Casey Fatchett Photography Reviews

90 | New York, NY

90 Reviews for Casey Fatchett Photography

• Renata

Renata Tuttle · Married on 08/24/2019

Incredible Photographer, Artist and Person!

We worked with Casey for our engagement photoshoot, Mehendi celebration and two night wedding. By the time our events were over, it felt like he was a part of our family. Casey and his team got to know us and made sure they planned everything meticulously so no important moments were missed. He put us and our guests at ease by anticipating our needs, making us laugh and making us forget that we were even being photographed. Looking at our photos is SO much fun!!! We get to experience the joy all over again. It's so clear that Casey is a talented artist and master storyteller. He was so professional, and warm. We hope to work with him again in the future and highly recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • David

David Laight · Married on 06/28/2019

I am still crying and laughing at these pictures!

Casey is great at his job. He's great at asking you the right questions before the wedding to make sure he doesn't miss anything. He's great at helping you relax when you're feeling nervous and anxious before the wedding. He's great at making you laugh and feel comfortable when you hate having your photo taken. And his photos are beautiful! He'd be a great addition to your wedding. Hire him!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Julia Jackson · Married on 06/01/2019

Don't worry, he will get the photo!

Casey just gets to know you and he gets it! He understands what you're going through because he's not only been the photographer at hundreds of weddings, he remembers what it was like to get married. There was so much going on at my wedding and I was worried that afterwards we weren't going to remember it all or that we would have missed something that was going. THE FOMO WAS REAL! Casey was a calming influence throughout the entire wedding planning process. By our wedding day, my husband and I knew that Casey and his team had everything covered. When Casey sent us the link to our photos, I legit cried when I looked through them the first time. There were pictures of me holding my grandma's hand that I had NO IDEA Casey was taking. He's brilliant, funny, and really good at what he does. Hire him immediately!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Jen Sky · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing photos - great person!

Do you want amazing photos of your wedding day but don't want to feel like you're under a microscope the entire time? YES??? Then hire Casey. It's as simple as that. He had my husband and I laughing all day at our wedding and he got through our (extensive) list of family portraits so quickly we were able to enjoy most of our cocktail hour! He showed us a few 'teaser' images the day after the wedding on social media and I thought those must be the best photos because they were so beautiful and emotional. I was wrong. When we got the link to the full gallery I was blown away. You can't go wrong with Casey. Not only is he a great photographer, but he's an amazing guy who will get the job done and make you feel relaxed while he does it (even if you're freaking out about everything on your wedding day, like me!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Chelsea · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful experience!

Found NYC’s best wedding photographer and was still blown away by the amazing results! Could not possibly recommend more highly for his talent and professionalism!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you Chelsea!!! I loved working with you an Matt and your kind words are really and truly humbling.

Lynda Rodriguez · Married on 04/05/2019

Everything we could have hoped for and more!

Casey's professional, talented, and knowledgeable. When we started planning our wedding, I didn't have any idea what I was really looking for in a photographer. I just wanted 'nice pictures'. After talking with Casey, he helped me figure out what was really important to me (not feeling rushed or posed as well as lots of candids of family and friends). He was always there to answer questions. Casey is great, and I'd recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Nicole · Married on 12/15/2018

I highly recommend Casey Fatchett! My fiance and I hired him for a NYC engagement shoot and couldn't be more pleased with the photos and experience. Casey was flexible with scheduling our shoot. He was punctual and efficient the day of. He coached us throughout the hour and a half session. Casey delivered the edited photos through an online gallery 48 hours after the shoot.
    Casey captured who we really are as a couple. I will use Casey Fatchett Photography again!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole! It was great getting to know you both and having the privilege of taking your engagement session. Plus, it was just a lot of fun!!
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 11/17/2018

Great experience

Casey and his team were wonderful to work with! We used him for both our wedding photos and videos. Casey does a very thorough job of getting to know his clients. One of the best things that he does is to provide an engagement photo shoot which really gave us a great opportunity for Casey to get to know us better, understand our preferences, and for us to get comfortable with him. Casey is extremely professional and we never had any concerns at all that he would provide quality services. We loved the photos that he took and the way that he organized the draft for the photo album. His suggested photo layout saved us a great deal of time and highlighted his artistic creativity.

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Easy, Fast, and FUN!

Casey was so amazing during both our engagement shoot and wedding. First and foremost he takes the most natural and beautiful photos. And what’s even better is he got us all photos back IN LESS THAN A WEEK. This is truly the most amazing and uncommon thing, and I spoke with a LOT of photographers. Also I swear he is a part time therapist! He was able to calm me down when I was the WORST at taking engagement photos, felt like I was working with a friend. Then during the wedding he was so calming and reassuring. Will be recommending to all!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you, Ashley! You were both a pleasure to work with, and I'm happy to put on my therapist hat when needed. ;-)

Laura · Married on 09/23/2018

Talented Photographer, Lovely Human, Real, Emotional Photos

Casey was everything my fiance´ and I hoped to find in a photographer for our wedding. He was a true partner in making memories, and we can’t recommend him highly enough.

The Planning: Casey is extremely detail-oriented and thoughtful in his approach. By completing his engagement session and wedding questionnaires, Casey really gets to know you as a couple and highlights what makes your love unique. As a bonus, you suddenly find you have a basis for vows and have thought through the entire timeline of your wedding!

The Process: From our first consultation to the last shutter-click at our wedding reception, we felt listened to and at-ease with Casey. He is a very kind, warm soul who makes the process stress-free. For us, it was important that we didn’t feel directed and posed, but if a couple needs some extra help, he will give it in the way that’s right for them.

When it came to the engagement shoot, Casey was up for anything! From making friends with our pups to joining us in a shot of engagement whiskey during the shoot, we felt like we were just hanging out with our super-talented friend who happened to be a photographer.

On the wedding day, Casey and his second shooter, Angel, arrived and got to work with a full understanding of and respect for the day’s timeline. Our guests, other vendors, and venue coordinators kept raving that they had never seen a photographer work so quickly and efficiently. Group portraits didn’t take an unnecessary amount of time. Casey is a pro at getting what he needs and sending you/your guests back to the celebration.

One of my favorite parts of working with Casey is throughout the day and night, special, small moments would happen and I would think, “Oh, I wish Casey were here so we had a picture of that.” Without fail, Casey or Angel would be there. They were always ready, and ever-present, but never in the way or stopping the joy of the day from unfolding naturally.

The Photos: Simply put, Casey’s photos look like memorable moments of your life at their most beautiful. It was very important to us that our photos weren’t overly posed and had true-to-life color vs the very washed out you sometimes see in wedding photography, and Casey delivered in spades. The photos are gorgeous, emotional, and real. They look like a mixture beautiful movie stills and creative, artistic shots - which is exactly what we wanted.

Casey gave us a few teaser photos to hold us over, but the real deal didn’t take long! He turned around both our engagement photos and wedding photos in roughly a week, and included a slideshow of wedding photos that we could share with friends and family. I can’t think of any other newlywed couple we know who got their wedding photos back so quickly without sacrificing quality.

It is wonderful when you get to work with someone who is a stellar human, talented, and feels like they are on your team. Casey is all this.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Laura, it makes my job so much easier when I'm dealing with stellar humans as well who are so very clearly deeply in love. It was an absolute joy working with you!

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2018

Casey and his team do beautiful work! Casey captures moments that bring you back to the wedding day. He took photos of people and things that we missed, but now we get to see. I highly recommend Casey. Casey also helped organize our sparkler sendoff at the end of the evening, and went above and beyond as a wonderful photographer!! He really gets done whatever needs to be done on your big day. Also his wife is his assistant and she helps him create photo magic! I can't tell you how many people said that our wedding photos look like a magazine spread. We can't even decide on which photos to hang because they're all so beautiful!!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Reading reviews like this truly reminds me why I love what I do. Thank you, Suzanne. We had a great time working with you!
  • Amanda

Amanda White · Married on 08/31/2018

Wedding photos 9/14/2019

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about having a photographer at my wedding, knowing that I tend to have horrible "I know there's a camera here" face and I did not want to spend tons of money on photos I'd hate. Casey immediately put those fears to rest and managed to capture so many amazing, joyful moments from my husband and I's special day. I could literally spend hours looking at the moments he captured from our heartfelt ceremony, to our guests sharing laughs and tearing up the dancefloor, and yes even my dreaded posed photos. Casey was like a photo ninja all night, capturing one awesome moment after the next and giving my husband and I great memories to treasure for a life time. Can't thank or recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Awww, thank you, Amanda! It was truly my pleasure and I am glad I was able to make you feel at ease. That's what I aim for!

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2018

I highly recommend using Casey! I got married last month and I have nothing but good things to share about the photography experience. Looking through all the photographs (which he shared with us less than 2 weeks after our event!), I couldn't be happier with how Casey captured our day. He does a great job with portraits and had us fill out a questionnaire before the event so we had time to think about exactly what we wanted to capture during the portrait time frame. But even better than the portraits are the candid shots that he takes throughout the day. It's really great to be able to look through and experience the moments of dancing, laughter, and hugs and to feel the excitement of the day through the photos. And all very discretely. My husband and I were very impressed looking through all the photos, we kept saying "Casey was standing right there? I have no memory of that!"

Casey photographed two of my sisters weddings prior to mine, and I feel so lucky that going into my wedding, I had a photographer that I already knew was going to be great. One less thing to worry about! Hopefully this post can give you the same peace of mind. If you can hire Casey - do it!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Sarah,
    Thank you very much for this review. I'm a little sad that their are no more weddings in your family since I've come to know you all over the last few years. I was happy to use my ninja photographer skills to capture all of those moments!

Meghan · Married on 08/04/2018

Highly talented, friendly, and thoughtful photographer for any occasion

We were really meticulous in finding a photographer for our wedding day. When we came across Casey we loved his appreciation for photography and his eye for capturing emotion. Most importantly he loves what he does, in addition to being extremely talented. He made us feel really comfortable during our engagement shoot, when neither of us had taken professional photos before and felt nervous, and he got the photos back to us in LESS THAN A WEEK. We were amazed. On our wedding day as well he captured such special moments, emotions, and light. We were so happy with how the photos turned out and have revisited them again and again since. And we have to reiterate how quickly we received the retouched wedding photos back! We loved being able to go through them during our honeymoon. Casey also makes the nitty-gritty administrative stuff extremely easy through his online portal, and also by just generally knowing what he’s doing (he has years and years of experience doing this). At any point if we had a question for Casey he was never more than a call/email away and was always very prompt and professional about answering. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a talented, friendly, and thoughtful photographer for any occasion. Thank you Casey!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Angelina · Married on 05/13/2018

Casey was amazing! He made us feel so relaxed and comfortable from the moment we contacted him. My friends and family told me that you need to choose a photographer you like to be around and they were right! It was like having a friend take our pictures. Casey is professional, talented, and SUPER funny! He had the entire wedding party cracking up throughout our portraits and the rest of the day we hardly noticed him unless he came up to us and asked if we needed anything. Thank you, Casey!! We will recommend you to everyone!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Taylor · Married on 04/28/2018

I can't say enough good things about Casey! WOW! First off, his no time limits package made everything so much more relaxed because we didn't have to worry about paying overtime, and we got a free engagement session with it! That helped my husband so much. He doesn't like having his picture taken, but after a couple of minutes he and Casey were trading movie quotes back and forth. Casey obviously cares a lot about his clients and he will make you feel like you're the most important people in the world, even though I'm sure he does that with all of his clients. He's also super responsive if you have questions and lets you know what's going on throughout the process. Oh, and he is a master at getting through a ton of family pictures quickly and painlessly. My husband and I didn't want to spend a lot of time on posed pictures but we had a lot of groups of people that we absolutely had to get photos with. Casey had all of them done in half an hour! He's AMAZING!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Cynthia · event on 04/26/2018

I hired Casey to photograph my husband's surprise 50th Birthday Party. He was flexible with payment as I had to hide funds since it was a surprise party. He was able to quickly gather information from me to understand what I wanted. He was prompt and on time and took some phenomenal pictures. He was also quick to post the pictures the next day and they were beautiful!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Mandy · Married on 02/17/2018

Casey photographed our wedding in February of 2017. He's warm, caring, a great listener and has a keen eye for detail. Our pictures are beautiful, authentic and completely captured the spirit of the day. He is a total pro and all around great guy. We highly recommend Casey Fatchett!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Michelle · Married on 03/05/2017

Since I knew the whole wedding experience would go by in a flash, having great pictures to look back on was a priority for me. I wanted a photographer who would capture the emotion of the day, and Casey was perfect. Even though my wife does not like getting her picture taken, we both look natural and he caught a lot of great candid moments. The complimentary engagement shoot helped us learn to relax for pictures so it was easier on the big day; after all, most of us are not models in our normal lives. Casey was happy to listen to our ideas as well as make great suggestions. It was a really hot day so I appreciated that he works quickly and the process isn’t drawn out or tiring.

The wedding itself was a winter elopement, and we had a reception for family and friends another day. I would recommend Casey for either setting. He was fun to have around as the only “guest” for the ceremony, and he was a very good sport about being out in the freezing cold weather for the ceremony itself and pictures afterwards.

As for the reception, he blended in perfectly. Casey is great at capturing funny, touching, and otherwise awesome moments without anyone feeling crowded or self-conscious about there being a camera around. And he was happy to take posed or group shots as requested. He made sure before leaving to ask us multiple times if there was anything else we wanted.

Most importantly, the pictures are gorgeous! He definitely takes care not to post shots where anyone looks bad. We couldn’t believe how fast the turnaround was - both times he sent pictures from the elopement and reception in just a few short days, faster than what he’d verbally promised. And we were given a link to download all the images without watermarks. We have gotten so many compliments on the pictures, and couldn’t be happier to have such wonderful keepsakes from our big day(s). I would happily hire Casey again!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you! I had a lot of fun throughout the process - even during the freezing cold ceremony!

Liz · Married on 01/27/2017

Casey photographed our elopement at City Hall and we are absolutely beyond pleased! Not only was he incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, his photos were also utterly gorgeous. He made our day extra special and we are really grateful he captured our day. Thank you so much, Casey!! We are so happy with our photos!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Thank you very much!

Jon · Married on 08/13/2016

As a part time wedding band bassist I have had the pleasure of watching Casey work from a unique perspective on stage and behind the scenes, and have witnessed firsthand the level of effort and professionalism he puts into getting every shot. So when it came to our Manhattan wedding it was the easiest decision we made in the planning process to have Casey photograph our wedding. We went with Casey + a second photographer, and the package included a engagement shoot. Casey truly went above and beyond, was always responsive, extremely helpful, and truly did an amazing job. We would always recommend Casey to anyone for wedding or event photo coverage, and he is always our first choice.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you, Jon! It means a lot coming from someone else who has worked a lot of weddings.

LaNette · Married on 06/28/2016

My husband and I didn't have much time to decide on a photographer, so I went based on a recommendation from a friend whose wedding I attended last year. Casey was the photographer and I remember commenting on how great the photos turned out when she shared them with me.

Casey was very professional from the very beginning. I got a same day response by email and once I told him what we needed, he gave us a couple suggestions and we immediately booked him! I'm glad he was available. I highly recommend booking Casey for your event. He listens to what you want and he really captures the emotions of your wedding party and your guests. I was very happy with the quality of the pictures and how quickly we got them back (maybe a week turnaround).

Sent on 08/02/2016

Marcelo · Married on 05/07/2016

Casey Fatchett is a fantastic photographer who is a true pro at his job and is a pleasure to work with. He made my wife and I feel at ease during our initial engagement photo shoot and is great at really getting to understand who his clients are and what they like. Casey takes gorgeous photos and is awesome at capturing candid moments without being invasive. He is very open to any ideas you may have about photos and also is great at providing his opinion and perspective on ideas. He truly makes you feel part of the process and is an overall great guy. You won't be disappointed with Casey, he's the best around.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you very much, Marcelo!

Steve · Married on 04/09/2016

Choosing Casey Fatchett Photography was the best decision we could have made! We had previously met Casey through a friend and when we were deciding on wedding photographers it was a no brainer. When we initially met to have a consultation, he was very friendly and inviting. We started off by having an engagement photo session where he and his wife, Caroline, got to know the two of us better and see how we photographed. The two of them were great together. They listened to all of our ideas and offered a few new ones we hadn’t thought of. After seeing our engagement pictures we became very excited to have them shoot our wedding. When it came time for the big day, Casey and Caroline split up making sure they didn’t miss any great moments. They did a great job of capturing the day without interfering or stepping in at all. We had gone over the list of pictures we wanted ahead of time and it was smooth sailing throughout the day. When we finally received the pictures we were simply blown away by the level of quality. We definitely recommend Casey Fatchett Photography not only because of the quality of his work, but because he’s also a great person to work with!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you, Steve! That really means a lot.

Katrina · Married on 03/19/2016

To me, photography was one of the most important parts of our wedding. I found Casey online and knew right away he was perfect for our wedding. Not only was his work stunning, but he's a Casey (my new last name). Once my fiance (now husband) met him he felt the same. Casey & Jeremy photographed our March wedding in upstate New York. They were both so nice and welcoming it put everyone at ease. Then we got the pictures. They were so beautiful I cried while looking through them. As any bride would I downloaded a few hundred on my phone (a small sampling of all the photos) and have showed them to anyone who will stand still. You would think they would be happy to finish, but everyone said "That's it?". They were so moved, they didn't want the pictures to end. I can't wait to make my album and cherish it forever.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Casey Fatchett Photography's reply:

Thank you, Katrina! The wedding was beautiful. It was also definitely the first time I have heard "The Rains of Castamere" as the processional song.