Catered Creations, Inc. Reviews

56 | Grand Rapids, MI

56 Reviews for Catered Creations, Inc.

56 Catered Creations, Inc. Reviews

Rachael · Married on 10/06/2018

Patti and Gary.... professionalism at its finest

Catered Creations made our day one to remember. The food was outstanding, delicious, phenomenal.... those were just our guest responses. I’ve worked with Patti and Gary before in the past and they never disappoint. They have their craft down to a science. No one went without and their staff was very attentive and professional. Would use them again hands down. Thanks Catered Creations for helping us on our wedding day!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

We were so honored to be a part of your day Rachael. It was fun working with you and your mom's vision and decor are always spot on! Did you get the pictures I took of the two of you? Thanks again!

Benji and Julia · Married on 07/28/2018

Awesome Wedding Catering

Amazing food, amazing service, great value. Highly attentive on the wedding weekend, and executed every detail perfectly. We literally had nothing to worry about with these guys. The meal was spectacular, and the presentation was amazing. Even though we didn't get to try the food in advance, we knew we were in good hands and all expecations were exceeded.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Hello, You Two! Thanks so much for the kind words. It was so fun serving you and seeing your guests enjoy the food. They all ate a lot! We LOVE that. Hope all is going well!

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

Catered Creations was the best choice of our wedding!! My guests raved all night about how amazing it all was! We had the mashed potato bar - delicious! We then had three stations - fajitas, pasta and sliders and they were a HIT! The staff was great, very helpful and very flexible when we asked to change the times around some on the day of. They also made us pre-made breakfast for our brunch in the morning. Patti was very responsive to email throughout the process leading up to our big day. I can’t say enough great things about this company!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks for the kind words, Lindsay! The Mash Potato Bar was such a great idea for the appetizers, but I LOVE potatoes so my opinion might be skewed. :) Chef Janell, Katie, and Rae said you and your guests were a dream to serve. Thanks for letting us be a part of you & AJ's wedding. We were honored!

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2017

I'm so glad that we chose Catered Creations to provide the food for our 08/25/17 wedding! All of our guests are still raving about how good the food was!! We couldn't be more satisfied with the quality food and service that we received! The owner, Patti, is such a genuine, sweet lady and truly cared about making our wedding day awesome! She sat down with us and went over all of the options and details, which I appreciated because I had no idea what I was doing! There is no option better than Catered Creations!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Ashley! You were a delight to work with and a stunning bride. We really enjoyed serving you on your wedding day. Send a pic of the two of you when you get a moment.

Amanda · Married on 07/15/2017

I recently had Catered Creations for my wedding at Witt's Inn and it was absolutely amazing! The staff was friendly and accommodating from start to finish. Having our venue in a barn, I was worried we'd run into problems- but both the staff at Witt's Inn and Catered Creations were SO amazing to work with and both teams truly worked to make my wedding day perfect. We were able to incorporate our favorite beer into the Brisket AND had a delicious vegan option for my husband. So many guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. So extremely happy with how amazing everything was! I would recommend Catered Creations to anyone looking for delicious food and great service!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Amanda! The vegan dip we developed for you has now become a client favorite, but when you put beer in it, what's not to like? Your day was beautiful and we were so honored to be a part of it.

Keith · Married on 06/24/2017

We recently worked with Catered Creations for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and honestly cannot praise Sales Director, Patti Zylstra, chef, Janell Mitchell, and the professional staff enough. We had high expectations and everyone involved in the planning, preparation, execution, and serving of our wedding absolutely exceeded our expectations on every level. Our goal was to plan a sophisticated picnic at our home combining our Polish and Appalachian heritage – with locally sourced ingredients. Patti and Chef Janell listened to us, presented excellent choices, gladly took our suggestions, and presented a menu that appealed to everyone. Guests were visibly and audibly thrilled with every aspect of the presentation, food, service, and Patti’s presence and management of the evening. Patti was so accommodating and organized – she even contacted our florist to make sure everything was coordinated. From the passed hors d-oeuvres and charcuterie boards to the creative and delicious main courses (the brisket and porchetta were over the top,) to the local fruit pies for dessert (in lieu of a wedding cake,) everything was perfect. I know, nothing is perfect, but our experience with Catered Creations was, well as close as we’ve ever come with any service provider. We would recommend them to anyone, anytime. #fabulouscaterer

Sent on 06/27/2017

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Keith! Working with you to develop just the right menu and feel for your wedding was such a pleasure. We LOVE it when we're given creative license to create menus and decor that speaks to our clients. So much fun! Keep in touch!

Sherri · Married on 06/17/2017

Catered Creations was AMAZING!!!! You went over and above and completely blew our expectations out of this world. Seriously!! The day was hot, humid, windy and we had a couple huge rain storms that led right up to the wedding ceremony. It was sideways raining in buckets as our guests were arriving - they took cover inside the barn and under the tent. We postponed the wedding 10 minutes (because radar showed it was going to clear) and sure enough the rain stopped and we had a beautiful ceremony and reception!!

Even with all our guests - 264 - lots of them!!, trying to stay dry in the barn - the staff managed to get dinner ready around us!! It could not have been easy!! The buffet lines were beautifully set up, the flowers were gorgeous, the staff was helpful and friendly, the food was out of this world and the service was perfect!! We seriously can not thank you enough or give you enough stars - from the tastings to the wedding, your company was first class!!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Sherri! We're so glad your venue recommended us to cater your daughter's wedding. You never know what the weather's going to throw at you, but we're so glad the rain stopped in time to have a beautiful wedding! It was a pleasure working with you.

Kyle · Married on 05/13/2017

We seriously could not have asked for a better vendor! They were so friendly and easy to work with. Also, their food was AMAZING!!! Everyone kept telling us how great it was!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Kyle! You and Michelle were such a blessing to work with. We LOVED being a part of your day. And what a small world. Finding out Michelle's uncle is an old friend was so special.
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 10/15/2016

Coming from the Chicagoland area, I will admit, when it comes to food my husband(!) and I are pretty picky, it just comes with the city living. That being said, we went to more caterers than I can count in the Southwest MI area looking for a caterer to live up to our expectations, and we honestly thought it wouldn't happen leaving us with subpar food. Then, on our last venture out before we either settled or payed the exorbitant prices that would be involved in hiring a Chicago caterer and getting them to travel, we came across Catered Creations. The sense of relief is something I can't explain. The food was great--if you're doing a fall, or really any season, wedding, I would highly recommend the root vegetable mash--and the prices were much more inline with what we were willing to work with. The ability to customize the food to your taste is a huge bonus, and I was thrilled that they took it upon themselves to dress up the tables to coordinate with our colors and theme. We did buffet style and they even had a server hold my plate and serve up the food for me so that there would be no chance to get it on my dress which I wasn't expecting at all. All in all, I'm so glad we went with them and can't say enough about how wonderful Patti and team were to work with!

Jamie · Married on 08/06/2016

Patti and her team at Catered Creations, Inc were so wonderful to work with for our We Still Do summer wedding in Southwest, MI. She was so flexible throughout the entire process as we planned our entire day from out-of-state. Not only did she help keep everything within our budget, but she also provided some great suggestions to our menu that we would have never thought of otherwise! My mom, who is quite the picky eater, was able to attend the taste testing event for us in Michigan and had only great things to say about the food and service. When it came to the day of of our wedding, everything went as planned and the food and service were just like my mom had described...AMAZING! I highly recommended Catered Creations, Inc as the caterer for your wedding or event!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Catered Creations, Inc.'s reply:

Hi Jamie! Thank you so much for your kind comments. Working with you was such a pleasure right from the start. You truly are as kind as you are beautiful. We hope you and Scott are doing well! Blessings - Patti & Team

Amazing food!!! Very organized team which made my day a lot easier on me!

The quality of food from Catered Creations is amazing. Our guests were very impressed and so was I! We had pulled pork, grilled tilapia, mashed potatoes, cornbread and more. Their cornbread is to die for! Would hire again and highly recommend.

My husband and I used Catered Creations for our wedding. We enjoyed the tasting we attended with my parents and their responses were quick to all of our questions. They arrived on time, everything was delicious and they made the experience wonderful for me and my husband. They did a great job of setting up the tables and buffet, cleaning up and making sure that we were completely satisfied. They even packaged the leftovers, labeled the containers and put them in the fridge for us. Everything was delicious, and we have no regrets about choosing their company.

Patti was fantastic and very easy to work with. We did a pig roast with a number of different sides and had a dessert bar with various bars, cupcakes and mini pies. They made a personal red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting that we cut. They also prepared a quinoa and vegetable stuffed portobello mushroom for our vegan guests, there were 2 extra that we got to try and they were very good! The food was fantastic and the staff very friendly and professional. Our guests also made positive comments about the food and staff. Catered Creations was great to work with and was fantastic on the day. Highly recommend them for any occassion!

Ayad · Married on 10/18/2014

We hired Catered Creations for our YMCA summer camp wedding and we received the best service and food quality we ever had. They were accommodating to customize our menu for a more middle eastern dish style.
    I had the guests complimenting the food throught out our wedding and was told that "this was the best wedding meal i have ever had."
    i highly recommend them for all occasions, you will not be disappointed.

We worked with Patty and her team at Catered Creations for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with the service and food. The people were friendly and they catered to our wants and needs. They were very reasonably priced and everyone raved about the good food.

Liana · Married on 08/09/2014

Catered Creations is amazing! The food was delicious, the service was over the top, and we could not be happier. We received so many compliments about the food and we even had people craving it the next day!

Marlene · Married on 08/02/2014

I received many comments at the wedding reception how helpful the caterers were. I had nothing but good things reported to me and everyone just loved the food!!!

Lana · Married on 07/26/2014

I had a previous relationship with Catered Creations through my event coordinating at a previous job - I always worked with Chris for a lot of our events and she was always the sweetest person to talk to, was always excited about getting creative with the menu, and always came through on everything! I loved talking to her, and I knew that I wanted absolutely NO ONE else to do my wedding.

Catered Creations not only came through, but the food was just beyond outstanding!

Our reception venue had a specific caterer they used, so we had to pay extra to use Catered Creations - I was SO SO glad that I did. Every single person at my wedding raved about the food. Everything we ordered tasted wonderful! There were a few stand out dishes that got raved about though - the spinach salad was amazing! My husband and I debated on this salad, because he loves caesar salad so much, but I really pushed for the spinach and it did not disappoint - guests went on and on about it, and the poppy seed dressing was just insane. Who would have thought that a salad would be so talked about? Catered Creations has that affect. Also - the pork tenderloin with the pineapple chutney, the lemon herb chicken (grilled fresh on site), and the goat cheese pasta with roasted balsamic vegetables were winners according to everyone.

We also had a late night snack made from a recipe my father-in-law gave them, and we ran out of it because guests were eating it so fast (I didn't even get to try it, it was so popular!)

Chris and Patty were amazing. Chris personally got me all of my food and her and Patty checked in on all of our guests throughout the night. My mother was stressed and Chris saw that and waited on her personally so she could have a break. SO thoughtful!!

Honestly, the people are amazing and so is the food. Your wedding day is special and food is so important - If you want great pricing, service, food and the sweetest employees in the world, go with Catered Creations!

What a great job Catered Creations did on my daughters wedding. We had breakfast foods, I had so many complements. I had friends say it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Patti and her team will go that extra mile for you. They try to make as little work for the bride and her family as possible. Thanks so much for an amazing reception.

Becky · Married on 06/20/2014

I'd like to start off by saying that the staff at Catered Creations were an absolute blessing to work with. They sincerely care about you and making your wedding day special! They were so accommodating to absolutely anything you could request. Patti, one of the owners, also offered us abundant information, ideas, and suggestions for almost every aspect of our wedding! It was great! And the food is phenomenal. We got so many compliments. I recommend the mashed potato bar for sure! :) Lots of options to choose from, they offer a food tasting, very flexible. Great catering company!

THE BEST!!! I'm so glad we found this place! When we booked The Cheney Place, they held a few different catering tasting events. It was a great way to sample many local caterers. Our favorite was Catered Creations. They do an amazing job. Everything we tasted was delicious, making it hard to choose our menu, not a bad thing! Patti was wonderful to work with and even helped us with reception ideas and timeline. They've been doing this for a long time, so we liked hearing their suggestions and advice.
    The staff was very professional and friendly. The pricing was very reasonable.
    Our reception dinner was great and we had so many complements. I just wish I could have eaten more of everything!

My mother and I loved working with Patti and her amazing team. They helped us not only with the food and menu but also with details I wouldn't have even thought of. They were focused on the flow of the reception and making sure that food was hot until the last guest got their plate, they made sure we would have silverware even for dessert and making sure our guests had a hydration station post-meal. My husband and I had an attendant that waited on just us and she made sure that we had everything we needed (even found us a knife/server for cake cutting when we forgot). People continue to say that the food at our wedding was one of the highlights and the best food they have ever had at a wedding.

We also did pies for dessert and their pie display was incredible and went perfectly with our theme. The rush of guests to the pie bar was like nothing I'd ever seen...everyone loved them!

Patti was so professional and her experience really showed. She has pride in her crew and for good reason. I wish they had a restaurant so I could try all the food they make.

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2013

Everything on our wedding menu was delicious and our guests said it was the best food they have ever had at the wedding. For an appetizer we had the warm seafood dip which was a huge hit. For dinner some of the favorites were the Michigan Pot Roast, cosmo salad, and cornbread! It was nice that we were able to change our menu to fit "autumn" foods instead of a traditional white rolls and plain salads that many other vendors offer only. The service was great, the staff was very professional and the table settings looked great. We would definitely recommend Catered Creations!

Patti and everyone at Catered Creations really did go above and beyond the call of duty for our reception. Patti was very, very patient with my endless questions. She always answered and even contacted me a few times to clarify that we were on the same page about our menu. We got to create an awesome menu that our guests loved, and Patti allowed us the freedom to customize certain items.

They were on time, the food was great (guests raved about the cornbread, stuffed mushrooms, and pig roast). And even helped replenish our dessert table, which took some stress off my mom. The cleanup was quick, servers were polite and helpful, and we received some great leftovers.