Catering By Christine Reviews

1 User photo

Catering By Christine 1
  • Jillian

Jillian Baker · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Don't wait to book them!!

My husband and I were married on September 27 and used Catering By Christine. Our experience with them is something that truly made our fairytale a fairytale. Pete and Crissy were so accommodating allowing us to really personalize our menu and our bar options. They really helped facilitate in our planning and coordination for the day of. My husband and I are foodies and we were so impressed with everything! My guests with similar love for food were also raving about the food. The appetizers were so tasty and plentiful! We did a plated dinner and it was quick and professional. Although my husband and I never had to go to the bar because of our personal attendant, our guests were never waiting on a drink. Because of all the work Catering By Christine and team did, my husband and I were really able to enjoy our wedding day!!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2019

The food is unbelievable!!

Pete is wonderful to work with! His staff handled all of the decorating and arranging at Candlelight Farms. The food is unbelievably delicious - we received so many compliments of the presentation of the hors d’oeuvres and how delicious the meal was! Buffet style is the way to go! The mashed potatoes served in martini glasses were a huge hit! I cannot thank Pete and his waitstaff enough, Adriana (mine and my hubby’s personal server) was so attentive and made sure we were fed and hydrated! Thank you, thank you!! Highly recommended - you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Catering By Christine 2
  • Laura

Laura Hatchman · Married on 05/11/2019

Your catering search ends here!

Before you decide on your wedding date, check the availability of Catering by Christine, because you definitely want them to cater your wedding. Beyond having absolutely amazing food, they are also crucial to helping you plan and organize your day. We worked specifically with Pete, who helped orchestrate the entire day for us. Before the wedding, Pete and the Catering by Christine team gave us a spectacular tasting to help us plan our menu at a time that fit in our crazy schedule. We were blown away by the amount and quality of appetizers we were able to provide to our guests, and the entire team was willing to work with us to create custom dishes, even if they hadn’t done them before. Our venue (Branford House in CT) required us to bring in rentals, which Pete seamlessly facilitated on our behalf. His experience working at that venue numerous times before truly showed on the day itself. Pete personally helped set up the ceremony and reception space, and he ensured that our reception was exactly what we wanted. And this was all before the amazing food came out. Our assigned personal attendant, Emma, was a positive fixture of the day. She made sure that we, our wedding party, and our family had everything we could want. Our entire wedding party has commented on how enthusiastic and accommodating Emma was to us throughout the event. The Catering by Christine team’s experience and professionalism was clear, as they made the day run as efficiently and smoothly as could be. We never expected that our cater could fulfill so many crucial roles for us that day, and we never had to worry about any details on the day itself. Many of our guests, weeks after the wedding, have continued to reach out to us and said that their meals was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. We sincerely hope to go to an event catered by them again! Choose Catering by Christine to have phenomenal food, experienced service, and peace of mind in your wedding planning process and especially on your big day!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Carey Laplant · Married on 03/30/2019

Highly highly recommended!!!

Thank you Catering By Christine for everything!!! You made Matt and I's day beyond anything I could have imagined. Your professionalism, your suggestions, and your organization made the planning process so easy. Beyond the logistics of all you do (which you make look so easy!!!) the food and service was beyond our expectations. All our guests have been raving about the food, presentation, and the friendliness of all the staff. Having an attendant for the day was something I didn't know would be so wonderful. She was there to calm down my nerves before the ceremony, to greet us after with plenty of food and drinks for our entire wedding party was amazing. Thank you for a perfect seamless day for Matt, myself and every single guest!!!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Greenworth · Married on 01/06/2019

Try Them For Yourselves!!

This past weekend Catering By Christine catered our wedding. In the beginning of the planning process we were overwhelmed with the to do list regarding our backyard wedding. That was until Catering By Christine stepped in. They answered questions we didn’t even know we had and put us at ease with everything. Their professionalism regarding the details was out of this world. The food at our tasting was exactly what was served to every single guest at our 180 person wedding. Besides the presentation being picture worthy, the taste and quality was even better. I cannot say enough about how easy they made this day for us and how they greeted every single guest with a smile and care. Guests have made it very clear how much they enjoyed the food, service, and our special day. We cannot speak highly enough of Catering By Christine!!! Thank you Pete and team!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Salena · Married on 07/14/2018

I loved catering by Christine! The staff were so friendly and very professional. I knew one of the staff members prior to the wedding being held and she was such a great person to work with on this special occasion. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Haley · Married on 07/08/2018

Catering by Christine was amazing! Pete from Catering by Christine was very helpful and made sure that the food for our wedding was exactly what we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious and we had a personal attendant at our wedding that made sure that the wedding party, my husband and I always had food and drinks whenever we wanted them. They are able to accommodate food allergies and dietary preferences. One of our guests was only able to eat liquids, and Catering by Christine made sure that he always had a wonderful selection of delicious soups to choose from. The food was artfully presented and was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Ryan · Married on 06/02/2018

Pete and the team were unbelievable to work with. The food was absolutely incredible and our guests said it was the best they had tasted at a wedding. They were flexible, met all of our dietary needs for all of our guests, and created amazing dishes not even included on their menu. Everything was cooked to perfection and presented beautifully to top it off.

Sent on 06/12/2018

J. · Married on 10/08/2017

Pete was nothing short of amazing. He worked with us right from the beginning of our wedding planning process. He isn't just a caterer--he also serves as a coordinator assisting with timeline of events, organizing etc. He made himself available more than once to sit down with us and answer any questions we had along the way. Catering by Christine's food is absolutely outstanding. The list of hor devours was endless and took us days to even decide on our menu. Guests raved about the food being delicious and the portion sizes being large. Guests said "it was the best salmon they've had in their entire life." What also made us have a great experience was having two staff members (Emma and Tiffany) right by my husband and I's side literally the entire wedding to assist us in getting anything we may need, always making sure we had a drink in our hand, keeping us on schedule etc. They even helped us during pictures with poses, fixing my veil..the list could go on-these ladies were truly amazing! Food is one of the biggest components of having a special wedding to remember and Catering by Christine we can truly say will make sure everything turns out perfect-just the way everyone hopes their special day will be! We highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2017

Catering by Christine was extremely professional and took care of everything the day of the wedding. We didn't have to worry about a thing, and the food was fantastic. Months later and our guests are still talking about the mashed potato bar.

Sent on 08/13/2017

beth · Married on 05/12/2017

We worked primarily with Pete from Catering by Christine. We got married in New Haven, but live in NY, which made planning a challenge at times, but Pete was so kind and flexible in the times he met with us for our tastings and made us feel at ease throughout the whole process. He treated not only myself and husband with extreme respect and professionalism, but my parents as well, who had a few special requests. Everything at the tasting was so delicious, it was difficult to narrow it down, and the day-of was no different. We were so pleased with not only the presentation of the food at cocktail hour and dinner, but the taste as well. An amazing value for the services he and his staff (who were fun, professional, and efficient) delivered. I remember him telling us at our walk-though that our job was to relax and have the time of our lives and he and his staff would take care of the rest. He truly delivered, and we are so grateful to have found Pete and Catering by Christine.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2016

Catering by Christine was absolutely amazing. They have done so many weddings at Lighthouse Point Park and did an exceptional job for our wedding day. From the beginning they were great to work with, and were very flexible to work within our budget. We had multiple tastings ahead of our day to ensure the menu was everything we wanted. The day of, we had rain, and they moved the ceremony inside. Their set up was beyond anything I could have imagined, and I'm actually glad for the rain because the pictures from the ceremony were amazing. Their service was also unbelievable. Every person was on top of their game. Specifically we had Tiffany attending to my husband and me, and she was great. She made sure we ate our dinner and even packed desserts to go for us. Cooking for such a large group takes skill, and our dinner was fantastic. All of my guests raved about their meals. Overall, I cannot say enough good things about Catering by Christine, book them and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Annie · Married on 08/13/2016

I LOVED Catering By Christine! I had my wedding in August 2016 at Lighthouse Point Park. My husband Gary and I were so pleased with the outstanding service! The staff was so friendly and welcoming! Everyone had a smile on all night. Gary and I did not have to lift a finger. Our Attendant, Adriana, was attentive and really went out of her way for us. Every time we turned around a drink was in our hand. When we were taking pictures during cocktail hour, appetizers kept coming the whole hour and half to not only Gary and I, but our entire wedding party! The food was to die for! All of our guests ranted and raved about the delicious mac and cheese, scallops and bacon, thai chicken and pineapple, and so much more! Also, we had a raw bar during cocktail hour that was out of this world. The entire ocean was served at our wedding from clams, oysters, and shrimp. The presentation was phenomenal! They set up boats where they displayed the food, with plenty of lemons and cocktail sauce. For dinner we had the surf and turf with lobster and steak. My guests are still complimenting the food and service. For dessert we had a Venetian table where there were an assortment of cookies and pastries. Not only that, but we had an ice cream bar with a variety of Gary and I's favorite candies. Everything went off without a hitch, it was a dream come true!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Emily · Married on 07/09/2016

My husband and I got married in July and chose to use Catering By Christine. To this day I can't believe how amazing everything was. Everything I had imagined came together with the friendly staffs help. The attention to detail on the staffs part was incredible. The service was perfect, making sure I was quenched and full at all times of the day/night. All my guests are still raving about how the food was out of this world. The bar lines moved quickly and everyone was surrounded by the wait staffs smiling faces. We had a person on us all night to make sure everything was going exactly how we wanted it. Pete promised everything would be taken care of and he couldn't have been more right. We will definitely be using Catering By Christine and staff for our future events. They are a 105/100!!!! Thank you Pete and staff for an amazing day!!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Marada · Married on 08/08/2015

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Pete and Catering by Christine for our August wedding. From the beginning, Pete promised me a beautiful wedding and told me not to worry about anything. He and his staff more than delivered and I could not have been happier with the results. Their professional, attention to detail and commitment to service resulted in a beautiful, well executed, smooth day.

While the entire menu was delicious and so elegantly presented, we highly recommend the brisket, bacon wrapped shrimp, macaroni and cheese and salmon. Those dishes received a lot of praise the night of and we continued to get a ton of compliments days after.

We would also like to say what a pleasure it was to have Adriana around, our personal attendant for the day, to make sure we were well fed and well hydrated. She was super sweet and very attentive. What a great service!

Thank you Pete and your entire staff for everything that you did to make our special day memorable for us and all of our guests!!! We will highly recommend you to anyone who asks!!!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Joe · Married on 06/27/2015

My wife and I hired Catering by Christine to provide cocktail hour and dinner service for our wedding reception on June 27 at the Darien Community Association. They were extremely helpful and easy to work with for the entire process. We booked them about a year in advance and our phone calls and emails were always answered promptly whenever we had a question. They were even able to make a few last minute changes to accommodate our guests celebrating Ramadan.

Pete worked with us to come up with a selection of drinks, meals, and hors d'oeuvres that fit our budget. In addition to passed and stationary hors d'oeuvres, we offered a plated meal with four options (Beef, Chicken, Fish, and Vegetarian) on the RSVP card. All of the meals were served to our 107 guests within 8-10 minutes of dinner starting. The guests all raved about the quality of the food days after the event (pro tip - get the lobster mac and cheese)! Dessert and coffee was served by the staff from a single station and the line moved incredibly quickly. At the end of the night clean up was completed in 15-20 minutes.

I also want to commend Tiffany, the manager for the day, on her professionalism. She arrived about 30 minutes before scheduled to check out the venue and paid close attention to all of the details I told her about. When we arrived after the wedding everything was set up and looked beautiful!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Ariane · Married on 06/20/2015

Catering by Christine was just phenomenal. I got married June 20, 2015 and the service was very professional and very smooth. We ended up getting rain for an outdoor wedding but Pete and his crew were able to set up inside without a hitch. And the food. When we originally tried them I thought it was the bomb, now all my guests agree with me as well. Makes me wish they had a restaurant. But on a serious note, I was very pleased with his service. Pete promised I would eat and delivered. He promised to keep in contact throughout planning, he delivered. Even when I had small issues at the wedding, he was able to keep everything moving smoothly. Coming from a big Latino family, he was able to not only cater to our tastes, but to our time and that means a lot to me. I would highly recommend this business. Pete and company, thank you again for the wonderful night. Ariane and I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 07/13/2015

People are still commenting on how delicious everything was! Service was extraordinary! Everything was just perfect!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Michael · Married on 10/25/2014

The reviews for Catering by Christine speak for themselves, they are fantastic!! There are so many parts to a wedding, but only a few are “critical” components necessary for success; catering is definitely one of them. Catering by Christine delivered in a big way to ensure that our wedding at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven was an enormous success. Our guests were full of compliments about the food, the presentation, the staff, everything.

We had a variety of foods that were all a huge hit from Chinese stir fry and past stations to the prime rib carving station, the hors d'oeuvres, soups that were to die for (lobster bisque and New England clam chowder), and a cheese spread that was devoured. The way they ran the serving stations was seamless – no lines, no gaggle of people, top notch efficiency!

The bartenders were competent and knew how to make a variety of drinks, offered several beer options, as well as our signature cocktail. There were never lines, the bartenders moved quickly and were often ahead of the game, remembering people’s orders from their previous drink. As the bride and groom, we were assigned personal butlers who made sure we were never hungry, never without a drink, and always catered to throughout the night.

Catering by Christine is a family run place, operated by Pete and his wife Christine. We worked with Pete for the majority of our experience and we were very pleased with his professionalism, ability and willingness to work with us on everything from price to food choices and recipes to all the little details we wouldn’t have even thought of without his guidance. We are forever grateful to Pete and his staff for delicious food and stellar service! We undoubtedly made the right choice with Catering by Christine. In the roughly ten months working with Pete, together we made a very memorable night for us and all of our guests and a friendship with Pete that will last beyond our wedding day.

Sent on 11/04/2014

I can't put into words how great everything went because of Pete and his teams hard work. Their staff was just so thoughtful and such hard workers. They paid close attention to details and made sure all the guests were happy and taken care of. I wouldn't trust anyone but Pete and his team to do any event for me. So thankful to have chosen them!

Sent on 10/27/2014

I can't thank Pete and Crissy enough for actually listening to what I envisioned and making it come together on our day. All the staff were so nice and warm to all the guests with a smile on their faces. It was so nice to be able to relax and actually enjoy my wedding day. All the staff made sure we had drinks in our hands and full stomachs when we left. Couldn't have asked for a better group of people to make my dream a reality. Thanks so much Pete, Crissy and staff, you made our day perfect.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Having planned our wedding for over two years and never fully being able to envision it, the day couldn't have gone better. After worrying and being reassured by Pete and Crissy to not worry, I could not thank them enough for what they did. Everything flowed perfectly from the delicious food to the sweetest servers ever, I could not be happier. Everyone paid such close attention to all the things I didn't even think about to make it all come together. Pete and Crissy went out of their way to review my ideas to make sure it was exactly how I wanted it. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a high quality caterer!!!

susan · Married on 09/06/2014

Catering By Christine is the best! Working with Crissy made everything run so smooth. I sent numerous emails with all kinds of crazy questions and she was very patient and responsive. The staff was very professional the day of our wedding. The food was amazing! We got tons of compliments.
    From start to finish, Catering By Christine was great to work with! Chrissy and Pete were very organized and professional every step of the way and the food is delicious!! We held a reception in my parent's backyard and they were happy to come out and figure out a layout for the tent, and set everything up, the food was amazing and they were there for our every need the days leading up to the wedding and the wedding day! I would highly recommend them to anyone for any event!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Catering By Christine provided us with an exceptional experience that deserves a 10 star review. Our communications with Christine and her team were prompt and thorough from the start. We had the pleasure of meeting the staff and working through the logistics of how operations would be conducted on our wedding day. Christine also provided us with a variety of food tastings to gauge which options would best fit our needs.

Christine's emphasis on genuine emotion instead of the environment is what set's Catering By Christine apart from other catering and event planning companies. Our experience with this company was personable nothing short of professional. I would recommend their service to anyone looking to plan a very special wedding day.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Kimi · Married on 08/09/2014

We had our wedding last weekend and haven't stopped getting compliments on the food. Everyone was obsessed with the presentation of the appetizers and how delicious they were. There was plenty to go around and the staff was great and on top of everyone's needs. The main courses were plentiful and filled your entire plate. Also delicious. Then there's the bar not just a table in the corner but a big bar set up (looks like a bar) where the drinks flowed all night with anything you could want. Everyone loved being able to get their go to drink without having to settle for a substitute. I worked with Pete Biondi and he was great. He kept us at a comfortable figure when giving us a proposal and still gave us everything we wanted. We will always use Catering by Christine's for any event going forward.

Sent on 08/13/2014