Catering by Design Reviews

Catering by Design 4
  • Catherine

Catherine Woodall Bowman · Married on 10/05/2019

Best caterers ever!

Catering by Design was such a blessing at my wedding!! The food was delicious, the service was great and the staff was so courteous! Easy to work with, wonderful people!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Mary P Colberg · Married on 09/28/2019

Exceeded Expectations

Wow, Catering By Design did such a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. From the initial meeting with them to the final payment, they were on top of it! Everyone who worked the reception was very friendly and the person in charge was wonderful. We really enjoyed the menu we picked and the food tasted great. We received many compliments from guests.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Food and Wonderful Staff!

We had an incredible experience planning our wedding catering with Catering by Design. From the very beginning with an amazing tasting to conversations throughout the planning process to the day-of. Kelli, who we worked with, was very responsive and always happy to answer any and all of my random questions. They made the planning process very easy and helped us find the right menu to fit our budget. On the day-of, the food was absolutely delicious, the staff was very efficient and organized, and we had so many people comment on how great all of the food and team members were. Would definitely recommend Catering by Design for your next week!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Alison

Alison Roby · Married on 06/08/2019

Great food and professional staff

Great service through the Michener Museum. Food was wonderful and staff was so fantastic.

Sent on 07/06/2019
    Catering by Design 5
    Catering by Design 6
    Catering by Design 7
    Catering by Design 8
  • Cecilia

Cecilia Breese · Married on 04/27/2019

The best food!

There are so many things that go into a wedding reception! Catering by design handles them all. The food is fabulous and they have so many things to choose from. Also their wait staff is the very best! My daughter was married on April 27th and I would make the same exact decision to go with catering by design all over again. There is a reason why they have one so many awards and you can't go wrong with them!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing food, wonderful people to work with!

CBD was such an easy decision for us while planning our wedding. We worked with Kelli from the initial consultation/tasting all the way to the week of the wedding. She reassured us that her team of people would go out of their way to ensure the food was immaculate and we were well taken care of. We wanted to have more of a party style, station set up, where guests could go and eat whatever they wanted over the course of 2 hours or so (btw, if you're going back and forth over sit-down plated dinner to stations/heavy hors d'oeuvres, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the station style, you end up having way more time to party/mingle). Our favorites included the ham biscuits and the pasta option! The best part about it was that they made a plate ahead of time for my husband and I so we didn't even have to wait in line. CBD was also super flexible with our open bar, providing glassware and staff for us. I would 100% recommend them for your event!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Kaitlin · Married on 12/16/2018

Great people, amazing food!

Couldn’t have asked for more! People say you don’t remember the food you had at a wedding but Catering by Design proved them wrong. We got so many compliments from our wedding guests! Not to mention we had to postpone our wedding due to a hurricane - Kelli and Stephen were so easy to work with and so understanding of the situation. Couldn’t recommend them enough! And the chicken stuffed with bacon and cheese in the pesto sauce! Yum!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Elyse · Married on 11/17/2018

Great food, excellent service!

Catering by Design was wonderful to work with for our wedding. They were incredibly flexible with their tastings, and let us try food on multiple occasions to make sure we had the menu we wanted. They worked with us to keep the cost within our budget, but never once sacrificed quality of food or service. They are very straightforward and transparent with their pricing and do not have any hidden fees or extra charges to sneak in there at the end. No ridiculous corking fees, cake-cutting fees, etc. The food for a wedding is one of the most expensive ticket items, so you want to be sure you know what specific things your money is going to. The food was exceptional, and all of the serving staff was polite and efficient the day of. And it was refreshing to have someone reliable and experienced to handle such an important aspect as food. I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2018

One of our favorite vendors to work with!

Catering By Design was a pleasure to work with. Kelli was extremely responsive with answering all of our questions and planning our menu. On the day of our wedding, the staff was more helpful than we ever could have expected. They were conscientious of our needs and wants throughout the night, and the bartender even made sure to save a glass of my husband's favorite wine for him when it was just about to run out! I definitely recommend working with Catering by Design.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious! Professional! Industry Experts!

The catering by design team was incredible. Making selections during the tasting with Kelly was such a special experience. She’s incredibly knowledgeable and has fantastic ideas and suggestions. She and Steve gave me exactly what I wanted in terms of menu and were in consistent communication leading up to the day which made me feel comforted. Steve even drove out to our venue to help me with some suggestions on layout for tables, buffet & bar. The day of, the team was prompt, professional and dressed sharply. They were the perfect blend of available while blending in and helped my directors immensely in set up and disassembly. I adore them and am so grateful we had them their for our special day. & the food was amazing!!! I knew from the moment I tasted their food that they would be a hit. I still get compliments to this day on how delicious our food was and we had a room full of picky eaters and a picky groom & everyone LOVED it so I was pretty thrilled to say the least!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2018

CBD was great to work with!

Catering by Design catered our wedding at the College of Physicians and they were fantastic! Kristen was our coordinator and she was amazing to work with -- she was responsive, enthusiastic, patient and so knowledgeable. She took the stress out of our planning. The food was fantastic and CBD was so flexible - we were able to make exactly the menu we wanted! We highly recommend Catering by Design!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Rachel · Married on 06/22/2018

I had a wonderful experience working with Catering by Design for my wedding! Their food is delicious, and there are many package options available in addition to the opportunity to create your own menu. They were also able to accommodate for my gluten allergy, which is very appreciated. The service of the waitstaff and bartenders was great, and Mendy, Kelli, and the rest of the team were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for helping to make our day so special!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

The food was delicious and the customer service was impeccable! In addition they made the planning process easy and explained everything perfectly.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2017

We used Catering by Design for our wedding at Barclay Villa in Angier. Kelli is an absolute dream to work with! She is very responsive through email and phone calls. We went by several times to nail down the menu as well as pick out linens for all the tables and Kelli was always friendly and super helpful. She even came to the final walk through at the venue, which made a huge impression on me!

The food was absolutely out of this world! We chose the BBQ and chicken when green beans and mac and cheese. It was all so good and we had so many guests come up to us both during the reception and afterwards, talking about how wonderful the food was, especially the mac and cheese!

There is also a huge selection of linens, plates, silverware, napkins, etc... to choose from, so I would recommend using them for rentals as well as food! I've also heard they do a great job with events other than weddings, as well! I will definitely be using them again!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Megan · Married on 10/08/2017

Got so many compliments on the food and the service! They were pleasant, easy to work with and dependable. Perfect job!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Melanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Excellent Service and Food for our Wedding 10-07-17. Thank you again Stephen and staff!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Chris · Married on 09/23/2017

The Catering By Design team did an amazing job at our daughter's wedding this weekend. The food was just wonderful, the presentation was superb and the hard-working staff was also friendly and fun. They were very helpful and accommodating during the planning stages and just took care of everything for us the night of the wedding. I just cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Katelyn · Married on 04/22/2017

We loved catering by design! They helped us customize our menu, gave us a new quote each time we changed something (which was frequently), and the day of our wedding everything was perfect.

The food was incredible, but what all of our guests commented on was the professionalism of the staff. They were curteous, responsive, and seemed to melt into the background. The boxes they packed for us for a late night meal were the icing on the cake!

I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing caterer!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I used Catering by Design for our wedding and not only were they wonderful to work with, but their food was absolutely amazing! We got so many compliments on how great the food was! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/27/2017
  • Grey

Grey · Married on 03/17/2017

Absolutely love Catering by Design! My husband and I received so many compliments from our guests regarding the food and service. The servers are very attentive and Steve the chef was so accommodating and responsive. I recommend choosing Catering by Design for your wedding not only are they affordable but they also provide excellent service. Thank you!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Marva · Married on 12/20/2016

Catering by Design..OMG!!! I simply have to say outstanding..I loved, loved, loved the food..I overdosed on bacon..lol The breakfast was catered for my job site and there was more than enough. Your servers were amazing, friendly, easy to engage in conversation with, polite, on time, and the only thing I need to do was eat and sign the receipt. I didn't even need to get up and discard my empty plate..none of the employees did. Thank you for a wonderful experience and great food!!! looking forward to having you all come back in the New Year.

Marva from Charles River

Sent on 12/20/2016

Patricia · Married on 12/09/2016

Everyone raved about the food!! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Our wedding food was amazing and worth the price. They will make a to go box for the bride and groom which is really nice. We had to change venues 4 hrs prior to the ceremony and the CBD team was very flexible and made our day happen.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Erika · Married on 09/24/2016

Working with the staff at Catering by Design was amazing! Their team worked flawlessly together, was so kind and considerate to myself and new husband, and were just plain fun. They stuck to the schedule, and delivered exactly what I expected. They were flexible with last minute changes and very communicative with my coordinator. And we had so many guests tell us it was some of the best wedding food they'd ever had! We'll definitely be recommending them to friends in the future!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Autumn · Married on 09/24/2016

Catering by Design was basically perfect! The food was amazing. Literally almost every person I spoke with, talked about how great the food was! They were incredibly nice and super accommodating. I did several last minute things and if it put a hitch in their plans, they didn't show it. They accepted it and kept going! The entire staff was great throughout the night. They were the most reasonably priced caterer we spoke with and the most delicious! We couldn't have been happier with our decision to book them.

Sent on 09/28/2016