Casual Gourmet Reviews

150 | Centerville, MA

150 Reviews for Casual Gourmet

Jennifer · Getting married on 04/10/2021

The cake was amazing! So moist and delicious!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Lindsay · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Absolutely Perfect

I cannot say enough about Olive and her team at the Casual Gourmet. From start to finish, the service provided was second to none. I had to make several changes during my wedding planning due to the pandemic, and Olive was always extremely responsive, flexible and understanding. I cannot have imagined our day going more perfectly despite all the changes we had to make. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was and how wonderful all the staff were. Lisa, our day of coordinator, was amazing. She had such a calming presence and made sure everything flowed smoothly. I would not hesitate to recommend The Casual Gourmet and am so grateful I was able to work with them. They truly made it the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 09/25/2020

Casey Bent · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Excellent!!

All of the Casual Gourmet staff helped us navigate through planning a wedding during a pandemic with ease and grace. When times were stressful and I needed help, it was them I turned to! I cannot thank the Casual Gourmet staff for making sure our perfect day, was just that, perfect! The food is amazing and the service is top notch! I will be using them for any up coming catering events and not to mention their yummy cakes and lunches on the go!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Jenna · Married on 09/12/2020

Best caterer on the Cape!

We booked Casual Gourmet for our September wedding at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, not knowing what the situation would look like in the coming months. Despite having to change plans/reduce the number of guests several times, Olive was extremely flexible and patient with us from beginning to end. The food is absolutely phenomenal and the staff are so friendly and accommodating. I would absolutely recommend Casual Gourmet to anyone looking for a caterer in the Cape Cod area!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Hannah M · Married on 01/07/2020

Excellent food and a terrific experience

Casual Gourmet is fantastic. They catered our wedding as well as my sister's. All the guests at both weddings raved about the food (the lobster rolls are to die for!), and the presentation is beautiful. Mary and her colleagues are a pleasure to work with. They have a ton of experience and know everyone in the industry on the cape. They know how to throw a great party!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing to work with - Fresh, local and delicious food!

Casual Gourmet was so great to work with! Olive and her team don't skip a beat and have every detail covered. Any questions I asked would get answered... Olive is a fountain of knowledge, especially since the venue (Bourne Farm) had so many moving parts. I knew I could count on her and her team! To top it all off, the food was absolutely incredible - fresh, local, delicious and beautiful! People are still talking about how good everything was.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2019

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY YUM!!! So many of our guest asked where the cake was from as it was so delicious! They were super easy to work with and our cake was stunning! They also helped me surprise my husband with a grooms cake! I would HIGHLY recommend using them for your wedding cake on cape!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2018

Low stress. Helpful. Delicious.

Very responsive. Easy to work with. Great food options. Helpful with finding other vendors.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/29/2018

Easy from start to finish

Casual Gourmet catered our wedding from start to finish and we could not have been more pleased with the experience! Having a bigger wedding than planned, we were glad to have such an experienced team helping us along the way. The bride was constantly at ease due to the day-of-coordinator being easy going and relaxed throughout the day, reassuring that everything went off without a hitch. All the pre-planning meetings made the day go smoothly and we are glad we used the Casual Gourmet!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Alli · Married on 09/15/2018

Chatham outdoor tented wedding

Highly recommend the Casual Gourmet! They were so easy to work with and truly are so much more than just a catering company. They really act as your coordinator and were such a pleasure to work with. If you are looking to have a Cape wedding, and can use your own caterer, the casual gourmet is a must!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Julia · Married on 09/08/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Mary and her team at Casual Gourmet for my September 8th wedding. From our first meeting to our big day everything was professional, buttoned up, and phenomenal. The food was exquisite, the ambiance was magical and she truly made our special day come to life. The Casual Gourmet staff is professional and detailed and a dream to work with. Mary made sure to include all my personal wedding elements as I had planned them, allowing our wedding to feel authentically ours. Casual Gourmet created the exact wedding cake we had proposed through images and it tasted delicious. I cannot say enough about my fabulous experience with everyone at CG, and highly recommend them as a first choice for any event!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Sheila · Married on 09/01/2018

Exceptional

I would highly recommend The Casual Gourmet ! Olive Chase and her crew were exceptional , from our first tasting to our daughters wedding day.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Glenn Tobin · Married on 09/01/2018

Glenn Tobin

Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet did a tremendous job catering my daughter’s wedding this past Sept. The attention to detail, timeliness and making our guests feel special made for an amazing event. lastly, Olive was right on plan and stuck to it. They are the best, will not try anyone else❤️❤️

Sent on 12/14/2018
  • Zach

Zach · Married on 08/04/2018

Would do it all again with Casual Gourmet! (A++)

Olive Chase (and the entire Casual Gourmet team) is a pleasure to work with. She is super knowledgeable about the wedding industry in general and even more knowledgeable about the catering aspect. Olive worked to give us exactly what we wanted, even accommodating some of our more complicated requests. I especially love how Olive and her team source as much of the food locally from Cape Cod as possible - it really makes the entire experience feel that much more unique and authentic. The food was delicious (from appetizers to wedding cake) and the service unmatched. Our guests are still talking about how perfectly the event was executed by Olive and her team. I cannot thank The Casual Gourmet enough for making my wedding one of the best days of my life. If you're looking for delicious, locally sourced food with the best service on Cape Cod you cannot beat The Casual Gourmet! And P.S. Olive is great about providing recommendation to help minimize costs (i.e. we brought in all of our own liquor).

Sent on 11/28/2018

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

Beyond perfect caterer, staff, coordinator. Cannot say enough positive remarks about casual gourmet.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

Olive and her team are truly outstanding. Olive is exceptionally knowledgable about catering best practices, timing of the day as well as popular venues around the Cape - lending her expert opinion for most wedding related questions. Her team is remarkably responsive (easily accessible by email) and willing to accommodate most requests. My wedding day went off without a hitch (even in a tropical storm!) with her and her team: the bar service was insanely fast with never any lines, our buffet was the fastest anyone had ever seen they said, their menu to select from was out of this world (and the tasting with Olive was SO fun!), and the breakdown and clean-up of the tent after was phenomenal. Honestly I don't think my husband and I could be happier that we went with Casual Gourmet - cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

kelly · Married on 09/17/2017

What a great company!!! My cake was just what I asked for and absolutely delicious.. Staff was outstanding

Sent on 09/20/2017

Holly · Married on 09/16/2017

They were great to work with and the food wonderful. They were easy to get in touch with and answer any of our questions. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Candace · Married on 08/26/2017

The Casual Gourmet is the BEST of the best. I went into the wedding planning process pretty unsure of what I wanted for food/ catering experience. Olive and her team at the Casual Gourmet delivered! Mary was our personal wedding coordinator, which is part of the service provided and SO SO worth it. Mary and the team met with my husband and I for food tastings, table ware, etc. They worked with our other vendors to ensure everything ran perfectly on the day of. The food is incredible as well. They are able to accommodate most any menu desired! Our guests were raving about the food and still are. Service was seamless, food was incredible, the cake was beautiful and delicious, and the whole day went off without a hitch- all thanks to Mary, Olive and the entire CG staff! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Amber · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our wedding at Highfield Hall this August through Casual Gourmet. Our coordinator was Lisa and she did an amazing job. We were so happy with our wedding and I would strongly recommend using Casual Gourmet!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Casual Gourmet made the most delicious cake for our wedding. They have a vast selection of scrumptious cake/filling/frosting options that are all incredible. We selected a lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling and buttercream frosting that our guests could not stop talking about. We gave a photo of a specific cake that Casual Gourmet was able to emulate.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2017

My wedding cake was absolutely stunning! The cake and fillings were so good - everyone commented it was the best wedding cake they have eaten!

Sent on 08/29/2017
  • I

Irene · Married on 08/05/2017

Olive and her staff were incredible! Lisa was there to plan every step of the way and was there on the actual day of our wedding to make sure everything was perfect and it was! She was extremely easy to work with, listened to our wants and needs, was extremely responsive and attentive, made great suggestions, was super friendly and kind and contacted all of our vendors to ensure they were going to be on time, etc. Now let's get to the food! OMG, you couldn't have asked for anything more delicious! Everyone raved about the food and everyone was full and so happy! Our guests literally told us that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! What is so wonderful is the wedding cake is included and the cake was absolutely delicious and stunning! I also loved the fact that they handled dealing with the rental company for the rental of the tables, chairs, etc. I loved that they dealt with the liquor store and included that bill for the liquor. I loved the fact that they literally took care of pretty much everything! On top of the delicious food, their staff, including the bartenders, servers, were super friendly and worked so hard! I highly recommend hiring this caterer if you want that absolutely spectacular wedding! We feel so honored to have chosen you guys for our wedding day! You made it that much more special so thank you!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Edmund · Married on 07/29/2017

The management (Olive) and staff were exceptional. When you are planning a wedding there are more things you dont know than those you do. I felt as if Olive and her team took us in made sure we understood the benefits, risks, do's and dont's and cans and can'ts. The experience was truly amazing and with their help our daughter's wedding went to a level beyond excellent.
    Everyone we spoke to at the wedding said it was the best that they had ever attended and without Olive and her amazing staff at Casual Gourmet I am certain it would have not been as flawless and from my perspective not as easy. If you are a parent and what that amazing day for your child you will not have time to cover every detail, nor know which level of importance any detail requires.
    I can not speak anything but the highest praises about them. On a scale of 1-10, they are 15.
    After having evaluated food from other caterers we saw no option even close to the variety, quality, the presentation and the taste. We were well rewarded by this decision.
    The bartenders, professional, quality cocktails and excellent oversight towards those that perhaps had a tendency to empty their glasses too quickly and return for more. Thank you.
    Even though we also had some traditional European wedding cakes, the one prepared by Casual Gourmet was wonderful.
    I know this sounds like Im a fan, which I am. However, if you are considering any event, wedding, etc. it should be a MUST that you at least evaluate Casual Gourmet and their services, you would be doing a diservice to yourself, your loved ones or your clientele.
    A final item, their cost was completely in line and I very much feel that if you take into consideration the quality and professionalism, you are getting a bargain.
    I have one daughter left and sometime in the near future I will be back at Casual Gourmet, having Olive and her staff helping me to plan and execute another phenomenal wedding.
    Thank you Olive. Thank you to the amazing staff.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

We had a stellar experience with Casual Gourmet who catered our daughters wedding for 160 people in mid June in our back yard.
    Everything about the experience was a pleasure, from the initial tempting menu and price offerings , the better than any restaurant tasting meal in January, to the truly amazing hors d'oevres that every guest praised and the delicious dinners, delivered quickly, and warm and that were consumed with gusto.
    The serving staff was attractive, well trained and so pleasant to deal with.
    Olive herself was more than helpful. A true Queen of organization and fine dining.
    The cleanup at the end left our yard immaculate.
    There was literally nothing to complain about. We were totally delighted with the entire experience and can recommend Casual Gourmet highly.
    Aside from the food, including a delicious and beautiful cake we also had them do the liquor which was a huge help.

Sent on 06/28/2017