Castle Unicorn Reviews

95 | Pacific Junction, IA

95 Reviews for Castle Unicorn

Carolyn B. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

All Inclusive Amazing Day

The Castle staff takes care of all the details, and works so hard to make sure it's the perfect day. From gorgeous scenery, delicious food, and the most unique and amazing venue I've ever been to, Castle Unicorn does it all. Having our wedding here was the perfect start to our marriage, and I will cherish the memories forever.

Sent on 08/07/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin G. · Married on 10/10/2020

The absolute best venue

Castle Unicorn went above and beyond to ensure our day was exactly what we wanted. Even during a hectic time in our lives, the middle of a pandemic, they moved our date and accommodated for the ever changing situations surrounding the virus. Once our second date arrived they stayed in contact with us regularly making sure we were on track with every detail.
    The big couldn't have ran more smoothly! They had staff that meet us at the driveway and were with open arms willing to collect our items and take them to where they needed to be and set up anything that we asked them to. All throughout the day while we were getting ready and having photographs taken they were making sure everything was placed perfectly and tuned up so that we could rock n roll on time and without a single glitch.
    They take care of the DJ for you, which is a HUGE perk, they know the DJs and have worked with them before so they know how to cue them and keep everything running perfectly.
    The menu choices that you get to choose from are absolutely amazing and our meal was delicious.
    They also take down and help you get loaded back up after the wedding leaving clean up and departure a breeze.
    The couple gets the pleasure of staying in the Castle the night of their wedding this is a very special time and a time to unwind and reflect on the day.
    I think hands down this was the most amazing venue and am so extremely thankful we chose them to take care of us on our WEDDING DAY!!!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Dena B. · Married on 10/10/2020

Mrs Briones

We couldn't be more pleased with Castle Unicorn! Beautiful venue and professional staff who went above and beyond to ensure our special day went smoothly. We were able to enjoy every moment and didn't have to stress. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Rachel T. · Married on 09/26/2020

Wedding of our dreams!

The wedding was amazing. John and Ray were there with us every step of the way and ensured that we had the best night ever. We were dancing and eating and drinking till the very end. The staff was very courteous and insured everything was very clean. It was the most beautiful setting, lots a fantastic food and the DJ through Complete played great music! Nikki set the tone that we wanted for our special day and couldn’t of asked for more! The outdoor ceremony was beautiful for a September day. We were covered in shade by the trees and our guests were comfortable. The reception was underneath the pavilion. On our wedding day it was windy, but we we’re lucky they were able to close the pavilion walls like a garage to keep the wind out! Once the wind died down they were able to open the walls and the weather remained beautiful with a light breeze throughout the reception. The venue itself is so beautiful you hardly need any decorations. We were also fortunate to be able to use some of the venues decorations for free. The bridal suite is huge and has nearly 3 vanities for the women to get ready and a huge master bedroom. The groom suite is also amazing and the guys can go on the rooftop to hangout! Highly recommend!!

Rachel T. · Married on 09/26/2020

Wedding of our dreams!

Michaela O. · Married on 08/30/2020

Best Memory!

The gardens and castle were gorgeous and clean. So much space to move around and be 6ft apart so we did not need masks. Service and food was phenomenal. Loved every minute of our wedding and the owners were so easy to work with. Spent our wedding night in the master bedroom which was beautiful.

Mikala S. · Married on 07/18/2020

Simply a dream

Having our wedding at Castle Unicorn was a dream come true! Ray and John really made us feel special, and provided undivided attention every time we spoke. THey were very quick to respond to all my questions and helped calmed my nerves while wedding planning. One of the many things i loved about Castle Unicorn, is there all inclusive approach. Not having to worry about hiring all the individual people like caterers, linens, chairs, tables, DJ, decorations, etc. Castle took care of everything. THe location is also spectacularly beautiful, so very minimal decoration was needed on my part. THey helped me to set up on day of and handled the rehearsal and every aspect of my day to ensure a smooth and perfect event!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey V. · Married on 07/08/2020

The Most Beautiful Venue!

Castle Unicorn is the best! We couldn't have imagined a more beautiful venue. John and Ray are so easy and fun to work with. It was the most perfect day and the wedding planning was so stress free. They do so much to help to make the day exactly how you envision it. As the bride, I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding! One of my bridesmaid's sister even ended up booking her wedding here after seeing our pictures! I couldn't say enough good things about Castle Unicorn and would recommend the venue to absolutely anybody!!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Emily

Emily C. · Married on 06/26/2020

Incredible

Incredible! We we’re in a pinch and they helped us out so much and made our wedding day the most wonderful and easiest day

Sent on 04/19/2021

Amanda S. · Married on 06/20/2020

Wedding Review

John and Ray were amazing to work with for our wedding! One of the reasons that we picked this venue was due to the things that were included for the day of. They took care of the food, drinks, and decorations. The day of, John helped make sure that everything was the way we wanted it and helped keep things running smoothly. We would highly recommend this venue for any event!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 06/07/2020

Absolutely amazing!

The team at Castle Unicorn was fantastic and ensured that we got the very best for our special day. I highly recommend their venue to anyone who wants to have an absolutely beautiful space for their day. The food was tasty, the staff was a joy to work with, and their flexibility was greatly appreciated during this covid time.

Hannah L. · Married on 05/23/2020

Made sure the day was PERFECT!

So happy we went with the castle! Gorgeous venue and the staff really make it a stress free day. EVERY staff member was friendly and consistently asked if I needed anything, which was above and beyond! John and Ray were extremely helpful, down to earth, and kept us updated during this year of COVID. Could NOT have stayed sane without them!

We had to change dates (spring to fall) and I cannot say enough about how gorgeous the venue was with changing colors, too! Just breath-taking.

They also think of EVERY detail to make your experience amazing... cleaning up to help out and ensuring they are there to send you off after the events. Highly recommend this amazing venue with top notch staff!

Sent on 11/25/2020

Kimberly M. · Married on 10/26/2019

Best venue ever!

This Venue is not only insanely beautiful but John, Ray, and his staff are truly incredible!! We had such a perfect day and got so many compliments not only on the venue, but on how wonderful the staff were and how smooth the day went!! They take care of pretty much everything and made my perfect vision come to life! They are true professionals and I am so thankful we chose Castle Unicorn!! The heated tray at the end of the night for my groom and me was also the best thing I didn’t even know I needed!!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/12/2019

Hands down amazing!!

I would give castle Unicorn a 12 out of 10!!! John and Ray were so attentive and helpful in every aspect, I didn’t have to worry about a thing. They made our day so magical, I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Greg E. · Married on 10/12/2019

Castle Unicorn was simply amazing

It's crazy how you get close to the date and you stress stress stress but if I had known the service I was getting with John and Ray I wouldn't have stressed at all. Made our wedding so special!!!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Tamala S. · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing and perfect

Castle Unicorn was an absolute dream wedding venue. It was gorgeous! The scenery, reception hall and castle itself were all perfect! John and Ray were very responsive and so helpful!! We received so many compliments! Everything was done for us at the castle, all we had to do was tell the staff what we wanted or needed! Amazing venue! You will not regret booking this venue!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia W. · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Wedding Vendor of All Time!

We HIGHLY recommend Castle Unicorn!! Literally not one single complaint and the absolute BEST service you will find anywhere. I promise that you will not be dissapointed! John and Ray were incredibly kind, caring, professional, and never forget any details! Our whole wedding day was effortless - the castle staff takes care of everything (even the details you forget to take care of). You will end of saving a ton of money because they offer you all the best deals in one bundled price, which saved us hours of stress! They take care of the food (DELICIOUS), the DJ (the absolute best), the centerpieces (saves SO MUCH MONEY), and more! You get to stay the night at the castle too which saves a lot of money and stress. The staff cleans up everything AND loads all the wedding gifts into your car the next morning. They even let you take the leftover food home! The whole planning process leading up to the wedding is literally so fun with John and Ray! They make it simple, easy, and STRESS-FREE! Do yourself a favor and book them now! Such an amazing treasure nestled in the hills. All of our guests were from Omaha and the drive was really easy for them. It was like all the fun parts of having a "destination wedding" without any of the hassle. The castle is absolutely gorgeous and my favorite place. We're so thankful we got married here!!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Jefferson

Jefferson D. · Married on 08/31/2019

Genuinely the best wedding vendor

The castle is the best venue I've ever been to, and we can't believe we were lucky enough to get married there. The food is amazing and it was so nice (and much cheaper) to not have to try and get an outside caterer. The staff was incredible and didn't miss any details. Our wedding party had a blast and we had great rooms to get ready in on the wedding day. We saved a lot of time and money on so many aspects, like the centerpieces, staying the night at the castle for free, and the staff putting up our decorations for us. We have literally no complaints and we had the perfect wedding thanks to the castle!!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan O. · Married on 08/24/2019

You won't find a better wedding venue!

Honestly - look no further than Castle Unicorn! I could go on and on about our experience here! From the owners - John and Ray, to their staff, to all the services they provide and oh yeah, how could I forget - it's at a CASTLE with the most amazing views and landscaping! John and Ray and their entire staff made our wedding the best day of our lives! We didn't have to stress or worry about ANYTHING! They had everything covered, they knew all the right questions to ask us before our big day to make sure our wedding went smoothly with no hiccups or last minute "we didn't think of that!". They worked with our DJ and Photographer to plan things out and make sure everything was EXACTLY how we wanted it and on schedule! We really did feel like Royals at our wedding! We looked at so many venues and no one and nothing compared to The Castle Unicorn! Friends and family all still talk about our wedding and all tell us how they have never been to a nicer venue and location with the best service and offerings! It's an experience that not only YOU will remember, but so will all of your guests!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Jade · Married on 06/22/2019

Incredible

I absolutely loved John and Ray! They were so helpful, kind and hilarious! They helped insure our special day was everything we could have wanted and more! Wouldn’t have changed a thing about our day, love that we decided on castle unicorn!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Codie S. · Married on 01/06/2019

Fantastic Venue and Service!

The crew at Castle Unicorn really go above and beyond to make the whole experience a great one. I am so glad we went with them and definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Kelsey · Married on 12/08/2018

This venue was nothing short of incredible. John was SO wonderful and made me feel so incredibly cared about. The fact that they do 90% of the things brides usually have to worry and stress about is what sold me. DJ, Food, decorating, even giving you a place to stay for the evening- INCREDIBLE. Everyone raved not only about the taco bar we chose (HIGHLY recommend) but also about the venue itself, and DJ. If you’re thinking about having your wedding here, DO IT. Best decision we ever made. Thank you Castle unicorn, you made me feel like a princess on the best day of my life!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Castle Unicorn is just amazing!! Everything was taken care of for us! John and Ray were very responsive to emails and phone calls, beyond professional, friendly, and seemed genuinely happy for us. You can tell they love what they do! I’m beyond blessed we were able to have our wedding at this venue and I couldn’t have been more pleased. The day after, they brought all of our gifts, props etc out to our cars for us. I hope to attend another wedding at this venue so I can enjoy it from a guest’s perspective!
    We don’t have any photos back from our photographer yet, or I would have uploaded some! But it’s gorgeous out there!!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn N. · Married on 09/30/2018

Absolutely stunning!

We had the best experience at Castle Unicorn! I recommend anyone who is getting married to talk to John and Ray, because it was great!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely perfect

John and Ray, along with their entire staff, were absolutely amazing! They took care of everything and anything they possibly could the day of the wedding. The grounds were gorgeous, the reception area was better than I ever imagined it could be. The food, my goodness, the food was so good! I had a guest tell me it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Everything was perfect, I would not have changed a single thing.

Sent on 10/15/2018