Cassie Valente Photography Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Ryan K. Married on 05/31/2021

You just found the best wedding photographer in the world!

We couldn't be happier with Cassie!!

She's an amazing photographer and was SO helpful throughout our planning process.

She's super professional, fun and friendly to work with. She also took control when she needed to so she could wrangle our group and make sure we got the shots we wanted!

We also were blown away by how fast we received highlight pictures to share with friends before our entire package was ready!

Hire Cassie now!!!!
    Tiffany G. Married on 10/18/2020

Cassie was a bright spot of 2020

I initially met Cassie when I volunteered to help some close friends with their family portrait session as the official puppy wrangler. I have always felt uncomfortable in front of a camera but after seeing Cassie at work, I knew I had to reach out about my own upcoming wedding. Like most 2020 brides, it has been a roller coaster of a year. We postponed our celebration but decided to elope in Big Sur, just the two of us. On the day, I woke up feeling very bittersweet, especially without my family and friends there with us. I was questioning if this was the right decision for us but now we look back and know this is the day that got us through the most difficult year of our lives. Cassie truly went above and beyond to make it special for us -- scouting the best sites for pictures, facilitating a sweet first look, helping us feel comfortable and like ourselves in front of the camera, giving direction when we were feeling a little hesitant. It was initially difficult for me to trust one person with how our day was going to look but I would do it again in a heartbeat. The pictures really speak for themselves. Cassie is incredibly talented, professional, committed, easy to work with, and truly brought out the best in both of us. I will cherish these pictures for the rest of my life.
  • Shweta
    Shweta S. Married on 10/16/2020

If you want to treasure your wedding photos forever, go with Cassie

I found Cassie through my wedding planner Events by Satra. I was interested in having someone with experience with Indian weddings. Cassie was so prompt in replying and sharing photos from Indian weddings (plural!) that she had photographed.

My first thought was shock when I saw those photos and now, when I see my own gallery of wedding photos. Cassie is an amazing photographer! She made my entire wedding look so bright, light, sophisticated, elegant, and just.... perfect.

She is so great at directing couples and made it so comfortable for us follow her directions and not feel awkward. In fact, she helped us loosen up and have fun with it, and it really shows in the photos.

She's professional, has a fantastic energy, a great attitude and a good sense of humor. My husband in particular was impressed - and he didn't understand why I was painstakingly selecting our photographer!

Overall I am so happy we chose her and would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Katie C. Married on 08/24/2019

She made it easy and fun!

Cassie is an incredible talent and a joy to work with. She was our photographer at our wedding, and nearly a year after the wedding, I look back at the photos as delighted with how they turned out as the very first time I saw them. She captured the event perfectly and was very professional and great to work with from the very first time we met. She got to know me and the groom and made us both feel comfortable and relaxed, and we had so much fun taking our photos (and our bridal party, family and all of our guests did too)! I had very specific requests of the kinds of photos I wanted and when and where and she helped us make it all happen. Highly recommend Cassie and I can't wait to have enough event and photo shoot with Cassie.
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten D. Married on 11/17/2018

Absolutely amazing & Unbelievably Talented!

Cassie, where do we begin. Cassie is an absolute dream to work with. She is extremely professional, yet very personable and easy to work with. She shared in our vision for our wedding and helped us bring it to life. We were new to the area and Cassie helped us plan our entire engagement shoot, and she selected the most perfect location that was aligned with our vision. The photos belong in a magazine. For our wedding, Cassie was extremely prepared and quickly became a part of our family. She traveled 3000 miles to capture our wedding day, and we will forever be thankful. We received sneak peaks of our wedding the same exact night of our wedding day! It was incredible! The photos are incredible! Our wedding day was a dream come true, and Cassie was at the center of it. We highly highly recommend Cassie. She over delivers on her product, is passionate about photography, and works with you to make your dreams come true. Thank you, Cassie.
    Chantal Married on 05/12/2018
    From the moment I spoke with Cassie, I was immediately at ease. She is so easy going and relatable (have you read her bio?), and her vast experience was so valuable in walking us through our own wedding planning. To add some color, we had a split venue due to our morning ceremony, door games and a tea ceremony inbetween the 7 hour break, with over 200 guests at the banquet.

Despite our large guest list, Cassie was able to deliver our album in exactly one month. The final curation was so thoughtfully chosen, edited, and arranged. Each photo was relative the next, stringing together a series of expressions that told the story of our special day. The shyness captured between my partner and I during our first look, even with 6 years under our belt (those were some of my favorites). The crazed, yet some how perfect shots of my face when I laugh, even with my mouth wide open. Mike's love when he smiles at his grandma. Our parents' open pride and joy. Cassie took all of these fleeting moments and held them still, so that I could relive one of the happiest days of my life twice.

Cassie has a gift of capturing people and places in an honest and beautiful light. Her photography, much like herself, has a very natural and weightless charm. We are so happy to have chosen her and we know you will too.
    Monique Married on 04/21/2018
    Cassie was just amazing to work with. I wanted someone who could take beautiful photos, even in simple settings. I was having a small backyard ceremony, so I was planning everything on my own. She made recommendations on timelines for the best lighting, which was super helpful to me. I thought taking pictures would be awkward (we're camera shy) but she made us feel so comfortable, it felt really natural. She was great with the guests, even when they got in her way at times. I could not imagine anyone else taking our wedding photos.
  • SmileMea
    Amelia Married on 12/08/2017
    We were looking for a photographer who could capture not only memorable pictures, but also our personalities. Cassie is professional, friendly, engaging, and made our day go by with ease. With each click, Cassie was able to capture and freeze these precious memories for us to remember for a lifetime. Her work is filled with elegance and grace; we're honored to have her be part of our wedding. As we look through our images each time, they bring us back in time so we can relive that special day again. We cannot thank her enough for the breathtaking work she did in capturing our happiness.
    Helena Married on 11/18/2017
    I wish I could figure out how to use the praise hand emoji on here, because that's honestly the best way to capture Cassie as a person, photographer, planner, and friend. Booking Cassie doesn't just mean paying for a photographer. It means investing in a passionate, wedding industry professional, who will come alongside you during wedding planning, answer any and all questions, and help you think through details you wouldn't necessarily have even considered. She is thorough, timely, detailed, and loves love - what more could you ask for?
    We booked Cassie for both our engagement and wedding photos. I was on the fence about the engagement photos and ultimately decided it was best for me and future-husband to get used to having our pictures taken - I was right. Cassie made us feel comfortable and also helped assure us that our natural selves (which tended to be laughing selves) really would be the best selves for photos. Phew! Another plus - she was totally down with having our pup join the session and was an absolute dog expert in getting him to pose for the camera!
    Cassie goes above and beyond - she arrived early (at no extra cost!) at my wedding venue to capture extra shots and not feel rushed. Additionally, though I hadn't planned to add a second shooter to the wedding, she'd updated her wedding packages in the months I'd been engaged, and also included an assistant - at no extra cost.
    When our wedding videographer fell through ~2 weeks prior to our wedding day, I reached out to Cassie wanting some guidance and recommendations from a wedding industry professional. She was so kind, understanding, and helpful - within a week, through her referral, who referred his trusted friend, my now-husband and I booked a videographer who we love even more than the original booking!
    Cassie truly values what's best for the soon-to-be married couple and does all that she can to capture all the special moments. Thank you so much, Cassie!
    Amy Married on 11/03/2017
    We fell in love with Cassie's work, but were also blown away by her professionalism and how much fun she was on our wedding day. She did an amazing job orchestrating the photo shoot, and was really just amazingly fun to hang out with on our wedding day. She will make you feel completely at ease in front of the camera and produce incredible photographs for you. You literally won't have to think about anything, she will take care of it for you, so you can relax and focus on enjoying your day. I can't recommend her enough!
  • I
    Iris Married on 10/07/2017
    Cassie is the BEST photographer you’ll ever find! She did two sets of photos for me— one was a scheduled shoot, and the other was my proposal! She is so great at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera, even my fiancé (who normally feels silly posing for photos) had a blast! Instead of having you pose for minutes at a time, Cassie has a natural ability to capture the moment quickly and painlessly, so you can focus on having an amazing time!

For the proposal shoot, Cassie went undercover and hid behind bushes to get the perfect shots, and they are the most cherished photos I’ll ever have. If you are planning a proposal and want professional photos of that special moment, definitely look no further. The proposal photos turned out AMAZINGLY, and she stuck around afterwards to get some beautiful post-proposal photos that my family absolutely loved. Cassie definitely goes above and beyond.

On top of all of the magic she works during the shoot itself, she is just a dream to work with. She is not only able to anticipate your photography needs, she is super personable, very responsive, and turns out gorgeous photos so quickly! Her portfolio speaks for itself. I cannot recommend her enough!
    Rebecca Married on 09/16/2017
    I do not have enough wonderful things to say about Cassie!! We just love her work and everyone we show our photos to is blown away. Cassie is so easy to work with. From our very first email, to meeting in person, to day of details, she is organized and a joy to talk to. I love her friendly, sweet, easy going personality. It let us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We did an engagement shoot on location at our favorite place, Carmel, and she had such wonderful ideas to capture the feel of the little town in our photos. We even brought our dog in for a portion of the shoot - a big shepherd. It was fantastic! On the wedding day, everything went so smooth! We had lots of fun with the first look, pre-ceremony, post-ceremony, and sunset photos! We ordered our guestbook with our engagement photos through her and had that at the cocktail hour and everyone was raving about the photos! We got our sneak peek and emailed our friends and family the link and everyone kept saying "Oh my gosh, these are amazing! Who was your photographer!?" The photos are so wonderful - soft, romantic, natural, timeless. The perfect way to capture our beautiful day!! Five stars!! Book Cassie!!
    (Photos shown were taken at Peacock Gap Clubhouse in San Rafael, CA)
    Angela Married on 11/05/2016
    Cassie was great! I booked her through Once Like a Spark, but she also works separately from them too. Her photos are awesome and she was able to get all the photos I wanted and more. Cassie was commanding when it came time to corral family members for photos, but she was never pushy or obnoxious. She was even able to get me a preview set of my photos THE NEXT DAY! It was so awesome to see my photos so soon after the wedding. Highly recommend her!
    Rachel Married on 10/21/2016
    We absolutely loved working with Cassie for our City Hall wedding! She is so sweet, incredibly talented, and truely passionate about her work. Cassie had great suggestions and showed us several examples of locations to take some photos before our ceremony. She was always quick to respond and was so helpful leading up to our wedding. On the big day, she was patient yet efficient in getting all of the couple and family photos that we wanted to take. We received our photos quickly and could not be more pleased with the results! I love all of the sweet moments she was able to capture and can't stop looking at them! Cassie is the best!
    Daras Married on 08/13/2016
    Cassie is great and very professional! She is a pleasure to work with and makes you feel comfortable in any setting.
    Sofia Married on 08/06/2016
    Cassie is by far the best photographer I have ever worked with. Being a bride is extremely stressful, and can feel like you're juggling a million to-dos at once. Cassie is so easy to talk to, and I felt comfortable knowing that photos were off my plate after just our first conversation. She is very attentive to all the details, and genuinely cares about making sure she captures them. Also, asking my husband to be photographed for an hour for an engagement session was like pulling teeth. After a few minutes into our session, she had him comfortable posing in a busy city square! I was so impressed with how she ran the session for us, and was even more impressed with the photos she provided. No reason to look anywhere else. She will take care of you.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 07/30/2016
    Cassie was AMAZING!!! She's so professional, sweet, and SUPER talented! The posed family photos flew by and were SO organized. Our wedding party had so much fun modeling for her creative photo ideas. Our guests were so impressed at how Cassie and her assistant photographer Rebekah were everywhere all the time, without being intrusive to the festivities. My husband and I were never pulled away from our reception for pictures (like we wanted) and the candid shots from the reception are incredible! After a perfect night of feeling like a celebrity rather than a prop for photos, Cassie sent us a preview of about 40 pictures the NEXT morning!!! That alone was enough for a 5 star review, let alone how BEAUTIFUL every single picture is! I didn't have a videographer, and I don't regret it one bit because Cassie's photos capture everyone's emotions and the night's events so well. Cassie, thank you for a wonderful wedding photography experience and the incredible pictures!!!
    Connie Married on 05/14/2016
    I can't say enough about Cassie and her photography. She shot our engagement photos and our wedding photos and they both came out beautifully. Cassie has a second shooter for both events and really captured every angle and shot we wanted. For a 10 hour service, her prices were beyond reasonable and she was extremely professional and accommodating even with my family who are not all native speakers. Per our contract, we were able to get our photos back EXTREMELY quickly (faster than any other photographers I've heard of). Additionally, what set her services apart was that we had access to all of our photos via a website that we could have public or password protected and easily downloadable. Her photos were NOT watermarked which we loved! She was able to get tons of shots even when we had 50+ family members to organize. We can't speak highly enough of Cassie and her photography!
    Jordana Married on 11/15/2015
    Cassie went way above and beyond! From start to finish, it was evident that it was important to her for us to be happy with her work. She accommodated us by adding extra hours to allow more time for pre-ceremony photos and did extra editing for us beyond the scope of the contract. Cassie was faced with an extremely windy, outdoor wedding on the Coast. Shivering, I was ready to head to the reception site without coastal photos. She urged me to stay to capture a few. I'm so grateful she wouldn't let me leave without the photos. They are some of my favorite photos with my dress romantically blowing in the wind. Thank you, Cassie for capturing our day so beautifully!
    Amanda Married on 08/28/2015
    Cassie is an incredibly talented photographer. She has a knack for taking in a space and a couple and capturing the essence of how both of those things play off of one another. Cassie took both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures, and she managed to find the most interesting and beautiful backgrounds along both the graffitied streets of Atlanta as well as the romantic past of an old Savannah train yard. Our spaces could not have been more different, but the pictures manage to intertwine to tell the same story - our story - in a beautifully cohesive visual. Our guests cannot get over how gorgeous our portraits turned out and neither can we. A photographer is one of the most important decisions you make for a wedding day - it's how you remember and relive the memories of that day with your partner for a lifetime to come. Thank you to Cassie (and Kayla!) for our gorgeous memories <3

Cassie Valente Photography's reply:

Amanda!! I couldn't have asked for a better bride to work with! We all had SO much fun, in spite of the rain that day - or maybe, because of it!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind words and wonderful review. So thankful to have been a part of your big day! The vendor team was really incredible!
    Mariya Married on 06/02/2015
    Cassie is dream photographer. She was prepared and sent detailed information about the location of the shoot and gave detailed parking directions so we would get lost or have any issues meeting up with her. She was great at giving us advice for how to stand and cute poses so we looked effortlessly beautiful. Loved taking photos with you.
    Leigh Married on 06/20/2011
    We did an anniversary shoot with Cassie, and could not be any happier with how it turned out. She's so sweet and easy to work with, and the photos came out amazing! She was professional, responsive, got the final photos back to us quickly, and is a talented photographer. We also recommended her for a friend's wedding, and I know how happy they were as well. We can't recommend her enough, and we're so glad she's around if we want to do any more shoots ourselves!
    Pete Married on 11/21/2017
    On the day, Cassie was super easy to work with and managed to get a lot of the shots done, even with a large group of people. She was able to send us a few sneak peeks within hours! And the full set only took a few weeks as well. I’ve also truly enjoyed the photos from her film camera, while all other photos are amazing too. Highly recommend!
    Ting Married on 11/21/2017
    We had a combo package (City Hall registration, followed by a lunch reception) with Cassie. Cassie and her team are very professional AND super friendly and easy to work with. She successfully managed a fairly large group of people at City Hall for ceremony photo shooting. The entire group including me and my husband enjoyed her service and professionalism very much.

The finished photo package is at very high quality, very natural and real, which is exactly what I am looking for. Especially enjoyed the photos from her film camera. Cassie is also very flexible and open with changes and ideas brought to her during the shooting session. I would definitely recommend her to my friends!
    Evelyn Married on 09/17/2016
    Cassie was fantastic! She came to us through a referral from a co-worker who knew her personally and had Cassie photograph their wedding. Through the planning process Cassie was very responsive and thorough. She plan all of our family pictures and who we wanted photos with so it was very easy the day of the wedding. We let her take creative license with the pre-wedding, ceremony and reception photos and I couldn't have imagined them to be more beautiful. She was very upbeat and extremely patient with our wandering family members during family photos. We really appreciated that Cassie sent us a preview of our album just a short week after the weeding. It was great to be able to show those to our close friends and family. When we received the remainder of our pictures, were able to see details we missed the day of and made it possible to relive the wonderful memories of our big day. We truly got our money's worth and highly recommend Cassie!