Carver Lake Venue Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Burgess, C. Married on 09/10/2020

Exceptional!!

My family had a wonderful experience! I have read over a few reviews talking about the owners being there, the different rules, etc. The owners are very transparent and upfront about their requirements before a contract is ever signed. There were no "surprises". Patty calls, texts or emails back either right away or within a decent amount of time. The cost of the venue, for what is included, is very competitive if not better than other venders we visited who didn't offer the amenities Carver Lake did. Thank you all for making our daughter's wedding day perfect and completely dreamy!! Highly, highly recommended!!

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Cindy your words mean so much to us. We try to make every wedding all the family wants it to be. When you get this kind of recognition it makes all the hard work and long days worth it. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.
    Katelyn Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful!

LOVED this venue, my wedding was perfect. Patty is so great to work with.

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Katelyn. We strive to make your day the best it can be. You are right it was perfect!!! Thank you for sharing your special day with us
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/07/2018

Carver Lake

As soon as we booked with Carver Lake for our wedding a month ago, we knew we made the right choice! The barn and all of the land is so gorgeous and made for beautiful pictures. Patty was an absolute joy to work with and was always more than willing to accommodate us and help out wherever she could. I would highly highly recommend Carver Lake to anyone that is working with a rather small budget but still wants a beautiful wedding!

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Emily, we loved having yours and Nick's wedding here. You and your whole family were great to work with.
    Jennifer Married on 06/23/2018
    Our event will be in June 2018. Carver Lake Venue is beautiful, the owners are very personable. Can't wait till our special day is here.

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thanks Jennifer we are excited for you too!!
    Morgan Married on 11/11/2017
    Having my wedding at Carver Lake Venue was my dream come true. Very thankful for Patty and her professionalism and doing her best to work with me to make sure I had the wedding of my dreams. It is a beautiful venue! :)

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Morgan. Our goal is to make everything as perfect as possible.
    Lisa Married on 10/28/2017
    This place is amazing. The people are wonderful to work with and treat you like family.
    Katie Married on 10/07/2017
    Our wedding at carver lake was beautiful. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to have it.
    Kirk Married on 06/16/2017
    K & A Catering recently had the opportunity to serve at Carver Lake. Beautiful venue with awesome staff!
    Hannah Married on 06/16/2017
    Carver Lake Venue was so wonderful & I couldn’t have had a better place for my wedding! They do everything to help & our day was so wonderful!! I would recommend them to anyone!!

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Hannah. You and your whole family were great to work with. Wishing you and Kyle a "happily ever after".
    Jennifer Married on 05/20/2017
    This was a really nice place to have my dream wedding:)!! The owners are so sweet and will answer any questions you have. Beautiful place:)!
    Sharon Married on 04/08/2017
    Go! GO! GO!! Lovely place! Lovely people! As the mother of the groom, I can say I thought everything went spectacular with this venue!! Patty and her crew are a great group to work with also.
    Ashley Married on 10/01/2016
    Carver Lake Venue is the perfect place to get married. The Barn and beautiful landscaping provide many photo ops for your special day. The owners are a pleasure to work with and are willing to help any way they can.
    Michelle Married on 09/29/2018
    I have had the pleasure of working at the Carver Lake Venue as a Wedding Day Coordinator. My experience with Patty and Tommy have been great. They were very gracious in showing me around the property and listening to what the bride and groom wanted for their special day. This venue is beautiful and will sure meet the needs of any event held there. Patty was available and accommodating to my needs as a coordinator. I will definitely suggest Carver Lake Venue.

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Michelle for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you.
    Emily Married on 09/02/2018
    Patty was awesome to work with.

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Emily. Your wedding was one of a kind. Lots of great moments to share. Thanks for sharing your special day with us!
  • Victoria
    Victoria S. Married on 05/22/2021

Really beautiful but a bit unprofessional.

The venue was beautiful and we love it so much! My only exasperation is that the owner brought another couple in during my rehearsal without even notifying us.

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our venue. You had a beautiful wedding and we enjoyed working with you and your family. We worked hard to make your day special and I’m sorry if me having another couple on grounds during your rehearsal in any way bothered you. We try to be respectful and not interrupt any thing you had going on, and I thought we did a good job of that but if we upset you by being there again I apologize. Thanks again for sharing your day with us.
    Daniel G. Married on 05/18/2019

Nieces Wedding

Patty was a joy the venue was beautiful but several guest mentioned how strange it was for her to sit outside the entire time and watch the wedding and eat our paid for food. Seemed a bit unprofessional. This is definitely not a place for more than 100 people. 130 were very crammed and tables do not seat 10 more like 8

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Daniel thanks for the review. When we have a contract with the couple the guest are not aware of all the rules and regulations We inform the couple that as owners/managers of the venue we do stay on the premises. We offer golf cart shuttle so we do watch to see if anyone needs a ride. Couple is also informed that we require dinner because we are working through our dinner time. Table set up and space required has a lot to do with amount of people we can accommodate. I value reviews but when the person doing the review isn't a client they sometimes aren't well informed to make a proper review.
    Amy Married on 10/20/2018

Ray/White Wedding

Not enough room for 200 people. No more than 100 for guest comfort. Unlevel ground not conducive for elderly, handicapped and children. Pretty setting.

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you for the phone call Amy. I appreciate you letting me know that you wanted to remove your review. Unfortunately I don't know how that can be done. I will contact my rep and see if she can help. They may need to get in touch with you to confirm.
    It meant a lot for you to take the time to call and let me know about the misunderstanding. We try our best to always make all of our events the best they can be.
  • Paula
    Paula Married on 10/05/2019

Just a Few Items to Make Note of.....

Beautiful setting for those getting married. Especially earlier in the day and with a small to medium guest list. Definitely does not seat 200 people. We were able to fit (tightly) 130 guests.

Be mindful of the hours in the contract- No Candles, No using nails/command strips won't hold...can use thumb tacks IF you can get them into the wood. No Alcohol after 9PM, No Music after 10PM and must be packed and vacated premises by 11PM. Which doesn't sound so bad unless you're having a 5PM wedding, the time goes back very quickly. And if you don't mind the owners being there and blowing out your candles 2.5-3 hours prior to end of the evening.

Great for day time weddings of 100 or less guests!

Carver Lake Venue's reply:

Thank you Paula for your comments. As with all contracts it is important to read them. We state it is your responsibility to enforce the rules. When you don't it makes us the owners seem like we are over stepping. The wedding was beautiful but we have had many beautiful weddings that didn't violate the contract in as many ways has you did. All of which could have been avoided by reading the contract before planning. Thank you for making sure that our future couples know the importance of that.