Catering by Rich Reviews

85 | Philadelphia, PA

85 Reviews for Catering by Rich

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2012

Hands down, Rich is one of the easiest people to work with. He has such a great attitude and you feel like he really cares about doing a good job. No fuss, no headaches.

We wanted good food at our wedding, but we also didn't want to pay insane prices. After a lot of research, we found Rich. He invited us for a tasting, and we were really impressed with how delicious the food was and that it was still affordable. Hiring him for our wedding was a no-brainer.

He took the time to visit our venue and really go through all of the details with us and the venue contact, which gave me peace of mind. Not only did he serve delicious food at our wedding, but his entire staff was incredibly efficient, professional, and helpful. They helped to set up and clean up afterwards - they went above and beyond to make sure that the entire event went smoothly from start to finish. Everything went off without a hitch.

This will not be the last time that I work with Rich!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Joan · Married on 09/19/2009

The food was a hit at the reception!! The biggest problem was that the food was so good our guests went back for more!!! Menu choices and price allowed us to upgrade some of the meals. My tongue was watering at the descriptions of the selections. Rich worked well with our staff at setting up and came all the way to Wildwood. Had a tasting prior to booking. Very professional and curtious. 5 Star service. We have many neice and nephews growing up and we would use Rich for our next party. His # and e-mail will be saved. Thank you Rich. Sincerely JWG

Sent on 09/24/2009

Rebecca · Married on 09/02/2018

If anyone knows wedding catering it's Catering by Rich. Last year Rich's team did 50+ weddings and it shows in their flawless execution on wedding day. I asked a LOT of questions from our first meeting in his home for a tasting and over the course of the year leading up to our wedding...Rich never once made me feel like my questions, concerns or thoughts were not valid or valued.

Rich was extremely flexible in letting us customize a selection of passed hors-d'oeuvres from various pricing tiers and allowed us to make a few modifications to the salad we had selected. Everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about the food from the sushi and bacon wrapped shrimp at cocktail hour to the pork and chicken we selected for dinner - funny enough the one thing everyone noted was how delicious his smashed red potatoes were. During cocktail hour I took a peek into the reception space to see Steve (Rich's front-of-house commander) and his army of catering staff moving tables around, delicately arranging place settings, all while stopping to tell me how beautiful our ceremony was. You can tell his team cares immensely about ensuring things run smoothly for their clients, it was really touching to see. Meals arrived at tables steaming hot and beautifully presented, the bartenders were busy all night, and everyone had a smile on their face when our drunk officiant started dancing with the kitchen team toward the end of the night - they're truly good sports.

If I could nitpick and find one qualm it was Rich's response time to emails I sent - I work for a company that works at a very rapid pace, I need to learn to chill sometimes outside of the office. His responses were always thorough and polite, his pricing is incredibly transparent and I will absolutely be calling him for future family events.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Jillian · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing value. People talked about the food for weeks after the wedding. Rich and his staff made sure everything was perfect and moved smoothly through the planning process and the day itself! This is my first recommendation to ANYONE looking for a caterer.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Brooke · Married on 06/19/2010

Service was great!! Rich catered at wedding at my parents' house. He was great, setting up a tasting, and coming by for two walk-through's prior to the day. The day of, he was there right on time and worked through the night to make the event a success. He answered all my emails and was available by phone whenever I needed to talk to him. He handled several 'snafoos' the day of the event (not enough of silverware, etc.) with calmness. All in all, we were extremely satisfied with the service and the price!

Sent on 07/06/2010

Erica · Married on 08/26/2017

3.5

Rich and his amazing team are top notch! Rich knows weddings and everything went so smoothly on our wedding day under his watchful eye! His staff are so friendly and attentive and made sure the bridal party had food and beverages. Our guests could not stop raving about how delicious the food was! It tasted exactly like it did at our tasting and it was soooo yummy! Everyone says you don't get to eat at your wedding, but with Rich and his team we did! !!!! You can't beat the quality, service and value of Catering by Rich!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Lauren Eireni · Married on 07/30/2011

Our wedding would not have been possible without Rich and his staff. They did such an amazing job at our wedding on July 30, 2011, responding to emails and phone calls as we planned our wedding in South Jersey while living in Boston. Our tasting indicated how delicious the food was, and Rich made us and our family feel so at ease the day of. His bartenders did an excellent job with drinks, and everyone is still raving about how delicious the salmon and hors d'oeuvres were. He worked with us on all of our special requests and last minute changes, and the value of the food and service made it so that we could have the number of guests we wanted without breaking the bank. We will recommend Rich to all of our friends and family, and to future brides & grooms!

Lauren & Douglas Schairer
    July 30th wedding in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Sent on 08/25/2011
  • W

carolyn · Married on 06/25/2011

Rich and his staff were very friendly, efficient, and helped make everything run smoothly. He was very flexible and open to ideas to help us save money. The location we used had great things to say about them as well and how courteous they were. The food was great, guests kept coming back for more, and I loved having so many options to pick from. I would definitely use them again for an event.

Sent on 08/25/2011

Catering by RIch was absolutely amazing! I am so happy that we choose Rich and his team for our Wedding Catering. His staff was professional, nice and so accommodating. They made sure that my husband and I were also well taken care of (apps, drinks, dinner, etc) while maintaining great service for our guests. The food was phenomenal! His menu of options to choose from will not disappoint! There is literally something for everyone! He even was able to do a special app request of mozzarella sticks for us for happy hour : ) RIch made sure that my husband and I got exactly what we wanted our wedding menu to be and for the mist amazing price! He is the best value around and I will definitely be using him again for upcoming family functions. Thank you Rich + team!

Sent on 01/10/2017

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0

Initially, we were excited to utilize the services due to catering cost (very economical). Unfortunately, we-bride, groom and wedding party were only served 3 chicken quesadillas to share amongst 11 people after the 1 hour cocktail hour. Please note, the wedding started late BUT we were gone for exactly 1 hour to take pics while cocktail hour was provided for our guest. This was confirmed by Wedding Planner/Decorator yet when I emailed the owner of Catering by Rich to discuss my concerns and grievances, I was told that his staff served my guest for over an hour during cocktail hour. Moreover, the wedding planner he (Catering by Rich) recommended to me forgot to bring the hors d'oeuvres/ appetizers out to the head table. My question, "When the wedding planner/decorator turn into his catering staff?" In addition, we paid for full appetizers for 175 guest; there was not enough plates; food for our guest. The staff cut our wedding cake into hunks to serve 2-3 people per slice . In addition, the staff took our food and cake home yet we were told by the owner that the food sat too long on the sternos since our wedding started late. I am grateful for the service and task that this catering company was able to complete yet I would not recommend their services to anyone. The caterer has agreed to a portion of a refund. For future brides and grooms just be careful.

Sent on 08/22/2015