Catering by Rich Reviews

80 | Philadelphia, PA

80 Reviews for Catering by Rich

80 Catering by Rich Reviews

Katy · Married on 05/19/2018

Although my sister had used Catering by Rich and raved about how great he was, my husband and I wanted to explore all of our options before automatically signing on with Rich and team. We quickly realized that Rich was not only the most reasonable in pricing compared to other vendors, but his experience and industry knowledge was far superior, too.

Rich is flexible and understanding and was willing to work with us on every request. We were confident we were in good hands throughout the entire process and all of Rich's servers and managers were so friendly, courteous and professional. Our DJ even sent a note to say how great our caterer was. The food was super delicious and I heard so many compliments throughout the night! We recommend Rich to all of our friends and family.

Robert · Married on 11/12/2017

Catering by Rich catered our wedding and we are so happy he did. Rich and his staff are the best. The food, amazing, the staff, so professional. Every guest that we talked too, commented on how great the food was. From the tasting to the wedding day, Rich was there, answering all our questions and putting us at ease. The day of the wedding ran flawlessly. Rich’s right hand man Scott was awesome too!

• Jason

Jason · Married on 11/05/2017

Rich's food was very tasty! We met Rich in his home for a private tasting to select our dishes, which was an enjoyable experience. Then between our tasting and the wedding, we hashed out our details. Communication was a bit slow for our preference, but the end result came together perfectly. Rich's staff was very kind and his maître d' was great! Rich was also very accommodating for special request dishes for some guests who were vegan.

Leah · Married on 09/09/2017

Food was delicious, we got so many compliments from our guests on how good the food was. Rich was very responsive and accommodating, a wonderful guy to work with. He really made the entire day come together. No regrets choosing Rich to cater our wedding.

Kate · Married on 06/30/2017

Rich and his staff were absolutely fantastic. The food was amazing- I got rave reviews from my guests and it was so affordable. Rich was accommodating, so nice and a great resource. The staff was great too. I couldn't say enough great things about Catering by Rich. I will definitely use him again!

Catherine · Married on 06/17/2017

Rich was everything I could have asked for in a caterer and more! He was unbeatable in value and his food was excellent. For our tasting, Rich invited us to his home and fed us an amazing meal. He promised us that 250 people could get through a buffet line and eat in 1 hour, and he did it! Not only did Rich feed our guests, he also brought bartenders, made our signature drink, set up all of the centerpieces, and even went above and beyond by setting up some extra decor items. There was a tiny window of sunlight during a day of rain, and Rich's servers dried off our ceremony chairs so that we could have the outdoor ceremony of our dreams. Rich and his staff were so friendly and accommodating, his maître d' made sure my husband and I were fed and happy, and even coordinated the cake cutting photos. The bartenders were so efficient, there was never a line for drinks, even with such a big party.

Lisa · Married on 12/17/2016

Catering by Rich catered our wedding and it was the best choice we ever could of made! My family are foodies and loved it so much, they are hoping someone else in the family gets married, so they can eat Rich's food again. I can't thank Rich and his staff enough for making our day wonderful. I highly recommend Catering by Rich.

T · Married on 12/10/2016

Catering by Rich was fantastic! We did our food tasting before we booked Rich and the food was the same quality (if not better) at the wedding. Rich was very helpful during the planning process and provided timely communication as well as invaluable guidance (he was very straightforward and did not tell us to order things that he knew we would not need). We did not think our venue could accommodate ice cream, but Rich knew how much my mom wanted it, so he was able to get it for the wedding. Rich and his staff exceeded our expectations- they ensured the venue was ready when we arrived (setting up place cards, favors, etc) as well as packed up everything at the end of the evening. At the wedding, the service was fantastic- at the close of cocktail hour, I finally made my way to the food (I loved how the cheese was labeled with the country of origin!), but it was mostly cleaned up, but the servers offered to make me a plate of food. Scott kept us on track during the evening by providing a timeline and checking in with us during the evening to remind us of each milestone. The food was simply amazing! During the wedding and since the wedding we've received many compliments on how great the food was. Rich provided great food and service at a great value! Rich will be my first and only call for additional catering needs!

Misty · Married on 10/15/2016

Catering by Rich did a wonderful job for my wedding . The food was amazing , everyone loved the food. I had guests tell me this was one of the best wedding food they ever had. The price was very reasonable. I highly recommend catering by Rich.

kellie · Married on 09/17/2016

Catering by Rich did a wonderful job on my wedding September 2016. All my guest are still talking about the food and how delicious it was, I would highly recommend catering by rich. Price was reasonable and you get a lot for your money. And I have 60+ guest

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Working with Catering by Rich was a true pleasure and made our day even more enjoyable. Rich was so easy to work with us and was there to help every step of the way. His catering staff was kind, helpful, professional, hard working, and very diligent. The food was stellar. Guests came up to us all night to tell us how delicious their meal was. My husband and I could not have asked for better people to work with from the food, to chairs, tables, linens, setting up our ceremony site and reception area. Everything was perfect and the most reasonable price out there. If you work with them you surely will not be disappointed!

Larissa · Married on 05/21/2016

Rich was professional, invested and his food was DELICIOUS. He did everything from cooking, to setting up chairs and tables, to arranging center pieces and place cards. I am so thankful for Rich and his team!!

jamie · Married on 09/19/2015

Where do I start? Do you know how many guests said "THIS WAS THE BEST WEDDING FOOD I EVER HAD?" A lot! This meant so much to my husband and I because we didn't want "ok" food. To top it off, they pulled off amazing food at an outdoor wedding. Rich is literally the nicest guy you will ever meet...and talk about a Fair price! I will recommend him to every bride I know because he made our wedding day unforgettable. Thank you Rich & Co.!!!

Jamie & Dennis Hill

Michael · Married on 09/04/2015

We chose Catering by Rich to cater our wedding and what great choice it was. We couldn't have been happier. We had so many of our guests tell us how great the food was. Rich and his staff were very attentive and on top of everything. It made our day so stress free. Rich even packed up dinners for us to go, so we could eat later at the hotel, since we didn't get a chance to eat much at the wedding. What a great guy!
    I just wanted to thank Rich and his staff for doing such an amazing job on our wedding day. I would recommend them to any bride and groom!

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Catering by Rich catered our wedding this past Friday. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. Rich and his staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend Catering by Rich!

Anthony · Married on 08/14/2015

They were absolutely wonderful.
    We had a flawless day Rich him self was always reachable and extremely helpful. Not expensive and the food was perfect.
    I will definitely hire them for any and all of my events.
    My wife love them!!!!

Excellent service

I absolutely love this team. Rich, Scott and the rest of the team were very helpful, professional, kind, and fun. The food was EXCELLENT!!!! There service was PERFECT. From the beginning to the end, I had total confidence in Rich. I can not wait until the next event. They will be my only choice for catering. Thanks guys.

Chris · Married on 07/18/2015

Not a bride or groom. I own a DJ Company and had the privilege of working with Rich at a wedding this past weekend. I have done a lot of weddings and worked with a lot of different caterers. Rich and his staff were top notch. Absolutely the best and on top of there game. When the photographer had the bride and groom running late for dinner, Rich and his staff were concerned about the freshness of the food and making sure it stayed perfect. When it came time to eat, the food was phenomenal. Well organized, extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Rich!

Rich was the caterer for our wedding this past July and he was amazing! He is so easy to work with and was the only caterer we could find who had flexible and reasonable packages! Our guests are still raving about the food!!!

• Tara

Tara · Married on 05/16/2015

I can't say enough about Rich. He was amazing since day 1. He answered all of my questions and gave me great advice on how I should do things. I never planned a wedding so I had no idea how things were done. He never tried to spend my money or overcharge us for things. He told me what I needed and what I didn't need. Our wedding day was truly amazing because of him. His courteous staff and bartenders did a top notch job and the food was delicious. My guests are still talking about it. His prices can't be beat and he is so professional. Weddings are so expensive but if you use Rich he can work with any budget. You can't go wrong with Rich.

Kerri · Married on 05/02/2015

Rich and his team did such an amazing job at my outside wedding ! The food was outstanding, no one could get over the fact that it was buffet usually buffet are dried out not so in this case . I truly can't say enough !

Dan · Married on 04/18/2015

Rich and his team were fantastic to work with. Exceeded our expectations in every way from the first meeting to the big day, the food was delicious and many of our guests said it was the nicest they'd ever had at a wedding, the professionalism and efficiency Rich and his team of staff ensured the day was perfect. I couldn't recommend his company highly enough. It was certainly much more reasonable than many others we looked at but the quality absolutely spot on. He was extremely responsive and attentive to our every question (and there were many!) and need, both in terms of the menu and the overall logistics. A consummate professional - Rich and his team hit it out of the park for us on our big day and we couldn't be happier.

Lindsay · Married on 04/11/2015

Rich and his crew were absolutely amazing at our wedding! When we first got in touch with Rich, he invited us to his house for a tasting, and the food was fantastic. The best part was that the food was just as delicious on our wedding day- everyone was raving about the food- especially the stuffed shells! Rich's Catering is hands down the MOST affordable, and MOST delicious food you can ask for for any event you're hosting. On top of that, Rich and his staff were great to work with throughout the entire planning process, and they helped make our wedding day exactly what we imagined. We absolutely recommend using Rich's Catering for your wedding- you will not be disappointed!

Khara · Married on 12/13/2014

I can't say enough positive things about the owner Rich and his floor mgr and wonderful staff...The food was absolutely wonderful, inexpensive but the quality of the food makes you feel as if you paid so much more completely worth every penny and more. I will definitely come back to Rich for future events that I have.

Julianne · Married on 08/01/2014

We hired Catering by Rich for our recent wedding were told by all our guests that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Absolutely delicious!

Rich is incredibly flexible and was very matter of fact when it came to the essentials for wedding catering. During my tasting, we talked about my venue and what he has been seeing at weddings. One of the things that stood out, aside from the fantastic food, was that Rich steered me away from expensive hot h'ordoerves and champagne toasts and he was completely right! We stuck with h'ordoerve stations and a basic wine and beer bar and all our guests were satisfied and happy! My husband is from Texas and Rich was able to work with us to make our menu more southwestern while still keeping with our garden wedding theme. He created a salsa bar for during our cocktail hour that was fantastic!

The food at our wedding was delicious! We ended up going with the Santa Fe Steak, Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango Salsa, and Tortellini Romano. Everything was served hot and most guests went back for seconds. Rich also made sure to serve myself and my husband first before inviting guests to the buffet so we were able to enjoy our food during our wedding before being bombarded by guests. One of his staff was attached to us specifically to make sure we had all we needed throughout the night!

Our venue was an unconventional venue in that guests were seated in multiple rooms as opposed to a ballroom setup. Rich was fantastic in working with us and our DJ to figure out a setup and timeline that worked best given these restraints. He was always willing to jump on a phone call or respond to any of my million questions. We had a garden wedding and Rich was even willing to spray the back gardens to relieve some of the gnats that would be present. Definitely a caterer that will go above and beyond and provides great service!