Casual Gourmet Reviews

139 | Centerville, MA

139 Reviews for Casual Gourmet

139 Casual Gourmet Reviews

Courtney · Married on 10/13/2018

Low stress. Helpful. Delicious.

Very responsive. Easy to work with. Great food options. Helpful with finding other vendors.

Julia · Married on 09/08/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Mary and her team at Casual Gourmet for my September 8th wedding. From our first meeting to our big day everything was professional, buttoned up, and phenomenal. The food was exquisite, the ambiance was magical and she truly made our special day come to life. The Casual Gourmet staff is professional and detailed and a dream to work with. Mary made sure to include all my personal wedding elements as I had planned them, allowing our wedding to feel authentically ours. Casual Gourmet created the exact wedding cake we had proposed through images and it tasted delicious. I cannot say enough about my fabulous experience with everyone at CG, and highly recommend them as a first choice for any event!

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

Beyond perfect caterer, staff, coordinator. Cannot say enough positive remarks about casual gourmet.

Alicia · Married on 09/23/2017

Olive and her team are truly outstanding. Olive is exceptionally knowledgable about catering best practices, timing of the day as well as popular venues around the Cape - lending her expert opinion for most wedding related questions. Her team is remarkably responsive (easily accessible by email) and willing to accommodate most requests. My wedding day went off without a hitch (even in a tropical storm!) with her and her team: the bar service was insanely fast with never any lines, our buffet was the fastest anyone had ever seen they said, their menu to select from was out of this world (and the tasting with Olive was SO fun!), and the breakdown and clean-up of the tent after was phenomenal. Honestly I don't think my husband and I could be happier that we went with Casual Gourmet - cannot recommend them enough!!

kelly · Married on 09/17/2017

What a great company!!! My cake was just what I asked for and absolutely delicious.. Staff was outstanding

Holly · Married on 09/16/2017

They were great to work with and the food wonderful. They were easy to get in touch with and answer any of our questions. I highly recommend them.

Candace · Married on 08/26/2017

The Casual Gourmet is the BEST of the best. I went into the wedding planning process pretty unsure of what I wanted for food/ catering experience. Olive and her team at the Casual Gourmet delivered! Mary was our personal wedding coordinator, which is part of the service provided and SO SO worth it. Mary and the team met with my husband and I for food tastings, table ware, etc. They worked with our other vendors to ensure everything ran perfectly on the day of. The food is incredible as well. They are able to accommodate most any menu desired! Our guests were raving about the food and still are. Service was seamless, food was incredible, the cake was beautiful and delicious, and the whole day went off without a hitch- all thanks to Mary, Olive and the entire CG staff! Highly recommend!!

Amber · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our wedding at Highfield Hall this August through Casual Gourmet. Our coordinator was Lisa and she did an amazing job. We were so happy with our wedding and I would strongly recommend using Casual Gourmet!

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Casual Gourmet made the most delicious cake for our wedding. They have a vast selection of scrumptious cake/filling/frosting options that are all incredible. We selected a lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling and buttercream frosting that our guests could not stop talking about. We gave a photo of a specific cake that Casual Gourmet was able to emulate.

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2017

My wedding cake was absolutely stunning! The cake and fillings were so good - everyone commented it was the best wedding cake they have eaten!

• I

Irene · Married on 08/05/2017

Olive and her staff were incredible! Lisa was there to plan every step of the way and was there on the actual day of our wedding to make sure everything was perfect and it was! She was extremely easy to work with, listened to our wants and needs, was extremely responsive and attentive, made great suggestions, was super friendly and kind and contacted all of our vendors to ensure they were going to be on time, etc. Now let's get to the food! OMG, you couldn't have asked for anything more delicious! Everyone raved about the food and everyone was full and so happy! Our guests literally told us that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! What is so wonderful is the wedding cake is included and the cake was absolutely delicious and stunning! I also loved the fact that they handled dealing with the rental company for the rental of the tables, chairs, etc. I loved that they dealt with the liquor store and included that bill for the liquor. I loved the fact that they literally took care of pretty much everything! On top of the delicious food, their staff, including the bartenders, servers, were super friendly and worked so hard! I highly recommend hiring this caterer if you want that absolutely spectacular wedding! We feel so honored to have chosen you guys for our wedding day! You made it that much more special so thank you!

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

We had a stellar experience with Casual Gourmet who catered our daughters wedding for 160 people in mid June in our back yard.
    Everything about the experience was a pleasure, from the initial tempting menu and price offerings , the better than any restaurant tasting meal in January, to the truly amazing hors d'oevres that every guest praised and the delicious dinners, delivered quickly, and warm and that were consumed with gusto.
    The serving staff was attractive, well trained and so pleasant to deal with.
    Olive herself was more than helpful. A true Queen of organization and fine dining.
    The cleanup at the end left our yard immaculate.
    There was literally nothing to complain about. We were totally delighted with the entire experience and can recommend Casual Gourmet highly.
    Aside from the food, including a delicious and beautiful cake we also had them do the liquor which was a huge help.

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

Casual Gourmet is fantastic! Every guest at our wedding raved about the cake and the food. It was a total hit. I HIGHLY recommend their services! :)

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2016

I appreciated all the help and guidance planning our rehearsal dinner in Harwich Port. The food was delicious and presented in such a nice way, including decorating with seasonal pumpkins and gourds. The staff was so friendly and so professional. Clean up was terrific. All of this added to the wonderful time everyone had. I will certainly recommend Casual Gourmet to friends.

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet was seamless. They handled every little detail and made our planning process so easy. There was a threat of a Hurricane the week of our Ocean Front Reception and Olive was able to keep us calm and have a back up plan! I would HIGHLY recommend working with Casual Gourmet. The food was not your traditional boring wedding food. The appetizers were creative and delicious and fit the reception perfectly! People are still talking about the food! Especially the raw bar!

Catherine · Married on 10/08/2016

The Casual Gourmet did an incredible job catering our wedding at Highfield Hall! We could not have been happier. From start to finish, they thought of every detail and were so on top of everything. The staff at The Casual Gourmet was so easy to work with and incredibly professional throughout the whole process. In particular, Mary Lyons did an amazing job! She happily answered all our questions and honored all our requests. The Casual Gourmet also provides a day-of-coordinator. Our coordinator was Kelly Field and she did a fantastic job! We didn’t have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. She took care of everything! Not only did we love our caterers, our guests could not stop raving about them either! They were so impressed with how on top of everything the staff was and loved the food! We got so many compliments about the food and service and we wholeheartedly agree. The staff was so professional and the food was absolutely amazing (and we would know because we actually had time to eat!). Kelly and her wait staff made sure we were well fed throughout the night. Also, the Casual Gourmet made our wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful not to mention delicious! We would highly recommend The Casual Gourmet to anyone getting married on the Cape! We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding day so special!

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

Where do I begin to describe just how incredible Olive and the Casual Gourmet staff were to have as a part of our wedding. I can honestly say that there is no way our wedding would have run as smoothly as it did without Olive and her incredible staff.

First lets talk about the food. The food is incredible, and both my husband and I come from large Italian families who are very picky about food, and we are still hearing from our friends and family about how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. On top of that, I have celiac disease and a dairy allergy and Olive and her staff made it so easy for our wedding food to be allergy friendly, and they even made me a vegan/gluten free wedding cake tier which was AMAZING.

We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors. For over a year Olive and her staff worked with us to make sure everything was being arranged and planned well. She was honest with her opinions when I maybe had something in mind that just wasn't realistic, and I think that really helped me stay on track, and plan a wonderful wedding. Olive was also there with her staff days before our wedding making sure our vendors were staying on track, and things were running according to plan. I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day.

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

But honestly, when you hire Olive and her Casual Gourmet staff you are getting so much more than incredible food, you are getting the support and organization from one of the most respected caterers on Cape Cod, I would even go as for to say all of New England. Olive has incredible relationships with all of the vendors we worked with (all of them LOVE working with her), and was able to make sure that our wedding day ran so smoothly. We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors.

I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day. I could go on and on, but honestly there is no one better than Olive and Casual Gourmet, I can't recommend this company highly enough.

Kate · Married on 07/30/2016

The Casual Gourmet is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough good things about them. They did the catering for our wedding of 130 people at a tented, outdoor wedding on the water. From the first time we started working with them, they were exceptional. Throughout the process we worked with Mary, Kelly and Olive. All three are top-notch. They work their magic with professionalism, poise and they truly care about their clients and are committed to their work. The food was UNREAL. Our tasting was fully plated, absolutely delicious and every single appetizer was better than the next. We went with the beef tenderloin and seared scallops for our main and the caprese stack for a salad. Short rib wrapped in bacon was the hit of the evening on the appetizer side. The cake was perfect and exactly what we wanted. We tried a few different cake options and honestly, every combination was awesome. Thank you for making our wedding day so special. If you're doing a cape cod wedding or event, look no further. They even helped faciliate and coordinate the vendors, who they partner with very closely, and acted as my day-of wedding coordinator.

Nancy · Married on 07/23/2016

Casual Gourmet was the perfect choice for us. They helped us every step of the way: from choosing the superb food we had at the wedding to the details of picking linens, the tent type, etc. The contact person we had at Casual Gourmet was superb (it was like having a built in wedding planner.) It made our wedding planning experience truly enjoyable.

Jackie · Married on 07/16/2016

Every aspect of working with Olive, Kelly and the team at Casual Gourmet made the planning process easier and allowed us to feel confident going into our wedding day -- and they absolutely delivered on both the food and coordination that day! Our venue came with nothing but running water, so it was extremely helpful having Casual Gourmet to make recommendations for things like tent, tables, ceremony benches, bathroom trailers and more! We also used their advice on things like DJ and florist since they are so experienced and have done so many beautiful weddings on the Cape. Over email, phone calls and multiple face-to-face meetings, Olive helped us structure the schedule for our day, pick an amazing menu and even came to the rehearsal. Wedding planning can be stressful since most of us have no experience planning this type of event -- but Olive's extensive experience put us at ease with so much of the decision making. The wedding day went flawlessly and all our guests were raving about the hors d'oeuvres and entrees. Not sure what else to say, Casual Gourmet is amazing and I would recommend to anyone having a Cape wedding!

Kathy · Married on 05/29/2016

Yum, Yummy, Yummo! Casual Gourmet hosted our wedding at Highfield Hall in Falmouth this past Spring. The food from Casual Gourmet is the most delicious! Guests raved about it all, fun and scrumptious apps, full plates, I mean to the brim, with perfectly cooked meats, and fresh spring vegetables, and the cake. Have you had their cakes? Gorgeous to look at and gorgeous to eat!
    Casual Gourmet helped to make our wedding beautiful, worry free and tasty from beginning to end. Mary Lyons, our coordinator, was fantastic! Always helping to guide us through the process, but also letting us decide on the things we liked and preferred for our day. That made me the happiest!
    All of the staff are extremely professional, talented, and courteous. Bon Appetite!

Casey · Married on 10/17/2015

Olive crushed it for us. Not only did she make one of the best wedding meals I've ever had, but she helped us through the entire wedding process offering tons of useful advice from her years of experience. From how much and what types of booze to buy to the overall flow of the entire ceremony and reception, Olive was there every step of the way to ensure an amazing evening to remember. I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or large event. Oh, and the cake was phenomenal!

Christine · Married on 10/10/2015

This place is the best! I have gluten free issues, and they did our cake and cupcakes for our wedding. First of all at the tasting my husband actually said "are you sure these are GF?" There GF cakes and cupcakes you would never know are. I have never tasted a GF cupcake or piece of cake anywhere that didn't taste "different". But not at Casual Gourmet, they are moist, tasty and you would never know they are GF. They have great filling to choose from and types of frosting. Because of this, all the cupcakes were GF, and no one knew any different. Before the wedding i bought some for a 4th of July party to test them out. Not one person questioned, people even had 2nds and 3rds. I now will drive to the Cape to get them. They even had those at my Bridal Shower. Hands down this place is the best. They delivered both the cake and the cupcakes to Coonamessett Inn. No matter what you are looking for, check them out as they are worth every penny