28 Reviews for Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill

Seafood (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
28 Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill Reviews

I don't think words can explain how happy my husband and I were with Amanda at Green Turtle inn catering our wedding. They made everything super easy and affordable compared to others in the area. We decided to have Green Turtle Inn cater our wedding when my husband and I went for dinner one night while scoping out Islamorada for our wedding. We both looked at each other while eating our á la sid and agreed that that meal would be served in heaven. At our reception we had multiple guests approach us who said that they have eaten tuna fish nachos all over the world and Green Turtle's were the best. They bring in their food truck from their sister restaurant and cook the food on site, which makes a huge difference. They were also able to make my husband and I specialty dishes and it was so amazing, my nephew asked why he wasn't having what we were having. But everyone raved about their food and we utilized Green Turtle's bar service with a bartender who served up two specialty cocktails for us. I just wish we lived closer the Green Turtle so that we could eat there whenever we wanted!

Profile Picture Kara, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, American, Asian, BBQ, Caribbean, Italian, Japanese, Latin American, Local, Mexican, Seafood, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

One of the big highlights from our wedding was the DELICIOUS food. We are familiar with Islamorada and The Green Turtle is one of the best and most well known restaurants in the area. When we were calling around looking for vendors we were connected with Amanda at The Green Turtle. After our initial meeting, we immediately booked The Green Turtle. We were so impressed with Amanda that we knew we were in great hands. She definitely had a lot of great ideas and made the whole process so easy. We had to bring in all of our vendors which seems scary at first, but since Amanda/ Green Turtle has catered all of the local venues they know exactly what to do. Our guests were raving about the food. Some of the favorites were the tuna appetizer, snapper entrée and of course the lobster mac and cheese. We had passed apps and a buffet and everything went on seamlessly. Thank you so much to Green Turtle and Amanda! We were truly lucky to have you as part of our Wedding Day :-)

Profile Picture Jamie, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amanda and her team were amazing to work with. Not only was the food delicious during the tasting but also at the wedding. Wedding food, I find can be dry and plain, but not with the Green Turtle Inn! Amanda was helpful and responsive while planning. When we went for the tasting, she advised me that I had too much food on the list and helped me downsize the amount of food for the amount of people we were inviting. It was refreshing to work with a vendor that really wanted to make the day perfect and not over sell their product. Being from the Keys, I can honestly say they are the best caterers for a wedding!

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My new bride and I chose Green Turtle Inn to cater our destination wedding and it was the best choice we could have made. We were married April 2017 and in March 2016 we decided to take a trip down to the Keys to find our vendors. We had scheduled a few tastings with different caterers but Green Turtle was our first and last stop.
We were greeted by Amanda (the absolute BEST) who had opened up the restaurant just for our tasting. We met the head chef and tried a range of hors d'oeuvres and entre samples that was enough to fill our tummies for the day!
Every single bite we had was utterly delectable. So much so that we cancelled our other tastings and booked with Green Turtle immediately. Amanda was accommodating, flexible, helpful and always quick to respond to any questions we had. We got our rentals (lights, linens etc.) through her as well and it was easy and seamless.
The food was prepared on the spot in their kitchen on wheels (not an eyesore AT ALL, they know just where to park it) The servers were all so efficient, polite and kind. My wife and I made it a point to tell our phenomenal wedding planner (Danielle Day, Coming Up Roses Events) that if we were out of our seats and it looked like our plates were going to be taken away to make sure she saved it for us! The food is THAT GOOD. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about it! Do yourself the favor and book a tasting with Green Turtle Inn today, we promise they won’t disappoint!

Profile Picture Jizelle, 4/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), American, Caribbean, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Liquor License

We were in search of a good place to have our welcome dinner for our friends and family in town for our destination wedding at Cheeca Lodge. We were in town about a year ago checking out potential places. When we walked into the Green Turtle we were able to meet with Amanda, the manager, almost immediately. She was super friendly and suggested having the dinner at the Kaiyo Grill with their catering service (since it was technically closed on Sundays). We thought it was an excellent idea and super convenient for our guests, not to mention great to have the entire place to ourselves. Amanda was very responsive throughout the entire process of menu planning and just planning in general for the night. The prices were very reasonable and everyone commented how great the food was. We even had lots of leftovers to enjoy later. The staff there were also super friendly. Additionally, Amanda went above and beyond with taking care of a flower situation that arose. Overall, this was a great start to our wedding extravaganza and I would without a doubt highly recommend them to others.

Profile Picture Kristyna, 3/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Caribbean, Latin American, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Dessert, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

AMAZING. Amanda and her team are spectacular. The food, the professionalism, the patience, everything. My guests couldn't stop raving how good the food is. Truly a wonderful experience. Used green turtle for both rehearsal and wedding catering and I was throughly impressed as always with them. Highly recommend using them for all your event needs.

Profile Picture Leah, 1/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Green Turtle Catering (Amanda) was my favorite vendor to work with during my wedding planning process but more important than that - the food and services provided were AMAZING! Loved that they cooked the food fresh onsite, had gluten free options and were accommodating & flexible with the menu. The food was outstanding , only wish they had left us the leftovers!

Profile Picture McKenzie, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, No Pork, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Amanda is amazing! This girl is truly one of a kind! She is ready for anything and makes it all look so easy. The Green Turtles food is amazing. Alto f my guests told me that it was the best wedding food that they ever had. I did my rehearsal at Green Turtle an then Green Turtle also catered the wedding and a brunch the following morning. Everything tasted amazing. Amanda is very organized and always has everything under control! SHE IS THE BEST!!!

Profile Picture Joslyn , 6/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

FABULOUS!!!! Let me start by saying that I called 5 different caterers in the Keys and Amanda at Green Turtle/Kaiyo Grille was the only one who followed through. I'm glad she did!! Working with her was a breeze. She's on top of all of the details and knows her stuff. We came right in on budget while creating a lovely, Keys elegant party. We had a cocktail reception and chose to have the food prepared on site and passed around by servers. Our servers, June and Katie were so wonderful and efficient. They set everything up beautifully and kept things running as they passed the hors d'oeuvres, kept the bar stocked and cleaned as they went along. The food was fresh and delicious..just as it was at the tasting. Many people remarked at how lovely the party was. It was all I was hoping for and more!! I'm a happy bride!!

Profile Picture Lulu, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

What an amazing weekend! We LOVED working with Green Turtle for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding night! Amanda was extremely professional and she was always available when I had any questions!! The food is AMAZING and we highly recommend. Our wedding was a dream come true and we cannot thank Green Turtle enough for everything they did to make our weekend perfect! Thank you!

Profile Picture Paige, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Nut Free, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We were thrilled with the catering services provided by Green Turtle for our wedding weekend last December. They exceeded our expectations on food, creativity and service for both the events that they were hired for (Rehearsal Dinner and Sunday Brunch). We loved working with their Catering Manager Amanda Blamowski who added additional unique touches to make the events extra special. They also helped us with rentals, lighting and almost any other items we needed to source locally. They are one of the best and most reliable caterers in the Florida Keys. Green Turtle definitely delivered!

Profile Picture User6403226, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Caribbean, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Dessert, Family Style, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Signature Drink

I'm a Conference Planner by trade and helped plan a wedding for my sister-in-law. We thoroughly researched many vendors in all categories, and visited all in person before signing any contracts. We chose Green Turtle and their team, and the Catering Manager Amanda in particular, were AWESOME! Amanda took over for the previous Catering Manager partway through our planning so had an even more difficult job and she was amazing. The wedding weekend had many different large, catered functions (rehearsal dinner, boat excursion, wedding party brunch, wedding reception, etc.) and all were on point. The food was delicious - thank you Chef! Coming from NJ/NYC we have a different planning pace than in the Keys - the response time and expectation of service is different up here vs. the relaxed, casual atmosphere of the FL Keys. I found this to be a challenge, in general, while planning the wedding remotely, but Amanda was super responsive, reliable, and accessible. I especially appreciated this about her. We had a couple of very minor issues during the weekend that were handled quickly and professionally by the staff and not noticed by the guests - another sign of a great vendor! There are many local caterers to choose from, but I absolutely recommend them as a top choice and wish Amanda and her team all the best. THANK YOU :)

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 11/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Caribbean, Bartender(s), House Beer, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Amanda saved our wedding!! We had initially started with someone else at Green Turtle that was not responsive at all. But Amanda stepped in and was amazing!! She was extremely responsive and was there to help us every step of the way. The food at Green Turtle is amazing, but yet is great value. Amanda was able to meet all our needs and was available for anything we needed on the day of the wedding. We definitely went from being discouraged prior to her arrival, but extremely happy with every course and the whole flow of the meal. All the wait staff and the bar tender were very friendly and responsive as well. We were very, very happy with how everything turned out with Green Turtle and highly recommend any couple to use Amanda for their catering.

Profile Picture Kendra, 11/11/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Caribbean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Server(s), Tables

I absolutely love Green Turtle catering! They did such an amazing job with my client's outdoor wedding in October. Not only was the food out of this world, but their staff is top notch. Working with Amanda leading up to the event was better than I expected. She was always up for whatever my clients suggested. If they didn't offer it, they made sure to test it out and master it for the menu. On the day of the wedding we had a huge storm that came through and all the staff was hands on and willing to help. When it was time to put chairs back up and put the finishing touches on the tables, there was no hesitation. They are team players and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Green Turtle catering for any wedding (big or small), but please don't forget to order the key lime pie tarts!!!

Profile Picture Kristin , 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Plated, Bartender(s), Signature Drink, American, Caribbean

We used the Green Turtle as our food and rentals vendor. Although we got quotes from over 5 vendors both the Green Turtle's reputation and value sold us. We started working with Megan and it was helpful to have her ask all the right questions and help me determine what I needed for our wedding. After the tasting we were sold on the food. Everything was made onsite and certainly captured the flavor of the keys. Also by having the rentals through them we were able to eliminate another vendor and in fact did not have to secure a wedding coordinator for everything worked in sync and was set up as planned. A few weeks before our wedding Megan left the GT and we started to work with Amanda. Although apprehensive of a change so late in the game Amanda stepped in and was right on target with her support and planning. She participated in the rehearsal and we were able to adjust the final setup for the beach and food as well as coordinate the set up for the ceremony. The GT staff was great, the food was amazing and Amanda's help was invaluable. Thanks Amanda for making Carol and my wedding a great success and a day to remember for years to come. The Green Turtle and Amanda will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Ana, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Caribbean, Chairs, Tables

Megan and her crew at Green Turtle Inn were incredible, really god-sends. I came across them on the internet after weeks of searching and crying that I would never find a caterer I liked, and behold I found Megan. They were so friendly and helpful on the phone, and set up a tasting menu. They let us try so much food, and it was all amazing. We built a menu from scratch, from everything we tasted. The were happy to also provide kids plates for a few picky children who were attending my wedding. My husband and I were clueless when it came to wedding coordinating, and she helped to provide us with very crucial information about day of events/timeline. Without her, we would have been completely lost. Day of, the crew made sure my entire event was set up exactly how I wanted it to be. They provided the full open bar, and even ran out to buy more beer because my guests drink like fish. EVERYONE RAVED ABOUT THE FOOD! Most of my guests went back for seconds (we got buffet style). My husband and I were made plates by Megan, and she put them to the side so we could eat them at our leisure. She always made sure we were taken care of. I cannot express enough, how much I adored their food, service and overall demeanor/friendliness. We will be visiting Megan soon, and eating at Green Turtle inn. Really top notch.

Profile Picture Sammy Jo, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My Life Savers!!! We loved the food, the service was amazing! I'm writing this review with a huge smile on my face because that is how they left me. The price was great, we used them for the bar service as well, bartender was awesome!!! The catering team was professional and very organized. They brought us a special set of appetizers while we were taking pictures which were to die for. My guest are still talking about the Carpaccio of Beef, Tropical Tomato Bruschetta. I personally loved the Mini Crab Cakes. Megan is sent from heaven she was also my day of coordinator, I swear my day would not have been so perfect if it wasn't for her. My husband loved her. She knew what she was doing and she did it well. Megan meet with me the day before and took over every possible worry I could have had. If your looking for help the day of I would definitely give her a call. Also if you want to taste the food before booking with them you can! Just call Megan aka life saver!

Profile Picture ROSEMY, 4/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)

We were so lucky to have had our wedding planner choose Green Turtle Inn to cater our wedding events. By having a destination wedding, it was difficult to choose a caterer since we couldn't sample anything, so we put trust in our planner... And we are so happy we did! Green Turtle Inn went beyond anything we expected! First, they catered our welcome dinner the night before the wedding. It was an informal BBQ and the food was amazing. They also catered our wedding. I don't even know where to begin with this! We chose to have stations so that we could have a wide variety for our guests. The food at every station was superb! Our guests raved about the food the night of the wedding, and are still talking about it! I also can't say enough about the amazing job Megan did to put everything together! She was sensational. She helped early with getting everything set-up as well as made sure everything was flowing throughout the night! Additionally, the employees working for the Green Turtle Inn were also exceptional. Both at the welcome dinner and wedding, every person involved was kind and went above and beyond to ensure we were happy! I cannot thank Megan and the staff enough for helping to make our wedding the happiest day of my life!!! I highly recommend the Green Turtle Inn for any catering needs! You will be blown away with their professionalism and amazing food! We feel lucky to have had them for our special event!

Profile Picture johni, 7/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food at our wedding was superb and the catering service from the rental company, the set up and breakdown and especially the help and professionalism from Megan was excellent!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/14/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I have been looking forward to the opportunity to write this review. We knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted The Green Turtle to cater our reception because of the amazing food and consistency of service over our years of visiting Islamorada. And let me just tell you, Megan and the Green Turtle team far exceed our expectations. Working with Megan was a true blessing! She not only organized our catering and rentals, but was our day of coordinator. I felt from the moment we met with her and conveyed our vision for our wedding day, she was committed to making it all become a reality. She was timely with our contracts, with any updates, and came through when our linens and bamboo arch were compromised by other vendors. She coordinated our rentals with a gentleman named Clay, who exudes professionalism, and they arrived by 8:30am the day of our event for a 5:30p ceremony. She, her coordinating vendors, and her staff were kind, professional, fun and respectful during set up and service of our rehearsal dinner and reception. Our guests raved about the food and service they received during and after the wedding. The Green Turtle is fortunate to have Megan and any Keys bride could rest assured that their day would be delivered seamlessly should they choose The Green Turtle and Megan.

Profile Picture Kara, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding planner recommended Megan with the Green Turtle for our catering needs, and we are glad that she did. The food was fantastic and everyone kept raving about the beans and rice!!! They were very accommodating with our changes. What really helped was that they were able to arrange the rentals through their company so that we only got one bill instead of 2-3 separate invoices. They dealt with the rental company, which saved so much hassle on our end and freed up the time for other planning. We are so pleased with our choice and would recommend their professional work to anyone needing a caterer in the area. You just can't go wrong!!

Brett and Iva

Profile Picture Iva, 4/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Green Turtle Inn is AMAZING!! The food was DELICIOUS!! I highly recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese and Conch Fritters. Our guests were OBSESSED with them!!! All the food was hot and the service was excellent. Amanda is very easy to work with and was so helpful when we changed our minds a million times! I highly recommend Green Turtle Inn Catering!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 12/3/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Outside Alcohol, American, Caribbean, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

Everything was great, the food, the setup. The only complaint I have is that they somehow lost our payment. And didn't say anything till a couple months later and blamed us for it saying the never got it, when we gave them a check when they arrived. So make sure you note giving it to them. We had since then joined accounts and didnt see that the payment had not been taken out. Other than that, it was great.

Profile Picture Karesten , 10/27/13, 3 Reviews
4.7

I can't say enough about how awesome the service was for my wedding 2 weeks ago! Amanda was a pleasure to work with developing the menu, and flexible adjusting the menu to meet our needs. The food was top notch! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the quality of the food. Even a family member who works for a catering company in NY said that the Green Turtle's food far exceeded the quality of the food that they serve at his company. All of the staff at the wedding were friendly and very accommodating. I would recommend them in a heartbeat, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Koudi , 8/19/17, 1 Review