Casual Gourmet Reviews

150 | Centerville, MA

150 Reviews for Casual Gourmet

Katie · Married on 09/05/2010

The Casual Gourmet was so great to work with. The cake was beautiful and delicious. They were so patient with us allowing us to drop off items for the cake at the very last minute! It turned out better than i imagined!!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Christina · Married on 08/14/2010

Our wedding cake was included as part of our package with Ocean Edge Resort. We went for a tasting and picked our design and flavors. It was an enjoyable experience. The cake came just as we had requested and was both beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 08/29/2011

Darcy · Married on 07/31/2010

Our cake was absolutely perfect! We had a lot of fun at the tasting and the cake turned out exactly how we wanted it. Not only did it look beautiful, it tasted delicious as well!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Peggy · Married on 11/21/2009

Our cake was simple, elegant, and absolutely delicious!!

Sent on 12/11/2009
  • Y

Yumi · Married on 09/12/2009

I worked with Mary at Casual Gourmet on a rehearsal dinner for 100 guests and a wedding reception for 150 guests. Mary was helpful through the planning process, offering great advice and being responsive to all our requests. She guided us through the menu process and provided delicious food in a beautiful presentation. We received so many complements on the food from our guests! She and her staff are very professional and our events went smoothly thanks to their efforts and attention to detail. And because Mary was there to oversee everything, we were able to enjoy both events to the fullest.

It was such a pleasure working with Mary and her team! I highly recommend them and I look forward to working with Casual Gourmet in the future!

Sent on 02/13/2010

Alison · Married on 08/01/2009

Mary from the Casual Gourmet was amazing to work with! We had our wedding at a private residence and Mary went above and beyond. We met on the Thursday before the wedding to go over last minute details and when I told her about our rehearsal she came on Friday to help out. She was very flexible with my requests and I can not say enough good things about her. Her staff was great as well. They were dressed professionally and did a great job with the food, which was amazing (especially the tenderloin). We had a buffet style dinner and they did a great job decorating the buffet. The table linens were clean and crisp and the place settings were nice. We decided to try the cake at Casual Gourmet because we had already decided to go with them as our caterer and I am so happy I did! Not only was our cake absolutely delicious but it was gorgeous as well.

Sent on 02/08/2010

Tricia · Married on 06/20/2009

Y-U-M! Not your typical wedding cake...it was fresh and delicious! We were able to pick a couple of flavors to use on the different layers. Sarah was very laid back and friendly and they have tons of ideas and pictures to look through. I brought a picture of my own and they were happy to make one just like it. Lucky for us, our wedding package from the Ocean Edge included the cake from the Casual Gourmet...but I would definitely recommend them to any other bride on Cape Cod!!

Sent on 07/07/2009

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2008

I am so happy I hired the Casual Gourmet for my wedding! I had a somewhat non-traditional wedding, and Cheryl at the Casual Gourmet was wonderfully helpful at coming up with ideas and offering advice to create the casual yet elegant atmosphere I was striving to attain for my wedding. As a catering company, they truly went above and beyond. They helped plan and assisted with wedding coordination the day of the event. Even when I had a problem with my tent, they worked with the tent company to deal with the issue. Their professionalism and responsiveness enabled me to relax during the day, since I knew we were in the best of hands. The food was wonderful--my guests are still raving about it!

Sent on 05/24/2009

Ann · Married on 09/08/2018

Casual Gourmet was Fantastic!! I would highly recommend them. They are professional, prompt, customer service is amazing and the food was fabulous! Our guests raved about the apps and dinner. We did stations - beef tenderloin, salmon (cooked to perfection), chowder station (was a huge hit), roasted veggies and pasta (also a big hit). Our coordinator Lisa was there from the rehearsal to the end of the wedding night and ran that reception without a hitch. (If there was one, I didn't know about it!) She did everything from running the rehearsal to putting out the lawn games and making sure the bride and groom were fed. The bartenders Brian and Brian were friendly and saw to it that everyone had what they wanted. At the end of the night, all was tucked/locked away and grounds completely cleaned up. When we arrived to clear out our personal belongings the grounds were completely cleared up. The wedding and reception were all that my daughter and her husband had wanted. Casual Gourmet you are Fabulous!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Colleen · Married on 06/23/2018

When it comes to wedding catering, Casual Gourmet is simply the best. They catered our backyard tented wedding and as a result of their work, it was not only flawless but the best night of our lives. We worked with Kelly for most of the logistics, contracting, and early planning including our tasting and she was fabulous: friendly, flexible, and responsive.

We were fortunate to also have Olive as our day-of event manager due to the unique logistics of the backyard setup. Olive knows her stuff and provided great practical advice on best practices for how to make the event go smoothly. Olive and her team handled a huge amount of the logistics including vendor coordination and rentals. Olive came to the property several times, including when vendors were setting up on site. My husband and I pay incredible attention to detail and yet Casual Gourmet, and Olive in particular, went far above and beyond our expectations. There were one or two times in the planning process where Casual Gourmet was a bit rigid but this is primarily because they have been doing this for years and they tend to know what will work best. That being said, they did graciously accommodate several special requests (e.g. boxing up extra cake for guests to take home, special arrangements for food allergies, etc.)

On the day of the event, the servers, bartenders, and staff were incredibly hard working and friendly. There was never a line at the bar and the food was truly phenomenal - many guests commented the best they had ever had at a wedding. In addition, there were bountiful appetizers and the presentation was flawless. Finally, Casual Gourmet did a special surprise groom's cake that was incredible - and received dozens of compliments from guests for its design (and the three cake flavors, fillings, and frostings were delicious.)

They are worth every penny and we could not recommend them more highly. They are the best in the business.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Champagne on the dining table for the wedding party as they recessed after the ceremony was a very nice touch. We hadn't discussed this and it was a very nice surprise. Event went off with only a momentary lag in one of the dinner stations. Corrected quickly.

Sent on 01/02/2014

shelia · Married on 07/06/2013

The Casual Gourmet was excellent! The service was wonderful as well as the food. The casual gourmet far exceeded my expectations. Each person knew exactly what to do and when to do it. They even handled much of the decorating. I would recommend them to handle any catering event. WONDERFUL! Shelia Lambine, Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/15/2013

When I booked my wedding venue, the cake was included in my package and I didn't have a choice of where I could go - I wasn't very upset about that especially when we showed up at our tasting and everything was awesome! It was really easy to set everything up, the tasting was quick AND delicious, and most of all, the cake on our wedding day was just as good as I'd remembered. We are glad we were forced to use the casual gourmet!!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Adam · Married on 10/06/2012

The Casual Gourmet went above and beyond my expectations. From the first meeting we felt confident with the Casual Gourmet and they continued to be so helpful in planning and helping with the complexity of our site. We had our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be and they made it come to life. The food was delicious (especially the beef!) and the service was warm and friendly. We were happy with everything the Casual Gourmet did!

Sent on 11/23/2012

Devon · Married on 09/17/2011

Let me first start out by saying that on the day of my wedding, my cake was EXACTLY how I had pictured it. On top of that, it was delicious! Now let me back up a bit....

The only slight problem I had with this venue was that I contacted them 4 days prior to my wedding and they said they had no record of my order. HOWEVER, after explaining a couple more details and the staff talked amongst themselves, they quickly remembered my order. Not only that, but they designed the PERFECT cake. I believe this misunderstanding had something to do with the fact that I live in Montana and we got married in Cape Cod. Planning from afar was pretty difficult, but they truly made it easier by allowing me to send pictures via email to describe my vision.

All in all, I would highly recommend this vendor for an ideal place to get your wedding cake.

Sent on 11/09/2011
  • Artemio

Artemio · Married on 10/18/2008

I really didn't have to worry to much about catering thanks to Casual Gourmet.Cheryl helped us plan our menu and was very friendly and creative all the way through.Their staff did a great job and the setup up on our wedding day was very professional. I received several comments about the food being fabulous.Highly recommend them for your special day!

Sent on 05/29/2009
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Great cake!

We ordered a three tier cake and cannolis. The cake was fantastic and beautiful. Unfortunately the cannolis were not great, no taste or sweetness to them. With 100 ordered only about were eaten, wish we had gone without them completely.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Could not have had a better experience with Casual Gourmet. They accommodated my Vegan grandparents, provided Libby for my day of coordinator, allowed us to mix and match our favorite foods (pizza, beef, raw bar, vegetables), designed the most beautiful cake, served our signature drinks all night, and overall were incredibly professional! Olive is wonderful, and Mary was always quick to reply to emails. Excellent service you cannot go wrong.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Mary from Casual Gourmet was really wonderful. She was very responsive. She helped make the day run perfectly and I have no regrets about using casual gourmet. The food for dinner was delicious. Although my new husband or I didn't get to eat any of the oysters or clams on the raw bar, the feedback from other guests was stellar - they could not stop talking about how great the oysters were!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

I recently got married at Heritage Museums and Gardens in Sandwich, MA using The Casual Gourmet (which is the exclusive caterer for the venue) and it was a everything I wanted it to be. The Casual Gourmet and especially my coordinator, Stephanie Diaz Eldredge, helped make my wedding day absolutely perfect. Stephanie was there with me every step of the way, helping coordinate all my vendors and making sure the whole process from the very beginning to the end of my wedding day flowed smoothly. In addition, the service and the food was amazing. I can't say enough about them as caterers and Stephanie. Thanks for making my special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2013

Casual gourmet was excellent to work with. We were very pleased with their flexibility and quality of food! Heather did a great job with rehearsal and the day of and certainly went out of her way to keep us happy. We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Chelsea and Martin

Sent on 10/07/2013

The Casual Gourmet was absolutely fabulous. We paid quite a bit for the food, but it was delicious!! Especially the appetizers. I strongly recommend the "Chowder Bar." It was so unique, The chowder was delicious and piping hot, and all of our guests commented on how wonderful and unique it was. The staff was very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Casual gourmet did a wonderful job catering our wedding. Mary was always prompt, responsive and really easy to work with. We did not want to have a formal seated meal, we wanted more of a "grazing party" without assigned seating and tables of several different sizes. Casual Gourmet heard our vision and worked hard to help us execute it. Everything came together beautifully. All of our guests really loved the food! We wanted to use pies from our local bakery and they were also really flexible and great about this. To top it all off, we did not use a wedding planner but Mary served as a coordinator for the day of the wedding. She is incredibly knowledgeable about many different kinds of vendors on the Cape and does a great job coordinating everything on our wedding day. We would really recommend the Casual Gourmet to anyone thinking of getting married on the Cape!

Sent on 01/11/2014

Nicki · Married on 09/15/2012

The Casual Gourmet, who serviced our wedding for us at the Heritage Museum & Gardens in Sandwich, MA, was great! Would definitely recommend. Sarah (who acted as our wedding coordinator) & her staff were SO helpful throughout the entire process, particularly during the last few frantic days of preparation. She accommodated all of our wishes/changes/ etc. The food was delicious. And all of our guests are still talking about the day. It really went perfectly. We also loved how we were able to bring in our own alcohol, though I'm not sure this will be an option in the future. The only teeny complaint I had was the length of time (5 hours, had to be out by 10:30 sharp). It sounds like a lot of time initially but even after keeping the ceremony to 20 minutes, we wished we had more time for dancing at the end. But overall, we had THE BEST time & I can't say enough good things about Sarah for being such a huge help, she really was the best!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Our cake was beyond delicious. Sampling their cake and coming up with our design was simple and easy. I had so many ideas going into the meeting that I was not sure what I would end up with. They took my jumbled thoughts and turned them into a yummy gorgeous cake that people commented on all night!

Sent on 08/03/2012