Castello Vicchiomaggio Reviews

Castello Vicchiomaggio 5
  • Alison

Alison Embury · Married on 10/24/2018

Fall Wedding

Castello Vicchiomaggio was the perfect place to hold our fairytale wedding. From the moment we booked we were very well taken care of. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place to stay and get married!

Castello Vicchiomaggio 6
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 7
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 8
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 9
    Sent on 01/09/2019

Vanessa · Married on 09/22/2018

Our dream wedding

My husband and I decided to get married in Italy about a year ago and we tied the knot in Tuscany in Sept 2018. I worked with a wedding planner throughout the process but selected the venue, Castello Vicchiomaggio, myself before we began working with her.

I worked with Sandra, who oversees events at the Castello and she was so easy to work with, incredibly organized and accommodating when we arrived prior to the wedding.

The venue itself is a dream. The Castello sits up on a hill overlooking the surrounding vinyards and made for a breathtaking wedding location and fulfilled everything we had imagined. We hosted 50 guests and the castle had enough rooms to fully accommodate our immediate family and friends for 3 nights plus a great infinity pool to occupy them during the day. In addition to the space, the food was phenominal and all of our guests couldn’t stop talking about it throughout the weekend. The in-house chef was incredibly experienced and wow’d the entire party with everything from the dinner itself to the cake and wine.

It’s only been a few months and we are already dying to return. I would recommend Castello Vicchiomaggio to anyone who is looking for a charming, historic location for their dream wedding. We are based in NYC, admittedly selective and particular and we wouldn’t have changed a single element.

Castello Vicchiomaggio 10
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 11
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 12
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 13
    Sent on 01/12/2019

Krista · Married on 08/18/2018

More than a dream wedding

Where do I begin? I cannot say enough amazing things about Castello Vicchiomaggio and all the staff. My now husband and I had our wedding at Castello Vicchiomaggio on August 18, 2018. We spent Thursday through Sunday at the Castle with 30 of our closest friends and family. From arrival to departure, Sandra and Delphine were so welcoming and accommodating- making everything so easy and relaxing. The rest of the staff, from chefs to our wedding servers, to the grounds crew, know exactly what they are doing. The castle itself is very well kept, the food is excellent, and the wine is truly award winning. It’s so good, we now buy cases to serve at our family restaurant in CT! And I can’t forget to mention the infinity pool that overlooks the beautiful hills of Tuscany. It provides the perfect spot for all to relax before the big day.

The wedding itself was picture perfect. The venue provides a truly beautiful Tuscan setting, with historic touches. The castle comfortably fit all 30 guests, where each guest had a bed, but it could hold more if needed. We had a Catholic ceremony in the Church of Santa Maria. This church is a true historic gem! I was worried since it was hot outside, the church would be too hot for guests. It wasn’t. The church keeps quite cool. The bar and food service during cocktail hour and our reception was flawless. Everyone was professional and on top of it all. We held our cocktail hour in the garden, the reception outside on the main gravel patio, and dancing outside on the covered patio near the garden.

Castello Vicchiomaggio makes you feel like family. Did I mention my husband’s mother forgot a carry-on bag at the castle and they mailed it to us?! Bottom line, I would highly recommend this venue and tell you not to look anywhere else if planning a wedding in Tuscany!

Castello Vicchiomaggio 14
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 25
    Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Sahar

Sahar Potthast · Married on 08/08/2018

The most beautiful Tuscan setting!

We got married here in August 2018 and it was the best decision! It was very hot that week but everyone at Vicchiomaggio did their best to help is. The setting is just stunning. Sandra was such a blessing and so wonderful to work with. Would highly recommend Castello Vicchiomaggio!

Castello Vicchiomaggio 26
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 27
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 28
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 29
    Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2018

Fairytale down to the last detail!

We had our wedding at Castello Vicchiomaggio last May and I can’t say enough about how perfect it was. We rented the entire castle for 3 nights, sight unseen. We arrived to find the most beautiful backdrop, it’s seriously better than the photos. The staff was helpful and flexible in getting us in the proper rooms and settled. Our guests were just in awe as they arrived. The first night they made a beautiful dinner in the garden and cake for our daughter’s first birthday. The 2nd day many of us attended the wine and lunch tour - both were delicious. The wedding was that night and I can’t even begin to tell you how much I felt like a princess marrying my prince. Everything was perfect and gorgeous. It took my breath away. Every member of the staff was courteous and helpful. If you are looking for the perfect venue, look no further!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Bahor Azadeh · Married on 05/21/2018

Smooth and understanding organisation

We organize our wedding from Paris which was quite challenging. Hopefully with the castello Vicchiomaggio team, we had a very kind and trustful relationship. So they offer the best they can to wedding organization, without any bad note or surprise. The best way to enjoy the wedding

Castello Vicchiomaggio 30
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 31
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 32
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 33
    Sent on 01/13/2019

Susy Meyer · Married on 05/05/2018

Fairy Tale Castle

Thank you so much to all the staff and Matta family for making our wedding so special. We felt very welcome. The rooms are gorgeous and the infinity pool is breath breaking. Everything worked out perfectly! Thanks again for all the help and having everything set up for us.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Meagan Ross · Married on 04/14/2018

Spring Wedding

Castello Vicchiomaggio and their staff was AMAZING!! Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The venue is gorgeous and everyone we worked with there was a delight. Superb food. Everyone loved it! Great bar service for the after dinner party. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Ali Bchara · Married on 09/09/2016

Stunning Castle in the heart of Greve in Chianti

My husband and I got married at Castello Vicchiomaggio in September of 2018. We had the most incredible experience with the entire staff from day one! The property is owned by a wonderful family and we personally dealt with each member of the family throughout the process. Everyone was very accommodating to our needs. The property is SO beautiful and the food was to-die-for. All of our guests were blown away by the amazing meal and the beautiful views. We had so much fun relaxing by the pool the day before the ceremony and felt so relaxed throughout the entire stay. If you are considering Vicchiomaggio for your wedding venue then you have found the perfect venue.

My husband and I went back this year for our anniversary and will be going back again this year as well! We love returning and seeing everyone, which says a lot. Truly a magical, magical place.

All our love,
    Ali and Dani

Castello Vicchiomaggio 34
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 35
    Castello Vicchiomaggio 36
    Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth Lohk · Married on 09/15/2018

Very professional and good servicez

We had our dream wedding at Castello Vicchiomaggio. It is the perfect place to make wonderful memories. The employees are very nice and helpful. Than you.

Castello Vicchiomaggio 37