Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill Reviews

40 Reviews for Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill

1 User photo

• Brandon

Brandon Taylor · Getting married on 07/02/2020

great looking, tasting food great communication

Elena was our contact and was extremely helpful I creating a menu that they do not typically offer. The entrees were particularly important to us so we coordinated with the chef's to plan out our perfect reception dinner. The service was great throughout the entire party from pre-ceremony all the way to tear down. The guests are still raving about the food that was served.Working and planning with Elena and the Green Turtle Catering Team was great but what was even better were the RESULTS! The food tasted amazing and what was so great about the entrees was that they helped collaborate to make our ideal meals! People are still raving about the food and the cold cuts provided. The set up was very fast the communication between staff and the coordination Meghan Farrar from FarrEver After Events was so smooth. As the Bride I was hardly even approached because they fixed any and all issues themselves and I was none the wiser AKA YASS! The "Green Machine" (food truck) ensured the food was hot and cooked on site which is so important when feeding over 100. I am so thankful for this team and the service they provided as our standards are from being in the industry and we were not let down!

Sent on 02/14/2020

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you so much Brandon for choosing our services ! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day!!!
  • Katia

Katia Taylor · Getting married on 07/02/2020

"Dream Food" offerings realized!

I am so grateful for the work Elena, the catering director, did in making my not typical food selections a possibility! It was amazing. We worked with the GM, and chef to plan out what could realistically be done within our budget and boy did they deliver. The planning and execution of my eco-friendly zero waste wedding was also done seamlessly. Thankful for the green machine being a giant mobile kitchen that provided endless hot food at our outdoor venue. Highly recommend Elena and her team!

Sent on 03/12/2020
  • Amber

Amber Loyd · Married on 02/15/2020

Delicious food!

We had Green Turtle cater our wedding and it was phenomenal! From day one, they were a pleasure to work with and did everything they could to provide everything we wanted within our budget! The food was fantastic and they were very professional. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/22/2020

Eun J Daniel · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing Quality

Elina and her team was amazing! The food was to die for.....
    We still have people talking about quality of food and service provided.
    The experience we had with Green Turtle was extraordinary! Made my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you Gina and Daniel for sharing your special day with us, It was a pleasure !!!
    We truly appreciate your feedback :)

Krystle · Married on 11/09/2019

So delicious

Elena with the Green Turtle was so amazing to work with from day one. Very professional and easy to work with. We had so many compliments from our guests about our food and how good it was. I highly recommend Elena and the green turtle for any event you need catered.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Helen Hoart · Married on 07/02/2019

Highly recommend--great food and excellent staff

Green Turtle Inn catered my daughter's wedding July 2, 2019. From the moment we went to Green Turtle Inn for a tasting in March to the wedding dinner in July, we knew we had found a very special place and group of people. The food was delicious, the service great. Elena, who handled our event, listened carefully to what we wanted and followed through with grace and efficiency. The two other staff members at our event were so caring and made sure we had everything we needed. Green Turtle Inn contributed to making my daughter's wedding extraordinarily wonderful. I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing food and Service

The staff at the Green Turtle, especially Elena, were absolutely amazing! My fiancé and I and our guest do not have enough great this to say about the food and service Green Turtle provided! They were involved and available every step of the way, helped with the cost of everything, and worked with us on last minute changes. They made our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and morning after brunch so memorable it meant the the world to us! The food is incredible! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Patti · Married on 05/25/2019

Above excellent

We had our daughters wedding in May in Key Largo. The Green Turtle catered a 3 day event and it was outstanding. We could not find fault with anything. Their food was amazing, the staff also amazing! We can not thank them enough, and we are from Pennsylvania so everything was done via email and a visit to them once! We highly recommend this great establishment!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia Long · Married on 05/24/2019

Good food, Good service

Green turtle inn and Kaiyo grill was amazing!!! I am so grateful for all the work Elena has done with us. Their staff was so helpful, friendly and accommodating. Their food was absolutely delicious. We had for appetizers tuna nachos, conch fritter/of course :), crab cakes and the pretzel bar for late night snack was amazing . Our guests loved the food. We loved the entire experience with catering by Green Turtle and Kaiyo !

Sent on 06/05/2019

Toussaint · Married on 01/26/2019

It was a pleasure

The team was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding. We had to make changes to the venue because of weather and everything was seamless. We highly recommend the team at Green turtle.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Kara · Married on 05/27/2017

I don't think words can explain how happy my husband and I were with Amanda at Green Turtle inn catering our wedding. They made everything super easy and affordable compared to others in the area. We decided to have Green Turtle Inn cater our wedding when my husband and I went for dinner one night while scoping out Islamorada for our wedding. We both looked at each other while eating our á la sid and agreed that that meal would be served in heaven. At our reception we had multiple guests approach us who said that they have eaten tuna fish nachos all over the world and Green Turtle's were the best. They bring in their food truck from their sister restaurant and cook the food on site, which makes a huge difference. They were also able to make my husband and I specialty dishes and it was so amazing, my nephew asked why he wasn't having what we were having. But everyone raved about their food and we utilized Green Turtle's bar service with a bartender who served up two specialty cocktails for us. I just wish we lived closer the Green Turtle so that we could eat there whenever we wanted!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Kara!!!! Thank you so much for the amazing words, we had a great time with you and your guests! We would have never had the pleasure if the
    a la Sid didn't capture your heart! And we are so glad it did!

Jamie · Married on 04/29/2017

One of the big highlights from our wedding was the DELICIOUS food. We are familiar with Islamorada and The Green Turtle is one of the best and most well known restaurants in the area. When we were calling around looking for vendors we were connected with Amanda at The Green Turtle. After our initial meeting, we immediately booked The Green Turtle. We were so impressed with Amanda that we knew we were in great hands. She definitely had a lot of great ideas and made the whole process so easy. We had to bring in all of our vendors which seems scary at first, but since Amanda/ Green Turtle has catered all of the local venues they know exactly what to do. Our guests were raving about the food. Some of the favorites were the tuna appetizer, snapper entrée and of course the lobster mac and cheese. We had passed apps and a buffet and everything went on seamlessly. Thank you so much to Green Turtle and Amanda! We were truly lucky to have you as part of our Wedding Day :-)

Sent on 06/26/2017

You are my "Sunshower"! XOXO

Crystal · Married on 04/08/2017

Amanda and her team were amazing to work with. Not only was the food delicious during the tasting but also at the wedding. Wedding food, I find can be dry and plain, but not with the Green Turtle Inn! Amanda was helpful and responsive while planning. When we went for the tasting, she advised me that I had too much food on the list and helped me downsize the amount of food for the amount of people we were inviting. It was refreshing to work with a vendor that really wanted to make the day perfect and not over sell their product. Being from the Keys, I can honestly say they are the best caterers for a wedding!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thanks girl! Hope your Peanut Butter and Jelly Sammie helped get you through the Duval Crawl! LOL Beautiful wedding and definitely entertaining family and friends!

Jizelle · Married on 04/03/2017

My new bride and I chose Green Turtle Inn to cater our destination wedding and it was the best choice we could have made. We were married April 2017 and in March 2016 we decided to take a trip down to the Keys to find our vendors. We had scheduled a few tastings with different caterers but Green Turtle was our first and last stop.
    We were greeted by Amanda (the absolute BEST) who had opened up the restaurant just for our tasting. We met the head chef and tried a range of hors d'oeuvres and entre samples that was enough to fill our tummies for the day!
    Every single bite we had was utterly delectable. So much so that we cancelled our other tastings and booked with Green Turtle immediately. Amanda was accommodating, flexible, helpful and always quick to respond to any questions we had. We got our rentals (lights, linens etc.) through her as well and it was easy and seamless.
    The food was prepared on the spot in their kitchen on wheels (not an eyesore AT ALL, they know just where to park it) The servers were all so efficient, polite and kind. My wife and I made it a point to tell our phenomenal wedding planner (Danielle Day, Coming Up Roses Events) that if we were out of our seats and it looked like our plates were going to be taken away to make sure she saved it for us! The food is THAT GOOD. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about it! Do yourself the favor and book a tasting with Green Turtle Inn today, we promise they won’t disappoint!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Thank you ladies!!!! We had such a fun day with you and your guests and watching Jizelle's super fly dance moves. LOL Whenever you are in town you better stop in and say hello! Happy Forever from all of us at the Green Turtle!

Kristyna · Married on 03/17/2017

We were in search of a good place to have our welcome dinner for our friends and family in town for our destination wedding at Cheeca Lodge. We were in town about a year ago checking out potential places. When we walked into the Green Turtle we were able to meet with Amanda, the manager, almost immediately. She was super friendly and suggested having the dinner at the Kaiyo Grill with their catering service (since it was technically closed on Sundays). We thought it was an excellent idea and super convenient for our guests, not to mention great to have the entire place to ourselves. Amanda was very responsive throughout the entire process of menu planning and just planning in general for the night. The prices were very reasonable and everyone commented how great the food was. We even had lots of leftovers to enjoy later. The staff there were also super friendly. Additionally, Amanda went above and beyond with taking care of a flower situation that arose. Overall, this was a great start to our wedding extravaganza and I would without a doubt highly recommend them to others.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Last Train to Paradise! LOL Please make sure to stop and see me if you guys are ever here, we had such a great time with you guys and your family! One of the best gatherings to date!

Leah · Married on 01/21/2017

AMAZING. Amanda and her team are spectacular. The food, the professionalism, the patience, everything. My guests couldn't stop raving how good the food is. Truly a wonderful experience. Used green turtle for both rehearsal and wedding catering and I was throughly impressed as always with them. Highly recommend using them for all your event needs.

Sent on 01/22/2017

McKenzie · Married on 09/03/2016

Green Turtle Catering (Amanda) was my favorite vendor to work with during my wedding planning process but more important than that - the food and services provided were AMAZING! Loved that they cooked the food fresh onsite, had gluten free options and were accommodating & flexible with the menu. The food was outstanding , only wish they had left us the leftovers!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Amanda is amazing! This girl is truly one of a kind! She is ready for anything and makes it all look so easy. The Green Turtles food is amazing. Alto f my guests told me that it was the best wedding food that they ever had. I did my rehearsal at Green Turtle an then Green Turtle also catered the wedding and a brunch the following morning. Everything tasted amazing. Amanda is very organized and always has everything under control! SHE IS THE BEST!!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

Amanda and everyone at Green Turtle was so great and responsive during the planning process for our wedding reception. They were accommodating every step of the way. Day-of the food was great and we loved the key lime pie display they set up for our dessert table :) They worked with our wedding planner to help with set-up and made everything so stress free for us. We would definitely recommend them to a friend! I think the value for services provided was great. We were working on a modest (in wedding terms) budget and it didn't feel like we skimped anywhere.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Lulu · Married on 04/23/2016

FABULOUS!!!! Let me start by saying that I called 5 different caterers in the Keys and Amanda at Green Turtle/Kaiyo Grille was the only one who followed through. I'm glad she did!! Working with her was a breeze. She's on top of all of the details and knows her stuff. We came right in on budget while creating a lovely, Keys elegant party. We had a cocktail reception and chose to have the food prepared on site and passed around by servers. Our servers, June and Katie were so wonderful and efficient. They set everything up beautifully and kept things running as they passed the hors d'oeuvres, kept the bar stocked and cleaned as they went along. The food was fresh and delicious..just as it was at the tasting. Many people remarked at how lovely the party was. It was all I was hoping for and more!! I'm a happy bride!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Paige · Married on 04/16/2016

What an amazing weekend! We LOVED working with Green Turtle for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding night! Amanda was extremely professional and she was always available when I had any questions!! The food is AMAZING and we highly recommend. Our wedding was a dream come true and we cannot thank Green Turtle enough for everything they did to make our weekend perfect! Thank you!

Sent on 05/09/2016

We were thrilled with the catering services provided by Green Turtle for our wedding weekend last December. They exceeded our expectations on food, creativity and service for both the events that they were hired for (Rehearsal Dinner and Sunday Brunch). We loved working with their Catering Manager Amanda Blamowski who added additional unique touches to make the events extra special. They also helped us with rentals, lighting and almost any other items we needed to source locally. They are one of the best and most reliable caterers in the Florida Keys. Green Turtle definitely delivered!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 11/22/2015

I'm a Conference Planner by trade and helped plan a wedding for my sister-in-law. We thoroughly researched many vendors in all categories, and visited all in person before signing any contracts. We chose Green Turtle and their team, and the Catering Manager Amanda in particular, were AWESOME! Amanda took over for the previous Catering Manager partway through our planning so had an even more difficult job and she was amazing. The wedding weekend had many different large, catered functions (rehearsal dinner, boat excursion, wedding party brunch, wedding reception, etc.) and all were on point. The food was delicious - thank you Chef! Coming from NJ/NYC we have a different planning pace than in the Keys - the response time and expectation of service is different up here vs. the relaxed, casual atmosphere of the FL Keys. I found this to be a challenge, in general, while planning the wedding remotely, but Amanda was super responsive, reliable, and accessible. I especially appreciated this about her. We had a couple of very minor issues during the weekend that were handled quickly and professionally by the staff and not noticed by the guests - another sign of a great vendor! There are many local caterers to choose from, but I absolutely recommend them as a top choice and wish Amanda and her team all the best. THANK YOU :)

Sent on 04/07/2016

Kendra · Married on 11/11/2015

Amanda saved our wedding!! We had initially started with someone else at Green Turtle that was not responsive at all. But Amanda stepped in and was amazing!! She was extremely responsive and was there to help us every step of the way. The food at Green Turtle is amazing, but yet is great value. Amanda was able to meet all our needs and was available for anything we needed on the day of the wedding. We definitely went from being discouraged prior to her arrival, but extremely happy with every course and the whole flow of the meal. All the wait staff and the bar tender were very friendly and responsive as well. We were very, very happy with how everything turned out with Green Turtle and highly recommend any couple to use Amanda for their catering.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/17/2015

I absolutely love Green Turtle catering! They did such an amazing job with my client's outdoor wedding in October. Not only was the food out of this world, but their staff is top notch. Working with Amanda leading up to the event was better than I expected. She was always up for whatever my clients suggested. If they didn't offer it, they made sure to test it out and master it for the menu. On the day of the wedding we had a huge storm that came through and all the staff was hands on and willing to help. When it was time to put chairs back up and put the finishing touches on the tables, there was no hesitation. They are team players and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Green Turtle catering for any wedding (big or small), but please don't forget to order the key lime pie tarts!!!

Sent on 04/02/2016