Cate Beth Photography Reviews

Cate Beth Photography 5
Cate Beth Photography 6
Cate Beth Photography 7

Danae · Married on 08/04/2018

My fiancé was nervous about smiling all day and getting ordered around by a stiff photographer. This was not the case with Cate! She was hilarious, kind, and respectful. She made both of us feel so comfortable. When I was stressed with family things she totally stepped in to take over and direct everyone smoothly. She worked so well with our three videographers, to make sure everyone got every shot they wanted. I would hire her back in a heartbeat.

Peri · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I loved working with Cate as our wedding photographer! She was reliable, communicative, and had a great sense of humor, which helped eased some wedding day freak outs. Cate's professionalism and friendly demeanor was amazing to work with, and made the whole process incredibly stress free. She truly listened to what we wanted and had an stellar artistic input. Not only did we love working with her, but all of our family and friends adored her as our photographer. The photos were stunning and beyond what we could have asked for. I would highly recommend her as a photographer for any special event in your life!

Christina · Married on 05/07/2018

My now-husband and I LOVED Cate! She is such a delightful human, and really made us feel comfortable on our wedding day. I knew she was an excellent photographer as soon as I saw pics of my friend's wedding - and everyone I knew looked so great! Her skills did not disappoint. She was unobtrusive to our ceremony and reception, and still got the perfect shots that we wanted. She helped us feel comfortable while she took our photos - where we would normally feel awkward and silly with the spotlight on us; my husband and I commented to each other at the end of the day that we felt comfortable enough with her that she felt like a good friend. She’s professional, talented, fun, passionate about her work, and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Devin · Married on 03/17/2018

If I could give Cate 10 stars, I would. From the very start of our discussions with her, she was extremely flexible and so incredibly sweet. While working with her, she was extremely professional while also friendly and approachable. After our countless phone calls and meetings, having her at our wedding felt more like having another friend there than a 'vendor'. From the very start to the end product, Cate Beth is one of the best in the business. She is extremely passionate about what she does and she does it with a smile on her face. When we had our engagement photos done she was getting over a cold, but she climbed half way up a mountain to take the most breath taking photos of us. And when you look at the final product, you can tell that nothing can get her down. When we did our wedding photos and wanted some shots at sunset on some cliffs, we had to climb through a field with a ton of mud, but she was such a trooper and up for anything. Her delivery of the photos was always on time(if not ahead of schedule), and they were so amazing! Not to mention our wedding album(that was a part of our package), was DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. I can't say enough good things about this woman, her talents, and the business she is building.

Tricia · Married on 02/11/2018

Cate was amazing throughout the entire process. You can tell she knows what she is doing. She guided us seemlessly through choosing what we wanted out of a photo package and helped us plan everything ahead of time. I received so many compliments from friends and family at the wedding for her. She is fun, flexible, and some how got all the photos we wanted - including getting everyone in family photos, which I knew would be tough with a large family. She also got the finished product back to us in a timely manner. I highly recommend her, so worth it!! We are in love with our photos.

Lauren · Married on 01/28/2018

Everything about having Cate as our photographer was PHENOMENAL. It felt like getting to work with a good friend and she made everything about the process so easy and fun. The day of, all the group photos went so smoothly because she was so prepared, organized, and great with working with people. We just got to enjoy the process and didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Andthe photos were absolutely gorgeous. She captured so many fun, meaningful moments, knew how to make us both feel natural while taking pics, and did an amazing job editing them! I really couldn’t recommend her enough!!

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

Cate is one of those talented photographers and kind + caring humans you will ever meet! She was there for me when I got engaged to take photos of the proposal and some photos afterwards! I loved everything about the images and she was so quick in the turn around time to get them to me and they were absolutely perfect!

I've also had the pleasure to work with her at weddings and she has so much passion for her work and cares so much for her clients and their families. She's there to capture your day but is also so willing to do anything for her couples. I haven't met another vendor so committed to her clients and willing to help them in any way she can. She also makes sure that her clients are comfortable, having a great time and all of that is reflected in her photos.

Overall, she's incredibly genuine, talented, and so fun to work with! As a client of hers and a fellow vendor, I would highly recommend Cate Beth Photography! She's absolutely worth it all!

Cate Beth Photography 8

Lindsey · Married on 10/07/2017

Cate Beth Photography gave me more than just photography services for my wedding. Cate was instrumental in helping me envision my day, give me advice when I asked, and made my photo-shy husband feel wonderful the entire day of our wedding. Cate is friendly, engaging, and easy to work with for both brides- and grooms-to-be, but for their families and friends too. Cate really took care to make sure she caught beautiful, real, engaging, fun, joyful, romantic, and stylized shots for me. One of my favorite things Cate does is use pictures that others might consider off or awkward or just not perfect - and she edits them beautifully to create a really wonderful storyline for the day - not JUST those perfect shots. It almost made me feel like I had a videographer! At the end of the day, when I finally saw all these photos for the first time, I just cried because of how incredibly Cate and her assistant captured those joyous moments that recreated my whole wedding day for me. I will treasure every single photo forever.

Kelly · Married on 05/20/2017

Cate is seriously the best! She did our engagement photos and our wedding day photos and we can't get over how amazing they turned out. But what sets Cate apart from the rest is how comfortable she makes you feel. She has special tricks to catch those candid shots and knows how to catch the light so perfectly that makes the photos look magical. When it came to the wedding day she made sure to keep us all on schedule and helped make the day run smoothly.

I definitely recommend Cate Beth Photography!!!

Cate Beth Photography 9
    Cate Beth Photography 16
    Cate Beth Photography 17
    Cate Beth Photography 18

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

Cate was an incredible photographer. My husband and I really felt like she understood our vision, style, and personalities. She was so accommodating at every step of the process and was willing to go the extra mile (sometimes literally!). Our photos are truly gorgeous and timeless, a source of pride!

Cate Beth Photography 19

Melody · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I have had Cate photograph so many different and special occasions for us - our proposal and engagement, the first look at our wedding (while doubling as a bridesmaid no less), personal professional portraits, our first Christmas card - and every time we've been blown away by the photos we receive. She's shot for us on beaches, in parks, urban settings, indoors and outdoors, and she always works magic to make beautiful pictures happen. She works with ease in each of these settings, making you feel comfortable and confident. This is especially important to me as I need a lot of direction to know how to pose - she keeps me laughing and having fun during the whole process! She's passionate about photography and people, and loves making people's day with her work. However, what truly sets Cate apart is her dedication to making sure your entire session (especially a wedding day) goes smoothly. Many people don't realize that a photographer plays a critical role in the organization of a wedding, coordinating with other vendors and keeping everything on schedule. Next to an actual wedding coordinator, your photographer will be the most essential person to move the day along as photos tend to dictate a lot of the schedule. Cate is always respectful, asking her couples what is most important to them in each moment - for example, sneaking extra photos if they can miss a few minutes of cocktail hour, or helping keep family photos on schedule when things get chaotic. I've watched her step in to help at almost every wedding she's shot, going above and beyond, pulling from her deep knowledge and experience - saving the day with a bobby pin, an extra hand to finish decor, or even offering a couple five minutes together to collect themselves on a stressful day. In essence, you want your photographer, who spends 90% of your wedding day with you, to be someone you can trust. And you can trust Cate completely!

Cate Beth Photography 20
    Cate Beth Photography 21
    Cate Beth Photography 22
    Cate Beth Photography 23
    Cate Beth Photography 24
    Cate Beth Photography 25
    Cate Beth Photography 26

Courtney · Married on 08/20/2016

My wife and I loved working with Cate for our wedding. We could tell right away that she wanted to get to know us and make sure we got exactly what we wanted out of the photos, and we were confident from our first interaction with her that she would provide us with awesome pictures. She made the wedding photos process very smooth and took away a lot of the major stress from the day. I was really impressed by the amount of time she spent with us. She was willing to see the venue prior to shooting our big day and that put my mind at ease. Most importantly, her pictures turned out amazing! Having a photographer who has a great understanding for what you are looking for and also a great understanding for how to get that done really makes the entire process fun and enjoyable. We highly, highly recommend Cate and so appreciated having her capture every important moment from our big day!

Since our wedding, we have turned to Cate to help us capture some sweet moments with our dog that we learned was going to pass away quickly. She has worked with us in some of our most vulnerable and emotional moments and we are super grateful to her. We look forward to working with Cate again in the future.

Cate Beth Photography 27
    Cate Beth Photography 28
    Cate Beth Photography 29
    Cate Beth Photography 30
    Cate Beth Photography 31

Mariah · Married on 07/03/2016

Cate is a long time friend from college and I already loved her style of photography, so choosing her as our wedding photographer was an obvious and easy choice. She was seriously so wonderful - from going over my day-of schedule & timeline with me a few weeks out, to literally taking bobby pins out of her own hair to fix mine on a windy day - she is every bit as kind as she is professional. She makes you feel absolutely comfortable in front of the camera and makes the whole experience so fun. You will definitely not be disappointed with the photos you get back either. They're pure magic.

Cate Beth Photography 32
    Cate Beth Photography 33
    Cate Beth Photography 34
    Cate Beth Photography 35

Victoria · Married on 12/27/2015

Cate shot both our proposal photos and engagement photos. She is one of the most genuine and kind-hearted individuals that I know. Cate treats her clients with great respect and her sense of ease allows you to feel relaxed in front of the camera, producing beautiful candid and authentic photographs. It was so important to have an experienced photographer during these special moments to help us relive them later on because frankly, the overwhelming joy that comes with a proposal makes you forget a lot of the sweet little details! Not only is Cate excited to photograph a piece of your love story, but she will also go out of her way to make the experience memorable and special. For instance, she woke up in the middle of night and hiked over a mile in the dark with us to beat the sun just so my now husband and I could take our engagement photos in the quiet and deserted morning next to a waterfall. So if you're questioning which photographer to choose to capture your special day or life event, we highly recommend Cate Beth Photography!

Cate Beth Photography 36
    Cate Beth Photography 43
    Cate Beth Photography 44
    Cate Beth Photography 45

Briana · Married on 10/24/2015

Cate was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to having her continue to photograph my family for years. From engagement photos, to our wedding to my graduation pictures, Cate was flexible, fun, professional and delivered quality photos!

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

Cate took our engagement photos and she was so wonderful and accommodating as our schedule changed multiple times, and she found the PERFECT spots for us to take pictures in Folsom!! She makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera, wants to hear your love story and hear about your wedding preparations. She is silly, so talented, and her photos are such high quality that we used them on our wedding website, for thank-you cards, for our guest book, and we will continue to cherish them for the years to come. Taking engagement photos is SO worth it and I highly recommend Cate!!

Cate Beth Photography 46
    Cate Beth Photography 47
    Cate Beth Photography 48

Laura · Married on 08/27/2016

We were so thankful to have Cate photograph our most important day. She has a great eye for capturing light and little details. Cate knows how to keep the timeline of the day on track so that you capture all the shots and stay on schedule. She also got our photos back to us quickly! I highly recommend her.

Cate Beth Photography 49