Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Angela
    Angela V. Married on 01/18/2022

Wonderful food and great service

Green turtle and kaiyo grill catered our wedding on a chartered boat. They were prompt and organized. They food was amazing! However I was really impressed with the staff the day of the event. Elena was wonderful and made sure all of our guests were taken care of and full!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy we were able to be part of your beautiful celebration! Best wishes to you both for a long and happy marriage!
  • Jenni
    Jenni Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing catering!

You will not be disappointed with Green Turtle. From the staff, to the team that they bring, to the food. They went truly above and beyond for us! So much so that we've used them twice over the past year.
    Andre' P. Married on 09/18/2021

Green Machine

I cannot express how wonderful the food, service and the staff were organizing our wedding, everyone was so accommodating above and beyond. We we're married on the 18th of Sept and the guest are still raving about the food. Thank you Elena, Chef Greg and staff for making our wedding meal spectacular we will forever refer the Green Turtle to everyone we know, thanks again!!
  • Tina
    Tina B. Married on 06/30/2021

Amazing Food!

We had both the rehearsal dinner and the ceremony dinner catered by the Green Turtle Inn. The food was amazing and there was so much! The waitstaff for the wedding dinner was very attentive and did a great job. I would highly recommend.
  • Taylor
    Taylor S. Married on 04/18/2021

Best Food Decison We Made

I am so happy that we chose to go with Green Turtle Inn for our rehearsal dinner in Islamorada! They gave us a food truck style Cuban meal that left our guests raving for weeks! Working with them was effortless. They made awesome accommodations for my guests that were vegetarian, and even fulfilled my last minute requests. Since ours was a destination wedding, we had most our guests at the rehearsal dinner and it went off without a problem. It was about a 100 people in total. Green Turtle Inn was a a great choice!
  • Kristen
    Kristen J. Married on 01/30/2021

The best food!

I wanted to bring the keys flavor to my wedding and Green Turtle did just that! What you receive is worth every penny plus more! The moment I knew we were going to have them as our caterer every step was flawless. All questions were answered throughly and details I didn’t think of they brought up. The food of course was exceptional and every guest couldn’t stop talking about their plate. Thank you for such an amazing meal!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you for your kind words; we had a blast planning with you !
    We wish you and Brian the best life together and please, keep in touch . You are part of Green Turtle and Kaiyo Grill family now !
    Mat H. Married on 10/10/2020

Best caterers in the upper Keys!

The Green Turtle catered our wedding this weekend and the care they put into making sure that our night was special was unmatched. The food was spectacular and the service was perfect. I would recommend them to anyone having an event!!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of such a special celebration! Best wishes to you both for a happy marriage!
    Jen P. Married on 06/20/2020

Married in Marathon

I cannot express how much we loved working with Elena and team. This was a 10 month process with Covid 19 restrictions thrown in the middle of planning it. We were not sure the Keys would open back up in time, we had to change our plan from a buffet style to plated meal 3 weeks before the wedding, and change some of the menu items. But they pulled it off, with all of our guests raving how delicious their meal was. Service was excellent and a good time was had by all. Thank you for a beautiful evening.
    Jen and Tim

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you Jen and Tim ! I loved working with you.
    I hope you come back for your anniversary ;)
    Lots of love !
  • Jessica
    Jessica C. Married on 05/01/2020

The food was amazing and service as fantastic

If you are planning a wedding or event in the Keys , we highly recommend Green Turtle Inn an Kaiyo Grill. they are absolutely professional , detail oriented and flexible to our southern based food requests and despite of changing the date twice due to Covid-19 restrictions and guests cancelling, they managed everything in the best way possible .
  • Amber
    Amber L. Married on 02/15/2020

Delicious food!

We had Green Turtle cater our wedding and it was phenomenal! From day one, they were a pleasure to work with and did everything they could to provide everything we wanted within our budget! The food was fantastic and they were very professional. Highly recommend!
  • Katia
    Katia T. Married on 02/07/2020

"Dream Food" offerings realized!

I am so grateful for the work Elena, the catering director, did in making my not typical food selections a possibility! It was amazing. We worked with the GM, and chef to plan out what could realistically be done within our budget and boy did they deliver. The planning and execution of my eco-friendly zero waste wedding was also done seamlessly. Thankful for the green machine being a giant mobile kitchen that provided endless hot food at our outdoor venue. Highly recommend Elena and her team!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you so much Katia. I loved working and being a part of your special day .
    Best wishes, I hope I can see you for your anniversary :)
  • Brandon
    Brandon T. Married on 02/07/2020

great looking, tasting food great communication

Elena was our contact and was extremely helpful I creating a menu that they do not typically offer. The entrees were particularly important to us so we coordinated with the chef's to plan out our perfect reception dinner. The service was great throughout the entire party from pre-ceremony all the way to tear down. The guests are still raving about the food that was served.Working and planning with Elena and the Green Turtle Catering Team was great but what was even better were the RESULTS! The food tasted amazing and what was so great about the entrees was that they helped collaborate to make our ideal meals! People are still raving about the food and the cold cuts provided. The set up was very fast the communication between staff and the coordination Meghan Farrar from FarrEver After Events was so smooth. As the Bride I was hardly even approached because they fixed any and all issues themselves and I was none the wiser AKA YASS! The "Green Machine" (food truck) ensured the food was hot and cooked on site which is so important when feeding over 100. I am so thankful for this team and the service they provided as our standards are from being in the industry and we were not let down!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you so much Brandon for choosing our services ! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day!!!
    Eun D. Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing Quality

Elina and her team was amazing! The food was to die for.....
    We still have people talking about quality of food and service provided.
    The experience we had with Green Turtle was extraordinary! Made my wedding day perfect!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you Gina and Daniel for sharing your special day with us, It was a pleasure !!!
    We truly appreciate your feedback :)
    Krystle Married on 11/09/2019

So delicious

Elena with the Green Turtle was so amazing to work with from day one. Very professional and easy to work with. We had so many compliments from our guests about our food and how good it was. I highly recommend Elena and the green turtle for any event you need catered.
    Helen H. Married on 07/02/2019

Highly recommend--great food and excellent staff

Green Turtle Inn catered my daughter's wedding July 2, 2019. From the moment we went to Green Turtle Inn for a tasting in March to the wedding dinner in July, we knew we had found a very special place and group of people. The food was delicious, the service great. Elena, who handled our event, listened carefully to what we wanted and followed through with grace and efficiency. The two other staff members at our event were so caring and made sure we had everything we needed. Green Turtle Inn contributed to making my daughter's wedding extraordinarily wonderful. I highly recommend.
    Patti Married on 05/25/2019

Above excellent

We had our daughters wedding in May in Key Largo. The Green Turtle catered a 3 day event and it was outstanding. We could not find fault with anything. Their food was amazing, the staff also amazing! We can not thank them enough, and we are from Pennsylvania so everything was done via email and a visit to them once! We highly recommend this great establishment!
    Sarah Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing food and Service

The staff at the Green Turtle, especially Elena, were absolutely amazing! My fiancé and I and our guest do not have enough great this to say about the food and service Green Turtle provided! They were involved and available every step of the way, helped with the cost of everything, and worked with us on last minute changes. They made our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and morning after brunch so memorable it meant the the world to us! The food is incredible! Highly recommend!
  • Patricia
    Patricia L. Married on 05/24/2019

Good food, Good service

Green turtle inn and Kaiyo grill was amazing!!! I am so grateful for all the work Elena has done with us. Their staff was so helpful, friendly and accommodating. Their food was absolutely delicious. We had for appetizers tuna nachos, conch fritter/of course :), crab cakes and the pretzel bar for late night snack was amazing . Our guests loved the food. We loved the entire experience with catering by Green Turtle and Kaiyo !
    Toussaint Married on 01/26/2019

It was a pleasure

The team was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding. We had to make changes to the venue because of weather and everything was seamless. We highly recommend the team at Green turtle.
    Kara Married on 05/27/2017
    I don't think words can explain how happy my husband and I were with Amanda at Green Turtle inn catering our wedding. They made everything super easy and affordable compared to others in the area. We decided to have Green Turtle Inn cater our wedding when my husband and I went for dinner one night while scoping out Islamorada for our wedding. We both looked at each other while eating our á la sid and agreed that that meal would be served in heaven. At our reception we had multiple guests approach us who said that they have eaten tuna fish nachos all over the world and Green Turtle's were the best. They bring in their food truck from their sister restaurant and cook the food on site, which makes a huge difference. They were also able to make my husband and I specialty dishes and it was so amazing, my nephew asked why he wasn't having what we were having. But everyone raved about their food and we utilized Green Turtle's bar service with a bartender who served up two specialty cocktails for us. I just wish we lived closer the Green Turtle so that we could eat there whenever we wanted!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Kara!!!! Thank you so much for the amazing words, we had a great time with you and your guests! We would have never had the pleasure if the
    a la Sid didn't capture your heart! And we are so glad it did!
    Jamie Married on 04/29/2017
    One of the big highlights from our wedding was the DELICIOUS food. We are familiar with Islamorada and The Green Turtle is one of the best and most well known restaurants in the area. When we were calling around looking for vendors we were connected with Amanda at The Green Turtle. After our initial meeting, we immediately booked The Green Turtle. We were so impressed with Amanda that we knew we were in great hands. She definitely had a lot of great ideas and made the whole process so easy. We had to bring in all of our vendors which seems scary at first, but since Amanda/ Green Turtle has catered all of the local venues they know exactly what to do. Our guests were raving about the food. Some of the favorites were the tuna appetizer, snapper entrée and of course the lobster mac and cheese. We had passed apps and a buffet and everything went on seamlessly. Thank you so much to Green Turtle and Amanda! We were truly lucky to have you as part of our Wedding Day :-)

You are my "Sunshower"! XOXO
    Crystal Married on 04/08/2017
    Amanda and her team were amazing to work with. Not only was the food delicious during the tasting but also at the wedding. Wedding food, I find can be dry and plain, but not with the Green Turtle Inn! Amanda was helpful and responsive while planning. When we went for the tasting, she advised me that I had too much food on the list and helped me downsize the amount of food for the amount of people we were inviting. It was refreshing to work with a vendor that really wanted to make the day perfect and not over sell their product. Being from the Keys, I can honestly say they are the best caterers for a wedding!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thanks girl! Hope your Peanut Butter and Jelly Sammie helped get you through the Duval Crawl! LOL Beautiful wedding and definitely entertaining family and friends!
    Jizelle Married on 04/03/2017
    My new bride and I chose Green Turtle Inn to cater our destination wedding and it was the best choice we could have made. We were married April 2017 and in March 2016 we decided to take a trip down to the Keys to find our vendors. We had scheduled a few tastings with different caterers but Green Turtle was our first and last stop.
    We were greeted by Amanda (the absolute BEST) who had opened up the restaurant just for our tasting. We met the head chef and tried a range of hors d'oeuvres and entre samples that was enough to fill our tummies for the day!
    Every single bite we had was utterly delectable. So much so that we cancelled our other tastings and booked with Green Turtle immediately. Amanda was accommodating, flexible, helpful and always quick to respond to any questions we had. We got our rentals (lights, linens etc.) through her as well and it was easy and seamless.
    The food was prepared on the spot in their kitchen on wheels (not an eyesore AT ALL, they know just where to park it) The servers were all so efficient, polite and kind. My wife and I made it a point to tell our phenomenal wedding planner (Danielle Day, Coming Up Roses Events) that if we were out of our seats and it looked like our plates were going to be taken away to make sure she saved it for us! The food is THAT GOOD. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about it! Do yourself the favor and book a tasting with Green Turtle Inn today, we promise they won’t disappoint!

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you ladies!!!! We had such a fun day with you and your guests and watching Jizelle's super fly dance moves. LOL Whenever you are in town you better stop in and say hello! Happy Forever from all of us at the Green Turtle!
    Kristyna Married on 03/17/2017
    We were in search of a good place to have our welcome dinner for our friends and family in town for our destination wedding at Cheeca Lodge. We were in town about a year ago checking out potential places. When we walked into the Green Turtle we were able to meet with Amanda, the manager, almost immediately. She was super friendly and suggested having the dinner at the Kaiyo Grill with their catering service (since it was technically closed on Sundays). We thought it was an excellent idea and super convenient for our guests, not to mention great to have the entire place to ourselves. Amanda was very responsive throughout the entire process of menu planning and just planning in general for the night. The prices were very reasonable and everyone commented how great the food was. We even had lots of leftovers to enjoy later. The staff there were also super friendly. Additionally, Amanda went above and beyond with taking care of a flower situation that arose. Overall, this was a great start to our wedding extravaganza and I would without a doubt highly recommend them to others.

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Last Train to Paradise! LOL Please make sure to stop and see me if you guys are ever here, we had such a great time with you guys and your family! One of the best gatherings to date!