Cater 2 Events Reviews

Cater 2 Events 2
  • Emily

Emily Eastman · Married on 04/27/2019

We LOVE Cater 2 Events!!

10 out of 5 stars!! Cater 2 Events is the absolute BEST caterer around and without-a-doubt, one of the best wedding vendors you can find. You will never regret working with them because they are so much more than a catering business -- they became like family to us and exemplified TRUE Southern hospitality! Lona, Gill, Kelly, and entire team are the sweetest, most genuine people, and it is without hesitation that we would recommend them to any bride or family planning an event. We knew we wanted to work with them as soon as we stepped into their lovely, quaint location where they hosted us for a tasting. They immediately made us feel at home and had printed out personalized menus for each of us. That was just the start of it -- as soon as we tasted all of Lona's incredible foods she had prepared, it was a done deal! Cater 2 Events worked with us and our wedding planner to help bring our vision to life by being flexible, working with our budget, being extremely organized and communicative, and inspiring us with creative, delicious ideas for hors d'oevres and dinner courses. They even let us come in for a second tasting to hone our menu again! Lona followed up on each interaction by mailing me a handwritten note expressing her gratitude for working with them...I mean, we were totally spoiled!!

Cater 2 Events brought our vision of individual first-course cheese boards to life, and the beautiful pictures can hardly do justice to the way they were perfectly arranged and executed. Our guests still can't stop talking about them almost three months later! Cater 2 Events was punctual, preparing and distributing dishes to our more than 200 guests in a smooth, timely manner at the reception. They went above and beyond, such as adding in a last-minute late night snack and picking up our cakes from another local vendor the day-of. Their staff was warm and hospitable, and even as the busy bride the day of the wedding I will never forget their friendly smiles and the way they went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed from their cocktail hour staff, to bartenders, to dinner staff. They even made a personalized cheese board for my husband who had jokingly requested a special cheese, and Gill drove home a groomsmen of ours at the end of the night who had...um...a little too much fun.:) I could go on...but I hope it's obvious that these wonderful people truly show what it's like to earnestly and successfully run a client business the right way (especially in an industry as tough as weddings!) They have been so great at staying in touch since the wedding, and our family cannot say good enough things about them. You better believe we'll refer them to anyone and everyone who listens! Thank you, Cater 2 Events - we're forever grateful!

Cater 2 Events 3
    Cater 2 Events 4
    Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 12/31/2018

Don't Look Any Further - Cater2Events is the Best!

From start to finish, Lona and her team made the catering process/decisions so stress free. During our preliminary conversations, the team asked thoughtful questions to help design a menu that would delicious and palatable for a large crowd in June. They also were interested in hearing our opinions and tailoring it specifically to our tastes and budget.

Lona and her husband prepared our tasting for us, and it was such an intimate, personal experience. They shared stories of their own marriage, while serving us each course. They took our feedback seriously, and they also offered their helpful opinions. For instance, Lona helped us realize the value in having a cheese and fruit display, which we never would have thought of, and it ended up being a huge hit! She also recommended a plated salad, so the guests would have something to nibble on while they waited for the buffet. She also attended our final walkthrough with the venue to ensure that we were all on the same page.

Day of, everything was perfect. The presentation was beautiful, and we got so many compliments on the mixed-matched china that Cater2Events provided. The food was all delicious, and my husband and I both appreciated that they made sure we took the time to actually eat. Everyone we talked to left full and happy, and several of our guests are still talking about the mashed potatoes.

Finally, the waitstaff was attentive and engaging. It was so nice to see them joking around with the guests, and (I hope) having as much fun as we were.

If you haven't booked your catering yet, you should definitely give Cater2Events a call!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 10/06/2018

Cannot day enough good things about Cater2Events!!!

Cater2Events is hands down the best caterer in Virginia-but they’re so much more than just a caterer. 1) Food is exceptional in deliciousness, quality, creativity, and options. 2) Service is out of this world. I will truly forever be sad my wedding is over because I won’t get to meet with Lona, Gill, and Kelly on a regular basis. They are a pleasure to work with and they deliver everything they promise!! Also, the staffing for the event was flawless. There were no lines at the bars, dishes cleaned up promptly, super attentive to me and my husband. They were so effencient and professional the event was perfection. 3) Creativity is a huge factor that sets C2E far and away from any competitor. We had a beer boat, a bourbon bar, used my grandmothers china, specialty cocktails, stations for every food style we love (southern, seafood, pasta, etc). They set up the room BEAUTIFULLY! Any idea my mom and I had they took it and ran with it making our dreams a reality. My wedding felt SO special and personalized. My wedding would not have been the same without them. Single handedly the best decision we made throughout the whole wedding planning process and we would not have been able to achieve HALF as much as we did without them. And they are just the absolute best people to work with!!! I can’t wait to plan a reunion or anniversary party of some sort with them. Best decision we made!! Love you C2E!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Cater 2 Events's reply:

Catherine, we absolutely loved being a part of your special day! We so enjoyed getting to know you and your family. Families like yours keep us going and truly are the reason we do what we do!
    You know we are ready for the next party!

L · Married on 09/23/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cater 2 Events. From my first contact with Kelly, to the tasting with Lona & Gil, to the amazing food served at our daughter's wedding the whole experience was worth every penny we spent. As my husband said at the tasting, "This is food I will be proud to serve our guests." The professionalism and genuineness of everyone involved was an added bonus.
    We wanted something a bit different than the usual wedding fare and the southern themed wedding reception we wanted to create was helped along by the (amazing) ham biscuits, Virginia crab dip, and shrimp &grits.
    We are still receiving compliments on the food and requests for the caterer's name. I am so glad we chose Cater 2 Events for this special event. Can't wait to hire them again as it will be like reuniting with friends. If our friends could produce such great food!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

Best Caterer!

Cater 2 Events was a big reason why our wedding was so amazing this past September! We knew immediately after the tasting that Lona and her team were the "one"s! They were so easy to communicate with and gave great suggestions while still taking into consideration what was important to us. We had Greek cuisine and the food was absolutely delicious. Our guests could not stop raving about the LAMB CHOPS!! Also during the planning process, Lona came to our walk through at the venue and was so kind and patient with the million questions. Even after the wedding we got a sweet basket from C2E giving their best wishes. We are so happy that we chose Cater 2 Events and I'm drooling even thinking about those sweet potato ham biscuits. Thank you Lona and C2E!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Beth Davis · Married on 09/15/2018

Cater2Events Was AMAZING!

From start to finish, Lona and her team couldn't have been better! Presentation was perfect, and the food that was provided was outstanding. Planning was seamless! On top of all of this, Lona took care of details we hadn't even thought of. We couldn't have asked for more! Rave reviews for Cater2Events!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Hi Beth!!
    Thank you so much!! We loved being a part of such a special celebration!! You and your family are such a joy to work with.
    Cheers to the happy couple!

Carmen · Married on 09/01/2018

I can't say enough good things about these wonderful people. We were treated so well from the second we walked into their shop. The tasting was unbelievably delicious and they offered us so many incredible options! They were responsive to all of my incessant emailing through the decision-making process, and they even let me design some of the dishes myself. They also provided the bar service at the wedding, and literally everything went so well. People raved about the food. We couldn't have been more satisfied. Thanks Lona and Gil!!

Sent on 10/05/2018
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 06/09/2018

I knew as soon as I walked into my tasting with Cater2Events that I would book them. Lona and her team are so sweet and not to mention the food is AMAZING! We used them for rehearsal and reception dinner, and we got so many compliments about the service, presentation, and food. Thank you for being a part of our big day. We will be coming by to get some of your sweet potato ham biscuits.

Sent on 06/26/2018

A · Married on 05/27/2018

Cater 2 Events is an amazing company because of people and of course, the delicious food! Lona and Gill are some of the warmest, friendliest people we met during our wedding planning process. They came highly recommended from our wedding planner and after our first tasting, we immediately made the decision to use their catering services for our wedding. They also do desserts - we wanted to have a small cutting cake for us and to serve different types of cobbler to our guests so Lona made it happen (we are still dreaming about her peach and blackberry cobbler)! The food is delicious, the presentation/displays were beautiful, the serving staff was a pleasure to work with, and the cost is very reasonable. Although our dream wedding day is now over, we definitely will be using their catering services in the future!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Cater 2 Events's reply:

We loved meeting you and Philip, and enjoyed every minute of your beautiful wedding! We look forward to a chance to work with you in the future!
    Cheers!

Allison · Married on 10/07/2017

Lona, Gill, and the rest of Cater2Events are fantastic! They worked with us to create menus that were perfect for both our rehearsal and reception dinners. They also accommodated special requests and eating restrictions without any hesitation. Lona's mismatched vintage china added such a unique touch to our table settings. Our guests are still raving about the food at our wedding and some even told us it was the best they'd ever had. I also love that they are a family run business. Nearly every member of the waitstaff was related to Lona or Gill in some way or another, and all of them made us and our guests feel like we were part of the family too. They came highly recommended to us by our wedding coordinator at Kim Moody Design and they did not disappoint!

Sent on 11/06/2017

A · Married on 09/17/2017

From the moment we walked in to do our tasting, we were instantly sold! Lona is incredible. She made us feel like family during our tasting and to say the samples were incredible is a huge understatement! Menu planning was so easy and she and her team were very responsive to emails throughout our planning process. She was able to easily accommodate several guests with food allergies too! The day of our wedding couldn't have gone more smoothly! They provided our place settings. The staff who worked our event were so friendly and professional! The food was even better than the day of our tasting! Would recommend Cater2Events over and over and over!

Sent on 12/21/2017
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 07/29/2017

Lona was fantastic! Her food is amazing...and a side note (which I wish I knew) she also does wedding planning!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

The food is so tasty! They are extremely professional and easy to work with. They answer any questions you have very fast! All of our guests loved the food! Would highly recommend this company to anyone!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Carter · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband I got married on April 29, 2017. We had friends who used Cater 2 Events for their weddings so we decided to look into it and boy am I glad we did! Lona was SO wonderful to work with from beginning to end. She was so much more then a caterer but also helped lead us in the right direction with other planning aspects of the wedding. She even had some beautiful vintage china that we used at our reception. Her food is hands down AMAZING. All of the feedback we got from guests in regards to our food was nothing but positive. Some crowd favorites were the crab cakes and the sweet potato ham biscuits. She even helped us come up with some fun ideas for our signature drinks and desserts. She really went the extra mile for us and it really shows how genuine she is and how much she loves her work! I did not have a single worry on the day of my wedding and a lot of that is because of the help of her and her staff. I highly, highly recommend this caterer!!!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Daniel · Married on 10/22/2016

We used Cater 2 Events for both our rehearsal dinner and our reception, and our guests are still raving about the food. Lona and Gill are so nice, their food is unbelievable, and everything is very affordable (I still can't believe the low price for an open bar!). I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 02/23/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/24/2015

Lona and Gil were awesome! They were recommended to us by one of my coworkers, I booked them, and now another coworker of ours has booked with them for her wedding this year - that's how happy we all were. The food is just amazing and sweet potato ham biscuits are one of her specialities - perfect for our southern plantation wedding!

Our guests said the food was the best food they'd ever eaten at a wedding - literally all of our guests said this. Lona & Gil were very accommodating, worked within our budget and were so fun to be around! Our tasting was included in the cost, they handled all of the alcohol, and their staff were all very professional on the day of the wedding. Lona also offers wedding coordination services which we used and so glad we did. She made everything perfect for our wedding and really exceeded all of our expectations. I highly recommend Cater2events. My parents can't wait to use her again whenever my sister decides to get married! ;)

Sent on 01/04/2016
  • I

Iesha · Married on 08/23/2013

Lona and Gill were great. Food was delicious. There is nothing but wholesome goodness in those sweet potato ham buscuits! We loved our food, and we loved Lona's personality!!!!! If you need a quick pick me up, Lona's food will do the trick. Please book her services, you will love every bite!!!

Sent on 11/14/2013