Casey MacKenzie Photography Reviews

47 | Albany, NY

47 Reviews for Casey MacKenzie Photography

47 Casey MacKenzie Photography Reviews

Lynna · Married on 08/02/2018

Casey is the best wedding photographer anyone could have. She is very easy to work with and super enthusiastic about working with the couple. She brings really good positive vibes and energy that is unparallelled. Also her pictures always have the perfect lighting and gives the day a dreamy feel. I recommend her to anyone and will use her again in the future for family photos!

Chelsea · Married on 06/30/2018

I have known Casey since I was a little girl, so having her be part of my wedding day was extra special. Casey is so sweet and accommodating, not to mention extraordinarily gifted and talented at what she does. I have only seen a few photos from our Wedding Day as part of a "sneak peak" and they were INCREDIBLE. I can hardly wait to see the other photos! We have already received numerous compliments on the photos Casey has posted. In addition to being an amazing photographer and capturing our special day, she was also WONDERFUL at helping calm my nerves along the way, and was tremendously helpful the weeks leading up to the wedding. We have been asked by numerous friends/family members planning to get married within the next few years who our photographer was, as you can tell instantaneously how amazing Casey is at her job. I would recommend Casey to anyone looking for an incredibly sweet, talented and funny photographer. You will NOT regret it.

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2018

Casey is the best!! She has blown us away by her creative photography skills for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos! She is also so pleasant to work with - she makes the whole experience fun with her positive energy :) I would 100% recommend her.

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2017

Casey is the most fun loving & professional wedding photographer EVER. My husband and I were so thankful to have her by our side on the best day of our lives! She was absolutely amazing, and so organized through the entire planning process. Casey is professional, friendly, and fun all bundled together! From our engagement session to some of the last moments of the wedding night she was there, and didn’t miss a thing. Our families absolutely loved her! She remembered every family member's names, and was so great dealing with all of the kiddos! She had a smile on her face from the early morning hours, until the moment she hugged us goodbye. We would highly recommend Casey to anyone & everyone, to capture some of the most beautiful memories of your life. We cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work Casey. Our sneak peek photos were simply breathtaking. We love you so much, and can’t wait to see all of the rest of the photos! :)

Tessa · Married on 10/07/2017

Casey MacKenzie, not only was she my favorite when my husband and I met her for our consultation but she became one of the best parts of our day. Casey had a way of making us feel incredibly comfortable from the moment we met her , during our engagement shoot, & for our big day. Not only is she a photographer but she helped me endless times to remind me just to breathe and was always helping me with my flowers, dress , hair, etc. She is genuinely amazing and not only is she an special person to work with she takes stunning photos. When we got to see our final photos I started crying by the second photo because I was so shocked and it was amazing to be reminded how meaningful the moments that we may not have remembered from that day were. Casey is professional, top notch, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I cannot wait to work with her in the future and can honestly say we gained not only an amazing photographer that day but a friend. I could not say enough about her and her photography , her being a part of our day was hands down one of the best decisions we made throughout our whole wedding process.

With Love,
    The Fazioli's

Marisa · Married on 09/22/2017

Hiring Casey was by far the best decision we could have made for our wedding. She was phenomenal to work with and goes above and beyond. She's fun, bubbly, energetic, thoughtful and super talented. Her pictures are absolutely beautiful and she makes you feel very comfortable. We had a blast during our engagement pictures and after our wedding we had so many people comment on how amazing our photographer was. She's one of a kind! We will definitely be using her again in the future!

Corey · Married on 09/09/2017

Casey Mackenzie *mic drop* Searching for a photographer was a no brainer when a lot of your friends are using the best of the best. We had been to wedding that Casey was doing and we saw the personality and professionalism that were able to be combined to where you felt so comfortable yet so well taken care of. People to this day come to us and say who was your photographer she meant business but she was so fun. I have heard horror stories about photographers during weddings coming to the table while you're trying to eat to pull you away and go take photos I told Casey this was my one request and she was like absolutely I love that idea. You need to sit and enjoy this time and the food. She was also like a ninja getting every picture every angle you could imagine it was like you see her and then you don't cause she's already on to the next shot. The quality of photos is superb but what you really see is her capturing the unscripted moments that you would wish were captured. She captured our day perfectly and we have only seen 3 photos of it.

Thank you so much Casey!

Corey and Dan Prince

Kristen · Married on 08/13/2017

Casey is one of the most fun, bubbly and energetic people my husband and I have ever met! From the moment we met her it was like we have known her our whole lives she was so kind and friendly and really brought us out of our shells for the engagement session. We can't thank her enough for helping make our big day the best day ever. Casey isn't just a photographer but a friend. From helping me get in my dress, to fixing my dress when it ripped and helping the guys with their ties she was just the greatest! She is an amazing photographer and we will continue to use her to capture all of our biggest life moments! Thank you Casey!

Casey MacKenzie Photography 1

Emily · Married on 06/23/2017

As with many reviews on here, I am not sure how to even begin explaining how amazing Casey is. Casey was recommended to us by a friend, so we went on her Facebook and website and began looking at her pictures. My husband and I were so impressed, so we sent her an email asking if she was available and for a quote. Since we live in NYC we set up a time to call and talk about her style and to see if it was a fit. I am not lying, not even 2 minutes into the phone call, we were ready to send in our deposit to lock in our date! Casey is so kind, friendly, and has a way of making you feel so comfortable to be in front of a camera, something my husband and I are not! Our engagement shoot was so relaxed and fun, and we love the pictures Casey took!! Leading up to the wedding Casey was reaching out to us, asking if there was anything she could help us with, now that goes above and beyond! On our wedding day, Casey showed up to the bridal suite with me and all the bridesmaids, and it was like she was one herself, laughing with us and helping us all get ready! We did not do a first look, but Casey knew we wanted to get into cocktail hour, and she made sure we did!! She was able to coordinate everyone and every shot perfectly, so we got to spend time with our guests and still get the photos we wanted. From the teaser we saw, we can't wait to see what others she has for us!! I will be recommending Casey to all my family and friends!

Larissa · Married on 04/29/2017

Edit: Now that our wedding has come and gone (4-29-17) our previous review doesn't do Casey justice. She captured each and every special moment for us. She helped out in more ways than she had to. Her photos (the 4 sneak peeks we've seen) are SPECTACULAR! She blended in as one of our family and every one of our 140 guests loved her. Thank you Casey for everything. We love you! xoxo Dan and Larissa

Casey is amazing! We have only had our engagement photos as of right now (9-3-16) and can not wait until our wedding in April! She is very fun to work with while showing amazing professionalism/ She made us feel so comfortable during out session.

We already plan to use her for as many milestones in our life as we can!

Thanks!!

Kate · Married on 04/21/2017

Prior to getting engaged, I would see Casey’s photographs come across my Facebook feed from friends of mine that had utilized her services; from maternity to baby to wedding, and family. She did it all – and she did it so incredibly well, and I was hooked! So, when the time came for my husband and me to book our photographer for our wedding, Casey was the obvious choice due to her work speaking for itself. When we met with Casey for our initial meeting, we were instantly impressed – she has this way of making you feel like you have known her for years. From our engagement session to our wedding and everything in between, Casey was able to make every moment feel as though we were her only clients; answering our emails timely and always giving such great insight and advice when we had questions, and making our engagement shoot and wedding day feel so comfortable. She has a talent that is unmatched and her pictures are stunning. She has an appreciation for photography and most importantly an eye for capturing emotion, and you can tell she truly loves what she does. At the end of a wedding, when all is said and done, what is left are the photographs and for my husband and I, that was the single most important piece to our wedding and we are so happy we chose Casey. If you’re looking for a photographer for a wedding, new baby, family, or just moments to be captured, Casey will not disappoint. I would recommend Casey to everyone!

Tara · Married on 11/13/2016

Casey is absolutely amazing! She is so flexible and fun. Our pictures from our engagement shoot were beautiful and are everything we could imagine and more. We can't wait to see our wedding photos but we know those will be amazing as well.

• Sarah380

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Having an amazing wedding photographer was one of the non-negotiables for our wedding. We were BLESSED to meet Casey! From our very first meeting, she made us feel 100% comfortable and assured us every step of the way that our big day would be great. Her talent truly speaks for itself! [Just go to her blog and you'll fall completely in love!] Our engagement & wedding photos exceeded every expectation! She captured priceless moments & emotions that bring back "all the feels". Our family & friends all commented on how professional & fun Casey was to work with; not to mention their mutual love for our photos! I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Casey! I can't wait for life's next big moments so we can work with her again! <3 <3 <3

• User5195956 · 2+ years ago

When looking for a photographer, my husband and I searched long and hard. We didnt want all of our photos to look too staged or forced, but wanted someone who would truly capture our wedding day magic for what it was...and then we found Casey. I cannot put into words the comfort my husband and I get when we first sat down and met with her. As she described her style and asked us to describe what we were looking for, we immediately knew she was perfect for our day! One of Casey's best qualities in my opinion is to make everyone feel so comfortable in front of the camera, which truly shows in her photos. She was able to capture what seemed like every natural moment of our wedding day, but she also helped us create moments as well, encouraging us to take some moments alone to share the fact that we just got married! One of the greatest gifts Casey gave us was photos of myself and my family celebrating outside the church with my uncle who passed away a few days following. I've looked back on these photos almost every day since and am eternally grateful for these precious moments she captured for us. Casey is truly one of a kind and beyond talented and we look forward to using her for all of our special life moments to come!

I don't know if I can put into words how incredible Casey is, both as a photographer and as a person. When I first saw her photos, I had two thoughts: 1. I'm in LOVE with her photography style and 2. How are her prices so affordable for this caliber of work? I knew we needed to hire her ASAP. Within the first five minutes of our initial meeting, it felt like we'd been friends for years. My husband and I immediately connected with her due to her energetic personality, sense of humor and welcoming smile. Her talent, dedication and genuine love of photography and people is so evident throughout her work. We couldn't be happier with the way our engagement photos turned out and we're beyond excited to see the photos from our wedding day....especially since, at one point, she was laying down on a rainy dock to get the perfect shot! She will literally do whatever it takes, all while maintaining complete professionalism, to make sure the bride, groom and families, including cranky flower girls, are comfortable and smiling in order to capture those priceless moments. We are so lucky to have shared the most important day of our lives with Casey and can't wait to work with her in the future when we start our own little family! We absolutely adore you, Casey! Thank you SO much!

Siobhan · Married on 07/15/2016

Casey was amazing throughout the entire process! Starting with our engagement photos, she very quickly made us feel comfortable and had us laughing throughout the session. On our wedding day, she captured some amazing photos that we will forever cherish. Our wedding party, family and friends all loved working with her, and some of my friends have already decided that when they get married they will be booking her! Thank you Casey for capturing our perfect day :)

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

I don't even know where to start with how amazing it was to work with Casey! She is so sweet and bubbly, that her personality alone made it an easy decision when it came time to booking her services for my wedding. Casey was such a professional through our whole experience. She made my husband and I both feel extremely comfortable and recommended some great ideas/poses which turned out to be our favorite photos! She is amazing at what she does and it truly shows through her photos that photography is her passion. Her prices are affordable, her packages are flexible and she's truly an amazing photographer. If you're debating booking her for your wedding...BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY!!!

Karen · Married on 06/18/2016

Casey put us at ease at every meeting, engagement shoot, and wedding day. Can't say enough positive things about her and her business. She takes beautiful photos, captures each moment perfectly, is affordable, and incredibly enthusiastic and friendly!

Where do we even begin. We have gotten to know Casey over the last two years. From the first initial meeting, we knew that she was the perfect photographer for us. She is the most sincere, kind hearted, charismatic person we have ever met. She instantly makes you feel comfortable, and literally became a part of our family. Everyone at the wedding was raving about how amazing she was! Her energy level is infectious, and she brings out the best in you for your pictures. Take it from us, she is worth every penny and then some. We have gained a friend for life, and we are in love with all of her work. She has such talent and is becoming a name to reckon with. Hire her and see for yourself, it will be the best and easiest decision you make during your wedding planning journey. Thank you for everything Casey, we love you!

Love,
    The Kearney's

Leigh Ann · Married on 06/04/2016

If I could give Casey 10 stars in each of these categories, I would! Hands down, Casey was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Casey has such a great personality, that it felt like another one of my friends was with me on my wedding day. She truly wants the best for her clients! Casey has a way of making you feel that your wedding is the most important day of her life, too, not just another day on the job. Her warm, cheerful personality makes you feel like you've been friends with her your entire life. Not only does her spirit energize you throughout the day, her photographs truly capture the happiness that day brings. Casey captures real moments, the ones you wish could be frozen in time, and thanks to her - they can be.

My husband (still crazy saying that, lol) is the "I don't like my picture taken" type, and Casey made him feel so comfortable, that he actually ended up enjoying it! Knowing that he was relaxed and comfortable, made me feel more relaxed, too. From the engagement shoot which was so much fun and great practice for the big day, to the beautiful wedding day photographs - she's truly remarkable. I could go on forever!

If you are here looking for beautiful photographs, reasonable pricing, along with a beautiful person inside and out to have by your side on your wedding day, look no further - Casey is top notch!

Thank you a million times over Casey - we will be seeing you in the future for sure!

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

First off I have just about looked at my wedding shots over and over about a "gazillion" times now! I LOVE them that much! Even my husband, who is not the biggest fan of being in front of a camera, can't stop looking at them because they came out that fantastic! As many of the other reviews remarked, Casey's fun and kind personality and approach makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Like most every engaged couple, we spent so much time, energy and money into organizing our "big day" that we wanted to make sure that every detail and special moment was captured and saved. What you see in Casey's gorgeous portfolio is what you get, images that bring back all those emotions of the day that you don't ever want to forget that you had with your closest friends and family. We wanted both a photojournalistic and artistic approach and Casey was the perfect fit for the total style and feel we were looking for. Casey is professional, personable and a perfectionist.

We could feel the love and spirit in the way she worked with us and the way she was able to capture that all on digital "film". You can tell she has a huge heart for what she does and she will often remark how truly sweet her gig really is, and that comes through. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved our photographer! She captures emotion at its purest and most candid moments, so that when you look back, you can easily relive those precious moments. Casey definitely helped make our day feel even more special, and we're so incredibly happy with our choice of using Casey as our photographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. We highly recommend her!

Valerie · Married on 05/20/2016

I spent hours looking for a photographer for our wedding. Literally hours. I had my search pretty much narrowed down when I stumbled upon Casey's work (not sure how I missed it at first, honestly!) I emailed her and then waited anxiously to hear back on her prices and availability, assuming that based on her work and website there was no way she'd be free - and if she was there'd be no way she was in our budget.
    Not only was Casey free but her price was much lower than many of the other photographers who were producing work on her level. We met with two photographers to help us make our decision and knew almost I immediately we had to book her.
    Her photos speak for themselves. From the moment our blog posts (engagement pictures and then later wedding pictures) went up my phone was buzzing non-stop with people telling me how amazing everything was. She's got a great eye and I does an amazing job of telling your day's story with the pictures. She's also so fun to work with. She comes across as super laid back and easy going (which is great as it keeps the mood fun and light) but nothing about her work feels that way. She's in a million places at once and constantly anticipating where to be next.
    Honestly, I think I can be a little tough to please when it comes to stuff like this and I truly have zero complaints. We're not in a rush to have kids but I already know that the moment the time comes she'll be the one taking our family pictures. I would recommend her fully and completely without hesitation.

Casey is an amazing photographer. My fiancé and I were both incredibly nervous for our engagement shoot and she came in the door and we were laughing and comfortable in less than 5 minutes. She went above and beyond to provide us with the exact experience we wanted. She changed days and plans for our shoot as well to accommodate a last minute location addition. Her personality is perfect and her photos are a true work of art! I've heard so many horror stories of people's wedding photos and I don't even have a worry in the world with Casey behind the lens for our day :)

As for price, I was blown away. She had a few packages to choose from that were BEYOND reasonable and she even worked with us to find a package that fit our needs. I don't think there is a photographer that could match the quality of her photos & service to her cost. She's almost too good to be true!

Colleen · Married on 02/13/2016

We had the privilege of having Casey photograph our Valentine's Day wedding at Franklin Plaza this year. I cannot put into words how blessed we were to have her as our photographer. The images and moments that she captured that day will be cherished for a lifetime. You simply cannot put a price tag on the quality of her work. Casey, thank you for everything. We look forward to when our paths cross again!

Jackie · Married on 11/06/2015

Casey was absolutely wonderful to work with. From our engagement photos to our wedding day she has the ability to make everyone feel comfortable and the pictures are amazing!! Casey was quick to answer all of my questions leading up to the wedding day - her responsiveness and professionalism cannot be expressed enough. I am confident that we made the right choice in choosing Casey Mackenzie Photography for our wedding day - I can't recommend her enough! Thank you Casey!!