Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery Reviews

Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery 2
Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery 3
  • Jonelle

Jonelle · Married on 02/15/2019

They’re with you every step of the way

The staff at Casa Real is A+. They literally help you every step of the way. The venue itself is gorgeous as is . The all inclusive food and beverage options they have are great . So happy with our venue !

Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery 4
  • Nadir

Nadir S Vissanjy · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing Place for our Wedding!

Casa Real is a true gem of a place! We got married there 3 months ago and find excuses to go back to see the space and the people!

Every single teammate on the Casa Real team was hard-working, genuine and responsive. The culture is extremely client-centered, which was welcomed when there are so many people/vendors to work with. They really made it easy for us to have an authentically us wedding. Our wedding coordinator and Alli worked extremely well together in getting everything done leading to and during the wedding.

The venue is gorgeous, well maintained both inside and outside. There are four different spaces for different ‘feels’ for your respective event, and we happily used three and it was perfect. We got the perfect fall photos we were hoping for!

We are extremely fortunate to have gotten married at Casa Real!

Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery 5
    Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery 6

Alexandria · Married on 07/27/2018

My husband and I, and our families, cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and the staff. The grounds are beautiful and kept so immaculate. The staff are wonderful from day 1 (special thanks to Kara and our amazing day of coordinator Z!) and are SO helpful throughout the whole process. They are super responsive with emails and phone calls and are very easy to communicate with throughout the process. They are so organized and timely- our wedding day went seemlessly and I had 0 stress thanks to them and knowing everything was taken care of. They genuinely care about their clients. The food is delicious- and you get a tasting night at the venue a few months before the wedding. Thanks Casa for everything!

Lori · Married on 10/06/2017

Amazing venue! Awesome employees—everyone of them. Especially Cara and Zee! I was the mother of the bride and they were a step ahead of everything! The food was so delicious! My daughter’s wedding was perfect! I can’t say enough! You will never find a more beautiful place to get married! They have a list of awesome vendors to work with too.

• Mrs.Grace2B

Cinthia · Married on 08/05/2017

Marlena was awesome, she was our day of event coordinator! She worked with me through my OCD and my huge binder of ideas. SO patient and willing to bring my vision to reality! This venue was perfect for my special day. We did the platinum menu and all the food was great! Drinks were good!

Cynden · Married on 02/04/2017

The food was amazing, the staff was professional, the venue is beautiful, and the experience is unforgettable. If you have the budget for this place and are still looking at other venues, stop now. This is where you want to be. They hold hundreds of weddings each year, and now we know why. We worked with Sandy as our wedding coordinator, but every member of their team was super responsive and incredibly helpful during our planning process. Our wedding guests raved about the aesthetics, the food (omg the food), and the overall atmosphere. The staff at Casa Real are great about making sure every single detail is covered so you don't have to worry about anything on that day. And if you opt for the day-of coordinator, they make sure to keep you on schedule so that everything you have planned works to perfection. Our guests even noted that nothing felt rushed throughout our event, and we owe that all to the team at Casa Real. Stop looking around and book this place!

Jonathan · Married on 01/29/2017

Casa Real is an amazing place for a wedding. There is a lot of space included so guests have a lot of places to hang out during reception. The decor is very nice so even if you don't have many decorations or lighting, it still looks amazing. We got a lot of compliments on our wedding and some people mentioned it as one of their favorites that they attended. My favorite place was the outside garden area where there were market lights and a fire pit. Another great thing was the food options. Guests really enjoyed the food, especially the steak for dinner, the tuna appetizer, and donut flambe.

Everyone there is terrific. Extra shout outs to Sandy and Kara who we worked with most often during the planning process. Sandy (who also was our day of coordinator) is super! She was on top of everything and is the sweetest.

Would highly recommend to check out Casa Real if you are planning a wedding.

Maryanne · Married on 08/26/2016

This was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at when we were searching. We first found it online and the photos alone were absolutely amazing! When we went in for a visit we met with Samantha and we instantly fell in love with the venue! The space, the scenery and the staff were all amazing. Samantha, our coordinator, and Kara were so helpful and very responsive. They were also very patient with me and my many changes of ideas! But all in all they were able to help us pull off one of the best weddings ever! Thank you ladies for helping us create such a memorable wedding!

John · Married on 08/20/2016

Book them! Honestly, this has to be the go-to venue to host your wedding in the Bay Area. When you first take a tour of the venue, it’s impossible not to fall in love with the place. You and your significant other will feel pampered from the initial tour, to their annual extravagant Casa Amore Vendor Showcase, and to the elegant food tasting three months prior to your wedding date. Just leading up to the wedding is an experience to enjoy in it of itself. That’s probably why you have to book more than a year in advance to get the date you want. This place is in high demand, for so many good reasons that there isn't enough space in here for us to cover.
    The secret to a great wedding is to have people behind the scenes who know what they are doing. Casa Real is a well-oiled machine. We worked exclusively with Zainab and Kara who were both constant professionals throughout the whole process making sure every detail (so many) got covered. Zainab was our day of coordinator which is an additional fee but worth every penny if you want your wedding day to go smoothly. We primarily communicated via email, and Kara’s response time is legendary. The four of us worked together in harmony in creating an awesome wedding.
    Casa Real provides the basic essentials to host any wedding. The big one is the food. The number of items on their menu is impressive and overwhelming. It is no exaggeration that practically everything we tasted was delicious, so attempting to pick only two food entrees was a difficult task for us. Late-night snacks are increasingly becoming a staple for any wedding, and Casa has plenty to choose from. We would totally be customers if they ever decide to open up a Restaurant de Casa. Our guests could not stop raving about how great the food tasted during and after the wedding.
    After it was all said and done, the wedding was a big success and everyone had a great time. I can’t think of another venue more perfect than Casa Real to have hosted our wedding.

Casa Real made my wedding day and all of the planning leading up to the big day so easy. I am a very detailed person and I ask a lot of questions. Kara & Sandy (my day of coordinator) were very quick to respond to all of my questions while never seeming to loose patience with me or my mom which can be hard to do :).. I could not have been happier with the originazation and flow on the day of. Sandy was so great about making sure that the timeline of the day flowed as planned while also managing to make sure that the groom and I got a chance to eat and have fun. Aside from the coordinators who are amazing the venue itself it gorgeous and very elegant. Casa Real truly has weddings down, our guests raved about the food and the venue. It is so gorgeous that you really don't need to do too much to decorate it and mostly. An open bar is included in the venue cost which was our parents biggest selling point because they didn't have to worry about a bar tab at the end of the night and your guests don't have to worry about a cash bar. The open bar was of course a big hit with our guests and also made for an awesome party! Casa Real provided such an amazing list of preferred vendors. I used about 90% of the almost vendors from their list and was so overjoyed with all of them. My wedding was better than I ever could have imagined and most of it was all thanks them. I would recommend Casa Real to anyone and would and am so thankful I was able to have the wedding of my dreams there with the help of Sandy and Kara who I can not say enough good things about :)

Abby and Eric · Married on 07/26/2015

As soon as we toured Casa Real 15 months before our wedding day, we knew it would be the perfect place for us. What we didn’t know was how incredible the team there is. We began working with Kara, who helped us with securing our date, paying our deposit, and explaining our agreements. Soon after, we began working with Samantha, who helped us decide every detail of our day. I had so many questions throughout the process, and the team always responded promptly and never made me feel bad for sending so many emails! Their professionalism, friendliness, and organization helped reassure us that our day would be seamless.

We chose to have a day of coordinator, and there aren’t enough words to express how helpful Samantha was that day. She kept our day on schedule, and when it wasn’t, she calmly made decisions to make sure everyone was happy! I had so many people in my bridal party and family comment about how great she was. Before I walked down the aisle, she noticed I didn’t have my blusher over my face!! I would have been so sad to have forgotten that detail. If you are planning a wedding in the Bay Area, I would strongly suggest checking out Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery. They will NOT disappoint! I just wish we could do it again!!

PS - The French Fry Bar was a huge hit :)

Rachel · Married on 02/08/2015

Incredible team who made our wedding a magical event! They were fantastic, communicative and made sure to incorporate everything we had asked for throughout our months of working with them. Highly reccommend!

Sonia · Married on 11/16/2014

I had my wedding here and this venue is absolutely magical!! Great staff, Samantha was a wonderful coordinater, such a beautiful venue!!!

Maria · Married on 11/08/2014

I absolutely love this venue. All of my guest loved the appetizers, soup, salad and main courses. The food was fresh and delicious. Casey, our day of coordinator was absolutely fantastic and easy to work with. She made sure everything was running smooth and very attentive to any of our concerns.

Gladys · Married on 06/29/2014

There is a reason why you have to book this venue so far in advance!

I booked my date a year and a half prior because I wanted a weekend in June, which I know is an extremely popular time to have a wedding. We live in the East Bay so the location was very convenient for us. We were blown away by the natural beauty: the grounds are well-maintained and clean, the ceilings are very high, and the architecture is exquisite. However, Casa Real is also a clean slate and you can really change it however you want to fit your style. These are just some of the reasons why we picked Casa Real and would recommend it to anyone:

- your wedding will be the only one happening that day
    - very convenient, free, large parking lot
    - we wanted both an indoor ceremony and reception (but for brides that want an outdoor ceremony, they can do that too)
    - they can hold very large weddings if they need to
    - all-in-one packaging (don't have to worry about dining rentals, outside catering, etc)
    - BEST STAFF EVER (very professional, friendly, very timely with e-mails, very organized and detail-oriented... they have planning and coordinating weddings down to a science!) They were super accommodating, even with last minute changes. You will not regret hiring them as your day-of-coordinator. Thank you so much to Kara and Sandy!
    - great food (we had the New York Steak and the Alaskan Cod and both were delicious; my groom finished his cod entirely! Who says you can't eat well at your wedding?) We also had a vegetable caponata for the vegetarian/vegan course. For appetizers, we had the bacon/chorizo/date, potato/marrow, ahi tuna, and eggplant crostini (vegan) and everyone said they were delicious.
    - they can do Sunday weddings and it's cheaper

I had the best time of my life at my wedding, and part of the reason was that there was a great team at Casa Real that made sure that things ran smoothly, and it did!

• I

Ivory · Married on 04/27/2014

Such a beautiful venue. All the staff went above and beyond my expectations. Z and Kara were awesome always answering al my emails so promptly. I had the best wedding of my life. I was told by previous brides to always expect something to go wrong, well let me tell you at Casa Real everything went perfectly not a single hitch

Jennifer · Married on 04/25/2014

Casa Real is a very beautiful venue with such amazing staff. Their staff is so professional and their quality of service was great from beginning to end. They were always very responsive and helpful with answering all our questions. We had so many compliments from our family and friends on our wedding day. My husband and I were so pleased with the service, the food and the beauty of the venue truly speaks for itself. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and service on our Wedding day.

I have been waiting to write this review and after 9 months of wedding planning the time has finally come!! Our wedding was on March 30, 2014 and it was absolutely flawless. I knew as soon as I visited Casa that it was the place for me. Be advised that they are in high demand and for damn good reason. Don't wait until 6 months before your desired date because it more than likely won't happen. Before I get to the impeccable service I'll start with the actual venue. The options are endless because it's basically a clean canvas. You can get married in 3 different locations and have the reception in one of two rooms. I chose the amber room for both and they flipped the room during cocktail hour. I don't think this is the norm here, but our wedding was 100 people and too small for the grand ballroom which can easily fit 200+. We could have rented furniture, draping and/or a partition, but let's face it weddings are already expensive. This place is pricey, but worth every single penny. Casa comes with a sweet candle package that really sets the stage for romance. I wanted a darker candlelit setting and they nailed it. The food is REALLY good, so much more than I expected and I'm pretty damn picky. The drinks are also tasty. We designed two signature drinks that were delicious and the wine was actually really good as well. They have a no shot policy and I think it's the smartest thing ever. I myself am a shot taker and had I had the option I would have been much more drunk than was necessary. I was just the right amount of intoxicated. This seems like a silly thing to include in a review, but for a drinker like myself it's helpful info.

The SERVICE -wow, I can't give them enough praise. I am borderline, ok, I am a control freak and the team here put any and all worries I had to ease. I worked with Kara and Z and I never waited more than an hour for a response. That is huge for a person like myself. I expect responsiveness and thorough responses at that when it comes to w

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2013

We got married here on Friday, May 31, 2013. We can't say enough about this place. It was gorgeous! Everything was in bloom including the vines, making our pictures turn out amazing. The inside decor is beautiful. We only got two decor upgrades, the candle package and up lighting. Both of those with our amazing florist (Delford West, a preferred vendor of Casa) the room were perfect. We used the standard chairs, which matched our colors of the wedding, and we thought it looked great.

We had Alyssia Lundgren as our day of coordinator, which we highly recommend getting. Not only the day of coordinator, but her especially. She is very sweet and was there for everything, even the things we did not expect.

So since the wedding was on a Friday the food choices are limited, but you can get pretty much anything you want as an upgrade. We went with Chicken Saltimbocca and a New York Steak. All the food was perfect. We still are being told by guests that the steak was the best they have ever had. Not just at a wedding, but ever. The best part, it was not like a typical wedding where the piece of meat is very small. The steaks were so big there were a lot of people that could not even finish it. Very good portions and best of all delicious. Recommend getting the streak upgrade if it is not an option.

If you want your wedding to be perfect go with Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery.

• Brian

Brian · Married on 05/11/2013

We had our wedding here in May 2013, and we have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this venue! We booked our date in January 2012, and so glad we did because dates were booking up fast! I can go on and on about what a great venue this is!
    - Kara is amazing! She was our main point of contact from the beginning. She has the quickest responses, is soo patient and willing to answer every question you have (whether it's email or in person, and trust me, I had a billion questions almost every day in the month leading up to our wedding), and is extremely willing to accommodate and address any concerns or issues we had!
    - The planning process is very structured and detailed. Casa Real gives you a questionnaire to fill out ahead of time that you go over with your coordinator, detailing everything from venue diagrams, how you want your napkin folded, and even who is in charge of the leftover cake.
    - The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL! We got so many compliments on the gorgeous Sun Garden, high ceilings of the Grand Salon, and beautiful atmosphere of the Amber room.
    - Alyssia, our day of coordinator, is absolutely amazing as well! She was so helpful and all my friends and family LOVED her. She was great at our finalization meeting, patient and extremely helpful. At our rehearsal, she took charge and gave great tips to all of us for our wedding day. On our wedding day, even my mother was impressed by how on top of it she was, and how Alyssia was quick to have anything we needed. Eyelash glue? She's got it! If there are any hiccups or concerns throughout the day, Alyssia usually addresses and fixes them herself, and only goes to the bride for the final say. If there were any problems on our wedding day, I really had no idea since Alyssia was there to save the day!
    Phew I could go on and on, but I will stop here. We loved Casa Real and it was probably one of the best decisions we made to have our wedding here.

• User2712047 · 2+ years ago

Casa Real was the perfect one shop stop for our wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception here. The venue is absolutely beautiful and elegant. We had so many compliments about how nice the place was. The staff at Casa Real was friendly, professional and helpful. They were very responsive to all my emails and questions. Working with all the coordinators was easy, they really knew their stuff and would tell me things that I never thought about. The food was delicious, everyone loved the prime rib. Would highly recommend having a wedding here, it's worth it.

Loved the venue, surprisingly for wedding catering the food was delicious, overall the experience was painless and the location was breathtaking.

• Q

Quoc · Married on 12/27/2012

We could not have been happier with our Venue selection! Kara and staff were amazing from our first meeting! The most professional and hardworking staff in the industry. Our wedding day coordinator was awesome as well, thank you so much Mackenzie for making our day run smoothly!! Everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was and I would recommend Casa to anyone looking to get married!

I can't say enough good things about Casa Real and the whole staff there! Especially Alyssia and Kara! Alyssia was my day of coordinator at Casa Real and she was fantastic, organized, knows Indian weddings, and kept things going on track the whole day. But even before the wedding both her and Kara were always willing to talk and answer questions (which we had lots of) throughout the wedding planning process. Aside from the great staff, Casa Real is a gorgeous venue and I'm so lucky to have gotten married there! They get booked fast and are always busy with events but they definitely know how to make you feel special on your big day!

Kylie · Married on 10/26/2012

Selecting Casa Real for our wedding venue was one of the best decisions. The staff was amazing, especially Alyssia who was our day of coordinator. I don't know what we would have done without her. She was on top of everything.

The venue itself from the Amber Room, to the Grand Salon to the Courtyard are immaculate! The food is out of this world and our guests raved about the quality and taste of the meal.

Casa Real was everything we could dream of for a perfect wedding. It may be on the pricer side but with the service and quality you get, you will not be disappointed. It truly was a magical day!