Catering by Rich Reviews

86 | Philadelphia, PA

86 Reviews for Catering by Rich

Beth · Married on 09/07/2019

Incredible, Amazing, Perfection

One of the best decisions we made during wedding planning was hiring Catering By Rich for our wedding. Don't be confused by his simple website design or prices that feel to low to be real. Rich is a down to earth guy that loves what he does and does it with perfection. The food was incredible, the staff he brought with him were professional, the advice he provided was sound and the entire experience working with him could not have been better. A week later and we are still getting texts about our food and how delicious it was. We would not hesitate to hire Rich again for any party, big or small. You will not be sorry!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Kristen Kolody · Married on 06/21/2019

Bride/Groom

Amazing food and staff!!!! Everyone on Rich’s staff was so accommodating and nice. The food was amazing my guest did not stop raving all night!!! Rich was professional and a calming force. Reasonable prices

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious food, excellent service, super affordable!!

Rich was a lifesaver. We had no idea how we were going to afford the wedding of our dreams, but Rich made it happen! He actually stayed in our budget and helped us pick the most delicious food. We got so many compliments on everything. The servers were amazing on the day of, and they always made sure things were running smoothly. It is rare to find a caterer who is so upfront about the cost, and who actually wants to fit everything into your budget. If you are looking for delicious food that doesn't break the bank, Rich is the guy for you.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Sean Morgan · Married on 05/24/2019

Rich is amazing!

He worked within our budget and gave us a great deal. Great service, staff and food. I highly recommend Rich!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Susan · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious!

Very happy with our entire experience with Catering by Rich. Lots of choices, all delicious and affordable. Rich even hosted a tasting at his home for my daughter and her fiancé, which really helped them to make choices. The staff (Rich’s employees) was extremely pleasant, helpful and professional!
    Our guests commented on the appetizers and the entrees, saying how much they enjoyed both. They loved the buffet style because of the choices given and many went back for seconds!
    I would definitely recommend Catering by Rich for any event.

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • User2618352 · Recently married

Wedding 11-2

As a bride putting the most important part of your wedding day in the hands of someone else is terrifying. I can say with 100% rich and his staff lived up to every expectation we had. From the tasting in his own home to the day of the wedding he was friendly, professional and so knowledgeable. He knew I was having a hard time Trying to visual the floor plan so he met us at the venue just to make sure I felt confident with the floor plan. I can not say enough great things about rich.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Katy · Married on 05/19/2018

Although my sister had used Catering by Rich and raved about how great he was, my husband and I wanted to explore all of our options before automatically signing on with Rich and team. We quickly realized that Rich was not only the most reasonable in pricing compared to other vendors, but his experience and industry knowledge was far superior, too.

Rich is flexible and understanding and was willing to work with us on every request. We were confident we were in good hands throughout the entire process and all of Rich's servers and managers were so friendly, courteous and professional. Our DJ even sent a note to say how great our caterer was. The food was super delicious and I heard so many compliments throughout the night! We recommend Rich to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Robert · Married on 11/12/2017

Catering by Rich catered our wedding and we are so happy he did. Rich and his staff are the best. The food, amazing, the staff, so professional. Every guest that we talked too, commented on how great the food was. From the tasting to the wedding day, Rich was there, answering all our questions and putting us at ease. The day of the wedding ran flawlessly. Rich’s right hand man Scott was awesome too!

Sent on 11/14/2017
  • Jason

Jason · Married on 11/05/2017

Rich's food was very tasty! We met Rich in his home for a private tasting to select our dishes, which was an enjoyable experience. Then between our tasting and the wedding, we hashed out our details. Communication was a bit slow for our preference, but the end result came together perfectly. Rich's staff was very kind and his maître d' was great! Rich was also very accommodating for special request dishes for some guests who were vegan.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Leah · Married on 09/09/2017

Food was delicious, we got so many compliments from our guests on how good the food was. Rich was very responsive and accommodating, a wonderful guy to work with. He really made the entire day come together. No regrets choosing Rich to cater our wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Kate · Married on 06/30/2017

Rich and his staff were absolutely fantastic. The food was amazing- I got rave reviews from my guests and it was so affordable. Rich was accommodating, so nice and a great resource. The staff was great too. I couldn't say enough great things about Catering by Rich. I will definitely use him again!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Catherine · Married on 06/17/2017

Rich was everything I could have asked for in a caterer and more! He was unbeatable in value and his food was excellent. For our tasting, Rich invited us to his home and fed us an amazing meal. He promised us that 250 people could get through a buffet line and eat in 1 hour, and he did it! Not only did Rich feed our guests, he also brought bartenders, made our signature drink, set up all of the centerpieces, and even went above and beyond by setting up some extra decor items. There was a tiny window of sunlight during a day of rain, and Rich's servers dried off our ceremony chairs so that we could have the outdoor ceremony of our dreams. Rich and his staff were so friendly and accommodating, his maître d' made sure my husband and I were fed and happy, and even coordinated the cake cutting photos. The bartenders were so efficient, there was never a line for drinks, even with such a big party.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Lisa · Married on 12/17/2016

Catering by Rich catered our wedding and it was the best choice we ever could of made! My family are foodies and loved it so much, they are hoping someone else in the family gets married, so they can eat Rich's food again. I can't thank Rich and his staff enough for making our day wonderful. I highly recommend Catering by Rich.

Sent on 01/01/2017

T · Married on 12/10/2016

Catering by Rich was fantastic! We did our food tasting before we booked Rich and the food was the same quality (if not better) at the wedding. Rich was very helpful during the planning process and provided timely communication as well as invaluable guidance (he was very straightforward and did not tell us to order things that he knew we would not need). We did not think our venue could accommodate ice cream, but Rich knew how much my mom wanted it, so he was able to get it for the wedding. Rich and his staff exceeded our expectations- they ensured the venue was ready when we arrived (setting up place cards, favors, etc) as well as packed up everything at the end of the evening. At the wedding, the service was fantastic- at the close of cocktail hour, I finally made my way to the food (I loved how the cheese was labeled with the country of origin!), but it was mostly cleaned up, but the servers offered to make me a plate of food. Scott kept us on track during the evening by providing a timeline and checking in with us during the evening to remind us of each milestone. The food was simply amazing! During the wedding and since the wedding we've received many compliments on how great the food was. Rich provided great food and service at a great value! Rich will be my first and only call for additional catering needs!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Misty · Married on 10/15/2016

Catering by Rich did a wonderful job for my wedding . The food was amazing , everyone loved the food. I had guests tell me this was one of the best wedding food they ever had. The price was very reasonable. I highly recommend catering by Rich.

Sent on 11/27/2016

kellie · Married on 09/17/2016

Catering by Rich did a wonderful job on my wedding September 2016. All my guest are still talking about the food and how delicious it was, I would highly recommend catering by rich. Price was reasonable and you get a lot for your money. And I have 60+ guest

Sent on 10/13/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Working with Catering by Rich was a true pleasure and made our day even more enjoyable. Rich was so easy to work with us and was there to help every step of the way. His catering staff was kind, helpful, professional, hard working, and very diligent. The food was stellar. Guests came up to us all night to tell us how delicious their meal was. My husband and I could not have asked for better people to work with from the food, to chairs, tables, linens, setting up our ceremony site and reception area. Everything was perfect and the most reasonable price out there. If you work with them you surely will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Larissa · Married on 05/21/2016

Rich was professional, invested and his food was DELICIOUS. He did everything from cooking, to setting up chairs and tables, to arranging center pieces and place cards. I am so thankful for Rich and his team!!

Sent on 05/28/2016

jamie · Married on 09/19/2015

Where do I start? Do you know how many guests said "THIS WAS THE BEST WEDDING FOOD I EVER HAD?" A lot! This meant so much to my husband and I because we didn't want "ok" food. To top it off, they pulled off amazing food at an outdoor wedding. Rich is literally the nicest guy you will ever meet...and talk about a Fair price! I will recommend him to every bride I know because he made our wedding day unforgettable. Thank you Rich & Co.!!!

Jamie & Dennis Hill

Sent on 10/15/2015

Michael · Married on 09/04/2015

We chose Catering by Rich to cater our wedding and what great choice it was. We couldn't have been happier. We had so many of our guests tell us how great the food was. Rich and his staff were very attentive and on top of everything. It made our day so stress free. Rich even packed up dinners for us to go, so we could eat later at the hotel, since we didn't get a chance to eat much at the wedding. What a great guy!
    I just wanted to thank Rich and his staff for doing such an amazing job on our wedding day. I would recommend them to any bride and groom!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Catering by Rich catered our wedding this past Friday. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. Rich and his staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend Catering by Rich!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Anthony · Married on 08/14/2015

They were absolutely wonderful.
    We had a flawless day Rich him self was always reachable and extremely helpful. Not expensive and the food was perfect.
    I will definitely hire them for any and all of my events.
    My wife love them!!!!

Excellent service

Sent on 08/27/2015

I absolutely love this team. Rich, Scott and the rest of the team were very helpful, professional, kind, and fun. The food was EXCELLENT!!!! There service was PERFECT. From the beginning to the end, I had total confidence in Rich. I can not wait until the next event. They will be my only choice for catering. Thanks guys.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Chris · Married on 07/18/2015

Not a bride or groom. I own a DJ Company and had the privilege of working with Rich at a wedding this past weekend. I have done a lot of weddings and worked with a lot of different caterers. Rich and his staff were top notch. Absolutely the best and on top of there game. When the photographer had the bride and groom running late for dinner, Rich and his staff were concerned about the freshness of the food and making sure it stayed perfect. When it came time to eat, the food was phenomenal. Well organized, extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Rich!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Rich was the caterer for our wedding this past July and he was amazing! He is so easy to work with and was the only caterer we could find who had flexible and reasonable packages! Our guests are still raving about the food!!!

Sent on 08/05/2015