Casual Gourmet Reviews

Casual Gourmet 7
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2019

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY YUM!!! So many of our guest asked where the cake was from as it was so delicious! They were super easy to work with and our cake was stunning! They also helped me surprise my husband with a grooms cake! I would HIGHLY recommend using them for your wedding cake on cape!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2018

Low stress. Helpful. Delicious.

Very responsive. Easy to work with. Great food options. Helpful with finding other vendors.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/29/2018

Easy from start to finish

Casual Gourmet catered our wedding from start to finish and we could not have been more pleased with the experience! Having a bigger wedding than planned, we were glad to have such an experienced team helping us along the way. The bride was constantly at ease due to the day-of-coordinator being easy going and relaxed throughout the day, reassuring that everything went off without a hitch. All the pre-planning meetings made the day go smoothly and we are glad we used the Casual Gourmet!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Alli · Married on 09/15/2018

Chatham outdoor tented wedding

Highly recommend the Casual Gourmet! They were so easy to work with and truly are so much more than just a catering company. They really act as your coordinator and were such a pleasure to work with. If you are looking to have a Cape wedding, and can use your own caterer, the casual gourmet is a must!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Julia · Married on 09/08/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Mary and her team at Casual Gourmet for my September 8th wedding. From our first meeting to our big day everything was professional, buttoned up, and phenomenal. The food was exquisite, the ambiance was magical and she truly made our special day come to life. The Casual Gourmet staff is professional and detailed and a dream to work with. Mary made sure to include all my personal wedding elements as I had planned them, allowing our wedding to feel authentically ours. Casual Gourmet created the exact wedding cake we had proposed through images and it tasted delicious. I cannot say enough about my fabulous experience with everyone at CG, and highly recommend them as a first choice for any event!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Sheila · Married on 09/01/2018

Exceptional

I would highly recommend The Casual Gourmet ! Olive Chase and her crew were exceptional , from our first tasting to our daughters wedding day.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Glenn Tobin · Married on 09/01/2018

Glenn Tobin

Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet did a tremendous job catering my daughter’s wedding this past Sept. The attention to detail, timeliness and making our guests feel special made for an amazing event. lastly, Olive was right on plan and stuck to it. They are the best, will not try anyone else❤️❤️

Sent on 12/14/2018

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

Beyond perfect caterer, staff, coordinator. Cannot say enough positive remarks about casual gourmet.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

Olive and her team are truly outstanding. Olive is exceptionally knowledgable about catering best practices, timing of the day as well as popular venues around the Cape - lending her expert opinion for most wedding related questions. Her team is remarkably responsive (easily accessible by email) and willing to accommodate most requests. My wedding day went off without a hitch (even in a tropical storm!) with her and her team: the bar service was insanely fast with never any lines, our buffet was the fastest anyone had ever seen they said, their menu to select from was out of this world (and the tasting with Olive was SO fun!), and the breakdown and clean-up of the tent after was phenomenal. Honestly I don't think my husband and I could be happier that we went with Casual Gourmet - cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

kelly · Married on 09/17/2017

What a great company!!! My cake was just what I asked for and absolutely delicious.. Staff was outstanding

Sent on 09/20/2017

Holly · Married on 09/16/2017

They were great to work with and the food wonderful. They were easy to get in touch with and answer any of our questions. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/02/2017

Candace · Married on 08/26/2017

The Casual Gourmet is the BEST of the best. I went into the wedding planning process pretty unsure of what I wanted for food/ catering experience. Olive and her team at the Casual Gourmet delivered! Mary was our personal wedding coordinator, which is part of the service provided and SO SO worth it. Mary and the team met with my husband and I for food tastings, table ware, etc. They worked with our other vendors to ensure everything ran perfectly on the day of. The food is incredible as well. They are able to accommodate most any menu desired! Our guests were raving about the food and still are. Service was seamless, food was incredible, the cake was beautiful and delicious, and the whole day went off without a hitch- all thanks to Mary, Olive and the entire CG staff! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Amber · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our wedding at Highfield Hall this August through Casual Gourmet. Our coordinator was Lisa and she did an amazing job. We were so happy with our wedding and I would strongly recommend using Casual Gourmet!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Casual Gourmet made the most delicious cake for our wedding. They have a vast selection of scrumptious cake/filling/frosting options that are all incredible. We selected a lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling and buttercream frosting that our guests could not stop talking about. We gave a photo of a specific cake that Casual Gourmet was able to emulate.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2017

My wedding cake was absolutely stunning! The cake and fillings were so good - everyone commented it was the best wedding cake they have eaten!

Sent on 08/29/2017
  • I

Irene · Married on 08/05/2017

Olive and her staff were incredible! Lisa was there to plan every step of the way and was there on the actual day of our wedding to make sure everything was perfect and it was! She was extremely easy to work with, listened to our wants and needs, was extremely responsive and attentive, made great suggestions, was super friendly and kind and contacted all of our vendors to ensure they were going to be on time, etc. Now let's get to the food! OMG, you couldn't have asked for anything more delicious! Everyone raved about the food and everyone was full and so happy! Our guests literally told us that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! What is so wonderful is the wedding cake is included and the cake was absolutely delicious and stunning! I also loved the fact that they handled dealing with the rental company for the rental of the tables, chairs, etc. I loved that they dealt with the liquor store and included that bill for the liquor. I loved the fact that they literally took care of pretty much everything! On top of the delicious food, their staff, including the bartenders, servers, were super friendly and worked so hard! I highly recommend hiring this caterer if you want that absolutely spectacular wedding! We feel so honored to have chosen you guys for our wedding day! You made it that much more special so thank you!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Edmund · Married on 07/29/2017

The management (Olive) and staff were exceptional. When you are planning a wedding there are more things you dont know than those you do. I felt as if Olive and her team took us in made sure we understood the benefits, risks, do's and dont's and cans and can'ts. The experience was truly amazing and with their help our daughter's wedding went to a level beyond excellent.
    Everyone we spoke to at the wedding said it was the best that they had ever attended and without Olive and her amazing staff at Casual Gourmet I am certain it would have not been as flawless and from my perspective not as easy. If you are a parent and what that amazing day for your child you will not have time to cover every detail, nor know which level of importance any detail requires.
    I can not speak anything but the highest praises about them. On a scale of 1-10, they are 15.
    After having evaluated food from other caterers we saw no option even close to the variety, quality, the presentation and the taste. We were well rewarded by this decision.
    The bartenders, professional, quality cocktails and excellent oversight towards those that perhaps had a tendency to empty their glasses too quickly and return for more. Thank you.
    Even though we also had some traditional European wedding cakes, the one prepared by Casual Gourmet was wonderful.
    I know this sounds like Im a fan, which I am. However, if you are considering any event, wedding, etc. it should be a MUST that you at least evaluate Casual Gourmet and their services, you would be doing a diservice to yourself, your loved ones or your clientele.
    A final item, their cost was completely in line and I very much feel that if you take into consideration the quality and professionalism, you are getting a bargain.
    I have one daughter left and sometime in the near future I will be back at Casual Gourmet, having Olive and her staff helping me to plan and execute another phenomenal wedding.
    Thank you Olive. Thank you to the amazing staff.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

We had a stellar experience with Casual Gourmet who catered our daughters wedding for 160 people in mid June in our back yard.
    Everything about the experience was a pleasure, from the initial tempting menu and price offerings , the better than any restaurant tasting meal in January, to the truly amazing hors d'oevres that every guest praised and the delicious dinners, delivered quickly, and warm and that were consumed with gusto.
    The serving staff was attractive, well trained and so pleasant to deal with.
    Olive herself was more than helpful. A true Queen of organization and fine dining.
    The cleanup at the end left our yard immaculate.
    There was literally nothing to complain about. We were totally delighted with the entire experience and can recommend Casual Gourmet highly.
    Aside from the food, including a delicious and beautiful cake we also had them do the liquor which was a huge help.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

Casual Gourmet is fantastic! Every guest at our wedding raved about the cake and the food. It was a total hit. I HIGHLY recommend their services! :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2016

I appreciated all the help and guidance planning our rehearsal dinner in Harwich Port. The food was delicious and presented in such a nice way, including decorating with seasonal pumpkins and gourds. The staff was so friendly and so professional. Clean up was terrific. All of this added to the wonderful time everyone had. I will certainly recommend Casual Gourmet to friends.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet was seamless. They handled every little detail and made our planning process so easy. There was a threat of a Hurricane the week of our Ocean Front Reception and Olive was able to keep us calm and have a back up plan! I would HIGHLY recommend working with Casual Gourmet. The food was not your traditional boring wedding food. The appetizers were creative and delicious and fit the reception perfectly! People are still talking about the food! Especially the raw bar!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/08/2016

The Casual Gourmet did an incredible job catering our wedding at Highfield Hall! We could not have been happier. From start to finish, they thought of every detail and were so on top of everything. The staff at The Casual Gourmet was so easy to work with and incredibly professional throughout the whole process. In particular, Mary Lyons did an amazing job! She happily answered all our questions and honored all our requests. The Casual Gourmet also provides a day-of-coordinator. Our coordinator was Kelly Field and she did a fantastic job! We didn’t have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. She took care of everything! Not only did we love our caterers, our guests could not stop raving about them either! They were so impressed with how on top of everything the staff was and loved the food! We got so many compliments about the food and service and we wholeheartedly agree. The staff was so professional and the food was absolutely amazing (and we would know because we actually had time to eat!). Kelly and her wait staff made sure we were well fed throughout the night. Also, the Casual Gourmet made our wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful not to mention delicious! We would highly recommend The Casual Gourmet to anyone getting married on the Cape! We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

Where do I begin to describe just how incredible Olive and the Casual Gourmet staff were to have as a part of our wedding. I can honestly say that there is no way our wedding would have run as smoothly as it did without Olive and her incredible staff.

First lets talk about the food. The food is incredible, and both my husband and I come from large Italian families who are very picky about food, and we are still hearing from our friends and family about how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. On top of that, I have celiac disease and a dairy allergy and Olive and her staff made it so easy for our wedding food to be allergy friendly, and they even made me a vegan/gluten free wedding cake tier which was AMAZING.

We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors. For over a year Olive and her staff worked with us to make sure everything was being arranged and planned well. She was honest with her opinions when I maybe had something in mind that just wasn't realistic, and I think that really helped me stay on track, and plan a wonderful wedding. Olive was also there with her staff days before our wedding making sure our vendors were staying on track, and things were running according to plan. I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

But honestly, when you hire Olive and her Casual Gourmet staff you are getting so much more than incredible food, you are getting the support and organization from one of the most respected caterers on Cape Cod, I would even go as for to say all of New England. Olive has incredible relationships with all of the vendors we worked with (all of them LOVE working with her), and was able to make sure that our wedding day ran so smoothly. We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors.

I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day. I could go on and on, but honestly there is no one better than Olive and Casual Gourmet, I can't recommend this company highly enough.

Sent on 11/18/2016