept the reception running smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about this company. They are truly amazing and very, very affordable for what they do!! I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Vanessa · Married on 01/14/2017

We had such a great experience with Catering by Robert. From planning out all the important details to tastings and designing our wedding guest tables, Susan and Rita were so helpful and amazing. All of our guests loved the food! The event space looked amazing and Susan did an amazing job making it just how I wanted it to look. They also took care of all the details during the reception so there was no need to worry about anything. I would definitely recommend and use Catering by Robert!

Sent on 02/23/2017