Catering by Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Christine C. Married on 12/11/2021

Catering by Design was amazing to work with!

Excellent in every aspect of the process. Reliable, easy to work with, and very professional. Top notch experience.
  • Kayla
    Kayla R. Married on 12/04/2021

Friendly Staff & Amazing Food!

Kelli and the team at Catering By Design were fantastic! They were very accommodating when it came to choosing our menu, and were very response throughout the entire wedding planning process. The staff was fantastic on our wedding day (we got tons of compliments from our guests on the friendliness of the staff and the delicious food!).

Highly recommend!!
    Luanne F. Married on 11/13/2021

Mother of the bride

Catering By Design is the best all the way around! Excellent service and food. Down-to-earth and approachable. Everyone we interacted with was intent on giving their best to make our daughter's wedding everything we wanted it to be. They were an integral part of making our daughter's wedding day perfect. Couldn't have been better to work with.

Catering by Design's reply:

Thank you for allowing Catering by Design to be a part of Charlotte's and Noah's wedding day. We loved being a part of it and love working at Evermore Farms in Apex.
    Dotsytierney Married on 11/05/2021

Excellent wedding caterer!

Everyone was so helpful and went the extra mile to make my daughters wedding a wonderful experience!
  • Jordan
    Jordan H. Married on 10/09/2021

Out of this world Wedding Caters!!

My husband and I had the most incredible experience with Catering by Design, we were married on 10/09/2021 at The Evermore in Apex NC. They took on our 150 person wedding with ease including an open bar that ran all night long without a hitch. It rained on our special day and they flipped the reception space for the ceremony and back again with incredible efficiency. We would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that wants their guest to rave about the wedding caters!!!

Catering by Design's reply:

Thank you for allowing Catering by Design to be a part of your wedding day. We loved being a part of it and opening Evermore Farms in Apex.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/02/2021

The BEST food and team!!

Catering by Design was the exclusive caterer for our venue so we weren’t entirely sure about them at the point of booking. Wow, were we blown away!! After our tasting my husband and I could not stop talking about how delicious and unique the food was and had a hard time narrowing down what we wanted to offer because it was all amazing. We have received SO many compliments on the food from wedding guests! Aside from the food, the CBD team was absolutely amazing from the start. They helped guide our planning and answered any and all questions. The day of the wedding Melissa and Sarah and the whole staff were incredible. We fully trusted them to make our vision happen and they delivered and then some! We loved using CBD and will recommend them to anyone and will likely use them again for events in the future!
  • Victor
    Victor D. Married on 10/01/2021

Amazing food, even better service and value

Fred, Kelly and company were phenomenal in their service, enthusiasm and attention to every detail as cliche as that sounds, those were just a few of the benefits of working with this team. The food was incredible, every guest of ours was taken care of and the night wouldn’t have been the success it was without the whole group, we couldn’t have been more happy that we chose Fred and his staff for our wedding
  • Jordan
    Jordan D. Married on 04/17/2021

Delicious food and quality service!

I used Catering By Design for my wedding and was not disappointed! We did their Southern Style Menu (BBQ, chicken, mac&cheese, green beans, bread, salad) and it was incredible not only at the tasting but also at the wedding. I was worried that the tasting wouldn't compare to the actual wedding day but Catering By Design did a great job of keeping their food hot and high quality throughout the entire reception. They also had a great wait staff that made sure my husband and I got to enjoy our food and the appetizers we missed out on during cocktail hour. They even packed us a meal to-go at the end of the night. I would highly recommend using Catering by Design!

Jordan & Brody

Thank you for allowing Catering by Design to be a part of your wedding day.

The Team at Catering by Design

• Lyn
    Lyn S. Married on 02/15/2020

Everything we could have asked for and more!

Catering by Design was simply amazing. Everything from the food to the staff. Kelli was our contact and was super responsive and went above and beyond to make our day perfect. The food was so good! Some of our guests are still talking about how good the food was at our wedding. We also loved that they included a bartender with their services, so we didn't have to worry about finding one. We just had to provide the beer and wine. They also included full china and they cut and served our cake. They were pros! We were also very surprised at how reasonable the prices were. The price for what you're getting is really reasonable. Thank you Catering by Design for helping make our wedding day amazing!
  • Virginia
    Virginia Married on 10/26/2019

I cannot say enough GREAT things

I *cannot* say enough great things about Catering by Design. (That's coming from a family of foodies.) Everyone we worked with phenomenal, and service ran seamlessly on the day of the event. The food was exceptional - exactly the same from the tasting to the day-of.

My parents exhausted all of the major caterers in the area, and none came close to Catering by Design with regard to food tastings.

My husband and I were out-of-state, so my parents did the initial tasting. Catering by Design happily provided he and I another tasting, so we could sample and tweak the final menu.

Perhaps MOST important - everyone prepared my husband and I that we wouldn't get a chance to eat on our wedding day. Catering by the Design saw to it that we tried everything from the cocktail hour and had a plate waiting for us when we sat down at the reception. I left my wedding full -- no togo box needed (but I know they would have provided one if we asked!)
  • Catherine
    Catherine W. Married on 10/05/2019

Best caterers ever!

Catering by Design was such a blessing at my wedding!! The food was delicious, the service was great and the staff was so courteous! Easy to work with, wonderful people!
    Mary C. Married on 09/28/2019

Exceeded Expectations

Wow, Catering By Design did such a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. From the initial meeting with them to the final payment, they were on top of it! Everyone who worked the reception was very friendly and the person in charge was wonderful. We really enjoyed the menu we picked and the food tasted great. We received many compliments from guests.
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Food and Wonderful Staff!

We had an incredible experience planning our wedding catering with Catering by Design. From the very beginning with an amazing tasting to conversations throughout the planning process to the day-of. Kelli, who we worked with, was very responsive and always happy to answer any and all of my random questions. They made the planning process very easy and helped us find the right menu to fit our budget. On the day-of, the food was absolutely delicious, the staff was very efficient and organized, and we had so many people comment on how great all of the food and team members were. Would definitely recommend Catering by Design for your next week!
  • Alison
    Alison R. Married on 06/08/2019

Great food and professional staff

Great service through the Michener Museum. Food was wonderful and staff was so fantastic.
  • Cecilia
    Cecilia B. Married on 04/27/2019

The best food!

There are so many things that go into a wedding reception! Catering by design handles them all. The food is fabulous and they have so many things to choose from. Also their wait staff is the very best! My daughter was married on April 27th and I would make the same exact decision to go with catering by design all over again. There is a reason why they have one so many awards and you can't go wrong with them!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing food, wonderful people to work with!

CBD was such an easy decision for us while planning our wedding. We worked with Kelli from the initial consultation/tasting all the way to the week of the wedding. She reassured us that her team of people would go out of their way to ensure the food was immaculate and we were well taken care of. We wanted to have more of a party style, station set up, where guests could go and eat whatever they wanted over the course of 2 hours or so (btw, if you're going back and forth over sit-down plated dinner to stations/heavy hors d'oeuvres, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the station style, you end up having way more time to party/mingle). Our favorites included the ham biscuits and the pasta option! The best part about it was that they made a plate ahead of time for my husband and I so we didn't even have to wait in line. CBD was also super flexible with our open bar, providing glassware and staff for us. I would 100% recommend them for your event!
    Kaitlin Married on 12/16/2018

Great people, amazing food!

Couldn’t have asked for more! People say you don’t remember the food you had at a wedding but Catering by Design proved them wrong. We got so many compliments from our wedding guests! Not to mention we had to postpone our wedding due to a hurricane - Kelli and Stephen were so easy to work with and so understanding of the situation. Couldn’t recommend them enough! And the chicken stuffed with bacon and cheese in the pesto sauce! Yum!
    Elyse Married on 11/17/2018

Great food, excellent service!

Catering by Design was wonderful to work with for our wedding. They were incredibly flexible with their tastings, and let us try food on multiple occasions to make sure we had the menu we wanted. They worked with us to keep the cost within our budget, but never once sacrificed quality of food or service. They are very straightforward and transparent with their pricing and do not have any hidden fees or extra charges to sneak in there at the end. No ridiculous corking fees, cake-cutting fees, etc. The food for a wedding is one of the most expensive ticket items, so you want to be sure you know what specific things your money is going to. The food was exceptional, and all of the serving staff was polite and efficient the day of. And it was refreshing to have someone reliable and experienced to handle such an important aspect as food. I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!
    Alyssa Married on 10/06/2018

One of our favorite vendors to work with!

Catering By Design was a pleasure to work with. Kelli was extremely responsive with answering all of our questions and planning our menu. On the day of our wedding, the staff was more helpful than we ever could have expected. They were conscientious of our needs and wants throughout the night, and the bartender even made sure to save a glass of my husband's favorite wine for him when it was just about to run out! I definitely recommend working with Catering by Design.
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious! Professional! Industry Experts!

The catering by design team was incredible. Making selections during the tasting with Kelly was such a special experience. She’s incredibly knowledgeable and has fantastic ideas and suggestions. She and Steve gave me exactly what I wanted in terms of menu and were in consistent communication leading up to the day which made me feel comforted. Steve even drove out to our venue to help me with some suggestions on layout for tables, buffet & bar. The day of, the team was prompt, professional and dressed sharply. They were the perfect blend of available while blending in and helped my directors immensely in set up and disassembly. I adore them and am so grateful we had them their for our special day. & the food was amazing!!! I knew from the moment I tasted their food that they would be a hit. I still get compliments to this day on how delicious our food was and we had a room full of picky eaters and a picky groom & everyone LOVED it so I was pretty thrilled to say the least!
    Ashley Married on 09/15/2018

CBD was great to work with!

Catering by Design catered our wedding at the College of Physicians and they were fantastic! Kristen was our coordinator and she was amazing to work with -- she was responsive, enthusiastic, patient and so knowledgeable. She took the stress out of our planning. The food was fantastic and CBD was so flexible - we were able to make exactly the menu we wanted! We highly recommend Catering by Design!
    Rachel Married on 06/22/2018
    I had a wonderful experience working with Catering by Design for my wedding! Their food is delicious, and there are many package options available in addition to the opportunity to create your own menu. They were also able to accommodate for my gluten allergy, which is very appreciated. The service of the waitstaff and bartenders was great, and Mendy, Kelli, and the rest of the team were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for helping to make our day so special!
    Laura Married on 06/09/2018
    The food was delicious and the customer service was impeccable! In addition they made the planning process easy and explained everything perfectly.
    Stephanie Married on 10/13/2017
    We used Catering by Design for our wedding at Barclay Villa in Angier. Kelli is an absolute dream to work with! She is very responsive through email and phone calls. We went by several times to nail down the menu as well as pick out linens for all the tables and Kelli was always friendly and super helpful. She even came to the final walk through at the venue, which made a huge impression on me!

The food was absolutely out of this world! We chose the BBQ and chicken when green beans and mac and cheese. It was all so good and we had so many guests come up to us both during the reception and afterwards, talking about how wonderful the food was, especially the mac and cheese!

There is also a huge selection of linens, plates, silverware, napkins, etc... to choose from, so I would recommend using them for rentals as well as food! I've also heard they do a great job with events other than weddings, as well! I will definitely be using them again!