Catering by Design Reviews

89 | Cary, NC

89 Reviews for Catering by Design

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2018

One of our favorite vendors to work with!

Catering By Design was a pleasure to work with. Kelli was extremely responsive with answering all of our questions and planning our menu. On the day of our wedding, the staff was more helpful than we ever could have expected. They were conscientious of our needs and wants throughout the night, and the bartender even made sure to save a glass of my husband's favorite wine for him when it was just about to run out! I definitely recommend working with Catering by Design.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious! Professional! Industry Experts!

The catering by design team was incredible. Making selections during the tasting with Kelly was such a special experience. She’s incredibly knowledgeable and has fantastic ideas and suggestions. She and Steve gave me exactly what I wanted in terms of menu and were in consistent communication leading up to the day which made me feel comforted. Steve even drove out to our venue to help me with some suggestions on layout for tables, buffet & bar. The day of, the team was prompt, professional and dressed sharply. They were the perfect blend of available while blending in and helped my directors immensely in set up and disassembly. I adore them and am so grateful we had them their for our special day. & the food was amazing!!! I knew from the moment I tasted their food that they would be a hit. I still get compliments to this day on how delicious our food was and we had a room full of picky eaters and a picky groom & everyone LOVED it so I was pretty thrilled to say the least!

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2018

CBD was great to work with!

Catering by Design catered our wedding at the College of Physicians and they were fantastic! Kristen was our coordinator and she was amazing to work with -- she was responsive, enthusiastic, patient and so knowledgeable. She took the stress out of our planning. The food was fantastic and CBD was so flexible - we were able to make exactly the menu we wanted! We highly recommend Catering by Design!

Rachel · Married on 06/22/2018

I had a wonderful experience working with Catering by Design for my wedding! Their food is delicious, and there are many package options available in addition to the opportunity to create your own menu. They were also able to accommodate for my gluten allergy, which is very appreciated. The service of the waitstaff and bartenders was great, and Mendy, Kelli, and the rest of the team were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for helping to make our day so special!

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

The food was delicious and the customer service was impeccable! In addition they made the planning process easy and explained everything perfectly.

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2017

We used Catering by Design for our wedding at Barclay Villa in Angier. Kelli is an absolute dream to work with! She is very responsive through email and phone calls. We went by several times to nail down the menu as well as pick out linens for all the tables and Kelli was always friendly and super helpful. She even came to the final walk through at the venue, which made a huge impression on me!

The food was absolutely out of this world! We chose the BBQ and chicken when green beans and mac and cheese. It was all so good and we had so many guests come up to us both during the reception and afterwards, talking about how wonderful the food was, especially the mac and cheese!

There is also a huge selection of linens, plates, silverware, napkins, etc... to choose from, so I would recommend using them for rentals as well as food! I've also heard they do a great job with events other than weddings, as well! I will definitely be using them again!

Megan · Married on 10/08/2017

Got so many compliments on the food and the service! They were pleasant, easy to work with and dependable. Perfect job!

Melanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Excellent Service and Food for our Wedding 10-07-17. Thank you again Stephen and staff!

Chris · Married on 09/23/2017

The Catering By Design team did an amazing job at our daughter's wedding this weekend. The food was just wonderful, the presentation was superb and the hard-working staff was also friendly and fun. They were very helpful and accommodating during the planning stages and just took care of everything for us the night of the wedding. I just cannot recommend them highly enough.

Katelyn · Married on 04/22/2017

We loved catering by design! They helped us customize our menu, gave us a new quote each time we changed something (which was frequently), and the day of our wedding everything was perfect.

The food was incredible, but what all of our guests commented on was the professionalism of the staff. They were curteous, responsive, and seemed to melt into the background. The boxes they packed for us for a late night meal were the icing on the cake!

I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing caterer!

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I used Catering by Design for our wedding and not only were they wonderful to work with, but their food was absolutely amazing! We got so many compliments on how great the food was! We highly recommend them!

• Grey

Grey · Married on 03/17/2017

Absolutely love Catering by Design! My husband and I received so many compliments from our guests regarding the food and service. The servers are very attentive and Steve the chef was so accommodating and responsive. I recommend choosing Catering by Design for your wedding not only are they affordable but they also provide excellent service. Thank you!

Marva · Married on 12/20/2016

Catering by Design..OMG!!! I simply have to say outstanding..I loved, loved, loved the food..I overdosed on bacon..lol The breakfast was catered for my job site and there was more than enough. Your servers were amazing, friendly, easy to engage in conversation with, polite, on time, and the only thing I need to do was eat and sign the receipt. I didn't even need to get up and discard my empty plate..none of the employees did. Thank you for a wonderful experience and great food!!! looking forward to having you all come back in the New Year.

Marva from Charles River

Patricia · Married on 12/09/2016

Everyone raved about the food!! Would highly recommend!!

Our wedding food was amazing and worth the price. They will make a to go box for the bride and groom which is really nice. We had to change venues 4 hrs prior to the ceremony and the CBD team was very flexible and made our day happen.

Erika · Married on 09/24/2016

Working with the staff at Catering by Design was amazing! Their team worked flawlessly together, was so kind and considerate to myself and new husband, and were just plain fun. They stuck to the schedule, and delivered exactly what I expected. They were flexible with last minute changes and very communicative with my coordinator. And we had so many guests tell us it was some of the best wedding food they'd ever had! We'll definitely be recommending them to friends in the future!

Autumn · Married on 09/24/2016

Catering by Design was basically perfect! The food was amazing. Literally almost every person I spoke with, talked about how great the food was! They were incredibly nice and super accommodating. I did several last minute things and if it put a hitch in their plans, they didn't show it. They accepted it and kept going! The entire staff was great throughout the night. They were the most reasonably priced caterer we spoke with and the most delicious! We couldn't have been happier with our decision to book them.

• Jessie

Jessie · Married on 06/18/2016

First class all the way!
    I have never been more pleased with a caterer. Food, and service were top notch. I will recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome event. Best part is they cost less, and provided more than their competition. Use this vendor!!!

Katie · Married on 05/15/2016

I wanted to send a gigantic THANK YOU to you and your team for catering my wedding last weekend. The food and service was absolutely perfect. We got so many compliments on the BBQ buffet and I was very impressed with your entire operation. Thank you very much for running everything so smoothly... and deliciously!

Rachel · Married on 05/14/2016

Catering by design did all of our food for our wedding and it was delicious! They even gave me and my husband plates to go, which was super sweet! They were so easy to work with throughout the whole process and even helped me stay in budget! I highly recommend them!

We were so pleased with Catering by Design. The food was delicious, the staff was wonderful, and their price point was very resonable. They respond quickly and are so willing to help in any way possible. I highly recommend them!

Kimberly · Married on 04/09/2016

Delicious!!! What a fantastic caterer to work with. Steve was our head chef and made the reception an amazing experience. Throughout the night and days afterward, we kept hearing comment after comment about how delicious the food was. Of course we knew that because we had the wonderful tasting ahead of time where they prepared our entire menu and served us course after course. They were open to all of our suggestions and made great recommendations. Also, working with Kelli through the contract process was easy. We would highly recommend Catering by Design because they are professional, the food is wonderful, and they made the entire experience a delight.

Felicia · Married on 01/09/2016

We are planning a wedding from start to finish in less than 100 days and on a tight budget. After several meetings with other caterers, we were afraid we were going to have to provide the food ourselves! Then our venue recommended we check with Catering By Design - what a breath of fresh air! They listened to what we wanted and planned a menu that was perfect - and even worked with us to get it within our budget by eliminating things that weren't as important to us. They invited us in for a complimentary tasting (none of the others had) and if we weren't sold before, that definitely did it! Not only did they treat us like royalty while we were there for the tasting, the food was absolutely delicious! We had a couple of changes to our plan based on the tasting, and before I made it back to my office, they had the revised contract to us. The wedding is still 60 days out, but I am confident, especially after looking at these reviews, that they will not disappoint!

Catering By Design served the best chicken parmesan and alfredo that I have ever tasted. The staff was wonderful.